PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So, apparently, Hue was just trying to Lower Raider's fans expectations.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-27-2011, 04:33 PM
If you were surprised to see Carson Palmer make his Raiders debut last Sunday, you can only imagine how he felt.

"I was told I was not going to play. I didn't know the offense, I also hadn't been training and working out," Palmer told 95.7-FM on Wednesday. "So it was a complete shock to me at halftime when he told me, 'Hey, you know we're going to get you in, in the third quarter.'"

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
"He" is Raiders coach Hue Jackson, who turned to Palmer after an overwhelmed Kyle Boller threw three first-half interceptions against the Kansas City Chiefs. Palmer wasn't any better, throwing three picks himself during a 28-0 loss.

Asked what percentage of the playbook he knew entering the game, Palmer's answer spoke volumes about what he was facing in his debut.

"Oh man, I knew like about 15 plays and we ran the same 15 plays over and over again," he said.

Palmer didn't intimate Jackson had made a mistake, saying he'll never turn down a chance to play (unless, we'll interject, it's for the Bengals).

"I just said, 'All right, well that's what I'm here to do, I'm here to play football,'" he said. "I was very uncomfortable and obviously not ready or prepared but it's a game of unknowns, it's a game of having game plans when you go in and things change and my game plan was not play but I ended up playing."

Obviously, this was a boneheaded move by Jackson in hindsight, but it might have the unintended consequence of lowering expectations for Palmer in Oakland. For a player who hasn't posted a QB rating above 83 since the Bush administration, this is important.

Rain Man
10-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Palmer is throwing Jackson under the bus to make an excuse for his poor play. This is going to end well.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Palmer is throwing Jackson under the bus to make an excuse for his poor play. This is going to end well.

So, let me get this straight.... a guy who quits on his old team and refuses to play because the around him isn't very good and he can't win games there,...( a team that goes on to be 4-2 the year after with a rookie QB)....

A guy like that has trouble accepting responsibility for his own poor play? I am very, very surprised.

-King-
10-27-2011, 04:43 PM

Yeah. That was a very stupid move by Palmer.

Caseyguyrr
10-27-2011, 04:45 PM
if this type of shit is already starting barely into week 2, its all going to unfold very quickly

Hammock Parties
10-27-2011, 04:47 PM
we ran the same 15 plays over and over again

LMAO

I bet film review was fun for the Chiefs this week.

Easy 6
10-27-2011, 04:47 PM
l.o.l

Caseyguyrr
10-27-2011, 04:49 PM
just one more reason to despise the raiders

KCrockaholic
10-27-2011, 04:53 PM
God what a retarded organization, and we can't even blame it on Al anymore.

threebag
10-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Do we have or ever had a raider troll equal to knomo2724?

Ugly Duck
10-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Do we have or ever had a raider troll equal to knomo2724?ChiefsFanz are just frightened because Oakland finally has an elite QB! Hue Jackson will be in the HOF on the first ballot! Hey-Bey is better than Jerry Rice & ALL of our WRs are better than Bowe! KC will have to suffer through yet another OAK SuperBowl win this year! Our coaches are the best! Our players are the best! Every one of our 2011 draft picks will play in the ProBowl! McFadden is the best RB in the NFL!

BossChief
10-27-2011, 06:53 PM
u forgot the :)

notorious
10-27-2011, 06:55 PM
ChiefsFanz are just frightened because Oakland finally has an elite QB! Hue Jackson will be in the HOF on the first ballot! Hey-Bey is better than Jerry Rice & ALL of our WRs are better than Bowe! KC will have to suffer through yet another OAK SuperBowl win this year! Our coaches are the best! Our players are the best! Every one of our 2011 draft picks will play in the ProBowl! McFadden is the best RB in the NFL!

Alright, we finally smoked out the creator of KnowMo.

Marcellus
10-27-2011, 06:59 PM
WTF is KnowMo?

keg in kc
10-27-2011, 07:00 PM
I gotta say, I'm not really surprised by anything Palmer said. He joined the team when, Wednesday? Kinda "no shit" to hear he only knew 15 plays. I couldn't believe he was in pads for the game, much less that they played him. I'd ask "what kind of idiots would trade a 1st and a 2nd for a QB and then throw him in four days later?" if the question didn't answer itself. I wouldn't have even suited him up. All they're doing is making a mess.

