PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals "Official" Cards vs Texas WS Thread. Also the GoChiefs vs. Hamas Death Cage Smackdown

BigRedChief
10-16-2011, 10:06 PM
All posts by Cardinal fans should remain in the Cardinals thread, per superstition.

I agree lets keep it in the orginal thread. Karma is flowing in our direction. No need to fuck with the force.

jd1020
10-16-2011, 10:09 PM
R

OnTheWarpath15
10-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Edit that title. Clay's going to get enough attention as it is.

Reaper16
10-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Congrats on the stellar achievement, Cards. To do this without Wainwright is even more impressive. One of the better postseason stories in a long time.

That said, I hope the Rangers destroy you and salt the Earth.

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Go Rangers!

KurtCobain
10-17-2011, 12:59 AM
I don't like these stupid teams.

Lets go texas i guess.

NJChiefsFan
10-17-2011, 02:11 AM
I really don't have a problem with Texas at all. I like how they are built and like the style of play and personality of the players. I like what Ryan is doing.

That being said they are an AL team and I don't like teams in my conference/league having braging rights. The 2010 ALCS doesn't make me want to root for them either.

Really though its my soft spot for the Cards. Add the 2011 story to that only makes it better. It seems the Cards have always had a SP on their roster going back to Kyle that I loved to watch pitch. Samething now with Wainright and Carp. The young kids Jay/Freese have grown on me as well. Also TLR is managing like a HOF'er right now.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2011, 07:42 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2mes65d.jpg

dallaschiefsfan
10-17-2011, 07:49 AM
We're all Rangers fans now...except for those that count themselves amongst the most annoying and pretentious fan-base of all time.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Hard to believe we got back here without Cliff Lee.

Fuck you, Cliff. Imagine our pitching staff with Lee, Wilson and Ogando. Filthy nasty.

Frazod
10-17-2011, 08:27 AM
We're all Rangers fans now...except for those that count themselves amongst the most annoying and pretentious fan-base of all time.

Better to be annoying and pretentious than a butthurt fucking crybaby. :deevee:

TEX
10-17-2011, 10:31 AM

Yep. Even one STROS fan is pulling for the Rangers! :thumb:

Dartgod
10-17-2011, 10:38 AM
This is very strange. I normally abhor the Cardinals and wish death by AIDS fire upon them.

But this year, especially after upsetting Philly, I've been rooting for them to make it to the WS. Underdog syndrome, I suppose.

Now, excuse me while I go:Lin:

The Franchise
10-17-2011, 10:42 AM
I will never root for a team from Texas.

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2011, 10:46 AM
I caught a lot of shit from Ranger fans this year when the Royals were in town. My only comeback was the Rangers lack of a WS title. If they win it all I've got nothing. At the risk of pissing off my fellow Royals fans go Cards! Wow I just threw up in my mouth after typing that.

Frazod
10-17-2011, 10:56 AM

THANK YOU

Seriously, fuck all things Texas.

And anybody from Missouri who would root for a Texas team over a Missouri team should be kicked the fuck out of the state and never allowed back in.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2011, 10:58 AM
You guys need to get over this Texas thing.

The Rangers were the Chiefs of MLB until last year.

Frazod
10-17-2011, 10:59 AM

The Rangers were the Chiefs of MLB until last year.

No, unfortunately the Cubs are the Chiefs of MLB. :banghead:

Hammock Parties
10-17-2011, 11:01 AM
No, unfortunately the Cubs are the Chiefs of MLB. :banghead:

The Cubs had won a few playoff series in their history.

The Rangers literally had the first playoff series victory last year.

In fact, before last season, they had won ONE postseason GAME their entire existence.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2011, 11:02 AM

No kidding. There isn't a whole lot of difference between Missouri/Kansas and Texas.

Hootie
10-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Hard to believe we got back here without Cliff Lee.

**** you, Cliff. Imagine our pitching staff with Lee, Wilson and Ogando. Filthy nasty.

and perhaps no Beltre or Napoli...

I'd take Beltre/Napoli over Cliff Lee...

I never understood why the Angels refused to play Napoli regularly...he wasn't as good as Jeff Mathis? Right, ok. Dude always, always, always hit when he was in the lineup...

Hammock Parties
10-17-2011, 11:04 AM
People hate Texas because of the Cowboys.

The Rangers, Astros, Mavericks, Rockets and Stars are all respectable franchises, although Astros fans can be sort of douchey.

Frazod
10-17-2011, 11:05 AM
The Cubs had won a few playoff series in their history.

The Rangers literally had the first playoff series victory last year.

In fact, before last season, they had won ONE postseason GAME their entire existence.

The Cubs have won ONE playoff series in the past century. They last appeared in a World Series in 1945 before divisional play. The only divisional series they won was against the Braves in 2003. That's it.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2011, 11:07 AM
The Cubs have won ONE playoff series in the past century. They last appeared in a World Series in 1945 before divisional play. The only divisional series they won was against the Braves in 2003. That's it.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/

They've been in the NLCS three times since 1984.

