PDA

View Full Version : Football The Patriots have released DT Albert Haynesworth

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
judybattistaJudy Battista

!!!!! RT @RapSheet: BREAKING: The Patriots have released DT Albert Haynesworth, I'm reporting. Wow.

Bucs claim Albert Haynesworth off waivers
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 9, 2011, 4:23 PM EST
Albert Haynesworth

Pants
11-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Bring him in for a look.

Bugeater
11-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Can he play QB?

gta0012
11-08-2011, 01:01 PM
idk he has been fat and useless and gives up on every team he has been on so far

Okie_Apparition
11-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Donte Stalworth doesn't get a thread
the disrespect is infuriating

Gonzo
11-08-2011, 01:02 PM
RT Maybe?

bevischief
11-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Can he play safety?

gta0012
11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
RT Maybe?

We could put him at RT and his fat ass could just stand there and possibly do a better job.

gblowfish
11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
A Raider in 3....2....1....

MoreLemonPledge
11-08-2011, 01:14 PM
No.

HotRoute
11-08-2011, 01:19 PM
For the love of god no

Caseyguyrr
11-08-2011, 01:20 PM
wow that didnt take very long

Sofa King
11-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Those amazing trades the Pats did in the offseason aren't looking so good now.

Caseyguyrr
11-08-2011, 01:24 PM

ESPN did a masterful job of overhyping this team. Their defense it fucking terrible

Amnorix
11-08-2011, 01:24 PM

No question the Pats ahve a talent deficit on defense. Years of bad drafting, especially in the secondary, are catching up big time. Very frustrating.

Rasputin
11-08-2011, 01:29 PM
No question the Pats ahve a talent deficit on defense. Years of bad drafting, especially in the secondary, are catching up big time. Very frustrating.

YOur frustrated? & YOur AV shows three Lambardi trophies. YOur frustrated. I think the word Chiefs fans use is FLUSTRATED.

FAX
11-08-2011, 01:31 PM
What a worthless turd.

FAX

Caseyguyrr
11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
YOur frustrated? & YOur AV shows three Lambardi trophies. YOur frustrated. I think the word Chiefs fans use is FLUSTRATED.

or comtempt

Sofa King
11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
What a worthless turd.

FAX

Who was that directed at? Just for reference.

HemiEd
11-08-2011, 01:33 PM

It has been said many times, but Brady is the genius maker on that team. Even he looked average last Sunday.

HemiEd
11-08-2011, 01:33 PM

Just a guess, but maybe Albert Haynesworth?

Sofa King
11-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Just a guess, but maybe Albert Haynesworth?

Nah. I don't think so.

Brock
11-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Have the Pats used up all of those 1st rounders they swindled that senile old fool out of?

FAX
11-08-2011, 01:35 PM

It's kind of a Sudoku deal. You can just fit it anywhere that it works for you.

FAX

DonkyPuncher
11-08-2011, 01:35 PM
He hasn't had a good year since he left the Titans, just another over paid dirtbag and no that is not racist!

Renegade
11-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Can he play safety?

Haynesworth = Piscitelli :thumb:

Kerberos
11-08-2011, 01:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/08/patriots-avoid-big-bonus-money-by-cutting-haynesworth-now/

Patriots avoid big bonus money by cutting Haynesworth now
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 8, 2011, 2:36 PM EST
New York Giants v New England Patriots Getty Images

The Albert Haynesworth experiment in New England clearly wasn’t working. Bill Belichick decided to cut his losses Tuesday before Haynesworth became any more expensive.

When Haynesworth joined the Patriots, he took a pay cut in base salary from $5.4 million to $1.5 million. He had the chance to make that money back in playing time incentives.

He won’t make any of the money back now.

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reported in August that Haynesworth would have received a $1 million bonus if he played in 20% of the team’s snaps for the year. Almost $3 million more was available if he reached playing time incentives beyond that.

None of that money should be paid to Haynesworth. Using snap counts from ESPNBoston.com’s Mike Reiss, Haynesworth has played roughly 30% of the team’s snaps during the first nine games. Cutting Haynesworth now should allow the Patriots to avoid any further payment because that percentage should dip below 20% by year’s end.

Haynesworth will be subject to waivers, but we’d be shocked if any team claimed him.

