What to Follow : http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Buster Olney - http://twitter.com/#!/Buster_ESPN

MLB Network - http://twitter.com/#!/MLBNetwork

post more if you have them.

Shogun
11-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Some things to watch.

Tim dierkes 2012 top 50 fa predictions!
1. Albert Pujols - Cardinals. The Cubs, Blue Jays, Orioles, Mariners, Rangers, Marlins, Nationals, and Dodgers are other potential suitors, but a significant premium would be required to lure away the longtime Cardinal. $225-230MM over nine years seems a fair compromise for the Cardinals and their superstar first baseman.

2. Prince Fielder - Mariners. Fielder has the same potential suitors as Pujols, with the Brewers also a possibility. The Scott Boras client is a tough free agent to place, as there are good reasons for every team to avoid a potential $150MM+ commitment. The Mariners and Cubs are the most likely matches for me. Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik drafted Fielder in '02 with the Brewers, and his team lacks a premium bat.

3. Jose Reyes - Brewers. Reyes is another difficult top free agent to predict. The Nationals, Braves, Phillies, Giants, Pirates, Reds, Twins, Rays, and Cardinals could have a need at shortstop, but not all of those teams can or should spend $100MM+ on Reyes. The Mets will entertain re-signing Reyes, but the Brewers seem more likely to approach Ryan Braun's speculated $120MM price range.

4. C.J. Wilson - Nationals. Wilson's poor postseason may have damaged his stock slightly, but in his defense he racked up 250 innings over 39 starts this season in total and started 37 games in 2010. $100MM is still possible for Wilson, though 78% of MLBTR readers think he'll fall short. Front-of-the-rotation starting pitching is a big need for many teams, including the Nationals, Marlins, Royals, Blue Jays, Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs.

5. Yu Darvish - Blue Jays. Darvish is not technically a free agent, and in fact he hasn't even decided about being posted at this point. If he does come over from Japan, a $100MM commitment will likely be required. The Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Nationals, Mariners, and Royals could put in bids, and it wouldn't be surprising to see a few "mystery teams" enter the fray.

6. Edwin Jackson - Marlins. Jackson, a Scott Boras client, could also make sense for the Nationals and several other teams looking for a 200-inning starter with upside. Since Jackson is only 28, Boras could seek a four-year deal.

7. Jimmy Rollins - Phillies. Rollins probably won't find the five-year deal he seeks, but the Phillies have the need and the means to reach a new agreement with him.

8. Aramis Ramirez - Orioles. Ramirez seeks a multiyear deal, and as the best available free agent third baseman he's justified. He could give the Orioles a powerful corner bat on a three-year deal.

9. Carlos Beltran - Red Sox. Beltran is a tough player to place, if the Giants are unable to re-sign him. He's a 34-year-old Scott Boras client who's likely to seek at least three years despite significant injury concerns in 2009-10 and a disinterest in being a designated hitter. It'll take a team with a right field opening and a tolerance for risk.

10. Jonathan Papelbon - Red Sox. I can picture the Red Sox going as high as three years and $39MM to retain Papelbon, though the closer will test the market. A half-dozen teams could seek closers this winter, but the list is short on big spenders and it's been a while since we've had a $40MM+ reliever.

11. Michael Cuddyer - Twins. Cuddyer would fit with the Rockies, Red Sox, or Cubs, but he's spent his entire career with the Twins and may prefer to stay.

12. Mark Buehrle - White Sox. Buehrle is another player who is difficult to picture with another club. The lefty finds the National League enticing, however, and he could join Ozzie Guillen in Miami since the Cardinals don't have an opening.

13. David Ortiz - Blue Jays. Ortiz backed off from his comments about Red Sox drama, and there's a limited market for an expensive player with no ability to play defense. Still, he'd give Toronto's offense a nice boost without requiring more than a two-year deal. That might leave Edwin Encarnacion having to play a significant amount of first base, however.

14. Ryan Madson - Phillies. If the Phillies don't re-sign Madson, and the Red Sox keep Papelbon, who would give Madson big money to close? As a Scott Boras client, Madson could seek a four-year deal with a salary approaching $10MM.

15. Hiroki Kuroda - Dodgers. Kuroda doesn't want to play anywhere else, according to Dodgers GM Ned Colletti.

16. Carlos Pena - Pirates. Pena is a nice fit for the Pirates on another one-year deal, assuming they don't re-sign Derrek Lee.

