@Kansas City (4-3)
New York Jets (4-3)
@San Diego (4-3)
@Minnesota (2-6)
Chicago (4-3)
New England (5-2)
@Buffalo (5-2)
Kansas City (4-3)
Combined Opponent Record: (36-28; .5625)

Kansas City
Miami (0-7)
Denver (2-5)
@New England (5-2)
Pittsburgh (6-2)
@Chicago (4-3)
@New York Jets (4-3)
Green Bay (7-0)
Oakland (4-3)
@Denver (2-5)
Combined Opponent Record: (34-30; .5313)

Oakland
Denver (2-5)
@San Diego (4-3)
@Minnesota (2-6)
Chicago (4-3)
@Miami (0-7)
@Green Bay (7-0)
Detroit (6-2)
@Kansas City (4-3)
San Diego (4-3)
Combined Opponent Record: (33-32; .5077)

San Diego
Green Bay (7-0)
Oakland (4-3)
@Chicago (4-3)
Denver (2-5)
@Jacksonville (2-6)
Buffalo (5-2)
Baltimore (5-2)
@Detroit (6-2)
@Oakland (4-3)
Combined Opponent Record: (39-26; .6000)

jd1020
11-01-2011, 06:39 AM
Taking records out and just looking at the teams.

SD has the easiest remaining schedule.

keg in kc
11-01-2011, 06:41 AM
I would say Oakland does. The only advantage SD has is that Buffalo and Baltimore are home games. That schedule is pretty brutal even so, though.

I would not be surprised by an 8-8 or 9-7 division winner, in any case.

the Talking Can
11-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Denver could easily lose the rest of their games

we have a bitch of a schedule coming up...yikes

jd1020
11-01-2011, 06:44 AM
I would say Oakland does. The only advantage SD has is that Buffalo and Baltimore are home games. That schedule is pretty brutal even so, though.

I would not be surprised by an 8-8 or 9-7 division winner, in any case.

GB is the only brutal game on their schedule.

Baltimores offense is a joke.

Buffalo and Detroit are not as good as their records.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2011, 06:48 AM
This is a difficult way to end the season:

Baltimore (5-2)
@Detroit (6-2)
@Oakland (4-3)

Direckshun
11-01-2011, 06:48 AM
It's impossible to judge these schedules.

The NFL is so ass backwards insane this year.

keg in kc
11-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Denver could easily lose the rest of their games

we have a bitch of a schedule coming up...yikesWe can't have a hiccup of any kind from here-on out. We slip up even once against a team like Miami or Denver and that's it. Game over. Win those 3, we're sitting at 7 in the good column. Beat Oakland at Arrowhead in week 16 and that's 8. Take one of three in the other road games (NE, Bears, Jets) that's 9. That leaves Pittsburgh and Green Bay. Win one of those, that's 10.

That's probably what it's going to take...

If Oakland or San Diego can win more than 10 games with the schedules they have left (and in the shape they're both in...) then they deserve the crown.

Same goes for us.

I said it a few weeks ago, and I'll reiterate it here: we could really regret that 20-17 loss in San Diego by year's end. Maybe it's not a fair way to look at it, maybe Succop misses a chip shot, maybe they lose the game in overtime, but man, Cassel's WTF pick there could end up being the difference between playoffs and golf.

Or they could end the year 7-9. That wouldn't surprise me either at this point. We still haven't beaten a good team. In my opinion at least.

bevischief
11-01-2011, 06:52 AM
I am only worried over the Steelers, Green Bay and the Jets games. The others not so much.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Yeah, but you can't realistically expect to sweep the division.

5-1 would be outstanding.

Considering our injuries, 9-7 would be a great achievement for this team.

keg in kc
11-01-2011, 06:59 AM

Considering our injuries, 9-7 would be a great achievement for this team.No doubt, but you can't really think about it that way. The first SD game was I think a winnable game and they dropped the ball. 'course, on the other hand, SD just gave them one back last night, so it all balances out.

As far as 9-7 goes, heck, there are probably people who would argue that record would have been an achievement without the Moeaki/Barry/Charles injures. And I think it's pretty miraculous they're at 4-3 right now after the first two weeks. I know I just said they haven't beaten a good team yet, and that's true in my mind, but they also looked to be (far and away) the league's worst team themselves after week 2. So that's a hell of a turnaround, regardless of the opponents.

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Taking records out and just looking at the teams.

SD has the easiest remaining schedule.

