PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Press Conf.: Todd Haley unsure if Jonathan Baldwin will be active this week.

Fritz88
10-17-2011, 03:00 PM
@ArrowheadPride Arrowhead Pride
Todd Haley says he's not sure if Jonathan Baldwin will be active this week or not.

http://twitter.com/#!/ArrowheadPride/status/126013072916746240

Link to Conference

http://www.kcchiefs.com/chiefs-live.html

DeezNutz
10-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Stay down, bitch. /Thomas Jones

Johnny Vegas
10-17-2011, 03:01 PM
what the fuckin fuck? Thanks Tom Jones

Three7s
10-17-2011, 03:04 PM
I guess Baldwin still can't play special teams.

Reerun_KC
10-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Wow what a giant pu$$y...

Fish
10-17-2011, 03:05 PM
I have to think that there's some punishment aspect going on here. Smells like they're trying to make a statement with him now...

stevieray
10-17-2011, 03:06 PM
you and your pussycat thumb

mcaj22
10-17-2011, 03:07 PM
its like we didnt even pick in the first round of the draft this year lol

Brock
10-17-2011, 03:08 PM
I gots to get my 2 ypc bitch

Hootie
10-17-2011, 03:08 PM
I honestly lost interest in 2011 Jon Baldwin

talastan
10-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Yippie S4L isn't dead yet!! :sulk:

Iconic
10-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Baldwin must secretly be a S4Ler....

TEX
10-17-2011, 03:14 PM
I honestly lost interest in 2011 Jon Baldwin

This.

talastan
10-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Baldwin must secretly be a S4Ler....

Who'd you rather throwing you passes? Andrew "the next best thing since Peyton" Luck, or Matt "Duke of Dink overthrowing screen passes" Cassel?

TEX
10-17-2011, 03:15 PM
its like we didnt even pick in the first round of the draft this year lol

Or last unfortunately...:mad:

talastan
10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Or last unfortunately...:mad:

Or 2009 :doh!:

Iconic
10-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Who'd you rather throwing you passes? Andrew "the next best thing since Peyton" Luck, or Matt "Duke of Dink overthrowing screen passes" Cassel?

STANZI THE MANZI BISHH!:drool:

Hammock Parties
10-17-2011, 03:17 PM
If he's not active, there are issues with the Baldwin-Chiefs relationship that are not being reported.

CaliforniaChief
10-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Baldwin's getting the same treatment Jamaal Charles got in 2009. Gonna use the inactive list to screw with him and try and motivate him. Whether it's right or effective remains to be seen. But if Haley can take Baldwin to the next level like he has with Haley, it's well worth it.

chasedude
10-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Yay, more drama... :rolleyes:

bowener
10-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Seems a little early in the week to make a call...

KCUnited
I thought for reals this would be the day Todd Haley would tell us something about a player. I know he never has in the past, but I for reals thought today would be the day.

Reerun_KC
Baldwin's getting the same treatment Jamaal Charles got in 2009. Gonna use the inactive list to screw with him and try and motivate him. Whether it's right or effective remains to be seen. But if Haley can take Baldwin to the next level like he has with Haley, it's well worth it.

Hum? interesting to say the least...

Three7s
Haley took Haley to the next level?! Damn he must really be a motivator if he can do it to himself. Hah, just messing with ya, I know you mean Charles.

Hootie
10-17-2011, 03:21 PM
If he's not active, there are issues with the Baldwin-Chiefs relationship that are not being reported.

What does athan have to say!??!?!

Cheater5
10-17-2011, 03:21 PM
I dunno. I recently saw something Tom Brady said to the effect it takes +/- 8 weeks to get your timing down with a receiver, and unless a QB/WR have a strong working relationship beforehand (a la Wes Welker) you won't see big numbers with a new guy. Pretty sure he was responding to how quiet Ochocinco has been this year.

Maybe Baldwin has only recently started to become fully integrated in practice (two weeks?), and it might be better just to keep Bowe, Breaston, and Colbert active with Mr. Sh!tpants unable to adapt very well. Let's face it, seeing a different face in the huddle on game day might make Casshole implode.

Reerun_KC
10-17-2011, 03:23 PM

Or Maybe Whitlock?

Brock
10-17-2011, 03:24 PM

Premium subscribers only.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2011, 03:25 PM
I dunno. I recently saw something Tom Brady said to the effect it takes +/- 8 weeks to get your timing down with a receiver,

That's bullshit.

The Chiefs brought Bobby Wade in off the street in 2009 and he caught 6 balls for 72 yards in the first game of the year where Cassel had timing down with nobody let alone a first-week receiver.

