PDA

View Full Version : Football Report: Brandon Lloyd on way to St. Louis

bevischief
10-17-2011, 09:54 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/17/report-brandon-lloyd-on-way-to-st-louis/

Report: Brandon Lloyd on way to St. Louis
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 17, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT

The Broncos got their wish: Brandon Lloyd is headed out of town before the team has to practice Monday.

Jason La Canfora of NFL.com reports Lloyd will be traded to the St. Louis Rams. The Denver Post writes that Lloyd was told to stay home Monday because he was getting dealt.

We’re still waiting to hear on possible compensation. It doesn’t make a lot of sense from the Rams perspective at 0-5 unless they got Lloyd for practically nothing and/or they work out a contract extension for the receiver. Don’t be surprised if the Rams work something out long term.

Of course, G.M. Billy Devaney and coach Steve Spagnuolo may just be worried about winning some games to save their job.

We’ll be curious to see what the Broncos got for Lloyd. It may only be a conditional late-round pick.

Rams offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels coached Lloyd in Denver, and surely pushed for the move. It’s a fine bargain for St. Louis if they are able to get Lloyd locked up. And if McDaniels is actually around to coach Lloyd.

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Andrew Luck move.

The Franchise
10-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Orton should be next.

MahiMike
10-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Orton to Oakland. Has a ring...

Quesadilla Joe
Good move for the Rams. Looks like they are having a hard time adjusting to McD's offense and Lloyd can help Bradford and the receivers get on the same page. I'm not expecting Denver to get much because teams knew we weren't planning on signing him to a longterm deal. I'd be happy with a 3rd or a 4th.

Denver gets rid of someone who doesn't fit a Tebow offense, Lloyd gets to go to a team that will use his talents, and the Rams get much needed help at WR. It's a win for all involved.

Titty Meat
Dumb trade

Coogs
10-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Orton to Oakland. Has a ring...

If I were in the Oakland situation, I would give Cincinnati a call too.

Deberg_1990
10-17-2011, 10:06 AM
heh, its probably been brought up, but what do the Rams do if they end up with the #1 overall? Take Luck or trade the pick?

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-17-2011, 10:06 AM
heh, its probably been brought up, but what do the Rams do if they end up with the #1 overall? Take Luck or trade the pick?

Trade the pick.

Skyy God
10-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Good move for the Rams. Looks like they are having a hard time adjusting to McD's offense and Lloyd can help Bradford and the receivers get on the same page. I'm not expecting Denver to get much because teams knew we weren't planning on signing him to a longterm deal. I'd be happy with a 3rd or a 4th.

Denver gets rid of someone who doesn't fit a Tebow offense, Lloyd gets to go to a team that will use his talents, and the Rams get much needed help at WR. It's a win for all involved.

Prepare to be unhappy with Denver's compensation.

Quesadilla Joe
10-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Hearing that Denver traded their second round pick and Lloyd for the Rams first round pick.

ModSocks
10-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Hearing that Denver traded their second round pick and Lloyd for the Rams first round pick.

Yeah fucking right. Keep dreaming.

Bane
10-17-2011, 10:10 AM

ROFL

Reerun_KC
10-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Well now we dont have to worry about Flyod raping Flowers this year...

The Franchise
10-17-2011, 10:11 AM

Yeah...because the Rams traded their 1st round pick for a 2nd round pick and a receiver who is on the wrong side of 30.

The Franchise
10-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Well now we dont have to worry about Flyod raping Flowers this year...

You mean Lloyd?

Radar Chief
10-17-2011, 10:12 AM

I tend to doubt the Rams are going to deal a possible top 5 pick for a receiver and a second rounder.

Bane
10-17-2011, 10:14 AM
I tend to doubt the Rams are going to deal a possible top 5 pick for a receiver and a second rounder.

Mommy put an extra scoop of sugar in his oatmeal this morning.

Brock
10-17-2011, 10:20 AM

Oh man, you're funny.

Skyy God

Your "sources", aka the voices in your head, are batshit insane.

