PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Yahoo's "All-Midseason" Team

Rain Man
11-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Posted by somebody I don't know and I have no idea of his credentials, knowledge, or expertise, but since two Chiefs were mentioned I thought I'd post it.

If this is a repost over someone who has more influence than me, I apologize. If it's by someone I can push around, screw you and I can do whatever I want around here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_2011_all_midseason_team_110811

CB Charles Woodson(notes), Green Bay Packers – Woodson just turned 35 and he’s playing like he’s still 27. He has five interceptions this season, putting him on pace to break the career high of nine he had in the 2009 season. There are a lot of questions about the Packers’ defense, but Woodson isn’t one of them. He’s one of the answers. Either Brandon Flowers(notes) or Chris Houston(notes) would have been in this spot if not for Woodson’s continued stellar play.

LB Derrick Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs – The switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 since the start of 2010 has helped Johnson become a more effective player after five mediocre seasons to start his career. Johnson is on the way to back-to-back 120-tackle seasons for the Chiefs and is helping the team cover for its massive number of injuries. He doesn’t get the sacks of some other linebackers, but this team [Rain Man note: the all-midseason team, not the Chiefs] has plenty of pass rush with Jared Allen and DeMarcus Ware(notes).

Fritz88
11-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Sex.

Deberg_1990
11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
heh, using the amount of tackles to gage an ILB perfomance is laughable. Of course those guys always have a high amount of tackles.

BossChief
11-08-2011, 06:04 PM
heh, using the amount of tackles to gage an ILB perfomance is laughable. Of course those guys always have a high amount of tackles.

tackles are a bullshit stat anyways.

A lot of the time, they numbers are totally made up.

Molitoth
11-08-2011, 06:58 PM

Regardless, He's having a great year.

O.city
11-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Good to see DJ get some pub. It would be nice to see him keep ascending and be one of the premier names at LB for the next 5 years.