PDA

View Full Version : Football Penn St ex-coach, others charged in child sex case

Pages : [1] 2

Stewie
11-05-2011, 12:43 PM
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — A former defensive coordinator who was integral for decades to Penn State's success in football was accused Saturday of sexually abusing eight boys, and the school's athletic director and an administrator were charged with perjury and failing to report what they knew about the allegations in a case that prosecutor said uncovered a years-long trail of a predator and those who protected him.

Former coach Jerry Sandusky, 67, of State College, was arrested Saturday and released on $100,000 bail after being arraigned on 40 criminal counts, the state attorney general's office said. Athletic director Tim Curley, 57, and Penn State vice president for finance and business Gary Schultz, 62, both of Boalsburg, were expected to turn themselves in Monday in Harrisburg. Schultz's position includes oversight of the university's police department.

Longtime head coach Joe Paterno, who has more victories than any coach in the history of Division I football, was not charged, authorities said, and the grand jury report did not appear to implicate him in wrongdoing.

When Paterno first learned of one report of abuse he immediately reported it to Curley, prosecutors said. Sandusky was no longer coaching at the time and it's not clear whether Paterno followed up with Curley.

Closely identified with the school's reputation as a defensive powerhouse and a program that produced top-quality linebackers, Sandusky retired in 1999 but continued to work with at-risk children through the nonprofit Second Mile organization he founded in 1977. He was charged with multiple counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of a child, indecent assault and unlawful contact with a minor, as well as single counts of aggravated indecent assault and attempted indecent assault. A preliminary hearing for Sandusky is scheduled for Wednesday, but his lawyer told reporters it would likely be delayed.

"He's shaky, as you can expect," defense attorney Joe Amendola told WJAC-TV outside the arraignment hearing. "Being 67 years old, never having faced criminal charges in his life, and having the distinguished career that he's had, these are very serious allegations."

Amendola said Sandusky has been aware of the allegations for about three years and has maintained his innocence.

The allegations range from sexual touching to oral and anal sex, and victims testified they were in their early teens when some of the abuse occurred.

Attorney General Linda Kelly called Sandusky "a sexual predator who used his position within the university and community to repeatedly prey on young boys."

The grand jury said eight boys who were targets of sexual advances or assaults by Sandusky from 1994 to 2009. None were named, and in at least one case, the jury said the child's identity remains unknown to authorities.

One accuser, now 27, testified that Sandusky initiated contact with a "soap battle" in the shower that led to multiple instances of involuntary sexual intercourse and indecent assault at Sandusky's hands, the grand jury report said.

Victim 4, as he was identified in the jury report, said he traveled to charity functions and Penn State games with Sandusky, even being listed as a member of Sandusky's family's party for the 1998 Outback Bowl and 1999 Alamo Bowl.

"Sandusky did threaten to send him home from the Alamo Bowl in Texas when Victim 4 resisted his advances," the report said, and Sandusky gave him clothes, shoes, a snowboard, golf clubs, hockey gear and football jerseys.

"Sandusky even guaranteed Victim 4 that he could be a walk-on player at Penn State," and the boy appeared with Sandusky in a photo in Sports Illustrated, the jury said. He testified that Sandusky once gave him $50 to buy marijuana, drove him to purchase it, and then drove him home as the boy smoked the drug, according to the report.

"This was when Victim 4 was trying to distance himself from Sandusky because he wanted no more sexual contact with him," the jurors said.
Another child, Victim 8, as jurors named him, is known only as a boy, about 11 to 13, who was seen pinned against a wall, by a janitor who observed Sandusky performing oral sex on him in fall 2000, the jury said.
No one answered a knock at the door Saturday at Sandusky's modest, two-story brick home at the end of a dead-end road in State College.

As stunning as the charges were the names implicated at a school where the football program is known for its consistency as much as its success — a big change this year was the removal of white trim from players' uniforms.

The report accuses Curley and Schultz of knowing some details of accusations of sex abuse against Sandusky but failing to tell authorities what they knew.

"It is also a case about high-ranking university officials who allegedly failed to report the sexual assault of a young boy after the information was brought to their attention, and later made false statements to a grand jury," Kelly said.

Lawyers for both men issued statements saying they were innocent of all charges.

Prosecutors said all of the young men first encountered Sandusky through Second Mile.

The first to come to light was a boy who met Sandusky when he was 11 or 12, the grand jury said. The boy received expensive gifts and trips to sports events from Sandusky, and physical contact began during his overnight stays at Sandusky's home, jurors said. Eventually, the boy's mother reported the allegations of sexual assault to his high school, and Sandusky was banned from the child's school district in Clinton County in 2009. That triggered the state investigation that culminated in charges Saturday.

The report alleges much earlier instances of abuse, and efforts by some who knew of it to stop it, to no avail.

Kelly said that in 2002, a graduate assistant saw Sandusky sexually assault a naked boy, estimated to be about 10 years old, in the locker room of the Lasch Football Building on campus. The grad student and his father reported what he saw to Paterno, who immediately told Curley, prosecutors said.

Curley and Schultz met with the graduate assistant about a week and a half later, Kelly said. Nothing happened.

"Despite a powerful eyewitness statement about the sexual assault of a child, this incident was not reported to any law enforcement or child protective agency, as required by Pennsylvania law," Kelly said.

There's no indication that anyone at school attempted to find the boy, or follow up with the witness, she said.

Curley denied that the assistant had reported anything of a sexual nature, calling it "merely 'horsing around,'" the 23-page grand jury report said.
But the jury said Curley was lying, Kelly said, adding that it also deemed portions of Schultz's testimony not to be credible.

Curley testified that he barred Sandusky from bringing children onto campus and that he advised Penn State president Graham Spanier of the matter.

Schultz told the jurors he also knew of a 1998 investigation involving sexually inappropriate behavior by Sandusky with a boy in the showers the football team used. But despite his job overseeing campus police, he never reported the 2002 allegations to any authorities, "never sought or received a police report on the 1998 incident and never attempted to learn the identity of the child in the show in 2002," the jurors wrote.

"No one from the university did so."

Spanier released a statement calling the allegations against Sandusky "troubling" and adding Curley and Schultz had his unconditional support.
He predicted they will be exonerated.

"I have known and worked daily with Tim and Gary for more than 16 years," he said. "I have complete confidence in how they handled the allegations about a former university employee."

Sandusky, once considered a potential successor to Paterno, drew up the defenses for the Nittany Lions' national-title teams in 1982 and 1986. The team is enjoying another successful run this season; at 8-1, Penn State is ranked No. 16 in the AP Top 25 and is the last undefeated squad in Big Ten play. The Nittany Lions were off Saturday.

kstater
11-05-2011, 12:45 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Jerry-Sandusky-Story/dp/1582612706

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41y2pGszPVL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

FAX
11-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Wow. this is huge.

But, can someone explain this to me ... ???

As stunning as the charges were the names implicated at a school where the football program is known for its consistency as much as its success — a big change this year was the removal of white trim from players' uniforms.

... I don't get it.

FAX

jspchief
11-05-2011, 12:51 PM
This is all a misunderstanding. It was just a post win celebration with LJ when he still had his diapers on.

Sent from my ADR6350

Fritz88
11-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Tamba is sad now.

SPATCH
11-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Sounds a lot like the Graham James story

Stewie
11-05-2011, 12:58 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Jerry-Sandusky-Story/dp/1582612706

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41y2pGszPVL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

That's irony to the nth degree.

Hootie
11-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Wow. this is huge.

But, can someone explain this to me ... ???

... I don't get it.

FAX

I re-read that too and was like...ok?

FAX
11-05-2011, 01:09 PM

It kind of came out of nowhere.

I guess he's trying to make the "consistency" point, but what does that have to do with the story in the first place?

I don't know ... that just seemed odd to me. Superfluous and unnecessary, too.

FAX

Consistent1
11-05-2011, 01:11 PM
That is some sad and crazy shit to apparently went on that much over time.

Consistent1
11-05-2011, 01:14 PM

It's just saying the program is crazy conservative in general. Making a point about how this is surprising

FringeNC
11-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Although not implicated in any way, can Joe Paterno survive this? Will be a major housecleaning at PSU, I'd imagine.

kstater
11-05-2011, 04:30 PM
If this guy is legit, JoPa's legacy might not be his coaching record.

http://twitter.com/#!/SPORTSbyBROOKS

Sure-Oz
11-05-2011, 04:38 PM

Been following this closely, there is a PDF somewhere on twitter that is showing i think Dan Wetzel may have posted it, detailed shit

crossbow
11-05-2011, 06:39 PM
He was charged with multiple counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of a child, indecent assault and unlawful contact with a minor, as well as single counts of aggravated indecent assault and attempted indecent assault.

I am sure it wasn't intentional.

FAX
11-05-2011, 09:34 PM

Oooooh. Not good for JoePa.

If he goes down for this, it will be a real shame. Imagine ... after his entire career, this is how he'll be remembered.

Ouch.

FAX

kysirsoze
11-05-2011, 09:49 PM
How does someone walk in on a sixty year old man sexually assaulting a ten year old and simply report it to the head coach?

I don't want to get all "internet tought guy" but I gotta think that's something you don't just let play out and handle it later.

FAX
11-05-2011, 09:57 PM
How does someone walk in on a sixty year old man sexually assaulting a ten year old and simply report it to the head coach?

I don't want to get all "internet tought guy" but I gotta think that's something you don't just let play out and handle it later.

They gave him a pass. That's the only plausible answer, Mr. kysirsoze.

It's sad, but it is what it is. I feel for JoePa, though. Damn, man. If it's true that he knew about this 4 years ago, he should have seen to it that the guy was drawn and quartered, but he didn't. And, if that proves true, he deserves to have his reputation flushed down the toilet of public opinion along with the other turd dude.

FAX

kysirsoze
11-05-2011, 09:59 PM

It's sad, but it is what it is. I feel for JoePa, though. Damn, man. If it's true that he knew about this 4 years ago, he should have seen to it that the guy was drawn and quartered, but he didn't. And, if that proves true, he deserves to have his reputation flushed down the toilet of public opinion along with the other turd dude.

FAX

A graduate assistant gave him a pass? Damn. Talk about towing the company line. That kid's going places.

VAChief
11-06-2011, 07:56 PM

FAX

If the reports are true that the assistant witnessed a 57 year old man having anal sex with a 10 year old boy, reported it to Paterno who just notified the administration he deserves no sympathy for whatever grief comes his way.

suzzer99
11-06-2011, 09:57 PM
This report is horrifying. It reads like some historical account of a twisted Roman emperor: (Warning, don't read if you're squeamish about child molestation, it really is horrible)http://i.usatoday.net/sports/college/football/2011-11-05-sandusky-grand-jury.pdf

BryanBusby
11-06-2011, 10:08 PM
I really would suggest not reading the detailed report. It was sick from the start, than it just got worse with the number of victims piling up.

This dude is a sick fuck

suzzer99
11-06-2011, 10:14 PM
The only reason I think it's worth reading is you know how pervasive this was, and therefore how obvious it is that JoePa and the whole athletic dept had to know it was going on for at least a decade.

But yeah, don't read if you're squeamish - I'll add a warning.

tecumseh
11-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Sick, disgusting . No one who knew of this in any way should get a pass. Burn in hot,hot hell ,you corruptors of innocence. You pathetic distructors of all things good and righteous.
Never die, but set in an unending burning for your heinous acts, you foul pervertor of our youth and trust. You should be impaled on the spike and allow gravity to remind you our ghastly deeds.

Setsuna
11-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Gross.

WV
11-07-2011, 12:26 AM
If Penn State doesn't use this as an excuse to get rid of JoePa they shouldn't be able to play football anymore.

They've clung to this old geezer that the game passed by years and years ago for whatever reason and if they don't remove his old ass for this the University has no integrity and JoePa has too much power.

suzzer99
11-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Imagine the recruiting damages from this.

BryanBusby
11-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Imagine the recruiting damages from this.

Going on probation due to impermissible is a situation where you start to worry about the recruiting.

When your institution of learning was used as a hideout for a dude to have sex with underage boys and top officials were covering it up, recruiting issues is pretty far low on the list of worries.

