PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Apparently, McGraw is our MVP

MahiMike
11-07-2011, 01:57 PM
I pointed this out last week and was laughed at. Let it continue I guess.

But every since McGraw got hurt, our defense has been awful. San Diego was being shut down until he got hurt. As soon as he went out, Rivers started his comeback.

Yesterday, it was obvious Miami targeted his replacements in throwing 2 TDs to a TE that had 12 catches the whole year prior to Sunday. The affects spread to the WRs when Flowers was burned several times. Flowers, the best player on D this year, struggled. That has to have something to do with changes to the safety position.

I know everyone loves to bust McGraw almost as much as Cassel. But there has to be a reason he's 1st string. And the play of the D since he went out is obviously worse.

BoneKrusher
11-07-2011, 02:00 PM
i dont think McGraw's injury has anything to do with the Defense sucking.

my guess is the team is young they dont know how to handle sucess. (4 wins in a row)

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2011, 02:02 PM
:popcorn:

Nightfyre
11-07-2011, 02:05 PM
The safety position is probably amongst the most important, schematically, for Romeo Crennel's defense. So yes, having someone who is competent and familiar with the scheme is important.

Easy 6
11-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Dude

58-4ever
11-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Well he is definitley 1000 trillion billion times better than Jersey Shore

Carlota69
11-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Funny considering the team thinks hes valuable and missed,
but what do they know?

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/06/3251971/chiefs-chances-arent-good-if-secondary.html

Privately, the team’s defensive backs say that veteran safety Jon McGraw is one of the team’s more underrated players. He has never reached a Pro Bowl, and at least among some fans, he is seen as a harsh step down from Berry and Lewis. But McGraw’s teammates believe that his experience and calmness are necessary to a unit packed with youngsters.

ModSocks
11-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I also said that McGraw would be missed in the secondary.

(Pats self on back)

I also said the Donks would beat the raiders.

(toots own horn)

BossChief
11-07-2011, 03:04 PM
If McGraw was faster, he could be a damn good player...but he isn't.

He is a heady safety in the mold of Sammy Knight, but maybe even slower.

Jon obviously has value to our defense, but he is always a liability when he is on the field as well.

ModSocks
11-07-2011, 03:05 PM

The Dolphin's Sammy Knight or the Chiefs Sammy Knight?

No one is slower than the Chief's Sammy Knight.

Akron's#1ChiefsFan
11-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I've been busting McGraw's chops for years, since he was in a NYJ uniform. He's not a sure tackler, he isn't fast, and he bites on fakes of all kinds. Still, it's hard to deny that given the current state of the Chiefs secondary he is an asset. This isn't a deep team, and they aren't very experienced. Having McGraw out there would be better than not having him.

Easy 6
11-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I've been busting McGraw's chops for years, since he was in a NYJ uniform. He's not a sure tackler, he isn't fast, and he bites on fakes of all kinds. Still, it's hard to deny that given the current state of the Chiefs secondary he is an asset. This isn't a deep team, and they aren't very experienced. Having McGraw out there would be better than not having him.

Every word true.

Pants
11-07-2011, 03:16 PM

Jon obviously has value to our defense, but he is always a liability when he is on the field as well.

Jon also takes bad angles at times and gets juked rather easily. We've all seen the missed tackles in the gif threads past and present.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2011, 03:31 PM
McGraw did have his best game as a pro that i've seen against the Chargers.

It's really too bad that he is soooooooo dam slow. If you gave McGraw speed like Washington he would be a find safety.

McGraw = slow
Washington = dumbass

WTB a complete safety

Fish
11-07-2011, 04:01 PM
I pointed this out last week and was laughed at. Let it continue I guess.

But every since McGraw got hurt, our defense has been awful. San Diego was being shut down until he got hurt. As soon as he went out, Rivers started his comeback.

Yesterday, it was obvious Miami targeted his replacements in throwing 2 TDs to a TE that had 12 catches the whole year prior to Sunday. The affects spread to the WRs when Flowers was burned several times. Flowers, the best player on D this year, struggled. That has to have something to do with changes to the safety position.

I know everyone loves to bust McGraw almost as much as Cassel. But there has to be a reason he's 1st string. And the play of the D since he went out is obviously worse.

