PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night's Game

gblowfish
11-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Ten Things About Last Night's Game

10. I'm finally getting a chance to put my thoughts down in writing after a whirlwind 24 hours. Monday night games usually lead to a four or five hour sleep nights, hitting the sack a little before 2AM and then dragging it out like the living dead to the alarm clock set on "Hiroshima Nuclear Blast Level" to shock my ass out of bed. My Jeep is still loaded with tailgating flotsam, so this morning I fired up the '97 Cougar that I'm restoring, and crawled back into the daily working grind. So I'm a little foggy here in my cubby hole in the cube farm. I look like and feel like the sleepy bear on the Travel Lodge sign but everybody here at work is in a very good mood, and know not to trust me with anything important today. Last night was one of those Monday Night Games that will live in team history. Not a blowout like the Chiefs-Bills game in the early 1990s, not an embarrassment like the Monday Night Meltdown vs. the Donks. This will be remembered as the "Phyllis Fumbles" game. If you've never been to Arrowhead for an epic Monday Night Game like this, it truly is an amazing, even life changing experience. Even as a crusty fifty year old man that's seen it all in the NFL, it was soooo....much......fun. Being Halloween Night, the variety of imaginative costumes was amazing. So in discussing the night, I'll run down my ten favorite costumes that I saw during the course of the evening in no particular order. Costume #10: A guy dressed up like Jesus, wearing one of those "Hi My Name Is" name tags. His name was "Personal." So he went as "Personal Jesus."

9. I'm going to play Debbie Downer for just a brief moment. We should have lost this game and everybody knows it. Besides the fumble, Novak missed a 52-yard field goal before halftime, and the Chiefs had just enough time to get Succop in range to hit a 47-yarder with three seconds left in the half. That's a six point swing, and that kept the Chiefs in the game just long enough to get them into the fourth quarter clinging to a lead. McCluster had six carries for zero yards. The Duke of Dink totally disappeared for the entire second and third quarter. Chiefs had nine penalties, at least four of those were offensive linemen and tight ends jumping offsides IN THEIR OWN HOME STADIUM. The illusive Thomas Jones continues to show why he wears #20. Because he's good for 2.0 yards per carry when you hand him a football. Better teams will stop the Chiefs running attack cold, and if the Chiefs have to rely on the Duke of Dink to pass them out of trouble, bad things will happen. Costume #9: Col. Sanders, complete with plucked rubber chicken.

8. Matt Cassel is a wild card. He is maddeningly inconsistent. The TD throw to Baldwin was a thing of beauty. Cassel had two important scrambles to pick up yards and keep the chains moving. He hit a big pass to Breaston in the OT to move the ball. Other times, he takes coverage sacks. He ignores wide open receivers. He fumbles. He throws a pick into not double, not triple, but quadruple coverage. There will be days where he just kills this team. Late in the fourth quarter before the Phyllis Fumble, the Chiefs had the ball with about seven minutes left and a tie game. Chiefs go three and out, punt to San Diego, who starts a drive around the 50 thanks to a stupid special teams penalty. Phyllis drives the Chargers down to inside the red zone with less than a minute left, and pukes up a center exchange. 99 out of 100 times the Chiefs lose that game. But Thank God for Arrowhead Halloween Magic. And Thank God Studebaker fought in the scrum for that football. Imagine if the Chargers come out with that ball, and we lose that opportunity? Ultimately, it's not important what might have happened. What's important is, what DID happen. Costume #8: One guy was dressed up like Bob Johnson, the dude who used to dress like an indian and ride Warpaint the horse at Municipal Stadium. His buddy was dressed like Warpaint the Horse. He would ride his pal every time the Chiefs scored.

7. I'm growing in my respect for Romeo as a DC. Chiefs were bend but not break all night long. Giving up four field goals, one TD (which was questionable) and a two-point conversion (which was even more questionable) is great work against an offense like the Chargers. Flowers could not stop Floyd. You can tell Gates is not what he used to be, but he's still good enough to hurt you. Derrick Johnson is having an all-pro season. He had another 13 tackle game. But the real beast was Tamba Hali. Marcus McNeill, San Diego's left tackle, is a two time all-pro. Hali ate his lunch all night long. Not sure how many holding calls Hali drew, at least three or four, and it should have been more, as McNeill was grabbing, and jamming hands to Hali's face all night long. Hali's hustle was amazing, and he was totally gassed when the game was over. Hali is one of the top three or four rush guys in the NFL for sure. Costume #7: Speaking of Warpaint, the Chiefs horse mascot was dressed like a referee.