17. Francisco Rodriguez - Marlins. K-Rod, a Scott Boras client, would like to return to the closing role on a three-year deal. The Marlins would have the opening and the money, if they non-tender Juan Carlos Oviedo.

18. Roy Oswalt - Rangers. Oswalt could return to Texas for a winning team, and he'll require a much shorter commitment than C.J. Wilson.

19. Javier Vazquez - Retirement. There's a strong sentiment that Vazquez will retire, but he'd be in demand if not after posting a 1.92 ERA and 6.05 K/BB ratio since mid-June.

20. Heath Bell - Padres. Bell hopes and expects to return to the Padres, perhaps on the first multiyear deal of his career.

21. Coco Crisp - Giants. Though he posted a low on-base percentage in 2011, Crisp could fill the Giants' need for a center fielder and leadoff man.

22. Hisashi Iwakuma - Twins. The Twins bid on Iwakuma last year when he was posted, and this year they can simply sign him as a free agent.

23. Kelly Johnson - Dodgers. Johnson could provide the Dodgers some offense from second base, though the Blue Jays and Tigers could also be in the mix.

24. Josh Willingham - Reds. As one of few affordable right-handed power sources on the market, Willingham could fit with the Reds, Rockies, Indians, and others.

25. Paul Maholm - Rockies. Though Maholm does not appear to be on the Rockies' radar at the moment, he's coming off a decent season and won't require a huge commitment.

26. Grady Sizemore - Marlins. Sizemore is a classic risk/reward case, and the Marlins don't seem interested in playing it safe this winter.

27. Bartolo Colon - Red Sox. Colon had an excellent comeback season, but he will still have a hard time finding a two-year deal. Perhaps he could take an incentive-based contract and remain in the AL East with the Red Sox.

28. Erik Bedard - Blue Jays. If the Blue Jays hit on a wild card like Bedard and also land Darvish, they'd have a fearsome rotation. Bedard is a healthy free agent for the first time, and perhaps he'll lean toward his native Canada.

29. David DeJesus - Cubs. DeJesus could be an asset for the Cubs at the outfield corners on a one-year deal.

30. Jason Kubel - Dodgers. Kubel could improve the Dodgers' offense as their left fielder, unless they go with Jerry Sands at the position.

31. Ramon Hernandez - Pirates. Hernandez would give the Pirates offense out of the catcher spot, though GM Neal Huntington may balk at giving up a second-round pick to sign him.

32. Jeff Francis - Pirates. Francis is one of many starting pitchers who could add depth to the Pirates' rotation at a reasonable cost.

33. Chris Capuano - Mariners. After subtracting Doug Fister this summer, Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik seems likely to add a piece to his rotation.

34. Tsuyoshi Wada - Orioles. Wada is expected to come to MLB as a free agent, though one question is his ability to handle a full rotation workload.

35. Clint Barmes - Twins. Barmes provided good value this season, and the Twins have a clear middle-infield need.

36. Casey Kotchman - Rays. Kotchman posted a fine 2011 season after signing a minor league deal, but his price should remain reasonable as teams wonder whether he can do it again.

37. Freddy Garcia - Yankees. Even with Sabathia in the fold, the Yankees will need additional rotation depth. Another stint with Garcia makes sense if his price remains reasonable.

38. Aaron Hill - Diamondbacks. Hill's stellar 142 plate appearances for the Diamondbacks this year provided hope he can bounce back in 2012.

39. Johnny Damon - Orioles. Damon probably requires a designated hitter opening, yet his level of offense doesn't justify a full-time spot. He's a difficult free agent to place.

40. Aaron Harang - Angels. Would Harang accept a below-market deal to stay close to home?

41. Jamey Carroll - Tigers. The versatile Carroll fits at the top of the Tigers' order, playing mostly second base.

42. Rafael Furcal - Cardinals. The Cardinals and Furcal are known to have mutual interest in a new deal; he showed promise in his Cards stint this year.

43. Juan Pierre - Reds. Pierre will have to take a more reduced role next year, perhaps under Dusty Baker again.

44. Frank Francisco - Mariners. Francisco was homer-prone this year, but he's still an asset in the late innings.

45. Jason Marquis - Mets. Marquis may have to take a one-year deal with the Mets to realize his goal of playing in New York.

46. Joel Pineiro - Cubs. Pineiro had great success in '09 in the NL Central, and could be a bargain if he rights the ship.

47. Jonathan Broxton - Mets. Broxton had arthroscopic surgery to remove a bone spur and loose bodies from his elbow in September and expects to be ready for Spring Training. Though he may not be the Broxton of old, I expect incentive-laden offers to be plentiful.

48. Joe Nathan - Twins. Nathan is excited about free agency, but after so many successful years closing for the Twins he may want to return to the role full-time in 2012.

49. Kerry Wood - Cubs. It's Cubs or retirement for Wood, and there's no reason not to bring him back.

50. Bruce Chen - Royals. As long as Chen's price tag doesn't get excessive, he's a good fit back with the Royals.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2011, 05:08 PM
I honestly don't think Texas needs Oswalt.

We were 1 out from winning it all.

We have a few very young starting pitchers who are only going to get better.

I'd rather see bullpen help brought in.

Shogun
11-02-2011, 05:20 PM
There is no way CJ is going anywhere, right?

BigRedChief
11-02-2011, 05:48 PM

I'd rather see bullpen help brought in.You just thought you were one strike away. When is reality, we had you right where we wanted. :p

DeezNutz
11-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Like to see the Royals make a play for Jackson and Oswalt, though the latter would probably sooner eat shit than take a chance on an up-and-coming Royals team.

eazyb81
11-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Some things to watch.

50. Bruce Chen - Royals. As long as Chen's price tag doesn't get excessive, he's a good fit back with the Royals.

PRINT EM.

DeezNutz
11-02-2011, 05:53 PM
I know, I know, but if Chen is your #5, your staff is probably halfway decent.

Ming the Merciless
11-02-2011, 05:59 PM
you can follow trade rumors on facebook too, if thats better for some people's phones or whatnot:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MLBTradeRumorscom/19962522840

Shogun
11-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I personally think that Pujols will remain a cardinal.

Reyes to Brewers and Fielder to Marlins

eazyb81
11-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I personally think that Pujols will remain a cardinal.

Reyes to Brewers and Fielder to Marlins

Losing Fielder and gaining Reyes would be an upgrade for the Brew Crew.

KurtCobain
11-02-2011, 07:04 PM
I think the Royals spend big this year.

Sure-Oz
11-02-2011, 07:08 PM

I'd rather see bullpen help brought in.

Should've kept Frenchy to play RF, he would've caught it

Molitoth
11-02-2011, 07:12 PM
lol @ The Royals.

KurtCobain
11-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I bet the royals get darvish buerhle and cj wilson.

Shogun
11-02-2011, 07:21 PM
KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING THE ROYALS

do it

Sure-Oz
11-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I hope to see alot of FA damage done by the Royals. Why wouldnt a few decent pitchers not want to come here? Young lineup will crush

ChiefsCountry
11-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Mark Buehrle would be an awesome pickup.

SnakeXJones
11-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Mark Buehrle would be an awesome pickup.I would def love to have him

Shogun
11-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Dumb question.. Managers who are free agents can make moves at the deadline too right?

kcxiv
11-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Well, Frank Mcdouche has agreeed to sell the Dodgers and there are a few potential buyers i would LOVE to see the Dodgers end up with. This needs to happen, so the Dodgers can Sign either Fielder or big Albert. We need some more pop behind Matt Kemp. He putt up MVP numbers with no fucking threat at all behind him, zilch zero.

ChiefsCountry
11-02-2011, 09:52 PM
I think Fielder and Edwin Jackson are headed to Miami.

Shogun
11-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I think Fielder and Edwin Jackson are headed to Miami.

not 1....not 2....,ect..

Al Bundy
11-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Big Free agent splash, Bruce Chen. There you go Royals fans.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
11-02-2011, 10:10 PM
so I guess everyone predicts that the Astros are going to stick with midgets and other shitheads who can't get on base?

Shogun
11-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Big Free agent splash, Bruce Chen. There you go Royals fans.

que?

Shogun
11-02-2011, 10:11 PM
so I guess everyone predicts that the Astros are going to stick with midgets and other shitheads who can't get on base?

Seriously, after hunter pence left, they have maybe 1, 2 guys who have ANY business in the majors.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Like to see the Royals make a play for Jackson

Why? He'll give you innings, but with a limited budget how can you justify giving 10-12 MM for a #4 starter?

Titty Meat
11-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Are the Royals moving yet?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-02-2011, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Cardinals drift an offer out there to Aaron Hill. If he shows half of his 2009 form, that lineup becomes the best in baseball, with nary a hole in it.

Given that Skip and Theriot made $6.5 million combined last year, giving Hill around 8, re-signing Furcal, while allowing Descalso to be a super sub sounds like a good move to me.

ChiefsCountry
11-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Here is the A&B Free Agent lists.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/10/official-elias-rankings.html

Type A
•Albert Pujols, Cardinals - 95.200
•Prince Fielder, Brewers - 91.200
•C.J. Wilson, Rangers - 90.988
•David Ortiz, Red Sox - 86.000
•Ryan Madson, Phillies - 82.948
•Heath Bell, Padres - 81.437
•Carlos Beltran, Giants - 80.879 (cannot be offered arbitration)
•Jonathan Papelbon, Red Sox - 80.292
•Ramon Hernandez, Reds - 78.947
•Roy Oswalt, Phillies - 78.350
•Michael Cuddyer, Twins - 77.671
•Josh Willingham, Athletics - 77.534
•Kelly Johnson, Blue Jays - 74.725
•Matt Capps, Twins - 73.788
•Darren Oliver, Rangers - 72.880
•Jose Reyes, Mets - 77.249
•Jimmy Rollins, Phillies - 76.720
•Francisco Rodriguez, Brewers - 75.671
•Octavio Dotel, Cardinals - 70.922
•Takashi Saito, Brewers - 69.627
•Francisco Cordero, Reds - 68.486

Type B
•Aramis Ramirez, Cubs - 71.978
•Mark Ellis, Rockies - 71.429
•Rod Barajas, Dodgers - 70.489
•Vladimir Guerrero, Orioles - 70.000
•Alex Gonzalez, Braves - 69.312
•Mark Buehrle, White Sox - 68.508
•Jason Kubel, Twins - 68.219
•Frank Francisco, Blue Jays - 68.211
•Raul Ibanez, Phillies - 68.022
•Ryan Doumit, Pirates - 67.857
•Bruce Chen, Royals - 67.248
•Hiroki Kuroda, Dodgers - 66.422
•Chris Snyder, Pirates - 65.414
•Brad Lidge, Phillies - 64.477
•David DeJesus, Athletics - 64.384
•Derrek Lee, Pirates - 64.000
•Magglio Ordonez, Tigers - 63.288
•Edwin Jackson, Cardinals - 63.154
•Ryan Ludwick, Pirates - 62.637
•Aaron Hill, Diamondbacks - 62.500
•Yuniesky Betancourt, Brewers - 61.905
•Kerry Wood, Cubs - 61.764
•Freddy Garcia, Yankees - 61.240
•Juan Pierre, White Sox - 61.233
•Jon Rauch, Blue Jays - 61.083
•Dan Wheeler, Red Sox - 60.905
•Cody Ross, Giants - 60.879
•Aaron Harang, Padres - 60.294
•Wilson Betemit, Tigers - 59.740
•Jose Molina, Blue Jays - 59.586
•Carlos Pena, Cubs - 59.200
•Pat Burrell, Giants - 59.121
•Arthur Rhodes, Cardinals - 59.019
•Shawn Camp, Blue Jays - 57.680
•Jason Varitek, Red Sox - 57.143
•Rafael Furcal, Cardinals - 56.085
•Clint Barmes, Astros - 55.556

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Stunning that Rhodes made Type B status. That said, I'd be terrified of offering him arb, for fear that he'd accept it.

I had no idea that Dotel was a type A. Again, if he'd decline arb and we'd get two picks from that...holy shit. Although that would never happen.

cabletech94
11-03-2011, 07:38 AM
I bet the royals get darvish buerhle and cj wilson.

buerhle would be an outstanding innings eater with a huge + glove.

ChiefsCountry
11-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Stunning that Rhodes made Type B status. That said, I'd be terrified of offering him arb, for fear that he'd accept it.

I had no idea that Dotel was a type A. Again, if he'd decline arb and we'd get two picks from that...holy shit. Although that would never happen.

Those two were both shockers for me as well.

DeezNutz
11-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Why? He'll give you innings, but with a limited budget how can you justify giving 10-12 MM for a #4 starter?

Though his strikeout to walk ratio is lackluster, he's also someone who has been durable, while having a very respectable ERA. In '09, the dude was a 4.3 WAR pitcher, and he's said to be amenable to a four-year deal.

At 28, Jackson is someone with upside and who won't handcuff us for future moves.

