PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs look forward to getting Baldwin on the field

Tribal Warfare
10-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Chiefs look forward to getting Baldwin on the field (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/11/3201915/chiefs-looking-forward-to-getting.html)
By TOD PALMER
The Kansas City Star

The long-anticipated debut of wide receiver Jon Baldwin will happen eventually, but impatient Chiefs fans will have to wait at least another week to glimpse him decked out in red for a meaningful game.

Selected 26th overall in April, Baldwin was expected to complement Dwayne Bowe, who was coming off a breakout Pro Bowl year, and bolster a passing game desperate to add weapons for quarterback Matt Cassel.

Instead, Baldwin has been a nonfactor after breaking his thumb during a preseason scuffle with teammate Thomas Jones.

But there is genuine excitement about what Baldwin will bring to the field when he finally does play, which is likely to be Oct. 23 in a key AFC West game at Oakland.

“I believe he’s going to do great things, and I believe he will add another dynamic to the offense that will only help,” said fellow wide receiver Keary Colbert, who is in his first season with the Chiefs.

Baldwin, a hulking 6-foot-4, 230-pound playmaker from Pittsburgh, participated fully in practice last week for the first time, but he was inactive for Sunday’s comeback win against the Indianapolis Colts.

“He was available, but it’s one of those things where he hasn’t been out in the action a bunch,” Chiefs coach Todd Haley said, explaining the decision to delay Baldwin’s NFL debut until after the bye week.

“He was real close (to being active against the Colts). He did enough things in practice that we were all excited and thought he could potentially help us, but, again, you’ve got to take into account special teams. We’ve got to do what’s best for the team right now.”

Apparently, the coaching staff wasn’t sold that Baldwin would be an asset on special teams.

And in the short term, Haley probably was right. The Chiefs built some momentum entering the off week with wins against Minnesota and Indianapolis on the heels of a dismal 0-3 start.

Still, there is little doubt that the offense — which must be retooled after losing two of the team’s top weapons, running back Jamaal Charles and tight end Tony Moeaki — could use a shot in the arm.

The Chiefs are tied for 25th in total yards, averaging barely 300 per game, and are 30th with a scoring average of 15.4 points, better than only Jacksonville and St. Louis.

“I’m a competitor,” Baldwin said. “It (stinks) not to be out there, but you’ve got to do what’s best for the team. When I am called on to play, though, I will be ready.”

Baldwin didn’t stand pat as his injured thumb healed. He worked on routes and kept up his conditioning, but he missed those all-important reps with Cassel that establish timing and rapport.

“Now, we’ll have a couple of weeks to get him ready — one full week this week without a game and then, leading into Oakland, we’ll have to start to figure some of that (roster) stuff out,” Haley said.

“Anytime you start shuffling, that means somebody’s got to go down.”

It’s not clear what Baldwin’s activation might mean for the roster. No decision has to be made until hours before kickoff against the Raiders.

Wide receiver Jerheme Urban already has been inactive the last three weeks, and Haley indicated it won’t necessarily be a receiver who sits if Baldwin does play.

But there is less concern in the locker room about a corresponding move than there is anticipation to see Baldwin’s moves.

“I’m not worried about my role,” Colbert said. “I’m more excited about what it will do for our offense and for our team. You always want to have as many talented guys as you can, because that only makes you a better team.”

Iconic
10-12-2011, 12:36 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/19htk.jpg

Fairplay
10-12-2011, 12:48 AM
I for one want to see our stud wide receiver number one pick on the field.

Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin, now that would put other teams defenses have to rethink their game plan when all three are on the field. That will be awesome, we could have the best wide receiver core in all the NFL folks.

I won't hold a grudge against him we need help we have too many key players out to give him the cold shoulder. Plus its childish thinking anyway.

KurtCobain
10-12-2011, 12:49 AM
This is why I don't buy the star.

chasedude
10-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Screw Baldwin, I wanna see more Breaston. He really showed he had something going Sunday.

Rausch
10-12-2011, 02:20 AM

Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin, now that would put other teams defenses have to rethink their game plan when all three are on the field. That will be awesome, we could have the best wide receiver core in all the NFL folks.

This...

Nightfyre
10-12-2011, 03:34 AM

And Cassel will still suck! :cuss:

chiefqueen
10-12-2011, 04:33 AM

I won't hold a grudge against him we need help we have too many key players out to give him the cold shoulder. Plus its childish thinking anyway.

The only hard thing will be finding a name for the 3, I think the "Killer B's" are already taken.

Demonpenz
10-12-2011, 05:58 AM
Reminds me of mike williams from usc.

InChiefsHeaven
10-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Bowe Breaston Baldwin - B3?

Add Battle, B4?

Bane
10-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Reminds me of mike williams from usc.

But with less talent.

Deberg_1990
10-12-2011, 06:35 AM
I look forward to him and Thomas Jones busting heads together for years.

KCFalcon59
10-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Cool. More weapons for Cassel. Unfortunately he shoots blanks.

BoneKrusher
10-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Cool. More weapons for Cassel. Unfortunately he shoots blanks.

the only QB i've seen that throws deep and it looks like a punt.

Sofa King
10-12-2011, 07:36 AM
This is why I don't buy the star.

Are you sure its not because you spent all your money on hookers and blow?

MahiMike
10-12-2011, 07:49 AM
One of my preseason predictions was that Baldwin would have more catches than A.J. Green. Still a chance...

jlscorpio
10-12-2011, 07:54 AM
The only hard thing will be finding a name for the 3, I think the "Killer B's" are already taken.

B-st Mode

WV
10-12-2011, 08:49 AM
I only hope he can get his head out of his ass and be as dominant as he was in college.

mdchiefsfan
10-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Am I the only one that is kinda worried about the integration of Baldwin into the offense? If Baldwin is in, that means a move to the inside for Breaston. But it seems Cassel is FINALLY getting his timing with Breaston. Moving Breaston inside is going to require more time to work the kinks out and a new reliance on where Breaston will be, while developing trust in Baldwin. Our offense could suffer severely, but I guess it has to happen some time.

BoneKrusher
10-12-2011, 08:56 AM
I only hope he can get his head out of his ass and be as dominant as he was in college.

Thomas Jones may have helped with that problem. ;)

Sofa King
10-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Am I the only one that is kinda worried about the integration of Baldwin into the offense? If Baldwin is in, that means a move to the inside for Breaston. But it seems Cassel is FINALLY getting his timing with Breaston. Moving Breaston inside is going to require more time to work the kinks out and a new reliance on where Breaston will be, while developing trust in Baldwin. Our offense could suffer severely, but I guess it has to happen some time.

I think Baldwin means more to this team in the future than Breaston does. There's time to get both into sync this year. But they'll all have to get their timing worked on with the new QB we're drafting in the 1st this year.

mesmith31
10-12-2011, 09:03 AM
I think that it should be mandatory for all rookies to have to deal with Thomas Jones before hitting the field. Like boot camp, break em down before building them up.

milkman
10-12-2011, 09:15 AM
I think that it should be mandatory for all rookies to have to deal with Thomas Jones before hitting the field. Like boot camp, break em down before building them up.

That would almost meke me hope to draft Burflict.

talastan
10-12-2011, 09:44 AM
the only QB i've seen that throws deep and it looks like a punt.

LOL

Rep sir! :thumb:

philfree
10-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm not saying we will but we'll actually be able to line up 4 wide with good talent across the board.

I also think lining up in a bunch formation with Baldwin, Bowe and Breaston will be hard for Ds to deal with.

The Franchise
10-12-2011, 09:51 AM
That would almost meke me hope to draft Burflict.

That would be hilarious.

The report out of training camp is that Thomas Jones is in a coma.

The Franchise
10-12-2011, 09:52 AM

No way. It should help out Cassel. You move Breaston into the slot which gives him matchups against much slower LBs. With 3 WRs on the field....maybe we can get away from having Pope on the fucking field unless it's to block for Battle.

HemiEd
10-12-2011, 09:55 AM

I don't think it matters.

If Cassel receives even moderate pressure, he is going to shit his pants and check down. If he has all day and his first read is wide open, he can get it close enough for the receiver to make a circus catch.

I was drooling while watching what Cutler was doing Monday night on his own. Cassel would have been a shit stain on the turf.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Dude is our #1 draft pick and we're "trying" to find a way for him to get on the field? If I draft a guy #1 I'm getting his ass on the field somehow, and it's not special teams.

Nightfyre
10-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Dude is our #1 draft pick and we're "trying" to find a way for him to get on the field? If I draft a guy #1 I'm getting his ass on the field somehow, and it's not special teams.

