PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Take that focking baseball crap somewhere else!

Nzoner
10-23-2011, 06:19 PM
This is a Chiefs victory over the focking rayduhs night. :p

big nasty kcnut
10-23-2011, 06:19 PM
YEAH YEAH!

Nzoner
10-23-2011, 06:24 PM
YEAH YEAH!

PBJPBJPBJ

J Diddy
10-23-2011, 06:25 PM
You go to hell. You go to hell and you die.

KCrockaholic
10-23-2011, 06:26 PM

In that order?

Nzoner
10-23-2011, 06:27 PM

:fire:

stonedstooge
10-23-2011, 06:41 PM
They won't answer you. Hell Hootie has been all over them in the game thread and they just ignore him

HBKChiefs
10-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Shut out in the black hole. How sweet it is!!!!

Easy 6
10-23-2011, 06:51 PM
I really wish i was into baseball & the cards, i'm sure it'd be exciting... but i'm just not a fan of that slow, old-timey game.

And i've had my total ****ing fill of literally EVERYONE IN THIS MOTHER FING TOWN slobbering all over themselves about it, its like football doesnt even exist to these slackjawed yokels, its all cards all the time.

Backwards Masking
10-23-2011, 07:06 PM
baseball is slow and wimpy compared the Football, The King Of Sports

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Football is braindead and thuggish compared to baseball... the King of Sports.

KChiefs1
10-23-2011, 07:10 PM
baseball is slow and wimpy compared the Football, The King Of Sports

True!

Backwards Masking
10-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Football is braindead and thuggish compared to baseball... the King of Sports.

oh yeah? well the 21-0 NO vs Ind game between condender and 0-6 squad is almost more fun to watch than the World Series to me.

Hey Oh!

Pablo
10-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Football is braindead and thuggish compared to baseball... the King of Sports.No, baseball fan; your sport is in fact lifeless and boring. It's on par with soccer. Congrats.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-23-2011, 07:47 PM
You guys have convinced me. Just as much as I convinced you.

:D

We all know one has to be right and one has to be wrong after all. There is no place for personal preference.

;)

CanadianChief
10-23-2011, 08:38 PM
I like to crack open an ice cold prune juice and a tasty bran muffin from time to time and watch a good ole' fashion baseball game.
;)

pr_capone
10-23-2011, 08:42 PM
No, baseball fan; your sport is in fact lifeless and boring. It's on par with soccer. Congrats.

I enjoy watching football more but baseball is a beautiful sport and I am definitely a fan. FAR from soccer.

BigRedChief
10-23-2011, 08:43 PM
The thread ignore function still works?

Easy 6
10-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah, its definitely better than soccer.

13and3
10-23-2011, 08:48 PM
They need to put a clock on that shit. That way the players dont have time to spit sunflower seeds and scratch thier ass between pitches.

DaFace
10-23-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm not one to ignore people, but I ignore threads like the best of 'em. I've proabably got 15-20 threads on iggy - most of them "OFFICIAL XXX" threads of one sort or another.

It took me a while to figure out WTF you were even talking about. :)

Titty Meat
10-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Baseball sucks.

aturnis
10-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Baseball is teh gay!

BossChief
10-23-2011, 09:23 PM
They could decide to end baseball tomorrow and I would be like "meh"

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Baseball is bland and on the decline.

It will be interesting to see the ratings the WS game has against the non competitive NFL game going against it.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 09:26 PM
I keep hearing how boring soccer is...of course there was an MLS game on tonight and it had the same amount of point as the baseball game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Baseball is bland.

More than a little bit of irony in this post.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 09:32 PM
More than a little bit of irony in this post.

It is ok that soccer isn't for everyone. The world and a growing number of people in this part of the universe are finding it to be a very nice alternative.

I mean...as much fun as it is to watch the ticks and hat\balls\glove adjustments of spitting men for hours.

Baseball does the post season well. You feel like the players actually care in the post season...about anything.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Baseball is... on the decline.

Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/current_attendance.shtml

17 MLB teams saw attendance increases from '10 to '11. 11 saw decreases. Overall attendance went up... not a ton... but up. Not a decline.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match about baseball vs. football or any other sport... this is a football board and a football country and it doesn't matter that not all of us prefer football. It is what it is. But I thought I'd at least provide evidence to debunk the bunk.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/current_attendance.shtml

17 MLB teams saw attendance increases from '10 to '11. 11 saw decreases. Overall attendance went up... not a ton... but up. Not a decline.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match about baseball vs. football or any other sport... this is a football board and a football country and it doesn't matter that not all of us prefer football. It is what it is. But I thought I'd at least provide evidence to debunk the bunk.

Young kids are disinterested in it. Kids are leaving it in droves.

Who wants to stand around all day when you can play something?

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Young kids are disinterested in it. Kids are leaving it in droves.

Who wants to stand around all day when you can play something?

OK you're just going to spout things without any evidence so that's fine. There's plenty of youth baseball programs doing very well. A Google search can show you. The Little League World Series is strong as ever. But kids are disinterested. Mmmkay.

You and plenty of others around here obviously don't understand or care to understand the game if you really think it's standing around all day. I wouldn't expect people who live and breath football so heavily to have patience for a game that is played using more skill than force and more nuance than violence.

To each their own.

NJChiefsFan
10-23-2011, 10:05 PM
OK you're just going to spout things without any evidence so that's fine. There's plenty of youth baseball programs doing very well. A Google search can show you. The Little League World Series is strong as ever. But kids are disinterested. Mmmkay.

You and plenty of others around here obviously don't understand or care to understand the game if you really think it's standing around all day. I wouldn't expect people who live and breath football so heavily to have patience for a game that is played using more skill than force and more nuance than violence.

To each their own.

Why bother with them? If they are the type that need all this insane going on at once to keep their attention, why does their opinion matter to you? Pull a Todd Haley. Shake their hand and move on to your fun, which is this great series so far.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 10:08 PM

To each their own.

Via Walstreet Journal.

"With 11.5 million players of all ages in the U.S., baseball remains the fourth-most-popular team sport, trailing only basketball, soccer and softball.

But over the last 16 years, numbers for Little League Baseball, which accounts for about two-thirds of the country's youth play, have been steadily dropping. And there are signs the pace is accelerating.

From 2000 to 2009, the latest year for which figures are available, the number of kids aged 7 to 17 playing baseball fell 24%, according to the National Sporting Goods Association, an industry trade group. Despite growing concerns about the long-term effects of concussions, participation in youth tackle football has soared 21% over the same time span, while ice hockey jumped 38%. The Sporting Goods Manufacturing Association, another industry trade group, said baseball participation fell 12.7% for the overall population."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703712504576232753156582750.html

I have spent plenty of time around baseball during the span of my life. Family had Royals season tickets for years and years. I am not too stupid for baseball. Sometimes if you tell a joke and it isn't funny it isn't because people don't get it.

NJChiefsFan
10-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Via Walstreet Journal.

"With 11.5 million players of all ages in the U.S., baseball remains the fourth-most-popular team sport, trailing only basketball, soccer and softball.

But over the last 16 years, numbers for Little League Baseball, which accounts for about two-thirds of the country's youth play, have been steadily dropping. And there are signs the pace is accelerating.

From 2000 to 2009, the latest year for which figures are available, the number of kids aged 7 to 17 playing baseball fell 24%, according to the National Sporting Goods Association, an industry trade group. Despite growing concerns about the long-term effects of concussions, participation in youth tackle football has soared 21% over the same time span, while ice hockey jumped 38%. The Sporting Goods Manufacturing Association, another industry trade group, said baseball participation fell 12.7% for the overall population."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703712504576232753156582750.html

I have spent plenty of time around baseball during the span of my life. Family had Royals season tickets for years and years. I am not too stupid for baseball. Sometimes if you tell a joke and it isn't funny it isn't because people don't get it.

Kinda unfair to mark it down for being behind softball, which his just the female or old man version of baseball. Basketball has such a huge advantage above other sports in how few people and supplies you need for it to even just play for fun on your own.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Kinda unfair to mark it down for being behind softball, which his just the female or old man version of baseball. Basketball has such a huge advantage above other sports in how few people and supplies you need for it to even just play for fun on your own.

None of that has changed during the span of time it reports the % of decline.

NJChiefsFan
10-23-2011, 10:14 PM
None of that has changed during the span of time it reports the % of decline.

I am not saying it has changed. I am saying softball essentially is baseball so to me that makes it 3 and 4, not just 4. Or perphaps just say its 3. Also its not shocking that basketball is so high considering you can go out and play by yourself to practice. Its part of the reason why golf is so addicting. You can work on your game with nobody but yourself.

Nzoner
10-23-2011, 10:15 PM
The thread ignore function still works?

Apparently you missed the :p in my OP

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 10:15 PM
I am not saying it has changed. I am saying softball essentially is baseball so to me that makes it 3 and 4, not just 4. Or perphaps just say its 3. Also its not shocking that basketball is so high considering you can go out and play by yourself to practice. Its part of the reason why golf is so addicting. You can work on your game with nobody but yourself.

All of these rationalizations from you are fine. My point is it is on decline amongst the youth in this country and those numbers bare that out. Nothing more....nothing less.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Your precious soccer will never be as popular, profitable or entertaining as baseball, Zach.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Your precious soccer will never be as popular, profitable or entertaining as baseball, Zach.

Well, that is already absolutely false.

However, I am not trying to convince anyone the MLS is overtaking MLB or anything. Just saying baseball is bland and on the decline.

I mean...take you...you have said yourself you can't even watch the regular season.

NJChiefsFan
10-23-2011, 10:22 PM
All of these rationalizations from you are fine. My point is it is on decline amongst the youth in this country and those numbers bare that out. Nothing more....nothing less.

Thats fair.

I love baseball. Have been playing since I was 5. That being said, while its my favorite to play, its 3rd in viewing behind the NFL and NHL. USA Soccer is right there as well, although its hard to compare since its such a small amount of games.

I still love watching baseball, especially the playoffs. Something that I don't like about the NFL playoffs. I think its the lack of there being a series. Baseball really does need to put in a strong rule against slow pitchers. Batters should never be able to take both feet out of the box save for swing on that pitch.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Well, that is already absolutely false.

However, I am trying to convince anyone the MLS is overtaking MLB or anything. Just saying baseball is bland and on the decline.

I mean...take you...you have said yourself you can't even watch the regular season.

Yeah, but it's still better than soccer.

And show me proof it is more profitable, popular or entertaining than baseball.

It's not, and you can't.

It's popular with idiot hipsters who like to be different.

Bugeater
10-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Hey Zach, why did you remove the Chiefs logo from your avatar?

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah, but it's still better than soccer.

And show me proof it is more profitable, popular or entertaining than baseball.

It's not, and you can't.

It's popular with idiot hipsters who like to be different.

Proof that soccer is more profitable than baseball?

Surely you jest. You think baseball makes more money than soccer?

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey Zach, why did you remove the Chiefs logo from your avatar?

I have qualms with some of the actions of the Chiefs organization. Team doesn't bother me.

Bugeater
10-23-2011, 10:26 PM
I have qualms with some of the actions of the Chiefs organization. Team doesn't bother me.
Ah, gotcha. Fairweather fan.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Soccer is popular numerically because it attracts tons of little kids who can participate without actually participating. Like Chuck Klosterman said, it's a perfect game for an outcast culture.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Soccer is popular numerically because it attracts tons of little kids who can participate without actually participating. Like Chuck Klosterman said, it's a perfect game for an outcast culture.

High number of self-proclaimed soccer "diehards" own Macbooks.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 10:29 PM

False. Nice reach though. Why would I do that when the team is on the upswing. I was right here for the 2 win type seasons. I was at the last Chiefs playoff win and every single playoff loss at Arrowhead since.

Titty Meat
10-23-2011, 10:30 PM
I'd rather watch the Chiefs draft Tyson Jackson than a baseball game. Though I will admit it's pretty comical watching Royals fans pretend like they'll be relevant someday.

NJChiefsFan
10-23-2011, 10:31 PM
False. Nice reach though. Why would I do that when the team is on the upswing. I was right here for the 2 win type seasons. I was at the last Chiefs playoff win and every single playoff loss at Arrowhead since.

Not saying you aren't a diehard, how would I know. That being said, pointing out being at playoff games isn't proof of that. Just means you have witnessed the heartbreak of the end of good seasons.

dirk digler
10-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Via Walstreet Journal.

From 2000 to 2009, the latest year for which figures are available, the number of kids aged 7 to 17 playing baseball fell 24%, according to the National Sporting Goods Association, an industry trade group. Despite growing concerns about the long-term effects of concussions, participation in youth tackle football has soared 21% over the same time span, while ice hockey jumped 38%. The Sporting Goods Manufacturing Association, another industry trade group, said baseball participation fell 12.7% for the overall population."http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703712504576232753156582750.html

I am actually surprised football isn't #1

Demonpenz
10-23-2011, 10:36 PM
that would be nice if baseball didn't cost so much to play as a youth. You can play with a shit glove and shit cleats etc. but that sucks, Yeah in baseketball you can get decent shoes for 50 bucks and fit right in with the other kids.

Rausch
10-23-2011, 10:37 PM

LMAO

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Clay, if you have more recent information I am happy to see it...my short search showed that most recent MLB (the most popular baseball league in the world) deal is a seven year television agreement with Fox and Turner worth an estimated $3 billion.

http://www.sportsbusinessnews.com/_news/news_347260.php

Meanwhile an English Premiere League contract? It is worth 1.94 billion dollars for 3 years internationally and 2.38 billion dollars domestically in England.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-nets-16314bn-tv-rights-bonanza-1925462.html

Then there is a comparison between the World Cup and the World Baseball Classic? Is that what the comparison would be in baseball? Or is it called something else?

Hammock Parties
10-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Hey asshole, no one cares about international soccer.

Soccer in the United States is a fucking financial joke.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Hey asshole, no one cares about international soccer.

Soccer in the United States is a ****ing financial joke.

It isn't my fault you don't know how to use your own words.

I would never say the MLS is better off than the MLB.

Maybe you should learn to say what you mean?

Rausch
10-23-2011, 10:53 PM

http://artoftrolling.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/chatroulette-trolling-untitled38.jpg

Hammock Parties
10-23-2011, 10:54 PM

Generally, when one refers to soccer, they refer to American soccer, because it's not called soccer in Europe.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 10:55 PM

http://artoftrolling.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/chatroulette-trolling-untitled38.jpg

Doesn't even matter. Guy is spineless....he would argue on both sides of anything when it is convenient.

dirk digler
10-23-2011, 10:56 PM
MLS has worse TV ratings than the WNBA

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Generally, when one refers to soccer, they refer to American soccer, because it's not called soccer in Europe.

But it is called soccer when Americans talk about it...just like we are now.

No worries though. You can just tell me that you don't know how to use your own words. It is all good man I am happy to let you off the hook.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Just so we're clear, baseball still shits all over American soccer.

Refute that, hipster.

|Zach|
10-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Just so we're clear, baseball still shits all over American soccer.

Refute that, hipster.

I have never tried to say that the MLS better ratings or more money than the MLB. If you thought that was my point then whoever is reading your posts for you is doing a horrible job. Is this what you do when you are putting motion flames on Sabby Piscitelli? Make strawman arguments?