ChiefsCountry
Dumb trade

Why? Lloyd is a free agent might as well get something for him. Makes alot of sense for the Rams actually.

Reerun_KC
You mean Lloyd?

Flyod, Llyod, whatever....

:LOL:

KCUnited
10-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Denver implementing the Suck 4 Luck AND the Stock Pile Picks 4 Luck strategies.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2011, 10:23 AM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Yet another official involved in trade talks between Broncos and Rams texted there is no trade done and there are a "lot of hurdles.

DaFace
10-17-2011, 10:25 AM

These are the times when I doubt your homerism and wonder if you just don't understand how this stuff works. Assuming that the Broncos and Rams both end up somewhere in the top 10 in draft position (which is almost a given unless Tebow ends up completely turning the Broncos around), that would put Lloyd's value to the Rams somewhere around a #10-15 overall pick in the draft. For a second-tier WR with only half a season left on his contract.

I mean, come on man...think about this stuff.

-King-
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM

ROFL ROFL Please tell me you are just trolling and you don't actually believe that.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Yet another official involved in trade talks between Broncos and Rams texted there is no trade done and there are a "lot of hurdles.

D.J. Williams?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Trade the pick.

Bradford can GTFO in that situation.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-17-2011, 11:06 AM
mortreport Chris Mortensen
Brandon Lloyd to Rams is finally final. Sam Bradford and Josh McDaniels get themselves a receiver. More to come on @NFL32

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Rams give up a 6th rounder in 2012 that could become a 5th rounder depending Lloyd's pass receptions

Mr. Arrowhead
10-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Rams give up a 6th rounder in 2012 that could become a 5th rounder depending Lloyd's pass receptions
WHAT??? No 1st, Knowshit is gonna be so disappointed

Rain Man
10-17-2011, 11:12 AM

I heard that Denver traded their first round pick and Lloyd for the Rams' second round pick.

HotRoute
10-17-2011, 11:15 AM

Not terrible for either team, it's obvious the donks are in the S4L sweepstakes and are going to end up just short.

tooge
10-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Denver implementing the Suck 4 Luck AND the Stock Pile Picks 4 Luck strategies.

not sure if you are joking, but this is exactly what they are doing. Elway has been gizzing for Luck since he got the job, seeing him at his alma mater and all. They know they don't have shit for a qb moving forward. Soooo, have a fire sale, lose the rest of your games, get close enough to the number one pick that you can use all the firesale picks to move up. Only one problem. Miami and Indy won't budge.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2011, 11:19 AM

See who will bid the highest for one of your QBs. It could be an awesome win for the Rams in all reality. They could build a dyntasy off this one way or another.

Hopefully Pioli is on the phone with Billy D for Bradford if it did happen.

CoMoChief
10-17-2011, 11:20 AM
If the Rams had all of the WR's healthy:

Brandon Lloyd
Mike Sims-Walker
Danny Amendola
Austin Pettis
Danario Alexander

That's one hell of a WR core IMO

Not to mention Lance Kendricks has tons of potential, and SJ is a beast.

They need to get their Oline together....that's been their issue this season.....they get that solved, Rams should have a really good offense.

DaFace
10-17-2011, 11:35 AM
I heard that Denver traded their first round pick and Lloyd for the Rams' second round pick.

That's probably about as likely.

chop
10-17-2011, 11:40 AM

Brandon Lloyd
Mike Sims-Walker
Danny Amendola
Austin Pettis
Danario Alexander

They need to get their Oline together....that's been their issue this season.....they get that solved, Rams should have a really good offense.

Don't they have Clayton ready to come back also?

SenselessChiefsFan
10-17-2011, 11:41 AM

How about a 6th, or fifth?

SenselessChiefsFan
10-17-2011, 11:41 AM

Hearing that you are a moron.

Okie_Apparition
10-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I take it a few 5ths are going down right now

highBOLTage
10-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Not terrible for either team, it's obvious the donks are in the S4L sweepstakes and are going to end up just short.

I am hearing they have other deals in the works:
-Orton and a 2012 5th rounder for Miami's 2012 7th rounder
-Denver is considering loaning Clady, Bailey, Dawkins, and Mays to the Colts for the rest of the year for free.

