PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cassel totally dominates

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-24-2011, 01:53 AM
15/30 and a 38.0 rating with 2 INTs

Once again. He SUCKS !

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2011, 02:00 AM
He played well in Indy. We cant possibly expect him to do it in consecutive games.

Iconic
10-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Another Cassel thread... You're so original!

salame
10-24-2011, 02:36 AM
he is pretty awesome guys
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Rausch
10-24-2011, 02:41 AM
he is pretty awesome guys
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

salame
10-24-2011, 02:47 AM

hey I like trailer park boys

Rausch
10-24-2011, 02:54 AM
hey I like trailer park boys

Thug life.

You test'n me?...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o99/akane814/TrailerParkBoys.jpg

splatbass
10-24-2011, 02:55 AM
I don't really count the first interception at the end of the half. He threw it up for grabs on purpose.

CoMoChief
10-24-2011, 02:56 AM
I pointed this out in the main game thread only to be shit on by the "real" fans.

had that not been a horrifically bad Raiders team w/ no QB, we would have gotten stomped. We did not play particularly well on offense at all, not by a long shot.

The offense scored only 14 pts the entire game....that's after the defense gave them 4 extra possessions to work with from all of the INT's we had, and the defense isn't going to score 2 TD's every game....even 1 defensive TD is somewhat uncommon in a game, and by that I mean it doesn't happen that often, and when it does that team usually wins. Hell we almost set the NFL record for most INT's in a game IIRC (kudos to the defense), but that's not going to happen every game. Generally it's usually a bad game for a QB to throw 2 picks....we had 6, and 2 went to the house. Yet this offense STILL only managed to score just 2 TD's after all of OAK's mess. The 2003 Chiefs point total would have been in the 60's, but that's just apples and oranges...not expecting them to go out and score like that, just making a point here.....this offense desperately needs to improve if we even stand a chance in competing against our murderer's row of a schedule coming up in the next couple months.

So like I said in the other thread....a win is a win, a road win is even better, and a road win against your hated rival is even better, but this team has a lot of holes on it (some of those injury related), and major and most glaring hole is the QB position. Cassel just isn't a good QB and never will be, and this team will only go so far with him behind center. If you want to be a consistently good football team that always competes for division titles and makes deep playoff runs, you need either 1 of 2 things.

1. You need a QB that is good enough to make the players around him better.
- KC has just the opposite as Cassel runs a "run after catch offense" - pass it for 5 yds, expect the WR/RB to do the rest. Cassel can't throw downfield, and the game now a days has changed to a passing league.

2. You need a hardcore smash mouth championship defense with a strong running game. If you don't have a QB that falls into the above stated category, then you need a defense that is championship caliber.

Right now KC doesn't have either one of those mentioned above.

Rausch
10-24-2011, 02:56 AM
I don't really count the first interception at the end of the half. He threw it up for grabs on purpose.

Honestly, we should have made at least a 1/2 assed attempt to move the ball before that.

We wasted clock and 2 TO's...

splatbass
10-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Honestly, we should have made at least a 1/2 assed attempt to move the ball before that.

We wasted clock and 2 TO's...

Yeah, we did. but who's fault is that? I doubt it was Cassel. He just does what the voices in his head..er...helmet tell him.

SPchief
10-24-2011, 03:05 AM
CoMo in a Hofarmer thread? I'm shocked

CoMoChief
10-24-2011, 03:11 AM
Yeah, we did. but who's fault is that? I doubt it was Cassel. He just does what the voices in his head..er...helmet tell him.

if the coaching staff wouldn't be holding their breath everytime Cassel dropped back, they might have opened up the playbook a little bit and allowed him to drive the ball downfield at least to try and get a FG. Instead they're deathly afraid that he'll turn it over.

Amazing what a good QB can do for a team as opposed to one that is just a little bit better than sucking ass.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-24-2011, 03:42 AM
I have been pretty level about what I think of Cassel. He is not great, but he doesn't suck. He is somewhere around the middle for a starting QB.

Now, the pass at the end of the half, not his fault.

The interception at the in the second half.....

(1:45) 7-M.Cassel pass deep left intended for 22-D.McCluster INTERCEPTED by 23-D.Van Dyke at OAK 20. 23-D.Van Dyke ran ob at OAK 22 for 2 yards.