The Franchise
11-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Well, Frank Mcdouche has agreeed to sell the Dodgers and there are a few potential buyers i would LOVE to see the Dodgers end up with. This needs to happen, so the Dodgers can Sign either Fielder or big Albert. We need some more pop behind Matt Kemp. He putt up MVP numbers with no fucking threat at all behind him, zilch zero.

This.

I'm praying to God that Mark Cuban takes a shot.

The Rick
11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Losing Fielder and gaining Reyes would be an upgrade for the Brew Crew.
Yep, I could certainly live with that swap...

oldandslow
11-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Yep, I could certainly live with that swap...

only if Reyes stays on the field. His history of injury would scare me off.

Shogun
11-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Braves Open To Trading Jurrjens, Prado
By Mark Polishuk [November 3 at 4:25pm CST]

The Braves have told some teams they would be willing to move Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado in a trade, a Major League source tells MLB.com's Mark Bowman. Atlanta is known to be looking for a power-hitting outfielder and possibly a new shortstop, so either could be acquired in a Jurrjens/Prado trade, or at the very least the Braves could pick up some salary relief --- both Jurrjens and Prado are arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter.

The Braves and Royals have already discussed a Jurrjens trade, and the Braves have an interest in minor league outfielders Lorenzo Cain and Wil Myers, amongst several other prospects in K.C.'s deep farm system. The Royals are known to be targeting veteran starting pitching on the trade market this winter so the two sides would seem like a fit as trading partners. As Bowman notes, Cain could be seen by the Braves as a future center field option if Michael Bourn isn't signed to an extension.

Jurrjens was an All-Star in 2011, though the right-hander struggled badly (a 5.88 ERA) in the second half of the season and spent time on the DL with a knee injury. While Jurrjens' health is a question mark, Myers also took a minor step back (a .745 OPS in Double-A) in 2011 after being ranked as the 10th-best prospect in the sport in Baseball America's preseason rankings. Myers is still just 20, however, and was converted to the outfield this year after spending his first two pro seasons as a catcher.

After an impressive 2010 season that saw him finish ninth in NL MVP voting, Prado took a step back in 2011, hitting .260/.302/.385 as Atlanta's everyday left fielder. Prado's ability to play left, third, first and second base would make him an intriguing trade possibility for a number of teams, especially since he could be available at a somewhat buy-low price.

PRINT EM

KC_Connection
11-03-2011, 03:51 PM

Yeah, Dotel looks like a near lock to accept arbitration I'd say.

I really wish the Jays would keep Jose Molina, but they're not going to. He's a Type B.

KC_Connection
11-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Well, Frank Mcdouche has agreeed to sell the Dodgers and there are a few potential buyers i would LOVE to see the Dodgers end up with. This needs to happen, so the Dodgers can Sign either Fielder or big Albert. We need some more pop behind Matt Kemp. He putt up MVP numbers with no ****ing threat at all behind him, zilch zero.
He had Juan Rivera, the same guy Bautista had for half the season. That's what these two had in common: LMAO

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2011/10/24/Bautista-Kemp-get-Aaron-Awards-GCGSV9P-x-large.jpg

BTW, I just read the Dodgers gave Rivera a contract for next year, haha.

Frazod
11-03-2011, 03:57 PM

You're an Astros fan?

Oh, that explains a lot. ROFL

ChiefsCountry
11-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Jurrijens could be a nice pickup for the Royals but not at the cost of Will Myers. If Myers gets dealt it better be for a really big fish IMO.

Nightfyre
11-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Jurrijens could be a nice pickup for the Royals but not at the cost of Will Myers. If Myers gets dealt it better be for a really big fish IMO.

This.

lewdog
11-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Phillies sign Thome

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/phillies-agree-to-sign-jim-thome.html?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

lewdog
11-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Anyone else think the closer position in greatly overrated? Papelbon got paid way too much, IMO.

Jonathan Papelbon is closing the book on his tenure with the Boston Red Sox.

Papelbon, the longtime Red Sox right-hander who has anchored their bullpen for six years, including a World Series title in 2007, has agreed to a four-year, $50 million deal with the Philadelphia Phillies pending a physical, a source familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com senior writer Jayson Stark on Friday.

Papelbon
The deal includes a vesting option that could take it beyond $60 million for the 30-year-old, the source said. Another source close to the situation said the physical with the Phillies won't occur until early next week, the earliest the contract could be finalized or announced.