Okie_Apparition
10-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Elway threw in a 2003 Hyndai Sonata with hail damage

SenselessChiefsFan
10-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Hearing the Chiefs are trading Matt Cassel for Sam Bradford and their first round pick.

Mk19
10-17-2011, 12:23 PM

ROFL

CoMoChief
10-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Don't they have Clayton ready to come back also?

yeah that guy sucks though. def not the same player he was while in TB

Fish
10-17-2011, 12:37 PM
I wonder if Bradford will elevate his fantasy value.... Can't be worse than Orton...

whoman69
10-17-2011, 12:50 PM
The Rams biggest problem is that Bradford can't stay upright. Last I heard he was on pace for 72 sacks. Perhaps a receiver that can get open will help that, but they still need line help. Doncs at least get something for Lloyd. I don't see the Doncs having a worse record than the Phins. I think the Colts will be able to put something together by the end of the year with Painter. Plus the division they are in is so mediocre.

HerculesRockefell
10-17-2011, 01:29 PM
not sure if you are joking, but this is exactly what they are doing. Elway has been gizzing for Luck since he got the job, seeing him at his alma mater and all. They know they don't have shit for a qb moving forward. Soooo, have a fire sale, lose the rest of your games, get close enough to the number one pick that you can use all the firesale picks to move up. Only one problem. Miami and Indy won't budge.

Denver's never won in Miami and they're normally terrible when they play an early East Coast game too. Hopefully the Broncos can give the Fins their 1st win this weekend. So that'd be 1 for the Fins and I'm sure the Colts will beat Jacksonville at least once. After that, tiebreaker city.

MoreLemonPledge
10-17-2011, 01:44 PM
30 receptions elevate it to a 5th, so that's what it will end up being.

Rams Fan
10-17-2011, 02:25 PM

Just because McDaniels is the Rams OC doesn't mean he makes personnel decisions.

Fuck off.

Brandon Lloyd
Mike Sims-Walker
Danny Amendola
Austin Pettis
Danario Alexander

MSW is on his way out, I think.

He was inactive yesterday after having 3 drops vs the Redskins. IMO, Salas and Gibson are better than MSW.

The Rams biggest problem is that Bradford can't stay upright. Last I heard he was on pace for 72 sacks. Perhaps a receiver that can get open will help that, but they still need line help. Doncs at least get something for Lloyd. I don't see the Doncs having a worse record than the Phins. I think the Colts will be able to put something together by the end of the year with Painter. Plus the division they are in is so mediocre.

The Rams OL is a problem, yes. But it's been odd. They have invested soo much money into it. Smith would be better suited as a guard.

Overall, I am happy with the trade. AND CLAYTON IS BACK NEXT WEEK.

Skyy God
10-17-2011, 02:36 PM

Brandon Lloyd
Mike Sims-Walker
Danny Amendola
Austin Pettis
Danario Alexander

If healthy, that's still one of the biggest garbage WR corps in the league. Maybe better than the Browns, 49ers, and Jags, but that's about it.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-17-2011, 02:38 PM
ProFootballWklyPro Football Weekly

RT @jthom1 Rams release WR Mike Sims-Walker to make room for newly acquired Brandon Lloyd on roster.

Skyy God
10-17-2011, 02:44 PM
ProFootballWklyPro Football Weekly

RT @jthom1 Rams release WR Mike Sims-Walker to make room for newly acquired Brandon Lloyd on roster.

Who could have guessed MSW was a head case???

Rams Fan
10-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Who could have guessed MSW was a head case???

It's not that.

He's a shitty WR who had one really good season.

Iconic
10-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Why the fuck don't the rams just pick up T.O. He rapes there entire receiving corp without even trying.

Rams Fan
10-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Why the **** don't the rams just pick up T.O. He rapes there entire receiving corp without even trying.

Because Spags has this thing called "The Four Pillars".

T.O would go against 3 of them.

keg in kc
10-17-2011, 02:58 PM
I guess all the retard didn't leave with McDaniels.

