PDA

View Full Version : Mock

Direckshun
10-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Assumption:

1. The Chiefs finish 4-6 and conclude the season at 7-9. They are picking at #13.

2. Cassel and Haley, credited for a decent performance against a brutal schedule, are both retained for the conceivable future. There is no talk of the Chiefs looking for another franchise QB.

3. We tender ILB Jovan Belcher & K Ryan Succop.

4. We franchise WR Dwayne Bowe, a big deal pending a la Tamba Hali.

5. We re-sign CB Brandon Carr to a multi-year deal.

6. We re-sign FB Le'Ron McClain, WR Jerheme Urban, TE Leonard Pope, ILB Brandon Siler, OLB Andy Studebaker, CB Travis Daniels, and S Jon McGraw to one-year deals.

7. We let go of the following players: RB Thomas Jones, OT Barry Richardson, OT Jared Gaither, C Casey Wiegmann, NT Kelly Gregg, and DE Wallace Gilberry.

On we go.

1. OT Riley Reiff, Iowa -- Big ass farm boy, locks down the RT position.

2. NT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington -- Drops due to the fact that he does not seem to be a prototypical NT. Chiefs scoop him up in the second round and pit him against Aman Gordon and Jerrell Powe for starting NT duties.

3. OLB Chase Thomas, Stanford -- We need a Vrabel type with some passrushing ability. Thomas is tailor-made for this defense, and is super versatile in Stanford's 3-4 defense.

4. TE Orson Charles, Georgia -- This team needs more talent at the TE position. Charles is undersized (230 lbs) but a decent blocker and a phenomenal threat down the field.

5. S Winston Guy Jr., Kentucky -- A true nose-for-the-ball type that the Chiefs can use in their countless nickel and dime packages. Can play either the strong or the free, and gives us the depth we've long needed.

6. OG/OT Art Forst, Rutgers -- Bit of a project by yours truly. Is a great sized interior lineman with good measurables, but is coming out of a shit situation in Rutgers. Can be a tackle or a guard, who knows.

7. QB E.J. Manuel, Florida State -- Should he come out this year, he has the measurables the Chiefs love. Big QB, he'd have the strongest arm on the squad, good accuracy, very, very mobile.

Direckshun
10-30-2011, 12:52 AM
QB: Cassel, Stanzi, Manuel
RB: Charles, Battle, McCluster, McClain
FB: McClain

WR: Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Colbert, McCluster
TE: Moeaki, Charles, O'Connell, Pope

LT: Albert, Reiff
LG: Lilja, Harris
C: Hudson, Harris
RG: Asamoah, Forst
RT: Reiff, Forst

DE: Dorsey, Gordon
NT: Powe, Ta'amu, Gordon
DE: Jackson, Bailey

OLB: Hali, Sheffield
ILB: Belcher, Siler
ILB: Johnson, Williams
OLB: Thomas, Houston, Studebaker

CB: Flowers, Carr, Arenas, Brown, Daniels, Washington
S: Berry, Lewis, Guy, McGraw, Washington

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford
KR/PR: Arenas, McCluster

jd1020
10-30-2011, 02:42 PM
There is no talk of the Chiefs looking for another franchise QB.

That's where I stopped.

O.city
10-30-2011, 07:50 PM
It Gaither is healthy he will be retained. Urbhan, Pope, and Mcgraw are gone. Gillberry will be kept more than likely.

If we don't draft a qb with our 1st pick, I'm gonna lose it. There is one position holding this team back.

aturnis
10-30-2011, 10:02 PM
It Gaither is healthy he will be retained. Urbhan is gone. Gillberry will be kept more than likely.

If we don't draft a qb with our 1st pick, I'm gonna lose it. There is one position holding this team back.

Fixed it. In my opinion, other than the way we fans feel, Haley has no reason to get rid of Pope. If we draft one, I expect him to stay in the group, even at #3. As for McGraw, of course we don't care for him, but Haley trusts him in so many ways. I'm sure he's a huge help for other players in the classroom, obviously special teams, and while not stellar, he's probably served us a lot better this season than a rookie would have. Not the best in coverage, but pretty solid in run support. Washington has been playing alright also, it'd probably be Piscatelli gone long before anyone else, and if they are going to get rid of another it'll be between Washington and McGraw.

Direckshun
10-30-2011, 10:16 PM
It Gaither is healthy he will be retained. Urbhan, Pope, and Mcgraw are gone. Gillberry will be kept more than likely.

That's where I stopped.

Feel free to share what franchise QBs you'd consider taking at #13 or any round after.

BossChief
10-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Luck
Barkley
Foles
RG3

I would be happy is we drafted any of these guys with our top pick, but I would kiss all those picks, and then some, goodbye if we could move up for Luck.

Hell, Id probably give up a few of them to draft Barkley, too.

BryanBusby
10-30-2011, 11:42 PM
No QB early or RB at all? Meh

JimmiH
10-31-2011, 06:34 AM
very usefull information, thanks!

suds79
10-31-2011, 07:23 AM
That's where I stopped.

This.

All other moves just don't matter until this team gets serious about trying to groom a franchise QB.

jd1020
10-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Feel free to share what franchise QBs you'd consider taking at #13 or any round after.

Any? This team doesn't have a franchise QB so they don't have the option of drafting "another."

Luck/Barkley/Jones are all potential franchise QB's but likely off the board with Denver giving up on Tebow after 2 games, didn't see that coming at all!

Then we are left with RG3/Foles/Tannehill in the second. RG3 has been regressing these last couple of weeks and if he continues he might play himself out of the 1st round. Personally, I like Tannehill, out of these 3.

Foles is also a consideration but likely gone by the time the Chiefs pick in the 2nd and lets not kid ourselves, Cassel is going to be starting through next year unless he really has a colossus meltdown. With Cassel starting next year, I don't see him making it to 2013 continuing with his current "success" and his salary increasing to 7.5 and 9mil, that would give someone like Tannehill a good solid year to prepare. He's got the size, 6'4'' 220. He takes snaps under center. He's got good accuracy on short/medium routes. He's got good accuracy throwing on the run. He's a converted QB, ex-WR, so he has the athleticism to make a play with his feet if he needs to. He still needs to work on his footwork (what QB coming out of college doesnt?) and he needs to work on his deep throws.

suds79
10-31-2011, 01:37 PM

I'll take my chances on RG3 and groom him for one year.

If nothing else, I want the Chiefs to start at least trying at QB high in the draft. Obviously what they have been doing isn't working.

Sofa King
11-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Kelly Gregg has been playing damn well. I'd hate to see him leave.

O.city
11-02-2011, 01:39 PM
If Pioli and company believe the team is, personnel wise, where we all seem to agree it is, he would be best served to get up in the draft and get one of the qbs.