If finalized, the contract would be the largest total package ever signed by a relief pitcher. The previous high was the five-year, $47 million deal signed by B.J. Ryan with Toronto in December 2005.

The $12.5 million average annual value of the deal would be tied for the second-highest ever signed by a reliever.

Mariano Rivera's $15 million a year, in each of his last two contracts, ranks No. 1.

Reaper16
11-11-2011, 05:06 PM
LMAO @ Phillies

whoman69
11-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Phillies sign Thome

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/phillies-agree-to-sign-jim-thome.html?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Injury protection since Howard probably out an extended time with that achilles. Phillies spending again.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-11-2011, 07:54 PM
If the Mariners go after Prince, I will fucking explode. Ryan Sexton part two? Fuck that.

Mi_chief_fan
11-11-2011, 08:05 PM
If the Mariners go after Prince, I will ****ing explode. Ryan Sexton part two? **** that.

Huh? do you mean Richie Sexson?

Al Bundy
11-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Marlins unveiling new logo live
http://mlb.mlb.com/marlins/

SAUTO
11-11-2011, 08:26 PM
If the Mariners go after Prince, I will fucking explode. Ryan Sexton part two? Fuck that.

I dont see a problem.

With the way his daddy did em hes gonna be ok...
Posted via Mobile Device

MIAdragon
11-11-2011, 08:33 PM
There is no way CJ is going anywhere, right?

no chance CJ stays in Texas.

O.city
11-11-2011, 08:34 PM
CJ Wilson is outta Texas.

Glad to see Texas out of the Albert thing. Although with him on that lineup, I dunno how you beat them.

MIAdragon
11-11-2011, 08:35 PM
This.

I'm praying to God that Mark Cuban takes a shot.

no way Bud lets him anywhere near a team.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Huh? do you mean Richie Sexson?

Yeah. I hate auto correct.

I dont see a problem.

With the way his daddy did em hes gonna be ok...
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm afraid he's going to be just like his daddy and fall apart anytime now.

CHENZ A!
11-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Oh man. You're not the first person I've seen say they wouldn't want Fielder. But I think that dude is a straight baller, if we didn't have Hos I'd take him in a heartbeat(not that we'd ever make an offer on him).

The only thing I don't get is how he gets so fat, being a vegetarian and all.. Does he only eat McDonalds french fries and guacamole or what? :shrug:

Rams Fan
11-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Oh man. You're not the first person I've seen say they wouldn't want Fielder. But I think that dude is a straight baller, if we didn't have Hos I'd take him in a heartbeat(not that we'd ever make an offer on him).

The only thing I don't get is how he gets so fat, being a vegetarian and all.. Does he only eat McDonalds french fries and guacamole or what? :shrug:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RcvaYgWc9eY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

veist
11-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Anyone else think the closer position in greatly overrated? Papelbon got paid way too much, IMO.

Jonathan Papelbon is closing the book on his tenure with the Boston Red Sox.

Papelbon, the longtime Red Sox right-hander who has anchored their bullpen for six years, including a World Series title in 2007, has agreed to a four-year, $50 million deal with the Philadelphia Phillies pending a physical, a source familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com senior writer Jayson Stark on Friday.

Papelbon
The deal includes a vesting option that could take it beyond $60 million for the 30-year-old, the source said. Another source close to the situation said the physical with the Phillies won't occur until early next week, the earliest the contract could be finalized or announced.

If finalized, the contract would be the largest total package ever signed by a relief pitcher. The previous high was the five-year, $47 million deal signed by B.J. Ryan with Toronto in December 2005.

The $12.5 million average annual value of the deal would be tied for the second-highest ever signed by a reliever.

Mariano Rivera's $15 million a year, in each of his last two contracts, ranks No. 1.

They overpaid in years and dollars. I mean seriously who gives a reliever a 4 year contract?

tk13
12-04-2011, 11:25 PM
The Marlins signed Jose Reyes to a 6 year, $106 million contract today. Hanley Ramirez will likely move to third.

The bigger news though is that they are apparently very serious about signing Albert Pujols. His agent will meet with Miami either Monday or Tuesday. Lot of buzz on twitter about it tonight. Jayson Stark reports he is their #1 target and they are very serious about upping their offer for him... SI's Jon Heyman has downplayed the whole thing as a joke on twitter all offseason, but tonight he's tweeted that the Marlins are in on him. Said it's like "a whole new organization."

Winter meetings are this week, so hopefully things will pick up.

Buck
12-05-2011, 03:27 AM
And they are after CJ Wilson or Buehrle.

tk13
12-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Lots of Yu Darvish buzz tonight. Reportedly Darvish's team was very excited about how high the winning bid was, so it looks like he might be playing here next year. Lot of buzz on twitter about the Blue Jays, but we'll see. Some people seem to think the Cubs may have put in a pretty large bid too. Buster Olney says all the executives he talked to think it was the Jays or Rangers.

lewdog
12-16-2011, 11:49 PM
I just had to put this in here out of my respect for Cuddyer. I have just always loved his ability to play almost every position. I don't know why but I always really liked this guy.

DENVER -- The Rockies are putting the final touches on a three-year, $31.5 million contract with outfielder Michael Cuddyer, a Major League source confirmed to MLB.com on Friday morning.

Colorado general manager Dan O'Dowd declined to comment. The Rockies will not make an official announcement until after Cuddyer undergoes a physical next week.

The right-handed-hitting Cuddyer, 32, hit .284 with 20 home runs and 70 RBIs for the Twins last season. He has hit at least 20 homers three times in his career, including a career-high 32 in 2009. In 1,139 career games, all with the Twins, Cuddyer is a .272 hitter with 141 homers and 580 RBIs.

Cuddyer figures to fit in the lineup in left field, but also could move to first base on days Todd Helton is not in the lineup. The Rockies could use him in the No. 5 spot behind shortstop Troy Tulowitzki or at No. 6 if the Rockies want the left-handed-hitting Helton to continue to bat behind Tulowitzki.

Cuddyer also offers versatility, with experience in both corners of the outfield, third base and first base.

The Rockies also were looking to remake the flavor of the clubhouse after finishing 73-89 last season and not showing the toughness that had become a trademark of the club in recent seasons. The team has added a pair of veterans via free agency: catcher Ramon Hernandez for two years and $6.4 million and Cuddyer.

The Rockies still aren't likely done rebuilding their 2012 roster. Left-handed-hitting Seth Smith, who figures to be supplanted by Cuddyer, is the team's main chip in its attempts to fill other holes. There is a key need for a starting pitcher who is capable of throwing 200 innings, with left-hander Jorge De La Rosa having to come back from Tommy John surgery and out until sometime around June.

The Rockies rid themselves of $7 million in salary by dealing relief pitcher Huston Street to the Padres and further trimmed the payroll of a projected $2.6 million when they sent arbitration-eligible third baseman Ian Stewart to the Cubs as part of a four-player trade, helping the club achieve enough payroll relief to make an offer to an outfielder like Cuddyer.

The Rockies began pursuing Cuddyer early in the free-agency period, but needed the market to fall into place. That occurred on Thursday, when outfielder Josh Willingham signed a three-year deal with the Twins.

But signing Cuddyer means the Rockies will not be able to continue to pursue Hiroki Kuroda, a right-hander reportedly looking for a one-year deal in the $13 million range.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111215&content_id=26177782&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

veist
12-17-2011, 02:34 PM
And the next time Colorado says they can't make any moves it'll be because they overpaid Cuddyer.

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Reds trade for Mat Latos. Padres get Volquez and three other players.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7362616/san-diego-padres-trade-mat-latos-cincinnati-reds-edinson-volquez-yonder-alonso-two-prospects

CaliforniaChief
12-17-2011, 02:39 PM
What a steal for the Padres. Great trade.

lewdog
12-17-2011, 03:18 PM
And the next time Colorado says they can't make any moves it'll be because they overpaid Cuddyer.

Yea I see why the Twins didn't resign him for that.

veist
12-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Yea I see why the Twins didn't resign him for that.

They basically signed a younger Cuddyer for less money in Willingham. Plus they're going to get two picks for him because don't forget that Cuddy was a Type A.

On to the Latos deal, it sure reminds me of the Mulder trade.

Buck
12-17-2011, 04:50 PM
What a steal for the Padres. Great trade.

Seriously? This guy we traded away has Ace potential. Does Volquez? I don't think so.

Rams Fan
12-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Seriously? This guy we traded away has Ace potential. Does Volquez? I don't think so.

Volquez will benefit from a change of scenery.

The Padres got a decent 1B prospect in return, as well as a top 5 catching prospect and a closing prospect.

CaliforniaChief
12-17-2011, 04:52 PM

I think it was a good haul. Plus, for all his talent, Latos is kind of mental.