And no, I'm not referring to Lloyd himself.

Iconic
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Because Spags has this thing called "The Four Pillars".

T.O would go against 3 of them.

The pillars need to be dropped asap when your 0-5 and fighting for your job. Bradford and T.O could do wonders IMO. And he's matured a lot since his times in Dallas. I think T.O takes a lot of shit for no reason. Especially for the clusterfuck in Dallas.

Rams Fan
10-17-2011, 03:03 PM
The pillars need to be dropped asap when your 0-5 and fighting for your job. Bradford and T.O could do wonders IMO. And he's matured a lot since his times in Dallas. I think T.O takes a lot of shit for no reason. Especially for the cluster**** in Dallas.

Spags isn't going anywhere this season, I think.

Next season might be a different story, but he's safe for at least this season and probably next.

And Lloyd won't mean shit if Feeley starts Sunday.:shake:

Iconic
10-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Spags isn't going anywhere this season, I think.

Next season might be a different story, but he's safe for at least this season and probably next.

And Lloyd won't mean shit if Feeley starts Sunday.:shake:

Yeah, I'd give him one more year myself. New OC with a still learning QB, terrible OL, and not a lot of quality depth at WR, Kind of sounds like the Chiefs from 2 years ago.

I'm sure he will start. I heard the injury isn't on his planting foot. That alone should make a difference.

Titty Meat
10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Why? Lloyd is a free agent might as well get something for him. Makes alot of sense for the Rams actually.

A few reasons......

1. The Rams aren't going anywhere this year.

2. Lloyd is a McDaniels guy. I don't think Bradford is a good fit in the McDaniels system. If I'm a Rams fan I'd rather dump the OC than the franchise QB.

3. As you said Lloyd will be a free agent. You can sign him without giving up any compensation.

-King-
10-17-2011, 04:03 PM
I wonder what compensatory pick Denver would have got if he just left as a FA.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2011, 04:18 PM
A few reasons......

1. The Rams aren't going anywhere this year.

2. Lloyd is a McDaniels guy. I don't think Bradford is a good fit in the McDaniels system. If I'm a Rams fan I'd rather dump the OC than the franchise QB.

3. As you said Lloyd will be a free agent. You can sign him without giving up any compensation.

You have no receivers at all outside of Alexander right now. Lloyd, Alexander and with Clayton coming back and with Jackson you will have some weapons for Bradford at least. Its still a good deal for the Rams, you gave up nothing really and it will help with Bradford's development unless you want to win the Luck derby.

Frankie
10-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Andrew Luck move.

Denver implementing the Suck 4 Luck.....

Totally. Elway needs to call a physician. His erection for Andrew Luck simply won't go away.

Frankie
10-17-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't think Bradford is a good fit in the McDaniels system.

Cassel is. When the time comes we should go after their 1st rounder offering some combination involving Matty.

Rams Fan
10-17-2011, 04:50 PM
You have no receivers at all outside of Alexander right now. Lloyd, Alexander and with Clayton coming back and with Jackson you will have some weapons for Bradford at least. Its still a good deal for the Rams, you gave up nothing really and it will help with Bradford's development unless you want to win the Luck derby.

Danario can't hold onto the fucking ball.

Rams Fan
10-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Cassel is. When the time comes we should go after their 1st rounder offering some combination involving Matty.

Not going to happen as long as Devaney is GM.

Titty Meat
10-17-2011, 06:12 PM

That WR core even with Lloyd is meh and Bradford still isn't really a good fit for McDaniels. Tank the season get the #1 pick and either trade it for a shit load of picks or draft luck seems like a win/win to me. What was the pick traded for Lloyd a 5th?

Rams Fan
10-17-2011, 06:22 PM
That WR core even with Lloyd is meh and Bradford still isn't really a good fit for McDaniels. Tank the season get the #1 pick and either trade it for a shit load of picks or draft luck seems like a win/win to me. What was the pick traded for Lloyd a 5th?

Yes, tanking for first overall is a win-win?

What the fuck?