I still don't think it is his fault. Any play that has McCluster going deep is a bad play. The coaches have to put the players in position to be successful.

Matt has strengths and weaknesses.....like everyone..... Pinpoint accuracy is not a strength.

I just don't think you should expect Cassel, or 22 other QB's in the NFL to try to make that pass.

Elwaysux
10-24-2011, 04:53 AM
I can't pick apart the offense in a game like this. If you are behind or trading body blows with a team then I think you can be hypercritical of the offense and the play calling. When the defense is hammering the other team and they have Dumb and Dumber playing QB for them I just want the offense to run some clock and get out with the win. I could care less on style points unless it's against the Donkeys.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-24-2011, 04:56 AM
If we had a real QB we would've hung a fifty Burger on them.

xztop12
10-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Actually 1 meaningful Int. But good job stat boy

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-24-2011, 05:11 AM
They showed a replay early in the game where Baldwin was WIDE open .I mean NOBODY within 15 yards and had room to take it 80 yards for an easy TD but shitsack fails at dumping the ball off instead.

Ugly Duck
10-24-2011, 05:20 AM
15/30 and a 38.0

Yeah, but if you add Boller's 22.3 rating and Palmer's 17.3, you get 39.6 which is better than Cassel. Ha!

BoneKrusher
10-24-2011, 05:58 AM
They showed a replay early in the game where Baldwin was WIDE open .I mean NOBODY within 15 yards and had room to take it 80 yards for an easy TD but shitsack fails at dumping the ball off instead.

yep, i saw that as well.
the Chiefs won despite Cassel not because of him.

donkhater
10-24-2011, 06:01 AM

I argue that you find an instance like that in nearly every NFL game.

ChiTown
10-24-2011, 06:16 AM
Cassel was awful yesterday. The only thing that saved him was that Kyle Palmer was a biblical abortion.

Extra Point
10-24-2011, 06:24 AM
Yeah, but if you add Boller's 22.3 rating and Palmer's 17.3, you get 39.6 which is better than Cassel. Ha!

The cup is half-full, but we won't say what's in it, will we?

Chief Faithful
10-24-2011, 06:38 AM
I have been pretty level about what I think of Cassel. He is not great, but he doesn't suck. He is somewhere around the middle for a starting QB.

(1:45) 7-M.Cassel pass deep left intended for 22-D.McCluster INTERCEPTED by 23-D.Van Dyke at OAK 20. 23-D.Van Dyke ran ob at OAK 22 for 2 yards.

I still don't think it is his fault. Any play that has McCluster going deep is a bad play. The coaches have to put the players in position to be successful.

Matt has strengths and weaknesses.....like everyone..... Pinpoint accuracy is not a strength.

I just don't think you should expect Cassel, or 22 other QB's in the NFL to try to make that pass.

I'm in agreement, Cassel is not great, but he doesn't suck. The McCluster pass I put on Cassel as a bad decision especially since the coverage was tight both over and under, but I thought he played well most of the game.

Points to keep in mind, the coaches knew this was going to be a low scoring game so they kept the play calling very conservative. When they did open up by throwing downfield to Bowe and Breaston they looked fairly good. Baldwin also showed enough to be excited, although it was obvious Baldwin and Cassel do not have their timing down. Sadly, I thought the TE's looked horrific.

Also, keep in mind, the Chiefs went into run down the clock mode at the end of the third quarter. This is a team that takes pride in being better conditioned so they can score in the 4th, which is when they are at their best. Finally, the Chiefs often started deep on their own side of the field and didn't make a lot of mistakes that could have cost them big.

Given the conservative play calling, poor starting field position, going into run out the clock mode for the entire 4th quarter, playing against a very good defense and playing on the road in a hostile environment I thought the offense and Cassel did a good, not great, job of managing the game. I thought this was a text book Haley scripted performance.

jspchief
10-24-2011, 06:39 AM

That play epitomizes Cassel.

He looks at McClain, checks the throw because he's covered, but in pants-shitting fashion is incapable of looking to a deeper spot of the same area of the field. So he throws it to McClain anyway, this time with the defender tighter because he had bitten on the pump.

