PDA

View Full Version : Computers How is SureWest in OP?

Silock
11-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Reliable for internet?

How is the picture quality for television? Is their DVR any good?

Was debating on whether or not to go with SureWest for just internet (and DirecTV for television) or the whole package? If I sign up for the whole thing, I can get a $500 gift card, which would put a nice dent in Christmas shopping.

kcfan82
11-06-2011, 10:02 PM
I like it, it's pretty much on par with Time Warner...

I've used both and AT&T.

ArrowheadMagic
11-06-2011, 10:06 PM
As good as TW.

Silock
11-06-2011, 10:27 PM
That's not very reassuring. I've heard TW blows ass.

journeyscarab
11-06-2011, 10:34 PM
I think their great. We've had them since they were Everest and came to town. DVRs are fine. Pictures great. Tons of HD channels. I only wish they carried Metro Sports. Great customer service too.

ArrowheadMagic
11-06-2011, 10:56 PM
That's not very reassuring. I've heard TW blows ass.

Its cable TV, expecting a reach around? Which one has more of the channels you want? Its the same fucking thing as all cable carriers. LOL,,,, what can a cable carrier do that no one has ever thought of doing?

Silock
11-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Its cable TV, expecting a reach around? Which one has more of the channels you want? Its the same fucking thing as all cable carriers. LOL,,,, what can a cable carrier do that no one has ever thought of doing?

They aren't all created equal. It's not necessarily the amount of channels offered. A friend of mine has ATT in OP and it's always lagging, or even going out completely. The DVR is slow and the picture quality isn't great.

I have Comcast right now, and aside from my personal gripe with their DVR not being able to record more than 2 programs at once, I have zero issues with it. But, Comcast isn't available at my new house.

ArrowheadMagic
11-06-2011, 11:13 PM
They aren't all created equal. It's not necessarily the amount of channels offered. A friend of mine has ATT in OP and it's always lagging, or even going out completely. The DVR is slow and the picture quality isn't great.

I have Comcast right now, and aside from my personal gripe with their DVR not being able to record more than 2 programs at once, I have zero issues with it. But, Comcast isn't available at my new house.

Have had no issues withe either TW or Everest. Both have same HD quality, DVR quality. Everest has NFL network. Perhaps a personal preference, but both are equal in terms of quality.

kcfan82
11-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Like AM said, I haven't had issues or outages with any of the three. I have a friend that lives downtown that has had nothing but issues with TW but so is the entire building.

It really depends on where you live.

I loved AT&T, but it's not worth the price which is higher than TW or Surewest.