PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Broncos’ John Elway spotted at Stanford practice, scouting Andrew Luck

Quesadilla Joe
11-02-2011, 07:46 PM
NFL scouts and football folks frequently troll the sidelines of college football practices.

But of course, John Elway is no normal football executive, and when he’s seen at the college practice of the projected No. 1 pick in next year’s draft, well, that becomes news.

Associated Press reporter Antonio Gonzalez reported via Twitter Wednesday afternoon that Elway is watching Stanford, and star quarterback Andrew Luck, practice in Palo Alto.

A Broncos team spokesman said earlier today that Elway and general manager Brian Xanders are out of town this week “scouting.”

It isn’t Elway’s first trip to Stanford this year. He was also in Palo Alto earlier this fall to watch the Cardinal play the University of Colorado.

Elway (and any NFLer) is banned from talking about college players while they are still in college. But he can certainly observe.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/02/elway-spotted-at-stanford-practice/10541/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RealSNR
11-02-2011, 07:46 PM
How does this make you feel, KnowMo? You said just a week ago to fuck Luck and that Tebow was the only way

Quesadilla Joe
11-02-2011, 07:48 PM
I don't really care. I posted this to see how Chiefs fans feel about it.

Mr. Laz
11-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Do you guys think Elway is deliberately sabotaging Tebow to pave the way for Luck?

i mean the week he gives Tebow the starting job he trades away his best WR.

-King-
11-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Yeah I'm sure every team was represented there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quesadilla Joe
11-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah I'm sure every team was represented there.
Posted via Mobile Device

But every team didn't have an executive named honorary captain in Stanford's bowl game last year.

Johnny Vegas
11-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Well they're not getting Luck. Miami will.

CoMoChief
11-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Well they're not getting Luck. Miami will.

MIA is a much better team than DEN......at least MIA's been playing better.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2011, 07:58 PM
A nuclear strike could take them both out in one blow.

Okie_Apparition
11-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Munching on some wild oats he'd sown earlier

Johnny Vegas
11-02-2011, 08:06 PM
MIA is a much better team than DEN......at least MIA's been playing better.

I don't see Miami winning more than 1 game if they even get there and Denver has 2 wins so far.

tk13
11-02-2011, 08:09 PM
People act like there's only one or two bad teams out there. Miami, Indy, Jax, Arizona, St. Louis, Minnesota, Carolina and Seattle all have records equal or worse as Denver. That's eight teams.

Brock
11-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Dream on.

BossChief
11-02-2011, 08:18 PM
People act like there's only one or two bad teams out there. Miami, Indy, Jax, Arizona, St. Louis, Minnesota, Carolina and Seattle all have records equal or worse as Denver. That's eight teams.

And half of them have made significant moves to add a quarterback within the last few months.

FWIW, If Stl, Carolina or Jacksonville got the top pick...Id be on the horn trying to make a trade fro their current starter.

ALSO:

How do you like my sig?

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-02-2011, 08:21 PM

I feel like you've already won 2 too many games.

MagicHef
11-02-2011, 08:36 PM
There aren't many executives that would be willing to trade away everything their team has to get Luck. Elway would, I'm pretty sure.

tk13
11-02-2011, 08:39 PM
There aren't many executives that would be willing to trade away everything their team has to get Luck. Elway would, I'm pretty sure.

I would agree with that. If you'd give me odds on who is most likely to trade their next two drafts for Luck, I'd probably put the Broncos in the top 2 or 3, if not first.

Rasputin
11-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Gee, like Horseface wouldn't have any other reason to visit his college alma mater?

He was spotted there last year several times grazing on the field.

KCrockaholic
11-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Ur fucking dumb. Elway has been to most of the Stanford games this year.

BossChief
11-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Ur fucking dumb. Elway has been to most of the Stanford games this year.

he would know that if he watched the damn games.

Trololol

KCrockaholic
11-02-2011, 09:40 PM
he would know that if he watched the damn games.

