PDA

View Full Version : Football Do you have NFL Sunday Ticket?

DaFace
10-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Since we have no Chiefs football to discuss today, enjoy a nice helping of poll.

Note: If you're not a Chiefs fan, just substitute your own team's name in when responding.

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Does local=KC?

lcarus
10-16-2011, 02:38 PM
I have Sunday Ticket and love it. I live in Tulsa, so they only show Chiefs locally until they start losing or if it interferes with a Cowboys, Vikings, or Rams game.

DaFace
10-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Does local=KC?

Local = in an area that carries the Chiefs every time they're playing (except weird stuff like the hurricane game a few years back). I'm not sure what all that includes, but I'd assume that KC, Topeka, Springfield, and Wichita would all qualify at least.

Bugeater
10-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Where's the "fuck Directv" option?

10-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Personally, I would rather have a pay per view option for the few weeks there is actually another game on I want to see.

I have no interest in forking over $360 for the entire thing.

Quesadilla Joe
10-16-2011, 02:44 PM
reading fail. I'm #3

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Where's the "fuck Directv" option?

Its not an option when you live out of market.

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Local = in an area that carries the Chiefs every time they're playing (except weird stuff like the hurricane game a few years back). I'm not sure what all that includes, but I'd assume that KC, Topeka, Springfield, and Wichita would all qualify at least.Thanks. Thought so, but I wasnt sure because I know you're in the Denver area.

crazycoffey
10-16-2011, 02:50 PM
I have Sunday Ticket and love it. I live in Tulsa, so they only show Chiefs locally until they start losing or if it interferes with a Cowboys, Vikings, or Rams game.

Agree. I've had DTV almost every year since 99. In dallas and now on St Louie. Expensive but cheaper than a sunday bar tab if you add it all up. 20 bucks a week for 16 weeks equals $320

Jack
10-16-2011, 02:59 PM
I purchased this for my PS3.

First week, AFU and couldn't see any games, got a 24.90 refund.

OK for a couple of weeks but slow in getting the steaming vids.

Last week, had to get the Chief's game in the 'Net, They said I didn't have "auto renew" which was BS as that was not an option. Called PSN and was told that I could renew for 113 and some change and would get ~85 buck credit back. That happened, it seems I now must pay 113.25 for the each month for a total of 339.75.

Today the DTV games were there for the early games. For the late games is a error window saying that the vids are not available.

Doesn't appear to be a PSN problem but DTV's bonehead network folks.

Screw polls, heads must roll.

WV
10-16-2011, 02:59 PM
I have the Sunday ticket and love it, even for the $$.

Discuss Thrower
10-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Have Sunday Ticket for free until next month, and maybe December.

cdcox
10-16-2011, 03:09 PM
I purchased this for my PS3.

First week, AFU and couldn't see any games, got a 24.90 refund.

OK for a couple of weeks but slow in getting the steaming vids.

Last week, had to get the Chief's game in the 'Net, They said I didn't have "auto renew" which was BS as that was not an option. Called PSN and was told that I could renew for 113 and some change and would get ~85 buck credit back. That happened, it seems I now must pay 113.25 for the each month for a total of 339.75.

Today the DTV games were there for the early games. For the late games is a error window saying that the vids are not available.

Doesn't appear to be a PSN problem but DTV's bonehead network folks.

Screw polls, heads must roll.

Dang. Next year, I'm wanting to switch from DTV to cable and get my Sunday Ticket through PS3. DTV reception is marginal at my house due to trees. Right now we have little breeze and it is messing with my reception. My dish is on top of a 8 ft pole, lashed onto the side of my chimney. I tried to upgrade to a HD dish a year or two ago and the techs wouldn't install the larger dish with that arrangement. So I'm stuck with non-HD TV as long as I'm married to DTV to get Sunday Ticket.

I really want another delivery mode for Sunday Ticket.

DaFace
10-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Dang. Next year, I'm wanting to switch from DTV to cable and get my Sunday Ticket through PS3. DTV reception is marginal at my house due to trees. Right now we have little breeze and it is messing with my reception. My dish is on top of a 8 ft pole, lashed onto the side of my chimney. I tried to upgrade to a HD dish a year or two ago and the techs wouldn't install the larger dish with that arrangement. So I'm stuck with non-HD TV as long as I'm married to DTV to get Sunday Ticket.

My brother has been...uh..."partnering" with me to view NFLST on his PS3 this year. It's worked MOST of the time just fine, and the picture quality has been great. However, they've had a LOT of issues just getting it to work in general. Not sure what their major malfunction is.

Spott
10-16-2011, 03:15 PM
This is my second year with it. I couldn't get a discount on it last year, but this year I threatened to cancel and got $120.00 off and I got the entire season of the Sunday ticket to go for free to watch from a PC, laptop, phone, etc. The Red Zone might be the best sports channel ever. I don't foresee myself going to any games for a while when I can watch them all on a big screen TV for a fraction of the price it cost to go to a game.

jd1020
10-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Had it last year for free when I switched from Dish to Directv because we were having trouble with receiving Dish's HD channels. I saw no point in paying for it this year with all the free streaming you can find on the internet. Sure, the quality is not as good, but I haven't missed a snap of Chiefs football this year and I live out of market.

dirk digler
10-16-2011, 03:29 PM
I had it for 5 years up to this year. Just couldn't justify the cost any longer so now I view streamed games on my laptop

cabletech94
10-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Where's the "**** Directv" option?

This.ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
10-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Sunday Ticket and DTV are awesome. Haven't even lost signal once in over a year.

GloryDayz
10-16-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm tax close....

Al Bundy
10-16-2011, 07:25 PM
I have it here.. but I have it to watch the Bucs.

prhom
10-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Had to cancel this year, but a friend is letting me use their ST to go account to watch. It's great, I watched on my phone today and had zero problems. They should offer that separately for about $100. I'd definitely pay that to watch in the internet.

DTLB58
10-16-2011, 09:00 PM
I've had a C-band dish since 1993 and been with DIRECTV since 2001.

All I did was complain when the Chiefs weren't ever on and said why don't they just let us pay to watch our own teams?

I've gone from listening to Chief games on the radio in my dad's car (1970's) to be guaranteed I can watch them Live on TV every week. Pretty Exciting.

So Yes, I have ST and probably always will.

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2011, 09:03 PM
For me it would be a huge waste of money. I have Chiefs season tickets so basically I miss half of the season watching football anyways. You watch the Chiefs game and then drive home and get the SNF.

DTLB58
10-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Personally, I would rather have a pay per view option for the few weeks there is actually another game on I want to see.

I have no interest in forking over $360 for the entire thing.

I wish there was an option per team, not that I'm interested in that but I think there is a market for it.

Nobody should have to pay full price which was $323 this year anyone can call and get them to lower it.

Monty
10-17-2011, 02:32 AM

Being stuck in Taiwan off and on the last 3 months, I had to get a little creative with regard to watching my Chiefs games. I thought initially that I could just use my Sunday Ticket To Go option with DTV and be set, but NO.....they don't support the feed outside the US. Same for Vudu, Netflix, HULU, CBS, etc. I bitched and got a partial refund because I'm outside the country yada yada and took that refund and got the Game Pass from NFL.com. Surprisingly good video quality and that includes NFLnetwork programming as well as the Red Zone. I get any game I want live and can't complain. The only drawback was that it was on my PC, so I took the VGA cable from the receiver connected to the TV in my room(52" HD Model) and connected it to my laptop and it's damn near as good as being at home. :toast:

Well, there's another drawback that I haven't been able to solve: The games come on at 1AM on Monday mornings here, so I'm dragging ass at work on Mondays...hehehe.

kcxiv
10-17-2011, 02:40 AM
I have had sunday ticket since 1998. Its the best thing ever.

griZZly64
10-17-2011, 05:17 AM
My brother has been...uh..."partnering" with me to view NFLST on his PS3 this year. It's worked MOST of the time just fine, and the picture quality has been great. However, they've had a LOT of issues just getting it to work in general. Not sure what their major malfunction is.

I've been trying to find some1 to "partner" with.. would save 310 bucks

Hoover
10-17-2011, 06:37 AM
Living in Des Moines I don't feel the need to purchase the ticket since I get a lot of Chiefs games since they are the only AFC team in the area. If the Chiefs are good, I will get almost all of their games. If they suck, I work in the garage and listen to the radio.

