PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anyone have video of the Gates PI?

jidar
11-01-2011, 03:16 PM
A friend of mine at work and myself are arguing about this.

I said that it was a good call based on the slow downed replay they showed, but he said it was all BS. I've been trying to find video of this for a bit now but no dice. Anyone know where I can find it?

The Franchise
11-01-2011, 03:17 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d823abd59/Chargers-vs-Chiefs-highlights?module=HP11_content_stream

DaFace
11-01-2011, 03:17 PM
It was kinda sorta correct, but incredibly ticky-tack.

Ming the Merciless
11-01-2011, 03:19 PM
it was technically a good call but its one of those things that seems arbitrary..

On the other hand there were quite a few way worse calls in the game...WAY worse...

lcarus
11-01-2011, 03:21 PM
it was technically a good call but its one of those things that seems arbitrary..

On the other hand there were quite a few way worse calls in the game...WAY worse...

Dwayne Bowe getting mugged by Quentin Jammer. Can't remember when the play occured, but I was screaming at my tv like an idiot.

Gates extended both arms and pushed off on McGraw. I remember Tony Gonzalez getting called for a lot less. All the time in fact. It happens. If anything, we deserved a few makeup calls for the 2 bogus fumbles. Since turnovers are so critical in this league.

jidar
11-01-2011, 03:22 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d823abd59/Chargers-vs-Chiefs-highlights?module=HP11_content_stream

Thanks but it doesn't have the slow mo view from the other angle. That angle makes it look like a complete BS call, but the slow mo from behind shows the push off clearly imo.

Rain Man
11-01-2011, 03:22 PM
As a football fan I think you're better off not showing the video of it, even if it was technically correct.

lcarus
11-01-2011, 03:25 PM
I thought it was obvious, but since it was Rivers to Gates....the notion was he should have gotten away with it. If it was Cassel to Pope, Gruden would have said "That's a textbook offensive pass interference. Good call by the ref." I'm really starting to hate that ****er.

Ming the Merciless
11-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Gates extended both arms and pushed off on McGraw. I remember Tony Gonzalez getting called for a lot less. All the time in fact. It happens. If anything, we deserved a few makeup calls for the 2 bogus fumbles. Since turnovers are so critical in this league.

I toally agree. I said the same exact thing when it happened.....I was like 'that call is kind of chicken shit but hey, not as even chickenshit as the BOGUS stuff they called on us...so JUSTICE"

The ****ign ref crew was crap.....I thought.

11-01-2011, 03:34 PM
It was kinda sorta correct, but incredibly ticky-tack.

Call it on tony G all the time so it was a good call in my eyes.

smittysbar
11-01-2011, 03:36 PM
IMO it should not have been called. It also could have been called on us.

Johnny Vegas
11-01-2011, 03:38 PM
IMO it should not have been called. It also could have been called on us.

I have to agree. Refs helped us out there.

Demonpenz
11-01-2011, 03:42 PM
dude was 2 feet away who threw the flag, he was 100% sure about it.