They've been in multiple World Series.

Hootie
10-17-2011, 11:09 AM

Cardinals fans are some of the worst fans I've ever met...

so angry at everything

all of my friends are so bitter towards anyone who doesn't cheer for the Cardinals...it's too funny

I like BRC's attitude towards the Cards...playing with house money...a WS berth alone this year is amazing...and you're still playing with house money. Freaking enjoy it for crying out loud.

it still cracks me up that one guy was bummed out after losing a MUST WIN game 4 (hahaha) and that every time the Cardinals lose a game everyone is ready to can LaRussa...

you know, the same guy that gets a middle market team to the WS 3 times in 7 years...

yeah, just get rid of that idiot!

ROFL

Hootie
10-17-2011, 11:10 AM

well, before the Wild Card...there was only a championship series before the world series...

Hammock Parties
10-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Ah nevermind. I didn't realize baseball playoffs used to be different.

Anyway, I still say the Rangers were worse off.

Hootie
10-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Ah nevermind. I didn't realize baseball playoffs used to be different.

Anyway, I still say the Rangers were worse off.

well in your defense, they weren't really worth watching until 1996 and by that time the Wild Card format was well in place

Frazod
10-17-2011, 11:19 AM

They lost all those series. Again, the ONLY series they've won, in the past century, was the NLDS against the Braves in 2003. After that, they lost to the Marlins in 7 (Bartman game was 6).

TEX
10-17-2011, 11:21 AM

Good to hear, because a team from Texas will never root for you either...:p

Frazod
10-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Cardinals fans are some of the worst fans I've ever met...

so angry at everything

all of my friends are so bitter towards anyone who doesn't cheer for the Cardinals...it's too funny

I like BRC's attitude towards the Cards...playing with house money...a WS berth alone this year is amazing...and you're still playing with house money. Freaking enjoy it for crying out loud.

it still cracks me up that one guy was bummed out after losing a MUST WIN game 4 (hahaha) and that every time the Cardinals lose a game everyone is ready to can LaRussa...

you know, the same guy that gets a middle market team to the WS 3 times in 7 years...

yeah, just get rid of that idiot!

ROFL

I'm not angry, fucktard. My team just won its 18th pennant. The whole getting sniped by butthurt losers thing gets a bit old, but I guess it just comes with the territory. So many people out there who apparently get beat up by some evil Cardinals fan every time they leave the house. Really, it's just tragic.

4th and Long
10-17-2011, 11:23 AM
I refuse to root for a team from Northern Mexico.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-17-2011, 11:24 AM
As a Royals fan, I really don't understand all the hatred toward the Cardinals. What have they ever done to the Royals, other than lose to them in the World Series 26 years ago?

The Cardinals are my second favorite team, and I will definitely be rooting for them in the World Series.

Frazod
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
As a Royals fan, I really don't understand all the hatred toward the Cardinals. What have they ever done to the Royals, other than lose to them in the World Series 26 years ago?

The Cardinals are my second favorite team, and I will definitely be rooting for them in the World Series.

Exactly. If anybody has a right to hate St. Louis, it's Brewers fans. St. Louis is where their dreams of baseball glory go to die. St. Louis never cost Kansas City anything.

4th and Long
10-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Exactly. If anybody has a right to hate St. Louis, it's Brewers fans. St. Louis is where their dreams of baseball glory go to die. St. Louis never cost Kansas City anything.

Agreed, and they are nice enough to come here every year and fill our staduim up (that never happens on it's own) with pretty red colors, thus, drowning out the few 1,000 fans that actually still go to Royals games.

loochy
10-17-2011, 12:02 PM
I refuse to root for a team from Northern Mexico.

How dare you. The Taos Tigers are awesome.

CaliforniaChief
10-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Aren't the Chiefs, technically, from Texas?

That said, I have no problem with the Cardinals. I think most Royals fans are just jealous of the success that a team in the same state has had and would probably be as smug if we had been to the World Series as often as they.

Looking forward to a good series.

KC native
10-17-2011, 12:13 PM
I caught a lot of shit from Ranger fans this year when the Royals were in town. My only comeback was the Rangers lack of a WS title. If they win it all I've got nothing. At the risk of pissing off my fellow Royals fans go Cards! Wow I just threw up in my mouth after typing that.

Hehe I do the same shit. Let's go cardinals.

tooge
10-17-2011, 12:16 PM
You guys are playin cards? Where? Poker?

Dartgod
10-17-2011, 01:14 PM

That said, I have no problem with the Cardinals. I think most Royals fans are just jealous of the success that a team in the same state has had and would probably be as smug if we had been to the World Series as often as they.

See. This is the kind of shit that has me hating the Cards in the first place.

