PDA

View Full Version : Misc Paypal Question: How to request money from an individual buyer to your Paypal acct.

CoMoChief
10-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Selling something on craigslist. (LOL it's an authentic Jets Keyshawn Johnson jersey, never was mine, my stepmom found it while cleaning her house and asked if I wanted it, so I said sure thinking I could sell it to some asshole in the Jersey area). Selling it for only $60, and posted in the ad that this would include the price of shipping as I looked online w/ USPS and shipping in one of the flat rate boxes would be around $5. I could safely pack the jersey in one of them I would think. It's actually a nice jersey, fits me perfectly in fact, mint condition, I just wouldn't ever be caught dead wearing it.

The guy responded to me and is interested. On the CL ad, I informed him that since living across the country, that paypal was the only method I would accept. I have a paypal account, and have used it once before to buy something off of eBay, but that's it. Never sold anything to anyone before and received money from anyone to my acct. etc. So, what are some tips in ensuring I get my money. Obviously, I think I should make sure the payment is in my PP acct, before I ship the item. But what (if any) information do I give this guy?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ming the Merciless
10-29-2011, 05:02 PM
send them a bill with paypal...to their e-mail address

Its easy

Once you send the bill its on him to pay, and all they see is your name and email address...

Ming the Merciless
10-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Its in the 'request money' tab

Dr. Gigglepants
10-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Yep, just go to the paypal website and request money from his email address. That is the only piece of info you should need. Make sure you make that asshole pay the paypal fee though.

BryanBusby
10-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Just make sure the address tied to the account is confirmed and only ship to that address. Send it with tracking and make the buyer sign to receive.

Also document the quality of the jersey well before you send it, incase he tries to dispute due to bad quality.

In other words, be overly cautious with this as paypal will almost always side with the buyer.

CoMoChief
10-29-2011, 06:34 PM
cool thanks to u all!!!