PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Raiders Trade for Carson Palmer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

The Bad Guy
10-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Secondary has not been super impressive so far but you are just flat wrong about the line and receivers.

My ass. The Raiders offensive line sucks. The receivers as a trio are very average as well.

The Raiders begin and end with Darren McFadden.

DaFace
10-19-2011, 07:04 PM
When you suck R8ers' dick, do you spit or swallow?

See - this is your problem. You LOVE arguing with people even though you deny it. While I won't argue that others don't fight back with a vengeance at times, you can't deny that you find yourself in the middle of your fair share of pissing matches around this place.

On the other hand, when I think someone is being dumb, I typically say my piece, then...

:bolt:

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Fuck you.

Danezod

HTC-Inspire-4G

Okie_Apparition
10-19-2011, 07:08 PM
September 12 @ Denver Broncos W 23–20 1-4

2 September 18 @ Buffalo Bills L 35–38 4-2

3 September 25 New York Jets W 34–24 3-3

4 October 2 New England Patriots L 19–31 5-1

5 October 9 @ Houston Texans W 25–20 3-3

6 October 16 Cleveland Browns W 24–17 2-3

Maybe with Palmer they can beat a team with a winning record

Frazod
10-19-2011, 07:09 PM
See - this is your problem. You LOVE arguing with people even though you deny it. While I won't argue that others don't fight back with a vengeance at times, you can't deny that you find yourself in the middle of your fair share of pissing matches around this place.

On the other hand, when I think someone is being dumb, I typically say my piece, then...

:bolt:

No, I'd love it if this place wasn't run by useless twats like you, and we didn't have to get shit all over by the scum of the earth because of it.

But it is what it is.

Please return to your regularly scheduled program of being absolutely fucking useless. I wouldn't want hold you up from doing that.

Chronic
10-19-2011, 07:12 PM
My ass. The Raiders offensive line sucks. The receivers as a trio are very average as well.

The Raiders begin and end with Darren McFadden.

Sure they do sweetheart

They only have the #1 rusher in the NFL, and only allowed 7 sacks this year.. tied for 1st in the NFL in fewest sacks

You're not only a hater, but a very dumb hater...

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 07:23 PM
No, I'd love it if this place wasn't run by useless twats like you, and we didn't have to get shit all over by the scum of the earth because of it.

But it is what it is.

Please return to your regularly scheduled program of being absolutely fucking useless. I wouldn't want hold you up from doing that.

Rude bastard

HTC-Inspire-4G

DaFace
10-19-2011, 07:25 PM

But it is what it is.

To clarify, are you calling Phobia, Bwana, Bearcat, morphius, Bob Dole, and AustinChief, and Mr. Flopnuts "useless twats?" Frankly, I barely do anything mod related around here anymore, as the new guys seem to enjoy it more than I do.

Frazod
10-19-2011, 07:31 PM
To clarify, are you calling Phobia, Bwana, Bearcat, morphius, Bob Dole, and AustinChief, and Mr. Flopnuts "useless twats?" Frankly, I barely do anything mod related around here anymore, as the new guys seem to enjoy it more than I do.

When it comes to allowing vermin like R8ers to continually shit all over this place, absolutely. You guys do a piss poor job and I've never made it a secret that I think so.

If you want to drag everybody else in because I responded to your bitchy little comment, so be it.

Chronic
10-19-2011, 07:34 PM
When it comes to allowing vermin like R8ers to continually shit all over this place, absolutely. .

Nobody likes a whining bitch

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 07:35 PM
When it comes to allowing vermin like R8ers to continually shit all over this place, absolutely. You guys do a piss poor job and I've never made it a secret that I think so.

If you want to drag everybody else in because I responded to your bitchy little comment, so be it.

Why don't you go pound that hefer

HTC-Inspire-4G

milkman

Don't care for R8ers, but I'm not sure what he did that you think should have him banned.

DaFace

I'm not even sure what "bitchy little comment" you're talking about, but have fun wallowing in your self-pity. I'm out.

Frazod
10-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Don't care for R8ers, but I'm not sure what he did that you think should have him banned.

Apparently you're new here.

milkman
10-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Apparently you're new here.

No, I'm not new.

But I have learned that you're a little bitch that can dish it out, but cries when someone responds in kind.

Frazod
10-19-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm not even sure what "bitchy little comment" you're talking about, but have fun wallowing in your self-pity. I'm out.

LMAO Self-pity? Because you don't like me? Yeah, that just breaks my fucking heart. Perhaps you should start a thread about it in the moderator forum about how I was mean to you. :deevee:

Frazod
10-19-2011, 07:43 PM
No, I'm not new.

But I have learned that you're a little bitch that can dish it out, but cries when someone responds in kind.

Yeah, I never stand up for myself, do I? LMAO Eat shit, you miserable old fuck.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 07:43 PM
LMAO Self-pity? Because you don't like me? Yeah, that just breaks my fucking heart. Perhaps you should start a thread about it in the moderator forum about how I was mean to you. :deevee:

Where's the beef?

HTC-Inspire-4G

Chronic
10-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Brush your tooth hillbilly !!

Frazod
10-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Where's the beef?

HTC-Inspire-4G

Up your ass as usual, Rainbow Boy.

R8RFAN
10-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Up your ass as usual, Rainbow Boy.

That's homo erotic

HTC-Inspire-4G

milkman
10-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I never stand up for myself, do I? LMAO Eat shit, you miserable old ****.

R8r has you bleeding about something.

Frazod
10-19-2011, 07:50 PM
R8r has you bleeding about something.

And apparently I have you bleeding about something. Was there anything else?

Chronic
10-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Can you hillbillies share with the rest of the nation how you've mastered the art of "musketry?

"No Skeeter, damnit boy!, you put the ball in first then ya mash the stick down three times"

milkman

I'm just making an observation.

What would I be bleeding about?

I'm simply wondering what R8er did that warrants ban, IYO.

R8RFAN

Yea... Where's porky?

HTC-Inspire-4G

Ugly Duck
To clarify, are you calling Phobia, Bwana, Bearcat, morphius, Bob Dole, and AustinChief, and Mr. Flopnuts "useless twats?"

I didn't know Bwana & Mr. Flopnuts were mods.

Geez... I'd better start being nicer to them...

Okie_Apparition
10-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Aren't the Raiders Pirates?
The musketry joke was not well thought out

Chronic
10-19-2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.kcconfidential.com/userfiles/Kansas-City-Chiefs-fan-fat.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l213/AJXSMC/fan_060910_gallery_600.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p264/chiefstailgatersbar_n_grill/100_0838.jpg

Ugly Duck
10-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Hey! Who's that Elvis dude.... is he famous?

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p264/chiefstailgatersbar_n_grill/100_0838.jpg

RNR
10-19-2011, 08:15 PM

I cannot speak for the rest of them but Steve is my friend and good people~

mlyonsd
10-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Now THIS is what I call raider week.

Caseyguyrr
10-19-2011, 08:22 PM
i think we win this game, cuz theyll be starting palmer

Dartgod
10-19-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm just making an observation.

What would I be bleeding about?

I'm simply wondering what R8er did that warrants ban, IYO.
Nothing in this thread, but I remember him doing something awhile back that was over the line. I can't remember the details, but I'm guessing this is what Fraz is talking about.

Maybe he can fill in the blanks.

EDIT: How could I forget. It was the whole pedo-phile fiasco with Dane. IMO, what he did was ban worthy. He's been nothing more than a troll his entire existence here and if I remember right has been banned before. I agree with Frazod on that one. The mods gave him waaaaay to much slack on that one.

RNR
10-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Nothing in this thread, but I remember him doing something awhile back that was over the line. I can't remember the details, but I'm guessing this is what Fraz is talking about.

Maybe he can fill in the blanks.

They let total shitbag trolls hang out here. I am not sure how anyone gets banned here. Worthless shitbag gochiefs stalks me with one of his mults. It makes me wonder what kind of a sad life some of the trolls here live that make them what they are. Oh well they find a home here where mults and worthless assholes are welcome~

SDChiefs
10-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Aren't the Raiders Pirates?
The musketry joke was not well thought out

Butt pirates...

Frazod
10-19-2011, 08:47 PM
They let total shitbag trolls hang out here. I am not sure how anyone gets banned here. Worthless shitbag gochiefs stalks me with one of his mults. It makes me wonder what kind of a sad life some of the trolls here live that make them what they are. Oh well they find a home here where mults and worthless assholes are welcome~

There's no point in complaining about it - I shouldn't have said anything earlier. Nothing's going to change, and bitching about it just empowers the scumbags even more than the mods empower them already.

Bacillus Anthracis
10-19-2011, 08:52 PM
i think we win this game, cuz theyll be starting palmer

Palmer won't start. It's a gamesmanship thing that Hue Jackson is playing. It could cause some confusion for KC about how to prepare for the game. If I was KC's defensive coordinator I'd just prepare for Boller and the contingency plan if Palmer takes the field is to put 8 or 9 in the box and send six guys after the quarterback on every play.

Palmer won't be able to change the play at the line and it's going to be hard for him to throw the ball down the field with any confidence.

The Chiefs shut down Adrian Peterson pretty well so I think they can do the same thing to McFadden if Palmer plays. Make the guy with 4 days experience try to beat you.

I think Palmer sits and Boller plays the whole way through for better or worse.

Sofa King
Interesting turn this thread has taken.

Tomorrow should be fun.

stevieray

I'd love to roll in to the black hole with Bwana, MoH, Phob and Iowanian in red tshirts with Elvis Security printed on them.

I'd make you famous.

RNR
10-20-2011, 05:54 AM
There's no point in complaining about it - I shouldn't have said anything earlier. Nothing's going to change, and bitching about it just empowers the scumbags even more than the mods empower them already.