Sent from my ADR6350

58-4ever
10-24-2011, 06:43 AM
It is pretty evident at this point that Cassel is a stop gap solution. My fear is that he has been JUST good enough to have one more year after this season (depending on how this one ends up). My hope is that year is spent grooming his replacement that we draft this April.

ChiTown
10-24-2011, 06:53 AM
It is pretty evident at this point that Cassel is a stop gap solution. My fear is that he has been JUST good enough to have one more year after this season (depending on how this one ends up). My hope is that year is spent grooming his replacement that we draft this April.

From this combination, he is the most expensive, least competent stop-gap solution I have ever seen. And honestly, for me, it's the money that we paid for him that irritates me the most. $12.25MM in base salary? Maybe my expectations are just too high for what that sort of money should get you these days.......

Gonzo
10-24-2011, 07:00 AM
What pisses me off about Cassel is his inconsistency.
One week he looks like total shit, then the next he looks like total dog shit.

Make up your damn mind, Matt.
Posted via Mobile Device

donkhater
10-24-2011, 07:05 AM

Well, stop-gap would imply that you have someone waiting in the wings. Stanzi? really? I like the guy and thought he was a good pick for a 5th rounder, but Cassel is a stop-gap for Stanzi?

I'd say with the way the entire AFC west is shaping up we could have a scenario like last year where the division champ is 7-9 or 8-8. If that turns out to be KC, you think QB is the top thing on Haley or Pioli's mind? We all think it should be, but I'd be a little surprised if they see it that way.

Chief Faithful
10-24-2011, 07:13 AM

I like Pioli's philosophy of trying to draft a QB every year. Hopefully this will pay off soon.

MahiMike
10-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Tough crowd. He just had his best game in months. Screw the stats. He moved the ball quite well. Doubters need to pick another day.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-24-2011, 07:28 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

:LOL:

Reerun_KC
10-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Tough crowd. He just had his best game in months. Screw the stats. He moved the ball quite well. Doubters need to pick another day.

Eh this was a classic Marty type game. Defense won, offense just did enough to help out Defense and the Raiders were the Raiders.

Anymore we all know Cassel is stop gap QB nothing more, nothing less... He isnt the answer nor the future. We ALL KNOW THIS...

Threads like this are nothing more than someone trying to be cool or trying to fit in with the haters. The fact that there are threads like this on a Monday after the shutout of the Raiders on the road is nothing more than BALLSACK.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-24-2011, 07:32 AM
I don't bash a guy for missing up to five wide open guys a game.

Seriously, you look around the league and you watch any game by ANY QB, and they miss open WR's.

Field level vision is completely different than TV. You can't tell who any QB can see. Offensive linemen, defensive linemen, linebackers all can shield the view of a WR that has beaten his coverage.

Matt really doesn't seem to miss any more than an 'average starting qb' does and that is what he is, so that is what I expect.

jspchief
10-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Tough crowd. He just had his best game in months. Screw the stats. He moved the ball quite well. Doubters need to pick another day.He made a lot more throws beyond 5 yards than usual, and he didn't wait until after halftime to do it. It's something he's going to have to do if our offense stands a chance.

Compared to what we've seen, it looks almost like a "good" game from him. The reality is, he still has very little pocket presence, field awareness, or accuracy.

On the bright side, it looks like we have a beast WR corps, and if we ever get a QB that can sling it, this offense could be scary.

the Talking Can
10-24-2011, 07:58 AM
you can't say bad things about retards....is what we're dealing with

"no poop in your pants today johnny?...here's a cookie!'

CoMoChief
10-24-2011, 07:59 AM
I argue that you find an instance like that in nearly every NFL game.

It seems to be a horribly defined pattern w/ Cassel, though.

CoMoChief
10-24-2011, 08:02 AM
you can't say bad things about retards....is what we're dealing with

"no poop in your pants today johnny?...here's a cookie!'

:LOL:

loochy
10-24-2011, 08:05 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Rep....and not because it's funny.

Molitoth
10-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Cassels stats were bad yesterday, but the eye test was even worse.

He consistently shit his pants in the pocket, even with his Oline playing great.
He missed wide open receivers.
He threw a terrible pick, wtf McCluster deep ball?