The Internet is also a wonderful thing.

hometeam
10-17-2011, 06:45 AM
sunday ticket has been free for me for 3 years running. No reason not to have it, all you have to do is call DTV and bitch that they are giving it away free to new customers, and how you as a loyal customer deserve RETRIBUTION~

rageeumr
10-17-2011, 08:12 AM
NFL RedZone FTMFW. Costs me $5 a month for the "premium HD tier" that also includes Paladia, which I really like.

Omaha
10-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Local = in an area that carries the Chiefs every time they're playing (except weird stuff like the hurricane game a few years back). I'm not sure what all that includes, but I'd assume that KC, Topeka, Springfield, and Wichita would all qualify at least.

Omaha qualifies, too. Except 2 yrs ago when they were too bad for TV.

CanadianChief
10-17-2011, 09:34 AM
I have Sunday Ticket so I can watch my beloved Chiefs and fantasy football teams cause me to cry every Sunday

Mama Hip Rockets
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Getting DIRECTV with Sunday Ticket installed today. I am pumped.

Otter
10-17-2011, 11:35 AM
If it's a game that I care whether I watch or not I head 3 minutes down to the sports bar. Dealing with those online streams do nothing but piss me off. I'd rather listen to the radio feed.

sedated
10-17-2011, 11:35 AM
giving me one year of ST was a brilliant move. Unlike other free previews (HBO, etc), I really don't think I can go back to watching only what CBS and Fox will allow me to watch.

Johnny Vegas
10-17-2011, 11:36 AM
yep got it. I stream games sometimes, but people frown when I hit the bong during broadcasting.

DaFace
10-17-2011, 11:51 AM
If it's a game that I care whether I watch or not I head 3 minutes down to the sports bar. Dealing with those online streams do nothing but piss me off. I'd rather listen to the radio feed.

Damn, I'm not sure how I forgot the sports bar option. :sulk:

Bambi
10-17-2011, 11:52 AM
I live out of market and go to the bar pretty much every Sunday. We watch Chiefs there and all the other generally more important games.

So although I don't think DaFace sucks I had to vote for the last option. :)

Rain Man
10-17-2011, 12:26 PM
I live out of market and go to the bar pretty much every Sunday. We watch Chiefs there and all the other generally more important games.

So although I don't think DaFace sucks I had to vote for the last option. :)

Yep. Same here. I'm hoping he doesn't assume that I'm giving him work feedback with that 'sucks' thing.

SLAG
10-17-2011, 12:33 PM
I live outside of the Local Market and a friend at work signed the 2 year DTV contract to get Sunday Ticket for free, and he gave me the login to watch it on the PS3 / phone.

So I guess I do have Sunday ticket?

Since no Chiefs were on yesterday I just had Red Zone on all day and it was pretty sweet

Ming the Merciless
10-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Does local=KC?

no it equals the NY GIANTS

flipped cracker
10-17-2011, 03:42 PM
my dad has sunday ticket, and use his for the sunday ticket to-go on my ps3.

10-17-2011, 03:54 PM
NFL RedZone FTMFW. Costs me $5 a month for the "premium HD tier" that also includes Paladia, which I really like.

I would love to have Redzone on the PS3 without Sunday Ticket.

bogey
10-17-2011, 04:51 PM
I have the ticket and love it! I went to a bar with a friend to watch the Chargers game. Not only could i not hear the game, but I spent $50. on food and booze. I'm happy sitting in my living room watching us lose in HD.

rambleonthruthefog
10-17-2011, 05:04 PM
love the sunday ticket, and redzone. hate that directv is the only big cable company to get it. hate directv

whoman69
10-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Where's the "**** Directv" option?

Exactly. They will nickle and dime you to death after they've already taken the big bills out of your pockets. Had the NFL ticket free one year and its sweet. Still can't pay out all that extra coin for the privledge.

SuperChief
10-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Question - can you use ST on a television and computer/mobile device simultaneously?

DaFace
10-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Question - can you use ST on a television and computer/mobile device simultaneously?

Yes. You can't do two mobile devices simultaneously, but watching on TV doesn't impact your ability to watch on a mobile device.

DaFace
10-17-2011, 07:20 PM
The results of this thing are actually really interesting to me. I would have guessed that NFLST was popular, but not THAT popular. Roughly two thirds of CPers who live out of the local market have it, and roughly one third of those who are IN the market have it as well.

Guess it's no surprise that DirecTV is so stingy with it.