PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs A few early observations from todays game.

Oh Snap
11-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Defense: Looks tired. I think the chargers game drained them. Also, the lack of pass rush is a srs issue facing this team. We need more pressure opposite of Hali. I know Crennel knows what he's doing far better than any of us...However, more blitzes would be nice. We only blitzed the chargers 4x the entire game. Hali is a beast, but we do need to get more pressure.

Also, turnovers have been a strength thus far for us in our 4 game win streak. I feel that that kinda hid some of the ineptitude of our defense. Matt ****ing Moore CANNOT pick us apart like he has! Crennels defense needs to make the adjustments.

Offense: This is a game where the offense needs to break out. We have the weapons, we need to take advantage of a HORRID dolphins pass defense. Now, I can't blame this solely on cassel, Meir needs to do a better job with his play selections. The main issue with this team thus far has been adjustments. It seems to be a rather painful process for this team.

Being more aggressive is necessary. We saw how well the chiefs responded in OT last week. Even in our scoring drives last week, it had to do with the aggressive nature of the offensive play calling (as well as with the execution.) With the dolphins secondary being absolutely shitty, there is no reason why DBowe, Breaston, and Baldwin cannot dominate! Lets get these guys the ball more.

Now, we're down 14-3. I was a bit worried about this game going in..I thought it would be a trap game. Thus far, its looking like it is. What we need right now is a long sustained scoring drive that results in a TD. This game is a LONG ways from being over. However, if we keep playing with our heads up our ass, we will lose to the winless dolphins.

Arrowhead is fairly quite sounding on TV. Normally I can't hear the QBs cadence. I know this isn't a fun game...but I thought it would have been more rowdy than this! It seems Arrowhead might be a bit hungover like the rest of the team.

prhom
11-06-2011, 01:07 PM
The biggest difference in this game that I see is we have zero pass rush and zero turnovers. Those two things are connected as well. Moore isn't going to throw interceptions as comfortable as he is back there.

Oh Snap
11-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Exactly pr. You cannot give ANY QB time to go through his reads in this league.

Its hard to maintain this sort of momentum that we've had for the past 4 weeks. I do expect a let down, just not to the winless dolphins. These are the games that we HAVE to win.

Molitoth
11-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Hali has been double teamed the whole game. How we haven't compensated for this is beyond me.

FAX
11-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Hali has been double teamed the whole game. How we haven't compensated for this is beyond me.

Romeo thinks it's cool to tie up two blockers with him.

FAX

Ming the Merciless
11-06-2011, 01:17 PM

we have no one esle willing to step up i guess...sad...if we just had one other pass rusher we would be in such great shape IMO

Deberg_1990
11-06-2011, 01:19 PM
we have no one esle willing to step up i guess...sad...if we just had one other pass rusher we would be in such great shape IMO

we have two top 5 draft picks who are basically statues when it comes to rushing the passer. thats whats sad.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2011, 01:19 PM
We are in a world of shit. What the fuck happened to our OL.

Oh Snap
11-06-2011, 01:21 PM
We need to blitz more. Look at the fins...they've blitzed the hell out of us with great results!

prhom
11-06-2011, 01:24 PM
We need to blitz more. Look at the fins...they've blitzed the hell out of us with great results!

Yep, I don't think we'd have gotten torched anymore than we did if we'd blitzed each play on the three-play TD drive.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-06-2011, 01:27 PM
The team is just unprepared. I don't wanna hear the it was an emotional win last week, short week blah blah. This is the NFL. If you're to be taken seriously you win these games against winless teams. It's just obvious that this team lacks leadership.

Priest31kc
11-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Stunned how badly the OL is playing. If they can play like they have most of the year, then we can get back in it. I think the D will stiffen up...I hope.

1ChiefsDan
11-06-2011, 01:30 PM
We are in a world of shit. What the **** happened to our OL.This. Looks like O line went on vacation this week.

MMXcalibur
11-06-2011, 01:31 PM
The biggest difference in the game is the Dolphins are getting pressure on Cassel and the Chiefs are providing free drinks and cable service for Moore in the pocket.

Oh Snap
11-06-2011, 01:32 PM
The team is just unprepared. I don't wanna hear the it was an emotional win last week, short week blah blah. This is the NFL. If you're to be taken seriously you win these games against winless teams. It's just obvious that this team lacks leadership.

Unprepared is a good call. Looks like we've been looking over the fins so far. However, we can get back into this. This game is not over, not close. If the D stiffens up, the Offense starts airing it out, we should be fine.

Right now, we have ZERO sacks...Now I know Crennel is a good DC. But rushing with 3 or 4 players is not working we need to blitz the hell out of Moore! Make it uncomfortable for him, and he will make mistakes.

jspchief
11-06-2011, 01:33 PM

No he hasn't

Sent from my ADR6350

Smed1065
11-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Nice. Time to go to work.

BigChiefFan
11-06-2011, 01:40 PM
we have two top 5 draft picks who are basically statues when it comes to rushing the passer. thats whats sad.They sure haven't lived up to their billings. I'm still disappointed we passed on Raji to draft Tyson Jackson. What an utter mistake.

Dorsey is damn good in run support, but you're right, he's not much of a pass-rusher as a DE.

Oh Snap
11-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Why are we running outside with Battle?

Hes a downhill runner for christsake! Muir is dumb as shit! Thats a McCluster play.

The OL looks terrible too. 5 sacks? Pitiful...

TEX
11-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Saw this one coming - though I thought KC could at least compete... F*CKING LOSERS!