Marcellus
10-27-2011, 07:02 PM
I gotta say, I'm not really surprised by anything Palmer said. He joined the team when, Wednesday? Kinda "no shit" to hear he only knew 15 plays. I couldn't believe he was in pads for the game, much less that they played him. I'd ask "what kind of idiots would trade a 1st and a 2nd for a QB and then throw him in four days later?" if the question didn't answer itself. I wouldn't have even suited him up. All they're doing is making a mess.

Yea, I was praying they started him. LMAO

Fritz88
10-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Palmer is and idiot.

FURY
10-27-2011, 07:05 PM

It didn't talk long for the crypt keeper to be rolling over in his grave. Good grief.

lcarus
10-27-2011, 07:07 PM

Well the dude was basically dead for the last 10 or so years anyhow.

Deberg_1990
10-27-2011, 07:27 PM
How long has Terrell Pryor been practicing? He probably would have been better off just throwing him out there. At least there would have been an excuse had he stunk up the joint (most likely)

SenselessChiefsFan
10-27-2011, 07:38 PM

Hue's handling of the situation was horrible. I loved it. He took a bad trade and made it worse.

I couldn't believe he did it. I am still waiting to wake up and realize that last week was a dream, that the Raiders didn't trade for Palmer and that we are going to have to play them this week.

Ridiculous. The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it seems.

He took away a huge confidence factor in Palmer. The rest of the team saw him as a 'savior'. Tim Tebow, he is not.

jspchief
10-27-2011, 08:06 PM
The only thing that can make Black Ninja Turtle's handling of that situation more of a disaster is Palmer coming out and and laying it all on him.

I look forward to watching this runaway train.

Marcellus
10-27-2011, 08:09 PM
The only thing that can make Black Ninja Turtle's handling of that situation more of a disaster is Palmer coming out and and laying it all on him.

I guarantee Palmer shit when he was traded to Oakland. His trump card got trumped, big time.

threebag
10-27-2011, 08:11 PM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6090/6039610827_47f30c2aaf_b.jpg

BlueBolt
10-27-2011, 08:11 PM
I guarantee Palmer shit when he was traded to Oakland. His trump card got trumped, big time.

Like playing in KC is a better situation.

Playing in Oak > Playing in KC

What the hell is there to do in Missouri anyway besides hanging out drunk redneck slobs who scream "home of the Chiefs" during pre game?

Ugly Duck
10-27-2011, 08:21 PM
What the hell is there to do in Missouri anyway besides hanging out drunk redneck slobs who scream "home of the Chiefs" during pre game?

This guy's writing style is exactly like the RaideFan n00b that was so active here before the game in Oakland. Even the genious barbs are almost carbon copies. You guyz know each other? You like twins..... or something?

jspchief
10-27-2011, 08:26 PM
This guy's writing style is exactly like the RaideFan n00b that was so active here before the game in Oakland. Even the genious barbs are almost carbon copies. You guyz know each other? You like twins..... or something?My money is on gochiefs, but regardless they are definitely the same guy's mults.

Extra Point
10-27-2011, 08:36 PM
An oratory lacing of Hue Jackson's clown shoes.

Goldmember
10-27-2011, 08:38 PM

ROFL I've been trying to place that face of his. Dead on man!

Marcellus
10-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Like playing in KC is a better situation.

Playing in Oak > Playing in KC

Well KC won the division last year and you and Oakland did what?

KCUnited
10-27-2011, 08:50 PM
After Palmer's comments, Oakland ran a fleeflicker for a 3 yard gain.

GloryDayz
10-28-2011, 05:21 AM
It's easy to see where this is going...

http://www.epicfail.net/files/images/camera-fail.jpg

bevischief
10-28-2011, 06:03 AM
ChiefsFanz are just frightened because Oakland finally has an elite QB! Hue Jackson will be in the HOF on the first ballot! Hey-Bey is better than Jerry Rice & ALL of our WRs are better than Bowe! KC will have to suffer through yet another OAK SuperBowl win this year! Our coaches are the best! Our players are the best! Every one of our 2011 draft picks will play in the ProBowl! McFadden is the best RB in the NFL!

ROFL

the Talking Can
10-28-2011, 06:34 AM
jackson is a flaming dumbass....you trade 2 firsts for a guy who has been watching soap operas all year, then on 3 days practice and with no advance notice you throw him into a real nfl game...one that is already out of control...

lucky as hell Palmer didn't get injured....Clown franchise