6. Speaking of referees, I haven't seen the MNF broadcast yet. I tivo'ed it, and will watch it tonight. Was it just me, or did KC get screwed on every possible close call? McCluster's fumble: Ball came out while his back was flat on the ground. Cassel's fumble: his arm was going forward. San Diego's fourth quarter TD: If he got the ball over the line it was barely. The two point conversion was even worse. The Chargers got hit with 13 penalties, including numerous false starts thanks to the Arrowhead crazies. I'd venture to say, KC's fans lead the league in forced opponent false start penalties. If you weren't there, imagine how loud it was for Phyllis Rivers. Now double that, and that's about right. Costume #6: Five bare chested guys with letter painted on and wearing white poofy hats. They were the "Chefs."

5. It was Chiefs Alumni Weekend, and at halftime Kevin Ross was inducted into the Chiefs Hall of Honor. Good choice. The reason they did it this weekend is Ross is a defensive backs coach for the evil Raiders, and they had a bye this week. The Rock was a monster hitter, they showed a bunch of his career highlights during the ceremony. He was one tough hombre. Brandon Flowers reminds me a little of Ross, although Ross was stockier and hit harder. Flowers is more athletic and faster. It was nice to see some of the more recent Chiefs return for the Alumni Weekend, Costume #5: On the way in, Batman was in line waiting for the porta potty. He was striking a super hero pose with hands on hips the whole time.

4. Another week, another shout out to Jackie Battle. They gave him the ball early in the game, then he disappeared, only to re-appear in the overtime when the team had to move the football. Why he disappeared during the second and third quarter, who knows? He'll never have Charles' speed, or McCluster's jukes, but he can move a pile, and thus far has been reliable and has held onto the football. For the fourth running back on the season opening depth chart, he has stepped up in a big way, and I have nothing but respect for him. He averaged just shy of four yards per carry last night. Costume #4: KC Wolf wore several costumes over the course of the evening. He was Spiderman, The Mummy, and Elvis, although our own FDE makes a much better Elvis.

3. Game stats were slightly tipped to the Chargers in most categories. They had more net yards, more yards rushing and passing, and won time of possession. Chargers had more penalties -12 for 105 yards- lost two fumbles and had two picks. Chiefs were better in third down conversions, going 7 for 14 vs. 5 for 14 for San Diego. Sacks were equal at three per team. This game was about as evenly played from a statistic standpoint as it could be. The X factor was the stupidity of Norv Turner and the buttery fingers of Phyllis Rivers. With 48 seconds you can take a knee at the 15 yard line. The Chiefs are out of time outs, so you can count the clock down to about 25 seconds, and kick a 32 yard field goal. Never, ever underestimate the stupidity of Norv Turner. Costume #3; Walking to my seats I came across Weird Wolf, the guy who invited me to join the CP. I've never met him personally. He was getting his picture taken with a couple chicks, so I passed him in the crowd anonymously.

2. This morning Steven St. John was talking to Clark Hunt about the atmosphere at Arrowhead. The Hunt family will award 10 game balls to the Chiefs Fans for last night's performance. The 10 balls will go up on the Chiefs website for auction, with proceeds going to Joplin Relief. I was very proud of our fans again last night. As usual, we were up for a fight, and the place was insane all night long. I love being a Chiefs fan, as should you. Costume #2: Where's Waldo? He was right across the field from me!

