PDA

View Full Version : KU Who Covers MU when they leave?

Reerun_KC
10-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Which one of the local stations will cater to MU and the SEC?

Will they both continue to follow the Big 12 and give MU pub on the local stations?

Poll to follow.

Bambi
10-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Neither.

Grilling, Racing and Trivia.

That's all.

mnchiefsguy
10-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I think 810 will continue to cover MU...they might not cover them between 2-4 pm in the afternoon, but the morning show and Petro will continue to cover MU.

sedated
10-28-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm guessing they will get slightly more coverage than Nebraska has gotten this year.

KC is a Big 12 town. Especially considering meth-u is headed to the SEC east - I cannot see KC radio spending a bunch of time talking about Florida and Tennessee.

eazyb81
10-28-2011, 01:40 PM
No one. Mizzou will fade into oblivion. No one even cares about SEC sports.

Titty Meat
10-28-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm guessing they will get slightly more coverage than Nebraska has gotten this year.

KC is a Big 12 town. Especially considering meth-u is headed to the SEC east - I cannot see KC radio spending a bunch of time talking about Florida and Tennessee.

Has Nebraska even gotten coverage this year?

kstater
10-28-2011, 01:42 PM

No one has ever said that. However, no one in the midwest cares about SEC sports.

Fritz88
10-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Poll duplication fail.
Posted via Mobile Device

mnchiefsguy
10-28-2011, 01:46 PM
I also think it depends on the callers to these shows. If callers call and want to talk Mizzou, then Mizzou will be a topic on these radio shows.

evenfall
10-28-2011, 01:46 PM
KK chased most MU fans down the dial already.

eazyb81
10-28-2011, 01:47 PM
No one has ever said that. However, no one in the midwest cares about SEC sports.

Agree. Why would they? What has the SEC ever done?

Call me old fashioned, but the SEC can keep their Alabama and LSU. Give me Iowa State and Texas Tech talk, all day every day.

Bambi
10-28-2011, 01:47 PM

MU fans are already showing they don't care about the Big 12.

Only 64,000 showed up out of a possible 71,000 seat stadium last Saturday to see the #4 BCS ranked team come to town to play.

Reerun_KC
10-28-2011, 01:49 PM

No one is saying that. But in all honesty. When I want to hear sports. I want to hear about our local teams and the Titanic 12...

Georgia and Ole Miss really dont appeal to most of us here in the heartland..

Dont you agree?

mnchiefsguy
10-28-2011, 01:51 PM
MU fans are already showing they don't care about the Big 12.

Only 64,000 showed up out of a possible 71,000 seat stadium last Saturday to see the #4 BCS ranked team come to town to play.

How many fans came to see OU-KU again? And how many of those fans actually paid, given how many tickets KU was giving away for free on groupon? Keep the douche posts coming, dude....

Fish
10-28-2011, 01:52 PM

Exactly. Look at how Nebraska and Colorado are treated now that they left the Big 12. That should give you a good idea.

eazyb81
10-28-2011, 01:53 PM
No one is saying that. But in all honesty. When I want to hear sports. I want to hear about our local teams and the Titanic 12...

Georgia and Ole Miss really dont appeal to most of us here in the heartland..

Dont you agree?

In all honesty, stations will cater to their fanbase, and Mizzou has a large fanbase in KC that will clearly want to hear about the SEC. There will obviously be two conferences to discuss now, and talk time will be divided based on who is playing in big games that week.

I know it is fun to think Mizzou is getting blackballed by KC now but it is silly just like most of the other fantasies (we'll never play Mizzou again, we'll never play in the state of Missouri again, etc).

Bambi
10-28-2011, 01:53 PM
How many fans came to see OU-KU again? And how many of those fans actually paid, given how many tickets KU was giving away for free on groupon? Keep the douche posts coming, dude....

Yep.

Alabama, Georgia, LSU, etc.. always have about 10,000 empty seats when the #4 BCS team comes to town.

MU should fit right in.

ROFL

Mr. Plow
10-28-2011, 01:54 PM

Call me old fashioned, but the SEC can keep their Alabama and LSU. Give me Iowa State and Texas Tech talk, all day every day.

Why do we need 3 threads with the same bullshit in every single one of them?

You comparing ISU/TT to Alabama/LSU would be like comparing MU to Alabama/LSU. Now, ISU/TT to MU, that would be a better comparison.

Saulbadguy
10-28-2011, 01:55 PM
When MU finally does something noteworthy, i'm sure it will be covered at some point, by someone.

Bambi
10-28-2011, 01:56 PM

You comparing ISU/TT to Alabama/LSU would be like comparing MU to Alabama/LSU. Now, ISU/TT to MU, that would be a better comparison.

this.

