PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Going out on a limb here...

Coogs
10-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Chiefs 6-3 after week 10.

Nearly got San Diego on West Coast. I think we can pick off the Raiders comming out of our Bye week. San Diego at Home on a Monday Night. Home vs the Dolphins. Home vs the Tebow's.

Disclaimer... Cassel plays like he has since Haley called him a pussy.

BigRichard
10-12-2011, 07:42 AM
I say both the Raiders and San Diego push our shit in and the masses are back to hating everything the Chiefs.

We then look decent against Miami and Denver, possibly even winning one or both. Then we are the toast of the town again even though they are shitty teams.

After those 2 games the Chiefs are going to look really bad with the remaining schedule.

MahiMike
10-12-2011, 07:47 AM
That's a very thin limb. Hope it's not up too high.

keg in kc
10-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Too hard to read at this point. I just hope the blowouts are over. Those first two games almost killed the entire season for me.

Chiefnj2
10-12-2011, 07:51 AM
I don't know. The D was horrible in the first half. Any other team with a veteran QB probably gets 1 or 2 more first downs and wins the game.

For KC to go 6-3 the following needs to happen:

1. OL play very well in both run and pass game. If Cassel gets pressured consistently he melts.
2. Muir has to open the playbook earlier in games.
3. Crennel has to figure out a way to pressure opposing QBs.

blaise
10-12-2011, 07:55 AM
I doubt it. Although, they'll be favored in two of those games.

Coogs
10-12-2011, 07:57 AM
That's a very thin limb. Hope it's not up too high.

Yes, the limb is thin. Thank goodness it is only abot 5 feet high. :D

Coogs
10-12-2011, 07:57 AM
I don't know. The D was horrible in the first half. Any other team with a veteran QB probably gets 1 or 2 more first downs and wins the game.

For KC to go 6-3 the following needs to happen:

1. OL play very well in both run and pass game. If Cassel gets pressured consistently he melts.
2. Muir has to open the playbook earlier in games.
3. Crennel has to figure out a way to pressure opposing QBs.

Agreed on all points.

suds79
10-12-2011, 07:58 AM
I have a hard time seeing 6-3 after week 10.

Couple reasons why.

- We're coming off the high of beating two winless teams the last two weeks so that's tainting our view of this team.

- Matt Cassel, who started out the season as possibly the worse QB in the league has fallen back into what he is. Around 15-20 or so. But don't expect more than that.

- We're still without 3 of our best players. There's really no rebounding from that.

I think @ Raiders is a for sure loss.

Now the 3 three games we should win at home to SD (they still have the far superior QB), Miami & Den. You think this team can go 3-0 against that without slipping? Me neither.

loochy
10-12-2011, 07:58 AM
I can see 5-4, but I really really doubt that we will beat the Raiders. The Chargers game could go either way (that's not confidence in the Chiefs, that's lack of confidence in the Chargers) and the Dolphins and Broncos are winnable for sure.

Actually, knowing how the Chiefs work, we will beat both the Raiders AND the Chargers, then we will get destroyed by Denver and Miami.

Chiefnj2
10-12-2011, 08:02 AM
The good thing about the Charger game is that they are at NY the week before. 2nd road games are always tough on teams, especially when they have to travel far.

Coogs
10-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Too hard to read at this point. I just hope the blowouts are over. Those first two games almost killed the entire season for me.

It is a bit hard to read. But, FWIW, I think we have been pretty consistant the last 3 games. Really should have won all 3. Looked a lot more like the team Haley had going in the right direction last season. When we don't turn it over, we can be pretty good. And that was a key last season. Same scenario this season.

Hammock Parties
10-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Can't wait to be 6-3 only to get swept by New England, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Green bay and New York.

6-8, headed for 7-9 and comfortable mediocrity.

"we would have made the playoffs with Charles, Berry and Moeaki, no reason to dump Cassel or Haley"

loochy
10-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Can't wait to be 6-3 only to get swept by New England, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Green bay and New York.

"we would have made the playoffs with Charles, Berry and Moeaki, no reason to dump Cassel or Haley"

Yeah.

But it's not like we can do anything about it, right? We are just talking about what we think might happen.

Chiefnj2
10-12-2011, 08:07 AM

That excuse is going to be around whether KC finishes with 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 wins.

Hammock Parties
10-12-2011, 08:08 AM
If we had a QB right now, even with the injuries and Haley's colossal fuckups, we could be 3-2 and leading the division.

Ain't life a bitch?

Mr_Tomahawk
10-12-2011, 08:09 AM
The two teams we beat have a combined record of 1-9.

Thanks.

Straight, No Chaser
10-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Duh-Raduhs will crush the Browns this week and perhaps be emotionally spent two weeks after losing Al Davis; I think we can surprise them after the bye.

Key is a good game plan mixing up the pass/run. If we have to rely on our big backs gaining the edge, exclusively, we lose. Special teams need to keep us in field position and no FG misses...

An AFC West rivalry game. Same as it ever was.

milkman
10-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Raiders should get consistent pressure up the middle, which will have Dink checking down all day.

Jackie Battle will not have nearly the same kind of day against the Raider defense that he had against the Colts.

The only thing that we might have is the inability to defend the slant by the Raiders that is about equal to the Colts.

If the Raiders double Hali, and Crennel doesn't dial up some blitzes to pressure Campbell, then the secondary will have a long day, again.

Crennel's soft man-zone, bend bit don't break scheme allows even marginally talented QBs to pick us apart.

Mr. Arrowhead
heh cool, I didnt know Le'ron Mcclain post on chiefsplanet

suds79
Looking ahead of the schedule past week 10.

I knew our schedule in the middle is tough but I can honestly see a possibility of losing out after that point.

To me only weeks 16 & 17 are up in the air as possible wins.

Coogs
10-12-2011, 08:13 AM
If we had a QB right now, even with the injuries and Haley's colossal fuckups, we could be 3-2 and leading the division.

Ain't life a bitch?

Succop makes that chippy fg against the Chargers early, and we were nearly in fg range to win it at the end... instead of needing a TD to win.

TEX

Thanks.

More attention needs to be given to this fact when making predictions. I can't realistically see the Chiefs being 6-3 after week 10. The way I see it is 4-5 at best.

Chiefnj2
Looking ahead of the schedule past week 10.

I knew our schedule in the middle is tough but I can honestly see a possibility of losing out after that point.

To me only weeks 16 & 17 are up in the air as possible wins.

The Jets and Bears aren't playing good football right now.

Coogs
10-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Raiders should get consistent pressure up the middle, which will have Dink checking down all day.

There is the pre/post pussy disclaimer part.

Quesadilla Joe
10-12-2011, 08:20 AM
The Chiefs will win just enough games to miss out on the top two QB's during the draft. I see 3 or 4 wins total.

suds79
10-12-2011, 08:20 AM
The Jets and Bears aren't playing good football right now.

Both away games though.

But yeah the Jets are not world-beaters.

And I think the Bears just ran into a buzzsaw of a D-line last week. If we can apply that kind of pressure all game long? Awesome.

milkman
10-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Both away games though.

But yeah the Jets are not world-beaters.

And I think the Bears just ran into a buzzsaw of a D-line last week. If we can apply that kind of pressure all game long? Awesome.

The Bears O-Line is just horrible.

Chiefs should have little problem appying pressure.

Hammock Parties
10-12-2011, 08:28 AM
The Bears O-Line is just horrible.

Chiefs should have little problem appying pressure.

Didn't work out so well in Indy.

Nightfyre
10-12-2011, 08:29 AM
There is the pre/post pussy disclaimer part.

You assume Cassel actually played much better in the Indy game. Realistically he got pressured, what 6 times that game? Nearly all of which were from the direction he was facing? Further, two of his TD passes were garbage passes Bowe and Breaston went through circus efforts to catch. He was also picking on one of the worst coverage CBs in the league who was matched up with Bowe. I think the raiders will be able to jam Bowe a little more effectively at the line, disrupting the slant routes. Further, they may actually be able to cover Cassel's primary reads. Then Cassel will either shit his pants at non-existent pressure or checkdown immediately or take sacks. Fact is, Cassel was no different in indy than he was earlier in the year. The circumstances were just that much more favorable.