1. I hope next Sunday's home game against the Fish won't be a trap game. New Orleans was high as a kite last Monday when they dismantled the Colts on MNF. Next week, they go into St. Louis and lay an egg. If we don't focus on Miami, and take care of business, last night means nothing. It's now a dogfight for the division. We have many tough games to face: Jets and Bears on the road, Steelers and the Pack at Arrowhead. It will get tough in December. So we have to make hay now while we can. Enjoy the moment today, then lets get back to work tomorrow and concentrate on cleaning the fish. As they say, sh*t just got real. Costume #1: This one was my favorite. A #17 Chargers jersey, hair piled up in big curlers, thick eye makeup and lipstick, a pacifier, and the name on the back of the jersey was "Phyllis Rivers." What a night, what a night. May we raise a toast to Phyllis' Fumble for years to come!

gblowfish
11-01-2011, 11:39 AM
I'll attach some pictures from last night. These were taken by my good Pal Mr. Doggity, who went to the game with Mrs. Blowfish and me:

Discuss Thrower
11-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Costume #8: One guy was dressed up like Bob Johnson, the dude who used to dress like an indian and ride Warpaint the horse at Municipal Stadium. His buddy was dressed like Warpaint the Horse. He would ride his pal every time the Chiefs scored.

:facepalm:

KCUnited
11-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Props to Ross for making the Chiefs Honor Roll.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Fucking Warpaint Horse costume FTW!

Hammock Parties
11-01-2011, 11:49 AM
San Diego's fourth quarter TD: If he got the ball over the line it was barely.

Nope, that was a TD by a mile.

gblowfish
11-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Picture of "The Chefs."

SPchief
11-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Whats your take on fireworksgate?

Hydrae
11-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Re: #2

McCluster was finally used correctly in the OT. He had 6 carries for 0 yards because they kept trying to run up the middle. Ridiculous! He will never be successful that way.

Of the costumes you mentioned, Waldo was shown on tv. Well done. The other costume I noted during the broadcast I really enjoyed was the guy who was goalposts.

Always a fun read, I appreciate your weekly efforts! :thumb:

DeepSouth
11-01-2011, 11:55 AM
4. Another week, another shout out to Jackie Battle. They gave him the ball early in the game, then he disappeared, only to re-appear in the overtime when the team had to move the football. Why he disappeared during the second and third quarter, who knows? He'll never have Charles' speed, or McCluster's jukes, but he can move a pile, and thus far has been reliable and has held onto the football. For the fourth running back on the season opening depth chart, he has stepped up in a big way, and I have nothing but respect for him. He averaged just shy of four yards per carry last night.

I also wondered whyThomas and McCluster got all the carries in the 2nd and 3rd. It was almost like the Chiefs knew once they put Battle back in they'd be able to move the ball again. The kid blocks too.

gblowfish
11-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Whats your take on fireworksgate?

I'm not sure what to think about that. The fireworks were big, industrial size ones, big red starbursts, and they went off (I think) just before the ball was snapped. Coincidence? Not sure. I'm sure there will be some investigative journalists working on that one.

OnTheWarpath15
11-01-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm not sure what to think about that. The fireworks were big, industrial size ones, big red starbursts, and they went off (I think) just before the ball was snapped. Coincidence? Not sure. I'm sure there will be some investigative journalists working on that one.

If they went off in the parking lot, as reported, I'm not sure how someone could have timed it that well.

There's a pretty sizable delay between live action and the TV/Radio broadcasts.

Extra Point
11-01-2011, 12:01 PM
"Andrew" Luck is the only kind I wish, for the fish.

journeyscarab
11-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Great report, as always!

redfan
11-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Great read! You're easily as good as some of the guys who get paid to write.
Outa rep, or I'd rep ya.

HonestChieffan
11-01-2011, 12:04 PM
wonder when they plan to do the game ball auction

Easy 6
11-01-2011, 12:08 PM
'Maddeningly inconsistent'... those were the exact words on my mind last night concerning Castle, Mr. Blowfish, he'll make a handful of good plays followed by a lot of crap. My favorite was the way he just stepped right into the sack that O'Connell gave up, hello Matt, dont count on that scrub to hold his block, you're supposed to know this sheet.

Thank God for Tamba Hali & thank God he finally got those well deserved holding calls, lets hope the league takes notice for more than just one game.

The penalty on the McClain catch? Pound Sand sandyeggo, sometimes you get the bear, sometimes...