According to prosecutors, the first serious chance Penn State had to halt the abuse came in 1998, when Sandusky was still an assistant for Paterno. A mother of an 11-year-old boy Sandusky had befriended at his charity reported to the Penn State campus police that her son had been touched and held by Sandusky in a shower inside the campus’s football facility.

Prosecutors said a “lengthy” investigation — one that grew to include allegations about a second young child being similarly touched by Sandusky in a shower — was carried out by the campus police. But they offer few details about the nature of that investigation: who was interviewed, whether Paterno or other university officials were apprised of it.

They do, though, say that at least two campus detectives took the case seriously and heard Sandusky admit to the misconduct in a conversation with the mother of one of the boys. Additionally, prosecutors said Sandusky was interviewed by one of the detectives and an investigator with the state’s child welfare agency. In that interview, they said, Sandusky admitted to showering with the boys and conceded that it “was wrong.”

According to prosecutors, a decision not to prosecute Sandusky was made by the county district attorney, who has since died. The lead campus police detective was subsequently told to close the case by Thomas Harmon, then the director of the campus police force. It appears Sandusky was merely encouraged to never again shower with a child.

The prosecutors, though, do assert that at least one prominent Penn State official, a lawyer for the university, was told of the 1998 allegations and investigation. That official, Wendell Courtney, said in an interview Sunday that he had learned of allegations about Sandusky in 1998, but had left it to the police and prosecutors to investigate.

“Whatever they did, they did,” he said of the campus police and local district attorney.

Courtney said he never sought to find out why no action had been taken. He said he believed that Penn State’s athletic director, Curley, knew of the allegation and the investigation, but was unsure whether other people in senior positions at the university knew of the episode.

This makes an already disturbing situation even worse.

As for Joe Paterno, I think he did what he could and will be an asset to get this guy locked away from life. This is going to be another example of a successful figure in sports getting the benefit of doubt for way too long and a legend will probably fall on the sword because people clouded their reasoning because FOOBAWWW

E: The more I read about this, everybody should go immediately.

BigRock
11-07-2011, 01:26 AM
What Tressel did was worse.

/Penn State fan

LiveSteam
11-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Bet Sandusky kills himself before the weak is over

I expect that to be the next big headline out of Penn;ST
I will take Tuesday at 1100 hours

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
11-07-2011, 03:00 AM
This will all blow over. I remember when people cared about Auburn and
Miami, too.

BryanBusby
11-07-2011, 03:05 AM
Auburn and Miami weren't dealing with a coach having anal sex with minor boys issue.

11-07-2011, 04:09 AM
And this thread has less than 40 posts

mcaj22
11-07-2011, 05:17 AM
and you also live in bumfuck Texas.

trust me, this is a big deal in PA right now and today is going to start the whirlwind, some of these guys (the two that "stepped down") already have to show up in Harrisburg at the courtroom this morning. There is going to be tons of media all over this.

11-07-2011, 05:53 AM
The media isn't going to tear down a program like PSU and a coach like JoePa.

Spott
11-07-2011, 05:54 AM
He has no where to go but down from here.

kstater
11-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Penn St officials taking a hard line. They've allowed the two dirtbags that helped cover it up to resign.

BigRock
11-07-2011, 06:11 AM
JoePa's statement is so awful. Sandusky was investigated in the past. The grad assistant told JoePa he saw Sandusky in the shower with a boy. JoePa: "I'm shocked at this! SHOCKED!"

And he seems to be telling the same "Well, the GA didn't actually tell me he saw Sandusky having sex with the boy" story that the other two guys told. Which resulted in a perjury charge.

Time to start playing the senile card.

FringeNC
11-07-2011, 06:42 AM
JoePa's statement is so awful. Sandusky was investigated in the past. The grad assistant told JoePa he saw Sandusky in the shower with a boy. JoePa: "I'm shocked at this! SHOCKED!"

And he seems to be telling the same "Well, the GA didn't actually tell me he saw Sandusky having sex with the boy" story that the other two guys told. Which resulted in a perjury charge.

Time to start playing the senile card.

I don't see how JoePa even hangs on the rest of the season. I wouldn't be shocked if he never coaches a game for Penn St. again.

eazyb81
11-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Joe Pa's reputation is going to be tarnished by this, and rightfully so. He needs to step down now.

Absolutely grotesque what was covered up.

eazyb81
11-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Penn St officials taking a hard line. They've allowed the two dirtbags that helped cover it up to resign.

AD is on "administrative leave". How much you want to bet that he is still getting paid?

Pathetic.

jspchief
11-07-2011, 07:37 AM
The report I saw this am claimed that Paterno didn't know the details, just that the assistant was distraught over what he saw. It's hard for me to believe he didn't at least have an idea of what it was, even if he didn't get the precise details.

From there, the two school officials involved interviewed the assistant that witnessed it, and nothing further came of it.

I can't fathom what would motivate someone to cover this up. It would take all of my self control to not go down and take a baseball bat to the guy. How you could feel compelled to actually cover the guy's ass is beyond comprehension.

Dave Lane
11-07-2011, 07:42 AM
This is bad we will send him to another college and make sure there are never any charges against him or anyone like him EVER.

/catholic church

Otter
11-07-2011, 08:00 AM
This is bad we will send him to another college and make sure there are never any charges against him or anyone like him EVER.

/catholic church

Dave,

You need to confront the priest the ass banged you in the shower. Take a lead pipe to his head, write him a nasty letter or take him out to dinner and share a bottle of wine and see where the evening leads. Just please shut the **** up already about your religious hangups on every post you can somehow manage to squeeze one in. We get the picture.

Maybe you and GoChiefs could double date with the religious figurehead that rocked his world so it's not so awkward until the alcohol kicks in.
----

Ol' JoePa better break out the Alzheimer card quick.

BigRock
11-07-2011, 08:06 AM
WORK THAT SHIT, JOE

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/6591/uncleleoy.jpg

Al Bundy
11-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Not that it means anything but I have seen over 100 retweets from people stating they are dropping their season tickets in football next year. I don't know if they meant if JoePa was or wasn't fired though.

Al Bundy
11-07-2011, 08:17 AM
IMO, if JoePa was told by a GA that the GA saw Sandusky in the shower with that boy then JoePa should have gone to the police, not the campus pigs, but the actual police himself.

LiveSteam
11-07-2011, 08:31 AM
After I read this last night I didnt think Joe could be involved. But the more I read,& the more post you guys put up . The more I realize that having the most wins ever by 1 coach Was & is more important to Joe Pa than the well being of children. No way will I ever believe Joe didnt know about this fag baby raper.

COchief
11-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Maybe the sickest thing about this is after Joe and the rest of the higher ups were told about this is they continued to see this sick phugg with other young boys for a decade knowing full well what was going down and not doing anything about it. All should be fired immediately regardless of any legacy BS.

LiveSteam
11-07-2011, 09:09 AM
I feel for Penn-ST fan. They didnt deserve this. This is a black eye on collage football & those that hate football & sports, will chalk this one up as more prof that winning at all cost is the norm in today's athletics.

eazyb81
11-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Maybe the sickest thing about this is after Joe and the rest of the higher ups were told about this is they continued to see this sick phugg with other young boys for a decade knowing full well what was going down and not doing anything about it. All should be fired immediately regardless of any legacy BS.

Yep. This is why JoePa's attempt at plausible deniability doesn't pass the smell test.

If the GA came to him with this part of the info, a normal person would obviously ask for more details. Even if we suspend reality and assume the GA only told Paterno that he saw some weird stuff involving Sandusky, JoePa still saw him around the program for years and did not do anything or ask any questions.

lcarus
11-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Penn State's new fight song.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bc5BzRSkc8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FloridaMan88
11-07-2011, 09:16 AM
It would probably be best for everyone if Joe Pa dropped dead right about now.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 09:16 AM
It kind of came out of nowhere.

Superfluous and unnecessary, too.

FAX

Your use of the word unnecessary was unnecessary. :p

Otter
11-07-2011, 09:18 AM

I'd like to learn more on this guys background as in how well he was connected. Was Daddy on the board? Uncle Jack contribute $500k to the new library and what not.

It's pretty hard to believe an organization like Penn State would try to cover this up. If you were to pick a crime to sweep under the rug it's pretty tough to come up with something much more disgraceful and heinous than what this man is being accused.

If even half of how deep the cover up is being said to go at his point is true there's gonna be a big shake up from top down Penn State.

mcaj22
11-07-2011, 09:28 AM
you should see campus today what a mess

everyone is so depressed it's like a black cloud just came over happy valley, people are legitimately bummed

my facebook feed a lot of penn state alumni are extremely disappointed in this. this is going go a long way than just the football program

jspchief
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Nice that Sandusky had a youth at risk program that he used as a supply line. This sick fuck should save taxpayer money and off himself.

LiveSteam
11-07-2011, 09:35 AM
you should see campus today what a mess

everyone is so depressed it's like a black cloud just came over happy valley, people are legitimately bummed

my facebook feed a lot of penn state alumni are extremely disappointed in this. this is going go a long way than just the football program

Like I said I feel for Penn-ST fan. I just cant think of anything more grotesque that could be leveled at a University. Genocide

lcarus
11-07-2011, 09:38 AM
So Paterno knew about this in some way? I was reading that he didn't know..but I don't really don't know what to believe at this point.

jspchief
11-07-2011, 09:40 AM
So Paterno knew about this in some way? I was reading that he didn't know..but I don't really don't know what to believe at this point.The graduate assistant that saw Sandusky in the act with a child went straight to Paterno. Paterno took it straight to the university officials.

The only thing in dispute is the degree of detail that Paterno knew.

LiveSteam
11-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Joe may try to play the roll of Ronald Reagan in Iran contra hearings. HE KNEW. No way I ever believe he didnt

Frazod
11-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Nothing worse than a child molester who abuses a position of trust to lure/control victims.

This fucker should be publicly burned at the stake. To those who helped cover it up, a bullet to the head will suffice.

Dave Lane
11-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Dave,

You need to confront the priest the ass banged you in the shower. Take a lead pipe to his head, write him a nasty letter or take him out to dinner and share a bottle of wine and see where the evening leads. Just please shut the **** up already about your religious hangups on every post you can somehow manage to squeeze one in. We get the picture.

Maybe you and GoChiefs could double date with the religious figurehead that rocked his world so it's not so awkward until the alcohol kicks in.
----

Ol' JoePa better break out the Alzheimer card quick.

Are you disputing the facts or are you just extra cranky today? This is SOP for the catholic church. NONE of the priest EVER get charged with a crime. Yet other people do. If there is no hypocrisy or outrage on your part I guess its understandable.

Otter
11-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Are you disputing the facts or are you just extra cranky today? This is SOP for the catholic church. NONE of the priest EVER get charged with a crime. Yet other people do. If there is no hypocrisy or outrage on your part I guess its understandable.

And this has what to do with Penn State? I'll answer for you butt hurt: NOTHING!!!

PS - wrong forum

lcarus
11-07-2011, 09:57 AM

This has nothing to do with Penn State but I agree with you. The amount of priests that have molested young boys is staggering and hard to wrap your brain around. Still...it's the few making the majority look bad.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Paterno needs to be fired and about 50 wins taken off his resume, because he doesn't coach anymore and is completely ****ing stupid for not going to the police along with this graduate assistent.

LiveSteam
11-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Im not Catholic. But just the same
SHUT THE FUCK UP DAVE WITH YOUR ATHEIST BULL SHIT. IT GETS OLD.
Your gonna shoot your mouth off to the wrong peep someday & your gonna find out if god is real or not
& further more DAVE, how do you know that Sandusky isnt an Atheist like you?
I cant see Sandusky believing in the teachings of the Bible after this

blaise
11-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Joe Pa will be gone. I don't even think it's a question.

And the guy who initially looked into this in 2005, Ray Gricar, mysteriously disappeared in 2005 and was only declared legally dead this past summer.

LiveSteam
11-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Joe Pa will be gone. I don't even think it's a question.

And the guy who initially looked into this in 2005, Ray Gricar, mysteriously disappeared in 2005 and was only declared legally dead this past summer.

