PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley and DJ mic'd up against Dolphins.

Fritz88
11-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Watch here, can't embed.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d823f4c44/Sound-FX-Chiefs-streak-ended

Hammock Parties
11-09-2011, 09:49 PM
"it's not about the scheme, it's about how we're playing it"

way to absolve yourself of blame, Haley!

O.city
11-09-2011, 09:50 PM

Good lord man.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-09-2011, 09:50 PM

You ready to flip flop again

Hammock Parties
11-09-2011, 09:51 PM
You ready to flip flop again

Find a post where I support Haley.

Smed1065
11-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Find a post where I was right.

FYP. OK maybe 1.

QuikSsurfer
11-09-2011, 09:54 PM
"Don't make this guy look like Dan Marino, that's all I'm asking"

NJChiefsFan
11-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Find a post where I support Haley.

Are you serious? You spent last week saying you never had an issue with Haley after people called you out for jumping in his favor. Have some perspective. Things are usually not as bad as they seem or as good as they seem.

Hammock Parties
11-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Are you serious? You spent last week saying you never had an issue with Haley

Wrong.

jd1020
11-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Haley didn't want to give the Dolphins sympathy so he gave the Chiefs sympathy over the week. Soft camp = 2 1/2 game massacre to start the season. Soft week = dominated by a winless team. Soft = not the way to fucking go.

Dave Lane
11-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Herm disagrees

MoreLemonPledge
11-10-2011, 02:32 AM
I like how DJ sounds like Mike Tyson.

Fritz88
11-10-2011, 06:47 AM
I like how DJ sounds like Mike Tyson.

I would consider this as an insult.

MahiMike
11-10-2011, 07:01 AM
I don't think the NFL expected that when they mic'd them up.

Crennel looked like he didn't want to talk to Haley's mic at all.

Fritz88
11-10-2011, 09:51 AM

Either Romeo doesn't want to talk to Haley, period. Or he didn't want to speak into the mic.

I lean toward the first one.

Chiefnj2
11-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Haley seemed very calm, unless they couldn't use any other footage because of cursing.

ModSocks
11-10-2011, 10:13 AM
I thought it was a very interesting piece.

The Belcher comment at the end was awesome. At least they know they played like complete ass. And it's good to see how important DJ really is. He's grown into his role as the leader of this D and Haley really leans on him to be the man on the D.

And I figured the Romeo Thing would be talked about. The look on his face says enough. He was pissed. I doubt it had much to do with Haley and much more about how the team performed.

The Franchise
11-10-2011, 10:16 AM
I thought it was a very interesting piece.

The Belcher comment at the end was awesome. At least they know they played like complete ass. And it's good to see how important DJ really is. He's grown into his role as the leader of this D and Haley really leans on him to be the man on the D.

And I figured the Romeo Thing would be talked about. The look on his face says enough. He was pissed. I doubt it had much to do with Haley and much more about how the team performed.

This.

DJ: You're never as good as you think you are. You're never as bad as you think you are.

Belcher: Yeah....but this was bad.

DJ: Yeah. You right.

Rausch
11-10-2011, 10:25 AM

Haley: "We just need to learn to get them up when their back's not up up against the wall. We're pretty good when our back's against the wall."

Romeo: "..."

What Romeo wanted to say: "Yeah. But that whole idea of consistent effort and knowing how to manage a team to build slowly and get better as the year goes on is kind of your fucking department.

Fucking golfer..."

The Franchise
11-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Romeo needs to go after this season.

HemiEd
11-10-2011, 10:43 AM

Seriously? I could not disagree more. This team finally sheds itself of Gunther Fucking Cunningham and gets a real DC, and you want him gone?

I don't put last Sunday's play on Romeo at all, but I could be wrong.

The fact that they were down to the shoe shine boy at safety was a huge part of it IMO.

The Franchise
11-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Seriously? I could not disagree more. This team finally sheds itself of Gunther Fucking Cunningham and gets a real DC, and you want him gone?

I don't put last Sunday's play on Romeo at all, but I could be wrong.

The fact that they were down to the shoe shine boy at safety was a huge part of it IMO.

His blitzing schemes fucking suck. I hate defenses that are bend and don't break.

Demonpenz
11-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Sands the Ravens, most teams have a bend but don't break defenses

Rausch
11-10-2011, 10:49 AM

Sadly I think his career will suffer the most from this season.

Not fair, but true...

Chiefnj2
11-10-2011, 10:50 AM
He might blitz more often if the players were actually able to execute a blitz and make contact with the opposing QB.

Frosty
11-10-2011, 10:53 AM
His blitzing schemes ****ing suck. I hate defenses that are bend and don't break.

If the Dolphins nuke their staff after this season, I wouldn't mind Nolan. Not sure who else is out there.

Rausch
11-10-2011, 10:56 AM
He might blitz more often if the players were actually able to execute a blitz and make contact with the opposing QB.

DJ and Hali seem to do just fine...

Demonpenz
11-10-2011, 10:57 AM
That would be swell if Houston played anything like he was touted to be. He seems to get his shit rocked everytime I watch him

HemiEd
11-10-2011, 11:00 AM
His blitzing schemes ****ing suck. I hate defenses that are bend and don't break.

I agree, it seems like he does not blitz enough. That is the one thing that really jumps out at you. But then again, I hate it when the blitz gets burned, also.

But won't you agree, that the safety play has really been the problem with Berry out? I love Kendrick Lewis, but the rest are crap.

