PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How Well Did The Chiefs Play Today?

Pages : [1] 2

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2011, 05:52 PM
It's an honest question. I listened to the game on the radio while driving. It's always hard to interpret the games through Holtusvision, but it seemed like Johnson was everywhere, Boller was Ryan Leafesque inept, the Raiders coaching staff was brain dead, and Palmer couldn't hit a black hole if he'd crossed the event horizon.

Did the Raiders really run a wildcat play on 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard line?

How did the offense look? Seemed like Cassel had good protection, and his receivers made some good YAC plays, but the running game sounded kind of blah.

Why were the Chiefs shifting and motioning on Asamoah's fumble recovery TD? Seems kind of dumb given they were just going to plow it in.

Was this a game where everything went right for the Chiefs and wrong for the Raiders (that's what it sounded like), or was this a quasi-dominant performance?

Extra Point
10-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Take the win. Don't question Lady Luck.

(Get it? Got it? Good!)

10-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Cassel actually did look a little more improved this week. AFter the first qtr the Chiefs really stuck it to the Raiders.

Titty Meat
I think our line owned them on both sides of the ball besides that 1 drive where we held them on the goal line. Tyson Jackson made an amazing play for a sack, Gregg was good all day, Hali was a beast, DJ is one of the best ILB in the game.

Cassel played like shit he had Baldwin wide open a few times. Bowe owned Routt.

Palmer doesn't have the arm.

Hue Jackson looked like he had a few words for Haley.

Sonic Cowboy-Raider
An exact reversal of Murphy's Law

Everything that could go right for the Chiefs did go right

KcMizzou
Well enough. The secondary kicked ass.

KcMizzou
10-23-2011, 05:55 PM

Everything that could go right for the Chiefs did go rightYou got shut out at home.

Bwana
Hue Jackson looked like he had a few words for Haley.

Yeah, I couldn't understand what he said, but he was butt hurt.

jd1020
I wouldn't say everything went right for the Chiefs. Chiefs D outplayed the Raiders O. They weren't getting "gifts." Game ball goes to the D. They won this game 100%.

Marcellus
10-23-2011, 05:56 PM
It's an honest question. I listened to the game on the radio while driving. It's always hard to interpret the games through Holtusvision, but it seemed like Johnson was everywhere, Boller was Ryan Leafesque inept, the Raiders coaching staff was brain dead, and Palmer couldn't hit a black hole if he'd crossed the event horizon.

Did the Raiders really run a wildcat play on 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard line?

How did the offense look? Seemed like Cassel had good protection, and his receivers made some good YAC plays, but the running game sounded kind of blah.

Why were the Chiefs shifting and motioning on Asamoah's fumble recovery TD? Seems kind of dumb given they were just going to plow it in.

Was this a game where everything went right for the Chiefs and wrong for the Raiders (that's what it sounded like), or was this a quasi-dominant performance?

Cassel played the opposite of his stats if you ask me. 1 horrible INT after we already had a lead but at least it was on a deep pass.

He missed a couple other throws but actually had some big 3rd down passes.

The OL was awesome. The DL was awesome, the DB's were awesome and the Raiders helped out by sucking ass.

The Raiders imploded big time but KC helped that along by playing balls out on defense. DJ and Hali had great games and so did Flowers.

KC also ra a great WC play with Arenas at QB on the goal line.

The play with all the shifting worked fine, McClain just fumbled the damn ball.

stevieray
Chiefs got a couple of lucky bounces that went the other way earlier in the season.

..today, the defense stepped up.

tredadda
Pretty much the entire team played lights out. Except our QB who played meh at best.

Bowser
Defense was nails, running game was decent, Cassel was about average. All that equals a Raiders shutout on their turf.

Pants
10-23-2011, 05:57 PM
6 inteceptions. 28 points. Defense scored 14 of those. Raider QBs were the definition of ineptitude today exacerbated by the fact that DMC was out early. Still, the D played well enough to take advantage of that fact so at least there's that.

Cassel is still complete fucking garbage.

milkman
The Chiefs actually dominated in every phase of the game.

The only thing holding this team back is Matt Cassel.

He didn't play poorly, but neither did he do anything of any merit, and he had all day long in the pocket.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I wouldn't say everything went right for the Chiefs. Chiefs D outplayed the Raiders O. They weren't getting "gifts." Game ball goes to the D. They won this game 100%.

Gotcha. When you hear on the radio that the back fumbles at the one and the RG recovers it after about five seconds in the end zone, which is then followed by a team that just ran the ball down your throats going to the wildcat, I was wondering if the Fates and Hue Jackson had the Chiefs and the under.

Ming the Merciless
10-23-2011, 05:58 PM
defense played well....and got the lucky balls......offense not so much but werent asked to do anything much since the 14-0 lead......

play calling offensively was meh imo

KcMizzou
Defense was nails, running game was decent, Cassel was about average. All that equals a Raiders shutout on their turf.And really.. the Raiders will always be the Raiders.

Dumb as a fucking stump. Some things never change.

Bowser
Cassel did miss his one obligatory pass of the day - a wide-the-fuck open Baldwin on a bootleg. Would have been at least 70? 80? yards for a score had he looked up.

Pants
Cassel played the opposite of his stats if you ask me. 1 horrible INT after we already had a lead but at least it was on a deep pass.

He missed a couple other throws but actually had some big 3rd down passes.

The OL was awesome. The DL was awesome, the DB's were awesome and the Raiders helped out by sucking ass.

The Raiders imploded big time but KC helped that along by playing balls out on defense. DJ and Hali had great games and so did Flowers.

KC also ra a great WC play with Arenas at QB on the goal line.

The play with all the shifting worked fine, McClain just fumbled the damn ball.

Those 'awesome' 3rd down passes were awesome because of the YAC, not because Cassel was throwing amazing passes.

jd1020

He didn't play poorly, but neither did he do anything of any merit, and he had all day long in the pocket.

I consider 15/30 and 0 TD's with 2 INT's pretty ****ing poor. Unless you are comparing todays game to Cassels absolute worst and not QB play from around the league.

warpaint*
+4 turnovers. 2 pick 6's. Raiders completely one dimensional.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-23-2011, 05:59 PM

Everything that could go right for the Chiefs did go right

Not true.... the Chiefs just stomped an Oakland team that quit on Carson Palmer.

At least Carson knows how it feels.

I had a ton of respect for Hue going into that game. I thought the trade for Palmer was stupid, but that's the kind of stuff that most coaches do. That is why they need GM's.

Iconic
We played like Baltimore today. All defense - very little offense... And TJ shouldn't receive any more carries Period.

milkman
Wait, I think Cassel is still in the pocket as we speak.

Sannyasi
The Raiders secondary looked like absolute shit, and Breaston and Bowe came to play. Cassel got in a bit of a groove, the way he does when there's no pressure and everything is going well. The Raiders looked like they didn't know they were going to be playing a football game today.

Titty Meat
Anyone else feel good about Baldwin? I think the guy is going to be a beast.

Hammock Parties
Defense was great.

Offense was below average for the most part.

Demonpenz
10-23-2011, 06:00 PM
it was nice to see chiefs catch a possible pick six instead of dropping them. raiders were dumb with penalties, terrible qb play, and terrible qb play

Bane
Cassel was bailed out by the D again.The end.

|Zach|

Agreed. His mistakes seemed very run of the mill needing to get up to speed type stuff.

Bowser

Yes. We have a potentially scary good 3 WR set with him, Bowe, and Breaston.

Marcellus
Cassel did miss his one obligatory pass of the day - a wide-the-**** open Baldwin on a bootleg. Would have been at least 70? 80? yards for a score had he looked up.

