PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs AFC West may have Kyle Orton to kick around a bit longer

orange
10-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Report: Broncos willing to trade Kyle Orton to Raiders

With the news of Jason Campbell most likely missing the remainder of the 2011 season after suffering a broken collarbone against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, the Oakland Raiders are in desperate need of acquiring another quarterback. While reports indicated late Sunday the team was showing strong interest in Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, it appears they may have a shot at another quarterback–Kyle Orton of the Denver Broncos.

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, the Broncos are open to trading Orton to their division rivals–as long as they receive what they want in return.

From Klis’ article:

“Although the Raiders are their most-heated rival in the AFC West, the Broncos would be willing to give up Orton in return for a draft pick and relief from the estimated $5 million left on his salary.”

Obviously, Denver is re-opening the doors for a possible Orton deal now that Tim Tebow has been named the starter for Week 7 against the Miami Dolphins–not to mention they realize the chances of Orton returning next season may be slim since he’s a free agent in 2012. The Philadelphia Eagles weren’t afraid to make a trade with their NFC East rivals when they sent Donovan McNabb to the Washington Redskins and it appears the Broncos are willing to take the same risk.

As for the 4-2 Raiders, Orton would be a major upgrade over Kyle Boller or Terrelle Pryor–so they should seriously consider trying to work something out with John Elway and company.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/report_broncos_willing_to_trade_kyle_orton_to_raiders/7471438

kcxiv
10-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Raiders gotta do something, they have Kyle fucking Boller out there. lol

I wouldnt be shocked to see us win.

Buck
10-18-2011, 04:25 AM
Orton sucks. I'm for it.

Fritz88
10-18-2011, 04:28 AM
Impossible. Donks won't get rid of him until they see what Teblow can offer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
10-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Orton sucks. I'm for it.

He is better than Campbell. I think they will improve with him, noticeably.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
10-18-2011, 04:32 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Well for whatever reason, the Chargers struggle against Campbell, even when he was with the Skins. They've pretty much dominated Orton though.

Fritz88
10-18-2011, 04:37 AM
Well for whatever reason, the Chargers struggle against Campbell, even when he was with the Skins. They've pretty much dominated Orton though.

With a good running game and speedy receivers, he can do some damage.

Oakland has these two ingredients.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
10-18-2011, 04:39 AM
With a good running game and speedy receivers, he can do some damage.

Oakland has these two ingredients.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, they had a good receiving corps in Denver pretty much every time we played him, not that great of a rushing attack. You're right though. Should be interesting to see if it goes down. I doubt they do the trade though. I don't think any AFC West team would ever trade inside the division.

Fritz88
10-18-2011, 04:48 AM
Well, they had a good receiving corps in Denver pretty much every time we played him, not that great of a rushing attack. You're right though. Should be interesting to see if it goes down. I doubt they do the trade though. I don't think any AFC West team would ever trade inside the division.
I don't think it's happening either. Elway would be nuts to trade him before Tebow start unless they re going into full SFL mode.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
10-18-2011, 05:38 AM
i thought the Raiders Might go after Carson Palmer.

Slainte
10-18-2011, 05:47 AM
i thought the Raiders Might go after Carson Palmer.

Tried, but couldn't get Cincy to deal.

BoneKrusher
10-18-2011, 05:50 AM
Tried, but couldn't get Cincy to deal.

oh ok
i missed it.
i didnt do any football during the bye week.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-18-2011, 05:56 AM
Impossible. Donks won't get rid of him until they see what Teblow can offer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Broncos are going after Luck.

Think about it. Now, the Broncos may not have a chance to get him since they already have one win.....

But, I think they are stocking up on draft picks and tanking the rest of the season to give themselves the best shot.

oldandslow
10-18-2011, 07:17 AM

Think about it. Now, the Broncos may not have a chance to get him since they already have one win.....

But, I think they are stocking up on draft picks and tanking the rest of the season to give themselves the best shot.

You are correct.

TEX
10-18-2011, 08:00 AM

This. Bet they get him too. Just have this feeling...

Chiefshrink
10-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Orton tore are ass up not to long ago. Orton if given the time and talent around him he will pick you apart. Denver's got no talent right now and an O-line in decline. You trade your only decent receiver away when you go to the the safe short dink and dunk and Tebow run show:thumb:

If Orton does go to the Raiders you better start looking hard Oak's WRs for your fantasy team because Orton can throw the deep ball.:thumb:

loochy
10-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Raiders gotta do something, they have Kyle fucking Boller out there. lol

I wouldnt be shocked to see us win.

Don't forget about our CAREER DAY DEFENSE.

Chiefshrink
10-18-2011, 08:36 AM

Precisely:thumb: Shuts the fans up because Tebow can suck all to hell and they won't mind while the Broncs,Colts and Phins fight it out to the end. Then IF the Broncos win the Luck contest they tell Tebow either move to the H-back positon(a la Clark, Cooley role) or your ass is on the trading block.:thumb:

SenselessChiefsFan
10-18-2011, 09:00 AM
The Raiders overpaying for Palmer also keeps the Broncos from getting more picks to trade up for Luck. Yay.

Awesome. Just Awesome.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-23-2011, 06:51 PM
hmm you dont say

Ugly Duck
11-23-2011, 07:48 PM
[INDENT][INDENT]Report: Broncos willing to trade Kyle Orton to Raiders

Its a Trojan horse... Denver wants Raiders to lose....

Titty Meat
11-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Hey an article posted by Orange that isn't the Huffington Post.