Where did you read this? Ray Gricar thing. Can you post a link.

blaise
11-07-2011, 10:27 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Gricar

There's not much about it on there. I'm sure there's more out there though. It's no smoking gun, just interesting considering the news today.

Edit: And just in that time, someone removed the line about him being tied to Penn State investigation.
It was on there and now gone.

LiveSteam
11-07-2011, 10:33 AM

There's not much about it on there. I'm sure there's more out there though. It's no smoking gun, just interesting considering the news today.

Edit: And just in that time, someone removed the line about him being tied to Penn State investigation.

I agree. very strange. the plot maybe thickens

COchief
11-07-2011, 10:35 AM

The details of his disappearance are interesting and creepy enough, but tied into this crazy story it becomes enthralling, I wonder what the hell was on that hard drive? The small blurb about his brother dying right in the area too is strange.

BigRock
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
So Paterno knew about this in some way? I was reading that he didn't know..but I don't really don't know what to believe at this point.

The official JoePa version is that the only thing he ever knew about any of this was when a graduate assistant (Mike McQueary, former Penn State QB, current WR coach) came to him in 2002 and told him he saw "something inappropriate" between Sandusky and a young boy in the showers.

The "something inappropriate", according to McQueary, was Sandusky having sex with the boy. But JoePa denies that McQueary told him he saw Sandusky having sex with a child.

Sandusky had been investigated by PSU campus police in 1998 for similar actions, but JoePa claims to have no knowledge of that investigation. A backup safety can't get a handjob in Happy Valley without JoePa hearing about it, but his defensive coordinator and 30-year assistant gets investigated for kiddy fiddling by the university's own police and nobody mentions it to the head coach. And in a total coincidence, Sandusky happened to step down the season after the investigation. That all sounds plausible.

But JoePa has to deny knowing about the prior investigation, because if he had some inkling of what Sandusky was up to, then the handling of the 2002 allegation looks practically criminal. And he has to deny that McQueary said he saw Sandusky having sex with a child, because if JoePa heard that, then the handling of the allegation again looks awful. To say nothing of the fact that Sandusky continued bringing kids around the program for years afterwards.

So basically, JoePa says he only knew of one claim, which he wasn't told the full, horrible extent of. And he told his higher-ups at the university and washed his hands of it.

But even that version, which spins him in the best possible light, still makes him look bad. The person who made the claim wasn't some guy, it was one of his former players and an assistant coach. And even a vague claim of inappropriateness between a grown man and a young boy on your campus, in your locker room, in your shower, should be enough to make someone's blood go cold.

But apparently it wasn't important enough to follow-up on.

L.A. Chieffan
11-07-2011, 10:56 AM
well we already knew that the girls at penn st. are whores

vailpass
11-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Joe may try to play the roll of Ronald Reagan in Iran contra hearings. HE KNEW. No way I ever believe he didnt

I hope not.

vailpass
11-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Im not Catholic. But just the same
SHUT THE **** UP DAVE WITH YOUR ATHEIST BULL SHIT. IT GETS OLD.
Your gonna shoot your mouth off to the wrong peep someday & your gonna find out if god is real or not
& further more DAVE, how do you know that Sandusky isnt an Atheist like you?
I cant see Sandusky believing in the teachings of the Bible after this

X10.
Loon that dent in your head makes you act like one weird son of a bitch. Like Otter said, confront the buggery you suffered in your past and deal with it.
Are you mad that you were man-fucked, or just mad that he never called back?

FAX
11-07-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm confused. What does this have to do with religious beliefs? I must have missed something.

It's far more likely that the Illuminati hired the Freemasons to recruit this guy.

FAX

Pants
11-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Remove penis and testicles and throw in prison for the rest of his life.

Swanman
11-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Joe Pa has been a joke for the last several years, but this year is especially bad, with him sitting up in the booth just looking grumpy and not even wearing a headset. Hopefully this scandal puts that whole charade to rest for good.

Lzen
11-07-2011, 11:56 AM
The official JoePa version is that the only thing he ever knew about any of this was when a graduate assistant (Mike McQueary, former Penn State QB, current WR coach) came to him in 2002 and told him he saw "something inappropriate" between Sandusky and a young boy in the showers.

The "something inappropriate", according to McQueary, was Sandusky having sex with the boy. But JoePa denies that McQueary told him he saw Sandusky having sex with a child.

Sandusky had been investigated by PSU campus police in 1998 for similar actions, but JoePa claims to have no knowledge of that investigation. A backup safety can't get a handjob in Happy Valley without JoePa hearing about it, but his defensive coordinator and 30-year assistant gets investigated for kiddy fiddling by the university's own police and nobody mentions it to the head coach. And in a total coincidence, Sandusky happened to step down the season after the investigation. That all sounds plausible.

But JoePa has to deny knowing about the prior investigation, because if he had some inkling of what Sandusky was up to, then the handling of the 2002 allegation looks practically criminal. And he has to deny that McQueary said he saw Sandusky having sex with a child, because if JoePa heard that, then the handling of the allegation again looks awful. To say nothing of the fact that Sandusky continued bringing kids around the program for years afterwards.

So basically, JoePa says he only knew of one claim, which he wasn't told the full, horrible extent of. And he told his higher-ups at the university and washed his hands of it.

But even that version, which spins him in the best possible light, still makes him look bad. The person who made the claim wasn't some guy, it was one of his former players and an assistant coach. And even a vague claim of inappropriateness between a grown man and a young boy on your campus, in your locker room, in your shower, should be enough to make someone's blood go cold.

This. I am having a hard time believing JoPa didn't know about this. And if he did and didn't say anything, then he's just as guilty, IMO.

FringeNC
11-07-2011, 11:58 AM

Nice summary. Seems consistent with my readings of events.

lcarus
11-07-2011, 12:19 PM
So this Sandusky guy used a "bubble fight" to further his sexual advancement in the shower? Michael Jackson could learn a thing or two from this guy...

eazyb81
11-07-2011, 12:23 PM
No one has brought up the elephant in the room yet:

Sandusky and his wife have 6 adopted children and served as foster parents to countless others.

I bet we haven't even hit the tip of the iceberg on allegations yet.

the Talking Can
11-07-2011, 12:30 PM
so posnanski has been working on a bio of Paterno...his take:

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/11/06/darkness/#more-8508

"A few months ago, I began working on a book about Penn State coach Joe Paterno. I have spent the last few months living in State College, Pa. Paterno gave me permission to write the book, but plays no editorial role in it....

...On Saturday, I read what might be the most haunting and sickening 23 pages of my life — the grand jury findings in the case of Jerry Sandusky, the once legendary defensive coordinator of Penn State University. "

FringeNC
11-07-2011, 12:33 PM

Sandusky and his wife have 6 adopted children and served as foster parents to countless others.

This story doesn't seem so feel-good anymore:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1017979/index.htm

vailpass
11-07-2011, 12:35 PM
so posnanski has been working on a bio of Paterno...his take:

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/11/06/darkness/#more-8508

"A few months ago, I began working on a book about Penn State coach Joe Paterno. I have spent the last few months living in State College, Pa. Paterno gave me permission to write the book, but plays no editorial role in it....

...On Saturday, I read what might be the most haunting and sickening 23 pages of my life — the grand jury findings in the case of Jerry Sandusky, the once legendary defensive coordinator of Penn State University. "

Good read, thanks for the link. I can't decide whether Pos is extremely fortunate or unfortunate to be in State College immersed in a Paterno study when all this broke.

Pants
11-07-2011, 12:35 PM

Ugh.

jspchief
11-07-2011, 12:36 PM

I already mentioned him using his youth at risk program as a supply line. It's been on TV too.

lcarus
11-07-2011, 12:45 PM
This is absolutely unbelievable. Is there any way Paterno is totally innocent in all this? I've always been fond of him sort of. Not anymore...not if he turned his back on this...

Hootie
11-07-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm willing to bet Paterno didn't know Sandusky was diddling dozens of children...I have a feeling Paterno should have done more, but I think it's a lot tougher to sell out a "friend" or at least a "coworker" than people think.

Of course, if Paterno knew that he was having sex with dozens of children it is inexcusable. But how do we know if he knew? He reported what was told to him to his AD...was that enough? Probably not. But he did do something and as of now he's not facing any charges. So I don't think the focus of this story should be on him, yet (at least). But I know that's where the big news would be so that's all anyone is going to talk about.

It's hard to find a good comparison in my mind...if I saw my close friend punch his girlfriend in the face...I don't think I'd call the police and report an assault. I'd be disturbed, I'd probably say something to him like "come on man, you can never do that!" but it would put me in a very tough situation.

Does he hit all of his girlfriends? What else has he done? Perhaps it would make me rethink my decision to have him as a close friend...but I wouldn't immediately pick up the phone and dial 911 etc...

now I know child molestation is about the most grotesque thing in this world...so there's that...and if the G.A. flat out told JoePa that he witnessed Sandusky having anal sex with a 10 year old boy and JoePa turned a blind eye for years after...then there's that...

but from what I've heard now this same G.A. is now a WR coach who would still be right there on that same campus Sandusky still roams around...

so???

I don't know.

I don't think Joe Paterno is the guy everyone should be worried about...perhaps, indirectly, he was an enabler but I highly doubt he was telling Sandusky to "make sure and lock up and clean up after himself" or anything like that...

Either way...I realize the big story is with JoePa and everyone likes big stories...but I think it's really unfair to pin another man's sick crimes on Joe Paterno.

LiveSteam
11-07-2011, 01:04 PM
This is absolutely unbelievable. Is there any way Paterno is totally innocent in all this? I've always been fond of him sort of. Not anymore...not if he turned his back on this...

No I can see no way Joe Pa can say he had no idea. I to was a fan of Joe-Pa
Went at it with someone on Bugs face book account 2 weeks ago that was saying Joe had to step down. I disagreed,I felt the man had more than earned the right to stay as long as he wanted. Not anymore. Joe has to go now & his legacy will be marred for ever.
I actually remember Joe at the bottom of the street back in 1977 when 2 houses up from me lived the #1 Linebacker recruit in America. Randy Jostes. Warren Powers was at they;re house recruiting Randy & Joe was at the bottom of the hill waiting for Warren Powers to leave.

For all you Tiger fans Randy was # 99 & started all 3 years as a linebacker for the Tigers. If fresh could have played back then he would have started all 4 years, Im sure. Randy was that good & went on to play in the USFL

FAX
11-07-2011, 01:08 PM
This is one of those weird deals, for sure.

There are times in your life when you learn something about someone you know that is completely unimaginable or unthinkable and you try not to believe it. Like that time when I learned that Aunt Wilma was really from another planet and came to Earth to try and kill me.

JoePa might have suspected stuff, or been told stuff and simply found it impossible to believe. Regardless, he knew enough to get to the bottom of it and he didn't. He washed his hands and turned his back. It's unfortunate, but it sure looks like that's what he did.

FAX

Hootie
11-07-2011, 01:10 PM
He washed his hands and turned his back. It's unfortunate, but it sure looks like that's what he did.

FAX

I agree, and that is unforgivable...but to burn him at the stake as well? I think that's unreasonable.

FAX
11-07-2011, 01:18 PM
I agree, and that is unforgivable...but to burn him at the stake as well? I think that's unreasonable.

It's a lesson for all of us, Mr. The Meat Lover's Pizza Face.

It's like when you have a long and illustrious career as a waiter serving spaghetti and pesto and iced tea and then, one day, you accidentally dump an entire plate of chicken marinara down a woman's cleavage. That's how you'll be forever remembered ... as a cleavage chicken marinara dumper dude ... and there's nothing you can do to change it.

FAX

Brock
11-07-2011, 01:21 PM

The entire football program needs to be scrubbed clean. You can't send anyone from that program in to sell their university to moms and dads at this point.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 01:40 PM

To me...his whole legacy is a joke. He's admitted it was reported to him and he forwarded it on the the AD. He should have called the police, but he didn't. So when I hear him talk about the kids he's trying to help become better men...I can only laugh as if it's big joke.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 01:40 PM
The entire football program needs to be scrubbed clean. You can't send anyone from that program in to sell their university to moms and dads at this point.