There is a reason he's 1st string. It's because the real first stringer got injured, and we had piss poor depth at the position. McGraw was the best of the shit leftover. He's still shit.

donkhater
11-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Jon isn't MVP. He's just competent enough to be on the roster and play occasionally. He just seems that he is because the competency at safety falls off the cliff when you look at the depth chart behind him.

Fritz88
11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
He's the best we have.

He can make big plays (forced fumbles, interceptions and stopping some runs) but can fuck you big time as well.

RealSNR
11-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Wasn't Rashard Langford having a lot of success before we cut him?

lcarus
11-07-2011, 05:04 PM

He didn't bite on the flea flicker that was run against us by...I forgot who. But he was all over it.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-07-2011, 11:21 PM
I know everyone loves to bust McGraw almost as much as Cassel. But there has to be a reason he's 1st string.

Yeah, there has to be a reason. I wish we could think of it.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2010/12/eric-berry-chiefs200.jpg

Hammock Parties
11-07-2011, 11:25 PM
San Diego was being shut down until he got hurt.

Rivers had about 70 yards passing after McGraw went out.

He had about 300 yards passing before McGraw went out.

Shut down!

Hammock Parties
11-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Rivers targeted McGraw 5 times for 82 yards in that game. He had the worst coverage rating in the game out of the entire Chiefs' defense. He missed more tackles than anyone else.

McGraw is the key to our defensive success.

MoreLemonPledge
11-07-2011, 11:50 PM
I SAW MCGRAW DRINKING AN APPLETINI AT MISSY B'S THE NIGHT BEFORE THE GAME CHIEFS PLAYERS SHOULDN'T BE DOING THIS

aturnis
11-07-2011, 11:55 PM
there has to be a reason he's 1st string.

There is... Berry blew out his ACL.

TinyEvel
11-08-2011, 12:00 AM
He didn't bite on the flea flicker that was run against us by...I forgot who. But he was all over it.

I'm sure he did bite, but was so slow to react and change direction that it looked like he just stayed deep.

RealSNR
11-08-2011, 12:46 AM
World population is growing since Steve Jobs died.

Clearly his death means that humanity can now thrive!

Oh Snap
11-08-2011, 01:23 AM
i dont think McGraw's injury has anything to do with the Defense sucking.

my guess is the team is young they dont know how to handle sucess. (4 wins in a row)

I wish it were that easy...but many of these players come from big name schools that breed success. They're used to winning. I think the game against the fish was a hangover from the MNF game. The team expected the fish to simply be a gimme, and it showed by how godawful we looked. I blame the FO and entire coaching staff, as well as the players for last sundays letdown.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-08-2011, 07:12 AM
I'v always known Mcgraw is underrated. He's always aroun d the ball and is probably the best fundamental tackler in the NFL.

Rausch
11-08-2011, 07:15 AM
Perhaps it's just that going 3 or 4 deep on the depth chart is less than desirable...

MahiMike
11-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Rivers had about 70 yards passing after McGraw went out.

He had about 300 yards passing before McGraw went out.

Shut down!

And how many points?

movinbones
11-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Washington was directly responsible for first 2 touchdowns... Of course are D line getting dominated didn't help hide him either

He was out of position all day. When he was in the right spot on 2 occasions he batted 1 ball down and the other one he was late to react to the ball.

I never thought I would say it but McGraw is missed and deserves more credit than I have ever given him.

It also hurt that Arenas was out too!

angelo
11-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Washington was directly responsible for first 2 touchdowns... Of course are D line getting dominated didn't help hide him either

He was out of position all day. When he was in the right spot on 2 occasions he batted 1 ball down and the other one he was late to react to the ball.

I never thought I would say it but McGraw is missed and deserves more credit than I have ever given him.

It also hurt that Arenas was out too!

This plus McGraw out and Kendrick Lewis dinged up chilled me to the bone.

Ang

Frosty
11-08-2011, 08:10 AM
No one is slower than the Chief's Sammy Knight.

The Chiefs' Mike Brown?

stevieray
11-08-2011, 08:27 AM
He's not slow...that's a myth...coming out of college, his forty time was within a tenth of a second of...wait for it...Eric Berry.