Yeah it is a drag this place has become what it has. It is still cool but not near as cool as it once was~

RNR
10-20-2011, 05:58 AM
I'd love to roll in to the black hole with Bwana, MoH, Phob and Iowanian in red tshirts with Elvis Security printed on them.

I'd make you famous.

Print up a black shirt and I will wear it. I would be rooting for Oakland but I would gladly hang out with all listed~

bevischief
10-20-2011, 06:04 AM
wHEN YOU HAD bUTT sEX With your boyfriend without a condom that was a big risk too... You lived, or have so far

you got the aids then...

bevischief
10-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Cassell is awesome and I hope he remains a Chief until he retires

nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo....

bevischief
10-20-2011, 06:15 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N8Smg7Q85pk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H1YTBDgCRME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

bevischief
10-20-2011, 06:22 AM
Dude they know their end is near for a few years arn are trying to get their last digs in before we take over the West:thumb:

I want some of whatever it is your smoking.

bevischief
10-20-2011, 06:23 AM
Bottom line is, the Raiders are ready to win right now. We had a championship caliber roster already, and now we have a championship caliber Quarterback.

The Raiders are the most talented team in the division, and can win this division with ease as Carson Palmer gets more comfortable in the offense.

We don't need Palmer to return to his 2005 form right now, all we need him to do is play decent, manage the games, and don't turn the ball over.

When we get to playoffs, that is when we need Palmer to play like a top 10 QB. We will most likely have a first round bye as well, so that gives CP3 even more time to get the offense down.

The Raiders are going all the way this year. This is just a special year for the Raiders. You chief fans cant deny it. We back.

What is in water out there you guys are high as a kite?

bevischief
10-20-2011, 06:26 AM
123 pages of I ain't scurred of Carson

HTC-Inspire-4G

You can't count or read we are at only page 87.

RNR
10-20-2011, 06:31 AM
You can't count or read we are at only page 87.

Uh...that kind of depends on how many posts you have set to be shown on a page in your personal settings~

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)
Thread Display ModeHere you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page.
Linear - Oldest First Linear - Newest First Threaded Hybrid Thread Display Mode:
Number of Posts to Show Per PageUse this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.
Use Forum Default Show 5 Posts Per Page Show 10 Posts Per Page Show 20 Posts Per Page Show 30 Posts Per Page Show 40 Posts Per Page Show 50 Posts Per Page Show 60 Posts Per Page Show 70 Posts Per Page Show 80 Posts Per Page Number of Posts to Show Per Page:
Default Thread Age Cut OffYou may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown.
Use Forum Default Show threads from last day Show threads from last 2 days Show threads from last week Show threads from last 10 days Show threads from last 2 weeks Show threads from last month Show threads from last 45 days Show threads from last 2 months Show threads from last 75 days Show threads from last 100 days Show threads from last year Show all threads Default Thread Age Cut Off:

King_Chief_Fan
10-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Bottom line is, the Raiders are ready to win right now. We had a championship caliber roster already, and now we have a championship caliber Quarterback.

The Raiders are the most talented team in the division, and can win this division with ease as Carson Palmer gets more comfortable in the offense.

We don't need Palmer to return to his 2005 form right now, all we need him to do is play decent, manage the games, and don't turn the ball over.

When we get to playoffs, that is when we need Palmer to play like a top 10 QB. We will most likely have a first round bye as well, so that gives CP3 even more time to get the offense down.

The Raiders are going all the way this year. This is just a special year for the Raiders. You chief fans cant deny it. We back.

that is absolutely fantastic news. Now you people have something to live for. If it doesn't pan out....and it won't....don't come back here making excuses. We will be watching the 10 o'clock news as it is likely to show all of you jumping off a bridge.

TheGuardian
10-20-2011, 06:53 AM
WTF? When did the Raiders assemble this championship roster????????? What championship is it they won? They haven't even won the division in how many years? WTF?

Ugly Duck
10-20-2011, 07:08 AM
Palmer won't start. If I was KC's defensive coordinator I'd just prepare for Boller and the contingency plan if Palmer takes the field is to put 8 or 9 in the box and send six guys after the quarterback on every play.

The Chiefs shut down Adrian Peterson pretty well so I think they can do the same thing to McFadden if Palmer plays. Make the guy with 4 days experience try to beat you.

Chiefs are gonna stack the box whether its Palmer or Boller. Neither one will have the full compliment of plays in the gameplan - especially all the fancy trick plays that Hue put in it. Chiefs brass have an easy time planning for this game. They also are well-rested & healed up after their bye. Raiders are banged up, tired, coming off the emotional trauma of Al's death and the sudden uncertainty at quarterback. If Oakland doesn't dig deep to counter all that, its gonna be a long day.

bevischief
10-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Here's the Raiders injury report:

Did not practice: QB Jason Campbell (collarbone, foot), RB Rock Cartwright (calf), CB Chimdi Chekwa (hamstring), CB Chris Johnson (groin, hamstring), LB Rolando McClain (ankle), RB Marcel Reece (ankle).

Limited practice: TE Richard Gordon (hand), S Michael Huff (ankle), C Samson Satele (ribs).

Full practice: TE Brandon Myers (ribs).

TEX
10-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Chiefs are gonna stack the box whether its Palmer or Boller. Neither one will have the full compliment of plays in the gameplan - especially all the fancy trick plays that Hue put in it. Chiefs brass have an easy time planning for this game. They also are well-rested & healed up after their bye. Raiders are banged up, tired, coming off the emotional trauma of Al's death and the sudden uncertainty at quarterback. If Oakland doesn't dig deep to counter all that, its gonna be a long day.

You mean Charles, Berry & Moeaki are back and Baldwin is ready? ...:drool:

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Cassell is awesome and I hope he remains a Chief until he retires

Now THAT was over the line

jspchief
10-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Realistically, Palmer is probably the best choice out of what was available to Oakland.

I just don't know how they can dismiss the cost. Think of the criteria you would use to judge a 1st round draft pick. For it to be an A grade, you'd probably expect around 5 years of high level of play. To grade out around a B/C, you'd need a consistent 5 year starter type player, if not necessarily always at the top of his game (think Derrick Johnson). A C/D would probably be getting a few years of decent starter play. Anything less than 2+ years of starter play is probably going to be called an F/bust.

So realistically, Oakland is looking at needing 10 years of very good play from Palmer to grade those draft picks as A, A. A more realistic expectation would be 5 years of very good play, for what would amount to an A, D/F.

I honestly think at best case scenario, one of those draft picks is going to have to grade out as an F, using typical standards. And even more likely, the other pick is going to grade around a C at best.

Raiders fans are quick to say "if we win a Superbowl this year, it's worth it". But if you apply the same standards that you would to two 1st round draft picks, it's clear that it is not worth it. IMO, a 1st round pick should equal 5 years of starter play.

Oakland has sacrificed 10 potential years of starter play for Palmer and I don't think many NFL enthusiasts would argue that the addition puts them ahead of New England, Green Bay, or Baltimore. And may not even put them on the same tier as 2nd level play-off type teams like New Orleans, San Diego, or Pittsburgh.

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Yall can go ahead now and start sucking up and I won't be as hard on you later.... Continue to beat those DSL's and the flogging will continue for quite some time

Chronic
10-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Oakland has sacrificed 10 potential years of starter play for Palmer .

Absolutly retarded

Raiders pick given up for Palmer is gonna be around 22-28

Do you know what the success rate is for a player picked in that slot?

Less than 39%

So you cant even flip a coin and have a 50% chance

You know how many player drafted in rd 1 actually resigned with the team that drafted them?

15%

Yes, thats right...15% of them

So the odds are that your pick will suck ass or sign with another team after their rookie contract is 85% of those fuggers

jspchief
10-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Absolutly retarded

Raiders pick given up for Palmer is gonna be around 22-28

Do you know what the success rate is for a player picked in that slot?

Less than 39%

So you cant even flip a coin and have a 50% chance

You know how many player drafted in rd 1 actually resigned with the team that drafted them?

15%

Yes, thats right...15% of them

So the odds are that your pick will suck ass or sign with another team after their rookie contract is 85% of those fuggersYou gave up 2 picks for him.

And if you don't get 4-5 good years out of each of those picks, they would be considered busts by most.

I don't blame you for trying to minimize the value of draft picks though, after the way your team has handed them out like candy.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-20-2011, 09:50 AM
ROFL

ESPN Radio opens with this this morning...

"Just when you thought the Raiders we're getting back on track after years of losing, they go and do something like this."

Chronic
10-20-2011, 10:02 AM
You gave up 2 picks for him.

And if you don't get 4-5 good years out of each of those picks, they would be considered busts by most.

I don't blame you for trying to minimize the value of draft picks though, after the way your team has handed them out like candy.

I'm not trying to minimize the cost

What I'm telling you is simply

The odds on a team hitting on a pro bowl player in the draft is 15%

Those odds suck ass, even to stupid investors

The odds are simply not there. Now, you can find mariginal players at a much higher percentage, but their cost far outweighs what one pays for them

If DT was a position of need, would you have traded the 17th overall pick for Richard Seymour?

If you said no, you're an idiot, and probably thinking in the lines of losing cheap franchises like the Chiefs, Browns etc

jspchief
10-20-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm not trying to minimize the cost

What I'm telling you is simply

Those odds suck ass, even to stupid investors

The odds are simply not there. Now, you can find mariginal players at a much higher percentage, but their cost far outweighs what one pays for them

If DT was a position of need, would you have traded the 17th overall pick for Richard Seymour?

If you said no, you're an idiot, and probably thinking in the lines of losing cheap franchises like the Chiefs, Browns etc I'm amazed by this 2nd draft pick that has suddenly disappeared.

Bacillus Anthracis
10-20-2011, 10:25 AM

Good points. I think Boller is still the better choice though. He went 8-14 for 100 yards coming off the bench last week and that's probably not a lot less than we could have expected out of Campbell. We probably get another TD with Campbell in but hell, when Campbell was playing the offense only scored 10 points anyway.