If our defense didn't play so well, we would've gotten beat because of Cassel's shitty play.

splatbass
10-24-2011, 09:08 AM
From this combination, he is the most expensive, least competent stop-gap solution I have ever seen. And honestly, for me, it's the money that we paid for him that irritates me the most.

I wasn't aware that you paid his salary? Seriously, getting irritated because someone else is paying Cassel too much is kind of ridiculous. It isn't your money.

Getting irritated that he isn't playing well I can see. The money is really meaningless to anyone not named Hunt.

loochy
10-24-2011, 09:17 AM
I wasn't aware that you paid his salary? Seriously, getting irritated because someone else is paying Cassel too much is kind of ridiculous. It isn't your money.

Getting irritated that he isn't playing well I can see. The money is really meaningless to anyone not named Hunt.

You do know that the money could be used on signing or keeping useful players, right?

Chiefnj2
10-24-2011, 09:23 AM
You do know that the money could be used on signing or keeping useful players, right?

you do know kc has been about 50 mil under the cap the last two years, right?

loochy
10-24-2011, 09:29 AM
you do know kc has been about 50 mil under the cap the last two years, right?

I do know that. It just bothers me that a sucktacular QB is cakn patna.

Epic Fail 007
10-24-2011, 09:38 AM
he played well enough,,,len dawson was not exactly a lights out qb.also u idiots are going to bag on cassel no matter what he dose.maybe he should be black then it would be accepted.i mean really get off his back.what qb thats on the market would u want that could play in the system.if he was a black qb there would not be this crying every week,u haters would be sayin give him time to he`ll be ok.i know lets go get jamarcus russel theres a good one huh

the Talking Can
10-24-2011, 09:40 AM
he played well enough,,,len dawson was not exactly a lights out qb.also u idiots are going to bag on cassel no matter what he dose.maybe he should be black then it would be accepted.i mean really get off his back.what qb thats on the market would u want that could play in the system.if he was a black qb there would not be this crying every week,u haters would be sayin give him time to he`ll be ok.i know lets go get jamarcus russel theres a good one huh

we'd be happier if you just killed yourself

FAX
10-24-2011, 09:41 AM
He just needs a dose.

FAX

jspchief
10-24-2011, 09:41 AM
you do know kc has been about 50 mil under the cap the last two years, right?That doesn't necessarily change anything though. If Clark's budget is $50m<cap, you could still claim that Cassel's contract is hampering things.

The contract isn't a big issue to me personally. I feel like there is money to spend when the time comes. I would like to know that our young talent isn't going anywhere.

loochy
10-24-2011, 09:50 AM
he played well enough
I think anyone can play well enough when your D gets you 14 points and 6 turnovers.

,,,len dawson was not exactly a lights out qb.
He was a hell of a lot better than Cassel.

also u idiots are going to bag on cassel no matter what he dose.
Untrue. If he would consistently not suck, we would not bag on him.

maybe he should be black then it would be accepted.
Maybe then at least he could run a little faster.

i mean really get off his back.
Oh, I'll get ON his back.

what qb thats on the market would u want that could play in the system.
There's a bunch of nothing available out there. That doesn't mean that he doesn't suck though.

if he was a black qb there would not be this crying every week,u haters would be sayin give him time to he`ll be ok.i know lets go get jamarcus russel theres a good one huh
What the hell does color have to do with this? He just sucks.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-24-2011, 09:53 AM
I don't bash a guy for missing up to five wide open guys a game.

Seriously, you look around the league and you watch any game by ANY QB, and they miss open WR's.

Field level vision is completely different than TV. You can't tell who any QB can see. Offensive linemen, defensive linemen, linebackers all can shield the view of a WR that has beaten his coverage.

Matt really doesn't seem to miss any more than an 'average starting qb' does and that is what he is, so that is what I expect.

He misses WAAAY more open recievers than most QBs

johnny961
10-24-2011, 09:54 AM

For the money Cassel is getting you would expect to see better. 60+ million is not what you'd expect Chiefs brass to spend on what amounts to a good backup QB.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2011, 09:54 AM
He misses WAAAY more open recievers than most QBs

Is this documented or just hate speculation...

The dude misses his share for sure, no denying that.

Chiefnj2
10-24-2011, 10:00 AM
I don't understand why Cassel sucking is up for debate every week. There is maybe 1 fan out of 500 who thinks KC shouldn't upgrade. Everybody else is content grabbing a QB in the draft. Maybe there should be a "Jake O'Connell needs to be replaced" thread every week.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2011, 10:07 AM
I don't understand why Cassel sucking is up for debate every week. There is maybe 1 fan out of 500 who thinks KC shouldn't upgrade. Everybody else is content grabbing a QB in the draft. Maybe there should be a "Jake O'Connell needs to be replaced" thread every week.

Its CP, we rehash the same shit to death so we feel better about nothing...

More like 1 in 5000 would be more like it.

We all know it, why do we have to rehash the same damn shit each Monday... And then the same people act likes it ground breaking news.

Epic Fail 007
10-24-2011, 10:19 AM
cassels a fine qb everyone stfu

Epic Fail 007
10-24-2011, 10:24 AM
I think anyone can play well enough when your D gets you 14 points and 6 turnovers.

He was a hell of a lot better than Cassel.

Untrue. If he would consistently not suck, we would not bag on him.

Maybe then at least he could run a little faster.

Oh, I'll get ON his back.

There's a bunch of nothing available out there. That doesn't mean that he doesn't suck though.

What the hell does color have to do with this? He just sucks.

u idiot that comment u said ,maybe he would run faster,thats as racist of comment as anything so stfu,lol

loochy
10-24-2011, 10:29 AM
u idiot that comment u said ,maybe he would run faster,thats as racist of comment as anything so stfu,lol

That was a joke response to an idiotic comment.

Epic Fail 007
10-24-2011, 10:31 AM
we'd be happier if you just killed yourself

after u asshole

Epic Fail 007
10-24-2011, 10:33 AM
That was a joke response to an idiotic comment.

oh it was joke a joke,way cover up ur bs

Hootie
10-24-2011, 10:34 AM
I love the fact that this forum has "thick skin" and an anything goes environment (for the most part)...but I'm all for banning, well, just dumb people...not dumb people like saccopoo...I'm talking about plain intelligence level. Like, the ceiling for this eric007 character in life is the ground..he types like a 9 year old girl.

So yeah, I'm all for banning people like him. Not because he's a troll, or a Raiders fan, etc. etc. etc.

Because he's an idiot. Like, a literal idiot. Not an idiot who loves Matt Cassel. An idiot who can't do basic arithmetic...

Hootie
10-24-2011, 10:35 AM
oh it was joke a joke,way cover up ur bs

well black people have three extra muscles in their legs and better natural eye sight so if they could just learn how to read and stop stealing so much stuff they'd probably make pretty good QBs...

Reerun_KC
10-24-2011, 10:35 AM
I love the fact that this forum has "thick skin" and an anything goes environment (for the most part)...but I'm all for banning, well, just dumb people...not dumb people like saccopoo...I'm talking about plain intelligence level. Like, the ceiling for this eric007 character in life is the ground..he types like a 9 year old girl.

So yeah, I'm all for banning people like him. Not because he's a troll, or a Raiders fan, etc. etc. etc.

Because he's an idiot. Like, a literal idiot. Not an idiot who loves Matt Cassel. An idiot who can't do basic arithmetic...

LMAO

loochy
10-24-2011, 10:37 AM
well black people have three extra muscles in their legs and better natural eye sight so if they could just learn how to read and stop stealing so much stuff they'd probably make pretty good QBs...

They've got to get over the whole diabetic thing too.

loochy
10-24-2011, 10:38 AM

I support you in this banning endeavor.

EDIT: I just realized that eric007 may just be the REAL Matt Cassel.

Epic Fail 007
10-24-2011, 10:43 AM

Because he's an idiot. Like, a literal idiot. Not an idiot who loves Matt Cassel. An idiot who can't do basic arithmetic...thats funny when half the people on here bitch and moan about nothing

HemiEd
10-24-2011, 10:45 AM
From this combination, he is the most expensive, least competent stop-gap solution I have ever seen. And honestly, for me, it's the money that we paid for him that irritates me the most. $12.25MM in base salary? Maybe my expectations are just too high for what that sort of money should get you these days.......

He did hit the lottery, but that is not what pisses me off the most. It is the time that is getting wasted.