Trololol

I'm surprised he doesn't watch Stanford. He wouldn't have to turn the TV off after the first quarter cause they are always winning unlike that other team.

cdcox
11-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Current odds in the Luck derby:

Indy 46%
Miami 28%
Arizona 11%
Seattle 4%
Minnesota 2%
Carolina 2%
Denver 2%
St Louis 2%
Field 3%

Rain Man
11-02-2011, 10:06 PM

Indy 46%
Miami 28%
Arizona 11%
Seattle 4%
Minnesota 2%
Carolina 2%
Denver 2%
St Louis 2%
Field 3%

Elway is probably trying to talk Andrew Luck into refusing to play for the Colts so Elway can trade for them. I bet he's offering payments under the table like the ones he got from Bowlen in the late 90s.

MagicHef
11-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Elway is probably trying to talk Andrew Luck into refusing to play for the Colts so Elway can trade for them. I bet he's offering payments under the table like the ones he got from Bowlen in the late 90s.

Hopefully.

seamonster
11-02-2011, 10:12 PM
NFL should just go ahead an institute an f'ing lottery. THe way the colts and and the donkeys are putting slightly retarded products on the field each week to grasp for a quarterback is making an already ugly system, with the instant replays and nine thousand bonnerpill/beer adds, even nastier.

yeti
11-02-2011, 10:15 PM
We better put the hammer down on Miami this weekend to prevent serious and potentially disastrous changes in the space-time continuum.

The Bad Guy
11-02-2011, 10:21 PM
But every team didn't have an executive named honorary captain in Stanford's bowl game last year.

And that means jack and shit in the grand scheme of things.

Denver's got 2 wins, which is 2 more than Miami or Indy are getting.

BIG_DADDY
11-02-2011, 10:28 PM
And that means jack and shit in the grand scheme of things.

Denver's got 2 wins, which is 2 more than Miami or Indy are getting.

Although I would take Miami over Denver in Denver in a heartbeat. Not derailing just saying.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2011, 10:56 PM

Indy 46%
Miami 28%
Arizona 11%
Seattle 4%
Minnesota 2%
Carolina 2%
Denver 2%
St Louis 2%
Field 3%Why such a big difference between Miami and Indy?

Rams Fan
11-02-2011, 11:01 PM
And half of them have made significant moves to add a quarterback within the last few months.

FWIW, If Stl, Carolina or Jacksonville got the top pick...Id be on the horn trying to make a trade fro their current starter.

ALSO:

How do you like my sig?

[sigh]

The Rams aren't getting the first overall pick, considering that they should be able to win quite a few games against the Seahawks, Cardinals and Browns.

Carolina reminds me of Buffalo last season. I don't think they'll be picking in the top 3, though.

cdcox
11-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Why such a big difference between Miami and Indy?

Two factors:

Indy is rated as a slightly weaker team by advancednflstats.com.

The software projects a 75% chance that by the end of the season Miami will have a stronger strength of schedule, which gives Indy a better draft pick.

58kcfan89
11-03-2011, 12:38 AM
Two factors:

Indy is rated as a slightly weaker team by advancednflstats.com.

The software projects a 75% chance that by the end of the season Miami will have a stronger strength of schedule, which gives Indy a better draft pick.

I figured it'd have had something to do with the fact that Miami's actually been ahead in a few games and lost late, whereas the fucking Colts look like an abomination of a football team for 60 minutes each week.

Bowser
11-03-2011, 01:22 AM

We really couldn't give a fuck less. A very solid attempt at trolling, though.

KC Hawks
11-03-2011, 01:28 AM
I'm hearing the Broncos have a trade lined up with the Colts if they end up with the number one pick. Colts will trade the pick and two future first round picks for a 2023 Broncos fifth round pick.

tooge
11-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Elway can scout him all he wants. It's gonna take 3 first round picks, and perhaps more to get him for the Donkos, since either Miami or Indy will be sitting there. Not only that, but I'm guessing neither of those franchises would trade out of that spot. Secondly, the broncos are so devoid of young talent, and in need of filling so many holes, that even if they did get Luck, they'd be giving up the chance to build around him for the next three years. Bailey is old, Dawkins is old, they have no receivers, the o line and d lines are pedestrian. They have about 8 players total that are worth a shit. If they do find a way to get Luck, they might, MIGHT, be very good in about 6 years or so, about the time his first contract will be up.

Iowanian
11-03-2011, 07:42 AM
How do Chiefs fans feel about it?

I feel happy that Elway has so little confidence in the team he's built so far that in week 8, he feels like he's got a shot at the number 1 pick in the draft.

broncos suck

bevischief
11-03-2011, 07:50 AM
A nuclear strike could take them both out in one blow.

Its the only way to be sure.

jd1020
11-03-2011, 07:50 AM
WOW! What a shocker! A team with no solid QB scouting the best QB in college? I simply didn't see that at all.

Mind. Blown.

Imon Yourside
11-03-2011, 07:57 AM
I feel as if the Broncos have and will continue to suck Kno-matter what is posted by Donkey fans on Chief boards.

MiamiDolphins
11-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Timeline of events as I see it :

1) Elway wanted Andrew Luck

2) Helped give Tebow starting job

3) Knows that Denver vs Miami is a pivotal Suck for Luck game....begins preparing

4) Right before the game vs Miami, trades away pro bowler WR Brandon LLoyd

5) All goes according to plan....until the Dolphins show you how badly they suck. Broncos somehow win game

6) Elway smiles in public, goes back to his office and breaks a pencil. Plan foiled. Denver now has 2 wins.

7) so... now Elway still wants Luck, but he's going to Stanford practices to see how far he is willing to go for him. How many draft picks, etc.....

He's gauging his interest to determine how far he will go to land Luck.

MahiMike
11-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Timeline of events as I see it :

1) Elway wanted Andrew Luck

2) Helped give Tebow starting job

3) Knows that Denver vs Miami is a pivotal Suck for Luck game....begins preparing

4) Right before the game vs Miami, trades away pro bowler WR Brandon LLoyd

5) All goes according to plan....until the Dolphins show you how badly they suck. Broncos somehow win game

6) Elway smiles in public, goes back to his office and breaks a pencil. Plan foiled. Denver now has 2 wins.

7) so... now Elway still wants Luck, but he's going to Stanford practices to see how far he is willing to go for him. How many draft picks, etc.....

He's gauging his interest to determine how far he will go to land Luck.

Righto chap.

This will be the most interesting draft since Manning/Leaf.

Bane
11-03-2011, 08:18 AM
"But of course, John Elway is no normal football executive"

Lol. What a fucktard.

talastan
11-03-2011, 08:24 AM

Of course you don't care, its not like you're watching the games anyway. :p

luv
11-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Elway went to watch Stanford, and he can't talk about it. Why is this news?

King_Chief_Fan
11-03-2011, 08:51 AM
NFL scouts and football folks frequently troll the sidelines of college football practices.

But of course, John Elway is no normal football executive, and when he’s seen at the college practice of the projected No. 1 pick in next year’s draft, well, that becomes news.

Associated Press reporter Antonio Gonzalez reported via Twitter Wednesday afternoon that Elway is watching Stanford, and star quarterback Andrew Luck, practice in Palo Alto.

A Broncos team spokesman said earlier today that Elway and general manager Brian Xanders are out of town this week “scouting.”

It isn’t Elway’s first trip to Stanford this year. He was also in Palo Alto earlier this fall to watch the Cardinal play the University of Colorado.

Elway (and any NFLer) is banned from talking about college players while they are still in college. But he can certainly observe.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/02/elway-spotted-at-stanford-practice/10541/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

How do donkey fans feel that the first pick in the draft goes to Indy or Miami and that Denver can't pick Luck.......It will cost the Denver a king's ransom to land Luck

Mile High Mania
11-03-2011, 08:54 AM
KnowMo ... you really need to find a hobby.

Coogs
11-03-2011, 10:59 AM

How do I feel about this?

If he was going to scout Andrew Luck, then being spotted at a Stanford practice means he was probably in the right place.