CaliforniaChief
10-17-2011, 01:18 PM

You do know I'm a lifelong Royals fan, right?

Frazod
10-17-2011, 01:23 PM

He's not even a Cardinals fan. It's not like you have to be one to see it.

I think most of us here go out of our way not to be dicks. Throughout the season we confined our game discussions to a single thread. Most of us don't post in or comment on Royals threads. Yet we always have to deal with idiots ranting about how much they hate the Cardinals and their fans, and if we dare to reply to that, then WE'RE ARROGANT. Please. :rolleyes:

I wish the Royals were good. Really, I do. I wish they weren't owned by a soulless penny-pinching Walmart fuck who cares about nothing but lining his own pockets and raping your hopes and dreams every year. BUT THAT'S NOT MY FAULT, nor is it the fault of any other Cardinals fan, the Cardinals themselves or the City of St. Louis. So perhaps you could stop taking it out on us. Go key Glass's car or something. Maybe that would get his attention.

loochy
10-17-2011, 01:34 PM

I think most of us here go out of our way not to be dicks. Throughout the season we confined our game discussions to a single thread. Most of us don't post in or comment on Royals threads. Yet we always have to deal with idiots ranting about how much they hate the Cardinals and their fans, and if we dare to reply to that, then WE'RE ARROGANT. Please. :rolleyes:

I wish the Royals were good. Really, I do. I wish they weren't owned by a soulless penny-pinching Walmart fuck who cares about nothing but lining his own pockets and raping your hopes and dreams every year. BUT THAT'S NOT MY FAULT, nor is it the fault of any other Cardinals fan, the Cardinals themselves or the City of St. Louis. So perhaps you could stop taking it out on us. Go key Glass's car or something. Maybe that would get his attention.

But hey, haven't you heard the news? The Royals will be good next year! They have a ton of young talent!

Dartgod
10-17-2011, 01:48 PM

I wish the Royals were good. Really, I do. I wish they weren't owned by a soulless penny-pinching Walmart **** who cares about nothing but lining his own pockets and raping your hopes and dreams every year. BUT THAT'S NOT MY FAULT, nor is it the fault of any other Cardinals fan, the Cardinals themselves or the City of St. Louis. So perhaps you could stop taking it out on us. Go key Glass's car or something. Maybe that would get his attention.
Easy killer. I wasn't talking about anyone specific, especially you.

Nzoner
10-17-2011, 03:45 PM

I hear you loud and clear Dart,both of my Grandfathers were die hard Cards fans and thus I used to like them too,that is until I went to school at CMSU in the early 80's and 3/4 of my fraternity brothers were from St Louis.Once they saw me wearing Royals gear it was a never-ending,"how can you actually cheer for that minor league team" and endless other crap that turned me forever against the Cardinals.

Now mind you this was the early 80's,KC had had all those great play-offs against the Yanks just a few years before and represented the AL in the '80 WS but it didn't matter.Smug,cocky,arrogant bastards the lot of them and so I turned and never looked back.

Lastly and most importantly to me and the one thing no Cards fan can seem to understand is that I seriously don't give a shit how many pennants they own,the one and only WS pennant that resides in KC was against their ass and absolutely the sweetest most elated feeling I've ever had as a Royals fan.

DeezNutz
10-17-2011, 03:50 PM

I wish the Royals were good. Really, I do. I wish they weren't owned by a soulless penny-pinching Walmart **** who cares about nothing but lining his own pockets and raping your hopes and dreams every year. BUT THAT'S NOT MY FAULT, nor is it the fault of any other Cardinals fan, the Cardinals themselves or the City of St. Louis. So perhaps you could stop taking it out on us. Go key Glass's car or something. Maybe that would get his attention.

LMAO. I wonder if I can litigate?

Frazod
10-17-2011, 03:56 PM
I hear you loud and clear Dart,both of my Grandfathers were die hard Cards fans and thus I used to like them too,that is until I went to school at CMSU in the early 80's and 3/4 of my fraternity brothers were from St Louis.Once they saw me wearing Royals gear it was a never-ending,"how can you actually cheer for that minor league team" and endless other crap that turned me forever against the Cardinals.

Now mind you this was the early 80's,KC had had all those great play-offs against the Yanks just a few years before and represented the AL in the '80 WS but it didn't matter.Smug,cocky,arrogant bastards the lot of them and so I turned and never looked back.

Lastly and most importantly to me and the one thing no Cards fan can seem to understand is that I seriously don't give a shit how many pennants they own,the one and only WS pennant that resides in KC was against their ass and absolutely the sweetest most elated feeling I've ever had as a Royals fan.

So..... you're pissed at the Cardinals because of abuse you suffered from a bunch of frat boys 30 years ago, and the World Series win that happened AFTER THAT didn't get you over it?

Jesus, Joe. Let it go..... :shake:

Demonpenz
10-17-2011, 04:00 PM
So..... you're pissed at the Cardinals because of abuse you suffered from a bunch of frat boys 30 years ago, and the World Series win that happened AFTER THAT didn't get you over it?

reminds me of that scene in dune the movie.....

Nzoner
10-17-2011, 04:08 PM

It's kind of hard to Tim because I've still seen some of those boys over the years as well as met new Cardinal fans and whenever the discussion turns that way it's always,"yeah but if Dekinger hadn't focked up the call...etc. etc." :rolleyes:

Nothing about Jorta being thrown out at 3rd base,nor Clark dropping a foul ball nor a whole other game 7 that had to be played.I guess I've just yet to meet a Cards fan personally that could just let it go either and admit their team had their chances and dropped the ball...no pun intended :)

VAChief
10-17-2011, 04:28 PM

What do Cowboy fans have to do with a baseball thread?

VAChief
10-17-2011, 04:42 PM
I doubt you would find a long time Card fan who have any trouble pulling for the Royals if they ever played the Cubs in a Series. In general I am a National League guy but I would never root for the Cubs in the Series.

Rams Fan
10-17-2011, 04:47 PM
It's kind of hard to Tim because I've still seen some of those boys over the years as well as met new Cardinal fans and whenever the discussion turns that way it's always,"yeah but if Dekinger hadn't focked up the call...etc. etc." :rolleyes:

Nothing about Jorta being thrown out at 3rd base,nor Clark dropping a foul ball nor a whole other game 7 that had to be played.I guess I've just yet to meet a Cards fan personally that could just let it go either and admit their team had their chances and dropped the ball...no pun intended :)

The Cardinals still had a chance to win the series, yes. They had one more game left to play as well as the remainder of that game, but you would be fooling yourself if you didn't think that gave the Royals some momentum.

tk13
10-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Not this crap again. I don't really have any problem with the Cards fans, although I like antagonizing them. :) The thing I think is funny is when they claim it isn't a rivalry and try act all snooty like they look down on the Royals. It certainly isn't at the same level as the Cubs/Cards, no doubt... but there are plenty of people in Cardsland who still bring up the Denkinger thing every chance they get.

Reaper16
10-17-2011, 05:08 PM
THANK YOU

Seriously, fuck all things Texas.

And anybody from Missouri who would root for a Texas team over a Missouri team should be kicked the fuck out of the state and never allowed back in.
Piss off, dickfuck. Y'all ain't real Missouri anyhow. :D

Frazod
10-17-2011, 06:24 PM

Well shit, I think you should stop bringing it up. :D

Frazod
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Piss off, dickfuck. Y'all ain't real Missouri anyhow. :D

Dickfuck? LMAO

And FTR, I think you'd make a fine Cardinals fan. Just imagine all the stimulating debates you could have about LaRussa with DJ's Left Nut. :)

Titty Meat
10-17-2011, 06:40 PM
These were the same guys bitching about Tony LaRusa.

Frazod
10-17-2011, 07:41 PM

You bet. I wanted his head on a fucking spike a month ago and I won't deny it.

However, during this great run, LaRussa has been very un-LaRussa like. When Holliday wasn't hitting worth a fuck, instead of just leaving him in the 4 spot to ruin our offense he bumped him down and moved up Freese. Freese continued to hit well, and it obviously lit a fire under Holliday's ass because after that he started hitting everything. Rather than continue to leave gassed starters in until the damage was irreparable, he learned from the Garcia meltdown and avoided disaster later in the series. It used to seem that during a normal Cardinal game, I would yell and scream at the hairbrained crap he'd pull on a regular basis, whether it worked out or not. I've compared him to Wile E. Coyote in the past. I've really only questioned a couple of his moves during the playoffs, and not strenuously.

I wouldn't have thought he was capable of changing or learning at this point, but he pleasantly surprised me. So I'll happily eat my crow on this one.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-17-2011, 07:44 PM

Dude, you have no idea what it's like having LaRussa manage a team your a fan of. The bitching had it's merits.

doomy3
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Better to be annoying and pretentious than a butthurt ****ing crybaby. :deevee:

Remember that during the college basketball season.

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2011, 07:52 PM
I've kind of tempered my old hatred for the Cards. KC as a city is so much better than St. Louis in just about everything why not let them have the better baseball team?

Frazod
10-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Remember that during the college basketball season.

Find any thread where I was a sniping douche about KU basketball, shithead. I'll wait.

doomy3
10-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Find any thread where I was a sniping douche about KU basketball, shithead. I'll wait.

Not at all my point to turn this into some kind of KU thread. Was just a joke.

But since you asked, here are a couple examples:

Yes, football season is just around the corner! Rock Choke!

ROFL

Douchebag KUnts like you crowing about basketball is sort of like Christmas music - it's already annoying by the end of November, but it just goes on and on until the holiday season finally ends.

Well, Christmas came early this year. Kind of like last year.

BTW, your tears sure are tasty.

Frazod
10-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Not at all my point to turn this into some kind of KU thread. Was just a joke.

But since you asked, here are a couple examples:

Yeah, I'm sure neither of those was in response to anything hateful that somebody else said. I just popped in, took a shit and left, right? :rolleyes:

I think you're missing the point.

BigRedChief
10-17-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm not angry, fucktard. My team just won its 18th pennant. The whole getting sniped by butthurt losers thing gets a bit old, but I guess it just comes with the territory. So many people out there who apparently get beat up by some evil Cardinals fan every time they leave the house. Really, it's just tragic.I thought we wern't going to fuck with Karma and just post in the orgional thread? but anyway......ROFL

Frazod
10-17-2011, 08:43 PM
I thought we wern't going to fuck with Karma and just post in the orgional thread? but anyway......ROFL

I won't post in this turd during the games.

Nzoner
10-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Well shit, I think you should stop bringing it up. :D

What,and then I'd have nothing to hang my hat on

Pasta Little Brioni
10-18-2011, 07:57 AM
If "Rally Zarth" appears on a Texas jumbotron, we are toast :eek:

Hootie
10-18-2011, 09:04 AM
The Cardinals still had a chance to win the series, yes. They had one more game left to play as well as the remainder of that game, but you would be fooling yourself if you didn't think that gave the Royals some momentum.

you're 17...I'm 26...what do we know about that series...shaddap

(can't stand when young people talk about historic events like they know what they are talking about...drives me nuts.)

Hootie
10-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Cardinals fans are all idiots when it comes to LaRussa...

anyone who wants to can a manager who has now gotten to 3 WS in the last 7 years is a fucking lunatic

he should be the Bobby Cox of St. Louis (lifetime contract), but their fans are too fucking emotional...

Just follow the Cards thread during the WS...anytime something goes wrong or they lose it'll be LaRussa's fault...

Seriously, that thread has been sheer enjoyment for me as a baseball fan this entire postseason...O.city had a meltdown game 4 of the NLCS when the Cards were down like 3 runs in the 9th inning calling the game a must win etc. etc. etc.

even though Jaime Garcia had incredible splits at home opposed to pitching on the road this year...

but game 4, when they were up 2-1...game 4 with 3 outs left down 3 was a must win.

Those are Cardinals fans these days in a nutshell...I don't think ONE of my friends (they are all fucking Cardinals fans) likes Tony LaRussa...

I shit you not (and I'll tell the story again)...after the Cards went up 2-1 my roommate came running in and was like "bro, I just heard from my brother that Francona's dad was a Cardinal and Tito grew up a Cards fan and wants to be the next Cards manager!!!"

he was so excited

and the Cards were in the NLCS (again) up 2 games to 1 about to get to their 3rd WS in 7 years!

Just like the armchair GM's around here...apparently they are all smarter than Tony LaRussa, too!

LMAO

Mama Hip Rockets
10-18-2011, 10:53 AM

(can't stand when young people talk about historic events like they know what they are talking about...drives me nuts.)

Some people have access to something called a "DVD player." They are pretty cool. You should check one out sometime.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2011, 11:15 AM
If "Rally Zarth" appears on a Texas jumbotron, we are toast :eek:

LMAO

That would be a great moment in my sporting life.

FYI, the World Series will be gif'd up live this year (by yours truly) at SBNation.com, so I encourage you all to follow our game streams.

http://mlb.sbnation.com/

Frazod
10-18-2011, 11:19 AM

LMAO

If this board had a Hall of Classics for Irony, this post would be its first inductee.

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2011, 04:21 PM
I have to give it up for TLR.

I've hated the guy longer than anybody on this board. He was a prick back when he managed 18 hour games with the White Sox in 83. He personally took the games from 2.5 hours to 4 hours. Plus his whole lawyer schtick and wearing sunglasses at night. and the DUI was fun as was his herpes, scabies, rosacia and probably rabies too.

But the MF'er just keeps on trucking along. I always thought if i was baseball writer I'd never vote for him for the HOF because of my personal bias toward the old man. But I guess I'm just coming around to see that, one who sucks the penis though he may be, I have to tip my cap to the bastard.

I honestly hope he and the Cards do well. I'm at peace now.

Hootie
10-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Some people have access to something called a "DVD player." They are pretty cool. You should check one out sometime.

Yeah I bet he has watched that series really closely and knew a ton about that cardinals team...give me a fucking break

Hootie
10-18-2011, 04:37 PM
LMAO

If this board had a Hall of Classics for Irony, this post would be its first inductee.

Why? I never talk about past greats in any sport...ever. I've been on record saying why as well...so fuck off fatty.

DeezNutz
10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Why? I never talk about past greats in any sport...ever. I've been on record saying why as well...so **** off fatty.

Jordan?

But most 12-year-olds know their shit when talking about the NBA, so that might be different.

whoman69
10-18-2011, 04:50 PM
I was around for '85 and '68 even. Much like the Cubs in the Bartman incident, the Cardinals let the Denkinger play effect them way too much. But to pretend it didn't have an effect on what happened in the game is ludicrous. You can point out that Orta was forced at 3rd. Two things though change the game. A pitcher pitches differently with nobody on base. Additionally if Orta were not on then the force could have been made at 2nd so there is no runner in scoring position for Iorg to drive in.

The Cardinals were flat in game 7 and I'm going to blame the Cardinals for that. Denkinger cost them a chance to win in 6. The Cardinals cost themselves a chance to win in 7.

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Why? I never talk about past greats in any sport...ever. I've been on record saying why as well...so **** off fatty.

There's nothing wrong in talking about players of the past. I mean it would probably suit the person talking to have read up on the history of the players and the game and the circumstances surrounding the story.

I don't think that's too much to ask.

Hootie
10-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Jordan?

But most 12-year-olds know their shit when talking about the NBA, so that might be different.

Jordan (and the Chiefs to a smaller extent) WERE my entire childhood...I knew everything there was to know about Michael Jordan when I was 10 years old...I was obsessed.

Frazod
10-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Why? I never talk about past greats in any sport...ever. I've been on record saying why as well...so fuck off fatty.

LMAO Whatever, Pootie.

Hey, while you're busy dangling off LaRussa's nuts, tell him I said hi. Mr. Cub fan.

NJChiefsFan
10-18-2011, 06:35 PM

I take it you weren't a fan of History Class?

It is possible to learn about something through reading its history, seeing people from the event talk about it, and using your judgement.

The post I saw of Rams fan was mentioning there was still a game to play(which is a fact) and saying it did give the team momentum. Doesn't read as a leap of faith or a massive assumption. Both those comments could be found from people not at the event.

I was not at or old enough to understand the 1986 WS between Boston and the Mets(since I was 1) but I have read enough and heard enough from Mets fans to have a reasonable guage on what happened those two weeks. The momentum, emotion, affect of certain plays, and the results. I would imagine someone growing up in the KC/STL region would have similiar knowledge of that series.

I do agree that certain people talk about things as fact when they either weren't there or don't have the information. That drives me nuts. That being said there are cases and people that do find the right info to become informed, and Rams Fan comes off as one of them, not to mention what he said seemed reasonable and not overstated at all. By the way, in my short time here, I always felt RamsFan was like 35ish based on the way he wrote. Shocked he is only 17.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2011, 07:26 PM
"tony larussa is a modern day jon mcgraw"

He misses a lot of tackles?

Hammock Parties
10-19-2011, 07:30 PM
tied up bitches...Napoli is a beast

Caseyguyrr
10-19-2011, 07:56 PM
what purpose does this "fox hot spot" camera serve? other than being completely stupid

Hammock Parties
10-19-2011, 07:58 PM
what purpose does this "fox hot spot" camera serve? other than being completely stupid

I want to see someone get hit on the skin and watch the white spot as the blood flows.

Caseyguyrr
10-19-2011, 08:00 PM
I want to see someone get hit on the skin and watch the white spot as the blood flows.

now that might be the only reason it would be allowed to be shown, maybe berkman's fat ass will get lit up or molina where he has those gay ass tattoos behind his ears

Hammock Parties
10-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Pulling Carpenter seems dumb as shit.

Frazod
10-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Pulling Carpenter seems dumb as shit.

Welcome to NL baseball.

Frazod
10-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Makes sense now, doesn't it?

Hammock Parties
10-19-2011, 08:11 PM
shite

Hammock Parties
10-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Welcome to NL baseball.

#nlbaseballretard

Frazod
10-19-2011, 08:21 PM
#nlbaseballretard

That's the way it's supposed to be played.

Caseyguyrr
10-19-2011, 08:26 PM
That's the way it's supposed to be played.

no, no, no.

mlyonsd
10-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Awesome rendition of God Bless America by the air guard guy.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Tim McCarver can't count (http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/10/19/2501959/world-series-game-1-tim-mccarver-doesnt-know-how-many-letters-are-in/in/2265013)

teedubya
10-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Bah!

Caseyguyrr
10-19-2011, 09:14 PM
f***

Al Bundy
10-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Well damn. St. Loser got game one.

Spott
10-19-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm neutral with St Louis, but I could never root for a team who's fanbase is also a bunch of stinking Cowgirl fans.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Umps fucked the Rangers on that Beltre call.

Frazod
10-19-2011, 09:18 PM

Yeah, they did. Obviously the umpire couldn't see where the ball hit. Shitty deal for you guys, but it happens.

Three7s
10-19-2011, 09:20 PM
I can't believe the umps couldn't at least meet up and see if someone got a decent angle. Ridiculous.

Reaper16
10-19-2011, 10:02 PM
The call on Beltre should officially make up for Dekinger.

Marcellus
10-19-2011, 10:05 PM

Saved him the insult of striking out. Your magic bullet Cruz didn't get a bad call he just hit a weak fly out.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2011, 10:11 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/756189/red_hair_fan.gif

luv
10-19-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm neutral with St Louis, but I could never root for a team who's fanbase is also a bunch of stinking Cowgirl fans.

Welcome to the darkside. :p

teedubya
10-19-2011, 10:38 PM
The call on Beltre should officially make up for Dekinger.

lol

NJChiefsFan
10-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Umps ****ed the Rangers on that Beltre call.

Obviously unfair to say since anything can happen but I don't think it would have mattered.

Also, even as a Yankee fan, the NL way is the better way.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2011, 06:09 PM
offense looks awesome tonight

chefsos
10-20-2011, 06:15 PM
offense looks awesome tonightPrediction: If Hamilton doesn't hit, you lose the Series.

chefsos
10-20-2011, 06:16 PM
And by "hit", I mean hit with power.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Prediction: If Hamilton doesn't hit, you lose the Series.

He's not hitting and neither is Young..

FML

Hammock Parties
10-20-2011, 07:23 PM
This is some boring fucking baseball.

Reminds me why I only watch a handful of regular season games every year.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2011, 07:31 PM
No runs for j00!

Hammock Parties
10-20-2011, 08:09 PM
ogando's a retard

Marcellus
10-20-2011, 08:17 PM
ogando's a retard

His stuff just isn't better than Craig's.

Should be interesting once Craig is DH in Texas.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2011, 08:48 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET A HIT

Hammock Parties
10-20-2011, 08:53 PM
That'll do pig. That'll do.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
All these exciting sacrifice flies!

Frazod
10-20-2011, 09:13 PM
All these exciting sacrifice flies!

Congratulations.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Congratulations.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/757314/fat.gif

Hootie
10-20-2011, 09:22 PM
before I even clicked this thread I saw Gif Horse had a response and I clicked it KNOWING the response was going to be a .gif

so predictable

Frazod
10-20-2011, 09:22 PM

Silly me, expecting you not to act like an ass. LMAO

Hootie
10-20-2011, 09:23 PM

whoa is me

Hammock Parties
10-20-2011, 09:24 PM

That bitch is going to go drown her sorrows in McDonalds. LMAO

BigRedChief
10-20-2011, 09:26 PM
We hit 3 balls tonight that are probably home runs in Texas. We get to have Craig in the lineup for the whole game.

We will get back to Bush. :thumb:

Demonpenz
10-20-2011, 09:28 PM
That bitch is going to go drown her sorrows in McDonalds. LMAO

dirt cheap liquor

Rams Fan
10-20-2011, 09:28 PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/756189/red_hair_fan.gif

TEX
10-20-2011, 10:46 PM
We hit 3 balls tonight that are probably home runs in Texas. We get to have Craig in the lineup for the whole game.

We will get back to Bush. :thumb:

Yep. I can't see the Rangers winning 4 in a row. Can't see the Cardinals winng all 3 in Texas. Gonna come back to your place for the ending.

Caseyguyrr
10-21-2011, 03:45 AM
as much as i want to see the rangers win the last 3 at home to celebrate, its not gonna happen

Hammock Parties
10-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Dirk threw out the first pitch! LMAO

SPchief
10-22-2011, 06:06 PM
I thought they turned down Dirk?

crispystl
10-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Day-um

Hammock Parties
10-22-2011, 07:41 PM
SIT DOWN FAT LADY

CoMoChief
10-22-2011, 07:44 PM
he ripped the hell outa that one....very tony pena jr like

Hammock Parties
10-22-2011, 10:11 PM
fuck me hard, albert poo holes

Marcellus
10-22-2011, 10:13 PM
**** me hard, albert poo holes

Can't wait to see the gifs.

kcpasco
10-22-2011, 10:14 PM
2-1 MANG

Hammock Parties
10-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Can't wait to see the gifs.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/759133/nolan.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/759141/boing.gif

whoman69
10-22-2011, 10:23 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/759133/nolan.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/759141/boing.gif

Bush looked like he had to take a turd.

BigRedChief
10-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Wonder what she looks like tonight?

Hammock Parties
10-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Wonder what she looks like tonight?

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm280/skelly4317/ugly-fat-girl-bikini-old-woman-pict.jpg

ArrowheadMagic
10-22-2011, 10:30 PM
How much money does it take to keep Pujols now? Can the Cards afford to let him walk?

lewdog
10-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Bush looked like he had to take a turd.

No...looks like he saw security coming and stuffed his 8-ball in his mouth. Old man still partying like it ain't no thing.