It's all part of Haley's plan to shatter Baldwins immense ego, I'm sure.

HemiEd
10-12-2011, 10:07 AM
It's all part of Haley's plan to shatter Baldwins immense ego, I'm sure.

I can understand doubting Haley on several issues, but handling WRs is not one of them IMO.

Nightfyre
10-12-2011, 10:09 AM
I can understand doubting Haley on several issues, but handling WRs is not one of them IMO.

Oh, to be clear, I wasn't being sarcastic. I think Haley's a good coach, especially at managing player egos.

HemiEd
10-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Oh, to be clear, I wasn't being sarcastic. I think Haley's a good coach, especially at managing player egos.

Cool, I misread your intent. :banghead:

jd1020
10-12-2011, 10:12 AM
I can't believe the reason he was inactive was because of special teams.

luv
10-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Cool, I misread your intent. :banghead:

With the split between those who like or support Haley and those who don't, there's no way to keep track of who's on which side of that fence.

Ming the Merciless
10-12-2011, 10:15 AM
With the split between those who like or support Haley and those who don't, there's no way to keep track of who's on which side of that fence.

theres also so many Glory Holes you cant tell who's junk is on which side

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 10:20 AM

You're not alone. I've been thinking that for awhile now. Whether it's Breaston finally figuring out where he needs to be in this offense or if it's Cassel finally figuring out that Breaston exists, it's a chemistry that I wouldn't wanna mess with.

Adding Baldwin to the mix has to alter that.

I'm excited to see the kid play, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if his first game is a 1 catch, 15 yard type of outing.

I don't think the guy is going to be the spark plug that some of us think he'll be. He's missed way too much time.

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 10:23 AM
I can't believe the reason he was inactive was because of special teams.

Why not? We're 4 games into the season and the guy has only taken a handful of snaps in the 1st game of the preseason. He has a lot of catching up to do. Guys like Colbert, Breaston and Copper have been taking tons of snaps and have been practicing with Cassel.

At this point in time, they probably have more to offer the offense than Baldwin. I think Haley made the right choice by waiting till after the bye.

jd1020
10-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Why not? We're 4 games into the season and the guy has only taken a handful of snaps in the 1st game of the preseason. He has a lot of catching up to do. Guys like Colbert, Breaston and Copper have been taking tons of snaps and have been practicing with Cassel.

At this point in time, they probably have more to offer the offense than Baldwin. I think Haley made the right choice by waiting till after the bye.

Keywords: Special Teams.

Haley said he did enough to make the offense but he kept him out because of special teams. How often does special teams even get to make a play with the current rules?

Copper has 1 catch this season. I don't care how many snaps hes taken with Cassel. The guy is nothing to this offense and Baldwin is our 1st round pick that we hope turns into another franchise WR.

HemiEd
10-12-2011, 10:30 AM

No kidding! But I have Nightfyre in the right slot now! :D

Okie_Apparition
10-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Money, Tits & the unknown

Okie_Apparition
10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Battle not on special teams makes since to worry about the chemistry when you're 1-3 , but that's just me

HemiEd
10-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Battle not on special teams makes since to worry about the chemistry when you're 1-3 , but that's just me

Who is 1-3?

jd1020
10-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Who is 1-3?

The Chiefs were before they won against the Colts. When Baldwin was DQ'd from playing because he wasn't good enough for ST.

Okie_Apparition
10-12-2011, 11:06 AM
THey had to replace Battle & after 4/5 years I would say he's a stapple there. Two new guys(Baldwin) may have ****ed it all up. The Colts have a decent rookie returner, I htink

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Keywords: Special Teams.

Haley said he did enough to make the offense but he kept him out because of special teams. How often does special teams even get to make a play with the current rules?

Copper has 1 catch this season. I don't care how many snaps hes taken with Cassel. The guy is nothing to this offense and Baldwin is our 1st round pick that we hope turns into another franchise WR.

You feel good about putting a tall guy who has issues getting off the jam at gunner?

I don't. And how many tackles has Baldwin made in his collegiate career?

Baldwin is not a special teamer. And you can dismiss special teams all you want, but if someone breaks a punt return because Baldwin was slow to beat the jam and was shoved out of bounds then that would be a pretty freaking big deal.