Put Baldwin in the game and at least let him run slants, go routes and jump for balls in the red zone.

rageeumr
10-17-2011, 03:26 PM
All of these

http://www.sewmamasew.com/store/media/blog/WCMHighBust.jpg

http://blog.selfportrait.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/houdon-diderot.jpg

http://www.anskypoker.com/images/bust_blackjack.jpg

CaliforniaChief
10-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Haley took Haley to the next level?! Damn he must really be a motivator if he can do it to himself. Hah, just messing with ya, I know you mean Charles.

Actually, I meant Bowe in terms of his work with wide receivers. But yeah, good catch. :D

Johnny Vegas
10-17-2011, 03:28 PM
I dunno. I recently saw something Tom Brady said to the effect it takes +/- 8 weeks to get your timing down with a receiver, and unless a QB/WR have a strong working relationship beforehand (a la Wes Welker) you won't see big numbers with a new guy. Pretty sure he was responding to how quiet Ochocinco has been this year.

Maybe Baldwin has only recently started to become fully integrated in practice (two weeks?), and it might be better just to keep Bowe, Breaston, and Colbert active with Mr. Sh!tpants unable to adapt very well. Let's face it, seeing a different face in the huddle on game day might make Casshole implode.

Its the Patirot way of saying Chads' work ethic is a joke. He wasn't ready when he joined the team. I'll give him 8 weeks before he's cut.

Hoover
10-17-2011, 03:31 PM
You guys are all fools. You know how Kaiser Haley likes to tear WR's down and then build them up. He's doing it with Baldwin, this time he enlisted a little help from Thomas Jones.

Everything is going according to plan.

Urc Burry
10-17-2011, 03:50 PM
He's not just going to come out and say Baldwin will be playing. I'm pretty confident he plays his first game this weekend though

-King-
10-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Gamesmanship.

jd1020
10-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Harbaugh shook his hand.

WV
10-17-2011, 04:00 PM
From his tenure at Pitt, Baldwin doesn't strike me as the type of player that is going to respond well to tough love if that's what's going on.

Bugeater
10-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Yippie **** I AM A COMPLETELY MORONIC BANDWAGON FAN WHO HASN'T HAD AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT IN OVER A DECADE! **** isn't dead yet!! :sulk:

Baldwin must secretly be a **** I AM A COMPLETELY MORONIC BANDWAGON FAN WHO HASN'T HAD AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT IN OVER A DECADE! ****er....
WTF is being filtered there?
Suck for Luck
Suck 4 Luck

Brock
10-17-2011, 04:05 PM
WTF is being filtered there?
Suck for Luck
Suck4 Luck

ess four ell

Bugeater
10-17-2011, 04:06 PM
ess four ell
Ah, gotcha.

Bump
10-17-2011, 04:11 PM
what a fucking bust.

SPchief
SFL!

SPchief
A4L

SPchief
10-17-2011, 04:12 PM
S4L

michaelj_58
10-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Haley is just tired of the media asking when Baldwin will play.It will work out.!!

munkey
10-17-2011, 04:14 PM

This

aturnis
10-17-2011, 04:45 PM

I agree. I have a few CONSPIRACY theories.

First would be that Baldwin is still being the "punk" he had been reported as being that lead to him getting his thumb broken, and as Bowe(?) stated later, "Haley don't want no punks on his team".

Either that, or a combination of that and that he's possibly a Pioli pick and b/c Haley and Pioli are at each others throats, and Haley's going to prove Pioli he doesn't need the guy he picked.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT31f_gY8v_c_p9ns_RlyUjl5ofGxEV5OxqoiCmw2PIS9EV6mkhZm-sq3uMKg

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Stay down, bitch. /Thomas Jones

LMAO

Deberg_1990
10-17-2011, 04:48 PM
I remember how much of a wash LJ's first season was as a Chief. Dude was perfectly healthy but inactive for half the year or so.

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2011, 04:50 PM

:LOL: Manufacturing a story?

whoman69
10-17-2011, 05:09 PM
I remember how much of a wash LJ's first season was as a Chief. Dude was perfectly healthy but inactive for half the year or so.

So Baldwin needs to learn the blocking schemes? Or does Haley have a new excuse?

Okie_Apparition
10-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Adam Teicher

Just because he’s over the broken thumb he received in the training camp fight with teammate Thomas Jones, don’t automatically assume Jonathan Baldwin will play in Sunday’s game against the Raiders in Oakland.

''I don’t think it’s a lock that Jonathan will be active or not,'' coach Todd Haley said at his news conference today. ''Right now, we’ll go through this week. There are a lot of factors that will play into that decision.

''We’ll see how it plays out once we get going here.''