I have to wonder if Campbell had hit the wall even before he got injured.

Whatever. Boller should start and finish this one no matter what the outcome is. I wouldn't even have Palmer suited up for this one.

lcarus
Hmm, thinking as unbiased as I possibly can considering I'm a diehard Chiefs fan and hate the Raiders....acquiring Palmer isn't a bad move. They had 0 chance with Kyle Boller. The problem is, they gave up too much for Palmer imo. It's a high risk/medium reward.

jd1020
I'm amazed by this 2nd draft pick that has suddenly disappeared.

The second pick is a conditional 2nd round that could be a 1st. If that pick becomes a first I would say the trade was worth it, considering what has to be done to make that pick a 1st.

Ming the Merciless
10-20-2011, 10:26 AM

Thats not the point. The AVERAGE at 22-28 is 5 years of starting. As jsp said in his post, thats a C. Average..."success" isn't defined as pro-bowl...

Can Raider fans even read?

Ming the Merciless
10-20-2011, 10:28 AM
The second pick is a conditional 2nd round that could be a 1st. If that pick becomes a first I would say the trade was worth it, considering what has to be done to make that pick a 1st.

They have to make the AFC championship game right? Not win it....Hmmm...What if they make the AFC championship game, lose...and Palmer plays like shit? Don't get me wrong ..I'd love to see my team win a playoff game....I dunno if it would be worth it though.

jspchief
10-20-2011, 10:37 AM
The second pick is a conditional 2nd round that could be a 1st. If that pick becomes a first I would say the trade was worth it, considering what has to be done to make that pick a 1st.I don't think reaching the 3rd round round of a single year's play-offs makes it worth it.

Personally, I would expect multiple years of good play from the position to consider it a success. Just like I would from the use of the respective draft picks.

Let me put it this way. If we reached the AFC championship game this year, would that mean drafting Tyson Jackson and Dexter McCluster was worth it?

Brad Johnson won a single Superbowl, is he worth 2 draft picks?

There's just a lot more to it for me. Realistically, Oakland could miss the playoffs for the next five years, but if Palmer played lights out during that span, I'd probably consider it a good trade.

jd1020
10-20-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't think reaching the 3rd round round of a single year's play-offs makes it worth it.

Personally, I would expect multiple years of good play from the position to consider it a success. Just like I would from the use of the respective draft picks.

Let me put it this way. If we reached the AFC championship game this year, would that mean drafting Tyson Jackson and Dexter McCluster was worth it?

Brad Johnson won a single Superbowl, is he worth 2 draft picks?

There's just a lot more to it for me. Realistically, Oakland could miss the playoffs for the next five years, but if Palmer played lights out during that span, I'd probably consider it a good trade.

Stupid argument. It would depend on on Jacksons and McClusters roles. Oakland isn't going to make it anywhere without good play from Palmer.

jspchief
10-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Stupid argument. It would depend on on Jacksons and McClusters roles. Oakland isn't going to make it anywhere without good play from Palmer.Really?

Because the only reason anyone thinks they are play-off caliber team is by making it somewhere without good play from Black Cassel.

I don't think the Raider's success can unarguably be tied to Palmer playing well.

jd1020
10-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Really?

Because the only reason anyone thinks they are play-off caliber team is by making it somewhere without good play from Black Cassel.

I don't think the Raider's success can unarguably be tied to Palmer playing well.

Ya. The QB doesn't have much effect on a teams success.................. That's why the Chiefs, with arguably one of the more talented offenses, are 5-0 right now with Cassel.

jspchief
10-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Ya. The QB doesn't have much effect on a teams success..................Which is nothing close to what I said.

All I'm saying is, if you want the escalator of a conditional draft pick to depend on a player's performance, tie it to his performance. As it is currently reported, it's tied to team success, which can happen even if Palmer himself doesn't nothing. What if he gets injured, and Terrel Pryor leads them to the championship? According to you and Raider fan, it was still worth it.

jd1020
10-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Which is nothing close to what I said.

All I'm saying is, if you want the escalator of a conditional draft pick to depend on a player's performance, tie it to his performance. As it is currently reported, it's tied to team success, which can happen even if Palmer himself doesn't nothing. What if he gets injured, and Terrel Pryor leads them to the championship? According to you and Raider fan, it was still worth it.

Now you are talking about injuries?

Berry's career was potentially ruined. Was he worth a 1st?

Okie_Apparition
10-20-2011, 11:03 AM
BAN HIM!

Chronic
10-20-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm amazed by this 2nd draft pick that has suddenly disappeared.

Dexter Mcluster..2nd rd pick 2010. 247 total yards in his career
Turk McBride - 2nd rd pick - 2007
Bernard Pollard - 2nd rd pick - 2006
Junior Siavi - 2nd rd pick - 2003
Kris Wilson - 2nd rd pick - 2003
Kawika Mitchell - 2nd rd pic - 2003
Eddie Freeman - 2nd rd pic - 2002
William Bartee - 2nd rd pick - 2000

The Chiefs took the pipe in the brown star fish on their 2nd rd picks and you wanna go and tell the Raiders how stupid they are... Gotcha bro

Chronic
10-20-2011, 11:35 AM
They have to make the AFC championship game right? Not win it....Hmmm...What if they make the AFC championship game, lose...and Palmer plays like shit? Don't get me wrong ..I'd love to see my team win a playoff game....I dunno if it would be worth it though.

If they make the AFCC like they did 8 years ago.. It'll be more than the Chiefs ever did in 40 years

Okie_Apparition
10-20-2011, 11:39 AM
When are the Raiders going to beat a team with a winning record
next two games are against teams with loosing records
Until then they're paper tigers or 2010 Chiefs at best

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2011, 12:58 PM
If they make the AFCC like they did 8 years ago.. It'll be more than the Chiefs ever did in 40 years

9 yrs, dumbass

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2011, 01:05 PM

Don't go full retard. The only way this trade pans out for Oakland is if they win the SB with Palmer.

The Chiefs failed with Montana and with Green.

You trade a 1st rd pick, especially 2 1st rounders, you better win it all with this guy.

Chronic
10-20-2011, 01:21 PM
9 yrs, dumbass

Jan 2003 you geek

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Jan 2003 you geek

It was the 02 season dipshit.

Ugly Duck
10-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Raiders fans are quick to say "if we win a Superbowl this year, it's worth it". But if you apply the same standards that you would to two 1st round draft picks, it's clear that it is not worth it.

Heck - I'd trade a slew of 1st round picks for another SuperBowl win. World Championships are rare animals, picks are not.

Chronic
10-20-2011, 02:15 PM
It was the 02 season dipshit.

Thats not what you said sweetheart

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Thats not what you said sweetheart

You moron. The 2002 season was 9 yrs ago.

TheGuardian
10-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Don't go full retard. The only way this trade pans out for Oakland is if they win the SB with Palmer.

The Chiefs failed with Montana and with Green.

You trade a 1st rd pick, especially 2 1st rounders, you better win it all with this guy.

I don't think the Raider fans get this.

this isn't like a trade for the next 3 years. The Raiders bet the farm for the next 20 years or so that THIS is the guy. And he's not. Enjoy.

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Heck - I'd trade a slew of 1st round picks for another SuperBowl win. World Championships are rare animals, picks are not.

You said that "SB" word and that "C" word and totally lost about 99% of the people on this forum...

mlyonsd
10-20-2011, 02:40 PM
You said that "SB" word and that "C" word and totally lost about 99% of the people on this forum...Maybe you've answered this already....were you alive the last time the raiders won a SB or C? Just curious.

jd1020
10-20-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't think the Raider fans get this.

this isn't like a trade for the next 3 years. The Raiders bet the farm for the next 20 years or so that THIS is the guy. And he's not. Enjoy.

How does this trade last for 20 years? Please explain.

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Maybe you've answered this already....were you alive the last time the raiders won a SB or C? Just curious.

I was alive when the Raiders won all of their Superbowls

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 02:47 PM
I was alive when the Chiefs won theirs

FringeNC
10-20-2011, 02:48 PM
You guys are making this too complicated. The Raiders made a big bet that Carson Palmer is an elite QB. If he is, they win the bet. I'm sure the stats guys at Football Outsiders or somewhere else can tell us how many wins 5-6 years of elite QB play is worth versus expected wins a 1st and a 2nd will create.

As almost all of us have agreed, winning championships is all about elite QB play. My warning to Raiders fans would be why is it that only the Raiders think Carson Palmer is an elite QB? No other team does.

mlyonsd
10-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I was alive when the Raiders won all of their SuperbowlsCool. Just checking to get an idea how old you are. Carry on. You're handling yourself well.

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Cool. Just checking to get an idea how old you are. Carry on. You're handling yourself well.

I am a young 45....

King_Chief_Fan
10-20-2011, 02:51 PM
I am a young 45....

your actions say 13-14:p

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Here's the deal and I am not going to argue who is going to win this game anymore.

The Raiders beat the Chiefs twice last year and the Chiefs were much better than they are this year.
The Raiders are much better overall than they were last your in virtually every aspect of their game except that ONE unknown and that is Carson Palmer.

Carson Palmer will really have to be off his game bad to lose this game to the Chiefs... If it was last years team coming into Oakland, I would be more worried but barring a total flop and every ball rolling the Chiefs way, I predict a big win for the Raiders in front of the sellout crowd.

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 02:57 PM
your actions say 13-14:p

Simple,if a man treats me with respect, I give him back the same thing.
Some people take message boards way too serious.

I will always take an ass whuppin before I will run.

vailpass
10-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Simple,if a man treats me with respect, I give him back the same thing.
Some people take message boards way too serious.

I will always take an ass whuppin before I will run.

You's a bad motha fucka!!

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 02:59 PM
You's a bad motha ****a!!

You got that shit right

SPATCH
10-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Here's the deal and I am not going to argue who is going to win this game anymore.

The Raiders beat the Chiefs twice last year and the Chiefs were much better than they are this year.
The Raiders are much better overall than they were last your in virtually every aspect of their game except that ONE unknown and that is Carson Palmer.

Carson Palmer will really have to be off his game bad to lose this game to the Chiefs... If it was last years team coming into Oakland, I would be more worried but barring a total flop and every ball rolling the Chiefs way, I predict a big win for the Raiders in front of the sellout crowd.

JACKIE BATTLE BITCH

Ugly Duck
10-20-2011, 03:21 PM

Yeah, right. Sucking on a pacifier maybe. That was an awfully long time ago, bud...

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah, right. Sucking on a pacifier maybe. That was an awfully long time ago, bud...

Yea, That was a stretch and I want to apologize for that... I wanted to make a couple of friends here to day and you messed that up :p

Chronic
10-20-2011, 04:41 PM
You moron. The 2002 season was 9 yrs ago.

Your vagina is swollen

Ming the Merciless
10-20-2011, 04:53 PM

your stats are wrong sir, FYI

we went to an afcC in '93 i'll have you know.

Good day then.

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 04:55 PM

Good day then.

Were you even born yet?

Ming the Merciless
10-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Were you even born yet?

yes , Im a 'young 45' also

Chronic
"Out da way bitch"

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMfQHr_kujA2cUII5KVC1ZSJn40Py2UJXixi7eQo0xriAjRmOr

lawrenceRaider

Good day then.

If I recall, it was a broke dick QB that dragged the Chiefs to their only playoff win in the last what, 40 years?

Ming the Merciless
10-20-2011, 05:00 PM
If I recall, it was a broke dick QB that dragged the Chiefs to their only playoff win in the last what, 40 years?

Correct. Its tough to blame certain HoF broke dicks for wanting 1-2 more seasons though..Especially when their dicks broken are so much girthier and rigid than most others are non-broke.

SnakeXJones
10-20-2011, 05:00 PM

I dont think he has a severely damaged knee sir

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Correct. Its tough to blame certain HoF broke dicks for wanting 1-2 more seasons though..Especially when their dicks broken are so much girthier and rigid than most others are non-broke.

Sounds like you have swallowed many a penis to make an assertion as detailed as this.

vailpass
10-20-2011, 05:04 PM

Uh, dude?

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Uh, dude?

hahahahahahahahhahahhhahhha ROFLROFL

Ming the Merciless
10-20-2011, 05:06 PM
LOL!!!!

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 05:13 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/426eefa2-aaea-46e7.jpg
I just wanted to see if this works
HTC-Inspire-4G

BossChief
10-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Dexter Mcluster..2nd rd pick 2010. 247 total yards in his career
This statement has NOTHING to do with the fact you are a Raiders fan.

You are probably one of the 10 dumbest posters on this site.

Now that I have made that observation... I would like to show how you are wrong again.

He has 243 yards rushing on 50 carries. 4.9 yards per carry.
271 yards receiving on 39 catches.
202 punt return yards
717 kick return yards

I would have to say that equals 1,433 total yards.

Chronic
10-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Chiefs are dead last in points allowed

Raiders are gonna Fark that shit like a sewing machine

So hard in fact, the bottoms gonna fall out

BossChief
10-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Uh, dude?

pawn strikes again!

vailpass
10-20-2011, 05:23 PM
LOL!!!!

:)

SnakeXJones
10-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Chiefs are dead last in points allowed

Raiders are gonna Fark that shit like a sewing machine

So hard in fact, the bottoms gonna fall out

Fark? this is why I left cali :shake:

J Diddy
10-20-2011, 05:28 PM

Carson Palmer <Joe Montana

By about a gazillion miles.

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2011, 06:27 PM
HTC-Inspire-4G

How do you do that?

Ming the Merciless
10-20-2011, 06:44 PM
How do you do that?

Let me explain

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_-agl0pOQfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 06:55 PM
How do you do that?

Rooted phone with a screen shot app and Tapatalk

HTC-Inspire-4G

R8RFAN
10-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Rooted phone with a screen shot app and Tapatalk

HTC-Inspire-4G

http://tapatalk.com/mu/20a700af-c345-974c.jpg
Like that

milkman
10-20-2011, 08:56 PM

That really isn't true.

The Chiefs are missing three of their best players, but at the same time the O-Line is playing better, so while they aren't quite as good, they haven't dropped off all that much either.

Todd Haley's plan in the preseason simply had the Chiefs ill prepared to start the season, and that was illustrated rather harshly in the first two games.

The Raiders aren't really all that much better than last season, and they are still an undisplined team.

I don't expect the Chiefs to win, but it's going to be a battle.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-20-2011, 09:02 PM

sellout crowd ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-20-2011, 09:04 PM
This statement has NOTHING to do with the fact you are a Raiders fan.

You are probably one of the 10 dumbest posters on this site.

Now that I have made that observation... I would like to show how you are wrong again.

He has 243 yards rushing on 50 carries. 4.9 yards per carry.
271 yards receiving on 39 catches.
202 punt return yards
717 kick return yards

I would have to say that equals 1,433 total yards.

ROFL

Too bad he's no longer:

A wide receiver OR a kick returner.

Kiss those extra yards goodbye.

DBOSHO
10-20-2011, 09:06 PM
The chiefs looked a shitload better on paper then both the bills and lions and we know what happened there.

Seeing as how this is a rivalry game, nothing will suprise me. Itll most likely be close until the end where one of the quarterbacks with either fuck up badly or put the team on their back.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
That really isn't true.

The Chiefs are missing three of their best players, but at the same time the O-Line is playing better, so while they aren't quite as good, they haven't dropped off all that much either.

Todd Haley's plan in the preseason simply had the Chiefs ill prepared to start the season, and that was illustrated rather harshly in the first two games.

The Raiders aren't really all that much better than last season, and they are still an undisplined team.

I don't expect the Chiefs to win, but it's going to be a battle.

The Raiders haven't beaten anybody either. If they beat us they still wouldn't have beaten anybody. They really aren't that good I don't know why a lot of the media are kissing their asses.

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2011, 11:02 PM
HTC-Inspire-4G

Awesome 98963

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Titty Meat
10-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Love how this is a breakout year for the Raiders and yet are only 1 game ahead of KC in the loss column. DOMINANCE.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2011, 12:53 AM
Love how this is a breakout year for the Raiders and yet are only 1 game ahead of KC in the loss column. DOMINANCE.

As much shit as these guys talked in this thread, you Know they won't be back if the Chiefs win.

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:09 AM
As much shit as these guys talked in this thread, you Know they won't be back if the Chiefs win.

I will be here

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2011, 01:11 AM
I will be here

So will UD. I'll be shocked if IPwnFools and Chronic come back.

SnakeXJones
10-21-2011, 04:15 AM
So will UD. I'll be shocked if IPwnFools and Chronic come back.

Both will be on suicide watch

bevischief
10-21-2011, 05:03 AM
Both will be on suicide watch

ROFL

SenselessChiefsFan
10-21-2011, 05:05 AM
The worst part about this trade is that I originally was okay with a loss in Oakland. Yes, it would have been painful, but the chiefs aren't winning the Super Bowl this year, or even the West, or even the wild card, or even 8 games.

Anyhoo.... Now, with the Raiders giving up their first, I want to see the Raiders tank and end up with a higher pick than KC. Torn.

bevischief
10-21-2011, 06:03 AM
http://www.bnd.com/2011/10/20/1909078/carson-palmer-isnt-a-toy-the-raiders.html

Carson Palmer isn't a toy the Raiders should play with
By MARK PURDY - San Jose Mercury News
Bookmark and Share
email this story to a friend E-Mail print story Print
Text Size:

How can I say this forcefully enough? Maybe through multiple choice.

If the Raiders start Carson Palmer at quarterback Sunday, after just three days of practice, they would be:

A. Crazy.

B. Crazier than that.

C. Desperately premature.

D. Prematurely desperate.

E. Risking injury to their new most valuable asset.

F. Risking a greater chance of defeat, which ultimately trumps all of the above.

You will notice that, among the choices, the word "brilliant" is not listed.

Come Sunday, I realize that this could all be moot. Palmer's cleats may never touch the field at O.co Coliseum against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Yet as of Wednesday afternoon, barely 24 hours after Palmer joined the Raiders in a stunning trade with the Cincinnati Bengals, there were enough hints that he indeed will take snaps in the game. Perhaps even the first snap.

Most of those hints were contained in a Kansas City radio station interview with Al Saunders, the Raiders' offensive coordinator. The craggy Saunders, a San Jose State graduate and longtime NFL staffer, is generally a no-nonsense guy. But when he was asked by the radio hosts to describe what he needed to see out of Palmer to prove he was worthy of playing, Saunders tried to make a joke.

"As long as he's breathing," Saunders said to a laughing reaction.

As if to clarify, Saunders also said of Palmer's immediate starting chances: "It just depends on how quickly he feels comfortable in what we're doing, and that shouldn't take long."

Saunders is right. It shouldn't take long. But three days?

Palmer has not been in uniform since early January. But after eight seasons as a good and occasionally great NFL quarterback, he has not forgotten how to play the position. It's wishful thinking, though, to believe he needs just three days to digest the playbook before diving right into the zone-blitz mayhem. After such a long layoff? That's asking for ... well, something. Perhaps not trouble. But a potential minor or major traffic accident.

Learning a new NFL offense with a new team is not like learning a new route to the grocery store. It's more like entering a grocery store where all the groceries have labels in a foreign language and are in entirely different aisles.

