PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Gameday menu,need some tips on a side

Nzoner
11-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Having ribeyes today in the gameroom and I'm in the process of getting somewhat creative for my guests with no recipe to follow.

So far for a potato side I've cut up 8 previously baked potatoes(skin on) and added green onion,a 3/4 stick of butter,some cut up american cheese,salt and pepper.

My question is I'm thinking of adding some other things and would like to see what others think.The list below is what I'm thinking and I know we have some hellacious cooks here so your thoughts please.

Sour cream
Ranch dressing
Cheddar cheese
Cayene pepper

DeezNutz
11-06-2011, 09:00 AM
No to the ranch. Beyond this, mix those bad boys up and throw 'em back in the oven for twice baked.

Bugeater
11-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Bacon dude. Lots of bacon.

Nzoner
11-06-2011, 09:08 AM
No to the ranch. Beyond this, mix those bad boys up and throw 'em back in the oven for twice baked.

This is what I was thinking but mrs Nzoner despises sour cream even though I told her she's eaten other dishes with sour cream baked in.

Nzoner
11-06-2011, 09:09 AM

Believe me thought of this but don't have any not even bacon bits.

BTW,did Lynn talk to you about coming down for MNF on the 21st?

Buehler445
11-06-2011, 09:11 AM

This.

Leave the Ranch out. Ranch is for pussies.

You could throw in a can of corn for some depth, and so your guests know when they poop it out.

I'm a pretty ginormous fan of cheese too.

Bacon, corn, cheese. Money!

jspchief
Mix the ranch with the sour cream to weaken the ranch flavoring. You don't want it to overpower the dish.

lcarus

That's the answer to everything in life isn't it

Saul Good
11-06-2011, 09:13 AM
gravy

Bugeater
11-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Believe me thought of this but don't have any not even bacon bits.

BTW,did Lynn talk to you about coming down for MNF on the 21st?
Yeah, it's going to be tough for me to take any time off since that's already a short week, we'd almost have to drive down and come back home the same night, although that's a little more doable now that I-29 is open again. Plus I'm on call that week so I'm going to have to find someone to cover me.

So I guess what I'm saying is I'm thinking about it, but I haven't decided yet.

Now get your ass to the store and buy some bacon. :)

Nzoner
11-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Mix the ranch with the sour cream to weaken the ranch flavoring. You don't want it to overpower the dish.

I like this idea,then a few minutes before serving I'll cover the top with cheddar and sprinkle some cayene and put back in oven till cheese melts.

Nzoner
11-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Yeah, it's going to be tough for me to take any time off since that's already a short week, we'd almost have to drive down and come back home the same night, although that's a little more doable now that I-29 is open again. Plus I'm on call that week so I'm going to have to find someone to cover me.

So I guess what I'm saying is I'm thinking about it, but I haven't decided yet.

Now get your ass to the store and buy some bacon. :)

Yeah,Thanksgiving week is usually a bitch at work for me too but with it being our company's 21st birthday party and Nov 21st being the Chiefs on MNF,it worked out great to host the event at a local sports bar.

Simply Red
11-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Zoner,

If they're using bacon on Skins or something, and they're starting w/ actual bacon (raw) - have them sprinkle w/ sugar or sugar in the raw PRIOR to baking. You have to finger press the granules into the bacon, but semi-candied bacon is phenomenal - even in salads.

KChiefer
11-06-2011, 11:44 AM
We mix cream cheese, sour cream and a dry ranch packet to make a vegetable dip/spread.

Also, if someone hates sour cream, just take a serving or two out for them before you mix in sour cream and bake it separately. We do that with bacon since my sister's a PITA.

Simply Red
11-06-2011, 11:47 AM
We do that with bacon since my sister's a PITA.

This will not end well.

chasedude
11-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Zoner,

If they're using bacon on Skins or something, and they're starting w/ actual bacon (raw) - have them sprinkle w/ sugar or sugar in the raw PRIOR to baking. You have to finger press the granules into the bacon, but semi-candied bacon is phenomenal - even in salads.

That's sound awesome, I gotta try that sometime. :thumb: