PDA

View Full Version : Football A football question about twins

Rain Man
10-20-2011, 06:00 PM
If Rex Ryan is a successful head coach, and if twins have identical genes and upbringing and similar intelligence, does that mean that some team should hire Rob Ryan as a coach? I don't know much about twins, but unless Rob got kicked in the head or something, shouldn't a successful identical twin be a good predictor of success?

lcarus
10-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Well twins can have different personalities and methods. In some cases they can be very different. In this particular case though, I think they are pretty close to the same and Rob probably will end up getting a head coaching gig at some point.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Here's to football!.... and twiiiinnns!!!

Cornstock
10-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Nature vs. Nurture has a lot to do with it. I don't know if you have ever heard of the Freakonomics books and blog, but there is one that takes a detailed look at that sort of thing. I thought the example of the twins named Winner and Loser was really interesting. Winner went on to be a druggy and Loser a CEO.

I dont think they necessarily will have the same amount of coaching knowledge/expertise even if they have the same level of intelligence.

Trevo_410
10-20-2011, 09:52 PM
me and my twin are exact opposites... im brown haired, he's a ginger. I like sports, he likes horses. I like meat, he likes vegetables. he could stand shopping with my parents, i couldn't. he talks to much, im almost near a mute. he doesn't like video games, i can't live without em. I have a 3.6 gpa, he got like a 2.4. im the handsome one, and list goes on but nuff said, we're fraternal not identical, so i guess it don't matter... :)

Rain Man
10-20-2011, 09:59 PM
me and my twin are exact opposites... im brown haired, he's a ginger. I like sports, he likes horses. I like meat, he likes vegetables. he could stand shopping with my parents, i couldn't. he talks to much, im almost near a mute. he doesn't like video games, i can't live without him. I have a 3.6 gpa, he got like a 2.4. im the handsome one, and list goes on but nuff said, we're fraternal not identical, so i guess it don't matter... :)

Yeah, fraternal is a whole different issue. I think you're more similar genetically to a chimp than to a fraternal twin. (Well, not you in particular, and I could be wrong about the basic facts of this, but I'm thinking more identical.)