Precisely. It's over.

VAChief
11-07-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm willing to bet Paterno didn't know Sandusky was diddling dozens of children...I have a feeling Paterno should have done more, but I think it's a lot tougher to sell out a "friend" or at least a "coworker" than people think.

Of course, if Paterno knew that he was having sex with dozens of children it is inexcusable. But how do we know if he knew? He reported what was told to him to his AD...was that enough? Probably not. But he did do something and as of now he's not facing any charges. So I don't think the focus of this story should be on him, yet (at least). But I know that's where the big news would be so that's all anyone is going to talk about.

It's hard to find a good comparison in my mind...if I saw my close friend punch his girlfriend in the face...I don't think I'd call the police and report an assault. I'd be disturbed, I'd probably say something to him like "come on man, you can never do that!" but it would put me in a very tough situation.

Does he hit all of his girlfriends? What else has he done? Perhaps it would make me rethink my decision to have him as a close friend...but I wouldn't immediately pick up the phone and dial 911 etc...

now I know child molestation is about the most grotesque thing in this world...so there's that...and if the G.A. flat out told JoePa that he witnessed Sandusky having anal sex with a 10 year old boy and JoePa turned a blind eye for years after...then there's that...

but from what I've heard now this same G.A. is now a WR coach who would still be right there on that same campus Sandusky still roams around...

so???

I don't know.

I don't think Joe Paterno is the guy everyone should be worried about...perhaps, indirectly, he was an enabler but I highly doubt he was telling Sandusky to "make sure and lock up and clean up after himself" or anything like that...

Either way...I realize the big story is with JoePa and everyone likes big stories...but I think it's really unfair to pin another man's sick crimes on Joe Paterno.

I don't think anyone is going to argue his guilt compares to the actual molester, however his scrutiny should be at least as much as the other administrators under the gun right now.

This guy basically came into his "house" and molested a child, no ambiguity can be argued if someone tells you a grown man is humping a 10 year old boy, friend or not you call the police. Passing the buck may "legally" get him a pass on charges, but Good Lord, how sick do you have to be to turn your head on something like this and not see it through.

FringeNC
11-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Timeline of events in Sandusky case
Monday, November 07, 2011
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Jerry Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant football coach, started The Second Mile organization for at-risk children in State College in 1977, when he was defensive coordinator on Joe Paterno's staff. He was charged Friday with 40 counts related to the sexual abuse of eight boys in the program between 1994 and 2005. Here is a timeline of events outlined in a 23-page grand jury report.

1994 or 1995: A boy identified only as Victim 6 meets Mr. Sandusky at a picnic sponsored by The Second Mile when he was 7 or 8.

1994: Meets Victim 7, who is 10. Over the next couple of years, there is shared showering and cuddling when the boy stayed at Mr. Sandusky's home.

1995 or 1996: Victim 5, age 7 or 8, meets Mr. Sandusky through The Second Mile. He says that later, sometime between 1996 and 1998, Mr. Sandusky pins him against a shower wall and places the boy's hand on his penis.

1996 or 1997: Victim 4, age 12 or 13, has indecent contacts with Mr. Sandusky. This victim became a fixture in the Sandusky household and attended many football events over the years. Either before or after alleged sexual assaults, the victim receives expensive gifts from Mr. Sandusky.

1998: Victim 6, age 11, is taken to a locker room in the Penn State football facility, and Mr. Sandusky showers with him, giving him a bear hug. When he was dropped off at home, the boy's mother learns about the shower and contacts university police. A detective listens in on two phone conversations with the mother and Mr. Sandusky on May 13, 1998, and May 19, 1998. Mr. Sandusky admits to the joint showering.

June 1, 1998: State Department of Public Welfare investigator and the university police detective interview Mr. Sandusky. He said he would not shower with children again.

May 1999: PSU football coach Joe Paterno tells Mr. Sandusky he will not be the next head coach at PSU. This precedes Mr. Sandusky's retirement.

Summer 2000: Victim 3, between 7th and 8th grade at the time, meets Mr. Sandusky. He claims his genitals are touched and there are bear hugs in the shower.

Fall 2000: A janitor sees Mr. Sandusky in the shower at the PSU football complex with Victim 8. The boy was pinned against the wall while Mr. Sandusky performed a sex act on him. The janitor tells other janitorial staff and his boss. His supervisor tells him how to make an official report. Such a report is never made; there is discussion among janitorial staff of concern about their jobs if they report the incident.

March 1, 2002: A Penn State football graduate assistant, whose name is not in the presentment but who since has been identified as Mike McQueary, now the team's wide receiver coach and recruiting coordinator, witnesses Mr. Sandusky having sex with Victim 2 in the shower at the Lasch Football Building.

March 2, 2002: Mr. McQueary reports what he saw to Mr. Paterno.

March 3, 2002: Mr. Paterno contacts the PSU athletic director, Tim Curley, his immediate supervisor.

Mid-March 2002: Mr. McQueary meets with Mr. Curley and Gary Schultz, senior vice president for finance and business.

Late March or early April 2002: Mr. McQueary hears back from Mr. Curley that Mr. Sandusky's keys to the locker room were taken away and the incident had been reported to The Second Mile. Mr. Curley and Mr. Schultz said PSU president Graham Spanier was told that an incident had occurred in the shower but was not given the full details initially reported by Mr. McQueary.

2005 or 2006: Victim 1 meets Mr. Sandusky. In 2007, they start spending time together during the track season at the boy's high school, with the boy staying overnight at Mr. Sandusky's residence in State College, during which sexual activity occurred. Mr. Sandusky gave the boy expensive gifts.

2006 or 2007: A wrestling coach at a Clinton County elementary school enters a weight room at school and finds Victim 1 and Mr. Sandusky lying on their sides in physical contact.

Throughout 2007 and 2008: Mr. Sandusky performed a sex act more than 20 times on Victim 1.

Spring 2008: Victim 1 terminates contact with Mr. Sandusky while a freshman at Central Mountain High School in Clinton County.

Later in 2008: Victim 1's mother contacted the school, which barred Mr. Sandusky from the school and reported the incident to police.

Between January 2008 and July 2009: There were 57 calls from Mr. Sandusky's cell phone to Victim 1's home phone.

September 2010: Mr. Sandusky retires from The Second Mile.

December 2010: Mr. McQueary testifies before grand jury.

Jan. 12, 2011: Mr. Curley and Mr. Schultz testify before grand jury.

Nov. 4, 2011: Charges filed against Mr. Sandusky related to sexual abuse of eight boys, and against Mr. Curley and Mr. Shultz for lying to the grand jury and failing to report the incidents to the proper authorities.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11311/1188149-143.stm?cmpid=relatedarticle#ixzz1d3BGJBUB

RedNFeisty
11-07-2011, 01:43 PM

Wow! I am having a hard time believing this is just coming to light. What a twisted, sick, son of a bitch.

I also do not believe for a second the head coach had no idea.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.687494,-97.401266

sedated
11-07-2011, 01:46 PM
I’m not sure anyone here could call the cops on their best friend of 30+ years. The sickening nature of what was going on probably made it LESS likely, as a call to the cops would have destroyed the guy’s life and it would all be based on a he-said-she-said witness account. JoePa probably thought he was doing the right thing by taking it up a level, perhaps they would do an investigation before making things public – you can’t go throwing around “child molester” accusations without doing a bit of digging first. I'm not saying what he did was right, just that it would be a tough spot to be in.

Regardless if any of what I just said is true, JoePa and everyone else will likely be out soon – public outcry for this sort of thing will bring down anyone even perceived to be involved in the mess.

Dave Lane
11-07-2011, 01:49 PM
This has nothing to do with Penn State but I agree with you. The amount of priests that have molested young boys is staggering and hard to wrap your brain around. Still...it's the few making the majority look bad.

I don't disagree. Its the fact that here a guy is vilified and probably going to do years and years in prison if not life and priests walk totally free. Its a bad double standard. I'd like all of them to get time in the big house religious or not. Not an anti religion rant as much as it is all these guys are frikken scumbags and deserve prison. Disagree?

eazyb81
11-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Wow I had no idea the GA, Mike McQueary, was the red head assistant that has been on Penn State's coaching staff for years. Absolutely sickening that he saw Sandusky assault a little boy and 1) continued to allow the guy around the program, and 2) continued to work at PSU despite the fact they turned a blind eye to a molester.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/Mike_McQueary.jpg/220px-Mike_McQueary.jpg

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't disagree. Its the fact that here a guy is vilified and probably going to do years and years in prison if not life and priests walk totally free. Its a bad double standard. I'd like all of them to get time in the big house religious or not. Not an anti religion rant as much as it is all these guys are frikken scumbags and deserve prison. Disagree?

The problem is that people don't properly take care of the issue themselves in their own community. Start putting a bullet in the head of these child molestors and the problem will go away.

vailpass
11-07-2011, 02:00 PM

Shut the hell up and crawl into DC Loon. Your constant attempts at hijacking in order to vent your obsession is old and tired.

Brock
11-07-2011, 02:01 PM

Go away, Dave.

BoneKrusher
11-07-2011, 02:05 PM
does this story gives a whole new meaning to the term Happy Valley?

Otter
11-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Go away, Dave.

Thank you

Otter
11-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Shut the hell up and crawl into DC Loon. Your constant attempts at hijacking in order to vent your obsession is old and tired.

Another 'thank you' in order.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I’m not sure anyone here could call the cops on their best friend of 30+ years. The sickening nature of what was going on probably made it LESS likely, as a call to the cops would have destroyed the guy’s life and it would all be based on a he-said-she-said witness account. JoePa probably thought he was doing the right thing by taking it up a level, perhaps they would do an investigation before making things public – you can’t go throwing around “child molester” accusations without doing a bit of digging first. I'm not saying what he did was right, just that it would be a tough spot to be in.

Regardless if any of what I just said is true, JoePa and everyone else will likely be out soon – public outcry for this sort of thing will bring down anyone even perceived to be involved in the mess.

I was making this argument this morning until I thought about what I would do. I would go to the police and that's precisely what should have happened.

loochy
11-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I didn't know that Penn State was a catholic school. I thought it was a state school :shrug:

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I’m not sure anyone here could call the cops on their best friend of 30+ years.

There's not a person on the planet I wouldn't call the cops on if I found they were molesting little kids.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 02:56 PM
There's not a person on the planet I wouldn't call the cops on if I found they were molesting little kids.

Agreed...unless it was my kids.

Chiefnj2
11-07-2011, 03:17 PM
"Fall 2000: A janitor sees Mr. Sandusky in the shower at the PSU football complex with Victim 8. The boy was pinned against the wall while Mr. Sandusky performed a sex act on him. The janitor tells other janitorial staff and his boss. His supervisor tells him how to make an official report. Such a report is never made; there is discussion among janitorial staff of concern about their jobs if they report the incident.

March 1, 2002: A Penn State football graduate assistant, whose name is not in the presentment but who since has been identified as Mike McQueary, now the team's wide receiver coach and recruiting coordinator, witnesses Mr. Sandusky having sex with Victim 2 in the shower at the Lasch Football Building."

How does someone witness a child being molested and not immediately stop it, call the police, yell out "WTF" or something? It's like "Oh, Sandusky is in the shower again. Put out the Out of Order/Slippery Floor Sign".

Everyone of importance at PSU knew about it in 2002. Paterno should be arrested.

RedNFeisty
11-07-2011, 03:29 PM
"Fall 2000: A janitor sees Mr. Sandusky in the shower at the PSU football complex with Victim 8. The boy was pinned against the wall while Mr. Sandusky performed a sex act on him. The janitor tells other janitorial staff and his boss. His supervisor tells him how to make an official report. Such a report is never made; there is discussion among janitorial staff of concern about their jobs if they report the incident.

March 1, 2002: A Penn State football graduate assistant, whose name is not in the presentment but who since has been identified as Mike McQueary, now the team's wide receiver coach and recruiting coordinator, witnesses Mr. Sandusky having sex with Victim 2 in the shower at the Lasch Football Building."

How does someone witness a child being molested and not immediately stop it, call the police, yell out "WTF" or something? It's like "Oh, Sandusky is in the shower again. Put out the Out of Order/Slippery Floor Sign".

Everyone of importance at PSU knew about it in 2002. Paterno should be arrested.

Agreed, Paterno should be arrested for enabling or aiding and abetting. Or whatever legal reason can be found.

Don't think for a second, I wouldn't turn in my own Father or any life long friend, if I caught or even strongly suspected such behavior.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.687563,-97.401371

Reaper16
11-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Oh goodness: http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Jerry-Sandusky-Story/dp/1582613575

loochy
11-07-2011, 03:30 PM

Agreed...unless it was my kids.

wait..what? You'd protect the people that molested your kids?

Hootie
11-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Wow I had no idea the GA, Mike McQueary, was the red head assistant that has been on Penn State's coaching staff for years. Absolutely sickening that he saw Sandusky assault a little boy and 1) continued to allow the guy around the program, and 2) continued to work at PSU despite the fact they turned a blind eye to a molester.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/Mike_McQueary.jpg/220px-Mike_McQueary.jpg

Disagree.

If I had a good job and saw some sick fuck doing something...and then reported it to my superiors...and the superiors did nothing about it...I'd still be disgusted but I wouldn't necessarily walk out on my job. Especially if it was a good paying job.

If anything, McQueary is one of the good guys in this entire mess. He did more than anyone...it's not his fault his BOSSES squashed the entire thing. He told his dad, and then JOE PATERNO...after that, it's not really his call to do anything else.

What was he going to do? Call the police and turn it into a G.A. vs. Legend "he says, she says" battle?

vailpass
11-07-2011, 03:36 PM

No. He would kill them without police involvement.

Hootie
11-07-2011, 03:38 PM

Very true.

But my dad always told me...believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear (or something like that)...

Actually, I don't think that's how the saying went at all...of course something SHOULD have been done...but there is a reason why there have been no charges on JoePa yet...they don't have anything on him. He technically did exactly what he was supposed to do.

Now morally speaking? Perhaps not.

vailpass
11-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Seems like the internal football community would have circled up on this child predator and tore the monster to shreds, banished him from the pack, the minute they knew what a sick and twisted freak he was.
Hard to believ Joepa knowingly condoned the victimization of children.

vailpass
11-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Here's a pic of the guy running calisthenics at a recent practice. You'd think they would have known something was up, guy just doesn't look right.

Dave Lane
11-07-2011, 03:46 PM
I didn't know that Penn State was a catholic school. I thought it was a state school :shrug:

Stop talking religion!!

Titty Meat
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
I only care about this if it gives Nebraska the advantage this weekend.

Chief Henry
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
All of this is unreal....can't believe the powers to be at Penn State kept this under wraps for so long. I wonder how many media types in the Happy Valley area knew about this but squelched it because they didn't want to be the one to bring down the Joe Pa era.

This is just unreal.

LiveSteam
11-07-2011, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=Bo's Pelini;8089769]I only care about this if it gives Nebraska the advantage this weekend.[/QUOTE

Nubs have a coaching staff that needs fired. For sweeping they're sucking under the rug.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 04:18 PM

Certainly..that what you should take from my comment. /rolleyes

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Disagree.

If I had a good job and saw some sick **** doing something...and then reported it to my superiors...and the superiors did nothing about it...I'd still be disgusted but I wouldn't necessarily walk out on my job. Especially if it was a good paying job.

If anything, McQueary is one of the good guys in this entire mess. He did more than anyone...it's not his fault his BOSSES squashed the entire thing. He told his dad, and then JOE PATERNO...after that, it's not really his call to do anything else.

What was he going to do? Call the police and turn it into a G.A. vs. Legend "he says, she says" battle?

He should have called the police immediately.

vailpass
11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I only care about this if it gives Nebraska the advantage this weekend.

Penn State's assistant coach said it probably would give NU an advantage but it turns out he was kidding.

Stewie
11-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Nubs have a coaching staff that needs fired. For sweeping they're sucking under the rug.

I read on Twitter that a sports writer (Harrisburg or State College) is calling for fans to boycott the Nebraska game unless Paterno is fired.

VAChief
11-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Very true.

But my dad always told me...believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear (or something like that)...

Actually, I don't think that's how the saying went at all...of course something SHOULD have been done...but there is a reason why there have been no charges on JoePa yet...they don't have anything on him. He technically did exactly what he was supposed to do.

Perhaps not? Are you kidding? If that was your child would you think "well he technically did what he was supposed to do." I'm not convinced he isn't legally negligent as well. Reporting to your superior in most states does not negate your professional responsibilities IF you know that the incident was not reported to the authorities.

It appears he not only was aware of these atrocities, but allowed the scumbag to continue to have access to kids at HIS facilities. I had no ill will whatsoever toward Paterno prior to this, in fact I respected his supposed staunch old school ways. If his GA told him your buddy is ass raping a kid in your locker room, friend or not you pick up the phone and call the police, just shortly before you beat the shit out your friend for ruining the reputation of your program, likely for ages.

Otter
11-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Stop talking religion!!

He was making fun of you idiot.

Let's take a quick look back a week on top of the bile you managed to inject into this thread:

Thread about judge beating his daughter
Post #91 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=8074213#post8074213)

Post where poster jokingly saying God helped Chiefs win the Chargers game
Post #3 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=8071127#post8071127)

That's this week out of almost 11 years you douche bag. I think I speak for most of us when I say 'shut the **** up already you broken record'. I'll ignore you from now on for both our sake.

VAChief
11-07-2011, 04:37 PM
He should have called the police immediately.

Absolutely, this isn't a judgement call situation where there might have been a misunderstanding. A GA sees a grown man humping a 10 year old is as clear cut case of nuthooks as it gets.

vailpass
11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Absolutely, this isn't a judgement call situation where there might have been a misunderstanding. A GA sees a grown man humping a 10 year old is as clear cut case of nuthooks as it gets.

Yes. Though career suicide is something easier said than done.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Yes. Though career suicide is something easier said than done.

I'll take the risk of career suicide every time over a lifetime of guilt due to not reporting something like this.

How many kids were victims because no one spoke up or went to police?

suzzer99
11-07-2011, 04:46 PM

On July 1, when Sandusky announced his intention to retire, one of the first calls he received was from Matt Millen, a Penn State All-America in 1978, who greeted him with, "It figures that the guy who has been there for 30 years would get out before the guy who has been there for 50."

Matt Millen's winning streak continues.

Working under Paterno takes something out of a man, too. Sandusky was asked last week if he'll miss Joe Pa. "Well, not exactly," he said. "You have to understand that so much of our time was spent under stress, figuring out how to win. That takes a toll. We've had our battles. I've quit. I've been fired. I've walked around the building to cool off." Paterno says, "I'm not the easiest guy to work with." Millen puts it another way: "Figuratively speaking, that Paterno nose is everywhere."

Um, ok. I'd say 95% chance Paterno and everyone at PSU pushed him out for the 1998 allegations, and thus knew he was leaving PSU to spend even more time with kids. Ugh.

at heart, E.J. says, Sandusky is "a frustrated playground director." E.J. remembers the kickball games his father organized in the backyard. "Dad would get every single kid involved," says E.J. "We had the largest kickball games in the United States, kickball games with 40 kids."

Says Millen, "A lot of people were surprised when Jerry said he was retiring. Me? I was surprised he stayed that long. Jerry has so many passions and so many gifts besides coaching football—a gift for teaching, a gift for helping, a gift for guiding kids. This is a man with a lot to do."

eazyb81
11-07-2011, 04:49 PM
I'll take the risk of career suicide every time over a lifetime of guilt due to not reporting something like this.

Yeah, I just can't buy being scared about your career as an excuse to not speak up in this situation. This is not something like scrubbing the numbers in the accounting department or talking crap about some fat chick in HR. This is serious, life-altering stuff.

Stewie
11-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Apparently Sandusky was working out at the PSU football facility just last week (several times).

How in the world is Paterno allowing that, knowing all the people that testified to a grand jury about these allegations?

eazyb81
11-07-2011, 04:57 PM
How in the world did the GA, Mike McQueary, not at least take the child away from the situation when he walked in on Sandusky raping the kid in the Penn State shower?

It sounds like he saw it happening and then immediately left to call his dad. That inaction makes me want to vomit.

LiveSteam
11-07-2011, 05:04 PM
How in the world did the GA, Mike McQueary, not at least take the child away from the situation when he walked in on Sandusky raping the kid in the Penn State shower?

It sounds like he saw it happening and then immediately left to call his dad. That inaction makes me want to vomit.

That inaction should get him arrested before all is said & done. As I understand it. In all 50 states It is illegal & a felony to watch or see such an act being preformed on a minor & not report it to thee authorities.

Reaper16
11-07-2011, 05:36 PM
This is pretty much a hypothetical season 7 of The Wire. Serving an institution before your fellow human always leads to bad things.

seamonster
11-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Disagree.

If I had a good job and saw some sick **** doing something...and then reported it to my superiors...and the superiors did nothing about it...I'd still be disgusted but I wouldn't necessarily walk out on my job. Especially if it was a good paying job.

You're pretty fucking sick dude. All bets are off and reputations go out the window if I walk in and see some old ass dude violating a small child. Doesn't matter who they are, I'm calling the police after I pull myself together. Jesus man..

Hootie
11-07-2011, 05:56 PM
You're pretty ****ing sick dude. All bets are off and reputations go out the window if I walk in and see some old ass dude violating a small child. Doesn't matter who they are, I'm calling the police after I pull myself together. Jesus man..

You're entitled to your opinion. So am I.

evenfall
11-07-2011, 05:58 PM
In my opinion people who do this to kids should be executed. First offense.

And anybody who doesn't report it or doesn't ensure authorities find out if they know or should have known it was going on should be doing jail time.

Shogun
11-07-2011, 05:59 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313649_2583268902596_1280673395_33032067_760094673_n.jpg

Brock
11-07-2011, 06:10 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313649_2583268902596_1280673395_33032067_760094673_n.jpg

ROFL

kstater
11-07-2011, 06:26 PM
This can't be real. How does this get published?

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/01338/web_penn_state__1338689cl-8.jpg

Reaper16
11-07-2011, 06:37 PM
This can't be real. How does this get published?

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/01338/web_penn_state__1338689cl-8.jpg
How dare they mislead people into thinking they can make Thanksgiving happen with only ten cents?!?

Shogun
11-07-2011, 06:44 PM
also wtf

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/3126542_o.gif

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 06:45 PM

I know it's crazy, but you're asking a lot of McQueary.

I've read plenty of Enron case studies. A lot of people know they're doing the wrong, hate that they're doing the wrong thing, but are you willing to throw away your entire future to blow the whistle? That's a lot to ask of a guy. It makes me sick too, but the decision is a hell of a lot harder than people think.

I'm a huge Joe Pa fan, but his situation is a little different. He's in a position of power. He owns that University. I hate that he made the completely wrong moral decision on this one.

Titty Meat
11-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Very true.

The guy who admitted to fucking a passed out chick is gonna teach us about morality.

Gotta love the internet.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2011, 06:49 PM

I've read plenty of Enron case studies. A lot of people know they're doing the wrong, hate that they're doing the wrong thing, but are you willing to throw away your entire future to blow the whistle? That's a lot to ask of a guy. It makes me sick too, but the decision is a hell of a lot harder than people think.

I'm a huge Joe Pa fan, but his situation is a little different. He's in a position of power. He owns that University. I hate that he made the completely wrong moral decision on this one.

Holy Jesus.

Your comparing blowing the whistle on financial improprieties to blowing the whistle on a child molester?

Titty Meat
11-07-2011, 06:53 PM
It'll never happen but everyone involved who knew this and didn't report this should be arrested Joe Pa included.

BryanBusby
11-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Disagree.

If I had a good job and saw some sick fuck doing something...and then reported it to my superiors...and the superiors did nothing about it...I'd still be disgusted but I wouldn't necessarily walk out on my job. Especially if it was a good paying job.

He's one of the good guys? Are you fucking serious? Out of all the crap I've read on this board, your post would definitely be the dumbest fucking thing I've read if you seriously believe this.

LiveSteam
11-07-2011, 06:58 PM
It'll never happen but everyone involved who knew this and didn't report this should be arrested Joe Pa included.

I think more will come as the legal system moves forward

Bump
11-07-2011, 07:00 PM

arrested, beaten, tortured and fucked by gay prison dudes with aids. How could anyone, especially a legend like Paterno look the other way with this? It makes me want to vomit. I mean you are Joe fucking Paterno, you seem like a guy with a ton of integrity. If the AD doesn't do shit, call a press conference, call the cops, do something! I still have trouble wrapping my head around this one. It's purely disgusting.

FringeNC
11-07-2011, 07:04 PM
At first, I just thought Paterno acted wholly inappropriately given that he had to know what was going on; however, reading McCreary's grand jury testimony, it certainly appears in fact Paterno perjured himself if Paterno told the grand jury what he claims he did.

Prediction: He won't make it to Saturday as head coach.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Holy Jesus.

Your comparing blowing the whistle on financial improprieties to blowing the whistle on a child molester?

Enron executives forced good people to knowingly fudge the books, and screw employees out of BILLIONS of dollars. Thousands lost their jobs and had their entire retirement savings completely wiped out. Putting people in the poorhouse to line your own pockets is really bad stuff, especially at Enron's level. I wouldn't sell that short. But fine, you want a better example? Nazi Germany. There's a ton of psych research on this. It happens when people are afraid of authority. Good people become very afraid and find themselves doing things they find despicable.

I know it's easy for us to stand on a soap box from afar and judge the guy. Personally, I think it took a lot of courage to say anything at all. Again, it's despicable that the PSU administration sat on it. And it's despicable that JoePa, a guy in a position of power, didn't do anything about it.

You're asking a lot of McQueary. He pulls Sandusky away, and everything he's worked his entire life for is taken away from him. His entire life.

BryanBusby
11-07-2011, 07:15 PM
You're asking a lot of McQueary. He pulls Sandusky away, and everything he's worked his entire life for is taken away from him. His entire life.

A job is pretty irrelevant when you're talking about not going directly to the police to report a man having sex with minors. What's so god damn hard to figure out about that? He chose not to, and now he's going to lose his job anyways and a lot of other minors were raped.

What a kick ass decision by "one of the good guys"

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2011, 07:19 PM
A job is pretty irrelevant when you're talking about not going directly to the police to report a man having sex with minors. What's so god damn hard to figure out about that? He chose not to, and now he's going to lose his job anyways and a lot of other minors were raped.

No, you're asking too much of him.

Holy shit.

Saul Good
11-07-2011, 07:25 PM

Some kids mature faster than others. Maybe the kid looked older than he was, and the guy thought he was 18. Perhaps he was a Big 10.

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww186/prufrock55/david-caruso-0409-lg.jpg

Marcellus
11-07-2011, 07:29 PM
There is so much wrong that happened in this mess its mind boggling. How it took this long to come out is shameful and disgusting.

Lots of jail time should be handed out to many people.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
Scary shit. Being afraid to turn on authority is human nature. I'd like to believe I'd act differently, but it's easy to say that from the sidelines. Let me ask you this. If you studied to be a lawyer. You spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on tuition, education, etc... Spent endless nights cramming for the bar. You land a great job. You work your ass off and finally earn some respect. You catch one of the partners doing something wildly inappropriate. This partner's a powerful guy. If you say a word about it, you not only lose your job, he can find a way to get you dis-barred, and he'll make sure to let everyone he knows to make sure you never get a decent job ever again. You've got a family and kids. You've got 30 years ahead of you. Now we're no longer talking about losing $100,000 a year, we're talking about losing $3 Million (over 30 years).

I'm a pretty ethical guy. But I believe if I saw a guy murdering someone on the street, my first reaction would be absolute fear. For my own life. I hate that that's the case, but I'm trying to be realistic. I think grilling a young, impressionable kid for not turning in probably the 2nd most powerful guy not just on the team, but even on campus... that's not as easy as we make it out to be from the sidelines.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure which is more ridiculous.

You trying to defend McQueary, or thinking the guy would be blackballed from college football or any other job because he turned in a child molester.

Chiefnj2
11-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Personally, I think it took a lot of courage to say anything at all.

Zilla, you are a coward of epic proportions. You think it took a lot of courage to walk away from a child being molested to tell your dad, but not attempt to stop the act?

His career will likely suffer a lot more now than if he had reported it and stopped it.

I'm sure he would have had trouble at job interviews "I'm the guy that was fired because I reported the coordinator was molesting children in the team shower. I'm sure you don't want someone like me on your team and that you'd prefer Joe Po and the rest of the staff that turned a blind eye to such a thing."

Chiefnj2
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
It's amazing that the NCAA has rules and built in sanctions if a collegiate player receives a free bag of potato chips, but something like this they are powerless to impose penalties.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Zilla, you are a coward of epic proportions. You think it took a lot of courage to walk away from a child being molested to tell your dad, but not attempt to stop the act?

His career will likely suffer a lot more now than if he had reported it and stopped it.

I'm sure he would have had trouble at job interviews "I'm the guy that was fired because I reported the coordinator was molesting children in the team shower. I'm sure you don't want someone like me on your team and that you'd prefer Joe Po and the rest of the staff that turned a blind eye to such a thing."

QFMFT.

Rep.

Marcellus
11-07-2011, 07:37 PM

You trying to defend McQueary, or thinking the guy would be blackballed from college football or any other job because he turned in a child molester.

No shit. He may be done NOW that this is out. In the end it will be worse for him now. (No pun intended)

stonedstooge
11-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
Scary shit. Being afraid to turn on authority is human nature. I'd like to believe I'd act differently, but it's easy to say that from the sidelines. Let me ask you this. If you studied to be a lawyer. You spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on tuition, education, etc... Spent endless nights cramming for the bar. You land a great job. You work your ass off and finally earn some respect. You catch one of the partners doing something wildly inappropriate. This partner's a powerful guy. If you say a word about it, you not only lose your job, he can find a way to get you dis-barred, and he'll make sure to let everyone he knows to make sure you never get a decent job ever again. You've got a family and kids. You've got 30 years ahead of you. Now we're no longer talking about losing $100,000 a year, we're talking about losing $3 Million (over 30 years).

I'm a pretty ethical guy. But I believe if I saw a guy murdering someone on the street, my first reaction would be absolute fear. For my own life. I hate that that's the case, but I'm trying to be realistic. I think grilling a young, impressionable kid for not turning in probably the 2nd most powerful guy not just on the team, but even on campus... that's not as easy as we make it out to be from the sidelines.

First thing is you have to be able to live with yourself. You think you could with something like this hanging over your head?

KCUnited
11-07-2011, 07:39 PM
I don't care if the kid in the shower was Andy Reid developed, something more needed to be done.

Brock
11-07-2011, 07:41 PM

Seeing someone being murdered isn't in the same universe as this.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 07:44 PM

Hi, I'm an NCAA head coach looking to hire an Assistant. My school commits all kinds of borderline shady recruiting violations and I'm looking for a defensive coach. So let me "do the right thing" and please do me a huge, huge favor, and don't turn in anything you see on the recruiting front to the NCAA. I can trust you, right? Pretty please?

But I'm going to hire you, because you did the right thing.

FringeNC
11-07-2011, 07:44 PM
It's amazing that the NCAA has rules and built in sanctions if a collegiate player receives a free bag of potato chips, but something like this they are powerless to impose penalties.

Why surprised? NCAA sanctions are a cartel enforcement device, and have nothing to do with what is right or wrong.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 07:45 PM
First thing is you have to be able to live with yourself. You think you could with something like this hanging over your head?

I can't imagine it doesn't beat the living shit out of him every day thinking about it.

mcaj22
11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
this will be interesting because if people start cutting deals to provide more information/sell people out that were involved, I have a feeling its going to go right to the top and I read that's the prosecutions plan, they have an idea of how much the higher ups knew to cover this up and now its all about actually getting something that sticks.

and that is having one of these other bozos crack, and admit all the big wigs at Penn State knew about this for 10+ years.

which is very likely.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi, I'm an NCAA head coach looking to hire an Assistant. My school commits all kinds of borderline shady recruiting violations and I'm looking for a defensive coach. So let me "do the right thing" and please do me a huge, huge favor, and don't turn in anything you see on the recruiting front to the NCAA. I can trust you, right? Pretty please?

Holy shit, just when I think your posts in this thread couldn't possibly get any more ignorant, you post this.

*speechless*

BryanBusby
11-07-2011, 07:49 PM

Hi, I'm an NCAA head coach looking to hire a recruiting coordinator. I would prefer one will make parents feel like they are making a good safe decision by sending their kid to our institution. Nothing assures parents more than sending someone that kept quiet about child rape.

eazyb81
11-07-2011, 07:54 PM

No shit. It is laughable that anyone can argue 1) McQeary was brave for walking away and letting a 10 year continue to get raped, and 2) His career would have been over in football if he blew the whistle on a serial child molester.

The pussification of this country continues.

Frazod
11-07-2011, 07:55 PM

It's nice that some of you live in a perfect world where powerful people are always brought to justice. And not a world where powerful people protect their own against scandal to ridiculous degrees, own the local police, control the local media, etc. Suppose the kid won't admit the truth? He's under the guy's spell enough that he's willing to suck his dick in the shower - do you really think Sandusky couldn't get him to lie? Or threaten his parents? Or have some goons do it? No other witness, victim says your full of shit, no proof, cops don't want to pursue it, press won't touch it, and BOOM you're out of a job, nobody believes you, and maybe you wake up with a horse head at the foot of your bed one morning.

I like to think I'd do the right thing as well, but I've never been in that position and hope to Christ I never am. And I think child molestation is worse than murder.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 07:58 PM

The scariest shit about human psychology is that we all know what's right, but throw yourself in that kind of a situation, and we all panic and act in ways we shouldn't. It's been psychologically tested over and over again that many of us would have acted the same way.

Unfortunately, it's easy to talk a big game on the sidelines. Of course he didn't do the right thing. But when you see shit like that, your mind isn't right. We panic. And a million thoughts swirl through your brain. I'd like to believe I'd do the right thing in that situation. I'm just pointing to the reality that it's not as simple as that.

Saul Good
11-07-2011, 07:59 PM
It's nice that some of you live in a perfect world where powerful people are always brought to justice. And not a world where powerful people protect their own against scandal to ridiculous degrees, own the local police, control the local media, etc. Suppose the kid won't admit the truth? He's under the guy's spell enough that he's willing to suck his dick in the shower - do you really think Sandusky couldn't get him to lie? Or threaten his parents? Or have some goons do it? No other witness, victim says your full of shit, no proof, cops don't want to pursue it, press won't touch it, and BOOM you're out of a job, nobody believes you, and maybe you wake up with a horse head at the foot of your bed one morning.

I like to think I'd do the right thing as well, but I've never been in that position and hope to Christ I never am. And I think child molestation is worse than murder.

So be it. You can only do what you can do. Blow the whistle and take the minuscule chance that you're a pariah because people don't believe you. It beats living with knowing that you let a monster roam free.

Saul Good
11-07-2011, 08:00 PM
The scariest shit about human psychology is that we all know what's right, but throw yourself in that kind of a situation, and we all panic and act in ways we shouldn't. It's been psychologically tested over and over again that many of us would have acted the same way.

Unfortunately, it's easy to talk a big game on the sidelines. Of course he didn't do the right thing. But when you see shit like that, your mind isn't right. We panic. And a million thoughts swirl through your brain. I'd like to believe I'd do the right thing in that situation. I'm just pointing to the reality that it's not as simple as that.

That may be true, but none of what you just said makes it okay.

eazyb81
11-07-2011, 08:02 PM

I will be completely honest. If I worked for a football team or company that implicitly allowed child molestation by a higher up, and that was the only football team or company that I could work for, I would switch careers.

That isn't Internet tough guy speak or whatever, that is the truth. There is just no excuse for the absolute lack of morality and human empathy that McQuery showed by not going apeshit over this.

Al Bundy
11-07-2011, 08:04 PM

:shake::doh!:

Bugeater
11-07-2011, 08:05 PM
So be it. You can only do what you can do. Blow the whistle and take the minuscule chance that you're a pariah because people don't believe you. It beats living with knowing that you let a monster roam free.
You're missing the point. You can do all the right things and the monster still may roam free. And a lot of you must have missed the posts about the prosecutor in this case turning up missing.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi, I'm an NCAA head coach looking to hire a recruiting coordinator. I would prefer one will make parents feel like they are making a good safe decision by sending their kid to our institution. Nothing assures parents more than sending someone that kept quiet about child rape.

If you're hiring a recruiting coordinator for a D-1 program, you are going to ask him to do some shady, shady shit. They are going to ask you to sneak money to kids in every way possible to get them to join their school. And they're all doing it. We've learned pretty quickly that Athletic Directors are pretty shady characters. You honestly think they're looking for the ethical guy vs. a guy they know will keep his mouth shut? That's not the way the world works, much as I wish it did.

Frazod
11-07-2011, 08:06 PM

When I'm thrust into a crisis situation, I tend to react violently. I doubt if I'd go meekly snitch on the guy - I'd probably grab the nearest thing I could use as a weapon and beat the hell out of him.

But most people don't have my temper.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 08:07 PM
That may be true, but none of what you just said makes it okay.

I didn't say it was "okay." I said it's human nature.

eazyb81
11-07-2011, 08:08 PM
If you're hiring a recruiting coordinator for a D-1 program, you are going to ask him to do some shady, shady shit. They are going to ask you to sneak money to kids in every way possible to get them to join their school. And they're all doing it. We've learned pretty quickly that Athletic Directors are pretty shady characters. You honestly think they're looking for the ethical guy vs. a guy they know will keep his mouth shut? That's not the way the world works, much as I wish it did.

Are you really trying to compare paying players under the table in recruiting to child molestation? Really?

BryanBusby
11-07-2011, 08:09 PM

If you can't determine the difference between dumb stuff like giving kids money, cars and clothes and being a part of a cover up on crimes against humanity, I have literally no idea what to tell you.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2011, 08:11 PM

Holy shit, just when I think your posts in this thread couldn't possibly get any more ignorant, you post this.

*speechless*

Are you really trying to compare paying players under the table in recruiting to child molestation? Really?

Welp, apparently there is another rung on Zilla's ignorance ladder.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 08:11 PM

When did I say that?

I'm saying that McQueary snitches, and his career goes backwards. Athletic Directors are crooked. They're not looking to hire the good guy. They're not going to hire a guy who turned a coach in and sunk their program, and could just as easily sink theirs. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

DeezNutz
11-07-2011, 08:12 PM
So his potential fear of committing career suicide, which caused him to be morally bankrupt, is going to lead to career suicide.

Classic irony for a completely worthless piece of shit.

VAChief
11-07-2011, 08:13 PM

This...to equate fear from turning on the SS when your life is in danger to turning in a child molester is beyond logic...if they fired him for doing the right thing, it would only bring the University more shame.

BryanBusby
11-07-2011, 08:14 PM
When did I say that?

I'm saying that McQueary snitches, and his career goes backwards. Athletic Directors are crooked. They're not looking to hire the good guy. They're not going to hire a guy who turned a coach in and sunk their program, and could just as easily sink theirs. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

I don't think many, if any, Athletic Directors are gonna be all, "Welp, fuck hiring this ginger because he decided to say something about disgusting acts that had absolutely nothing to do with student athletics"

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 08:15 PM
If you can't determine the difference between dumb stuff like giving kids money, cars and clothes and being a part of a cover up on crimes against humanity, I have literally no idea what to tell you.

You've completely misinterpreted, as has everyone else.

People are claiming McQueary's career would have been fine if he snitched. I'm claiming that Athletic Directors who run shady programs (and they all do) aren't going to hire a rat just because he's a good guy. That is so ridiculously unrealistic. College programs are shady. They're not looking to do the right thing. McQueary's career takes a huge hit if he snitches. It sucks that society works that way, but that's why in so many situations, we see so many good people afraid to blow the whistle.

BryanBusby
11-07-2011, 08:19 PM
No, I think we clearly understand. Even "OH EM GEE SHADY AND CROOKED" college programs will have the ability to understand the difference between reporting NCAA violations and violations that are sick and against federal laws.

Unless you're trying to say that scandals like this go on in many college programs.

By keeping quiet about it outside of the program, he's pretty much fucked as he'll be known as the dude that kept quiet about child rape. Yeah, definitely a career booster there.

VAChief
11-07-2011, 08:20 PM

People are claiming McQueary's career would have been fine if he snitched. I'm claiming that Athletic Directors who run shady programs (and they all do) aren't going to hire a rat just because he's a good guy. That is so ridiculously unrealistic. College programs are shady. They're not looking to do the right thing. McQueary's career takes a huge hit if he snitches. It sucks that society works that way, but that's why in so many situations, we see so many good people afraid to blow the whistle.

He wouldn't be blowing the whistle on the athletic department...this guy wasn't even fning working for them at the time!!!! I would say he could have frozen and wasn't sure what to do and reported it to Paterno, but given a little bit of time and reflection, how could you not follow up and say "what the f, your not going to report this prick?" It is unfathomable.

The Bad Guy
11-07-2011, 08:21 PM

Yeah, McQueary was really putting his graduate assistant job on the line.

Good fucking god.

Brock
11-07-2011, 08:23 PM
When I'm thrust into a crisis situation, I tend to react violently. I doubt if I'd go meekly snitch on the guy - I'd probably grab the nearest thing I could use as a weapon and beat the hell out of him.

But most people don't have my temper.

That wouldn't have been inappropriate.

The Bad Guy
11-07-2011, 08:24 PM

The fact that you treat molesting kids basically in the same vein as a recruiting violation swept under the rug makes me nauscious.

You can add your life takes on this board to your list of shitty football takes.

Saul Good
11-07-2011, 08:24 PM
You're missing the point. You can do all the right things and the monster still may roam free. And a lot of you must have missed the posts about the prosecutor in this case turning up missing.

I'm not missing that point. I acknowledged it's possible, but it's worth the risk.

Saul Good
11-07-2011, 08:25 PM
I didn't say it was "okay." I said it's human nature.

Human nature isn't a defense for human behavior.

Frazod
11-07-2011, 08:26 PM
That wouldn't have been inappropriate.

Certainly not in my mind, but I assume the police would see it differently.

Saul Good
11-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Certainly not in my mind, but I assume the police would see it differently.

The guy slipped in the shower. I've seen a lot of police officers buy some incredibly obvious lies when it comes to someone taking a well-deserved beating. A buddy of mine used to bounce at a strip club. It's amazing how many times customers fell down and broke their noses/jaws/teeth while my buddy tore up his knuckles trying to catch them.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah, McQueary was really putting his graduate assistant job on the line.

Good ****ing god.

I don't think you understand what football and Joe Pa mean to Happy Valley, and how damn powerful Jerry Sandusky was at the time. College football programs like that... Joe Pa can walk on air. And how do you know Paterno or Curley or Sandusky didn't threaten him in some way? Seeing how far they went to cover this up, you don't think maybe they made it clear to him there would be consequences if he opened his mouth?

I was a huge Paterno fan but now I think he's an enormous scumbag. Curley's even worse.

Doing the right thing is really damn difficult, especially in a culture like that where there is SO much to lose.

tk13
11-07-2011, 08:32 PM
I can understand the argument that you could fear for your job, or life, in situations like this... that certainly doesn't make it right. The thing is though, McQueary still works there. I don't get that. You think you'd want to get out of that mess right away. We'll see I guess, but the whole thing looks really, really bad.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2011, 08:32 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/facepalm.gif

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 08:33 PM
The fact that you treat molesting kids basically in the same vein as a recruiting violation swept under the rug makes me nauscious.

You can add your life takes on this board to your list of shitty football takes.

Give me a fucking break.

I didn't say that. But thanks for trying to twist my words.

Brianfo
11-07-2011, 08:34 PM

This. Complete argument fail.

Hootie
11-07-2011, 08:34 PM
lot of ridiculousness in this thread

no one thinks any of this is ok

but it's amazing that "all of these people knew" and not a single person did a thing about it...

yet everyone in this thread and on this board would have immediately called the police and/or beat the bloody hell out of this FREAK!

A college football player (most likely a stud athlete) was scared into not doing anything...

but OTWP and Saul Good and everyone else would have done the right thing and would have been paraded as heroes!!

excuse me while I call shenanigans

the dude saw what he saw...was clearly horrified...talked to his dad, then went to A GUY HE PROBABLY IDOLIZED...who then took it to the AD who then talked to the president (or whatever) and then they all decided to squash it (or whatever)...but lets blame the G.A.

it's a lot easier to be right when you're not thrust into a situation like this...this dude was a freaking legend in Penn State...

he's obviously powerful enough to have been doing this for 20+ years while releasing books and getting feel good SI stories published about him...

but the voices of ChiefsPlanet would have done the RIGHT thing! Because they have been in a situation like that before...

it's comparable to a witness of some sort of mafia crime flipping their story...

the guy saw something horrible, said something...and then was likely told "you tell anyone and we'll fucking kill you"...

but I'm sure that wouldn't rattle the badasses of ChiefsPlanet

Hootie
11-07-2011, 08:38 PM
it's just unbelievable how much better everyone on this site thinks they are than everyone else when these monstrous stories occur...

I'm sure Joe Paterno condones child molestation...

I have a hard time believing all of these successful, high ranking officials stood by and tried to sweep child molestation under the rug...perhaps they were oblivious...in fact, I'm sure they were...but I doubt they really thought this guy was raping child after child.

BryanBusby
I think most people wouldn't logically think, "welp, the school seems to think child rape is no big deal so I'll just keep doing my thing and allow a sick fuck to continue holding overnight programs with youths."

it's just unbelievable how much better everyone on this site thinks they are than everyone else when these monstrous stories occur...

I have a hard time believing all of these successful, high ranking officials stood by and tried to sweep child molestation under the rug...perhaps they were oblivious...in fact, I'm sure they were...but I doubt they really thought this guy was raping child after child.
If they can't get the clue even though he was accused of it on multiple occasions, they have no business being high ranking officials.

chiefzilla1501
This. Complete argument fail.

Reading fail.

Chiefnj2
11-07-2011, 08:39 PM
lot of ridiculousness in this thread

no one thinks any of this is ok

but it's amazing that "all of these people knew" and not a single person did a thing about it...

says the guy who admits to having sex with passed out females.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 08:40 PM
I can understand the argument that you could fear for your job, or life, in situations like this... that certainly doesn't make it right. The thing is though, McQueary still works there. I don't get that. You think you'd want to get out of that mess right away. We'll see I guess, but the whole thing looks really, really bad.

That's the part that I don't get. I don't defend his actions the night it happened, but I can understand his actions. The part I can't defend is why you would associate yourself with pieces of shit like that, especially when they keep letting him get away with it.

Brock
11-07-2011, 08:41 PM
the dude saw what he saw...was clearly horrified...talked to his dad, then went to A GUY HE PROBABLY IDOLIZED...who then took it to the AD who then talked to the president (or whatever) and then they all decided to squash it (or whatever)...but lets blame the G.A.t

I don't blame him anymore than I blame the janitor that saw practically the same thing at another time. He was just a dumb kid who didn't know what to do. But if he really did talk to his dad, his dad really is a complete piece of shit if this is how he advised him to handle it.

Chiefnj2
11-07-2011, 08:41 PM

They knew enough to try to protect PSU by banning the guy from bringing children to the facility. They'll ignore it as long as it stays off campus.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Human nature isn't a defense for human behavior.

Absolutely. I would hope that it haunts him. But again, behavior in a panic is different from behavior when we're thinking rationally. There's a lot of stuff McQueary has done since then that are off. There's no way I'd want to associate myself with scumbags, knowing they're sweeping this under the rug.

Hootie
11-07-2011, 08:43 PM
what this creep did was truly horrific...

but lets burn him at the stake, not everyone else that has ever worked at Penn State

I knew a kid in high school, a ladies man...girls loved him, was said to be "hung like a horse"...

well a few years ago everyone started saying he was gay...that there was proof he was gay...and all of my friends were like..."wow, I can't believe that dude is gay!"

I, for one, never believed it...I hung out with him all the time back in high school...he nailed some of the hottest girls I've ever seen...and a ton of them, too. Never once did he put off a gay vibe.

Well it turns out he took a girl home and wouldn't fuck her...so the girl decided he was gay...well the truth was he just couldn't get hard anymore. Serious ED problems.

But everyone just assumed he was gay instead.

So yeah...I'm sure Joe Paterno just stood by for 30 years while knowing this guy he worked closely with was having sex with 10 year old boys the entire time. I'm sure Paterno figured that would never come back to haunt him in any way!

There is no way in my mind that any of these officials being targeted (IMO as bad as the actual criminal) actually thought this guy was having sex with children. Perhaps they knew he had some inappropriate interactions in the past, but I HIGHLY doubt anyone actually thought he was a sick fuck child raper.

I just can't imagine that being true.

Maybe I have too much faith in humanity.

Hootie
11-07-2011, 08:46 PM
says the guy who admits to having sex with passed out females.

what a myth that is

I'm sorry that I've hooked up with hot girls and a lot of people are jealous on this site...I realize my game is a gift and not everyone knows how to talk to girls.

I'm glad people took a fun "frat" story between an EX-GIRLFRIEND and I and spun it into something ridiculous.

I apologize for the miserable lives most of the members on this board lead.

I do not apologize for being cooler than 95% of you, though. That's a gift that I cherish.

Hootie
11-07-2011, 08:50 PM
They knew enough to try to protect PSU by banning the guy from bringing children to the facility. They'll ignore it as long as it stays off campus.

I understand child molestation is perhaps THE WORST crime one can commit...

but it was never Joe Paterno's job to catch a predator...

but it's good to know that every single person in the world that has an internet connection is a better person than Joe Paterno...

Saul Good
11-07-2011, 08:52 PM

I think they chose not to believe it. They were willfully ignorant. As to whether or not everyone on CP would have reported it, that's irrelevant. If I would have been to afraid or whatever to report it, that's on me. It's a shitty character flaw even if it's one that I unknowingly share.

tk13
11-07-2011, 08:53 PM
what this creep did was truly horrific...

but lets burn him at the stake, not everyone else that has ever worked at Penn State

I knew a kid in high school, a ladies man...girls loved him, was said to be "hung like a horse"...

well a few years ago everyone started saying he was gay...that there was proof he was gay...and all of my friends were like..."wow, I can't believe that dude is gay!"

I, for one, never believed it...I hung out with him all the time back in high school...he nailed some of the hottest girls I've ever seen...and a ton of them, too. Never once did he put off a gay vibe.

Well it turns out he took a girl home and wouldn't **** her...so the girl decided he was gay...well the truth was he just couldn't get hard anymore. Serious ED problems.

But everyone just assumed he was gay instead.

So yeah...I'm sure Joe Paterno just stood by for 30 years while knowing this guy he worked closely with was having sex with 10 year old boys the entire time. I'm sure Paterno figured that would never come back to haunt him in any way!

There is no way in my mind that any of these officials being targeted (IMO as bad as the actual criminal) actually thought this guy was having sex with children. Perhaps they knew he had some inappropriate interactions in the past, but I HIGHLY doubt anyone actually thought he was a sick **** child raper.

I just can't imagine that being true.

If I'm not mistaken, all this information is in the grand jury report, is it not? If so, I don't know what else you can say. You can't possibly compare a bunch of brain dead high school students gossiping to a grand jury.

Donger
but it was never Joe Paterno's job to catch a predator...

Wow. You have some serious issues, Hootie.

chiefzilla1501
No, I think we clearly understand. Even "OH EM GEE SHADY AND CROOKED" college programs will have the ability to understand the difference between reporting NCAA violations and violations that are sick and against federal laws.

Unless you're trying to say that scandals like this go on in many college programs.

By keeping quiet about it outside of the program, he's pretty much ****ed as he'll be known as the dude that kept quiet about child rape. Yeah, definitely a career booster there.

You don't think there are coaches, star players, starters, etc... who get caught up in shady shit. Maybe assault. Maybe rape. Etc...? And knowing what we know about how college programs handle problems, do you think their first instinct is to go straight to the authorities? Or do you think they'll do everything they can to cover shit up and do everything they can to keep the story from going public?

Frazod
This latest pathetic cry for attention brought to you by Pootie!

hey look at me

i know more than all of you

i'm cooler than all of you

i'm an expert on everything

just ask me

i'll tell you

really i will

Dartgod
11-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Sure glad Hootie showed up to be the voice of reason.

Pitt Gorilla
11-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I understand child molestation is perhaps THE WORST crime one can commit...

but it was never Joe Paterno's job to catch a predator...I think that patteau might agree with you (see: his take on clergy not reporting molestation to police), but few others will.

Hootie
11-07-2011, 08:57 PM
I just have a hard time believing that all of these people (JoePa, G.A., AD, President) are all indecent people...and stood by knowingly while a man had sex with many children.

That's my point.

I'm all for burning the monster at the stake...just not everyone who knew the freaking guy.

Dartgod
11-07-2011, 08:58 PM
This latest pathetic cry for attention brought to you by Pootie!

hey look at me

i know more than all of you

i'm cooler than all of you

i'm an expert on everything

just ask me

i'll tell you

really i will
One

Line

at

a

time

Hootie
11-07-2011, 08:58 PM
but in today's social media world all we want is a BIG story...and Joe Paterno is a BIG story...so so be it

Hootie
11-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Dart and Fraz...

I'll post my opinion whenever and wherever I want to. You two miserable fucks will never get in the way of that, and the more you post about your angst towards me the more I'll post, that's just how I work.

So you two fat fucks can choke on a big fat polish with extra kraut.

Dartgod
11-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Dart and Fraz...

I'll post my opinion whenever and wherever I want to. You two miserable ****s will never get in the way of that, and the more you post about your angst towards me the more I'll post, that's just how I work.

So you two fat ****s can choke on a big fat polish with extra kraut.
Who said you couldn't post your worthless opinions here?

Not me.

Post away all you want.

It makes great entertainment.

And it proves to everyone here what a boob you are.

I can't stand sauerkraut, but bring on the polish!

Frazod
11-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Dart and Fraz...

I'll post my opinion whenever and wherever I want to. You two miserable fucks will never get in the way of that, and the more you post about your angst towards me the more I'll post, that's just how I work.

So you two fat fucks can choke on a big fat polish with extra kraut.

i understand you moved

and have no friends

because everybody thinks you're a dumbfuck loudmouth yankee jerk

with a pizza face

who is desperate to be the center of attention

and none of the drunk losers you used to hang out with text you anymore

no more lols with your posse of tards

out of sight

out of mind

so you come here

to get the attention you don't rate in real life

its okay pootie

we've learned to live with it

Donger
11-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Dart and Fraz...

I'll post my opinion whenever and wherever I want to. You two miserable ****s will never get in the way of that, and the more you post about your angst towards me the more I'll post, that's just how I work.

So you two fat ****s can choke on a big fat polish with extra kraut.

So, Hootie, say one day you actually procreate (God forbid) and one day a man sees your 10 year old son being involuntarily anally-violated in a shower. He says nothing to you, because "that's not his job."

Would you still agree with your assertion above?

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I just have a hard time believing that all of these people (JoePa, G.A., AD, President) are all indecent people...and stood by knowingly while a man had sex with many children.

That's my point.

I'm all for burning the monster at the stake...just not everyone who knew the freaking guy.

The minute there is any suspiscion, don't you start asking him "hey, Jerry, why the fuck are you bringing that kid on the field after what we accused you of?" Isn't that when you start banning him from your campus? Isn't that when you step in?

A year ago, I would have told you that Tressel was a pretty classy coach. Then you learn he will do whatever it takes to protect the reputation of the program. So yes, I absolutely believe that these guys would sweep this under the rug because they know it would tarnish the Penn State name. It's pretty amazing it's been kept quiet for 10 years.

Hootie
11-07-2011, 09:08 PM
So, Hootie, say one day you actually procreate (God forbid) and one day a man sees your 10 year old son being involuntarily anally-violated in a shower. He says nothing to you, because "that's not his job."

Would you still agree with your assertion above?

I don't answer Donger dead end questions...

pertaining to this thread, the perp was preying on boys from "broken" homes that, from what I understand, usually didn't have present fathers.

So therefore this is an off topic question.

Hootie
11-07-2011, 09:10 PM
who is desperate to be the center of attention

please go find posts from me over the past 2 months that scream "I need attention"

I read a lot more threads and only post when I have an opinion...and I'd say 95% of my posts since I moved were baseball playoff related, or Chiefs related.

So good try, miserable fat fuck.

Donger
11-07-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't answer Donger dead end questions...

pertaining to this thread, the perp was preying on boys from "broken" homes that, from what I understand, usually didn't have present fathers.

So therefore this is an off topic question.

No, it really isn't. You just said that it was "never Joe Paterno's job to catch a predator..."

So, would you feel differently if it were your son being raped?

Dartgod
11-07-2011, 09:11 PM
please go find posts from me over the past 2 months that scream "I need attention"

Every.

Single.

Post.

Frazod
11-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Every.

Single.

Post.

pretty

much

this

l

o

l

Hootie
11-07-2011, 09:13 PM
So, would you feel differently if it were your son being raped?

This is off topic.

I wouldn't let my child spend the night at a 50 year old man's house and hopefully I'd be able to talk to my children and hear about their days to the point where when I heard about the creep putting his hands on my child's leg while driving or showering with him after "working out" enough would be enough.

Of course, again, these children came from shoddy backgrounds with no male figure in their lives, so once again...Donger...you're off topic here.

If anyone really thinks Paterno stood by and knew Sandusky was having sex with countless children for 25+ years I think they are flat out nuts.

Donger
11-07-2011, 09:16 PM
This is off topic.

I wouldn't let my child spend the night at a 50 year old man's house and hopefully I'd be able to talk to my children and hear about their days to the point where when I heard about the creep putting his hands on my child's leg while driving or showering with him after "working out" enough would be enough.

Of course, again, these children came from shoddy backgrounds with no male figure in their lives, so once again...Donger...you're off topic here.

If anyone really thinks Paterno stood by and knew Sandusky was having sex with countless children for 25+ years I think they are flat out nuts.

You didn't answer the question, Hootie. Then again, I didn't expect or think you would.

Hootie
11-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Every.

Single.

Post.

Go ahead.

Link me to 25 posts that aren't in this thread that scream "I need attention" and maybe I'll see that you have a point.

Making false accusations and then backing them up with "every single post" is flat out idiotic.

I think all of your posts have homophobic undertones to them...every single one of them for the past 5 years. I think you might actually be gay. Do you and Dane have a yoga class together? You're a child rapist just like Dane, aren't you?

Dartgod is our very own Jerry Sandusky.

Hootie
11-07-2011, 09:17 PM
You didn't answer the question, Hootie. Then again, I didn't expect or think you would.

because it was a dumbass question

if I was present in my kids life I would not have had to worry about Jerry Sandusky because he didn't prey on kids with a male figure in their lives

anything else?

dirk digler
11-07-2011, 09:18 PM

You have too much faith in humanity. Go read about the Catholic church molestation scandals. They knew what was going on and tried to hide it

Donger
11-07-2011, 09:19 PM
because it was a dumbass question

if I was present in my kids life I would not have had to worry about Jerry Sandusky because he didn't prey on kids with a male figure in their lives

anything else?

Yes, I'm sure that you'll make a fabulous father.

It's pretty simple. You wrote this: "but it was never Joe Paterno's job to catch a predator..."

I was just curious whether or not you'd feel the same way if your son was being raped by some guy.

It seems pretty clear that you would not.

So, perhaps you should be a little more careful with you Hootieisms in the future.

Shogun
11-07-2011, 09:20 PM
I have Zero faith in humanity, FTR.

fuck you guys

not serious

kinda serious

wait wut

Shogun
11-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Also if Joepa knew anything about it he should most definitely lose his job