In the end, the Patriots wasted a fifth-round pick (in 2013), $1.5 million, and way too much time and energy on Haynesworth.

Let’s not pretend, however, that this was a financial move. If Haynesworth was playing well, the Patriots would gladly pay him all the money.

He wasn’t playing well at all, which means Haynesworth will go down as yet another recent failed defensive personnel move by Bill Belichick.

alpha_omega
11-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Surprised it took this long.

Okie_Apparition
11-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Head coaches getting too much say in personnel decisions seems to always lead to disaster. Another reason Cowher should be avoided at all costs. If it can happen to BB..

vailpass
11-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Fat Albert has been stealing money for a while now.

WV
11-08-2011, 02:04 PM
What a complete waste of talent. There was virtually no one that could handle him when he actually wanted to be dominant. He's rich though, so there is that. Wonder if he and Vick have the same agent? Thieves!

Deberg_1990
11-08-2011, 02:06 PM

The Patriots missing Pioli and Dimitroff? Hmmmmmmmmm

Sofa King
11-08-2011, 02:13 PM
It's kind of a Sudoku deal. You can just fit it anywhere that it works for you.

FAX

Is it ok if i just direct it at Haynesworth then? I think he's the obvious choice but i wanted to double check.

the Talking Can
11-08-2011, 02:15 PM
patriots are getting desperate

bad draft picks lead to risky FA pickups lead to worthless piece of crap and bad defense....

HemiEd
11-08-2011, 02:18 PM

bad draft picks lead to risky FA pickups lead to worthless piece of crap and bad defense....

We all know how that deal works out.

BoneKrusher
11-08-2011, 02:19 PM
ya, bring him in the Chiefs could use a waterboy.

bevischief
11-08-2011, 02:22 PM
The Raiders or Donkeys will claim him...

ChiTown
11-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Did he died?

Easy 6
11-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I'd bet he doesnt get a single offer from anyone, even the fade probably wont be that stupid so soon after being so stupid.

The floaters getting flushed.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Shocking news I tell ya.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-08-2011, 03:52 PM
The Raiders or Donkeys will claim him...

BlowMo and G8yders would suck him off something fierce.

warpaint*
11-08-2011, 03:59 PM
This was...predictable.

JD10367
11-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Surprised he went before Ocho, who's doing even less.

Micjones
11-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Surprised he went before Ocho, who's doing even less.

I knew he wasn't performing well, but 9 stinking catches?
WOW.

Iconic
11-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Ocho fucking sucks. T.O with a fucked up leg > Ocho

Hammock Parties
11-08-2011, 05:38 PM
I picked Haynesworth in the sandbox league. LMAO

TheSourceX1
11-08-2011, 06:09 PM
It looks like he's done ... he got manhandled in the Giants game.

from:boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/11/after_giants_ga.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

against the Giants, after he drew a holding call with 14:10 left in the second quarter, Haynesworth put together three of the worst plays you will see out of an NFL defensive tackle.

With 14:01 left, Haynesworth was easily thrown to the ground by Giants guard Chris Snee with one arm.

With 13:59 left, Snee easily pancaked Haynesworth when he stopped moving his feet – a cardinal sin for a defensive lineman.

And then on third down, Haynesworth was again thrown to the ground after he stopped moving his feet, this time by left guard David Diehl, who other Patriots regularly beat in that game.

crossbow
11-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Stupid fools could have gotten Ryan Sims instead. What a bunch of losers.

Caseyguyrr
11-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Stupid fools could have gotten Ryan Sims instead. What a bunch of losers.

naw, Junior Siavii, he's a lock

BossChief
11-08-2011, 06:56 PM

and at the same time our team is loading up on talent through the last two drafts.

How much longer till that book is closed?

BossChief
11-08-2011, 06:56 PM
naw, Junior Siavii, he's a lock

different draft

HoneyBadger
11-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Haynesworth>Tebow

whoman69
11-08-2011, 07:19 PM
must have taken a lot of fiber to get rid of that turd

scho63
11-08-2011, 07:23 PM
How much guaranteed money did this bust of a player receive? He may be a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf or Tony Mandarich in terms of dollars and what teams wasted on him.