Coogs
10-12-2011, 08:38 AM
You assume Cassel actually played much better in the Indy game. Realistically he got pressured, what 6 times that game? Nearly all of which were from the direction he was facing? Further, two of his TD passes were garbage passes Bowe and Breaston went through circus efforts to catch. He was also picking on one of the worst coverage CBs in the league who was matched up with Bowe. I think the raiders will be able to jam Bowe a little more effectively at the line, disrupting the slant routes. Further, they may actually be able to cover Cassel's primary reads. Then Cassel will either shit his pants at non-existent pressure or checkdown immediately or take sacks. Fact is, Cassel was no different in indy than he was earlier in the year. The circumstances were just that much more favorable.

I disagree to an extent. And trust me, I am no huge Cassel fan. Cassel looks much more decisive in where he is going with the ball, and the emergence of Breaston takes some of the pressure off of Bowe. Raiders offer the next challange in the progression of Cassel as a QB. If he reverts back to the form vs the Raiders at home last season... then yes we are hosed. Like I said, I am going out on a limb... even if it is very thin.

milkman
10-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Didn't work out so well in Indy.

The Colts O-Line hasn't been nearly as bad as the Bears, and even with the personnel adjustments they had to make due to injury, they did a good job of scheming the line play, and executing that scheme to minimize pressure.

When Crennel adjusted in the second half, the Chiefs did get enough pressure to limit Painter compared to his first half.

Nightfyre
10-12-2011, 08:40 AM
I disagree to an extent. And trust me, I am no huge Cassel fan. Cassel looks much more decisive in where he is going with the ball, and the emergence of Breaston takes some of the pressure off of Bowe. Raiders offer the next challange in the progression of Cassel as a QB. If he reverts back to the form vs the Raiders at home last season... then yes we are hosed. Like I said, I am going out on a limb... even if it is very thin.

Cassel looked more decisive because his primary read was open all day. He didn't have to work progressions at all.

milkman
10-12-2011, 08:44 AM

Cassel looked more decisive against Seahawks, Rams and 9ers of the world last year, but as soon as he faced a real defense at the end of the season, he reverted to the brown stain pants QB that we know.

It's a simple formula, really.

Give Cassel time against a weak secondary, he'll look decisive and and give you a solid performance.

But if he goes against a team that can get quick pressure, or that has a good secondary, or both, and we get the guy that breaks records for futility.

Chiefnj2
10-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Further, two of his TD passes were garbage passes Bowe and Breaston went through circus efforts to catch. .

The TD throws to Breaston were garbage throws?

BigRichard
10-12-2011, 08:52 AM
We are horrid and we beat a couple of other teams that are horrid. We are not going to be 6-3.

Nightfyre
10-12-2011, 08:53 AM
The TD throws to Breaston were garbage throws?

The second one sure was.

tooge
10-12-2011, 08:53 AM
What kind of tree are you in. I'm thinking the limb is gonna break

Chiefnj2
10-12-2011, 08:57 AM
The second one sure was.

There was no circus effort to catch the ball.

Nightfyre
10-12-2011, 09:03 AM
There was no circus effort to catch the ball.

IIRC, he caught the ball while tangled up practically underneath a defender because he had to comeback on a terribly underthrown pass. Memories can be flawed though.

Chiefnj2
10-12-2011, 09:06 AM
IIRC, he caught the ball while tangled up practically underneath a defender because he had to comeback on a terribly underthrown pass. Memories can be flawed though.

The defender wasn't near him or the ball. Defender has his back to the play.

HemiEd
10-12-2011, 09:10 AM

Hopefully they will not be an embarrassment at Oakland.

milkman
10-12-2011, 09:13 AM
The defender wasn't near him or the ball. Defender has his back to the play.

You're right, the defender wasn't near him, and did have his back to the ball, after falling down and trying to recover.

The ball was underthrown, and Breaston had to come back for it.

