PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs make the playoffs: Which team do you NOT want to play?

ChiefFripp
11-03-2011, 12:11 PM
OK, so judging from every team in the AFC:Ws' remaining schedule , it is very possible that an 8-8 or 9-7 record will win the division. If The Chiefs made it to the playoffs , which team would you least like them to face?

Reerun_KC
11-03-2011, 12:11 PM
All of them...

loochy
11-03-2011, 12:13 PM
All of them...

This is the correct answer > Tebow

RealSNR
11-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Way to jinx us.

gblowfish
11-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Playoffs?

PLAYOFFS????

ChiefFripp
11-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Way to jinx us.

It's very hypothetical.

teedubya
11-03-2011, 12:16 PM
The Colts. heh

Fritz88
11-03-2011, 12:17 PM
I think we can do well against any of the teams above, except for the Ravens.

Radar Chief
11-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Playoffs?

PLAYOFFS????

:thumb: Classic.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U7fjDS0jKiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR
11-03-2011, 12:20 PM
It's very hypothetical.Story time:

When I was a Master's student, the university had a lot of PhD students they needed to take care of in terms of handing out teaching assistantships. I was at the bottom of the totem pole, and had to wait my turn. But I kind of needed the money that year. I got to talking to several of my professors in the department and they said there was the possibility that I could grab a position because of the small amount of students they were accepting for next year. If the one student didn't sign on, they would be able to give me a spot up front. I thought, "Sweet!"

So I kept asking for updates. The deadline passed. This other student supposedly didn't confirm. Awesome, right? So I told my folks, my friends, everybody that I got the job.

Two weeks later I got an e-mail that said there aren't enough positions available to me, and that I would not receive a teaching assistantship that year.

HoneyBadger
11-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah...

Radar Chief
11-03-2011, 12:21 PM
I think we can do well against any of the teams above, except for the Ravens.

If their offensive coordinator continues scheming the way he has been the past three weeks the Ravens in Arrow Head would worry me the least.

KurtCobain
11-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Ravens. This time around, I don't want a bunch of purple feather wearing queeros dancing around our stadium in delight.

chasedude
11-03-2011, 12:25 PM
I'd have to pick the Steelers, after what they did to the Pats.

Reerun_KC
11-03-2011, 12:25 PM
http://dad.mysbrforum.com/photos/l/QK121B14.jpg

ChiefFripp
11-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Way to jinx us.

Anyway, Todd's beard has us covered on that front.

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Playoffs?

jd1020
11-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Steelers
Ravens
Jets
Bengals

All good defenses. But the Steelers have the best offense. The rest just have potentially good offenses.

King_Chief_Fan
11-03-2011, 01:09 PM
OK, so judging from every team in the AFC:Ws' remaining schedule , it is very possible that an 8-8 or 9-7 record will win the division. If The Chiefs made it to the playoffs , which team would you least like them to face?

let's see, backing into the playoffs the hard way and now we want to be picky about who we play.......really?

ModSocks
11-03-2011, 01:17 PM
All of them...

End thread. Seriously, who didn't enter this thread with this response in mind? I know I did.

Molitoth
11-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Gonna go with Steelers, although the Ravens already know they can kick our ass.

durtyrute
11-03-2011, 01:19 PM
I think we could beat them all, emphasis on COULD.

loochy
11-03-2011, 01:20 PM

I agree. Our team is kind of schizo

ChiefsCountry
11-03-2011, 01:22 PM

Cassel is our QB, he can't beat any of the teams ahead of us.

Reerun_KC
11-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Cassel is our QB, he can't beat any of the teams ahead of us.

Your right, Not one person in the NFL can beat a team...

That is why its a team.

Seriously people?

Three7s
11-03-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm gonna go with the Bengals. They have a really good defense with some play-makers on offense. What makes them really scary is that they're an unknown.

Sofa King
11-03-2011, 01:49 PM
I don't want to play the Ravens.

Fuck those guys.

whoman69
11-03-2011, 03:17 PM
If its at Arrowhead we can probably beat the Texans and the Bengals. Since the 2nd game would be on the road...Maybe we get our first playoff win in 18 years.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-03-2011, 03:21 PM
End thread. Seriously, who didn't enter this thread with this response in mind? I know I did.

I didn't. They are all flawed. Soooo much competitve balance.

BossChief
11-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Story time:

When I was a Master's student, the university had a lot of PhD students they needed to take care of in terms of handing out teaching assistantships. I was at the bottom of the totem pole, and had to wait my turn. But I kind of needed the money that year. I got to talking to several of my professors in the department and they said there was the possibility that I could grab a position because of the small amount of students they were accepting for next year. If the one student didn't sign on, they would be able to give me a spot up front. I thought, "Sweet!"

So I kept asking for updates. The deadline passed. This other student supposedly didn't confirm. Awesome, right? So I told my folks, my friends, everybody that I got the job.

Two weeks later I got an e-mail that said there aren't enough positions available to me, and that I would not receive a teaching assistantship that year.

I think somebody send a copy of our tape with the deans daughter to him.

Fucking jealous snitches.

DaFace
11-03-2011, 03:27 PM
A little early for discussions like this, I'd think.

Predarat
11-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Ravens maybe?

Hammock Parties
11-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Anyone but the Bengals.

My poor heart couldn't take losing to another sad-sack franchise.