GB is the only brutal game on their schedule.

Baltimores offense is a joke.

Disagree completely.

Looking at the non-common remaining opponents:
KC - Miami, New England, Pittsburgh, New York Jets
SD - Jacksonville, Buffalo, Baltimore, Detroit

I'd MUCH rather play a team with a dynamic pass game, no running game, and a crappy defense (New England) instead of a team with a good defense and strong running game (Baltimore).

Jacksonville is better than Miami.

Buffalo is better than Pittsburgh.

Detroit is better than the Jets.

On top of that they play Oakland twice and Denver once where we get Denver twice and Oakland once (at home).

Hammock Parties
11-01-2011, 07:05 AM
I think San Diego is a good team.

Good enough for me. That was an accomplishment. We slayed some personal demons last night.

jd1020
11-01-2011, 07:07 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

ChiTown
11-01-2011, 07:08 AM
All I know is that we HAVE TO win the next 2 games if we want to stay in the hunt. After week 10, our schedule becomes a mother fucker.

JD10367
11-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Looking at the non-common remaining opponents:
KC - Miami, New England, Pittsburgh, New York Jets
SD - Jacksonville, Buffalo, Baltimore, Detroit

I'd MUCH rather play a team with a dynamic pass game, no running game, and a crappy defense (New England) instead of a team with a good defense and strong running game (Baltimore).

Jacksonville is better than Miami.

Detroit is better than the Jets.

Those are all subjective statements. Six of the eight can beat anyone on any given Sunday. The two Florida teams are poor. It's pretty equal.

I could see the ball bouncing the wrong way for either side in any of those games. The only powerhouse this year appears to be Green Bay.

Aries Walker
11-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Generally speaking, 10-6 makes the playoffs. I think it will certainly be enough to win this division. In order to get that, we have to either beat at least one of New England, Pittsburgh, or Green Bay (oog), or win every other game.

That said, 9-7 may be good enough too, but even if we don't make it, I'm happy where we are right now.

Just please God, don't let Oakland win it.

GayFrogs
11-01-2011, 07:29 AM
We can't have a hiccup of any kind from here-on out. We slip up even once against a team like Miami or Denver and that's it. Game over. Win those 3, we're sitting at 7 in the good column. Beat Oakland at Arrowhead in week 16 and that's 8. Take one of three in the other road games (NE, Bears, Jets) that's 9. That leaves Pittsburgh and Green Bay. Win one of those, that's 10.

That's probably what it's going to take...

If Oakland or San Diego can win more than 10 games with the schedules they have left (and in the shape they're both in...) then they deserve the crown.

Same goes for us.

I said it a few weeks ago, and I'll reiterate it here: we could really regret that 20-17 loss in San Diego by year's end. Maybe it's not a fair way to look at it, maybe Succop misses a chip shot, maybe they lose the game in overtime, but man, Cassel's WTF pick there could end up being the difference between playoffs and golf.

Disagreed with the last post. 0-3 will put a much greater sense of urgency in a team than 0-2.

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2011, 07:37 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

How is that laughable?

More productive running game - Buffalo.
Total offense: Bills (30ppg), Steelers (22ppg)
Scoring defense: Bills (21ppg), Steelers (17.4ppg)

Steelers wins: Seattle, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Jacksonville, New England
Combined record: 11-24
Steelers losses: Baltimore (raped), Houston
Combined record: 10-5

Bills wins: KC, Oakland, New England, Philadelphia, Washington
Combined record: 19-16
Bills losses: Cincinnati, New York Giants
Combined record: 10-4

Bills losses have been by a combined 6pts.

jd1020
11-01-2011, 07:38 AM
How is that laughable?

More productive passing game - Buffalo.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Some one trying to make a case for the Bills being better than the #1 team in the AFC is fucking laughable.

keg in kc
11-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Smilies don't make for a very effective rebuttal.

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2011, 07:39 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Exactly - you've got nothing.

jd1020
11-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Comparing wins is the stupidest thing anyone can bring to an argument.

Steelers are the best team in the AFC.

Put them both head to head in the AFC Championship game, who wins? Not the Bills.

trndobrd
11-01-2011, 08:05 AM
I think 9-7 wins the division. The path to 9-7 for each:

KC: Miami, Den, either @CHI or @NYJ, Oakland, @Den

OAK: Den, @Minn, CHI, @MIA, SD

SD: Oak, Den, @JAX, either BUFF or BALT, @Oak

DEN: Win all home games, win 3 of 5 on the road.

Oakland and SD will both have to win the week 17 game in Oakland. Oakland has the easiest path, but too much turmoil to put it all together without laying an egg on the road at Minn or MIA. As much as it pains me, we will probably be rooting for an Oakland win over SD at the end of the season.

Any team that fails to take care of business with Denver will be out of the running.

FringeNC
11-01-2011, 08:29 AM
We'll be in pretty good shape if we don't give one of the next two easy home games away. We'll be 6-3 and need a win or two against some playoff teams to make the playoffs. We'll see if Cassel can do it.

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2011, 08:34 AM

Put them both head to head in the AFC Championship game, who wins? Not the Bills.

I disagree and unless you have anything more than your (misguided) opinion and statement that the "Steelers are the best team in the AFC" then STFU. The Bills have been far more impressive this season.

ThaVirus
11-01-2011, 08:37 AM
How is that laughable?

Convincing argument. I have to concur.

Mr. Laz
11-01-2011, 08:47 AM
we are looking at .500 imo

wins against miami,denver puts us at 6-3
lose the next 5 (@Pats,Pittsburgh,@Chicago,@Jets,Green Bay) 6-8
win out with the final 2 (Oakland,@Denver) 8-8

could pull an upset against chicago or Jets
could screw up and lose any game at any time

7-9 to 9-7 range

mnchiefsguy
11-01-2011, 08:50 AM
KC has to win the games their are supposed to win--Miami, two against Denver, and Oakland at home. That gets us to eight.

Of the five remaining games (the murderer's row that everyone has been dreading), I think Chicago is the most winnable. We need to go 2-3 in those five games and we get to 10. I think we get to 10 and we win the division again. Pittsburgh is the best team in the league, but the game is at Arrowhead on Sunday Night, and the place will be rocking more than it was last night, so we have a chance. The Jets are beatable too.

New England and Green Bay would be big upset for this team.

We have a chance...and after such a horrible start and the injuries, it is a great feeling to have the season mean something again.

mnchiefsguy
11-01-2011, 08:54 AM
we are looking at .500 imo

wins against miami,denver puts us at 6-3
lose the next 5 (@Pats,Pittsburgh,@Chicago,@Jets,Green Bay) 6-8
win out with the final 2 (Oakland,@Denver) 8-8

could pull an upset against chicago or Jets
could screw up and lose any game at any time

7-9 to 9-7 range

I just don't see us losing all five of those games. Chicago is mediocre this year and very beatable. Of the remaining four, I think KC can find a win somewhere.

loochy
11-01-2011, 08:55 AM

This is the kind of faulty logic that people use when they say that the Chargers are the class of the AFC on a yearly basis. :thumb:

Dr. Gigglepants
11-01-2011, 08:56 AM
KC has to win the games their are supposed to win--Miami, two against Denver, and Oakland at home. That gets us to eight.

Of the five remaining games (the murderer's row that everyone has been dreading), I think Chicago is the most winnable. We need to go 2-3 in those five games and we get to 10. I think we get to 10 and we win the division again. Pittsburgh is the best team in the league, but the game is at Arrowhead on Sunday Night, and the place will be rocking more than it was last night, so we have a chance. The Jets are beatable too.

New England and Green Bay would be big upset for this team.

We have a chance...and after such a horrible start and the injuries, it is a great feeling to have the season mean something again.

agree, plus if we do make the playoffs, it will most likely be a rematch game, so maybe some familiarity will help us. Our game would be at home too assuming we do win the division. For some reason this team has mojo this year. should be fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2011, 08:57 AM
How is that laughable?

I notice that I omitted Arizona from the list of Steelers wins. The numbers before also did not include results from this week. Adjusting for that alters the combined record of the teams they've defeated from 11-24 to 13-30. Very impressive. Clearly the best team in the AFC. :rolleyes:

mnchiefsguy
11-01-2011, 08:58 AM
I notice that I omitted Arizona from the list of Steelers wins. The numbers before also did not include results from this week. Adjusting for that alters the combined record of the teams they've defeated from 11-24 to 13-30. Very impressive. Clearly the best team in the AFC. :rolleyes:

I would say that Pitt does appear to be the best team in the AFC, but Buffalo is having a very good year, and would be competitive on the field against them. The fact that SD has not played Buffalo yet helps us.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Well, this is the NFL. Schedules stay the same, but the strength of the opponents change every week. Teams are affected by everything from injuries, to travel schedules, to motivation, to pride.

On paper, Oakland seems to have the easiest road. But, that can change weekly.

Heck, do the Broncos put up more of a fight out of pride for getting routed last week? Do the Phins play hard knowing they were so close?

Much of the season is left. If the Chiefs win the next two games, I think they are sitting in good shape. I think they have a chance against the Steelers at home, and the Jets and Chicago on the road.

I think the NE game would be a whole lot more interesting at Arrowhead. But, it will be a fun watch. I think the Steelers and Chiefs are pretty similar teams, so they may have a shot.

FringeNC
11-01-2011, 09:22 AM
The Sagarin ratings, which take into account strength of schedule, rate the Bills as the best team in AFC. Why everyone thinks Pittsburgh is some kind of great team baffles me. They are up there with the other good teams in the AFC, but how can someone can claim Pittsburgh is clearly the best team?

RockChalk
11-01-2011, 09:37 AM
SD: 10-6
KC: 9-7
OAK: 9-7
DEN: 4-12 (possibly 2-14)

JD10367
11-01-2011, 10:07 AM
The Sagarin ratings, which take into account strength of schedule, rate the Bills as the best team in AFC. Why everyone thinks Pittsburgh is some kind of great team baffles me. They are up there with the other good teams in the AFC, but how can someone can claim Pittsburgh is clearly the best team?

If the Patriots played any semblance of defense, or their offense was a little less inept in the first half, they probably win that Pittsburgh game. Playing the worst three quarters of offensive football in years, and the worst full game of defense probably ever, they were STILL an onside kick away from being able to drive for the win. On Pittsburgh's home field. I'm not saying the Steelers aren't good: I'm just saying, they're not great.

Halfway through the season, there is no dominant "best team" (like Green Bay in the NFC). As of right now, the top-tier pool in the AFC is Pitt, Cincy, Baltimore, New England, Buffalo, and probably Houston. The second-tier pool is the Jets, Tennessee, San Diego, Oakland, and KC. That's 11 out of 16 teams that, IMO, are easily capable of going on an AFC-winning run. The only truly bad teams that are out of it and cannon fodder from here on out are Miami, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Indy, and Denver. It's anyone's conference right now.

FringeNC
11-01-2011, 10:10 AM
If the Patriots played any semblance of defense, or their offense was a little less inept in the first half, they probably win that Pittsburgh game. Playing the worst three quarters of offensive football in years, and the worst full game of defense probably ever, they were STILL an onside kick away from being able to drive for the win. On Pittsburgh's home field. I'm not saying the Steelers aren't good: I'm just saying, they're not great.

Halfway through the season, there is no dominant "best team" (like Green Bay in the NFC). As of right now, the top-tier pool in the AFC is Pitt, Cincy, Baltimore, New England, Buffalo, and probably Houston. The second-tier pool is the Jets, Tennessee, San Diego, Oakland, and KC. That's 11 out of 16 teams that, IMO, are easily capable of going on an AFC-winning run. The only truly bad teams that are out of it and cannon fodder from here on out are Miami, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Indy, and Denver. It's anyone's conference right now.

Exactly. Someone take Pittsburgh, and give me the field, and I will give you good odds.

boogblaster
11-01-2011, 10:51 AM
9-7 will prolly win the divison .. and 3 teams could have that record .. so div wins are a must ....

BigMeatballDave
11-01-2011, 10:55 AM
That 5-game stretch is frightening. They could go from 6-3 to 6-8. I would puke

Molitoth
11-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Teddi Bruschi just picked the chiefs to win the division.

BigMeatballDave
11-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Green Bay could be a win. They may have the Division and everything else wrapped up.

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Green Bay could be a win. They may have the Division and everything else wrapped up.

Don't count on it. Especially if they're still undefeated.

Iconic
11-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Bears, Patriots, and Jets... I think we can hold our own against them.

talastan
11-01-2011, 11:53 AM
As stated before we lock up the division with both wins against Dungver, and the Faid and we're sitting at 5-1 in the division. Then Miami, and steal one of the five murderer's row games (Pitt, or CHI) and IMO we've got it. 9-7 with tiebreakers over everyone but Sandy Eggo, who will have to work harder than us to win the division IMO. We are sitting in the driver's seat. Just need to win every game we should.

EDIT: Who would've thought after the first two games we would be having this conversation?

Akron's#1ChiefsFan
11-01-2011, 12:21 PM
@New England (5-2)
Pittsburgh (6-2)
@Chicago (4-3)
@New York Jets (4-3)
Green Bay (7-0)

What a gauntlet of a stretch.

Realistically, Denver is toast, and Oakland's running game is good, but not good enough to win the division with no QB and a defense that isn't much better than average. It's going to come down to S.D. and K.C.

After last night, I'm picking K.C. The Chargers don't have an easy road either, and I think that losing the game like they lost Monday night might be too much for them to rebound from.

Beef Supreme
11-01-2011, 12:21 PM
I think the Chiefs need to worry about Miami right now and nothing else beyond that. This Chiefs team definitely has some fight, but they aren't walking over anybody in this league and Miami damn near beat the Giants on Sunday.

Hopefully the coaches get their play calling shit together and use the weapons we have right now, instead of trying to run an offense based on people who are on IR.

Oh Snap
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM

Considering our injuries, 9-7 would be a great achievement for this team.

Oakland for whatever reason has beaten us at Arrowhead for the past few years. That game has me a bit worried.

And we rarely ever play well at denver. Those are games that this team SHOULD win. But ya never know! Any given sunday.

Our schedule after MIA and DEN is brutal though! At least we get the steelers at home. If we can win 3-4 of those games this team should be battle tested and ready for the playoffs. If we dont, then at least we know where we stand.

Honestly, after losing some of our best players early on this season, I dont think anyone would have thought this team would be where theyre at now. Still a lot of season left to play, but my hat is off to Haley and this coaching staff.

Oh Snap
11-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I think the Chiefs need to worry about Miami right now and nothing else beyond that. This Chiefs team definitely has some fight, but they aren't walking over anybody in this league and Miami damn near beat the Giants on Sunday.

This team SHOULD beat miami. But this is a classic trap game imo. We cannot afford to overlook miami. (or anyone else)

Hopefully the coaches get their play calling shit together and use the weapons we have right now, instead of trying to run an offense based on people who are on IR.

I noticed we started running the ball MUCH better once we started using Battles strength (downhill runner). He reminds me a bit of LJ when LJ actually cared. Give him a cutback to run through and he'll be on that like stink on ass!

I also would like to see Bowe and Baldwin get more jump balls. There is no reason for this team to score FGs in the redzone when we have TWO big targets at WR. I think we have the offensive weapons right now to be a top 10 offense in this league. What we lack is a solid game caller, and cassel needs to continue to improve. The chargers didnt stop us so much as we stopped ourselves.

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2011, 12:32 PM
I think the Chiefs need to worry about Miami right now and nothing else beyond that. This Chiefs team definitely has some fight, but they aren't walking over anybody in this league (except Oakland) and Miami damn near beat the Giants (who lost to Seattle) on Sunday.

Skyy God
11-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Assuming the Chiefs go into the brutal stretch on a 6 game streak, I think 2-3 is possible based on momentum/confidence.

And, GB may have the NFC locked up by Week 15 (assuming SF falters a bit).

Mr. Laz
11-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Assuming the Chiefs go into the brutal stretch on a 6 game streak, I think 2-3 is possible based on momentum/confidence.

And, GB may have the NFC locked up by Week 15 (assuming SF falters a bit).

pass the doobie, bro.

:p

Titty Meat
11-01-2011, 12:54 PM
I could Oakland losing @ Minnesota. They are a much better team with Ponder.

Skyy God
11-01-2011, 01:10 PM
pass the doobie, bro.

:p

Note I didn't say likely.

dallaschiefsfan
11-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Oakland is not going to compete. I'm not sure why people think they are the same team they were 3 weeks ago. We dominated them...in their house. They're done. Campbell was the perfect QB for them. His game management allowed McFadden to do his thing. That's their game. Getting Palmer changes all that.

Palmer is a better QB than Campbell...and he's definitely not a game manager. He's a passer. Not a great one...but enough of a passer that I'm willing to bet that each pass he makes that Campbell would not have made will be a detriment to the Raiders because it will steal a run opportunity from McFadden...assuming he stays healthy.

If San Diego doesn't spiral...they are the team we're battling for the West.

Lzen
11-01-2011, 01:35 PM
I am only worried over the Steelers, Green Bay and the Jets games. The others not so much.

@ NE? :spock:

Oh Snap
11-01-2011, 01:52 PM
at least we get PITT and GB at arrowhead. We wont be favored, but that does help our odds.

CHI, NYJ, aren't really scaring me. But those games are far from being locks for wins. NE is going to be interesting for this team. I would be interested to see how well crennels defense plays against his old team. I wonder if Pioli and Crennel have a few tricks up their sleeves? Also cassel sat behind Brady for a few years. So we have insiders that could help us against the patriots. Also, the patriots are not the same patriots of years past. Theyre good, but not "great".

suzzer99
11-01-2011, 02:06 PM
We have to win every single one of the 4 games around (2 before and 2 after) that brutal 5-game stretch. Then somehow go 2-3 over that. But I could see us going 1-4 in that stretch and still winning the division at 9-7 provided we take care of business vs. Oak, Den and Miami.

ModSocks
11-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Everytime I look at that schedule I see 9-7 or 8-8.

NFL is about matchups, and I think we match up well with CHI and PITT. Of those 5 games, those are the two i think the Chiefs have the best shot at winning.

whoman69
11-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Each team has 6-7 teams with winning records still on their schedules. The Chiefs have Denver twice and Oakland at home. I'd say the table sets up pretty well. They should win the next 2 which puts them at 6-3. Win two of those five and finish with wins against the Raiders and Denver and we are 10-6 again. San Diego's only saving grace is their three toughest games are at home.

Micjones
11-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Win your next two. Win two of the five during that brutal stretch. Win your last two.
Repeat as AFC West Champions.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2011, 04:59 PM
LOLWUT

http://i39.tinypic.com/avil39.jpg

Thig Lyfe
11-01-2011, 05:11 PM
That 5-game stretch is frightening. They could go from 6-3 to 6-8. I would puke

This seems extraordinarily likely to me.

Ugly Duck
11-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Green Bay could be a win (for KC).

This Chiefs team definitely has some fight, but they aren't walking over anybody in this league except Oakland.

Realistically, Oakland's running game is good, but not good enough to win the division

Beat Oakland at Arrowhead in week 16 and that's 8.

We lock up the division with both wins against Dungver, and the Faid and we're sitting at 5-1 in the division. We are sitting in the driver's seat.

My, how far Chiefsfans have come after spawning the "SuckforLuck" campaign. Now they are in the "driver's seat" just by winning all the upcoming games against Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Chicago, New England, the Jets & Oakland. Gotta give props, though... Chiefs went from LuckBowl frontrunners to division leader. That ain't just whistlin' Dixie.

Oakland suffered a nasty setback losing their QB, but at least they went 2-2 in their tough stretch before it happened. KC & SD still have to go through their tough stretches. Raiders still have hope if Palmer can pick up where Campbell left off. Lotsa Chiefsfans seem to expect a repeat of a dominant performance over OAK similar to the last game. I choose to believe it won't be as easy with McFadden back & Palmer up to speed. Tough games still to be played:

Kansas City
@New England (5-2)
Pittsburgh (6-2)
@Chicago (4-3)
@New York Jets (4-3)
Green Bay (7-0)

San Diego
Green Bay (7-0)
@Chicago (4-3)
Buffalo (5-2)
Baltimore (5-2)
@Detroit (6-2)

Oakland
Chicago (4-3)
@Green Bay (7-0)
Detroit (6-2)

whoman69
11-01-2011, 06:51 PM
We might be rooting for the Bolts to be the Faid in week 16.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-01-2011, 06:57 PM
My, how far Chiefsfans have come after spawning the "SuckforLuck" campaign. Now they are in the "driver's seat" just by winning all the upcoming games against Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Chicago, New England, the Jets & Oakland. Gotta give props, though... Chiefs went from LuckBowl frontrunners to division leader. That ain't just whistlin' Dixie.

Oakland suffered a nasty setback losing their QB, but at least they went 2-2 in their tough stretch before it happened. KC & SD still have to go through their tough stretches. Raiders still have hope if Palmer can pick up where Campbell left off. Lotsa Chiefsfans seem to expect a repeat of a dominant performance over OAK similar to the last game. I choose to believe it won't be as easy with McFadden back & Palmer up to speed. Tough games still to be played:

Kansas City
@New England (5-2)
Pittsburgh (6-2)
@Chicago (4-3)
@New York Jets (4-3)
Green Bay (7-0)

San Diego
Green Bay (7-0)
@Chicago (4-3)
Buffalo (5-2)
Baltimore (5-2)
@Detroit (6-2)

Oakland
Chicago (4-3)
@Green Bay (7-0)
Detroit (6-2)

Technically, they are in the driver's seat. If the season ended today, they are in the playoffs.

Now, I would have been fine with a horrible season and getting the best QB prospect in 20 years. I didn't feel like it was gonna happen, even after losing three of the biggest stars on the team.

I also didn't think the Chiefs would be tied for first after week 8.

The Raiders have issues, the Chargers have issues and the Chiefs, certainly have issues.

Any of them could win the division. If Carson Palmer does well, then the Raiders should win the division. I don't see him doing well. I think he will struggle, though the Raiders have the easiest remaining schedule.

San Diego has a good chance to win the division if the get healthy. But, they have the toughest remaining schedule.

The Chiefs are starting to put some stuff together. If they manage to beat the Phins and Broncos, they will have won six straight games. That type of momentum is tough to stop.

I won't be surprised to see the Chiefs win the division, or finish 6-10. Honestly, with Charles, Berry and Moeaki out.... their talent is more along the lines of a 6-10 team. So, I am proud of the Chiefs for being tied for the lead in the division nearly halfway through the season.

KcMizzou
11-01-2011, 06:58 PM
As stated before we lock up the division with both wins against Dungver, and the Faid and we're sitting at 5-1 in the division. Then Miami, and steal one of the five murderer's row games (Pitt, or CHI) and IMO we've got it. 9-7 with tiebreakers over everyone but Sandy Eggo, who will have to work harder than us to win the division IMO. We are sitting in the driver's seat. Just need to win every game we should.

EDIT: Who would've thought after the first two games we would be having this conversation?http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0002/44/EC/44EC05C50DCE696CFE9ED4_Large.jpg

keg in kc
11-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Lots of stuff.Not sure why you'd throw me in that group. I was only saying what winning the division would require, not predicting that they would actually do it. And in that vein, I think Oakland in week 16 is a must-win game. As for whether they actually will or not, well, I have no earthly idea what the Chiefs will do the rest of the year. They're schizophrenic enough that 6-10 wouldn't surprise me any more than 10-6.

I've also pointed out several times my belief that Oakland has the easiest remaining schedule.

KC_Connection
11-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Based on what? Their past failings over the last decade?

If you believe the stats this season, Buffalo is actually better than their record: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2011/week-8-dvoa-ratings

I would be surprised if San Diego beat either of those teams, even with Buffalo at home.

Oh Snap
11-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Based on what? Their past failings over the last decade?

If you believe the stats this season, Buffalo is actually better than their record: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2011/week-8-dvoa-ratings

I would be surprised if San Diego beat either of those teams, even with Buffalo at home.

SD barely beat the chiefs at SD...

But DET and BUF need to be consistent before I can say they're legit. It depends if they make the playoffs, and how well they perform in the playoffs.

mnchiefsguy
11-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Plus, don't forget that SD's game at Jacksonville is on MNF. Jacksonville just beat Baltimore on MNF. The Jags might suck, but they already have a win over a winning team on MNF. They could do it again, especially if SD plays down to the level of their opponent, as they often do.

Ugly Duck
11-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Not sure why you'd throw me in that group.

You're right. You didn't deserve that. But I have an excuse... I'm a RaiderFan.

If (the Chiefs) manage to beat the Phins and Broncos, they will have won six straight games. That type of momentum is tough to stop.

Betcha every honest poster on this board believes that KC will beat those two teams. Betcha the Chiefs will skyrocket up the Power Polls & start getting good press. Betcha there is pain waiting on the other side of the 6-game win streak.

bricks
11-01-2011, 10:04 PM
If the Chiefs can go 2-3 on that tough 5 game stretch, I'd be happy with that.

KcMizzou
11-01-2011, 10:07 PM
If the Chiefs can go 2-3 on that tough 5 game stretch, I'd be happy with that.That'd be good... and hell, they might surprise us.

keg in kc
11-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Betcha every honest poster on this board believes that KC will beat those two teams. Betcha the Chiefs will skyrocket up the Power Polls & start getting good press. Betcha there is pain waiting on the other side of the 6-game win streak.Honestly, I think we'll lose one. Miami looks like the classic trap game, but Denver's a division team we've had inexplicable trouble with recently. So if I'm forced to choose, I think we drop the home game against the Broncos. The Tebow experiment may well end after next week, too, which may ultimately make them a better team.

Division games always worry me...

And it could always balance out even if it does happen. We drop a game we should win and later pick one up we think we shouldn't.

11-02-2011, 04:30 AM
Oakland for whatever reason has beaten us at Arrowhead for the past few years. That game has me a bit worried.

And we rarely ever play well at denver. Those are games that this team SHOULD win. But ya never know! Any given sunday.

Our schedule after MIA and DEN is brutal though! At least we get the steelers at home. If we can win 3-4 of those games this team should be battle tested and ready for the playoffs. If we dont, then at least we know where we stand.

Honestly, after losing some of our best players early on this season, I dont think anyone would have thought this team would be where theyre at now. Still a lot of season left to play, but my hat is off to Haley and this coaching staff.
win 3-4 of the murders row games? Surely you can't be serious. 1-2 I could see.

bevischief
11-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Win your next two. Win two of the five during that brutal stretch. Win your last two.
Repeat as AFC West Champions.

I agree.

bevischief
11-02-2011, 05:42 AM
LOLWUT

http://i39.tinypic.com/avil39.jpg

What are these voters smoking?

SenselessChiefsFan
11-02-2011, 05:47 AM
You're right. You didn't deserve that. But I have an excuse... I'm a RaiderFan.

Betcha every honest poster on this board believes that KC will beat those two teams. Betcha the Chiefs will skyrocket up the Power Polls & start getting good press. Betcha there is pain waiting on the other side of the 6-game win streak.

Well, I am not willing to chalk those up as wins just yet.

Just like I am not willing to chalk up 'losses' in the next five games after that.

There are two games that I see as pretty much, guaranteed, unless something ridiculous happens, losses.... that is Green Bay and NE. If NE was in Arrowhead, I would like the Chiefs chances a lot better.

But, it is on the road, and NE is a better team.

The rest of them could go either way. Cutler throws picks. Sanchez is mediocre. The Steelers are at Arrowhead.

Remember, four weeks ago, the Chiefs were 0-3. At that point, the Chiefs wouldn't beat the Vikes. But they did. Then, they wouldn't beat the Colts, but they did. Then, they had no chance against the Raiders, but they won convincingly. And, the Chargers were finally going to put a stop to this winning streak, but they couldn't.

All in all, two weeks from now, IF the Chiefs are sitting at 6-3, then I will have just enjoyed six straight weeks of football. After an 0-3 start, it is nice just to be relevant.

I don't know if you get the fact that few people in here expected anything coming into the season other than an 8-8 year. I don't know if you get the fact that few people in here expect anything more than that right now.

Yeah, we 'could' win the division. But, that is only because we have the Raider, Chargers and Broncos competing with the Chiefs for the division. If there were better teams, the Chiefs would have no chance.

FlaChief58
11-02-2011, 04:36 PM
The guy who wrote this article says the faid will be 9-3.and have the div sewn up by dec 4th. Funny read.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_19241658

notorious
11-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Ugly, why do you list Chicago as a "tough game", but leave San Diego out?

Skewed somewhat.......

whoman69
11-02-2011, 05:03 PM
The guy who wrote this article says the faid will be 9-3.and have the div sewn up by dec 4th. Funny read.

That's a pretty big if, winning a road game in San Diego, winning against the Bears and not stubbing their toe against Denver, Minnesota and Miami at home. Do-able, but he's talking like its a sure thing.

Ugly Duck
11-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Ugly, why do you list Chicago as a "tough game", but leave San Diego out? Skewed somewhat.......

I didn't list division games cuz they tend to be rather.... "unpredictable"....

Although.... this was kinda amusing: The door is open for the Oakland Raiders in the AFC West: The Denver Broncos are coming to Oakland, which means Palmer will be trying to resurrect his career and rejuvenate the Raiders against a team led by Tim Tebow, whose impersonation of an NFL quarterback is a wicked joke on Broncos fans. Palmer -- and Jackson -- should consider this a gift from the football gods.

Frazod
11-02-2011, 05:54 PM
I didn't list division games cuz they tend to be rather.... "unpredictable"....

Although.... this was kinda amusing: The door is open for the Oakland Raiders in the AFC West: The Denver Broncos are coming to Oakland, which means Palmer will be trying to resurrect his career and rejuvenate the Raiders against a team led by Tim Tebow, whose impersonation of an NFL quarterback is a wicked joke on Broncos fans. Palmer -- and Jackson -- should consider this a gift from the football gods.

Go Broncos.