O.city
11-08-2011, 07:28 PM
The Patriot way seems to be eroding at about the speed of the Roman empire. When Brady went down a few years ago they had enough talent to still win 11. He goes down right now and I'm not sure they are better than the Colts.

shocked
11-08-2011, 07:37 PM
hmmmm...

I can't help but question the complete and utter dismissal of the Patriots drafts picks; as if the team started picking crap players since Pioli joining the Chiefs. I'm not even counting 2011 cause it's too early obviously (Nate Solder looks good though), but in '09 and '10 the Pats nabbed....

Patrick Chung
Sebastian Vollmer
Devin McCourty
Rob Gronkowski
Brandon Spikes
Aaron Hernandez

Those aren't bad picks by any stretch. In fact, they are pretty good. I'd wager that if you ranked teams by draft since 09, the Pats would be in the top 10 for sure.

They are struggling on D, but I'd suggest - that since 2009 - it has way, way more to do with the loss/release of some notable veterans like....

Richard Seymour
Ty Warren
Mike Vrabel
Tedy Bruschi
Junior Seau
Roosevelt Colvin
Adalius Thomas
Rodney Harrison
Brandon Merriweather
Ellis Hobbs

With the exception of Vince Wilfork, that list was pretty much their entire starting line-up prior to 2009. Overrated? Old? Whatever. That's a pretty huge transition over the past 2 years. They are going to struggle.

O.city
11-08-2011, 07:40 PM
hmmmm...

I can't help but question the complete and utter dismissal of the Patriots drafts picks; as if the team started picking crap players since Pioli joining the Chiefs. I'm not even counting 2011 cause it's too early obviously (Nate Solder looks good though), but in '09 and '10 the Pats nabbed....

Patrick Chung
Sebastian Vollmer
Devin McCourty
Rob Gronkowski
Brandon Spikes
Aaron Hernandez

Those aren't bad picks by any stretch. In fact, they are pretty good. I'd wager that if you ranked teams by draft since 09, the Pats would be in the top 10 for sure.

They are struggling on D, but I'd suggest - that since 2009 - it has way, way more to do with the loss/release of some notable veterans like....

Richard Seymour
Ty Warren
Mike Vrabel
Tedy Bruschi
Junior Seau
Roosevelt Colvin
Adalius Thomas
Rodney Harrison
Brandon Merriweather
Ellis Hobbs

With the exception of Vince Wilfork, that list was pretty much their entire starting line-up prior to 2009. Overrated? Old? Whatever. That's a pretty huge transition over the past 2 years. They are going to struggle.

Their vets got old and they did a piss poor job trying to replace them. Belicheck tried to show everyone he was smarter than them by jumping around in the draft and taking guys he shouldn't have been.

shocked
11-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Their vets got old and they did a piss poor job trying to replace them. Belicheck tried to show everyone he was smarter than them by jumping around in the draft and taking guys he shouldn't have been.

So, how again are the following guy piss poor players that shouldn't have been taken? Again, they've had downright good drafts in the past few years...

Patrick Chung
Sebastian Vollmer
Devin McCourty
Rob Gronkowski
Brandon Spikes
Aaron Hernandez

Brock
11-08-2011, 07:54 PM
I don't think they're drafting any worse than they were before.

shocked
11-08-2011, 07:57 PM
I don't think they're drafting any worse than they were before.

Agreed.

Unless you're somehow implying that their drafts have always been bad.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2011, 07:58 PM

I remember going rounds with you about Meriweather and other members of that draft class.

It's simply astonishing that a team can whiff on that many picks. Just think if Belichick had compiled those picks in just one year and moved up into the mid to high first for a couple of impact players (Yes, he could have simply stood pat as well for the likes of Clay Matthews).

O.city
11-08-2011, 07:58 PM
So, how again are the following guy piss poor players that shouldn't have been taken? Again, they've had downright good drafts in the past few years...

Patrick Chung
Sebastian Vollmer
Devin McCourty
Rob Gronkowski
Brandon Spikes
Aaron Hernandez

There are what 3 defensive players on that list. Two dbacks. Those two are young and IMO aren't great. A slow LB that was drafted 2 rounds later than projected cause he can't run. Mayo was a great pick but I haven't heard much from him lately.

Two TE's, one that can't stay healthy, and one that is a good red zone guy but not athletic enough to be a factor outside of that.

Brock
11-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Agreed.

Unless you're somehow implying that their drafts have always been bad.

Pretty average, IMO.

shocked
11-08-2011, 08:04 PM
There are what 3 defensive players on that list. Two dbacks. Those two are young and IMO aren't great. A slow LB that was drafted 2 rounds later than projected cause he can't run. Mayo was a great pick but I haven't heard much from him lately.

Two TE's, one that can't stay healthy, and one that is a good red zone guy but not athletic enough to be a factor outside of that.

Wow, you suck pretty hard at following football if you think Rob Gronkowski somehow isn't a factor outside outside of the red zone.

O.city
11-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Wow, you suck pretty hard at following football if you think Rob Gronkowski somehow isn't a factor outside outside of the red zone.

I don't follow the Pats very hardcore, but TE is evolving and I just don't think he is athletic enough. Just my opinion.

shocked
11-08-2011, 08:12 PM
I don't follow the Pats very hardcore, but TE is evolving and I just don't think he is athletic enough. Just my opinion.

He's ranked 9th in receptions among all players (yes, WRs too) and 14th in yards (yes among WRs too) and tied for 2nd in TDs among all players (yes, WRs too).

Even a casual football fan could tell you that Gronkowski is a beast and is having an All Pro year.

listopencil
11-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I released a haynsworth earlier today. I made sure I wiped my haley afterwards.

O.city
11-08-2011, 08:34 PM
He's ranked 9th in receptions among all players (yes, WRs too) and 14th in yards (yes among WRs too) and tied for 2nd in TDs among all players (yes, WRs too).

Even a casual football fan could tell you that Gronkowski is a beast and is having an All Pro year.

Couple things tho. Who the hell else on that team outside of Welker is Brady gonna throw it too. The fact that Brady threw it to Gronkowski 4 straight times in the redzone says something.

I think he is a really good TE, just stating I don't think he is in the Finley, Pettigrew class athletically.

Backwards Masking
11-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Haynesworth might go down as one of the Greatest All Time Players to bend an owner over and take him for all he's worth in return for as little production as humanly possible.

Judge his character and football abilities all you want. He's one hell of businessman.

O.city
11-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Haynesworth might go down as one of the Greatest All Time Players to bend an owner over and take him for all he's worth in return for as little production as humanly possible.

Judge his character and football abilities all you want. He's one hell of businessman.

Hadn't thought of it that way but yeah. He's the Bernie Madoff of the NFL.

shocked
11-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Couple things tho. Who the hell else on that team outside of Welker is Brady gonna throw it too. The fact that Brady threw it to Gronkowski 4 straight times in the redzone says something.

I think he is a really good TE, just stating I don't think he is in the Finley, Pettigrew class athletically.

Ok, either you're pulling my leg or you are just flat out clueless...

Kerberos
11-09-2011, 04:41 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/09/bucs-claim-albert-haynesworth-off-waivers/

Albert Haynesworth

Bucs coach Raheem Morris has talked all year about building a “Youngry” defense full of young and hungry players.

At least Albert Haynesworth has half of that equation down.

The Bucs surprisingly claimed Haynesworth off waivers Wednesday, as first reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter. They will take the rest of his contract he signed with New England.

Tampa just lost Gerald McCoy for the season, but this is still a surprising move. (Even if Alper called it yesterday.) Haynesworth has been ordinary on the field this year, and it sounds like he wasn’t giving much effort in New England.

The Bucs tried to sign Haynesworth two years ago, but the Redskins outbid them. While he’s cheaper now, Haynesworth just doesn’t sound like a player that Morris would want to take on.

The risk doesn’t seem worth the potential reward for developing team like Tampa that is unlikely to make the playoffs with or without Haynesworth.

Fritz88
11-09-2011, 04:46 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/09/bucs-claim-albert-haynesworth-off-waivers/

Albert Haynesworth

Bucs coach Raheem Morris has talked all year about building a “Youngry” defense full of young and hungry players.

At least Albert Haynesworth has half of that equation down.

The Bucs surprisingly claimed Haynesworth off waivers Wednesday, as first reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter. They will take the rest of his contract he signed with New England.

Tampa just lost Gerald McCoy for the season, but this is still a surprising move. (Even if Alper called it yesterday.) Haynesworth has been ordinary on the field this year, and it sounds like he wasn’t giving much effort in New England.