Give me the Ravens. I want to slay the beast that beat us last year.

TheSourceX1
11-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Ravens D seems the be the best in this lot ... and Torey Smith has looked good.

|Zach|
11-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Nobody.

There isn't one god damned single team I want to play because we have not won one of these mother fucking games since we beat the Oilers in 1993.

Hoping for the best.

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2011, 05:15 PM

Pretty much. I'd prefer to wait at least another 6 weeks before talking playoffs.

-King-
11-03-2011, 05:17 PM
The Mavericks. I would hate to have to play the champs.

kysirsoze
11-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Pats, just because I don't want the Chiefs traveling to Foxboro. Seems like that would end badly. Steelers are a very close second.

I would most want the Ravens, because I don't think they're as stout as they were last year, and you know a lot of our guys would play out of their minds to get some revenge.

RealSNR
11-03-2011, 06:02 PM
The Ravens look like shit now, but that team is a bunch of motherfuckers who suddenly turn it on come playoff time. Our defense doesn't hit them in the mouth hard enough, and that's why they're tough to play, at least for us. We don't have a Roethlisberger who can take punishment and still deliver a good throw

BossChief
11-03-2011, 06:07 PM
It would be interesting if we played NE or the Jets in the playoffs after already having faced them on the road during the year.

stevieray
11-03-2011, 06:08 PM
It would be interesting if we played Pittsburgh, NE or the Jets in the playoffs after already having faced them all on the road during the year.

I thought we played the Steelers at Arrowhead.

Three7s
11-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Well, if we make the playoffs, it'll be through the division, which means we'd be facing a wildcard team. I think the Bills are gonna beat out the Jets but not take the division from the Pats. The Ravens would be the other wildcard team, but just for the sake of it, I'll say the Bills come to Arrowhead for a rematch.

Chiefs get revenge and beat the shit out of Stevie Johnson for screwing Berry over for the season. 38-10 Chiefs.

Iconic
11-03-2011, 06:30 PM
How awesome would it be to play the Ravens in the playoffs and there's 1 minute left on the clock, no timeouts left, we let Leron McClain run the ball, he runs for a 99 yard TD, and then walks over to the entire Ravens sideline and moons those purple wearing faggots... Fuck YEAH!

BossChief
11-03-2011, 06:33 PM
I thought we played the Steelers at Arrowhead.

damn, I thought I fixed that before anyone saw it.

You have fast fingers.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-03-2011, 07:03 PM

I thought I could get a good feel for how it would shake out with a quick look at the standings. AFC looks like it will go down to the wire all the way around (or at least it's way too early to tell at this point). 10 wins should win our division outright though.

Bills 5-2
Pats 5-2
Jets 4-3

Steelers 6-2
Bengals 5-2
Ravens 5-2

Texans 5-3
Titans 4-3

Chiefs 4-3
Chargers 4-3
Raiders 4-3

I don't want to play the Steelers, but I do think we can hang with anyone at home.

Last year's playoff game with BAL was 10-7 at halftime, I know the final score looked bad, but if we do make the playoffs we will have to show a lot of character we didn't have last year, so it's obvious we're a different team this year.

Sorter
11-03-2011, 07:05 PM
I think that we can match up with the Ravens, Jets, Bills, Texans, and wildly enough the Pats better than the Steelers at full health. If only Muir would turn over playcalling duties to Haley in the post season.

crispystl
11-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Pats. I can only imagine what Brady will do to us.

whoman69
11-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Ravens, Steelers and Bengals are all in the same division. If we get to the playoffs its only as AFCW champ. If we have to play either the Patriots, Ravens or Steelers because they finish in the wild card...I don't think we have much luck even in Arrowhead. If we play the Bills or Bengals, we have a chance. I don't really see any way for us to play Houston except in the AFC championship. Our goal should be to get the #3 seed so we can play the worst wild card.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Ravens, Steelers and Bengals are all in the same division. If we get to the playoffs its only as AFCW champ. If we have to play either the Patriots, Ravens or Steelers because they finish in the wild card...I don't think we have much luck even in Arrowhead. If we play the Bills or Bengals, we have a chance. I don't really see any way for us to play Houston except in the AFC championship. Our goal should be to get the #3 seed so we can play the worst wild card.

I don't see the Bills finishing 1st in the East, but I think they get a Wild Card along with the Ravens. It's a toss up at this point, the Bills already man handled us at home, and the Ravens beat us at home in the playoffs last year. Flacco seems to be struggling this year so I guess I would take my chances against the Ravens instead of the Bills.

FAX
11-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Of all the farts that a man can fart, the worst is probably the Moist Motorboater.

FAX

11-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Bring them all on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lcarus
11-03-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't see the Bills finishing 1st in the East, but I think they get a Wild Card along with the Ravens. It's a toss up at this point, the Bills already man handled us at home, and the Ravens beat us at home in the playoffs last year. Flacco seems to be struggling this year so I guess I would take my chances against the Ravens instead of the Bills.

I'd still rather face the Bills. When the Ravens are on, they're too tough to beat. Plus they have a lot of playoff experience. The Bills are plenty beatable, regardless of what happened in week 1.

ChiefFripp
11-05-2011, 01:01 PM
I'd still rather face the Bills. When the Ravens are on, they're too tough to beat. Plus they have a lot of playoff experience. The Bills are plenty beatable, regardless of what happened in week 1.

Yeah