Coogs
10-12-2011, 09:21 AM
We are horrid and we beat a couple of other teams that are horrid. We are not going to be 6-3.

Hey, I have been wrong once or twice before... :shrug:

Coogs
10-12-2011, 09:23 AM
The second one sure was.

The second one was one of those that if Brady, Rodgers, Brees... one of those QB's would have thrown would have been a great pass. Since it was our guy... it's garbage. I'm not a Cassel fan either, but com' on man!

Nightfyre
10-12-2011, 09:25 AM
The second one was one of those that if Brady, Rodgers, Brees... one of those QB's would have thrown would have been a great pass. Since it was our guy... it's garbage. I'm not a Cassel fan either, but com' on man!

I don't agree.

philfree
10-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Chiefs 6-3 after week 10.

Nearly got San Diego on West Coast. I think we can pick off the Raiders comming out of our Bye week. San Diego at Home on a Monday Night. Home vs the Dolphins. Home vs the Tebow's.

Disclaimer... Cassel plays like he has since Haley called him a pussy.

We beat the Raiders at their place and I'm on board.

The Chiefs have alot to prove against Oakland and if Haley has his troops motivated they have a chance. I'm thinking that with the passing of Al Davis that the Raiders will be on an emotional wave for a couple of weeks and when that wave crashes they'll be tired and worn down. The Chiefs will come in fresh after the bye week and hopefully have their way. This where camp Haley could start to pay off. (crosses fingers)

Coogs
Cassel looked more decisive against Seahawks, Rams and 9ers of the world last year, but as soon as he faced a real defense at the end of the season, he reverted to the brown stain pants QB that we know.

I'm with you. But we didn't have a Breaston last season either. Oakland is a big game for Cassel. Does he crap his pants and get called a pussy by Haley again? Or was message received? Dude has looked like a different QB since that point. Will it continue in the face of the Raiders pressure? If it does... 6-3. If not... my limb breaks.

Chiefnj2
You're right, the defender wasn't near him, and did have his back to the ball, after falling down and trying to recover.

The ball was underthrown, and Breaston had to come back for it.

The corner did not fall down. Do people watch the game?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d822fa27a/QB-Cassel-to-WR-Breaston-11-yd-pass-TD

If you want a good laugh watch Albert on the replay.

Coogs
10-12-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't agree.

That's fine.

kstater
10-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Disclaimer... Cassel plays like he has since Haley called him a pussy.Not to nitpick, but Cassel called Haley a pussy, not the other way around.

philfree
10-12-2011, 09:32 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d822fa27a/QB-Cassel-to-WR-Breaston-11-yd-pass-TD

Looked like the ever popular back shoulder throw to me but it's Cassel so it was a bad throw behind the reciever.

Nightfyre
10-12-2011, 09:32 AM

Thanks for the link.

Regardless, Cassel made catching that ball 100x more difficult than it needed to be by underthrowing it. He he hit breaston in stride, he takes the DB out of the play entirely.

L.A. Chieffan
10-12-2011, 09:33 AM
#5 pick here we come

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 09:33 AM

QFMFT

Chiefnj2
10-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the link.

Regardless, Cassel made catching that ball 100x more difficult than it needed to be by underthrowing it. He he hit breaston in stride, he takes the DB out of the play entirely.

He's throwing to a spot on the field.

Priest31kc
10-12-2011, 09:57 AM
I cant see us beating the Raiders in Oakland...But if we do, it definitely sets us up for a big Monday Night game at 3-3....

Coogs
10-12-2011, 10:01 AM
I cant see us beating the Raiders in Oakland...But if we do, it definitely sets us up for a big Monday Night game at 3-3....

It will be pretty tough, but we did everything but beat them out there last year. Bowe hangs on and we would have.

Iconic
10-12-2011, 10:14 AM
We can beat the Chargers, Broncos, and Dolphins... Oakland is the only uncertain game but as long as we don't ****ing run shotgun draws on every third & long and Cassel plays sub par there's a descent chance. You guys are really underestimating what Baldwin will bring to the team. Even if he catches nothing he will command attention and the fact that they have an extra week to work him in and NO NFL TEAM has any idea how we will use him? I think the element of surprise will play a role in the game.

TEX
10-12-2011, 10:30 AM
It will be pretty tough, but we did everything but beat them out there last year. Bowe hangs on and we would have.

Or the TD is allowed on the punt return because there was no penalty, or Cassel does not throw a pick in the endzone. I STILL don't see how we lost that game...:cuss:

Okie_Apparition
10-12-2011, 10:44 AM
The Chiefs have had a better chance of beating Oakland in Oakland as of late. Maybe the baseball diamond gets Cassel in his groove.

Coogs does not ****ing doubt the cornhole board

milkman
10-12-2011, 10:47 AM

I got confused.

Thta's not the TD I'm talking about, and if you watched the replay in the game, the TD that I'm talking about, Rucker doesn't actually fall, he slips, which gets Breaston wide open for a bad throw from Cassel.

Coogs
10-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Or the TD is allowed on the punt return because there was no penalty, or Cassel does not throw a pick in the endzone. I STILL don't see how we lost that game...:cuss:

Yeah, I thought about bringing up those points. We had multiple opportunities to win that one, and snatched defeat right from the jaws of victory.

Lzen
10-12-2011, 11:53 AM

Yup. I've been critical of Cassel but you can't knock him for this game. And that pass to Breaston (where SB put the ball on the pylon) was a great throw.

ct
10-12-2011, 11:54 AM

Thanks.

this

Lzen
10-12-2011, 11:55 AM

It's a simple formula, really.

Give Cassel time against a weak secondary, he'll look decisive and and give you a solid performance.

But if he goes against a team that can get quick pressure, or that has a good secondary, or both, and we get the guy that breaks records for futility.

This is exactly why I won't believe he has turned a corner until he can show he can do it consistently against good defense.

Coogs
10-12-2011, 12:01 PM
This is exactly why I won't believe he has turned a corner until he can show he can do it consistently against good defense.

Same here. Same concerns. Crawling out on a very thin limb thinking we will see a bit of improvement in this particular area. If not... then the most I can miss my prediction by is 4 games. :)

FringeNC
10-12-2011, 12:05 PM
It all depends on Cassel. If he can average 250 yards per game against those teams and not throw interceptions, then no reason we can't win those games.

Unfortunately, that's a huge "if".

Pasta Little Brioni
10-12-2011, 12:14 PM

So, now we've gone from....This team will be lucky to win a game without Charles, Berry, and Moe to hey they suck ass for going 7-9. Herp Haley will be gone in 2 weeks Derp.

Pretty damn hypocritical.

jd1020
10-12-2011, 12:16 PM
So, now we've gone from....This team will be lucky to win a game without Charles, Berry, and Moe to hey they suck ass for going 7-9.

I still stand by my 3-13. Although, I didn't expect the Chiefs to stop AP and beat the Vikings so it's looking more like 4-12.

Coogs
10-12-2011, 12:16 PM
It all depends on Cassel. If he can average 250 yards per game against those teams and not throw interceptions, then no reason we can't win those games.

Unfortunately, that's a huge "if".

Agree with the whole thing. I felt going into this season that Haley could get this team back into playoff contetion. Losing those 1st two in the fashion we lost them in dealt those thoughts a huge blow. But I also believe he has the team back on track. The Bye week came at a pretty good time for us. Two weeks to prepare for Oakland... then a Monday nighter after that with San Diego. Two games that either put us right back into the thick of things... or take us right out of things. With all the flack Haley took over not having the team prepared to start the season, I just don't think we will go into Oakland and stink up the joint. JMO

Hammock Parties
10-12-2011, 12:24 PM
So, now we've gone from....This team will be lucky to win a game without Charles, Berry, and Moe to hey they suck ass for going 7-9. Herp Haley will be gone in 2 weeks Derp.

I doubt very seriously that we beat both Oakland and San Diego.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-12-2011, 12:30 PM
I doubt very seriously that we beat both Oakland and San Diego.

Yeah, I do think they have a shot at a split and a good chance at 5-4 though. New England and GreenBay should rape, but the Jets, Steelers, and Bears haven't impressed thus far. That said, it's hard for me to look at any game and call it a W.

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 12:36 PM
I think the Chiefs are going to come out looking stale after the bye. I have no evidence to back me up or anything, just a hunch.

mdchiefsfan
10-12-2011, 12:43 PM
I think the Chiefs are going to come out looking stale after the bye. I have no evidence to back me up or anything, just a hunch.

But.... They have beanbag toss!

BigMeatballDave
10-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Hopefully they will not be an embarrassment at Oakland.

No real reason to believe that. They usually play well in Oakland. Should have won there last season. They won there 2 yrs ago.

talastan
10-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Either win the division, with Cassel proving he can play the way he did last week against the top of the NFL, or suck enough to at least put us in a position to grab a good 1st rd QB draft pick. I'm sick of the mediocrity and mediocre QB play. I want a freaking Franchise QB!!! A 5-8 win season will ensure that a mediocre Cassel stays here for the rest of his contract IMO.

O.city
10-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Right now there are 3 or 4 dominant teams in the NFL. The pats, Packers, maybe the Lions. Other than that everyone is beatable. Bad part is we still have to play two of those three. The difference in mediocre and good teams is what, 2 or 3 plays a game? I think we have shown over the past two weeks that we aren't bottom of the barrel but we are extremely mediocre. We could go be 6-3 but we could also be 2-7. I would like for us to win at Oakland and set up a big game on Monday night. That would be pretty cool to watch as it would likely fill up Arrowhead on national tv. If all the true fans start drinking the juice.

You gotta think Clark is pulling for a win in Oakland, he doen'st wanna see Arrowhead empty on National T.V.

HemiEd
10-12-2011, 01:28 PM
No real reason to believe that. They usually play well in Oakland. Should have won there last season. They won there 2 yrs ago.

I hope you are right. It was more fun when the Chiefs were running that string of domination, unlike the current trend.

Oakland is no longer the chump that many have gotten used to.

O.city
10-12-2011, 01:33 PM
I hope you are right. It was more fun when the Chiefs were running that string of domination, unlike the current trend.

It will be a good game I think. Usually division games are. Just dunno if we have the cajones to go into Oakland and win.

BigMeatballDave
10-12-2011, 01:38 PM

Oakland has a good team. No doubt. But Campbell is their QB and the Raiders still commit dumb penalties.

Lzen
10-12-2011, 01:41 PM
I got confused.

Thta's not the TD I'm talking about, and if you watched the replay in the game, the TD that I'm talking about, Rucker doesn't actually fall, he slips, which gets Breaston wide open for a bad throw from Cassel.

I'm really not sure how you can assume he slipped. I don't see that in this vid.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d822f5dfe/Breaston-grabs-a-TD

O.city
10-12-2011, 01:46 PM
If the Chiefs offensive line can hold up against the Raiders, we should have receivers open. They play man on the outside so much , we sould have Bowe,Breaston, whoever running crossing routes, back shoulder throws, you name it.

Question is can our qb get them the ball.

Dave Lane
10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Dude...

O.city
10-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Either win the division, with Cassel proving he can play the way he did last week against the top of the NFL, or suck enough to at least put us in a position to grab a good 1st rd QB draft pick. I'm sick of the mediocrity and mediocre QB play. I want a freaking Franchise QB!!! A 5-8 win season will ensure that a mediocre Cassel stays here for the rest of his contract IMO.

This. Either shit or get off the pot. This year should be either, make the playoffs or get another qb.

L.A. Chieffan
10-12-2011, 01:59 PM
its over man, we're not good enough to win the division with all the injuries and we're not as bad as the colts, dolphins, etc.....

get over it, not gonna happen.

whoman69
10-12-2011, 03:46 PM

Yes, because Pittsburg, Chicago and New York have been so dominating. You are still a traitor. Go switch to being a Raiders fan since you're rooting for them to win anyway.

milkman
10-12-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm really not sure how you can assume he slipped. I don't see that in this vid.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d822f5dfe/Breaston-grabs-a-TD

I have watched the replays on the web, and can't find the slip, but I was sure I saw it when the play was replayed during the game.