The Bucs tried to sign Haynesworth two years ago, but the Redskins outbid them. While he’s cheaper now, Haynesworth just doesn’t sound like a player that Morris would want to take on.

The risk doesn’t seem worth the potential reward for developing team like Tampa that is unlikely to make the playoffs with or without Haynesworth.

He's older than Raheem!!

Good luck taming that money hungry lazy dirtbag.

bricks
11-09-2011, 05:01 PM
The Patriot way seems to be eroding at about the speed of the Roman empire. When Brady went down a few years ago they had enough talent to still win 11. He goes down right now and I'm not sure they are better than the Colts.

I agree.

The Pats seem like nothing more than Tom Brady at this point.

lcarus
11-09-2011, 05:02 PM
This guy got paid a shitload at Washington and immediately turned into a crappy player. He's nothing more than a defensive lineman version of LJ.

BossChief
11-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Fat Albert gets to go back into a situation (4-3) where he can use his natural strengths.

If they can get something out of him, that DL can be monstrous once McCoy returns

BossChief
11-09-2011, 05:16 PM
This guy got paid a shitload at Washington and immediately turned into a crappy player. He's nothing more than a defensive lineman version of LJ.

He didn't fit in either defense. The guy is a prototype 1 gap 4-3 DT.

If I were a tb fan, I'd be excited.

milkman
11-09-2011, 05:21 PM

Gronkowski is a reliable receiver that can make some catches in the middle of the field to move the chains and get you into the end zone as a red zone target.

Aaron Hernandez, though is faster and more athletic and is really the only guy that can stretch the field for that offense, and the fact that he's been slowed by injury has hurt that offense's production.

milkman
11-09-2011, 05:22 PM

His first season as a Skin, they were still playing in a 43.

He got paid.
He disappeared.

lcarus
11-09-2011, 05:24 PM

I have no reason to believe the guy has any burning desire to excel at football anymore. He could prove me wrong. If he does, good for TB.

the Talking Can
11-09-2011, 05:30 PM

people said the same shit last year every time Moss went somewhere..

he's a lazy piece of shit

Easy 6
11-09-2011, 05:33 PM
He'll take a big dump right on Morris' face.

lcarus
11-09-2011, 05:42 PM
He'll take a big dump right on Morris' face.

Could you imagine an Albert Haynesworth dump? His turds must be the size of baby crocodiles. No way he could use a standard toilet. If he does, I hope he pays someone to do nothing but plunge toilets in his house.

Easy 6
11-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Could you imagine an Albert Haynesworth dump? His turds must be the size of baby crocodiles. No way he could use a standard toilet. If he does, I hope he pays someone to do nothing but plunge toilets in his house.

I bet they generally consist of chicken, waffles and dumb.

BossChief
11-09-2011, 06:09 PM
His first season as a Skin, they were still playing in a 43.

He got paid.
He disappeared.

That was a top 10 defense as a 4-3 with Albert.

Once they switched to a 3-4, it fell to one of the worst in the league.

Albert played well his first year in Washington and the defenses ranking shows that along with his individual production.

He had his 3rd best sack season of his career and 4th in tackles while only playing in 12 games.

I dont know if he has the heart to bring his game back to the level it was at while playing in a scheme that fits his strengths, but I do know that his major gripe was always that he isnt a 2 gap defender, he was a one gap disruptive force.

Now, its all on him to show that he can still play effectively in a scheme that is tailor made to fit his strengths along with having a fuckton of talent on that line that will make it impossible for opposing offenses to double team him without setting someone else free.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2011, 06:23 PM
300 pound fat guys will always find work in the NFL no matter how good or bad you are. Ryan Sims is still in the league.

Okie_Apparition
11-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Talib - Haynesworth - Morris
volatile triangle

BossChief
11-09-2011, 06:28 PM
300 pound fat guys will always find work in the NFL no matter how good or bad you are. Ryan Sims is still in the league.

Yeah, but Albert was claimed off waivers.

Thats a big difference than a bad team signing a warm body to the vet minimum, like Seattle.

JD10367
11-09-2011, 06:29 PM
As a Pats fan, I'm annoyed by the recent postseason collapses against the Jets ('10), Ravens ('09), and Giants (SB '07).