Bambi
10-28-2011, 01:56 PM
When MU finally does something noteworthy, i'm sure it will be covered at some point, by someone.

this too

Reerun_KC
10-28-2011, 01:58 PM

:facepalm:

I think I would take this differently if you were a traditional SEC team by now..

But jumping in and throwing stones back as if you have done something in the SEC already is pretty comical. Hell if you done something here it would of been different.

But riding their coattails and acting like you have accomplished something in the SEC is just silly.

Mr. Plow
10-28-2011, 02:00 PM

I think I would take this differently if you were a traditional SEC team by now..

But jumping in and throwing stones back as if you have done something in the SEC already is pretty comical. Hell if you done something here it would of been different.

But riding their coattails and acting like you have accomplished something in the SEC is just silly.

Holy shit....even Ballsack gets it.

:)

Reerun_KC
10-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Holy shit....even Ballsack gets it.

:)

Well shit dude.

Its not a hard question to answer.. We all know the SEC has done alot in the last 10 years. And we all know that MU hasnt.

So answer the questions and quit jumping off the deep end. Who is going to cover MU sports in KC when they join the SEC?

Mr. Plow
10-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Well shit dude.

Its not a hard question to answer.. We all know the SEC has done alot in the last 10 years. And we all know that MU hasnt.

So answer the questions and quit jumping off the deep end. Who is going to cover MU sports in KC when they join the SEC?

I'll bet they get a little more coverage than Nebraska did this past year. There are a lot of MU fans in the area, but KC has always been a Big 8/Big 12 city.

eazyb81
10-28-2011, 02:08 PM

Who is riding coattails? I'm saying exciting SEC teams and games will be talked about over boring Big 12 teams and games, and vice versa.

There has been no reason to talk about big SEC games before now, but with a local team in the SEC there obviously will be unless you want to continue to the idea that Mizzou is somehow going to be blackballed from KC.

Not sure why this is difficult to understand.

eazyb81
10-28-2011, 02:10 PM
I'll bet they get a little more coverage than Nebraska did this past year. There are a lot of MU fans in the area, but KC has always been a Big 8/Big 12 city.

You do realize this is because all 3 of the local teams were, you know, actually in the Big 12, right?

Reerun_KC
10-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Who is riding coattails? I'm saying exciting SEC teams and games will be talked about over boring Big 12 teams and games, and vice versa.

There has been no reason to talk about big SEC games before now, but with a local team in the SEC there obviously will be unless you want to continue to the idea that Mizzou is somehow going to be blackballed from KC.

Not sure why this is difficult to understand.

WTF are you talking about?

Nobody is discussing this Jr...

Let me rephrase this for you and make it as simple as I can for you.

Which radio station will be your flagship here. 610 or 810? Which one will be your primary coverage source in KC?

eazyb81
10-28-2011, 02:15 PM
WTF are you talking about?

Nobody is discussing this Jr...

Let me rephrase this for you and make it as simple as I can for you.

Which radio station will be your flagship here. 610 or 810? Which one will be your primary coverage source in KC?

Actually a shitload of people have talked about this. KK started it and his mouthbreathing followers have parroted it. You should have followed the realignment thread closer instead of just popping in and lamenting that your team is stuck in the Big Leftover.

I don't think either 610 or 810 will be a primary coverage source for Mizzou if you are talking strictly about who is going to discuss their games, but they don't have one now either. Petro talks about everything. KK talks about the local guys. Nick Wright talks mainly Chiefs and pro sports. I don't see anything drastically changing.

mnchiefsguy
10-28-2011, 02:18 PM
If the racing boys get 30 minutes to an hour per week to yack about nascar, then I think there is still plenty of room for Mizzou coverage.

KK will have to cover Mizzou. I don't think his callers will let him blackball them for too long.

HemiEd
10-28-2011, 02:22 PM

KU doesn't claim to be a "Football" school that is too good for the Big 12.

I really do wish MU well, and I am really looking forward to see how they do.

This has been a very interesting drama.

CoMoChief
10-28-2011, 02:25 PM
They're still going to get covered probably the same amount I would think. The new teams that come into the B12 (WVU, TCU) won't get much coverage unless they're playing another local team like KSU or KU. (another words it's not like they're replacing MU in coverage).

And the SEC won't get any coverage really unless they're playing MU. So really I don't think the amount of coverage MU gets is going to change.....and to be honest with you, it really wasn't all the much of coverage to begin with. Chiefs/Royals/Jayhawks bball dominates this area......then it's everyone else (unless it's March w/ B12 tourney and the NCAA Tourney).

HemiEd
10-28-2011, 02:28 PM

Yeah, I called Saul Good for that stuff last week. It is their way of belittling the Big 12 and we are supposed to be too stupid to notice.

It makes them feel justified in becoming a pattsie for Alabama, Fl, Tennessee, LSU, Arkansas and South Carolina. Heck, Kentucky should look forward to them coming aboard along with Ol Miss.

But wait, I forgot, once they get that 12 million, they are going to convince them southern boys to come play for them up in Columbia, where it is colder, .....oops cooler.

bobbything
10-28-2011, 02:32 PM
In the beginning, since it'll be something new and shiny, they'll be getting plenty of coverage. But once the dust settles, MU won't get quite as much coverage as they're getting now. Currently, most KU/KSU fans like to listen to MU coverage because what MU does affects the conference standings, rivalries, and head-to-head matchups. When they leave, KU/KSU fans won't have the vested interest.

Though, I'll tune in to hear how they get obliterated by LSU, Alabama, and the such.

Bowser
10-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I wonder if Pinkel will keep his spot on Keitzman's show, or will KK's bleeding vag not allow him to have the segment.

Titty Meat
10-28-2011, 02:56 PM
I hope they cover SEC football more in the months of Jan-March. Basketball talk is boooooring.

Frazod
10-28-2011, 02:58 PM
How much has Nebraska talk dropped off since they bailed?

Bowser
10-28-2011, 02:59 PM

A bit, for sure. I know Petro makes an effort to talk up Nub football.

Titty Meat
10-28-2011, 03:30 PM
It's not like they talked about Nebraska much to begin with and when they did they were pretty clueless.

sedated
10-28-2011, 03:32 PM

I don't listen to petro, but I haven't heard the words "nebraska" or "colorado" uttered on any kc radio station this season.

Demonpenz
10-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi-vee is already deMIZZOUing their stores.

kstater
10-28-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't listen to petro, but I haven't heard the words "nebraska" or "colorado" uttered on any kc radio station this season.

To be fair, CU football isn't even discussed in Colorado. They're like the KU of the Rockies.

veist
10-28-2011, 04:25 PM
To be fair, CU football isn't even discussed in Colorado. They're like the KU of the Rockies.

Do they talk about CU at all?

mnchiefsguy
10-28-2011, 04:41 PM
KU doesn't claim to be a "Football" school that is too good for the Big 12.

I really do wish MU well, and I am really looking forward to see how they do.

This has been a very interesting drama.

MU might claim to be a football school, but they have never said they were too good for the Big 12.

If you could keep making douchey statements like that, your vote total might have been closer to Wickedson's.

Bowser
10-28-2011, 04:45 PM
The line of thinking that MU is "too good" for the Big IIX has been perpetuated by fans of rival schools that wish their school had an out of this doomed conference like MU does, plain and simple.

Bambi
10-28-2011, 04:45 PM
MU might claim to be a football school, but they have never said they were too good for the Big 12.

If you could keep making douchey statements like that, your vote total might have been closer to Wickedson's.

MU is a football school?

:doh!:

LiveSteam
10-28-2011, 04:46 PM
It smells of stinky unshaven pussy in this thread. ^^^^

Bowser
10-28-2011, 04:46 PM
It smells of stinky pussy in this thread

Good thing a douche came along to clean it all up, amirite?

:p

LiveSteam
10-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Good thing a douche came along to clean it all up, amirite?

mnchiefsguy
10-28-2011, 04:53 PM
MU is a football school?

:doh!:

That is what you and Hemi keep telling us. Can't have it both ways dipshit-- Can't say MU is a football school and rag about the attendance, AND say that they are not a football school and rag about the attendance.

You make these idiotic statements about MU's football attendance like it is bad, when you are not even smart enough to factor things such as:

1. Seats on the lawn, which should not really count since there are no actually seats, and therefore capacity cannot truly be measured

and

2. The fact that the other school gets tickets too. Neither Iowa State nor OSU sold there full allotment of tickets. Both returned tickets.

MU has destroyed KU in attendance in football this year...but it is okay for KU because they are not a football school. Since you are now not considering MU a football school, then MU must be doing pretty well then.

Oh, and when basketball season comes around, I bet Mizzou Arena will get its fair share of tickets sold too.

There are lots of things about Mizzou that can be legitimately criticized for, attendance and fan support, however, are not on that list.

Bambi
10-28-2011, 05:35 PM
That is what you and Hemi keep telling us. Can't have it both ways dipshit-- Can't say MU is a football school and rag about the attendance, AND say that they are not a football school and rag about the attendance.