And that doesn't even include the physical fitness part. Palmer said upon arrival in Oakland that he had thrown some passes during his down time but "not enough." Palmer also said that while he was in good shape, it wasn't the type of NFL shape that allows quarterbacks to pick themselves up after a big hit or long scramble and find enough quick oxygen to call the next play.

(Don't laugh. That's a major concern. Peyton Manning of the Colts, now on the disabled list, has been known to train in the offseason by jumping on a treadmill for hours and barking out football signals, to make sure he'll have the breath to do it in games.)

Raiders head coach Hue Jackson, who made the Palmer deal happen and crowed about it afterward, obviously worries about that, too. Jackson conceded as much after Wednesday's practice, in which Palmer took half the snaps with the No. 1 offensive unit. Jackson said that the critical thing was to gauge how Palmer feels Thursday morning, after he wakes up following his first strenuous football day in almost nine months.

"I'm in no rush," Jackson told reporters about making the Palmer decision.

Let's hope Jackson resists the temptation. The schedule, with the Raiders facing a bye week following Sunday's game, is timed almost perfectly for Palmer to gradually work into the starting job. He can practice this week before watching and taking notes this weekend. He can spend next week gearing up his fitness while memorizing the complete playbook. He can then go full-bore to prepare as a starter for the Nov. 6 game against Denver.

And what would be the big hairy problem with doing that? It merely means that serviceable Kyle Boller must start Sunday's game for the Raiders against a Chiefs team that has a 2-3 record, with the two victories coming by narrow margins over two of the league's worst outfits, Minnesota and Indianapolis. If the Chiefs can't be defeated with Boller at quarterback, the Raiders don't deserve a playoff spot, anyway.

I see such a downside if Palmer has to play all four quarters, so soon and so quickly. Too much could go wrong. I can see him, with way-too-rested muscles, pulling a hamstring or ripping a tendon in the second half because he's overdone it. At most, Jackson might install a small package of plays for Palmer and throw him out there for a series or two, so he can gradually grow accustomed again to NFL speed.

Otherwise? We all know the otherwise. Tossed right into the lineup, Palmer could be swallowed up in the pocket by the NFL speed (leading to sacks). The speed could also cause him to underreact by being just a touch slow on his passing motion (leading to interceptions) or overreact by accelerating his arm too quickly (leading to incompletions). And a loss would be likely.

Look, if Palmer is healthy, this trade was a good and strong move by the Raiders. But here is when they will most need him: In the two remaining San Diego games. In tough late-season matchups against Green Bay and Detroit. And with any luck, in the playoffs.

Sunday? Not so much. Even if Palmer does start against the Chiefs, isn't injured and the Raiders win, it won't change my opinion that the risk was too high. I understand why it could happen. When you get a new toy, the tendency is to peel off the wrapping right away and start playing with the darned thing.

Palmer isn't a toy, though. He is now the Raiders' most valuable asset. He doesn't need to be babied. But he does need more than three days.

\

bevischief
10-21-2011, 06:19 AM
The Oakland Raiders had 10 players on Wednesday's injury report and this one now goes to 11 with K Sebastian Janikowski joining the injury report. Here's what the Raiders injury report looks like today:

Did not practice: QB Jason Campbell (collarbone, foot), RB Rock Cartwright (calf), CB Chimdi Chekwa (hamstring), CB Chris Johnson (groin, hamstring), LB Rolando McClain (ankle), RB Marcel Reece (ankle)

Limited practice: TE Richard Gordon (hand), S Michael Huff (ankle), K Sebastian Janikowski (left hamstring), C Samson Satele (ribs)

Full practice: TE Brandon Myers (ribs)

Raider9175
10-21-2011, 06:25 AM
http://www.bnd.com/2011/10/20/1909078/carson-palmer-isnt-a-toy-the-raiders.html

Carson Palmer isn't a toy the Raiders should play with
By MARK PURDY - San Jose Mercury News
Bookmark and Share
email this story to a friend E-Mail print story Print
Text Size:

How can I say this forcefully enough? Maybe through multiple choice.

If the Raiders start Carson Palmer at quarterback Sunday, after just three days of practice, they would be:

A. Crazy.

B. Crazier than that.

C. Desperately premature.

D. Prematurely desperate.

E. Risking injury to their new most valuable asset.

F. Risking a greater chance of defeat, which ultimately trumps all of the above.

You will notice that, among the choices, the word "brilliant" is not listed.

Come Sunday, I realize that this could all be moot. Palmer's cleats may never touch the field at O.co Coliseum against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Yet as of Wednesday afternoon, barely 24 hours after Palmer joined the Raiders in a stunning trade with the Cincinnati Bengals, there were enough hints that he indeed will take snaps in the game. Perhaps even the first snap.

Most of those hints were contained in a Kansas City radio station interview with Al Saunders, the Raiders' offensive coordinator. The craggy Saunders, a San Jose State graduate and longtime NFL staffer, is generally a no-nonsense guy. But when he was asked by the radio hosts to describe what he needed to see out of Palmer to prove he was worthy of playing, Saunders tried to make a joke.

"As long as he's breathing," Saunders said to a laughing reaction.

As if to clarify, Saunders also said of Palmer's immediate starting chances: "It just depends on how quickly he feels comfortable in what we're doing, and that shouldn't take long."

Saunders is right. It shouldn't take long. But three days?

Palmer has not been in uniform since early January. But after eight seasons as a good and occasionally great NFL quarterback, he has not forgotten how to play the position. It's wishful thinking, though, to believe he needs just three days to digest the playbook before diving right into the zone-blitz mayhem. After such a long layoff? That's asking for ... well, something. Perhaps not trouble. But a potential minor or major traffic accident.

Learning a new NFL offense with a new team is not like learning a new route to the grocery store. It's more like entering a grocery store where all the groceries have labels in a foreign language and are in entirely different aisles.

And that doesn't even include the physical fitness part. Palmer said upon arrival in Oakland that he had thrown some passes during his down time but "not enough." Palmer also said that while he was in good shape, it wasn't the type of NFL shape that allows quarterbacks to pick themselves up after a big hit or long scramble and find enough quick oxygen to call the next play.

(Don't laugh. That's a major concern. Peyton Manning of the Colts, now on the disabled list, has been known to train in the offseason by jumping on a treadmill for hours and barking out football signals, to make sure he'll have the breath to do it in games.)

Raiders head coach Hue Jackson, who made the Palmer deal happen and crowed about it afterward, obviously worries about that, too. Jackson conceded as much after Wednesday's practice, in which Palmer took half the snaps with the No. 1 offensive unit. Jackson said that the critical thing was to gauge how Palmer feels Thursday morning, after he wakes up following his first strenuous football day in almost nine months.

"I'm in no rush," Jackson told reporters about making the Palmer decision.

Let's hope Jackson resists the temptation. The schedule, with the Raiders facing a bye week following Sunday's game, is timed almost perfectly for Palmer to gradually work into the starting job. He can practice this week before watching and taking notes this weekend. He can spend next week gearing up his fitness while memorizing the complete playbook. He can then go full-bore to prepare as a starter for the Nov. 6 game against Denver.

And what would be the big hairy problem with doing that? It merely means that serviceable Kyle Boller must start Sunday's game for the Raiders against a Chiefs team that has a 2-3 record, with the two victories coming by narrow margins over two of the league's worst outfits, Minnesota and Indianapolis. If the Chiefs can't be defeated with Boller at quarterback, the Raiders don't deserve a playoff spot, anyway.

I see such a downside if Palmer has to play all four quarters, so soon and so quickly. Too much could go wrong. I can see him, with way-too-rested muscles, pulling a hamstring or ripping a tendon in the second half because he's overdone it. At most, Jackson might install a small package of plays for Palmer and throw him out there for a series or two, so he can gradually grow accustomed again to NFL speed.

Otherwise? We all know the otherwise. Tossed right into the lineup, Palmer could be swallowed up in the pocket by the NFL speed (leading to sacks). The speed could also cause him to underreact by being just a touch slow on his passing motion (leading to interceptions) or overreact by accelerating his arm too quickly (leading to incompletions). And a loss would be likely.

Look, if Palmer is healthy, this trade was a good and strong move by the Raiders. But here is when they will most need him: In the two remaining San Diego games. In tough late-season matchups against Green Bay and Detroit. And with any luck, in the playoffs.

Sunday? Not so much. Even if Palmer does start against the Chiefs, isn't injured and the Raiders win, it won't change my opinion that the risk was too high. I understand why it could happen. When you get a new toy, the tendency is to peel off the wrapping right away and start playing with the darned thing.

Palmer isn't a toy, though. He is now the Raiders' most valuable asset. He doesn't need to be babied. But he does need more than three days.

\

carson Plamer isn't raiders most valueable asset . That would be darren Mcfadden. Who this offense still revolves around. Defintely number2.

Hue Jackson not going to do play Carson Plamer if hes not ready. Carson Palmer is very familiar with Hue jackson offense. He was Palmer OC and Qb coach at USC. The Bengals playbok isn't much diffrent than the raiders.
Just the verbage is diffrent.

I expect carson Palmer to start for the raiders. They are going to run the football alot and throw the passses that carson Plamer very comfortable making. I expect raiders to take alot of chances down the field. Jason Campbell strength was never the deep pass while Palmer can do that extremely well. (corect me if im wrong but aren't the chiefs giving up alot big plays down the field)

Hue Jackson is very good designing plays that put his Qb in very good position. Take last week Kyle boller missing bad wide open recievers all over the field. Hue Jackson Put Jacoby Ford in the backfield with D Mcfadden. The Browns defense didn't know what to do. They send Mcfadden and ford out of the backfield. The3 Browns have no answer as ford takes a dump off and has a very big gain.

MahiMike
10-21-2011, 06:29 AM

Old fart.

Chronic
10-21-2011, 06:47 AM
I wouldn't expect Palmer to have to do much against a very bad Chiefs defense

The Chiefs are 22nd vs the run, dead last in points per game giving up

The Raiders OL is tied for 1st in the NFL

They are #2 in rushing as a team and have the #1 rusher in McFadden

Oakland runs the ball more than any other team in the NFL.. They only throw the ball on average about 29 times a game, and about 15 of those are screens or dumpoffs

They'll dumb it down and just come straight at the Chiefs, its really all you need to do, I'd expect to see Bush get half the carries.. it'll be vanilla, not much motion etc.. They'll just beat the Chiefs up on the LOS, the Raiders are just to physical for the Chiefs to handle in the trenches

I'd venture to guess you'll see a couple deep passes to keep the Chiefs on their heels

Wouldn't be surprised if they go deep on the very 1st play

But those dig routes?, curls? naw.. you wont see much of those until Palmer and the WR's get their timing down, more than likely you'll see those plays come into the game plan after the bye which will give Palmer 2 weeks to get his timing down with the WR's

bevischief
10-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Carson Palmer took big pay cut this year to join Raiders
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 20, 2011, 7:02 PM EDT
Carson Palmer AP

Carson Palmer wasn’t going to fit into the Raiders salary cap structure this year under his old salary.

We knew that his contract would have to be re-worked in some manner, and ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Palmer took a “flat $5 million pay cut” for 2011 to make it happen.

Schefter says Palmer will get $1 million added to his salary in 2012. $5 million of his $12.5 million salary next year is now guaranteed. We wonder if Palmer has a chance to make “back” more money in future years. If not, it shows how desperate he was to get out of Cincinnati now.

After all, taking a $5 million pay cut is still a lot better than making nothing the rest of the year.

UPDATE: Schefter reports Palmer will make $2.5 million the rest of the season. That’s a nice bargain financially in the short term for the Raiders. He was set to make $7.4 million on is prorated contract the rest of the season.

Palmer is due $40.5 million from 2012-2014.

Chronic
10-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Palmer is due $40.5 million from 2012-2014.

Thats simply not going to happen... The Raiders always restructure players contracts

Chiefnj2
10-21-2011, 07:14 AM
Raiders are still 5-6 point favorites with Boller or a QB with 3 practices under his belt. Vegas doesn't think too much of KC's wins over winless teams.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2011, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't expect Palmer to have to do much against a very bad Chiefs defense

The Chiefs are 22nd vs the run, dead last in points per game giving up

The Raiders OL is tied for 1st in the NFL

They are #2 in rushing as a team and have the #1 rusher in McFadden

Oakland runs the ball more than any other team in the NFL.. They only throw the ball on average about 29 times a game, and about 15 of those are screens or dumpoffs

They'll dumb it down and just come straight at the Chiefs, its really all you need to do, I'd expect to see Bush get half the carries.. it'll be vanilla, not much motion etc.. They'll just beat the Chiefs up on the LOS, the Raiders are just to physical for the Chiefs to handle in the trenches

I'd venture to guess you'll see a couple deep passes to keep the Chiefs on their heels

Wouldn't be surprised if they go deep on the very 1st play

But those dig routes?, curls? naw.. you wont see much of those until Palmer and the WR's get their timing down, more than likely you'll see those plays come into the game plan after the bye which will give Palmer 2 weeks to get his timing down with the WR'sSo, if the Chiefs win, are you gonna come back and eat these words, or just make excuses?

Chronic
10-21-2011, 07:50 AM
So, if the Chiefs win, are you gonna come back and eat these words, or just make excuses?

If the Raiders win are you gonna admit you were wrong and that you're jealous the Raiders go out and improve their team while your owner is down in the Bahamas sucking a martini on your dime and basically doesnt give a shit whether you win or not?

DBOSHO
10-21-2011, 08:44 AM
If the Raiders win are you gonna admit you were wrong and that you're jealous the Raiders go out and improve their team while your owner is down in the Bahamas sucking a martini on your dime and basically doesnt give a shit whether you win or not?

It would take the raiders winning 5 superbowls in a row to make me jealous that the raiders gave up 2 firsts for carson fucking palmer lmao

Chronic
10-21-2011, 08:48 AM
It would take the raiders winning 5 superbowls in a row to make me jealous that the raiders gave up 2 firsts for carson ****ing palmer lmao

The Chiefs gave up the 34th pick for Cassel

The Raiders pick will be around 26 that they would have given for Palmer

An 8-10 slot difference

Ya kinda look a little stupid right about now dontcha?

mcaj22
10-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Raiders pick will be 26?!?!?! That means you think they are making the Divisional Round of the playoffs AT LEAST?

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA

The Bad Guy
10-21-2011, 08:57 AM

An 8-10 slot difference

Why do Raider fans like to put themselves in the NFL elite? You are picking far closer to 18 than you are 26.

You are also failing to acknowledge that you also at worst are giving up a 2nd rounder on top of that pick.

You carry on like this is a slam dunk of a trade. Palmer's arm strength and accuracy has declined each year. You think that he's going to come in, be in sync with the playbook and the receivers in 1-2 weeks?

If Carson Palmer takes the customary 4 weeks to get up to speed with the Raiders playbook, like the length of a preseason, then the Raiders have zero chance at the post-season this year.

SAUTO
10-21-2011, 09:01 AM

An 8-10 slot difference

you keep forgetting that other pick you guys gave up for palmer

FringeNC
10-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Forgot about this. He never had the surgery.

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is unlikely to play another game in the 2008 season but he will delay a decision on whether to have surgery to repair a "frayed" ligament in his right throwing elbow, sources told ESPN.
Palmer's injury is to one portion of the ulnar collateral ligament and he has been told that Tommy John surgery would repair the problem with positive results, the sources said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3662707

Chronic
10-21-2011, 09:24 AM
you keep forgetting that other pick you guys gave up for palmer

Not really

when you consider the Chiefs had 12 2nd rd picks the last 10 years and only 3 of them have stuck.. and thats only because they havent reached their 3rd year which by then they get the axe for suckage anyways

mcaj22
10-21-2011, 09:24 AM
that's why Palmer cant throw it 70 yards anymore, he's the dink and dunk king because he has a string for an arm choosing not to get Tommy John surgery, because he'd probably miss almost 2 seasons of football

Chronic
10-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Raiders are tied for 1st in the NFL for least amount of sacks given up- Raiders OL is stomping mud holes in teams ass

Expect Palmer to f*ck that Chiefs secondary so hard the bottoms gonna fall out

The Bad Guy
10-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Not really

when you consider the Chiefs had 12 2nd rd picks the last 10 years and only 3 of them have stuck.. and thats only because they havent reached their 3rd year which by then they get the axe for suckage anyways

The Chiefs drafting has nothing to do with how stupid that trade was. Nothing.

Marcellus
10-21-2011, 10:08 AM

Pretty funny shit huh?

Arguing with anyone who thinks the trade was a good one is a waste of time because they are obviously dumber than a box of Al Davis' old track suits.

RINGLEADER
10-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Why do Raider fans like to put themselves in the NFL elite? You are picking far closer to 18 than you are 26.

You are also failing to acknowledge that you also at worst are giving up a 2nd rounder on top of that pick.

You carry on like this is a slam dunk of a trade. Palmer's arm strength and accuracy has declined each year. You think that he's going to come in, be in sync with the playbook and the receivers in 1-2 weeks?

If Carson Palmer takes the customary 4 weeks to get up to speed with the Raiders playbook, like the length of a preseason, then the Raiders have zero chance at the post-season this year.

I work next to a die-hard Bengals fan. Loves Cincy in the same way I love the Chiefs. He said Palmer's problem was less his arm then it was his legs and that ever since his knee injury he just wasn't the same player and was much more tentative in taking a hit.

Since that injury his QB rating is 83.12. For comparison, during the same period as a starter, Cassel is 85.5.

Unless he's changed, of course. ;)

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 10:33 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NmZRDUO1wGQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 10:34 AM
I work next to a die-hard Bengals fan. Loves Cincy in the same way I love the Chiefs. He said Palmer's problem was less his arm then it was his legs and that ever since his knee injury he just wasn't the same player and was much more tentative in taking a hit.

Since that injury his QB rating is 83.12. For comparison, during the same period as a starter, Cassel is 85.5.

Unless he's changed, of course. ;)
Of course Cassell is better, My God didn't you guys pay 60 million + for him?

DBOSHO
10-21-2011, 10:37 AM

An 8-10 slot difference

You and the rest of the raider faithful have been embarassing yourself throughout this entire thread.

Sonic Cowboy-Raider
10-21-2011, 10:39 AM
“He walked out on the field yesterday and everybody kind of looked at everybody and said, ‘You know what? This [Carson Palmer] is a real quarterback,’” [Al] Saunders said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/raiders-coordinator-hints-carson-palmer-will-start-sunday/

Ugly Duck
10-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Palmer's arm strength has declined each year.

Raiders have zero chance at the post-season this year.

Palmer's arm strength is OK. He threw for more yardage than Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers did last year. Much of that was cuz he was in "desperation pass mode" cuz the Bengals were trailing - but his arm is alright.

Chronic
10-21-2011, 11:46 AM

It most certainly does slappy

You're b*tching and complaining about the possibiltiy of the Raiders losing a 2nd rd pick, yet the Chiefs have wasted 8 2nd rd picks in 10 years

So why do the Chiefs get some sorta free pass for using 8 2nd rd chips and getting absolutly dick out of it and the Raiders use 1 2nd rd chip and all of a sudden they're the stupid ones

Gotcha

BossChief
10-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Thats simply not going to happen... The Raiders always overpay more than any team in history in regards to players contracts

FYP, dumbshit

Watch Palmer come out and have an average season and the Raiders give him a 100+ million dollar contract.

RaiderJave
10-21-2011, 11:54 AM
You and the rest of the raider faithful have been embarassing yourself throughout this entire thread.