The 0 did almost everything they could to give the game away, the whole night was one big heart attack, it shouldnt have been nearly as close as it was... but i'll take it.

tooge
11-01-2011, 12:10 PM
everyone keeps saying how they realize we should have lost. I disagree. The worst call of the game was the McCluster fumble that was well within field goal range. thats 3 there. Baldwin drops a well thrown deep ball that I'll bet he catches 90percent of the time. Phyllis made throws on third and long where Hali was held so bad I lost my voice screaming at the tv. I looked back, and although I agree that there is holding on every play, a few of them were facemask holds that weren't called and usually are. The chiefs were a better team. The chargers stats are partly due to the fact that they were playing catch up the entire second half. The chiefs aren't there yet, but we should enjoy this win and be proud of it.

FAX
11-01-2011, 12:11 PM
I have an interrogatory pursuant to item number four, Mr. gblowfish.

Were the Sandy Vagos stacking the box against the run most of the game? We seemed to have great difficulty running between the tackles.

Once we started running off-tackle, things seemed to improve.

FAX

gblowfish
11-01-2011, 12:11 PM
This morning on 810 Clark Hunt said it would be up on the Chiefs web site some time today.

Chiefnj2
11-01-2011, 12:12 PM
. My favorite was the way he just stepped right into the sack that O'Connell gave up, hello Matt, dont count on that scrub to hold his block, you're supposed to know this sheet.

That's absolutely ridiculous. Don't count on someone making a block?

chiefqueen
11-01-2011, 12:14 PM
My most memorable costume was in the SE corner there was a 13 or 14 year kid coming as Ray Charles. It was good until the kid decided to take a picture.

lcarus
11-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah the SD TD and 2 point conversion were both good. The 2 looked questionable at first, but the replay showed he got in.

Easy 6
11-01-2011, 12:17 PM
That's absolutely ridiculous. Don't count on someone making a block?

Not Jake friggin O'Connell, no.

When you've got some second, third stringer blocking a starter, dont step up into him... get the hell away from that... Castle could've rolled right & avoided that.

Frosty
11-01-2011, 12:32 PM
The real question here is why would someone restore a '97 Cougar? :shrug:

:)

Demonpenz
11-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Chiefs Honer Roll LMAO

Demonpenz
11-01-2011, 12:34 PM

I would restore a 97' cougar right in the mouth.

gblowfish
11-01-2011, 12:37 PM

Hey now, don't diss my Cougar. Last big Cougar, performance package, V8 engine, dual exhaust. It's bad ass!
I'm crazy bout a Mercury!

Frosty
11-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Hey now, don't diss my Cougar. Last big Cougar, performance package, V8 engine, dual exhaust. It's bad ass!

Nice car. I'm just giving you crap. I like that body style (I had an '83 Turbo T-Bird); it's just not a car you usually hear being restored.

At least it isn't that shitty little secretaries' car that the Cougar turned into.

Dayze
11-01-2011, 12:48 PM
5. It was Chiefs Alumni Weekend, and at halftime Kevin Ross was inducted into the Chiefs Hall of Honor. Good choice. The reason they did it this weekend is Ross is a defensive backs coach for the evil Raiders, and they had a bye this week. The Rock was a monster hitter, they showed a bunch of his career highlights during the ceremony. He was one tough hombre. Brandon Flowers reminds me a little of Ross, although Ross was stockier and hit harder. Flowers is more athletic and faster. It was nice to see some of the more recent Chiefs return for the Alumni Weekend, Costume #5: On the way in, Batman was in line waiting for the porta potty. He was striking a super hero pose with hands on hips the whole time.

awesome. LMAO

Bob Dole
11-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Always enjoy the read, George.

Good to see Waldo made the trip. One of the local bartenders was Waldo Saturday night, and managed to plant at least 40 photobombs. It was hilarious.

SAUTO
11-01-2011, 01:07 PM

IIRC it shuts down at a buck five exactly...

gblowfish
11-01-2011, 01:13 PM
IIRC it shuts down at a buck five exactly...

We put 200,000 on the first engine. Just put in a brand new V8, rebuilt tranny, new exhaust. Current engine has 5,000 miles on it. It screams.

BTW: Found this link on the San Diego Union Trib's web site. Good look at the fans and overview of how Crazy Arrowhead was last night:
<object id="flashObj" width="350" height="244" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1251937982001&playerID=34444171001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAA5PNMME~,K3tOT-PuafvzbyjXyjNt9yD6nKAeNlgk&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1251937982001&playerID=34444171001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAA5PNMME~,K3tOT-PuafvzbyjXyjNt9yD6nKAeNlgk&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="350" height="244" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

cookster50
11-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Best costume I saw on tv, a couple dressed up in jeans and bronco jerseys with hillbilly teeth and a sign that said they looked for the most horrific costume possible and this is what they found. It was awesome.

jspchief
11-01-2011, 01:54 PM
A lot of great costumes. There must have been at least 50 Waldos

jd1020
11-01-2011, 02:01 PM
San Diego's fourth quarter TD: If he got the ball over the line it was barely. The two point conversion was even worse.

Ugh.

The TD was at least a football length into the EZ and the 2-pt conversion clearly broke the plane of the goal line.

KC had a bunch of bad calls go against them but those were not one of them.

Three7s
11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Love your threads, as always, but I'm going to disagree with you about Cassel. I've been as hard on him as anyone, but last night he was pretty good. We had 0 running game until the 4th quarter, our offensive line was shit, and the coaches couldn't even get the plays to Cassel in time. Despite all that, Cassel did a fine job enduring all of that and making solid plays when he had to.

You call it inconsistant, I call it adjustments.

gblowfish
11-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Ugh.

The TD was at least a football length into the EZ and the 2-pt conversion clearly broke the plane of the goal line.

I haven't seen the game yet, been working. I have this nuisance thing called a job. I'll watch it tonight.

jd1020
11-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I haven't seen the game yet, been working. I have this nuisance thing called a job. I'll watch it tonight.

Then how would one know they were bad calls?

jspchief
11-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Then how would one know they were bad calls?he was at the game. I think he meant he hasn't rewatched the game on TV.

but yes, when you see the replays, the TD was clearly correct, and the conversion, while much closer, was good too.

jd1020
11-01-2011, 02:10 PM
he was at the game. I think he meant he hasn't rewatched the game on TV.

but yes, when you see the replays, the TD was clearly correct, and the conversion, while much closer, was good too.

Ah, ok. I skim through great walls of text.

Hoover
11-01-2011, 02:14 PM
I want to know why Bowe was coming out of the game.

luv
11-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Waldo was everywhere last night! There was a group of 17 of them tailgating somewhere near us. Looking through the crowd last night, I saw him scattered everywhere.

Also, and this was our tailgate's favorite costume, there was a "retired Hooters girl" that walked past our tailgate. Blonde wig, Hooters outfit, and saggy tits hanging out from underneath the top. LMAO

tymania
11-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I want to know why Bowe was coming out of the game.

THIS!! He seemed to come out of the game in the 1st half, in crucial situations!

luv
11-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Ah, ok. I skim through great walls of text.

Rule #274 - Don't criticize a poster if you don't completely read his post.

I've learned this the hard way on a few occasions. Also, you should read the "10 things from today's game" thread OP in full. It's usually informative and entertaining.

11-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Re: #2

McCluster was finally used correctly in the OT. He had 6 carries for 0 yards because they kept trying to run up the middle. Ridiculous! He will never be successful that way.

Of the costumes you mentioned, Waldo was shown on tv. Well done. The other costume I noted during the broadcast I really enjoyed was the guy who was goalposts.

Always a fun read, I appreciate your weekly efforts! :thumb:

There were Waldos and Waldettes everywhere last night.

Three7s
11-01-2011, 02:39 PM
THIS!! He seemed to come out of the game in the 1st half, in crucial situations!
He was out of the game on the Baldwin TD. I'd love to know why he'd ever be out of the game.

tymania
11-01-2011, 02:40 PM
He was out of the game on the Baldwin TD. I'd love to know why he'd ever be out of the game.