On the other hand, for all of you blasting the Patriots as being "done" and how their system isn't working, etc.,.... Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that Belichick The GM needs to go, as he's made some piss-poor signings and decisions and cuts. It still mystifies me that he weakened the safety position by dumping Brandon Meriweather, James Sanders, and let Page and McGowan walk, when he had nothing to replace them. But I do have to point out that this guy has had massive roster turnover from day one. By the time they got to the '04 SB, they had few players from the '01 SB. By the time they got to the '07 SB, they had few players from the '04 SB. By the time they started this season, they had few players from the '07 SB. And yet...

2001: 11-5, SB win (3-0)
2002: 9-7
2003: 14-2, SB win (3-0)
2004: 14-2, SB win (3-0)
2005: 10-6, lost in 2nd game (1-1)
2006: 12-4, lost in AFCCG (2-1)
2007: 16-0, SB loss (2-1)
2008: 11-5
2009: 10-6, lost in 1st round (0-1)
2010: 14-2, lost in 1st game (0-1)

Total: 121-39, 14-5 in playoffs, 3 SB wins, 1 SB loss

And in the "bad years" since their last SB win ('05-'10): 73-23, 5 out of 6 playoff appearances and the only year they didn't they lost Tom Brady in the first game and still went 11-5 (and IIRC were one of only two teams to ever go 11-5 and not make the playoffs).

Belichick is slipping. Belichick could use some GM help. Belichick could use some OC and DC help. But I wouldn't bury him just yet.

The simple fact is this: both Haynesworth and Ocho were late pickups (just at the start of training camp), with relatively little monetary investment (in NFL terms) and little penalty if they didn't work out. If they had anything left in the tank, they would've looked like great signings. Everyone said that the ONLY place they probably had a shot at resurrecting their careers would be New England, under Belichick. The fact that he couldn't get anything out of them just shows that they both truly are lost causes. No harm, no foul. It was worth a shot.

BossChief
11-09-2011, 06:37 PM
As a Pats fan, I'm annoyed by the recent postseason collapses against the Jets ('10), Ravens ('09), and Giants (SB '07).

On the other hand, for all of you blasting the Patriots as being "done" and how their system isn't working, etc.,.... Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that Belichick The GM needs to go, as he's made some piss-poor signings and decisions and cuts. It still mystifies me that he weakened the safety position by dumping Brandon Meriweather, James Sanders, and let Page and McGowan walk, when he had nothing to replace them. But I do have to point out that this guy has had massive roster turnover from day one. By the time they got to the '04 SB, they had few players from the '01 SB. By the time they got to the '07 SB, they had few players from the '04 SB. By the time they started this season, they had few players from the '07 SB. And yet...

And in the "bad years" since their last SB win ('05-'10): 73-23, 5 out of 6 playoff appearances and the only year they didn't they lost Tom Brady in the first game and still went 11-5 (and IIRC were one of only two teams to ever go 11-5 and not make the playoffs).

Belichick is slipping. Belichick could use some GM help. Belichick could use some OC and DC help. But I wouldn't bury him just yet.

The simple fact is this: both Haynesworth and Ocho were late pickups (just at the start of training camp), with relatively little monetary investment (in NFL terms) and little penalty if they didn't work out. If they had anything left in the tank, they would've looked like great signings. Everyone said that the ONLY place they probably had a shot at resurrecting their careers would be New England, under Belichick. The fact that he couldn't get anything out of them just shows that they both truly are lost causes. No harm, no foul. It was worth a shot.
Tom Brady

nothing else needs said.

Epic Fail 007
11-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Bring him in for a look.

why in the world do i hear from many of u.any player no matter who they r i hear this bring in for a look .No matter if hes scum of the earth

BossChief
11-09-2011, 06:39 PM
why in the world do i hear from many of u.any player no matter who they r i hear this bring in for .No matter if hes scum of the earth

holy mother of God

Please kids, go to school and listen to your teachers or you will end up like this

Easy 6
11-09-2011, 06:41 PM
why in the world do i hear from many of u.any player no matter who they r i hear this bring in for a look .No matter if hes scum of the earth

GO IN FOR THE KILL! YOU GOT HIM REELING!