Before he's taken a single snap for Oakland, it's been determined by the Chief faithful that the trade was a complete failure and Palmer will faceplant and wash out before the seasons over.

Ya think you might want to wait a few weeks, or months and see how he plays first? How can you possibly judge a trade without seeing a single result? Or is it just the cool thing to do because there's a hate for the Raiders? A player actually WANTING to play for a team, or a player who just needs a change of scenery could be all he needed to regain his prior form:

Randy Moss(28yrs old), Oakland Raiders
102 receptions, 1558yds 11td's in TWO years

Randy Moss(30-33yrs old), New England Patriots
250 receptions, 3765yds 47td's in THREE years

Yes, I realize were talking Tom Brady but a player who is happy and wants to play hard for his team can make all the difference. Randy was miserable in Oakland and wanted out any way he could. Don't underestimate how hard a player will work for his team when he's in a situation were he's happy and wants to be there.

BossChief
10-21-2011, 12:02 PM
How long do you think its gonna be before Carson has that feeling of "damn, it was better in Cincinatti"? Like Randy had with "I should have stayed in Minnesota GET ME OUT OF THIS SHITHOLE"

FringeNC
10-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Palmer's arm strength is OK. He threw for more yardage than Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers did last year. Much of that was cuz he was in "desperation pass mode" cuz the Bengals were trailing - but his arm is alright.

Palmer still has his savvy as a QB, supposedly he is up there with Brady and Manning in his ability to make pre-snap reads; however, he no longer has a plus arm. It'll be interesting to see how he does. At this stage of his career, he is Chad Pennington. Before taking that as an insult, Pennington had some huge years in a system specifically tailored to his strengths. He's simply not a big arm QB anymore.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Before he's taken a single snap for Oakland, it's been determined by the Chief faithful that the trade was a complete failure and Palmer will faceplant and wash out before the seasons over.

Ya think you might want to wait a few weeks, or months and see how he plays first? How can you possibly judge a trade without seeing a single result? Or is it just the cool thing to do because there's a hate for the Raiders? A player actually WANTING to play for a team, or a player who just needs a change of scenery could be all he needed to regain his prior form:

Randy Moss(28yrs old), Oakland Raiders
102 receptions, 1558yds 11td's in TWO years

Randy Moss(30-33yrs old), New England Patriots
250 receptions, 3765yds 47td's in THREE years

Yes, I realize were talking Tom Brady but a player who is happy and wants to play hard for his team can make all the difference. Randy was miserable in Oakland and wanted out any way he could. Don't underestimate how hard a player will work for his team when he's in a situation were he's happy and wants to be there.

Wow... defending the current horrible trade with another HORRIBLE trade.

Well, if all works out, maybe you can get a fourth for Carson in three seasons.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Janikowski may be out for this game due to Hamstring injury.

Man, the Raiders may really struggle this game.

RaiderJave
10-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Wow... defending the current horrible trade with another HORRIBLE trade.

Well, if all works out, maybe you can get a fourth for Carson in three seasons.

Or maybe he'll throw for 350yds 3 touchdowns Sunday. We don't know. We got to actually.....ya know, see him play BEFORE we judge the trade. But whatever, the fan base here is going to hate on the trade regardless. It's the Raiders. Understandable.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Or maybe he'll throw for 350yds 3 touchdowns Sunday. We don't know. We got to actually.....ya know, see him play BEFORE we judge the trade. But whatever, the fan base here is going to hate on the trade regardless. It's the Raiders. Understandable.

What YOU don't understand is that THIS message board would absolutely HATE this trade if the CHIEFS made it.

The Chiefs traded a second round pick for a guy who won 11 games the season before AND Mike Vrabel.... and this place crapped on it.

To trade two picks, including a first AND a second, for a QB who hasn't performed as Cassel did in New England or in KC last year, or even THIS year.....

Yeah, the CP server would melt down.

the Talking Can
10-21-2011, 12:18 PM
every time i remember that this trade actually happened I bust out laughing...

SenselessChiefsFan
10-21-2011, 12:19 PM

Oh, BTW: The ONLY way that this becomes worthy is if the Raiders win the Super Bowl. Otherwise, it is a bad trade.

Part of the reason the Chiefs were where they were is because DV traded away early picks AND then also picked players like Ryan Sims.

You are going to have busts, everyone is..... but the key to having good young talent to grow and build is draft picks. And, the Raiders have two left next year, and are at least missing a second the year after that.

I don't care if Palmer sets the record in a game for passing yards.... it still isn't a good trade.

Now, if the Raiders win a Super Bowl with Palmer, then I will completely change my tune. Do you think that is happening?

BossChief

most here dont hate on the trade. He will help your team, no doubt.

The question is to what level will he help?

Will he help them more than the two picks they will give up that will leave your team hurting BADLY in a couple years?

Pure and simple, you guys paid for a 27 year old quarterback with no injury problems and got a 32 year old quarterback with injury issues to his two most important parts of his body in relevance to his job.

If going to Oaklannd will suddenly help him not play scared to take a hit, or somehow increase his arm strength after his elbow injury.....more power to ya.

I, for one, hope the trade works out for you guys, I hate seeing our teams play each other as bad teams the last few and it would be really nice to see us with something to play for when we meet each other.

SenselessChiefsFan
every time i remember that this trade actually happened I bust out laughing...

This might be second only to a Chiefs Super Bowl victory in terms of football joy.

dirk digler
10-21-2011, 12:20 PM

Man, the Raiders may really struggle this game.

That will probably be more important to the actual game than who plays QB

chiefqueen
10-21-2011, 12:22 PM

I don't think he will b/c according to ESPN he is now not starting Sun.

Chronic
10-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Oh, BTW: The ONLY way that this becomes worthy is if the Raiders win the Super Bowl. Otherwise, it is a bad trade.

Part of the reason the Chiefs were where they were is because DV traded away early picks AND then also picked players like Ryan Sims.

You are going to have busts, everyone is..... but the key to having good young talent to grow and build is draft picks. And, the Raiders have two left next year, and are at least missing a second the year after that.

I don't care if Palmer sets the record in a game for passing yards.... it still isn't a good trade.

Now, if the Raiders win a Super Bowl with Palmer, then I will completely change my tune. Do you think that is happening?

If the Raiders win 1 playoff game with Palmer it'll be more than the Chiefs ever did since Reagan was in office

mlyonsd
10-21-2011, 12:29 PM

Man, the Raiders may really struggle this game.Local raider fan here at work says sea bass is out.

SPchief
10-21-2011, 12:30 PM
If the Raider win one playoff game? Don't they have to get to the playoffs to win a playoff game?

Lzen
10-21-2011, 12:41 PM
If the Raiders win 1 playoff game with Palmer it'll be more than the Chiefs ever did since Reagan was in office

You sure don't care about facts. :rolleyes:

Idiot.

TheGuardian
10-21-2011, 12:46 PM
No Palmer this week. No Jano. Stack the box and make McFraud suck our dick.

BossChief
10-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Wasn't Bill Clinton the president?...or was it still Bush 1?

It sure as fuck wasnt Reagan.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2011, 12:51 PM
So is brokedick playing or not?

the Talking Can
10-21-2011, 12:51 PM
I've looked at the Raider defensive stats....what am I missing?

in most categories they are worse than us....

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 12:52 PM

So the Chiefs have had 40 continuous years of bad trades?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2011, 12:52 PM

They're really not that good of a football team, period.

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 12:53 PM
So is brokedick playing or not?

If Jamarcus was playing, his fat ass could beat the Chiefs (again)

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2011, 12:54 PM
If Jamarcus was playing, his fat ass could beat the Chiefs (again)

Great draft pick.

Priest31kc
10-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Alright, so we get Kyle Boller. Cool.

R8RFAN
Great draft pick.
And we still beat your ass with that slug

TheGuardian

That's what I thought as well.

I was wondering if I was mistaken, but I didn't check again.

Defense -

yards per game - 369 to 416 in favor of the Chiefs

run defense per game - 113 to 119 in favor of the Raiders, HOWEVER the Raiders give up 4.9 a pop. The Chiefs give up 3.8 a pop.

Passing yards a game - 249 to 283 a game.

So where is it that the Raiders are so much better on defense??????

They aren't.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2011, 12:57 PM
And we still beat your ass with that slug

But you still suck. WTF is wrong with you? lmao

Priest31kc

Defense -

run defense per game - 113 to 119 in favor of the Raiders, HOWEVER the Raiders give up 4.9 a pop. The Chiefs give up 3.8 a pop.

They aren't.

And we're w/out arguably our best defensive player.

R8RFAN
But you still suck. WTF is wrong with you? lmao

ROFLROFLROFL

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 12:59 PM
It will be Boller

http://www.raiderfans.org/oakland-raiders-news/4305-raiders-%7C-carson-palmer-not-ready.html

BossChief
10-21-2011, 12:59 PM
So the Chiefs have had 40 continuous years of bad trades?

Yeah, pretty much.

And most of us were smart enough to be able to see that they were bad trades...raider fans on the other hand...

"I WOULDZ OF TRADEZED 4 FOIST RUND PACKS TO GETZ THE BEZTEST QUARTAWBAWK EVAH...WE ROBBED THOSE FOOLZ"

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2011, 01:01 PM

Let your three best players walk via free agency, get rid of your coach that lead you to 8 wins which is like winning the Super Bowl for the Raiders nowadays, trade two high picks for a QB that hasn't been good since 2005. That right there, ladies and gentlemen, is commitment to excellence. Just win baby. Great organization.

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah, pretty much.

And most of us were smart enough to be able to see that they were bad trades...raider fans on the other hand...

"I WOULDZ OF TRADEZED 4 FOIST RUND PACKS TO GETZ THE BEZTEST QUARTAWBAWK EVAH...WE ROBBED THOSE FOOLZ"

Well I guess then that Chief fans would certainly be able to spot suckage a mile away huh?