Yea that was bad but honestly he played better than he has in many games where his stat line looked better.

He hardly checked down and they threw down field more than I can remember happening in recent history.

He made some big throws on 3rd down as well.

I don;t think he is the answer but the people hating on him in this game aren't looking at it openly.

milkman
I consider 15/30 and 0 TD's with 2 INT's pretty ****ing poor. Unless you are comparing todays game to Cassels absolute worst and not QB play from around the league.

Let me clarify.

He didn't play poorly for Cassel.

He made a couple of good throws that extended drives.

munkey
10-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Defense was great.

Offense was below average for the most part.

Really? I thought the Offense was truly offensive.. :p

tredadda
10-23-2011, 06:02 PM
The Raiders secondary looked like absolute shit, and Breaston and Bowe came to play. Cassel got in a bit of a groove, the way he does when there's no pressure and everything is going well. The Raiders looked like they didn't know they were going to be playing a football game today.

They only suited up two CB's, what do you expect?

Bowser
10-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Yea that was bad but honestly he played better than he has in many games where his stat line looked better.

He hardly checked down and they threw down field more than I can remember happening in recent history.

I don;t think he is the answer but the people hating on him in this game aren't looking at it openly.

Yeah, that's agreeable. But one question - why was he making 50 yard throws to receivers that were 7 yards away? Everything he threw looked like it was as hard as he could throw it.

chiefzilla1501
10-23-2011, 06:03 PM

Fully agree with this.
Wide receivers played not just good, but exceptionally well. Those 3rd down conversions were a lot more about receivers' second effort than the QB

Playcalling was solid

Our front 7 is starting to play very well. They absolutely dominated on the goal line. O-line once again played well (Haley has GOT to stop starting the game out with Thomas Jones)

Secondary was terrific, but then, that might be more because of the QBs.

Cassel... made all the open throws. But even on his completions, at least a quarter of them were inaccurate. And he missed a ton of open ones downfield. I think we see that he's clearly a serviceable starter but nothing more. We could do a lot worse, but we could also do a lot better.

munkey
10-23-2011, 06:03 PM

:homer:

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't call the Chiefs dominant but they made plays and deserved the big win. The offense found the way to move the ball. Matt was really hot and cold within the game. Usually he is on or off for a whole game but this was a mix.

I was encouraged by some of the long runs we made but we have to do a better job of limiting negative yardage on runs that don't work out. You don't have to get 8 yards every carry but stop getting stuck in the backfield.

I reject the idea that everything came up Millhouse for the Chiefs and they were given everything. They outplayed that team and were in positions to make good plays.

Marcellus
Let me clarify.

He didn't play poorly for Cassel.

He made a couple of good throws that extended drives.

I have been trying to say that. He missed some passes but didn't check down, tried to throw down field and had some big 3rd down throws.

I am curios to see if this is a shift in focus or whether Oakland being down to some shit CB's was the reason.

I guess next week will tell.

|Zach|

Losing begets losing.

jd1020
Cassel... made all the open throws. But even on his completions, at least a quarter of them were inaccurate. And he missed a ton of open ones downfield. I think we see that he's clearly a serviceable starter but nothing more. We could do a lot worse, but we could also do a lot better.

I must be blind.

Ming the Merciless
10-23-2011, 06:05 PM
also, as usual people are exaggerating matt cassell's play......he threw some good balls....one of the better ones that no one seems to mention is he hit leonard pope with a lazer that he dropped, wouldve been a 1st down......a back breaker.

he also through some crappers, but mostly just playing it ULTRA safe bdcause of the lead...and one of the picks was just a hail mary with no time...

i'd say about a C overall but we didnt ask or need him to do anything today

battle looked OK....

the thing thats holding us back to me is lack of a consistent run game /TE

battle gives hope....and i hope the d plays half as good

munkey
Yeah, that's agreeable. But one question - why was he making 50 yard throws to receivers that were 7 yards away? Everything he threw looked like it was as hard as he could throw it.

Maybe because he sucks? .... just a thought...

HemiEd
6 inteceptions. 28 points. Defense scored 14 of those. Raider QBs were the definition of ineptitude today exacerbated by the fact that DMC was out early. Still, the D played well enough to take advantage of that fact so at least there's that.

Cassel is still complete ****ing garbage.

This. If the Chiefs had a QB with with red blood and a pulse between 60 and 120, it would have been 48 to 0.

Marcellus

Trust me I want CAssel gone, just being objective. That doesn't make me a homer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see shit Cassel next Monday.

Bowser
Gotta say that I'm suprised at Jackie Battle. He is a hoss running that ball and doesn't get brought down on the first tackle attempt. He was consistantly getting 3 or four yards when he was hit at the LOS.

lcarus
And really.. the Raiders will always be the Raiders.

Dumb as a ****ing stump. Some things never change.

LOL. What did they have...8 personal foul penalties? You're right. Some things never change.

mcan
10-23-2011, 06:06 PM
We really did play very well.

Yes they ran a SUCCESSFUL 4th and short play where the qb was in the shotgun and the reciever went in motion and stopped under center, took the snap himself and essentially "sneaked" the first down, while the qb did the "oops the all went over my head" fake. The problem was that the reciever didn't wait a full second under center before the ball was snapped, which is an illegal shift.

I felt like neither of the Raider qbs knew saunders offense and looked 'mark brunel' ish circa Redskins years. They just kept throwing horrible balls where it looked like they expected a reciever to be, but they never were.

We didn't dominate the line, but we were pretty solid and our linebackers (especially but not JUST DJ) really looked good in short yardage. Cassel still has a clean jersey for the first time since we signed him from new england, which can't be overstated. He looked sharp formost of the game, with a few excaptions (when throwing on the run mostly)

BigMeatballDave
McFadden must be a giant pussy. His injury didn't look like a big deal.

Deberg_1990
Once Cassel gets acclimated to Baldwins play, he could be something special. He was wide open on several plays and Cassel just flat out missed him. Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin could truly be dynamite.

Ming the Merciless
I must be blind.

nah, youre just an idiot clinging to your opinion instead of admitting you might be wrong, like all the rest

Deberg_1990
10-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Gotta say that I'm suprised at Jackie Battle. He is a hoss running that ball and doesn't get brought down on the first tackle attempt. He was consistantly getting 3 or four yards when he was hit at the LOS.

I like that hes always diving forward, even if he doesnt pick up many yards.

munkey
Losing begets losing.

This win was no more important than the donkey's beating the phish...it was a joke...

jd1020
nah, youre just an idiot clinging to your opinion instead of admitting you might be wrong, like all the rest

Get back to me when Cassel does something of note.

Demonpenz
Baldwin so green it is going to take him awhile to get going, but he atleast got open and caught the ball. I don't remember Mike Williams doing that at all, and that is who I thought Baldwin was (at worst) going to be like.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 06:08 PM
This win was no more important than the donkey's beating the phish...it was a joke...

Sucks to be you then.

warpaint*
I guess you could say Cassel's serviceable in the sense that it's possible to win w/ him if you are good enough around him but that's really hard to do consistently in the NFL. QB play needs to be better than what he brings to the table for the most part. Hopefully Stanzi develops.

the Talking Can
both lines dominated

DJ played like Ray Lewis

the raiders self destructed in every way possible...like our monday night meltdown...one of our scoring drives basically consisted of raider penalties

Cassel made some good throws, but also missed seeing a wide open Baldwin for a td because he was panicking, threw one of the dumbest ints you'll see after standing in the pocket unpressured for 8 secs, threw several passes out of bounds in the first half, led us to 7 points in the first half...basically he was the glaring weak link he has always been and he still shits his pants under pressure

if we had a real QB, Bowe and Breaston would rape this league to death, the catches they make are amazing...when charles and moeki come back this offense will have sick weapons...but as long as Cassel is our QB this team is spinning its wheels...but pawnsmoker loves Cassel so we're stuck with him forever

Bowe is now an elite WR who looks like he is toying with people...dude is damn near uncoverable and catches everything

Battle - who i ridiculed mercilessly - is actually our best RB and always gets a yard or two after contact...they need to feed him the rock

Bowser

Are you new to football?

KcMizzou
10-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Gotta say that I'm suprised at Jackie Battle. He is a hoss running that ball and doesn't get brought down on the first tackle attempt. He was consistantly getting 3 or four yards when he was hit at the LOS.I'm not surprised, but I'm happy he's holding on to the ball.

Extra Point
10-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Nice to involve McCluster, to the extent that we have some egg-on-face trade bait at the end of the season.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 06:10 PM
both lines dominated

DJ played like Ray Lewis

the raiders self destructed in every way possible...like our monday night meltdown...one of our scoring drives basically consisted of raider penalties

Cassel made some good throws, but also missed seeing a wide open Baldwin for a td because he was panicking, threw one of the dumbest ints you'll see after standing in the pocket unpressured for 8 secs, threw several passes out of bounds in the first half, led us to 7 points in the first half...basically he was the glaring weak link he has always been and he still shits his pants under pressure

if we had a real QB, Bowe and Breaston would rape this league to death, the catches they make are amazing...when charles and moeki come back this offense will have sick weapons...but as long as Cassel is our QB this team is spinning its wheels...but pawnsmoker loves Cassel so we're stuck with him forever

Bowe is now an elite WR who looks like he is toying with people...dude is damn near uncoverable and catches everything

Battle - who i ridiculed mercilessly - is actually our best RB and always gets a yard or two after contact...they need to feed him the rock

Bowe is taking is game to a level that I didn't know could exist for a WR its like....crazy town. If he was in a big market the attention he would get would be off the charts.

Also with Battle...it seems to me Jack Battle is what we wish Thomas Jones was when we signed him no?

Ming the Merciless
Get back to me when Cassel does something of note.

no thanks, i dont reach out to pussies....

besides i am not going to clue you in, ill just let you keep making a fool of yourself and laughing at you

philfree
Chiefs played good enough to win. Nothing less and nothing more.

Can't wait for MNF.

DeezNutz
10-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Our defense looked great, and Boller/Palmer made this element look even better.

Our offense looked ****ing mediocre at best (largely because of QB play). But the Raiders did their best to make this element look better, too.

munkey
Are you new to football?

no...are you? tell me what was so special about this game?

lcarus
Defense played great against a weak opponent. Which is what good defenses SHOULD do. Our offense was not that great, but got the job done. Bowe and Breaston played fantastic. Baldwin showed some promise in his first game. There was a play where he was WIDE open and might have even scored, but Cassel was under pressure, backpedaling, and overall just wasn't looking for anything other than the dumpoff to McClain.

Ming the Merciless
Are you new to football?

no, he is just dumb as hell

Pants
10-23-2011, 06:12 PM

Why are you surprised? You can see him play that way in every preseason game.

|Zach|

It was great hard hitting nasty football game between rivals. If you were not into it then you are a pussy who should watch baseball.

jd1020
no thanks, i dont reach out to pussies....

besides i am not going to clue you in, ill just let you keep making a fool of yourself and laughing at you

You're funny.

Think I'll get you some knee pads for Christmas.

Ming the Merciless

it was an away game against our biggest rival...a divisional game that puts us in position to be our captain of our own ship in the div.

moron'

should i use crayon you diaper shitter

Bowser

If you don't understand the importance of winning a division game on the road, then I can't help you. You actually seem upset we won today. You're not one of those Suck for Luck tards, are you?

KcMizzou
10-23-2011, 06:13 PM
You don't win 28-0 on the road by accident.

Rain Man
My thoughts:

Runners played well for the most part, especially Jackie Battle. He turned a lot of no-gains into three-yard gains. McCluster played well too, avoiding tackles behind and near the line. Arenas also scored a TD on a wildcat. (We got TDs from Arenas, Kendrick Lewis, Flowers, and Asamoah today - that would've been a big win in Vegas.)

Cassel played decently well, above average for him and about average for an NFL quarterback.

Receivers were revving at redline. They played great as a group. Baldwin actually got in and played, too.

Offensive line pass protected well, and probably got beat a little in the run game. See Jackie Battle, above.

Special teams were great, particularly the punt game. I think we downed at least two punts inside the five-yard line.

Defensive backfield played fantastic. The Raiders' QBs were terrible, but our DBs were always in good position, as attested by 6 Ints by 5 different players.

Linebackers were moderately invisible other than DJ, who was fantastic. He and Belcher made back to back great plays on the wonderful goal-line stand. On Belcher's play some D-lineman really blew up the Raiders' o-line, but the stupid modern TV coverage likes to show stars' faces after the play instead of showing the players getting up so you can see who was near the ball. Therefore, I can't tell you which lineman made the great play. Hali kind of got shut down but was still pretty active in disrupting things, and it's not lost on me that the D has been playing great since Studebaker moved back in as the starting LOLB.

The D-line played great. They gave up some runs, but for the most part won the battles and even got some QB pressures. Tyson Jackson keeps getting better and Gregg played well. We didn't see Dorsey very much but I kind of trust that he was doing his job.

Deberg_1990
Boller and Palmer were both god awful. Boller, no excuses, he should probably be selling cars at your local Ford dealer soon.

Palmer will get better as the season goes on, but i certainly didnt see a savior today.

Demonpenz
I would like to see how many plays DJ has blitzed this year, it can't be many. So when he is playing well enough for some average people to say "DJ is playing well" without him interception balls and sacking people, that is awesome. Yes Bowe is going into complete Iron Maiden Mode.

munkey
Our defense looked great, and Boller/Palmer made this element look even better.

Our offense looked ****ing mediocre at best (largely because of QB play). But the Raiders did their best to make this element look better, too.

thank you...someone who understands where i'm coming from....BUT i wouldn't go so far as saying our offense looked fucking mediocre...it was pathetic...fortunately Oaklands offense was even worse...:shake:

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 06:14 PM
If the nature of the game especially at the end did not get your blood pumping then you are an absolute vagina who should sit with munkey like the other vaginas.

munkey
You don't win 28-0 on the road by accident.

the chiefs do...

Ming the Merciless
You're funny.

Think I'll get you some knee pads for Christmas.

thats because when a macho guy puts a beatdown on you , the 1st thing that comes to mind is kneepads and a large hairy man in a costume

the Talking Can
Bowe is taking is game to a level that I didn't know could exist for a WR its like....crazy town. If he was in a big market the attention he would get would be off the charts.

Also with Battle...it seems to me Jack Battle is what we wish Thomas Jones was when we signed him no?

if Bowe had a real QB he would put up freak numbers...

agree on Battle...i was wrong as hell about him...he's not a game breaker but is always getting positive yards and moving the pile forward

munkey
10-23-2011, 06:15 PM
If the nature of the game especially at the end did not get your blood pumping then you are an absolute vagina who should sit with munkey like the other vaginas.

your a moron...lets chat after the next game...

jd1020
thats because when a macho guy puts a beatdown on you , the 1st thing that comes to mind is kneepads and a large hairy man in a costume

The only thing you are beating is Cassels cock.