Epic Fail 007
11-09-2011, 06:44 PM
well he also got released because he demanded a 9 mill raise

Epic Fail 007
11-09-2011, 06:47 PM
holy mother of God

Please kids, go to school and listen to your teachers or you will end up like this

dude serious stfu,u all do say this time and time again ,just an observation .grow up

milkman
11-09-2011, 06:49 PM
dude serious stfu,u all do say this time and time again ,just an observation .grow up

You missed it, dumbass.

milkman
11-09-2011, 06:52 PM
That was a top 10 defense as a 4-3 with Albert.

Once they switched to a 3-4, it fell to one of the worst in the league.

Albert played well his first year in Washington and the defenses ranking shows that along with his individual production.

He had his 3rd best sack season of his career and 4th in tackles while only playing in 12 games.

I dont know if he has the heart to bring his game back to the level it was at while playing in a scheme that fits his strengths, but I do know that his major gripe was always that he isnt a 2 gap defender, he was a one gap disruptive force.

Now, its all on him to show that he can still play effectively in a scheme that is tailor made to fit his strengths along with having a ****ton of talent on that line that will make it impossible for opposing offenses to double team him without setting someone else free.

Let me reiterate something I always say.

Stats mean jack to me.

Haynesworth had a decent season, statwise, but anytime you watched the Skins, it was clear his effort was spotty, at best.

He disappeared.

He play without passion or desire.

the Talking Can
11-09-2011, 06:56 PM

no one cares

Brock
11-09-2011, 06:57 PM
no one cares

Yeah, you just knew some goddamn patriot fan would chime in correcting anything bad or even neutral about the goddamn patriots. Jesus Christ, why did we ever hire that guy.

FAX
11-09-2011, 06:59 PM
ROFL

FAX

the Talking Can
11-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah, you just knew some goddamn patriot fan would chime in correcting anything bad or even neutral about the goddamn patriots. Jesus Christ, why did we ever hire that guy.

being lectured by Pats fan is the only thing more annoying than tom cash

every pats fan alive is a god damn genius because of Tom Brady...the fools defending Cassel don't come around any more though, weirdly...

DeezNutz
11-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I think he's (Pioli? Haley?) done an impressive job with Herm's leftover shit (like Charles, Dorsey, Flowers, Carr, Albert, Bowe, etc.).

milkman
11-09-2011, 07:02 PM
I think he's (Pioli? Haley?) done an impressive job with Herm's leftover shit (like Charles, Dorsey, Flowers, Carr, Albert, Bowe, etc.).

You lost me.

DeezNutz
11-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Cool stat time from our friends at 810:

In KC history, the Chiefs have lost by more than four touchdowns at home only five times, four of which have occurred under Pioli and Haley.

DeezNutz
11-09-2011, 07:03 PM
You lost me.

Both are overrated at this point.

milkman
11-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Both are overrated at this point.

This has to do with Albert Haynesworth somehow?

DeezNutz
11-09-2011, 07:07 PM
"why did we ever hire that guy"?

Me: taking shameless, opportune shot.

BossChief
11-09-2011, 07:11 PM

In KC history, the Chiefs have lost by more than four touchdowns at home only five times, four of which have occurred under Pioli and Haley.

The lengths some posters will go to try and get Herm back.

Sheesh.

Get over it, man.

He

Is

Gone

DeezNutz
11-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Actually, I was hoping for Marty.

BossChief
11-09-2011, 07:22 PM
haha

I wonder what Marty was saying to Clark when they were sitting in the box together during the game.

milkman
11-09-2011, 07:24 PM
haha

I wonder what Marty was saying to Clark when they were sitting in the box together during the game.

"You know, Clark, I finally won a championship."

BossChief
11-09-2011, 07:30 PM
"You know, Clark, I finally won a championship."

do you think Marty is still on the Hunts payroll as a coaching consultant?

I kinda wondered about that more after seeing them in the booth together and after hearing about the other meetings they have had over the last few years.

milkman
11-09-2011, 07:31 PM
do you think Marty is still on the Hunts payroll as a coaching consultant?

I kinda wondered about that more after seeing them in the booth together and after hearing about the other meetings they have had over the last few years.

No.

Hammock Parties
11-09-2011, 08:05 PM

REBUILDING GET OVER IT

OR

CASSEL

GordonGekko
11-09-2011, 08:30 PM

It is not the losing by 'x' number of points that has me bothered, it is that the team just WAS NOT competitive at all in some of these games. Our win streak was fraudelent and cost us a shot at one of the future NFL greats.

Okie_Apparition
11-09-2011, 08:42 PM
No. Haley lost to Miami so he can have Luck next season when he is head coaching the Colts

bevischief
11-10-2011, 07:24 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/11/9/2549119/albert-haynesworth-released-new-england-patriots

Update
Albert Haynesworth Claimed By Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off Waiver Wire

The New England Patriots waived DT Albert Haynesworth on Tuesday and immediately speculation began as to who, if anyone, would claim him off the waiver wire. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, that team is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who now acquire Haynesworth (and his contract).

The deadline to claim Haynesworth was 4:00 p.m. (ET) Wednesday afternoon. There were reports that a few teams -- like the Philadelphia Eagles -- would not be claiming him despite some speculation that they might.

The Bucs picking him up actually makes some sense on one hand because they just lost DT Gerald McCoy for the season but on the other hand Haynesworth hasn't been effective since the 2008 season so it might be wishful thinking that he'll be productive in Tampa.

The Bucs were one of the teams involved in the bidding for Haynesworth during the 2009 free agency period but he ultimately chose the Redskins.

Haynesworth had restructured his contract before joining the Patriots to the tune of two years, $8.7 million.

Check out SB Nation's Bucs Nation where Tampa Bay fans are wondering how they'll use the 6'6", 335-pound defensive tackle.

Nov 09 4:24p by Joel Thorman - 0 comments

SenselessChiefsFan
11-10-2011, 07:32 AM
If the Pats would have decided this last month, the Raiders would have traded their firsts in 2014 and 2015 for him.

Amnorix
11-10-2011, 07:42 AM
I remember going rounds with you about Meriweather and other members of that draft class.

It's simply astonishing that a team can whiff on that many picks. Just think if Belichick had compiled those picks in just one year and moved up into the mid to high first for a couple of impact players (Yes, he could have simply stood pat as well for the likes of Clay Matthews).

Moving up is never a guaranteed win either. Someone pointed out that alot of people were clamoring for the Pats to move up and take Robert Quinn as a pass rusher. He went at 14 and has apparently not done much.

And if you lump picks together to mvoe up, you have fewer picks. That's not the system. I agree with the system of getting more picks. It's the actual picks MADE that have been a problem, especially on defense and especially in the backfield, the last few years.

Amnorix
11-10-2011, 07:53 AM

Yeah, well, you thought the Welker trade was retarded too, so whatever.

In any event, you'll never find me saying that any particular draft pick was a great pick. I'm not a draftnik. I dont' know who is or isn't a great pick until a few years go by. I have historically trusted Belichick to do the best he can. On balance it's clear his draft picks choices have not been great in some areas.

But who is GREAT over 10 years at draft picks? Not many. Polian's team has a pretty serious problem there lately also.

Dave Lane
11-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Haynesworth = Piscitelli :thumb:

Haynesworth > Piscitelli > Tebow

Amnorix
11-10-2011, 08:05 AM

Wow. Just wow. Mind-bogglingly wrong. Hernandez does have some health issues -- he's also JUST had his 22nd birthday so he has years and years ahead of him to get better.

Gronk is a great in-line blocker and is also 14th in the NFL (2nd among TEs) with 44 receptions.

I wouldn't trade teh Pats TEs for anybody's...

Dave Lane
11-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Hamas is just like the rest of us, 50/50 it's like gambling all people can tell you is the number of times they "hit" the other multiple failures are forgotten as best as we can

Yeah, well, you thought the Welker trade was retarded too, so whatever.

In any event, you'll never find me saying that any particular draft pick was a great pick. I'm not a draftnik. I dont' know who is or isn't a great pick until a few years go by. I have historically trusted Belichick to do the best he can. On balance it's clear his draft picks choices have not been great in some areas.

But who is GREAT over 10 years at draft picks? Not many. Polian's team has a pretty serious problem there lately also.

Amnorix
11-10-2011, 08:17 AM
being lectured by Pats fan is the only thing more annoying than tom cash

That's hurtful. *sniff*

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-15-2012, 11:36 AM
RT @TBBuccaneers: The Bucs have released DT Albert Haynesworth, who started 6 games in 2011 for Tampa Bay