This team has some great players making great plays, but it is destined for failure, because the most important player on the field is not even "just below average." He is pathetic. You know it, I know it, and the Coach knows it.

By the time they get someone decent, if they do, players like Bowe and DJ will have peaked. We have been down this path before.

Epic Fail 007
10-24-2011, 10:57 AM
oh no people wanna ban me from this site,REALLY like i care i mean you would thick with a name like chiefs planet ,u would fine nothing but chiefs fans,but thats not what u find here,half of u just spout bs and hate just to be an asshole..........so wanna ban me ,go ahead but for what,for talk shit and speakin the truth and bein a true fan unlike a lot of the band wagon trolls here,have at it

Hootie
10-24-2011, 11:00 AM
no, we want to ban you because you type like an idiot

if you typed like an adult we'd just make fun of you

but since you type like a 9 year old girl you're just annoying to read (and make fun of)

luv
10-24-2011, 11:02 AM
oh no people wanna ban me from this site,REALLY like i care i mean you would thick with a name like chiefs planet ,u would fine nothing but chiefs fans,but thats not what u find here,half of u just spout bs and hate just to be an asshole..........so wanna ban me ,go ahead but for what,for talk shit and speakin the truth and bein a true fan unlike a lot of the band wagon trolls here,have at it

Are you texting or typing? Enjoy your lunch break, and don't be late getting back to class.

the Talking Can
10-24-2011, 11:02 AM

I don't want to ban you.

I want you to throw yourself off a building.

Hootie
10-24-2011, 11:03 AM
I don't want to ban you.

I want you to throw yourself off a building.

you think he's actually smart enough to get on top of a building? I doubt the dude has ever seen a second story in his life...

Molitoth
10-24-2011, 11:04 AM
bein a true fan

Oh. Why didn't you mention that you were a true fan earlier?

Everyone please retract your hash remarks of this true fan.

Epic Fail 007
10-24-2011, 11:10 AM
no, we want to ban you because you type like an idiot

if you typed like an adult we'd just make fun of you

but since you type like a 9 year old girl you're just annoying to read (and make fun of)

Dude I do not care what anyone says about me on the internet..........REALLY COME ON MAN!I am not here to make you or anyone else happy.Also I do not feel the need to type proper here but if it makes you happy I will......stfu...lol

Hootie
10-24-2011, 11:12 AM
that was a good try

loochy
10-24-2011, 11:21 AM
you would thick with a name like chiefs planet

Is that your attempt at a gay lisp? Oh my! The Chiefs are just thuper duper and that Matt Cassel is so dreamy with his blue eyes and noodle arm!

u would fine nothing but chiefs fans

I would fine nobody because I am not a librarian that has patrons with overdue books.

Epic Fail 007
10-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Is that your attempt at a gay lisp? Oh my! The Chiefs are just thuper duper and that Matt Cassel is so dreamy with his blue eyes and noodle arm!

I would fine nobody because I am not a librarian that has patrons with overdue books.

I mistyped I ment you would think

Rausch
10-24-2011, 11:28 AM

:thumb:

:shake:

loochy
10-24-2011, 11:29 AM

Oh. Well then. Carry on.

KcFanInGA
10-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Cassel didn't play great, but the defense did. He did have some throws that he missed, that one over the middle to Baldwin that would have been a TD comes to mind first. I'm just glad we won! Still have a good shot at winning the division the way I see it. But Cassel is gonna have to go before we win the big game, possibly before we win a playoff game.

luv
10-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Dude I do not care what anyone says about me on the internet..........REALLY COME ON MAN!I am not here to make you or anyone else happy.Also I do not feel the need to type proper here but if it makes you happy I will......stfu...lol

Is this you typing correctly?

This No Child Left Behind thing is really getting out of hand.

ThaVirus
10-24-2011, 11:38 AM

Eh, I disagree. The wheel route by the HB can be great against certain coverages. Normally a back coming out of the backfield is going to covered by a LB. I'll take McCluster's speed and quickness over 98% of LBs in the league. Only problem is they had a safety over top. Matt should have known better to try and force that one in there.

