PDA

View Full Version : Life A message for the parents

Braincase
11-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Hey,

This Sandusky mess @ Penn State is a moment. If you haven't spent some time with your kids to talk about predators lately, you've got a good chance now to spend some time with 'em and talk about it. I know I'm telling you something you already probably know, but the kids are talking about it at school (confirmed talking to my 5th grader).

Better to talk about it now and hopefully prevent it, than have to talk about it after.

BC

Rain Man
11-09-2011, 04:32 PM
My parents don't talk to me about this kind of stuff.

Iconic
11-09-2011, 04:34 PM
I remember when my dad tried to teach me about sex. He slid a book under my pillow and from then on it was don't ask don't tell. I preferred it that way.

loochy
11-09-2011, 04:40 PM
My dad's sex talk was this sentence.

Son, when you want to mess around with a girl use one of those rubbers.

memyselfI
11-09-2011, 04:42 PM
You know what gets me as a parent of a sophomore in HS. My son has played soccer for 10 years. In all of those years up until this one I have stayed at practice. I might be in my car or walking in the park but I'm there. Watching and keeping an eye on what is going on the field. But I am in the minority. I know parents as young as 8 or 9 were dropping their kids off and driving away. Shocking, really. I hope this situation causes them to rethink that.

loochy
11-09-2011, 04:44 PM
You know what gets me as a parent of a sophomore in HS. My son has played soccer for 10 years. In all of those years up until this one I have stayed at practice. I might be in my car or walking in the park but I'm there. Watching and keeping an eye on what is going on the field. But I am in the minority. I know parents as young as 8 or 9 were dropping their kids off and driving away. Shocking, really. I hope this situation causes them to rethink that.

Sure, be cautious, but you can't live life being afraid of everyone and everything. Sometimes you've just got to trust. Also, I don't think the kids will get molested out in the middle of an open soccer field with a bunch of witnesses and whatnot.

Rain Man
11-09-2011, 04:49 PM
I wish my dad would've bought me a hooker at 15. It would've greatly accelerated my learning. As it is, I had to pick things up by decoding the double entendres and nuances of Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, and Welcome Back, Kotter.

memyselfI
11-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Sure, be cautious, but you can't live life being afraid of everyone and everything. Sometimes you've just got to trust. Also, I don't think the kids will get molested out in the middle of an open soccer field with a bunch of witnesses and whatnot.

It's not just molestation. Coaches behaving badly. We've been lucky in that we haven't had any bad coaches to be concerned about. But I've heard horror stories. My point was, I can easily see how this could happen when parents are too trusting or not taking precautions to monitor what is going on with their kids.

KCUnited
11-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Dutch, I mean son, if you ever find yourself in a Central American jungle on a hostage rescue mission, things might not be what they seem. If you see some skinned bodies and a collection of skulls that appear to be trophies, look to the trees, its camo and can sense heat. You can light a bonfire and try to shoot an explosive arrow towards it to disable its invisibility, but it will likely come down to hand to hand combat. Try setting a spiked trap for it, but if it sees the trap, try crushing it with the counter weight. It may take a nuclear explosion to get the job done, though.

Good luck son.

Gonzo
11-09-2011, 04:55 PM
My dad waited until after I had sex to have the talk to me. The talk was:

Use condoms, moron.
Then it was:
Well, you're banging a chick... Time for booze. We were at a bar while on a hunting trip. He then gave me pointers on how to please her and we ate steak.

Good times.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise
11-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I told my son that if he sees any Penn State coaches to run away as fast as possible.

mlyonsd
11-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Start the conversation off with an ice breaker. Something like, if an older woman searching for a younger man is a cougar, what is an older man searching for a younger boy? Nittany Lion.

Garcia Bronco
11-09-2011, 05:18 PM
My dad had this talk with me. "If anyone (meaning other men) ever trys to touch you, kick them in the dick and run and call the police"

That was it. I got the message.

lcarus
11-09-2011, 05:20 PM
My dad just sat me down to warn me about guys like Sandusky, and I'm 28. But for free bowl tickets, sneakers, and jerseys, and a chance to be a walk-on player at Penn State...I'd at least hear his offer.

KC native
11-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Yes, talk to your kids about pedo bear or they could be next
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/Wanderer22/Justin_Bieber_con_Pedobear.jpg

Gonzo
11-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Heh... Audiophile references ftw.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
11-09-2011, 05:34 PM
I told my son that if he sees any Penn State coaches to run away as fast as possible.

At least we can finally understand Larry Johnson's anger.

Garcia Bronco
11-09-2011, 05:36 PM
At least we can finally understand Larry Johnson's anger.

You sir are the king of the zingers

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-09-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't think my parents ever had the sex talk with me. But I did walk in on them a few times because I couldn't sleep through the noise. STFU bitches I have school tomorrow!

stonedstooge
11-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Kids, there really are monsters in the closet

Easy 6
11-09-2011, 06:36 PM
My pops was somewhere in florida or colorado having sex, i pretty much learned my lessons by watching Porkys.

Okie_Apparition
11-09-2011, 06:38 PM
I would think the Duggar's 20 kids would be a child moelester's wet dream. Home schooled, not allowed internet access, only G rated tv...innocent. Protected form the evils of the world sounds good in theory

Captain Obvious
11-09-2011, 06:46 PM
I would think the Duggar's 20 kids would be a child moelester's wet dream. Home schooled, not allowed internet access, only G rated tv...innocent. Protected form the evils of the world sounds good in theory

Creepy post is creepy.

Okie_Apparition
11-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Innocent & unaware never served me well in any situation

Crush
11-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I am pretty sure the Duggars are just paying midgets to fuck with us now.

Gonzo
11-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Creepy post is creepy.

This
Posted via Mobile Device