If the Chiefs were merely waiting for Baldwin’s thumb to mend, he would have played in the most recent game at Indianapolis. But, as Haley said, the decision is complicated by some factors and here are two of the biggest:

1. Baldwin missed a lot of practice time while waiting for the thumb to heal, so it’s difficult for him to know exactly where he’s supposed to be and what he’s supposed to do on every play. The worst thing the Chiefs could do is put a receiver who doesn’t know what he’s doing on the field. The Chiefs finally have their passing game headed in the right direction but it seems fragile. Maybe the trigger to send it back to the early days of the season is for Matt Cassel to throw a pick-6 where he puts the ball where it’s supposed to be, but Baldwin isn’t there.

2. The Chiefs need their spare receivers to help in other areas, namely special teams. Baldwin doesn’t play in the kicking game while two of their backup receivers, Terrance Copper and Jeremy Horne, are two of their better players on special teams. So to get into uniform, it figures that Baldwin will need to be their third best receiver, behind Dwayne Bowe and Steve Breaston.

That doesn’t seem to be the case right now. Until it is, look for Baldwin to be a regular on the inactive list.

By Adam Teicher on October 17, 2011 - 2:56pmThe Kansas City Star
login or register to post comments

yeti
10-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Adam Teicher

Just because he’s over the broken thumb he received in the training camp fight with teammate Thomas Jones, don’t automatically assume Jonathan Baldwin will play in Sunday’s game against the Raiders in Oakland.

''I don’t think it’s a lock that Jonathan will be active or not,'' coach Todd Haley said at his news conference today. ''Right now, we’ll go through this week. There are a lot of factors that will play into that decision.

''We’ll see how it plays out once we get going here.''

If the Chiefs were merely waiting for Baldwin’s thumb to mend, he would have played in the most recent game at Indianapolis. But, as Haley said, the decision is complicated by some factors and here are two of the biggest:

1. Baldwin missed a lot of practice time while waiting for the thumb to heal, so it’s difficult for him to know exactly where he’s supposed to be and what he’s supposed to do on every play. The worst thing the Chiefs could do is put a receiver who doesn’t know what he’s doing on the field. The Chiefs finally have their passing game headed in the right direction but it seems fragile. Maybe the trigger to send it back to the early days of the season is for Matt Cassel to throw a pick-6 where he puts the ball where it’s supposed to be, but Baldwin isn’t there.

2. The Chiefs need their spare receivers to help in other areas, namely special teams. Baldwin doesn’t play in the kicking game while two of their backup receivers, Terrance Copper and Jeremy Horne, are two of their better players on special teams. So to get into uniform, it figures that Baldwin will need to be their third best receiver, behind Dwayne Bowe and Steve Breaston.

That doesn’t seem to be the case right now. Until it is, look for Baldwin to be a regular on the inactive list.

By Adam Teicher on October 17, 2011 - 2:56pmThe Kansas City Star
login or register to post comments

How can this not be? He is a damn 1st rd pick. Worse than Copper and Horne??? Haley's got to be playing mind games.

aturnis
10-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Teicher is an idiot.

Dave, I don't know why you would laugh at Clay's assumption, seems the most likely to me. Baldwin is more than completely healthy after all. Who would he be fabricating a story for? Does he have a hidden agenda to sell his thoughts and ideas?

There is no reason for Baldwin to sit out. You really think a receiver who won't see the field outside of special teams offers more to the team than what Baldwin potentially brings to the table as a first round receiver?

Not to mention that the guys he replaces doesn't need to be a receiver. I'm sure there is at least one guy on this team a potential down field threat and big redzone targets outweighs.

aturnis
10-17-2011, 05:45 PM
How can this not be? He is a damn 1st rd pick. Worse than Copper and Horne??? Haley's got to be playing mind games.

He is in my opinion. The reported reason for the altercation which resulted in his broken thumb was that he was acting entitled and didn't want to practice blocking and running routes. Thought he was above being hazed too. In short, already a locker room cancer. Haley is showing him that he isn't going to play until he gets it through his head that he is a cog in the machine.

yeti
10-17-2011, 06:01 PM
He is in my opinion. The reported reason for the altercation which resulted in his broken thumb was that he was acting entitled and didn't want to practice blocking and running routes. Thought he was above being hazed too. In short, already a locker room cancer. Haley is showing him that he isn't going to play until he gets it through his head that he is a cog in the machine.

Well hopefully he falls in line before the end of the season as I would selfishly like to watch him and Bowe do as much damage as they can with MC throwing to them. I am just glad Breaston has stepped up in the meantime while Baldwin gets the "Haley Regimen".

aturnis
10-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Well hopefully he falls in line before the end of the season as I would selfishly like to watch him and Bowe do as much damage as they can with MC throwing to them. I am just glad Breaston has stepped up in the meantime while Baldwin gets the "Haley Regimen".

I want Cassel to sink and go away. I fear that having Baldwin might prevent that.

Okie_Apparition
10-17-2011, 07:40 PM
He's only practiced 1 week & that was before the bye. I'm not concerned, thinking Haley wants him to feel he's earned it.