I saw that play too. The game was still relatively close and I remember feeling my gut flip over, thinking that was going to be the play we'd all look back at as the point where we would have won the game. In the end, we didn't need it so it's all good. I can't blame Matty for that one. If I remember right, he had Wimbley right in his face and as someone pointed out earlier, field vision is WAYYYYYY different than what we see. Not to say that there's no possible way Cassel saw him and just shit the bed, but I'll give him a pass on that one... Now there was one where he just missed Baldwin on a corner route that I was annoyed by. The ball was so horrifically thrown everyone thought it had to have been tipped, but it actually wasn't. It was just Matt doing Matt.

Johnny Vegas
10-24-2011, 01:20 PM

Eric. For $60 million is it worth paying a QB who can't keep a QB rating higher than the speed limit in the Kansas Turnpike?

whoman69
10-24-2011, 01:57 PM

Take that out and his rating zooms up to an incredible 52.2. Matt's whole career is coulda, shoulda, woulda. He just missed a TD, but I would have put that more on Bowe's effort. He missed a wide open Baldwin then missed on the check down. The guy didn't have a good game and the offense was not much better than the San Diego game. Add the TD and its 62. Add the completion to Baldwin with the TD and its only a 68.

O.city
10-24-2011, 02:01 PM
He did have a pass to Pope out of the endzone that was just flat out dropped. Another one to Breaston that he made a diving effort for and just couldn't hold on to it.

Ming the Merciless
10-24-2011, 02:43 PM
this thread dominates

http://images.pimproll.com/images/boxart/processed/120/DVD_2994_FR.jpg

whoman69
10-24-2011, 03:12 PM
He did have a pass to Pope out of the endzone that was just flat out dropped. Another one to Breaston that he made a diving effort for and just couldn't hold on to it.

You don't get a bonus for just missing.

whoman69
10-24-2011, 03:22 PM
ESPN gives him a just below average 41.6. I would guess he's that high because he didn't give up any sacks or fumbles.

Good news is the two worst QBs were Boller and Palmer for week 7 so far. Tebow was 4th worst.

O.city
10-24-2011, 03:23 PM
You don't get a bonus for just missing.

He didn't just miss those throws they were dropped.

Dartgod
10-24-2011, 03:29 PM
maybe he should be black then it would be accepted.i

Maybe you should not be retarded.
Posted via Mobile Device

whoman69
10-24-2011, 07:31 PM
He didn't just miss those throws they were dropped.

I would hardly call Breaston's play a drop. He missed that one.

O.city
10-24-2011, 07:32 PM
I would hardly call Breaston's play a drop. He missed that one.

it was a catchable ball tho. Only Breaston could catch it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Cassel has no touch on his passes . Watch a good QB and see what I mean.

splatbass
10-24-2011, 09:33 PM

They have a lot of money under the cap.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2011, 09:53 PM
What is flaccos passer rating in tonights game. It has to be ballsack.

10-24-2011, 10:03 PM
15/30 and a 38.0 rating with 2 INTs

Once again. He SUCKS !

Sad thing is that he actually looked better if you ignore the stats. weird. I had no idea his statline was that terrible.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-24-2011, 10:05 PM
AFC North hit the scheduling jackpot

So much of the NFL comes down to schedule, but it’s rarely talked about. We’ve heard a number of times this year how the Patriots won 11 games with Matt Cassel, but no one mentions how they faced one of the softest schedules in football that year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/24/afc-north-hit-the-scheduling-jackpot/

Just thought I would throw this in their for the Casshole ball-washers.

NJChiefsFan
10-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Sad thing is that he actually looked better if you ignore the stats. weird. I had no idea his statline was that terrible.

Haha I agree. The stats for once actually make Matt look worse. Obviously the first INT shouldn't count against him in an arguement. The guy still has all the issues he always did and always will. Atleast he used multiple recievers yesterday. That in itself was a positive for me.

Iconic
10-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Cassel>Flacco

NJChiefsFan
10-24-2011, 10:12 PM

Len Dawson didn't play in todays NFL. Really? Black QBs get breaks from fans? Thats news to me. Best part is you bring up Russel, who got zero love from anyone from the get go.

I also enjoy how Russel being a dud is proof that you shouldn't try to upgrade the position. Yet another ironic part in your post is you calling people idiots when you don't capitalize the first word of a sentence or use spaces after periods.