Baldwin will get his chance when the team is ready.

jd1020
10-12-2011, 11:38 AM
I'd take my chances on the off chance that some guy breaks a punt return for 6 because of Baldwin alone over Copper contributing 9 yards to the offense in 5 games.

philfree
10-12-2011, 11:39 AM
I would worry more about Baldwin re-injuring his thumb on a STs play then I would with him catching the ball.

Chiefnj2
10-12-2011, 11:45 AM
I'd rather have Baldwin active over Allen Bailey.

mdchiefsfan
10-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I'd take my chances on the off chance that some guy breaks a punt return for 6 because of Baldwin alone over Copper contributing 9 yards to the offense in 5 games.

It's all genuinely subjective. If he is going to be on the field, unable to get off the LOS successfully, and can't contribute as a result I would mind giving up 6 points on STs. I think Colbert is doing pretty good out of the slot as we stand right now. I also think Breaston is more of a concern for opposing defenses than Baldwin will be, considering his[Breaston's] recent success. The only area that we could really use Baldwin is in the red zone, other than that I can be patient with them bringing him along slowly. I guess what I am saying is I trust Haley's ability to decide when Baldwin will be ready to play.

I know he is a first round pick that SHOULD be contributing immediately. But I think the injury is something that has stalled that from being a reality. That doesn't mean he was a bad pick in the draft, just a victim of an unfortunate circumstance.

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 11:56 AM
It's all genuinely subjective. If he is going to be on the field, unable to get off the LOS successfully, and can't contribute as a result I would mind giving up 6 points on STs. I think Colbert is doing pretty good out of the slot as we stand right now. I also think Breaston is more of a concern for opposing defenses than Baldwin will be, considering his[Breaston's] recent success. The only area that we could really use Baldwin is in the red zone, other than that I can be patient with them bringing him along slowly. I guess what I am saying is I trust Haley's ability to decide when Baldwin will be ready to play.

I know he is a first round pick that SHOULD be contributing immediately. But I think the injury is something that has stalled that from being a reality. That doesn't mean he was a bad pick in the draft, just a victim of an unfortunate circumstance.

This.

He clearly isn't "wowing" anyone in practice. Haley plays rooks if they're ready. I trust Haley's judgement on this.

I hope Baldwin comes in and rips it. But lets be honest here; no OTA's and not even half a training camp.

What can you really expect of him?

jd1020
10-12-2011, 11:59 AM
I hope Baldwin comes in and rips it. But lets be honest here; no OTA's and not even half a training camp.

What can you really expect of him?

Even with this I would expect more than 1 for 9 and 7 for 65 from a 6'4'' 225 1st round receiver. If he doesn't pan out then ohwell, we wasted yet another 1st round pick. But what production are we missing out on because he's lining up next to Breaston?

Are we going to say we don't expect Baldwin to catch the ball at least 25 times? Because thats what Copper and Colbert are on pace for.... combined.

mdchiefsfan
10-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Even with this I would expect more than 1 for 9 and 7 for 65 from a 6'4'' 225 1st round receiver. If he doesn't pan out then ohwell, we wasted yet another 1st round pick. But what production are we missing out on because he's lining up next to Breaston?

Are we going to say we don't expect Baldwin to catch the ball at least 25 times? Because thats what Copper and Colbert are on pace for.... combined.

I think what I am getting at is Breaston is the most serviceable 2 WR we've had in a long time. Why demote your serviceable 2 WR to slot and run your green WR in his place? There is no way Baldwin can play slot so that would be your only option to get him on the field.

On the other hand, you do have Colbert, who can play in the slot. That keeps Breaston where he has been successful. We can't rotate the pieces until Baldwin can out perform Breaston as the 2 WR.

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 12:22 PM

Meh. I know what you're saying. But Comparing him to Copper isn't really fair. Copper is on this team because of his special team's abilities not because he's a WR.

The choice not to play Baldwin likely was not based soley on Baldwin's ability.

Take into consideration that Breaston needs to change positions from Flanker to Slot. Baldwin has to be installed in the offense. Cassel has to get acclimated to both WR's at their new positions. They'll also need to deactivate someone, which could require more adjustments.

It just makes more sense to do it after the bye rather than cramming in those adjustments in a few short days. That's how mistakes are made. Haley gave himself two weeks now to make the best choices that benefit the team and get Baldwin/Breaston/Cassel all on the same page.

Missing 1 game isn't a big deal. We'll see him against OAK i'm sure.