The only thing i can think of, is he had a stinger that was lingering throughout the first half... i would have a tough time accepting any other excuse

gblowfish
11-01-2011, 03:08 PM
I haven't seen an injury report. The only guy I know got hurt for sure was McGraw. He was having trouble lifting his arm (left one, I think.) So he had some sort of shoulder injury. Before he got hurt he was also doing some calf stretching on an inclining board behind the bench. I think he may have had some calf or hamstring tightness. But the shoulder or arm injury took him off the field for good in the fourth quarter. Hope he'll be OK for the Fish game, we're very thin at safety.

RockChalk
11-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Also, you should read the "10 things from today's game" thread OP in full. It's usually informative and entertaining.

This.

10 Things is the "standard" of post-game write-ups on CP. XFactor should pray that he somehow develops 1/2 of the writing skills that Blowfish has.

Deberg_1990
11-01-2011, 03:41 PM
I haven't seen an injury report. The only guy I know got hurt for sure was McGraw. He was having trouble lifting his arm (left one, I think.) So he had some sort of shoulder injury. Before he got hurt he was also doing some calf stretching on an inclining board behind the bench. I think he may have had some calf or hamstring tightness. But the shoulder or arm injury took him off the field for good in the fourth quarter. Hope he'll be OK for the Fish game, we're very thin at safety.

Im sure they nearly all have stingers of some sort......most of that stuff never gets reported.....i remember seeing Cassel and Areneas limping during certain points in the game.

FAX
11-01-2011, 03:44 PM
This.

10 Things is the "standard" of post-game write-ups on CP. XFactor should pray that he somehow develops 1/2 of the writing skills that Blowfish has.

The problem is that, sometimes, Mr. gblowfish talks about the same thing on two of his things which only means there are 9 things instead of 10 things and then, sometimes, he talks about the same thing on three of his things meaning that you only really get 8 things. Then, of course, there are all the things he left out which might be really damn interesting if we weren't stuck with just 10 measly things.

FAX

RockChalk
11-01-2011, 03:46 PM
The problem is that, sometimes, Mr. gblowfish talks about the same thing on two of his things which only means there are 9 things instead of 10 things and then, sometimes, he talks about the same thing on three of his things meaning that you only really get 8 things. Then, of course, there are all the things he left out which might be really damn interesting if we weren't stuck with just 10 measly things.

FAX

Perhaps CP should all throw some money his way so that he might invest in a quality voice recorder? This way he could take notes throughout the game. This would remedy all of your problems, Mr. FAX

FAX
11-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Perhaps CP should all throw some money his way so that he might invest in a quality voice recorder? This way he could take notes throughout the game. This would remedy all of your problems, Mr. FAX

I have a used quality voice recorder that Mr. gblowfish could borrow if he wants.

Then again, that might result in about 200 things ... maybe we need to think about this some more.

FAX

gblowfish
11-01-2011, 03:48 PM

FAX

ROFL

Hey, easy now....I have enough voices in my head already!

Buehler445
11-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Great read George. I'm surprised you didn't
Mention lewis' INT. Dudes playing well IMO.

KCFalcon59
11-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Guy in the parking lot was dressed as Ron Burgundy, lesiure suit and all, walking up to bolt fans saying "Go fuck yourself, San Diego" and "Stay Classy San Diego". Dude was awesome.

KC Dan
11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Guy in the parking lot was dressed as Ron Burgundy, lesiure suit and all, walking up to bolt fans saying "Go **** yourself, San Diego" and "Stay Classy San Diego". Dude was awesome.Funny. In my local bar, we do raffles during MNF and last night was no exception. I wrote "Ron Burgandy - Go **** yourself, San Diego" on the back of mine and when I did win one of the drawings for a t-shirt, my bartender read it right out loud. Hilarious and the Dolt fans in the joint started booing. Good times...

Discuss Thrower
11-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I thought it was hilarious on 810's postgame when a guy started off with a legitimate take on the game then segued into something along the lines of "Wellll it's good that the Chargers can enjoy the loss on the long flight back to Wales Vff" as Danny cut him off and went to commercial.

LocoChiefsFan
11-01-2011, 05:47 PM
My favorite costume was the guy in a t-shirt with orange all over it and Orange around his mouth. The shirt said "peter peter" and the woman with him was dressed as a pumpkin.

Ebolapox
11-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Ugh.

they should've challenged the wheel-route catch by the san diego RB the play before the TD--the ball rolled and hit the ground, not fully in his control.

FAX
11-01-2011, 06:13 PM
they should've challenged the wheel-route catch by the san diego RB the play before the TD--the ball rolled and hit the ground, not fully in his control.

Glad you saw that, too, Mr. H5N1.

It seemed strange that the Sandy Vagos got away with that one considering some of the other calls.

FAX

whoman69
11-01-2011, 06:36 PM
There were Waldos and Waldettes everywhere last night.

I heard they were going to make a Waldo movie. WTF? Not much plot.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-01-2011, 07:12 PM

Yeah, I was hoping they would challenge that. But, I thought it was close...especially after the reversal on the Cassel incomplete pass and the upholding of the McCluster fumble.

I am just glad they won. This way, I can be critical without it being whining or excuse making.

Frankie
11-01-2011, 10:33 PM
6. Speaking of referees, I haven't seen the MNF broadcast yet. I tivo'ed it, and will watch it tonight. Was it just me, or did KC get screwed on every possible close call? McCluster's fumble: Ball came out while his back was flat on the ground. Cassel's fumble: his arm was going forward. San Diego's fourth quarter TD: If he got the ball over the line it was barely. The two point conversion was even worse.

DMC's fumble and Cassel's were both terrible calls. More so the latter, since it was called an incomplete pass first as I recall. You have to have indisputable evidence to reverse a call. At best, they did not have that. That was a slap on the face of the Chiefs and for the life of me very suspicious. Almost as if the NFL wanted the Chargers to win.

The TD and the 2 point conversion were both called right. It may not have looked that way from the stands but in both cases the ball did break the plane of the goal line both times, on the 2-pointer EVER SO SLIGHTLY.

luv
11-01-2011, 10:49 PM

Except to whenever he gets home, presses play, and all he hears is crowd noise.... :D

luv
11-01-2011, 10:51 PM
I really wish dad would have recorded the game rather than Hawaii 5-0. I would love to see ESPN's version of events. Anyone got it that would care to share?

Hammock Parties
11-01-2011, 10:59 PM
I really wish dad would have recorded the game rather than Hawaii 5-0. I would love to see ESPN's version of events. Anyone got it that would care to share?

Do you know how to use torrents?

Frankie
11-01-2011, 11:32 PM
I really wish dad would have recorded the game rather than Hawaii 5-0.

Why is your dad so disloyal to the real Hawaii 5-O?! :shake:

Caseyguyrr
11-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Great read! You're easily as good as some of the guys who get paid to write.
Outa rep, or I'd rep ya.

ill rep for ya

Caseyguyrr
11-02-2011, 12:10 AM
A lot of great costumes. There must have been at least 50 Waldos

wasnt hard to find waldo last night

gblowfish
11-02-2011, 09:30 AM
DMC's fumble and Cassel's were both terrible calls. More so the latter, since it was called an incomplete pass first as I recall. You have to have indisputable evidence to reverse a call. At best, they did not have that. That was a slap on the face of the Chiefs and for the life of me very suspicious. Almost as if the NFL wanted the Chargers to win.

The TD and the 2 point conversion were both called right. It may not have looked that way from the stands but in both cases the ball did break the plane of the goal line both times, on the 2-pointer EVER SO SLIGHTLY.

I watched the MNF game last night from Tivo. The TD was a TD because the guy stuck the ball over the line right before he got pulled back. The two point conversion I'm still not convinced was good, but not enough evidence to over turn the call on the field.

And Gates pushed off on the PI call overturning the TD for SD.

Phyllis is such a little whiny little bitch. He was constantly running up to the white hat and crying.

gblowfish
11-02-2011, 09:35 AM

This from the KC Chiefs website this morning:

In honor of the outstanding home-field advantage the Chiefs enjoyed on Monday Night Football, Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt dedicated 10 commemorative game-issued footballs to the fans at Arrowhead who propelled the Chiefs to victory over the San Diego Chargers.