TheGuardian
10-21-2011, 01:02 PM

Yeah you can easily dial this defense up quite a bit with Berry in there.

BossChief
10-21-2011, 01:02 PM

and two of the best players we had on offense to sustain drives.

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah you can easily dial this defense up quite a bit with Berry in there.

Don't start with the excuses

BossChief
10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Well I guess then that Chief fans would certainly be able to spot suckage a mile away huh?

no argument there, either.

That's why most of us would be well beyond pissed if we had made that trade.

Carson Palmer is fools gold.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Who would have figured it would be Carson Palmer to reamp the Chiefs/Raiders rivalry.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Who would have figured it would be Carson Palmer to reamp the Chiefs/Raiders rivalry.

It's not him, it's the fans that thought they were Super Bowl bound even with freakin' Jason Campbell. ROFL

R8RFAN
In the past two games, the Texans and Browns were 15-of-43 for 185 yards and a touchdown and a 56.8 quarterback rating against the blitz

the Talking Can

Defense -

They aren't.

yeah

this game is all about whether or not we can stop McFadden...if they bully our DL, we'll lose...

but we can run on them, and can they stop Bowe?

this shit will be epic if we win

BossChief
Ill give you guys one thing...I would rather have Carson Palmer than Matt Cassel. They basically have the same weakneses at this point, but Palmer is a better passer.

Now, would I give up what you guys did to get that minor improvement? HELL NO.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2011, 01:07 PM
In the past two games, the Texans and Browns were 15-of-43 for 185 yards and a touchdown and a 56.8 quarterback rating against the blitz

Those are some badass teams you beat right there. 4-2 paper tigers.

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Ill give you guys one thing...I would rather have Carson Palmer than Matt Cassel. They basically have the same weakneses at this point, but Palmer is a better passer.

Now, would I give up what you guys did to get that minor improvement? HELL NO.

Well if you guys are satisfied with "next year" every year than that's great... The Raiders are not.

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Those are some badass teams you beat right there. 4-2 paper tigers.

both of them would beat the Chiefs like a drum man... Seriously

Priest31kc
10-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Don't start with the excuses

No excuses. This defense was designed around Berry, his loss is huge. Its like the Steelers w/out Polamalu. Im just saying the Raiders are worse defensively than the Chiefs, and the Chiefs are without their most important defensive player. You guys suck.

BossChief
10-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Well if you guys are satisfied with "next year" every year than that's great... The Raiders are not.

The Raiders are always looking to fuck up next year, this year.

ALWAYS

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:11 PM
The Raiders are always looking to **** up next year, this year.

ALWAYS

Well I will be here Sunday, win or lose, I don't want to see you going to a mod trying to get me banned because I told you so.

Marcellus
10-21-2011, 01:12 PM

Thanks to giving away your draft picks, and I do mean giving them away, there will be no "next year we will be better" for the Raiders.

Which will be a harsh reality when in the end of this year you are maybe 8-8 or 9-7.

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks to giving away your draft picks, and I do mean giving them away, there will be no "next year we will be better" for the Raiders.

Which will be a harsh reality when in the end of this year you are maybe 8-8 or 9-7.

No Problem, thanks for giving the Raiders an extra 2 bye weeks this year.

BossChief
10-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Well I will be here Sunday, win or lose, I don't want to see you going to a mod trying to get me banned because I told you so.

Why would you say that? Ive never went to a mod over any problem, ever. I choose to fight it out on here when I have a problem with someone.

Im not going anywhere, I hope its a good game either way.

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Why would you say that? Ive never went to a mod over any problem, ever. I choose to fight it out on here when I have a problem with someone.

Im not going anywhere, I hope its a good game either way.

Not pointing the finger directly at you... Pointing it at those who always run that mouth then try to get people banned when they retaliate... You are actually a very decent poster here which is refreshing and makes arguing fun.

BossChief
10-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Not pointing the finger directly at you... Pointing it at those who always run that mouth then try to get people banned when they retaliate... You are actually a very decent poster here which is refreshing and makes arguing fun.

GET THOSE DIRTY LIPS OFF MY COCK

Buddy Rich
10-21-2011, 01:18 PM
yeah

this game is all about whether or not we can stop McFadden...if they bully our DL, we'll lose...

but we can run on them, and can they stop Bowe?

this shit will be epic if we win

The way the Raiders ABUSED Cassel and that offensive line the last game of last year was pretty scary. Since then you were abused by the Ravens, Lions and Bills. Even with Boller in and Jano out I can't see any way the Raiders lose.

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:20 PM
GET THOSE DIRTY LIPS OFF MY COCK

I applaud fans that stand by their team even when they suck.... I expect yall to defend your own turf.

the Talking Can
10-21-2011, 01:20 PM
The way the Raiders ABUSED Cassel and that offensive line the last game of last year was pretty scary. Since then you were abused by the Ravens, Lions and Bills. Even with Boller in and Jano out I can't see any way the Raiders lose.

i cant see any way that clothes hanger stabbing you in utero didn't determine your life path....

BossChief
10-21-2011, 01:21 PM
We had 151 yards rushing at over 5/clip against the Lions, I wouldn't say they manhandled us.

That was a damn good game till Charles went down.

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:21 PM

They would have to have a total meltdown to lose this game or the Chiefs would have to play the best game they have played in the last 2 years.

It's possible but not likely...

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:22 PM
We had 151 yards rushing at over 5/clip against the Lions, I wouldn't say they manhandled us.

That was a damn good game till Charles went down.

I heard the mascot took Charles out, I didn't see the play... is that true? Did they fire the mascot?

TheGuardian
10-21-2011, 01:23 PM

But the line has played MUCH better the last two games. So it's kind of a toss up.

the Talking Can
10-21-2011, 01:23 PM
the Raiders weren't even good enough to win the division last year

why are their fans here pretending they have accomplished...anything...?

TheGuardian
10-21-2011, 01:24 PM

This is the thing about Raider fans, more than ANY other fan base. When they get to .500 they act like they are the fucking dynasty Patriots. It's fucking insane.

the Talking Can
10-21-2011, 01:25 PM
we're the defending AFC West champions

the Raiders are.....some team that traded 2 firsts for a guy watching 30 Rock reruns...

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:25 PM

Meh a couple of last second fg's killed us last year but that team is a better version of a team that currently owns an 8 game winning streak in the AFC West

BossChief
10-21-2011, 01:26 PM
IMO if Baldwin plays, we win...if he doesnt, it should be a lot closer than most Raider fans think and I would bet one score decides the game.

I dont think you guys have enough in the back 7 of your defense to defend us if we go 3 and 4 wide and that would lead to us being able to take chunks in the running game.

I am really looking forward to the matchup of Seymour and Asamoah...Big Jon did very well against Suh and Suh is much much better than Seymour.

the Talking Can
10-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Meh a couple of last second fg's killed us last year but that team is a better version of a team that currently owns an 8 game winning streak in the AFC West

I'll translate

"we weren't the division champs last year, the Chiefs were..."

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:27 PM
we're the defending AFC West champions

the Raiders are.....some team that traded 2 firsts for a guy watching 30 Rock reruns...

That division championship did not go through the Raiders
Keys to arrowthrumyhead stadium below
https://www.seattleu.edu/uploadedImages/PublicSafety/Services/keys.jpg

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:27 PM
I'll translate

"we weren't the division champs last year, the Chiefs were..."
When are you gonna take advantage of it and actually win another playoff game anyway?

the Talking Can
10-21-2011, 01:28 PM
When are you gonna take advantage of it and actually win another playoff game anyway?

We're the defending AFC West Champions

you're the guys who get fisted in jail cells by dudes named Mary

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:30 PM
We're the defending AFC West Champions*

you're the guys who get fisted in jail cells by dudes named Mary

*= Defending Champs as a result of one of the easiest schedules in the history of football

the Talking Can
10-21-2011, 01:31 PM
*= Defending Champs as a result of one of the easiest schedules in the history of football

we're the defending AFC West Division Champions

you guys are nothing

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:32 PM
WTF?

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1734/captureboe.png

BossChief
10-21-2011, 01:33 PM

the rest of the division had the same schedule, more or less.

We did the best with what we had, obviously.

It really gets old hearing that type of response by division foes' fans.

BossChief
10-21-2011, 01:35 PM
WTF?

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1734/captureboe.png

FYI I bet 10% of that guys posts come straight from a gay porn site.

He also lives in northern California...I bet that guy wants to "get together for a game sometime" with ya....ROFL

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:36 PM
FYI I bet 10% of that guys posts come straight from a gay porn site.

He also lives in northern California...I bet that guy wants to "get together for a game sometime" with ya....ROFL

Well he has about 3000 miles to travel to get to me.

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:37 PM
who is that gochiefstinypenis guy? he is wack too

BossChief
10-21-2011, 01:38 PM
yeah, I think thats a redrum mult or something. Ive gotten some really weird reps from him.

the Talking Can
10-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Boller's stats last time he started:

2009 St. Louis Rams
games 7
starts 4
completion % 55.7
yards 899
TDS 3
INTs 6
QB rating 61.2

this guy is Croyle part deux....he stinks

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I get some awesome rep posts here

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5093/capturenp.png

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Tim Tebow tryout footage

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pmmsr7PAhWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ming the Merciless
10-21-2011, 01:53 PM
The line is Raiders favored by 4.5 points right now on the site I use.

The straight money odds is +190 to the chiefs so thats is ROUGHLY meaning that the Raiders are about 2:1 favorites (66% to 33%)

Seems about right, I wouldnt touch this game at these odds....you'd have to bet over $200 on the raiders to win $100.....

Id be more inclined to bet the opposite...but I am biased so I am not touching this game.

R8RFAN
10-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Quit double posting bitch