PDA

View Full Version : Misc Need to find out who is doing work outside business

penguinz
11-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Anyone here know who I would contact with the City of Kansas City t find out who has torn up the sidewalk outside our building. I am pretty sure it is a telecom company but not sure who.

Hoover
11-03-2011, 10:02 AM
You could walk out and ask them...

Lazy :)

Fish
11-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Did you try asking the people outside who are tearing up the sidewalk? It's a long shot, but they might know...

penguinz
11-03-2011, 10:03 AM
You could walk out and ask them...

Lazy :)Wow. Never would have thought of that. I will sit by the hole and wait for someone to come by.

penguinz
11-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Did you try asking the people outside who are tearing up the sidewalk? It's a long shot, but they might know...No one has been there for weeks.

Fish
11-03-2011, 10:06 AM
No one has been there for weeks.

Well.... it was a long shot.

Amnorix
11-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Anyone here know who I would contact with the City of Kansas City t find out who has torn up the sidewalk outside our building. I am pretty sure it is a telecom company but not sure who.

Ought to be the DPW.

http://www.kcmo.org/CKCMO/Depts/PublicWorks/index.htm

Probably these guys, specifically:

http://www.kcmo.org/CKCMO/Depts/PublicWorks/SidewalkGroup/index.htm

Sidewalk Group

Overview
The Sidewalk Group is a sub-group of the Street and Traffic Division of Public Works. The function of the group is to design, bid and construct all curb and sidewalk improvement projects. These projects include spot improvements or entire block improvements.

For more information:

Methods to replace sidewalks, curbs and driveways
Why does the property owner have to pay for curbs, sidewalks and driveways?
Definition of out-of-repair locations
Sidewalk, curb and driveway apron repair programs
To place a complaint on a sidewalk, curb or driveway, call 816-513-1313.

To contact the Sidewalk Group, call 816-513-8700.

nstygma
11-03-2011, 10:12 AM
call 311 and tell them

rageeumr
11-03-2011, 10:13 AM
The customer service folks at the City of KCMO aren't always the most helpful.

You can use the online permit system to see who pulled the permit for the work:

http://kivaweb.kcmo.org/kivanet/2/permit/index.cfm

bevischief
11-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Go look in the hole and see if see a cable vault.

gblowfish
11-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Maybe it was giant chipmunks.

ChiefFripp
11-03-2011, 10:45 AM

If they left little flags on stakes, the color of the flag will tell you the perp. Blue is for The Water company and Orange is for Cable. I forget the rest.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-03-2011, 10:46 AM
If they left little flags on stakes, the color of the flag will tell you the perp. Blue is for The Water company and Orange is for Cable. I forget the rest.

that has zero bearing on who is excavating the hole.

Phobia
11-03-2011, 10:56 AM
that has zero bearing on who is excavating the hole.

Heh...

penguinz
11-03-2011, 10:57 AM
The customer service folks at the City of KCMO aren't always the most helpful.

You can use the online permit system to see who pulled the permit for the work:

http://kivaweb.kcmo.org/kivanet/2/permit/index.cfmThanks. Found what I needed. Rep!

Phobia
11-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Just go take a spill in the excavated area. By the time the ambulance drops you at the ER a mouthpiece from that company will be by your side.

Bob Dole
11-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Did you try going outside and yelling, "Who the fuck are you and why the fuck are you tearing up the sidewalk?"

That approach usually works for Bob Dole.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Heh...

For the layperson, it doesn't. You tell him to go out and look for flags, what does that tell him? There's likely to be several flags out there...

Even in the rare case only one utility is marked, and it coincides with the excavation, that still doesn't necessarily tell him who is excavating. It could be public utility, could be private. Could have nothing to do with utility at all and be traffic signal, etc.

Phobia
11-03-2011, 11:09 AM
For the layperson, it doesn't. You tell him to go out and look for flags, what does that tell him? There's likely to be several flags out there...

Even in the rare case only one utility is marked, and it coincides with the excavation, that still doesn't necessarily tell him who is excavating. It could be public utility, could be private. Could have nothing to do with utility at all and be traffic signal, etc.

That's why I said "Heh" to your post. Those flags don't indicate anything having anything to do with who is actually doing the work.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-03-2011, 11:51 AM
That's why I said "Heh" to your post. Those flags don't indicate anything having anything to do with who is actually doing the work.

ah, gotcha....interpreted it the opposite.

:thumb: