PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jordan Rodgers in three years?

SenselessChiefsFan
11-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Okay, a few years back, I wanted Jay Cutler to be the Chiefs QBOTF.

Then, I wanted Matt Ryan.

Then, Matt Stafford, or maybe even Josh Freeman.

Of course I would love to get Luck, but that isn't going to happen.

I just got through watching Jordan Rodgers and Vanderbilt play the Gators. The Commodores were robbed by a lack of a PI call late in the game.

But, that kid looks awesome. More athletic and a better arm than Luck. Doesn't have quite the 'touch' and accuracy that Luck has. But, he is going to the Harvard of the South. So, you know he is smart.

So, I am calling it now. I want the Chiefs to draft him in three years when he comes out.

Oh, and he is Aaron Rodgers brother.... not that it really matters, but I thought I would point it out.

Saul Good
11-05-2011, 02:04 PM
I like Russel Wilson an awful lot.

RealSNR
11-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Oof. Too bad. Our Patriot Way long-term schedule has us not extending Matt Cassel's contract that year. Unfortunately, we replace him by trading for Ryan Mallett.

Too bad. Try waiting another 28 years to draft a franchise QB in the first round. See if you have any better luck then.

RUSH
11-05-2011, 02:07 PM
He's a redshirt junior. He has to come out after next year.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-05-2011, 02:13 PM

Thanks for the info. I thought he was younger. I didn't realize that he had attended another college prior.

I wonder why he didn't go to a big time school to begin with.

Maybe I am missing something.

BossChief
11-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Marcus Vick is gonna be better than his brother. /some guy a few years ago

Dr. Gigglepants
11-05-2011, 02:22 PM
I like Russel Wilson an awful lot.

He's interesting, but isn't he a bit of a project? There is definitely potential, but I think stanzi has potential too.
Posted via Mobile Device

SenselessChiefsFan
11-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Oof. Too bad. Our Patriot Way long-term schedule has us not extending Matt Cassel's contract that year. Unfortunately, we replace him by trading for Ryan Mallett.

Too bad. Try waiting another 28 years to draft a franchise QB in the first round. See if you have any better luck then.

Wow...what a debbie downer.

I don't care if they draft a QB in the first round, unless there is one there that warrants the pick.

The only one that I remember in recent years is Freeman, and I was torn on him.

Perhaps I am missing someone.

The most recent guy I can remember that the Chiefs had a chance at was Aaron Rodgers. And, I didn't want him at the time. I thought the Chiefs had a chance to win short term and DJ was the best pick for that.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Marcus Vick is gonna be better than his brother. /some guy a few years ago

Now, I didn't say that Jordan would be better than Aaron. Just saying that after watching the game, I was impressed with this guy.

Saul Good
11-05-2011, 02:30 PM
He's interesting, but isn't he a bit of a project? There is definitely potential, but I think stanzi has potential too.
Posted via Mobile Device

He seems pretty polished to me. He reminds me of Andrew Luck last year.

HolmeZz
11-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Russell Wilson's not a serious NFL prospect. He's 5'11" and that might be generous. Contrary to his numbers this year, he's not a particularly accurate passer. Mediocre arm.

Jordan Rodgers is interesting though. He's been impressive since taking over.

MMXcalibur
11-05-2011, 02:46 PM
We're in the middle of the season and are in a three way tie for the division lead.
Naturally, we'd be discussing the Draft.

Saul Good
11-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Russell Wilson's not a serious NFL prospect. He's 5'11" and that might be generous. Contrary to his numbers this year, he's not a particularly accurate passer. Mediocre arm.

Jordan Rodgers is interesting though. He's been impressive since taking over.

I guess I didn't realize he was that short.

RealSNR
11-05-2011, 02:50 PM

Jordan Rodgers is interesting though. He's been impressive since taking over.Yeah. I know the Wisconsin defense played like shit the last two games, but he's clearly not the clutch master I and many others thought he was. Really disappointing.

SPATCH
11-05-2011, 02:52 PM
We're in the middle of the season and are in a three way tie for the division lead.

you do realize which BB you are on right now, don't you?

KCrockaholic
11-05-2011, 02:56 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9wB4hbP1lKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He looks pretty good on some of these. The thing that stands out to me about him is, he has good pocket presence, he's extremely fast, and looks to have solid ball placement.

Titty Meat
11-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Fuck off faggot

jd1020
11-05-2011, 03:00 PM

No.

RS gives someone 1 more year of eligibility. He's got 2 more years if he wants them, but most likely will come out after his senior year.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-05-2011, 06:11 PM

Hey, lets be clear.... I am discussing the draft at least two years from now.

Just saw a game with this guy and I thought he looked pretty good.

bevischief
11-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Can't hurt. We have Cassel.

RUSH
11-05-2011, 06:39 PM
No.

RS gives someone 1 more year of eligibility. He's got 2 more years if he wants them, but most likely will come out after his senior year.

Nope, you're wrong.

He's a redshirt junior, meaning he already used his redshirt. So he only has the rest of this year and next year left.

Easy 6
11-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Ehhh, it always seems like the kid brother is a pale imitation... Marcus Vick, Eddie Payton, Eli Manning & i'm sure theres more i'm forgetting.

Two physical marvels in the same family? not very often.

kysirsoze
11-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Ehhh, it always seems like the kid brother is a pale imitation... Marcus Vick, Eddie Payton, Eli Manning & i'm sure theres more i'm forgetting.

Williams sisters!

Easy 6
11-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Williams sisters!

:cuss:

SenselessChiefsFan
11-05-2011, 07:25 PM

Eli Manning is still a top QB in the league. I would take him over Cassel.

KCBOSS1
11-05-2011, 07:30 PM

Man, I hope you scenario is dead on..... but I would rather it happen in one or two years instead of 3

crossbow
11-05-2011, 07:38 PM
He looked good. Quick release, fast reads, tight spirals, mobile, and made accurate throws all over the field. I like what I saw. No way to know what the Chiefs draft will be like in two years but if he is in reach it would be nice to get him.

Also Baldwin would be starting to get hot by then so he would have lots of tragets to throw to.

Easy 6
11-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Eli Manning is still a top QB in the league. I would take him over Cassel.

Those two are basically mirror images of each other imo, neither has a definable, singular attribute that makes them stand out in a good way... but they do share the same average arm & same annual, sucky completion percentage.

I'll give Manning the edge because of his SB win, but theres really not much diff between them imo.

crossbow
11-05-2011, 07:45 PM
And another point... we would be using our 6th or 7th offensive coordinatior by then too so he would be learning a new offense with the rest of the team and could be equaly as confused as everyone else.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Those two are basically mirror images of each other imo, neither has a definable, singular attribute that makes them stand out in a good way... but they do share the same average arm & same annual, sucky completion percentage.

I'll give Manning the edge because of his SB win, but theres really not much diff between them imo.

I totally disagree.

Eli isn't 'great', but he is good. A top 10 QB, IMO. Cassel is a top 20 QB, IMO.

I figure Cassel is around 15-18. I figure that Eli is 7-10.

But, he obviously is second to his big brother.... and well below the HOF category.

Easy 6
11-05-2011, 08:17 PM
I totally disagree.

Eli isn't 'great', but he is good. A top 10 QB, IMO. Cassel is a top 20 QB, IMO.

But, he obviously is second to his big brother.... and well below the HOF category.

A quick look at nfl.com reveals you to be right, he's having a pretty good year.

Must be a personal bias, i've just never cared for his play.

Thig Lyfe
11-05-2011, 08:18 PM
I totally disagree.

Plz name the 14-17+ quarterbacks Cassel is somehow better than

SenselessChiefsFan
11-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Plz name the 14-17+ quarterbacks Cassel is somehow better than

Tebow/Orton
Palmer/Campbell
Gabbert
Jackson
Sanchez
Henne/Moore
McNabb/Ponder
Hasselbeck
Kolb
Grossman
Colt McCoy
Painter

And, you can argue that this year, he is better than Flacco, Freeman, Bradford, Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, and Tony Romo.

The reality is that over the last two years, he has been solidly around the middle of the pack. Not great, not horrible, just average to above average.

He had trouble adjusting to the team in 2009 and the Chiefs had very little talent. But, in 2010 and 2011, he has played much better than he gets credit for here. And, he looks better and better.

Cassel is 28-26 as a starter. Considering the 2009 team he got stuck with, it is a very respectable record.

I am not saying he is a top 5 guy, but he is better than most on this board realize.

FAX
11-05-2011, 09:45 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9wB4hbP1lKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He looks pretty good on some of these. The thing that stands out to me about him is, he has good pocket presence, he's extremely fast, and looks to have solid ball placement.

Good footwork, apparently. And it looks like he never incompletes a pass.

FAX

FAX
11-05-2011, 09:48 PM
After watching that awesome video thing, a question comes to mind.

You don't see too many NFL quarterbacks roll out these days. It's mainly straight drop-back passing. I read about how Stram invented the "moving pocket" with Lenny that helped them win a lot of games. I wonder why teams don't roll out much anymore?

FAX

SenselessChiefsFan
11-05-2011, 10:44 PM

You don't see too many NFL quarterbacks roll out these days. It's mainly straight drop-back passing. I read about how Stram invented the "moving pocket" with Lenny that helped them win a lot of games. I wonder why teams don't roll out much anymore?

FAX

Some do, but for the most part, the teams invest millions and millions of dollars in QB's. Rolling them out often gives the defense much more of a free shot on them.

jd1020
11-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Nope, you're wrong.

He's a redshirt junior, meaning he already used his redshirt. So he only has the rest of this year and next year left.

Then please explain how Luck, a rSr, could stay at Stanford for another year. You don't "use up" your redshirt year. Redshirting someone is removing them from competition for 1 whole year. They are only allowed to suit up and not play in competition. A player has 4 years of eligibility. 1 year of eligibility is used up if that player steps on the field 1 time during a game. If they don't step out on to that field they have, get this..., 4 years of eligibility left even though they were on the team.

milkman
11-06-2011, 06:08 AM

FAX

Some do, but for the most part, the teams invest millions and millions of dollars in QB's. Rolling them out often gives the defense much more of a free shot on them.

The moving pocket is not the same thing as the QB rolling out.

While Lenny did roll out in the moving pocket, the protection rolled out with him, hence the name.

The protection on the QBs rolling out today is not rolling with him.

They'll have a lineman or two move with him, but the Chiefs entire unit moved with Lenny.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-06-2011, 06:15 AM
The moving pocket is not the same thing as the QB rolling out.

While Lenny did roll out in the moving pocket, the protection rolled out with him, hence the name.

The protection on the QBs rolling out today is not rolling with him.

They'll have a lineman or two move with him, but the Chiefs entire unit moved with Lenny.

I will take your word for it. I didn't know the entire line moved with him.

Seems impractical. I have a ton to do this morning, but I look forward to looking it up later.

milkman
11-06-2011, 06:38 AM
I will take your word for it. I didn't know the entire line moved with him.

Seems impractical. I have a ton to do this morning, but I look forward to looking it up later.

I'm not sure I can describe this properly, but I'll do my best.

The primary reason that Stram created the moving pocket is that the O-Line, for that day and age, was huge compared to the other lines in the AFL and NFL.

But they were also fast and athletic, and combined with Dawson's mobility, Stram saw it as a way to create clear passing lanes for Dawson.

When Lenny rolled out, the line rolled with him, but at an angle.
It eliminated half the field as a target for Lenny, but he had a clear vision of the field on the half that he rolled to.

RUSH
11-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Then please explain how Luck, a rSr, could stay at Stanford for another year. You don't "use up" your redshirt year. Redshirting someone is removing them from competition for 1 whole year. They are only allowed to suit up and not play in competition. A player has 4 years of eligibility. 1 year of eligibility is used up if that player steps on the field 1 time during a game. If they don't step out on to that field they have, get this..., 4 years of eligibility left even though they were on the team.

Really? You can't just google this instead of talking out of your ass?

First, Luck is a redshirt junior just like Rodgers is. He is not a RS Senior like you say. Academically, he's a senior.

Luck redshirted his first year on campus so that means he had 4 years of eligibility left after that redshirt year. He has started the next 3 years and has 1 year eligibility left if he wants it, but everyone knows that this is his last year.

As for Rodgers, he played 2 years at a junior college which uses up 2 years of eligibility. He then redshirted at Vandy in 2010 due to a shoulder injury. So therefore he has two years of eligilbility left, this current season and next season.

http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rodgers_jordan00.html

You're wrong.

Saul Good
11-06-2011, 09:18 AM

Please stop being stupid.