But regardless, the fact is Rucker was beaten badly, and the pass was poorly thrown and underthrown.

Right now there are 3 or 4 dominant teams in the NFL. The pats, Packers, maybe the Lions. Other than that everyone is beatable. Bad part is we still have to play two of those three. The difference in mediocre and good teams is what, 2 or 3 plays a game? I think we have shown over the past two weeks that we aren't bottom of the barrel but we are extremely mediocre. We could go be 6-3 but we could also be 2-7. I would like for us to win at Oakland and set up a big game on Monday night. That would be pretty cool to watch as it would likely fill up Arrowhead on national tv. If all the true fans start drinking the juice.

You gotta think Clark is pulling for a win in Oakland, he doen'st wanna see Arrowhead empty on National T.V.

Right now, the only team that might be viewed as dominant are the Packers.

Their defense started out slowly, giving up back to back 400 yard passing games, but they are coming back around, while their offense, with Rodgers is just lights out.

The Pats move the ball up and down the field and score a lot of points, but they also can not stop anybody on defense.

The Lions look to be the next great team on the horizon, but they need to start showing they can play early in games.

The Packer-Lion Thanksgiving Day game is looking like it could be an epic battle, and the Lions- Packers over the next few years with Stafford vs. Rodgers might turn into must watch TV.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I do think they have a shot at a split and a good chance at 5-4 though. New England and GreenBay should rape, but the Jets, Steelers, and Bears haven't impressed thus far. That said, it's hard for me to look at any game and call it a W.

It's pretty much what the "experts" were saying about us before the season...better team worse record. I wouldn't say that because of injuries and a crap QB but it looks like that. Kinda. Just imagine if we had a QB.

O.city
10-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I have watched the replays on the web, and can't find the slip, but I was sure I saw it when the play was replayed during the game.

But regardless, the fact is Rucker was beaten badly, and the pass was poorly thrown and underthrown.

Right now, the only team that might be viewed as dominant are the Packers.

Their defense started out slowly, giving up back to back 400 yard passing games, but they are coming back around, while their offense, with Rodgers is just lights out.

The Pats move the ball up and down the field and score a lot of points, but they also can not stop anybody on defense.

The Lions look to be the next great team on the horizon, but they need to start showing they can play early in games.

The Packer-Lion Thanksgiving Day game is looking like it could be an epic battle, and the Lions- Packers over the next few years with Stafford vs. Rodgers might turn into must watch TV.

Good post Milk. I was just pointing out that if we play really well we could beat a couple of those teams during that 5 game stretch. Pitt at home and at NY are two I think we COULD win. NOt that we will but could.

O.city
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
It's pretty much what the "experts" were saying about us before the season...better team worse record. I wouldn't say that because of injuries and a crap QB but it looks like that. Kinda. Just imagine if we had a QB.

Don't worry. Help is on the way.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-12-2011, 04:16 PM
This. Either shit or get off the pot. This year should be either, make the playoffs or get another qb.

Cassel is probably coming back no matter what. The injuries pretty much sealed that. That's Pioli's excuse right there.

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Cassel is probably coming back no matter what. The injuries pretty much sealed that. That's Pioli's excuse right there.

I can already see the argument.

"Cassel is a great leader! Look at the fire and passion he shows! He's tough, mentally and physically. He fires up his teammates, he's a hard worker and a locker room leader.....blah blah blah"

O.city
10-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Pioli has to see Cassel for what he is by now doesn't he? WHile I am a Chiefs fan thru and thru, I hope Cassel looks like dodo over that 5 week stretch against good teams.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I can already see the argument.

"Cassel is a great leader! Look at the fire and passion he shows! He's tough, mentally and physically. He fires up his teammates, he's a hard worker and a locker room leader.....blah blah blah"

I hope they aren't that stupid.

O.city
10-12-2011, 04:23 PM
I hope they aren't that stupid.

Me too. If i'm todd and Scott says I'm gonna bring back Matt for next year, I resign on the spot.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Me too. If i'm todd and Scott says I'm gonna bring back Matt for next year, I resign on the spot.

Speaking of Haley, his future here is still up in the air. He has a year left on his contract and I'm guessing Pioli is waiting until after the year to decide if he feels he is the right head coach moving forward. I kind of think Pioli will take a look at who else is out there before deciding what to do. I want him back with a real QB.

O.city
10-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Personally I like Haley and think he should be brought back. He needs to make a decision about the OC tho.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Personally I like Haley and think he should be brought back. He needs to make a decision about the OC tho.

Yep I agree. There needs to be stability all through the coaching staff.

O.city
10-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Yep I agree. There needs to be stability all through the coaching staff.

He needs to either do it himself, like McCarthy in GB, or let someone else do it. I wouldn't mind giving Zorn a shot.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-12-2011, 04:48 PM
He needs to either do it himself, like McCarthy in GB, or let someone else do it. I wouldn't mind giving Zorn a shot.

IMO, he's too much of a control freak to have someone else do it for any consistent amount of time and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. He needs to accept himself and be himself or the merry-go-round of OCs is gonna continue. I'd call the plays myself and be just fine with it if I were him.

O.city
10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
IMO, he's too much of a control freak to have someone else do it for any consistent amount of time and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. He needs to accept himself and be himself or the merry-go-round of OCs is gonna continue. I'd call the plays myself and be just fine with it if I were him.

That's fine. That's what I would do also. He has shown that he was a good OC in Arizona, why not do what you are good at?

FringeNC
10-12-2011, 05:03 PM

Nope. Cassel will only come back if he plays well the rest of the season (unlikely). If he shits his pants, who the hell will buy season tickets next year if he is still the QB?

O.city
10-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Nope. Cassel will only come back if he plays well the rest of the season (unlikely). If he shits his pants, who the hell will buy season tickets next year if he is still the QB?

That's waht i'm hoping.

ModSocks
10-12-2011, 05:09 PM

And if he has a season like he had last season?

O.city
10-12-2011, 05:09 PM
And if he has a season like he had last season?

Scares me to death.

whoman69
10-12-2011, 05:26 PM
That's waht i'm hoping.

Maybe that's the wrong way to say it. I don't hope that Check Down will lay a brick during that tough stretch. I expect that he will. Despite how he played in the last two games, there should be no way he has played into another year under center. When you get to the point where its clear that the guy that you have in there won't get it done, especially at QB, its time to look in another direction. Check Down might get you to the playoffs if everything falls right. I can't see one objective person that could believe he can deliver more than that. So far his record is 2-8 against teams with a winning record here, not counting playoffs. Both of those wins were against 9 win teams that did not qualify for the playoffs. It looks like that record is 0-3 for this year. To win in this league you have to at least have a fair record against the better teams and feast on the weaker teams. Do you have the right QB that if when he does get you into the playoffs has a 20% shot of winning a game?

O.city
10-12-2011, 05:29 PM
I think we have seen Cassels ceiling. When a qbs ceiling isn't winning a SuperBowl why keep him around. That's the ultimate goal isn't it?

whoman69
10-12-2011, 07:37 PM
I think we have seen Cassels ceiling. When a qbs ceiling isn't winning a SuperBowl why keep him around. That's the ultimate goal isn't it?

I don't think the question to ask is have they won a Super Bowl. The question is can they. For Check Down I'm pretty confident to say that answer is no. You also have to ask why they didn't win a Super Bowl.

Coogs
10-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Limb is still a little small, but at least it hasn't broken yet! Cassel wasn't great, but he wasn't bad either. The 2 INT's really were not killers like the ones earlier in the season. And he looked a little better against some pressure than in some of the past games. Still a work in progress... with a lot of work left to be done. But I am still up in the tree and not down on the ground with a broken arm. :thumb:

CaliforniaChief
10-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Good call so far. The San Diego game will be interesting. I'll be disappointed if we don't show up to play a good game.

If the offensive line does what they did yesterday, we should be ok.