I agree with Haley on this move.

jd1020
10-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I think what I am getting at is Breaston is the most serviceable 2 WR we've had in a long time. Why demote your serviceable 2 WR to slot and run your green WR in his place? There is no way Baldwin can play slot so that would be your only option to get him on the field.

On the other hand you do have Colbert who can play in the slot which keeps Breaston where he has been successful. We can't rotate the pieces until Baldwin can out perform Breaston as the 2 WR.

Because Baldwin with Breaston in the slot is > Breaston with Colbert in the slot?

mdchiefsfan
10-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Because Baldwin with Breaston in the slot is > Breaston with Colbert in the slot?

Are you sure? If that were the case, I am sure they would do it.

mdchiefsfan
10-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Meh. I know what you're saying. But Comparing him to Copper isn't really fair. Copper is on this team because of his special team's abilities not because he's a WR.

The choice not to play Baldwin likely was not based soley on Baldwin's ability.

Take into consideration that Breaston needs to change positions from Flanker to Slot. Baldwin has to be installed in the offense. Cassel has to get acclimated to both WR's at their new positions. They'll also need to deactivate someone, which could require more adjustments.

It just makes more sense to do it after the bye rather than cramming in those adjustments in a few short days. That's how mistakes are made. Haley gave himself two weeks now to make the best choices that benefit the team and get Baldwin/Breaston/Cassel all on the same page.

Missing 1 game isn't a big deal. We'll see him against OAK i'm sure.

I agree with Haley on this move.

+1

Nightfyre
10-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Another interesting, albeit improbable course of action: bump Bowe to the slot on 3 wr sets. He may not be your prototypical slot receiver, but the way he makes people miss... I bet he would be effective. Baldwin + Breaston on the outside, Bowe inside.

Of course you would only use this if you felt Breaston couldn't transition effectively inside.

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Another interesting, albeit improbable course of action: bump Bowe to the slot on 3 wr sets. He may not be your prototypical slot receiver, but the way he makes people miss... I bet he would be effective. Baldwin + Breaston on the outside, Bowe inside.

Of course you would only use this if you felt Breaston couldn't transition effectively inside.

Breaston should be able to transition smoothly. He's a natural fit at the slot, which is why they signed him I'm sure.

But I agree with your idea. Good teams do it all the time. Nickel Backs would have a fit trying to deal with Bowe's size in the slot.

But I think that's a wrinkle the Chiefs would install NEXT season.

Nightfyre
10-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Breaston should be able to transition smoothly. He's a natural fit at the slot, which is why they signed him I'm sure.

But I agree with your idea. Good teams do it all the time. Nickel Backs would have a fit trying to deal with Bowe's size in the slot.

But I think that's a wrinkle the Chiefs would install NEXT season.

Detoxing, I have to say I have agreed with a great many of your posts in this thread, including this one.

mdchiefsfan
10-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Detoxing, I have to say I have agreed with a great many of your posts in this thread, including this one.

same here

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 12:38 PM

same here

Gracias Compadres.

Iconic
10-12-2011, 12:42 PM

As much as I hate JD I agree completely. Breaston's natural position IS slot. He will do better there and Baldwin at No.2 will get other receivers open. If you were apart of the Defense who would sound like a bigger threat: Colbert or Baldwin.

philfree
10-12-2011, 12:42 PM
I can see Baldwin having a pretty big impact. He's had a ton of time to learn the plays and he's going to have three weeks of practice to be ready for his first game as a rookie. He'll be hungry and wanting to prove himself too so I can se him making a big play or two.

Nightfyre
10-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I have tremendous hopes for Baldwin, but with receivers you have to temper your expectations with a three year development cycle. He is the same build as Fitz, with just as much athleticism. I think Fitz is his ceiling, truly. I mean, 6'4", 225 lbs and like a 45" vert and has 4.4 speed with terrific hands and body control. He needs to run better routes (which will help create seperation) and get off the press better and he could be freakishly good.

Edit: Actual combine figures:
40: 4.50
Bench: 225x20
Vert: 42"
Broad Jump: 10'9"
3 Cone: 7.07
20 yd shuttle: 4.34
60 yd shuttle: 11.4

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 12:50 PM
As much as I hate JD I agree completely. Breaston's natural position IS slot. He will do better there and Baldwin at No.2 will get other receivers open. If you were apart of the Defense who would sound like a bigger threat: Colbert or Baldwin.

I don't think that's the debate here. Baldwin/Breaston is clearly better from a talent perspective than Breaston/Colbert.

It's not a matter of talent, it's about timing, preparedness and offensive rhythm.

It doesn't really matter. He's gonna be on the field in two weeks. Let's hope the offense improves with him in there.

BigChiefFan
10-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Let's hope Baldwin gets off to a quick start and makes a contribution early and often.

O.city
10-12-2011, 01:42 PM
I really hope this guy turns out to be a stud. The Chiefs deserve to be loaded on offense for a change. Like I stated in another thread, all these weapons are gonna look really good next year when our shinny new qb breaks the huddle.

Discuss Thrower
10-12-2011, 01:57 PM
I really hope this guy turns out to be a stud. The Chiefs deserve to be loaded on offense for a change. Like I stated in another thread, all these weapons are gonna look really good next year when our shinny new qb breaks the huddle.

Matt Flynn?

mdchiefsfan
10-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Matt Flynn?

:banghead:

O.city
10-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Matt Flynn?

I will down you. Don't talk like that. He agrees with me.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d9/Andrew_Luck_at_2010_Stanford_football_open_house.JPG/200px-Andrew_Luck_at_2010_Stanford_football_open_house.JPG

whoman69
10-12-2011, 03:34 PM
I would expect Baldwin to get his start from the slot. He won't have the stamina for every down despite all his bike time. You also don't want to blow the chemistry that's developing between Check Down and Breaston.

O.city
10-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Breaston needs to be in the slot. He is a pretty perfect fit for it. If Baldwin pans out we could potentially have a top 5 receiving corp in the NFL.

Frosty
10-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Breaston needs to be in the slot. He is a pretty perfect fit for it. If Baldwin pans out we could potentially have a top 5 receiving corp in the NFL.

Too bad we don't have a top 5 QB.

mdchiefsfan
10-12-2011, 03:45 PM
I would expect Baldwin to get his start from the slot. He won't have the stamina for every down despite all his bike time. You also don't want to blow the chemistry that's developing between Check Down and Breaston.

I think what will happen is Baldwin will be the odd man out with Breaston playing the 2 WR. When Baldwin does come in Breaston will go to the slot, but Breaston overall will see more snaps than Baldwin. I don't think we will see him in the slot though.

-King-
10-12-2011, 03:46 PM

Wide outs don't play every down.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
10-12-2011, 03:47 PM
I think what will happen is Baldwin will be the odd man out with Breaston playing the 2 WR. When Baldwin does come in Breaston will go to the slot, but Breaston overall will see more snaps than Baldwin. I don't think we will see him in the slot though.
This.
Posted via Mobile Device

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Just to get everyone excited again....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HrTEX8tvHhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kccrow
10-12-2011, 03:58 PM
I believe Baldwin will be brought in only in 3+ receiver sets to start out with. Breaston will stay the number two in 2 receiver sets. In 3 receiver sets, Breaston will slide in to the slot. Breaston should be able to handle the movement back and forth. This will allow Baldwin to concentrate only on one set of routes for the time being. I can't recall who is active at WR. I thought Horne was active and Urban out, but I could be wrong. If that's the case, I expect Horne to be deactivated again. If not, its a toss up between Colbert and Copper. Haley likes Copper on ST though.

BossChief
10-12-2011, 10:07 PM
deactivate Thomas Jones

whew.....that was easy

HIChief
10-12-2011, 11:02 PM

They'll be the B's knees!

HIChief
10-12-2011, 11:08 PM

Why does Breaston have to move inside? Shouldn't Baldwin WORK his way into the Nr2 receiver position? Hell, let's make him play in Moeaki's stead at tight end. Such is the lot of a cocky rook who thinks too highly of himself. Make him prove himself in the slot first.

-King-
10-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Why does Breaston have to move inside? Shouldn't Baldwin WORK his way into the Nr2 receiver position? Hell, let's make him play in Moeaki's stead at tight end. Such is the lot of a cocky rook who thinks too highly of himself. Make him prove himself in the slot first.

A 6'4 230lb player in the slot? Yeah....NO.

rocknrolla
10-12-2011, 11:51 PM

I wouldn't put it past Haley to do something like that. I think he should.

NJChiefsFan
10-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Just to get everyone excited again....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HrTEX8tvHhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well its nice to see he can catch bad passes.

I am not worried about this. I trust Haley do bring him in the right away. If we have to suffer through some stuff for him to be great down the line, so be it.