BigRedChief
10-22-2011, 10:36 PM
lameBring it!
http://reviewingthebrew.com/files/2011/10/Rally-Squirrel-192x300.jpg

BigRedChief
10-23-2011, 08:32 AM
hey GoChiefs, where's the GIF for this?
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/64/fullj.64e2e72f69458165e719124c8adf1aa9/64e2e72f69458165e719124c8adf1aa9-getty-129993209.jpg

TEX
10-23-2011, 10:02 AM
The RETURN of "MOGILLA the GORILLA"!!! :banghead:

Hopefully the Rangers can bounce back, but sometimes a story emerges in a series and takes it over. Albert is starting to be "the story"...In any case, what a great performance. He's simply a great player.

BigRedChief
10-23-2011, 11:30 AM
The RETURN of "MOGILLA the GORILLA"!!! :banghead:

Hopefully the Rangers can bounce back, but sometimes a story emerges in a series and takes it over. Albert is starting to be "the story"...In any case, what a great performance. He's simply a great player.Maybe the best RH hitter of all time and baseball GM's thought there were 300 better ball players in the draft that year. :shake:

Hammock Parties
10-23-2011, 09:21 PM
WELL ALLOW ME TO RETORT

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/760465/napoli.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/760469/bush_and_ryan.gif

Hammock Parties
10-24-2011, 09:52 PM
The St. Louis Cardinals are standing in the way of destiny.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/762420/larussa.gif

O.city
10-24-2011, 09:53 PM
I credit your Rangers gif, they have taken advantage and manned up. Respect.

BigRedChief
10-24-2011, 10:14 PM
The St. Louis Cardinals are standing in the way of destiny.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/762420/larussa.gifWe put a scare into your team no matter what happens. Made you earn it.

Hammock Parties
10-27-2011, 10:44 PM
http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss91/tesulliv/john-lackey.gif

Reaper16
10-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Nelson Cruz deserves death.

HemiEd
10-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Congrats! That is the best baseball game I have seen in at least 25 years.

One more tomorrow, hopefully Carpenter pitches like he did the last game against the Phils.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2011, 02:31 AM
I'm pretty sure this is punishment for being a lousy baseball fan.

Predarat
10-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Here is some Old Skool Busch!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/suVHmNusPfc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
10-28-2011, 09:43 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/768071/ryan.gif

Frazod
10-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Helluva series, Clayton. Much respect for your team. :toast:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-28-2011, 09:46 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/768071/ryan.gif

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XmB4gp3Wxg0/TqbCUNfEwcI/AAAAAAAAA-A/kHL68XSOWZk/s350/carp%252520napoli.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-28-2011, 09:47 PM
In reality, you guys were an amazing, terrifying opponent that was more than worthy. That team is going to win some hardware. It's too damned loaded not to.

Hootie
10-28-2011, 09:49 PM
In reality, you guys were an amazing, terrifying opponent that was more than worthy. That team is going to win some hardware. It's too damned loaded not to.

has to be pretty devastating to lose TWO straight World Series...

Yikes. It's baseball, so you can get to the playoffs every year but you can't win every series and keep getting back to the World Series...

they need a pitcher...bad. They need one stud guy and C.J. Wilson wasn't it...

and those don't grow on trees...

They tried to prove pitching doesn't necessarily win, but when it came down to it, it kind of did (again) this year...

STILL think they should have just pitched to Pujols over Lance "I'm clutch every time no matter what" Berkman.

and those outside fastballs to Freese and Craig killed them all series.

VAChief
10-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Helluva series, Clayton. Much respect for your team. :toast:

Yep, they were all class. I hope T-Puss enjoyed watching real professionals battle.

BigRedChief
10-29-2011, 01:07 AM
hey GoChiefs it wasnt your teams year. You will be back. You have some talent.

Reaper16
10-29-2011, 01:14 AM
has to be pretty devastating to lose TWO straight World Series...

Yikes. It's baseball, so you can get to the playoffs every year but you can't win every series and keep getting back to the World Series...

they need a pitcher...bad. They need one stud guy and C.J. Wilson wasn't it...

and those don't grow on trees...

They tried to prove pitching doesn't necessarily win, but when it came down to it, it kind of did (again) this year...

STILL think they should have just pitched to Pujols over Lance "I'm clutch every time no matter what" Berkman.

and those outside fastballs to Freese and Craig killed them all series.

All that killed them was Nelson Cruz being too much of a pussy to catch a ball against a padded outfield wall.

BigRedChief
10-29-2011, 01:22 AM
All that killed them was Nelson Cruz being too much of a pussy to catch a ball against a padded outfield wall.It's never about one play in a 7 game series.

Reaper16
10-29-2011, 01:24 AM
It's never about one play in a 7 game series.
It's never about one play in anything. But Goddamnit, Cruz should be expected to correctly play a routine out.

keg in kc
10-29-2011, 01:30 AM
has to be pretty devastating to lose TWO straight World Series...Say hello to the Texas Bills.