PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Some Think Chiefs Could Be Interested In Former Patriot Leigh Bodden

malachi47000
10-31-2011, 09:54 AM
The New England Patriots made a curious decision last week when they dumped CB Leigh Bodden, a move not many people saw coming. It became even more curious the following day when the Pats placed CB Ras-I Dowling on injured reserve, ending his season.

Because we're past the trade deadline, Bodden hits the waiver wire before becoming an unrestricted free agent. That means every team, including the Kansas City Chiefs, will have the opportunity to claim him (and his contract) off the waiver wire.

Some people, including Peter King of SI.com, think the Chiefs could express some interest.

Star-divide

Among teams with more than $5 million in cap room this year who could be kicking the tires: Niners, Bengals, Bucs, Chiefs and Bills ... and because you can never eliminate them when it comes to cover guys, the Jets.

Bodden has two years and just under $10 million remaining on his four-year contract signed prior to the 2009 season. He would cost about $2 million to pick up for the remainder of the season.

Would the Chiefs do it?

My gut tells me probably not. I'm just not sure that's a huge need right now. King says that he's hearing that Bodden was going through the motions because he wasn't one of the Pats top three corners. In KC, it'd be a similar situation as he wouldn't be slotted above CB Brandon Flowers or CB Brandon Carr.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/10/31/2526841/chiefs-waiver-wire-patriots-leigh-bodden

Rain Man
10-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Who would we cut to sign him? I'm happy with our corners all the way down the roster.

BigMeatballDave
10-31-2011, 09:58 AM
No need for him here unless he can play safety...

RealSNR
10-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Peter "Sofa" King also thinks it's a good idea to drink cooking lard by the gallon.

Sofa King
10-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Sign him, cut Bowe or Carr since we won't resign them anyways.

Championship.

bevischief
10-31-2011, 10:00 AM

Or RT.

mlyonsd
10-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Uh, no thanks.

Chief Faithful
10-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Why would the Chiefs be interested? Every CB on Chiefs roster, even Lawrence on the PS, is better than Bodden.

whoman69
10-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Because we're interested in everybody who gets cut by another team because they have to be better than someone on our roster.

FURY
10-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Why would the Chiefs be interested? Every CB on Chiefs roster, even Lawrence on the PS, is better than Bodden.

If the Patriots cut Bodden, he must be bad. They have a college secondary right now.

58kcfan89
10-31-2011, 02:21 PM

This. Unless he's willing & able to play safety until next year when EB29 comes back, I don't want him.

malachi47000
11-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Last Friday the New England Patriots surprisingly released veteran CB Leigh Bodden which meant he went to the waiver wire, available for any NFL team to claim him (and his contract). By Monday, we found out he wasn't claimed and became a free agent.

That brings us to now. Bodden, according to Charlie Casserly of CBS, worked out for the Kansas City Chiefs this week.

I said earlier this week that I'm not sure adding Bodden made a ton of sense for KC considering the talent they have in the secondary and that Bodden may be more interested in a multi-year commitment elsewhere but I suppose you can't have enough players you like. I certainly wouldn't boo the addition of Bodden, if that's what the Chiefs decide to do.

Bodden started in the league in 1993 2003 when he was picked up by the Cleveland Browns after going undrafted. In 2008, he was traded to the Detroit Lions and made his way to New England the following year. In 2010, he signed a multi-year contract with the Patriots.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/11/2/2533798/leigh-bodden-visits-kansas-city-chiefs

Deberg_1990
11-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Last Friday the New England Patriots surprisingly released veteran CB Leigh Bodden which meant he went to the waiver wire, available for any NFL team to claim him (and his contract). By Monday, we found out he wasn't claimed and became a free agent.

That brings us to now. Bodden, according to Charlie Casserly of CBS, worked out for the Kansas City Chiefs this week.

I said earlier this week that I'm not sure adding Bodden made a ton of sense for KC considering the talent they have in the secondary and that Bodden may be more interested in a multi-year commitment elsewhere but I suppose you can't have enough players you like. I certainly wouldn't boo the addition of Bodden, if that's what the Chiefs decide to do.

Bodden started in the league in 1993 2003 when he was picked up by the Cleveland Browns after going undrafted. In 2008, he was traded to the Detroit Lions and made his way to New England the following year. In 2010, he signed a multi-year contract with the Patriots.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/11/2/2533798/leigh-bodden-visits-kansas-city-chiefs

id be ok with adding him. You can never have enough CB depth.

Urc Burry
11-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I like where are corner backs are right now. Not a big fan of this.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2011, 04:06 PM
id be ok with adding him. You can never have enough CB depth.

Basically the Chiefs have to ask: Is he better than Jalil Brown or Travis Daniels? Because he would take one of their spots.

Mr. Laz
11-02-2011, 05:33 PM
If we think he can come in a cover a freaking safety better than Jon McGraw then it might not be a bad idea. At 6'1,200lbs he has the size to play some safety.

cut piscotelli and bring bodden in

TheSourceX1
11-02-2011, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing him in on nickel & dime sets instead of quick-draw. T.E. coverage will be key in our game against the Pats ... they run 2 tight end sets and both go out for passes ... Brady loves that check down to the t.e. shit. It might be nice to see a db cover rb's on wheel routes so we don't see Houston getting lit up in coverage ... he was there but never bothered to look for the ball.

Priest31kc
11-02-2011, 06:02 PM
If we think he can come in a cover a freaking safety better than Jon McGraw then it might not be a bad idea. At 6'1,200lbs he has the size to play some safety.

cut piscotelli and bring bodden in

Yes

boogblaster
11-02-2011, 08:22 PM
safety .. yes ....