Cassel has missed 1 game for each of his two seasons in KC & want Stanzi upped to the #2 before he misses his 2011 game

aturnis
10-17-2011, 08:20 PM
He hasn't missed much if any classroom time, which is like 70-80% of NFL practices, and has been taking live reps on every offensive snap off to the side. He knows the offense almost as well as a guy could right now(no doubt he has lost some work by not fully participating in practice and games). He is as game ready as he can be at this point.

kcxiv
10-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Its just Haley doing what Haley does with WRs. He's going to play once Haley has broken him and built him back up.

O.city
10-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Its just Haley doing what Haley does with WRs. He's going to play once Haley has broken him and built him back up.

This. Good idea or not that's what is going on I believe. I dunno.

philfree
10-17-2011, 08:35 PM
It's monday. Why would Haley make a decision on a monday?

aturnis
10-17-2011, 08:42 PM

I agree.

aturnis
10-17-2011, 08:45 PM
It's monday. Why would Haley make a decision on a monday?

Is there any reason to insinuate there is a possibility he might not play, when it was already a forgone conclusion that he would play week 5? Do you think it's gonna fool Oakland if he's trying to be clever?

philfree
10-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Is there any reason to insinuate there is a possibility he might not play, when it was already a forgone conclusion that he would play week 5? Do you think it's gonna fool Oakland if he's trying to be clever?

Is there a reason to go ahead say that Baldwin is going to play before we've even had a practice this week? I don't know about fooling Oakland but it's messing with people on Chiefs Planet apparently so :shrug:

DBOSHO
10-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Baldwins been practicing for like 3 weeks. Ill be pissed if he doesnt play

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2011, 09:08 PM
I don't care what games or whatever Haley does to WRs. He's your first round pick. Play him.

Rain Man
10-17-2011, 09:19 PM

Hopefully he doesn't start with the other thumb.

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Teicher is an idiot.

Dave, I don't know why you would laugh at Clay's assumption, seems the most likely to me. Baldwin is more than completely healthy after all. Who would he be fabricating a story for? Does he have a hidden agenda to sell his thoughts and ideas?

There is no reason for Baldwin to sit out. You really think a receiver who won't see the field outside of special teams offers more to the team than what Baldwin potentially brings to the table as a first round receiver?

Not to mention that the guys he replaces doesn't need to be a receiver. I'm sure there is at least one guy on this team a potential down field threat and big redzone targets outweighs.
Me laughing at Clay's post has nothing to do with whether or not I think Baldwin will play.

It has more to do with Clay's agenda. He's trying to create something out of nothing.

Remember his 'Haley will be Fired' thread? Media types...

aturnis
10-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Baldwins been practicing for like 3 weeks. Ill be pissed if he doesnt play

Exactly. There is absolutely no reason for him not to play. He could have played in either week 4 or 5. He didn't, for no reason whatsoever. He might play this week, he might not. If he does cool, if not, any reason given is just an excuse. I'm all for holding him out if he continues to be a bitch. Fall in line motherfucker.

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Exactly. There is absolutely no reason for him not to play. He could have played in either week 4 or 5. He didn't, for no reason whatsoever. He might play this week, he might not. If he does cool, if not, any reason given is just an excuse. I'm all for holding him out if he continues to be a bitch. Fall in line motherfucker.

Bowe, Breaston, and Colbert have been playing well. Haley is superstitious.

That said, I hope he plays.

NJChiefsFan
10-18-2011, 12:10 AM
That's bullshit.

The Chiefs brought Bobby Wade in off the street in 2009 and he caught 6 balls for 72 yards in the first game of the year where Cassel had timing down with nobody let alone a first-week receiver.

Put Baldwin in the game and at least let him run slants, go routes and jump for balls in the red zone.

If Baldwin is getting punished by Haley let it be. Has he not proven twice already that breaking a WR down when they need it helps in the long run. Both Bowe and Fitzgerald admitted Haley pulled their head out of the sand.

Its amazing how people reach for stuff when history shows exactly what is going on.

Smed1065
10-18-2011, 12:45 AM

Really? Cant fool a reporter/Whitless

crazycoffey
10-18-2011, 01:49 AM

OR

Hailey is doing his WR magic dance all over Baldwin's ego....

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-18-2011, 03:27 AM
Baldwins holding out for a real QB !

SenselessChiefsFan
10-18-2011, 06:18 AM
The Raiders and Chiefs know each other very well. It is hard to get any time of gamesmanship advantage. I chalk this up to gamesmanship.

bevischief
10-18-2011, 06:22 AM
Hopefully he doesn't start with the other thumb.

ROFL

Dave Lane
10-18-2011, 07:58 AM

And kudos to Haley if this is true.