Buck
12-17-2011, 04:54 PM
I think it was a good haul. Plus, for all his talent, Latos is kind of mental.

What the hell makes you think he is mental?

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Buster_ESPNBuster Olney

Talked with some evaluators: There is an expectation that Padres will look to trade Anthony Rizzo.

Buck
12-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Buster_ESPNBuster Olney

Talked with some evaluators: There is an expectation that Padres will look to trade Anthony Rizzo.

Yeah I saw that.

I never expected so much discontinuity with the new regime.

Looks like we have another 5 year plan in the works.

CaliforniaChief
12-17-2011, 04:58 PM
I shouldn't have used the word mental. Maturity concerns would have been better. Some sources here:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/reactions-to-the-mat-latos-trade.html

Great stuff, just not all put together up there in terms of competing.

MIAdragon
12-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Buster_ESPNBuster Olney

wow

Buck
12-17-2011, 05:02 PM
I shouldn't have used the word mental. Maturity concerns would have been better. Some sources here:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/reactions-to-the-mat-latos-trade.html

Great stuff, just not all put together up there in terms of competing.

Oh cool thanks for the link. I didn't know he had those issues.

I didn't realize either that we got some decent minor leaguers as well.

CaliforniaChief
12-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Oh cool thanks for the link. I didn't know he had those issues.

I didn't realize either that we got some decent minor leaguers as well.

I hope Volquez pans out. He had electric stuff. I was surprised to see Rizzo on the block, though. Frustrating to see Hoyer build the minors up and then the new gang comes in and changes course.

Buck
12-17-2011, 05:10 PM
I hope Volquez pans out. He had electric stuff. I was surprised to see Rizzo on the block, though. Frustrating to see Hoyer build the minors up and then the new gang comes in and changes course.

Yep. It makes me wonder if the 1B guy we got in this Reds trade is the planned starter at 1B for them for at least the next couple years.

veist
12-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Yep. It makes me wonder if the 1B guy we got in this Reds trade is the planned starter at 1B for them for at least the next couple years.

Alonso almost certainly is going to be your opening day 1B. With Volquez you can probably write some the bad this year off as fallout from last year when he had TJ and that PEDs suspension. A change in scenery could do him a world of good. Ultimately they did trade you like 3 of their top 10 prospects 2 of whom were top 5 prospects along with Volquez which is way more than Oakland got for Trevor Cahill and Latos isn't _that_ much better than Cahill.

Buck
12-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Alonso almost certainly is going to be your opening day 1B. With Volquez you can probably write some the bad this year off as fallout from last year when he had TJ and that PEDs suspension. A change in scenery could do him a world of good. Ultimately they did trade you like 3 of their top 10 prospects 2 of whom were top 5 prospects along with Volquez which is way more than Oakland got for Trevor Cahill and Latos isn't _that_ much better than Cahill.

I don't know anything about Cahill, but I can tell you that if Latos pitches like he did in his rookie season again, then the Reds are fucking set.

He was lights out his rookie season (2010), and he was on an innings limit (150 I think http://friarforecast.com/2010/06/23/mat-latos-and-the-innings-limit/). The Padres were in the hunt when I don't think they were expected to be and they won 90 games. They were in the race so they had to pitch him and he went over his limit. I think he ended around 190 or so.

That may have tired his arm too much because he had never pitched more than 90 innings in a season before that.

Anyway, if he can get back to the stuff he had in 2010, he'll be pretty nasty.

veist
12-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Not saying I don't think Latos is good just that I think you're undervaluing the return especially when a comparable albeit not quite as good young arm was dealt for much, much less. Without Oakland dealing Cahill this deal still would imo look like the Reds overpaid but with the backdrop of that deal it totally is a "bowl you over" offer. Like I said before, it reminds me of when Jocketty traded for Mulder.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Yonder Alonso has the talent to be a top level 1B. I think both teams are better for this trade.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-17-2011, 07:22 PM
TBrownYahooTim Brown
Details on Pujols contract incentives: He gets $3 million for 3,000th hit and $7 million for 763rd HR. Now at 2,073 hits, 445 HRs.

Buck
12-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Darvish announcement tonight.

Also check this thing out by a Padres affiliated talk show host.

He is talking about Latos of course.
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/232046/smith_on_latos.jpg

tk13
12-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Texas Rangers win the Darvish bid. $51.7 million according to Yahoo.