The game balls will be auctioned off this week to Chiefs fans looking to commemorate the victory with all of the proceeds to benefit the Joplin Relief Fund. Each winning bidder will receive the game-issued football, as well of a certificate of authenticity.

Congratulations to all Chiefs fans on a fantastic win and congratulations to all winning bidders on securing their own personalized piece of Monday Night Football memorabilia.

A link to the auction will be posted on KCChiefs.com beginning Thursday!

Chiefnj2
11-02-2011, 09:49 AM
I watched the MNF game last night from Tivo. The TD was a TD because the guy stuck the ball over the line right before he got pulled back. The two point conversion I'm still not convinced was good, but not enough evidence to over turn the call on the field.

And Gates pushed off on the PI call overturning the TD for SD.

Phyllis is such a little whiny little bitch. He was constantly running up to the white hat and crying.

There are still photos of the 2 point conversion crossing the goal line. In real time I didn't think he came close and thought it was a great stop.

Gates pushed off, but it was ticky-tack. That kind of push off happens on most plays.

Coogs
11-02-2011, 09:56 AM
There will be days where he just kills this team. Late in the fourth quarter before the Phyllis Fumble, the Chiefs had the ball with about seven minutes left and a tie game. Chiefs go three and out, punt to San Diego, who starts a drive around the 50 thanks to a stupid special teams penalty.

Not defending Cassel here... BUT, he had us in a 3rd and 1 situation. Richardson totally whiffed on a block. The DE from SD was on Battle in a heartbeat. AND, there was an obvious facemask penalty that occured right in front of the referee that was not called. :shrug: Just sayin'

Lzen
11-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Guy in the parking lot was dressed as Ron Burgundy, lesiure suit and all, walking up to bolt fans saying "Go **** yourself, San Diego" and "Stay Classy San Diego". Dude was awesome.

ROFL

Awesome! :thumb:

Frankie
11-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Not defending Cassel here... BUT, he had us in a 3rd and 1 situation. Richardson totally whiffed on a block. The DE from SD was on Battle in a heartbeat. AND, there was an obvious facemask penalty that occured right in front of the referee that was not called. :shrug: Just sayin'

YES YES YES!!! The face mask! Earlier, I wanted to mention that but I couldn't remember which play it was on to back it up. It was blatant and you are right, "right in front of the referee."

milkman
11-02-2011, 10:11 AM

I haven't yet seen the first half, but did see the replay on the Cassel fumble that was initially ruled an incomplte pass, and thought the video evidence was definitely conclusive and the right call was made.

SAUTO
11-02-2011, 10:16 AM
I haven't yet seen the first half, but did see the replay on the Cassel fumble that was initially ruled an incomplte pass, and thought the video evidence was definitely conclusive and the right call was made.

you thought that was a fumble?

how did the ball go 10 yards forward if his arm wasnt moving forward

Lzen
11-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Glad you saw that, too, Mr. H5N1.

It seemed strange that the Sandy Vagos got away with that one considering some of the other calls.

FAX

And the Chiefs couldn't even challenge that because they had to waste their 2 challenges earlier in the game on BS calls. :shake:

Agreed except that I thought Dex's was the most obvious. He was on his back before the ball came out. Horrible call and horrible job by the ref.

milkman
11-02-2011, 10:28 AM
you thought that was a fumble?

how did the ball go 10 yards forward if his arm wasnt moving forward

This is an issue of arm strength and mechanics.

Cassel has to wind up to throw to get any zip, so while technically his arm was moving forward, it's not going to be ruled as such until his arm is even with his ear.

His arm was behind his ear, so that will always be ruled a fumble.

SAUTO
11-02-2011, 10:33 AM

Cassel has to wind up to throw to get any zip, so while technically his arm was moving forward, it's not going to be ruled as such until his arm is even with his ear.

Seriously? i have never seen anything about even with the ear. i always thought if the arm was moving forward it was an incomplete pass...

Chiefnj2
11-02-2011, 10:35 AM

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body.

By your own admission his arm was moving forward.

Blown call.

milkman
11-02-2011, 10:39 AM
NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body.

By your own admission his arm was moving forward.

Blown call.

Saw the same call blown last year then with David Garrard, I think.