Bowser
Why are you surprised? You can see him play that way in every preseason game.

Mostly because he hasn't fumbled and has a good burst if given some space. I honestly thought he was pretty well slow-ish. I don't remember him moving the pile like he has been, either. Good on him, hope he has more where that came from.

Rain Man
I would like to see how many plays DJ has blitzed this year, it can't be many. So when he is playing well enough for some average people to say "DJ is playing well" without him interception balls and sacking people, that is awesome. Yes Bowe is going into complete Iron Maiden Mode.

That one catch that Bowe made on the sidelines was incredible. It was only a short reception so it won't make any highlight films, but keeping his feet inbounds and falling out while making the catch was amazing.

Ming the Merciless
10-23-2011, 06:16 PM

cool, rootinng for sandy-eggo ... you are such a pussy

Chiefs=Champions
10-23-2011, 06:16 PM
I think the best part about this game is Palmer. Did anyone think he actually showed anything??

jd1020
10-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Mostly because he hasn't fumbled and has a good burst if given some space. I honestly thought he was pretty well slow-ish. I don't remember him moving the pile like he has been, either. Good on him, hope he has more where that came from.

He's able to move that pile now because that pile isn't diving for the ball he just dropped.

|Zach|

You are the one that is happy when we lose while the rest of us are enjoying football.

Here is the question...how much do you hate yourself? Seems like a whole lot.

Chiefs=Champions
We need to lock up Bowe. ASAP

jd1020
10-23-2011, 06:18 PM
I think the best part about this game is Palmer. Did anyone think he actually showed anything??

He showed he could move the offense better than Boller. Despite the 3 INT's they were actually moving the ball.

tredadda
Cassel played lights out in comparison to Boller and Palmer but did not play well by normal standards.

crispystl
Yes. We have a potentially scary good 3 WR set with him, Bowe, and Breaston.

Imagine the offense with Baldwin, Bowe, Moaeki, Breaston, and CHARLES that's would be sick. Too bad we don't have a QB.

the Talking Can
10-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Bowe is going to get paid sick money....

jd1020

He's going to be franchised. No need to worry about locking him up. Carr needs to be locked up.

GordonGekko

Imagine Bowe with an Aaron Rodgers type talent throwing him the rock. Holy Hell!!

Deberg_1990
10-23-2011, 06:20 PM
He showed he could move the offense better than Boller. Despite the 3 INT's they were actually moving the ball.

Thats the same thing he has done in Cinci the past few years. Move the football, but turns it over when it matters. Dude hasnt changed.

GordonGekko
Imagine the offense with Baldwin, Bowe, Moaeki, Breaston, and CHARLES that's would be sick. Too bad we don't have a QB.

Or a HC

tredadda
We need to lock up both Bowe and Carr. That is what all the money we have under the cap is supposed to be for or so I am told.

Chiefs=Champions
10-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Bowe is going to get paid sick money....

He deserves every last penny. Cant think of two more deserving multi millionaires than Bowe and Hali. Get er done Scott.

Ming the Merciless
Or a HC

or some intelligent people posting

warpaint*

Heck no. But how could he given how long he's been there.

I am skeptical as to what he has left but it won't really show itself for a few weeks once he's a little more acclimated to their system.

jd1020
10-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Thats the same thing he has done in Cinci the past few years. Move the football, but turns it over when it matters. Dude hasnt changed.

I'll give it a little time though. In Cincy he was dealing with a headcase WR for years and then he dealt with 2. He hasn't had time to really work with his receivers in Oakland yet. He's got the skills to be successful though. People bring up the knee injury but it wasn't really the knee injury that did him in. It was the elbow.

milkman
10-23-2011, 06:23 PM
thank you...someone who understands where i'm coming from....BUT i wouldn't go so far as saying our offense looked ****ing mediocre...it was pathetic...fortunately Oaklands offense was even worse...:shake:

The fact is, the offense is stuck in neutral because of Cassel.

There are weapons that made plays today, and if they had a legitimate QB throwing them the ball, then this offense would be dangerous.

So you aren't wrong, but neither are you right.

Fix the QB position, and the offense takes a huge step froward.

keg in kc
10-23-2011, 06:24 PM
I thought the biggest difference might have been coaching. The Raiders made some really questionable decisions offensively that I thought took them out of the game early.

Either way, the Chiefs beat them in every way you could beat a team. Both lines dominated, they couldn't stop the run, they couldn't stop the pass, they couldn't score, they couldn't do anything on special teams, they were outcoached, outhustled, outplayed and essentially mandhandled. It was basically a full pendulum swing from the game that ended last season.

milkman
10-23-2011, 06:25 PM
He's going to be franchised. No need to worry about locking him up. Carr needs to be locked up.

I've said this several times today.

Carr was an absolute blanket out there today.

Chiefnj2
The O goes into a shell when they have a small lead. Didn't like the approach at all. The end of the first half was a joke. They will need to be a lot more aggressive against SD, NYJ, NE, etc.

Extra Point
McFadden and Campbell weren't playing today, in top form. Raider coaching staff was lost, so they, well, lost.

Chief3188
10-23-2011, 06:26 PM

He had a nice a 6 or 7 seconds on that 2nd pick that he threw and probably could have had another couple of seconds as well.

Cassel sucks but at least now we have more than one player at the WR position to help him out on his sucking problem. That could cover up a couple of the flaws that he has but one thing is for sure is that we are setting up to have a real nice offense for a young QB to step into which should hopefully happen soon (Soon being sometime next year).

milkman
10-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Or a HC

We have a HC.

You just don't recognize it yet.

munkey
10-23-2011, 06:28 PM
You are the one that is happy when we lose while the rest of us are enjoying football.

Here is the question...how much do you hate yourself? Seems like a whole lot.

no...i don't hate anyone...let alone myself. i'm just not going to say this was a good game by our offense...it was terrible...

aturnis
10-23-2011, 06:28 PM

Not just 15/30 and 0 TD's with 2 INT's, but for only 161yds!

Chief3188
10-23-2011, 06:29 PM
McFadden and Campbell weren't playing today, in top form. Raider coaching staff was lost, so they, well, lost.

Yeah neither was Jamal Charles, Eric Berry ( 2 pro bowlers last I checked ) or Tony Moeaki for us. Not to mention today was the first game our 1st round pick has stepped foot on the field since the 2nd preseason game for us.

milkman
The O goes into a shell when they have a small lead. Didn't like the approach at all. The end of the first half was a joke. They will need to be a lot more aggressive against SD, NYJ, NE, etc.

I really believe that, as much as anything, demonstrates just how little confidence that Haley has in Cassel.

I just don't see Haley going into that shell with Warner.

aturnis
It also helped that the Raiders were without a competent QB, Darren McFadden went down in the 1st, and Rolando McClain went down in what, the 2nd?

tredadda
10-23-2011, 06:30 PM

We also didn't have Charles or Moeaki so the loss of McFadden and Campbell can't be used as an excuse for their awful play.

Rausch
10-23-2011, 06:30 PM
We have a HC.

He doesn't have a winning record yet...

munkey
10-23-2011, 06:31 PM
The fact is, the offense is stuck in neutral because of Cassel.

There are weapons that made plays today, and if they had a legitimate QB throwing them the ball, then this offense would be dangerous.

So you aren't wrong, but neither are you right.

Fix the QB position, and the offense takes a huge step froward.

I agree...but this will NEVER change so I'm left to bitching about it :p

the Talking Can
It also helped that the Raiders were without a competent QB, Darren McFadden went down in the 1st, and Rolando McClain went down in what, the 2nd?

is this a joke?

Bowlbound nextyear
Great to see the unexpected win but we still have some way to go if we're gonna make the playoffs. Cassell was solid but not above average. If we'd focus on the running lanes and simplify the pass game, we'd be better off. Nothing better than smack talking mesican fans lol

Deberg_1990
10-23-2011, 06:32 PM

Did it help the Raiders we were without Charles, Berry and Moeki?

stonedstooge
10-23-2011, 06:33 PM
I was kind of disappointed that McFadden didn't get to play the whole game. It would have given everyone a better idea of just where the Chiefs defense really stands against the run

munkey
10-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Yeah neither was Jamal Charles, Eric Berry ( 2 pro bowlers last I checked ) or Tony Moeaki for us. Not to mention today was the first game our 1st round pick has stepped foot on the field since the 2nd preseason game for us.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OT7xc_XqYO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowlbound nextyear
10-23-2011, 06:34 PM
We also didn't have Charles or Moeaki so the loss of McFadden and Campbell can't be used as an excuse for their awful play.

They went down weeks ago, though. Making adjustments during the week and during the game are different thinngs.

Bowlbound nextyear
10-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Did it help the Raiders we were without Charles, Berry and Moeki?

Did Al Davus make another blockbuster trade?

GordonGekko
10-23-2011, 06:36 PM
We have a HC.

I suppose, if you like guys who 'sneak' teams into the playoffs where they get DVDA crushed

munkey
10-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Great to see the unexpected win but we still have some way to go if we're gonna make the playoffs. Cassell was solid but not above average. If we'd focus on the running lanes and simplify the pass game, we'd be better off. Nothing better than smack talking mesican fans lol

WTF was solid about Cassell's play? Tell me...please. What were his stat's today?

tredadda
10-23-2011, 06:39 PM

15/30 with 0 TDs and 2 Ints is solid?

HemiEd
10-23-2011, 06:40 PM

I assumed I had missed the Carr signing, when the announcer said the were both locked up. Or I had forgotten it, both are possible.

:doh!:I seem to remember the Carr extension, but could be wrong.

Lonewolf Ed

The first pick Cassel threw was not a poor decision since it was a last shot before the half, so the pick didn't hurt them. The second one he threw was wretched because he had the best protection of any of the plays on that one and he just made a terrible throw. No excuses there, all of that one is on Cassel.

munkey

Oh....That's SO SOLID...WHAT A QB we have...let me check on Tebow's stats...BRB

Bowlbound nextyear
WTF was solid about Cassell's play? Tell me...please. What were his stat's today?

They weren't 6 picks combined with two returned for td's. He could have played worse than he did is my point. He's being paid like an elite but his production ould be better:mad:

keg in kc
10-23-2011, 06:41 PM
I was kind of disappointed that McFadden didn't get to play the whole game. It would have given everyone a better idea of just where the Chiefs defense really stands against the runI dunno. Bush raped us just about as badly as he usually does. I'm not sure how just how big a difference there would have been.

mdchiefsfan
10-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Honest to God what stalled our drives more than anything other than penalties wasn't Cassel, it was McCluster. They forced fed him and tried to make something out of nothing. You negate most of McCluster's plays we probably would've sustained more drives.

Ming the Merciless
10-23-2011, 06:42 PM

one of the ints was from a hail mary./ play call..........really only one was his fault

but im sure you arent really interested in fairness

Bowlbound nextyear
10-23-2011, 06:42 PM

He didn't lose the game for us basically.

stonedstooge
10-23-2011, 06:43 PM
I dunno. Bush raped us just about as badly as he usually does. I'm not sure how just how big a difference there would have been.

McFadden was leading the league in rushing wasn't he? Would have liked to see how they reacted to the best of the best

tredadda
10-23-2011, 06:44 PM
one of the ints was from a hail mary./ play call..........really only one was his fault

Take out that hail mary interception then. Now he was 15/29 with 0 TDs and 1 Int. Also still under 200 yds passing. Better? :rolleyes:

munkey
10-23-2011, 06:44 PM
T. Tebow: 13/27 161: Average: 6.0 2TD's Rating: 91.7

the Talking Can
10-23-2011, 06:45 PM

in fairness, Cassel's QB rating was 38.3

objectively shitty...no wonder you love this guy

tredadda

He didn't win it for us either. So if he doesn't lose us the game he played solid?

RealSNR
We have a HC.

You just don't recognize it yet.I agree. This was a well-coached game by Haley.

He didn't play chickenshit just because he was on the road against a division rival whose greatest feature is its defensive line. He came out throwing.

This team is starting to realize that Bowe and Breaston really are THAT good and that just because they were a running team with Charles doesn't mean they can keep being a running team without him.

Our best players are Bowe and Breaston and Haley is finally figuring out how to get them involved. It's turning out some not-too-terrible offensive performances. That's how we gotta play now.

milkman
10-23-2011, 06:46 PM
I suppose, if you like guys who 'sneak' teams into the playoffs where they get DVDA crushed

I like teams that play with heart, as the Chiefs are doing now.

You don't play with heart if you don't buy into the program that the HC is selling.

munkey

yep...pretty much what he did last year...until the playoffs...:rolleyes:

stonedstooge
He didn't win it for us either. So if he doesn't lose us the game he played solid?

I think that is the most your going to get out of him

munkey
10-23-2011, 06:48 PM
I agree. This was a well-coached game by Haley.

He didn't play chickenshit just because he was on the road against a division rival whose greatest feature is its defensive line. He came out throwing.

This team is starting to realize that Bowe and Breaston really are THAT good and that just because they were a running team with Charles doesn't mean they can keep being a running team without him.

Our best players are Bowe and Breaston and Haley is finally figuring out how to get them involved. It's turning out some not-too-terrible offensive performances. That's how we gotta play now.

WTF are you smoking? can i have some?

DeezNutz
in fairness, Cassel's QB rating was 38.3

And this is basically all one needs to know about the offensive display today.

We have legit WRs, a "starting RB," and a fucking joke of a QB. Fix the last of these three and look out.

jd1020
Honest to God what stalled our drives more than anything other than penalties wasn't Cassel, it was McCluster. They forced fed him and tried to make something out of nothing. You negate most of McCluster's plays we probably would've sustained more drives.

... McCluster was responsible for 4 first downs on 10 touches, 2 times he was given the ball on 3rd and long. You are stupid.

aturnis
10-23-2011, 06:49 PM
He had a nice a 6 or 7 seconds on that 2nd pick that he threw and probably could have had another couple of seconds as well.

Cassel sucks but at least now we have more than one player at the WR position to help him out on his sucking problem. That could cover up a couple of the flaws that he has but one thing is for sure is that we are setting up to have a real nice offense for a young QB to step into which should hopefully happen soon (Soon being sometime next year).

Soon being later this year! If we can't S-4-L, at least we can have a little Manzi time.

Ming the Merciless
10-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Take out that hail mary interception then. Now he was 15/29 with 0 TDs and 1 Int. Also still under 200 yds passing. Better? :rolleyes:

if it makes you better to use statistics when its convenient...you dont see me calling for the pro bowl when he throws 4 tds in a game.

he wasnt that bad today, was more of the circumstances of the game.....we didnt NEED to throw it, so we did a lot of dink/dunk/throw it away.....

youre just too stupid to interpret statistics correctly or you are just trying too hard to prove your pre existing idea correct

basically you are just a tool

munkey
10-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I like teams that play with heart, as the Chiefs are doing now.

You don't play with heart if you don't buy into the program that the HC is selling.

:spock:

Deberg_1990
... McCluster was responsible for 4 first downs on 10 touches. You are stupid.

He still cant break any tackles, but when hes in space, he can make some moves. He played ok overall today.

tk13
Cassel didn't have a great day today but at least we were taking shots downfield. They came right out and threw it down the sidelines on three straight plays. We attempted to be aggressive. He missed those first four passes and the only two he threw in the 4th quarter, but hey, he was 15-24 in between I guess. That 2nd INT was horrible though.

munkey
10-23-2011, 06:51 PM
if it makes you better to use statistics when its convenient...you dont see me calling for the pro bowl when he throws 4 tds in a game.

he wasnt that bad today, was more of the circumstances of the game.....we didnt NEED to throw it, so we did a lot of dink/dunk/throw it away.....

youre just too stupid to interpret statistics correctly or you are just trying too hard to prove your pre existing idea correct

your a blind homer...the chiefs caught the raiders at the right time...

jd1020
He still cant break any tackles, but when hes in space, he can make some moves. He played ok overall today.

I know. I hate the way the Chiefs use him. Its so ****ing predictable. I can't sit here and expect much from a guy who's constantly getting the ball with 3 defenders meeting him behind the LoS. I don't care who that guy is. He isn't going to be very successful.

aturnis
... McCluster was responsible for 4 first downs on 10 touches, 2 times he was given the ball on 3rd and long. You are stupid.

2nd that. I hate stupid ppl on message boards. Sometimes, when I look back, I end up hating myself a little, but not a whole lot.

milkman

Please elaborate.

DeezNutz

There's nothing convenient about this.

Thankfully, Cassel was a non-factor. However, his second interception was a perfect microcosm of his ineptitude, and most Chiefs fans recognize this.

Ming the Merciless
10-23-2011, 06:52 PM

what does that have to do with what i said? im not saying the chiefs are a great team or anyhting....

theyre playing with heart and passion and fight

Marcellus
And this is basically all one needs to know about the offensive display today.

We have legit WRs, a "starting RB," and a ****ing joke of a QB. Fix the last of these three and look out.

Starting RB? Battle wouldn't start on 30 other teams.

Cassel is still an issue but he played much better than his 38 rating. He had a HM pick and a terrible pick.

He didn't throw any TD's because he never needed too even though he got bowe to the half inch line.

If you want to rape him on games he played scared shitless and had a good QB rating then fine but today he played decent despite the 38 rating.

Pablo
It was great hard hitting nasty football game between rivals. If you were not into it then you are a pussy who should watch baseball.Or soccer.

SPchief
10-23-2011, 06:53 PM

Honest question, when do you root for the Chiefs?

aturnis
10-23-2011, 06:53 PM

:rolleyes: He didn't throw it away 50% of the time, I guarantee it.

Ming the Merciless
10-23-2011, 06:54 PM
There's nothing convenient about this.

Thankfully, Cassel was a non-factor. However, his second interception was a perfect microcosm of his ineptitude, and most Chiefs fans recognize this.

its only a perfect microcosm if thats how you choose to see it...generally speaking cassel is safe with the football....saying INTS are a microcosm of cassel is so beyond stupid it actually insults stupid people

HemiEd

I'll bite.
He only shit his pants twice? One time after 8 seconds with no pressure, and could have had another 5 seconds, but chose to throw the interception?

Deberg_1990
Cassel didn't have a great day today but at least we were taking shots downfield. They came right out and threw it down the sidelines on three straight plays. We attempted to be aggressive. He missed those first four passes and the only two he threw in the 4th quarter, but hey, he was 15-24 in between I guess. That 2nd INT was horrible though.

They also came out firing on first down in their own endzone....of course he missed the throw or the WR dropped it, dont remember which.

aturnis

I have trouble understanding what you are all spocked about. This team LOVES Haley. Period.

Marcellus
10-23-2011, 06:55 PM
FTR and I don't know how, KC is 3rd in the league on 3rd and long conversion %. That's a legit stat.

Crazy.

Marcellus
They also came out firing on first down in their own endzone....of course he missed the throw or the WR dropped it, dont remember which.

Pope dropped a perfect pass.

Ming the Merciless
:rolleyes: He didn't throw it away 50% of the time, I guarantee it.

you do understand throwing a 'safe' pass when winning versus trying to thread the needle when you are losing?

do you not?

also there were 2 drops at least

milkman
10-23-2011, 06:56 PM

Cassel is still an issue but he played much better than his 38 rating. He had a HM pick and a terrible pick.

He didn't throw any TD's because he never needed too even though he got bowe to the half inch line.

If you want to rape him on games he played scared shitless and had a good QB rating then fine but today he played decent despite the 38 rating.

I think your overstating how well he played.

He didn't play like shit, and he did make a couple of plays.

But if he played at even a moderately good level, this teams scores 40 or more today.

aturnis

Dude leads the team in yards after contact. He's done pretty well this year after initial contact. The plays he gets taken down for little or no gain, more often than not, are the plays where the entire defensive front seven are in the backfield with him.

GordonGekko
Cassel played horribly. If anyone argues any differently, then I have some Nigerian bank accounts with $5 million dollars sitting needing to be unloaded, I just need some 'private' information from them

Marcellus
10-23-2011, 06:57 PM
I think your overstating how well he played.

He didn't play like shit, and he did make a couple of plays.

But if he played at even a moderately good level, this teams scores 40 or more today.

I said he played decent. Better than a 38 rating.

DeezNutz
its only a perfect microcosm if thats how you choose to see it...generally speaking cassel is safe with the football....saying INTS are a microcosm of cassel is so beyond stupid it actually insults stupid people

And you misinterpret my point, while launching an offensive, which actually insults intelligent and stupid people alike. Congrats.

The second INT was a perfect microcosm because he was indecisive and made a terrible decision and throw. In short, it was the triumphant of fail.

munkey

McCluster will be on IR if they keep playing him like they did today...he's just to small...IMO he should be a slot receiver/SP player...He's no different than Dante...

Okie_Apparition
10-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I thought the throw to Breaston that should have been challenged was pretty damn good for Cassle. Other than that...meh

DeezNutz

What does "starting RB" mean to you, since it's not the same as starting RB?

Marcellus
Cassel played horribly. If anyone argues any differently, then I have some Nigerian bank accounts with $5 million dollars sitting needing to be unloaded, I just need some 'private' information from them before we can make the transaction! ...

If you think he played horribly then you are not being objective.

Fuck I can't believe I am defending Cassel.

Fuck it. I know he isn't the answer I just hate people hating just to hate.

Marcellus
10-23-2011, 06:59 PM
What does "starting RB" mean to you, since it's not the same as starting RB?

Every team has a starting RB. So what were you saying?

DeezNutz
10-23-2011, 07:00 PM
LMAO. We're all playing semantics.

He didn't play poorly! He should have had a 58 QB rating, at least. LMAO. Bunch of abused KC fans we are.

DeezNutz
10-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Every team has a starting RB. So what were you saying?

Scare quotes suggest farce.

jd1020
If you think he played horribly then you are not being objective.

**** I can't believe I am defending Cassel.

**** it. I know he isn't the answer I just hate people hating just to hate.

As QB standards go, Cassel was horrible today. In Cassel standards, he didn't lose the game. Which is "decent," in the world of Cassel.

Ming the Merciless
The second INT was a perfect microcosm because he was indecisive and made a terrible decision and throw. In short, it was the triumphant of fail.

the pass itself was fail..

but a microcosm of cassel's ineptitude? no

for one thing the pass went more than 10 yards, so again.....you fail in your analogy.

Marcellus
LMAO. We're all playing semantics.

He didn't play poorly! He should have had a 58 QB rating, at least. LMAO. Bunch of abused KC fans we are.

Abused? You think? People are bitching after a 28-0 win. LMAO

Rausch
As QB standards go, Cassel was horrible today. In Cassel standards, he didn't lose the game. Which is "decent," in the world of Cassel.

This...

DeezNutz
10-23-2011, 07:02 PM
the pass itself was fail..

but a microcosm of cassel's ineptitude? no

for one thing the pass went more than 10 yards, so again.....you fail in your analogy.

And what happened when it went beyond 10 yards?

I feel like the Chiefs defense.

the Talking Can
amazing we have to pat Cassel on the head and give him a sticker for being the obvious weak link and posting a 38 QB rating....

DeezNutz
Abused? You think? People are bitching after a 28-0 win. LMAO

New standards for "decent" (note quotation marks).

Marcellus
10-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Scare quotes suggest farce.

I don't mind admitting that at this point I am lost.

Fuck it. Chiefs won I know Cassel still won't win us a SB and the Raiders got their pants pulled down due to a FO that dumber than a box of shit and KC team playing their asses off.

Ming the Merciless
10-23-2011, 07:03 PM
And what happened when it went beyond 10 yards?

I feel like the Chiefs defense.

someone actually got heir hands on it! no microcosm 4 u

you are the chiefs d, i am their d TODAY

BOOM

munkey
10-23-2011, 07:04 PM
I have trouble understanding what you are all spocked about. This team LOVES Haley. Period.

i misunderstood your post...i don't care how much they love haley...against a team with an above average QB like even Tebow and we lose today...i don't see why that's so hard for everyone to understand?

DeezNutz
10-23-2011, 07:04 PM
**** it. Chiefs won I know Cassel still won't win us a SB and the Raiders got their pants pulled down due to a FO that dumber than a box of shit and KC team playing their asses off.

:rockon::toast:

Ming the Merciless
10-23-2011, 07:05 PM
i misunderstood your post...i don't care how much they love haley...against a team with an above average QB like even Tebow

lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

trolollllololol

Marcellus
i misunderstood your post...i don't care how much they love haley...against a team with an above average QB like even Tebow and we lose today...i don't see why that's so hard for everyone to understand?

You are making a huge stretch, it's not like WR were wide open all over the place.

tk13

aturnis
amazing we have to pat Cassel on the head and give him a sticker for being the obvious weak link and posting a 38 QB rating....

perfect.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu_VSC9iHQMyHNIqC1RG64tOG8iq0keiQFHR3HxuhtL4B2oqq2zQ

HemiEd

It was like most of his deep throws, un-catchable, out of bounds.

milkman
10-23-2011, 07:06 PM

So what happens when Haley gets an above average QB?

aturnis
I don't mind admitting that at this point I am lost.

**** it. Chiefs won I know Cassel still won't win us a SB and the Raiders got their pants pulled down due to a FO that dumber than a box of shit and KC team playing their asses off.

What you should admit is that you don't understand what his use of quotation marks means.

Ming the Merciless
It was like most of his deep throws, un-catchable, out of bounds.

except on 3rd down....

were 3rd in the league on 3rd and long

stonedstooge
Don't know of too many teams that go very far when the team wins in spite of the quarterback. Most good teams have quarterbacks that win the game for them. 38 rating tells it all

Pablo
10-23-2011, 07:07 PM
The defense on both ends played great. DJ was a monster. Bowe and Breaston are studs. Jackie Battle is serviceable. Cassel looked pretty "meh" all things considered. He made some good throws; he made some bad throws. His hail mary INT was forgivable, the other was not.

It was a pretty good team effort. Bush is still a pretty good RB; and we didn't let him punch the ball in on us, so I'm happy about that. The Raiders are just loaded up with fail. That was honestly some of the worst QB play I may have ever watched in my life. It couldn't have been much easier for our DB's. But they did their job.

Good win.

KChiefs1
10-23-2011, 07:07 PM
The Chiefs with Andrew Luck would be amazing.

aturnis
10-23-2011, 07:08 PM

Tebow played HORRIBLY today. You'd know that if you watched the game. Also, that isn't what you gave the spock face over. You were spock facing the team playing with heart for Haley.

Ming the Merciless
Don't know of too many teams that go very far when the team wins in spite of the quarterback. Most good teams have quarterbacks that win the game for them. 38 rating tells it all

you need some tissue?

munkey
lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

trolollllololol

no...your just a homer...sorry...take the win for what it is...good timing

milkman

Stats are useless, and among those useless sats, QB Rating is far and away the most useless.

stonedstooge
10-23-2011, 07:09 PM
you need some tissue?

Just telling it the way it is

Marcellus
10-23-2011, 07:09 PM
What you should admit is that you don't understand what his use of quotation marks means.

Yea I figured it out. "Starting RB".

dirk digler
10-23-2011, 07:11 PM

lol..no shit. Cassel is horrible, played horrible, but at least I can now envision Haley's offense with Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Moeki, and Charles...it will be unstoppable once we get a QB.

Pablo
no...your just a homer...sorry...take the win for what it is...good timingYou just aren't very intelligent. That's all.

stonedstooge
Stats are useless, and among those useless sats, QB Rating is far and away the most useless.

I think we are on the same side. If this team even with its injuries had an above average quarterback, I think it could have made some noise this year.

tredadda

I agree, but sometimes the QB rating is reflective of the overall play of a QB, kinda like today. But there are instances where the QB rating does not tell the whole story.

munkey
10-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Tebow played HORRIBLY today. You'd know that if you watched the game. Also, that isn't what you gave the spock face over. You were spock facing the team playing with heart for Haley.

T. Tebow 13/27 161 6.0 2 0 91.7

M. Cassel 15/30 161 5.4 0 2 38.3

Yeah...Tebow played horribly today...stats don't lie moron

keg in kc
10-23-2011, 07:13 PM
We might be remembering too much of the fourth quarter and not enough of the first three. Including me in my initial comments. There was no running game for most of the day. Cassel did make a few plays to keep things going, and McCluster had some 3rd down conversions. And that was basically it offensively. Once we got up that 3rd score we basically stopped throwing the ball. The one bad play that really stands out is the pick (which was horrible). After that, maybe the middle of the fourth the Raiders finally folded and we started getting chunks on the ground. All-in-all I'd call it a pretty average day. I think we're just looking for things to pick apart. If you really want to get into QB rating and how meaningful an indicator that is, well, he was what, about an inch short of a passing TD, and got an INT on a hail mary that was more indicative of a coaching gaff - I'm not sure why they didn't use their timeouts there. Actually that series was maybe the only negative I'd point to with regards to the coaching staff today.

I point those plays out simply to show how they might have made his day look statistically better, had those plays gone his way, when in reality it makes absolutely zero difference to the outcome, whether Bowe scores there rather than McClain, or whether or not he throws that hail mary or not. His QB rating being higher because he has 1 TD and 1 INT instead of 2 INTs doesn't change anything on the scoreboard. Which is I think part of the fallacy of statistics.

munkey
You just aren't very intelligent. That's all.

really...what rock did you just crawl out from under?

Pasta Little Brioni
Or a HC

Dumbass

milkman
10-23-2011, 07:14 PM
I think we are on the same side. If this team even with its injuries had an above average quarterback, I think it could have made some noise this year.

Yeah, I think we're on the same page, but I have little use for the QB rating system.

I saw an mediocre QB have a medicore day, with just a couple of good plays thrown in.

We can't win with that mediocre QB.

Noss
10-23-2011, 07:14 PM

:thumb:This...:thumb:

Defense was great and the special teams play was good also but Casshole was Casshole again.

The defense won the game in spite of the Casshole.

munkey
10-23-2011, 07:15 PM

THIS!!

milkman
T. Tebow 13/27 161 6.0 2 0 91.7

M. Cassel 15/30 161 5.4 0 2 38.3

Yeah...Tebow played horribly today...stats don't lie moron

Stats do lie.

You didn't watch that game.

TeBow was absolutely horrid.

Dumbass.

Rausch
Yeah, I think we're on the same page, but I have little use for the QB rating system.

I saw an mediocre QB have a medicore day, with just a couple of good plays thrown in.

We can't win with that mediocre QB.

I'd really like to see us bench the douche and give Stanzi 8 games to see what he can do.

Palko probably won't even be here next year and Ca$$#ole isn't the answer. Might as well see what Stanzi has to offer...

Marcellus
I agree, but sometimes the QB rating is reflective of the overall play of a QB, kinda like today. But there are instances where the QB rating does not tell the whole story.

Take away a meaningless hail mary INT and put Bowe in the EZ rather the 6" line and what do you think his QB rating is?

Keep in mind neither the HM INT or the lack of TD by Bowe hurt the team.

QB rating is not indicative of the play today.

HemiEd
10-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Are you just trying to troll this thread? Did you watch the Bronco game today?

Tebow was so awful for the first 3 1/2 quarters of that game, the Dolphins totally abandoned covering the pass. I hate to say this, but I would take Cassel over Tebow.

As the 38 suggests, QB play had nothing to do with todays win.

Marcellus
10-23-2011, 07:16 PM
I'd really like to see us bench the douche and give Stanzi 8 games to see what he can do.

Palko probably won't even be here next year and Ca$$#ole isn't the answer. Might as well see what Stanzi has to offer...

I agree as soon as we are out of it and well, we aren't yet.

aturnis
10-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Actually, stats do lie moron. If you judge a performance on the stats you aren't taking into account A LOT OF THINGS!

Cassel DID play HORRIBLE today. Tebow was MUCH worse. Tebow was TERRIBLE until it came to crunch time. He also must have thrown something like 13 straight completions in the second half b/c he couldn't even complete a screen pass in the first. It was TERRIBLE. I was rooting for him though. I want him to win as many as he can for them, so the Donkey's get stuck with him much the same way we've been stuck with "Do just enough not to lose my job" Cassel.

Rausch
I agree as soon as we are out of it and well, we aren't yet.

Like keeping him in is going to increase our odds?...

Pasta Little Brioni
How can anyone be upset with curb stomping the Faid in the Black Butthole? Munkey must be a Vader helm wearing, born of anal sex Raider fan.

jd1020

I really don't see why Stanzi isn't at least active. He's probably the closest thing this team has to a NFL QB and it's not like the Chiefs run some overly complicated offense.

tredadda
10-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Stats do lie.

Dumbass.

He was until the last five minutes or so. This was a situation where the QB rating does not tell the whole story.

Marcellus
Actually, stats do lie moron. If you judge a performance on the stats you aren't taking into account A LOT OF THINGS!

Cassel DID play HORRIBLE today. Tebow was MUCH worse. Tebow was TERRIBLE until it came to crunch time. He also must have thrown something like 13 straight completions in the second half b/c he couldn't even complete a screen pass in the first. It was TERRIBLE. I was rooting for him though. I want him to win as many as he can for them, so the Donkey's get stuck with him much the same way we've been stuck with "Do just enough not to lose my job" Cassel.

Cassel was 4 of 5 on 3rd down with 4 1st downs on those passes.

milkman
We might be remembering too much of the fourth quarter and not enough of the first three. Including me in my initial comments. There was no running game for most of the day. Cassel did make a few plays to keep things going, and McCluster had some 3rd down conversions. And that was basically it offensively. Once we got up that 3rd score we basically stopped throwing the ball. The one bad play that really stands out is the pick (which was horrible). After that, maybe the middle of the fourth the Raiders finally folded and we started getting chunks on the ground. All-in-all I'd call it a pretty average day. I think we're just looking for things to pick apart. If you really want to get into QB rating and how meaningful an indicator that is, well, he was what, about an inch short of a passing TD, and got an INT on a hail mary that was more indicative of a coaching gaff - I'm not sure why they didn't use their timeouts there. Actually that series was maybe the only negative I'd point to with regards to the coaching staff today.

I point those plays out simply to show how they might have made his day look statistically better, had those plays gone his way, when in reality it makes absolutely zero difference to the outcome, whether Bowe scores there rather than McClain, or whether or not he throws that hail mary or not. His QB rating being higher because he has 1 TD and 1 INT instead of 2 INTs doesn't change anything on the scoreboard. Which is I think part of the fallacy of statistics.

I've said this a number of times, but I really believe the end of the first half really illustrates what Haley thinks of Cassel.

stonedstooge
10-23-2011, 07:19 PM
I've said this a number of times, but I really believe the end of the first half really illustrates what Haley thinks of Cassel.

Amen

-King-
10-23-2011, 07:19 PM
I really don't see why Stanzi isn't at least active. He's probably the closest thing this team has to a NFL QB and it's not like the Chiefs run some overly complicated offense.

Why activate a 3rd string QB?

jd1020
10-23-2011, 07:20 PM

Why activate Palko? Don't sit here and tell me that Stanzi is the 3rd best QB on this team.

munkey
i'm sure clay can post some missed opportunities by matt today...i know there were a few...

Marcellus
Like keeping him in is going to increase our odds?...

Depends on what you are looking for. The team is playing hard, they aren't trying to tank for future consideration.

Stanzi isn't going to play unless KC is out of it.

dirk digler
10-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Take away a meaningless hail mary INT and put Bowe in the EZ rather the 6" line and what do you think his QB rating is?

Keep in mind neither the HM INT or the lack of TD by Bowe hurt the team.

QB rating is not indicative of the play today.

still pretty bad

Marcellus
10-23-2011, 07:21 PM
i'm sure clay can post some missed opportunities by matt today...i know there were a few...

Yea there were a few for sure.

HemiEd
10-23-2011, 07:22 PM
except on 3rd down....

were 3rd in the league on 3rd and long

=yards after catch.

munkey
Stats do lie.

Dumbass.

what part did i miss? it wasn't pretty BUT he came in and made it count when it mattered...i hate denver as much as the next chief fan but to say he was worse than cassel today is just retarded...

aturnis

B/c he's head and shoulders the best QB on this roster...

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2011, 07:24 PM
what part did i miss? it wasn't pretty BUT he came in and made it count when it mattered...i hate denver as much as the next chief fan but to say he was worse than cassel today is just retarded...He had 24 yrs passing, total in the 3rd qt, dumbass.

petegz28
Cassel played ok today. They were ripping him on 610 for throwing 2 picks, of course one was a hail mary to end the 1st half so big fucking deal. The second one was a complete overthrow to a midget WR but that shit will happen. He missed Baldwin who was WIDE OPEN and probably could have crawled 70 yards into the end zone but I think that will be there later.

aturnis
what part did i miss? it wasn't pretty BUT he came in and made it count when it mattered...i hate denver as much as the next chief fan but to say he was worse than cassel today is just retarded...

You are an incredibly huge phuqtard. The game will probably be on NFL Replay this week. Go ahead and watch the whole thing. Then talk to us.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Our D played great today obviously...

Our O put up 2 TD's against a secondary running on fumes...

QB play was nothing exciting...as usual.

Was nice to see Baldwin out their.

That is it.