You make these idiotic statements about MU's football attendance like it is bad, when you are not even smart enough to factor things such as:

1. Seats on the lawn, which should not really count since there are no actually seats, and therefore capacity cannot truly be measured

and

2. The fact that the other school gets tickets too. Neither Iowa State nor OSU sold there full allotment of tickets. Both returned tickets.

MU has destroyed KU in attendance in football this year...but it is okay for KU because they are not a football school. Since you are now not considering MU a football school, then MU must be doing pretty well then.

Oh, and when basketball season comes around, I bet Mizzou Arena will get its fair share of tickets sold too.

There are lots of things about Mizzou that can be legitimately criticized for, attendance and fan support, however, are not on that list.

So its a completely normal thing that schools don't sell out when the #4 BCS team comes to town?

|Zach|
10-28-2011, 05:36 PM
The same people that cover MU now. Comparisons to CU + NU are apples and organizes.

Bowser
10-28-2011, 05:37 PM
The same people that cover MU now. Comparisons to CU + NU are apples and organizes.

We need an addendum to the lexicon.

notorious
10-28-2011, 05:41 PM
610 and 810 will cover MU if they are successful.

We'll see. LMAO

allen_kcCard
10-28-2011, 05:41 PM
I'd love to see a KC station step up and focus in more on missouri sports as a whole. Cover MU, Chiefs, Royals, Cards, Rams, Sporting primarily, and easily expand into KU, KSU as well for the thick fan coverage. With those, the B12 and SEC would be talked about a lot. It still chaps my ass how KC sports talk acts like St. Loius is in another freaking country. I don't give a rats ass about the Rams, but ignoring the Cardinals and the Rams just because it is part of another large city in the same state is silly to me.

edit: Add the Blues in there as well for that matter.

mnchiefsguy
10-28-2011, 05:42 PM
So its a completely normal thing that schools don't sell out when the #4 BCS team comes to town?

Is it completely normal for KU fans to embarrass themselves with their complete lack of support when #3 ranked OU comes to town? The attendance at KU was pathetic...buy one get one free tickets and still could not sell it out.

Nice try, but you look like a complete idiot every time you bring up this argument. Even your fellow KU fans think you are an idiot on this one.

notorious
10-28-2011, 05:43 PM
I'd love to see a KC station step up and focus in more on missouri sports as a whole. Cover MU, Chiefs, Royals, Cards, Rams, Sporting primarily, and easily expand into KU, KSU as well for the thick fan coverage. With those, the B12 and SEC would be talked about a lot. It still chaps my ass how KC sports talk acts like St. Loius is in another freaking country. I don't give a rats ass about the Rams, but ignoring the Cardinals and the Rams just because it is part of another large city in the same state is silly to me.

edit: Add the Blues in there as well for that matter.

Why?

They are playing to their demographic.

notorious
10-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Is it completely normal for KU fans to embarrass themselves with their complete lack of support when #3 ranked OU comes to town? The attendance at KU was pathetic...buy one get one free tickets and still could not sell it out.

Nice try, but you look like a complete idiot every time you bring up this argument. Even your fellow KU fans think you are an idiot on this one.

It is kind of pathetic, though. I am not a KU fan, either.

Bambi
10-28-2011, 05:47 PM

Why do you refuse to answer the question?

KU isn't going to the SEC.

KU doesn't claim to be a football school?

It's not that complicated.

Mr. Plow
10-28-2011, 05:49 PM

But, according to MU fans, KU doesn't care about football. Toss on top of us not caring the fact that we are one of the worst defensive teams in college football history, playing a top 5 team....attendance is expected to be low.

But, with MU being the football powerhouse that they are, surely THEY could sell out their lower end SEC stadium when a top 5 team comes in regardless of how horrible they are.

allen_kcCard
10-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Why?

They are playing to their demographic.

Because their demographic has a strict 0% cardinals fans? I would say that a very large percentage of MU fans are also cards fans, so far this poll is saying that the stations feel there is a good demographic for MU to continue to be covered.

ImAWalkingCorpse
10-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Steven St. John will cover MU, Soren will try to cover them and Nick Wright will cover them. Fescoe, Kietzman won't.

|Zach|
10-28-2011, 05:57 PM
We need an addendum to the lexicon.

Yea, total brain fart. Hahaha.

notorious
10-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Because their demographic has a strict 0% cardinals fans? I would say that a very large percentage of MU fans are also cards fans, so far this poll is saying that the stations feel there is a good demographic for MU to continue to be covered.

Radio stations make money from advertisement.

Advertisement is paid for by Companies that make money from listeners.

If playing non-stop Cards and Mizzou talk would help the station bring in more listeners and sale ads they would do it. PERIOD.

BTW, using a CP poll as proof to your point is not going to convince anyone.