HemiEd
11-10-2011, 11:02 AM

You mean get past the OL, instead of running in mud as they hand fight?

Easy 6
11-10-2011, 11:10 AM
I agree, it seems like he does not blitz enough. That is the one thing that really jumps out at you. But then again, I hate it when the blitz gets burned, also.

But won't you agree, that the safety play has really been the problem with Berry out? I love Kendrick Lewis, but the rest are crap.

Thats been my contention about Romeos scheme, i think he'd blitz more if someone besides Hali proved they could get there before these safeties get roasted.

Put another real rusher on the team & i'm sure Romeo would use him, yeah DJ can do it occassionally but ILBs arent traditionally big sack players & with the current safeties, its prolly better to, on pass downs, use him in zones & te coverage more often.

HemiEd
11-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Thats been my contention about Romeos scheme, i think he'd blitz more if someone besides Hali proved they could get there before these safeties get roasted.

Put another real rusher on the team & i'm sure Romeo would use him, yeah DJ can do it occassionally but ILBs arent traditionally big sack players & with the current safeties, its prolly better to, on pass downs, use him in zones & te coverage more often.

I guess it is a tough thing to balance, that is why they pay those guys so much. Keeping the guys in coverage, or send them.

Like Chiefnj2 said, it has gotten really ugly when they finally do send them, and they get stone walled. Then the safeties really get torched, making a suspect QB "look like Marino."

I think a lot of us thought Houston was going to be that guy, but so far not so much.

Lzen
11-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Haley didn't want to give the Dolphins sympathy so he gave the Chiefs sympathy over the week. Soft camp = 2 1/2 game massacre to start the season. Soft week = dominated by a winless team. Soft = not the way to ****ing go.

This.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Haley gave them Monday and Tuesday off this week, too.

Easy 6
11-10-2011, 11:25 AM
I think a lot of us thought Houston was going to be that guy, but so far not so much.

Besides cassel obviously, i think that the lack of pass rush talent has been Piolis biggest failure, we're no closer to a stud than we were when he got here.

Fire Me Boy!
11-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Sands the Ravens, most teams have a bend but don't break defenses

You mean "Sans the Ravens..." Just thought you'd like to know. This is up there with "For all intensive purposes..."

:thumb:

Easy 6
11-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Haley gave them Monday and Tuesday off this week, too.

:rolleyes:

Reerun_KC
11-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Best thing about Crennels defense is its ability to shut down the TE and prevent the big play from said TE...

HemiEd
11-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Besides cassel obviously, i think that the lack of pass rush talent has been Piolis biggest failure, we're no closer to a stud than we were when he got here.

Agreed.

One of the announcers Sunday, can't remember which one, commented on the Jackson and Dorsey picks, and how they were not getting to the QB for such high draft picks.

I was thinking to myself, they should read CP, those guys are only supposed to occupy blockers.

The Franchise
11-10-2011, 11:46 AM

Oh I'll agree that this defense has been fucked with Berry out.

I just don't like the shit that he runs.

Easy 6
11-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Agreed.

One of the announcers Sunday, can't remember which one, commented on the Jackson and Dorsey picks, and how they were not getting to the QB for such high draft picks.

I was thinking to myself, they should read CP, those guys are only supposed to occupy blockers.

Its been said here before & its true, the more well informed KC fans know far more about the team than your average talking head or writer.

The Franchise
11-10-2011, 11:47 AM
What I would like to know.....is what the fuck happened to Gilberry?

Easy 6
11-10-2011, 11:48 AM
What I would like to know.....is what the **** happened to Gilberry?

I think its because of the weight he added, hoping to play more run downs.

Chiefnj2
11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Agreed.

If they are only facing a single OL, then they should be getting pressure on the QB.

mcaj22
11-10-2011, 12:04 PM
for once i'd like to get a d-lineman that is NOT a part time player

we either have 2 down run stuffers or 2 down pass rushers/nickel guys.

Jay Ratliff, BJ Raji, Ngata, the rook from the Jets, those broke dicks on the Steelers (once were good), those guys stuff the run and then slide wherever to rush the passer, they are 3 down players in the 34 and it's something we lack. A true blue talent.

HemiEd
11-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Its been said here before & its true, the more well informed KC fans know far more about the team than your average talking head or writer.I actually agreed with the announcer on that though, they should be getting some serious push on passing downs IMO.

But yeah, there is a lot of knowledge on this board for sure.

If they are only facing a single OL, then they should be getting pressure on the QB.

We sure see it coming the other way, making Cassel regularly shit his pants.

Gregg was flashing getting some pressure, but not so much lately... Last Monday night, I saw some progress from Jackson as well.

ChiefsCountry
11-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Houston is more suited for Tamba Hali' role in Romeo's 3-4 than he is in the Vrabel position. Vrabel position is more of a coverage role than a pure rush mode like Hali's is. Houston is a natural pass rusher and the coverage side is where he is lacking. Its one of the big reasons why I wanted Akeem Ayers in the draft.

The Franchise
11-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Houston is more suited for Tamba Hali' role in Romeo's 3-4 than he is in the Vrabel position. Vrabel position is more of a coverage role than a pure rush mode like Hali's is. Houston is a natural pass rusher and the coverage side is where he is lacking. Its one of the big reasons why I wanted Akeem Ayers in the draft.

So basically we're putting people in situations where they suck. Awesome.

jd1020
11-10-2011, 01:38 PM

It wasn't a mystery that Houston wasn't very good in coverage. He was a value pick in the 3rd, however.

Start Croyle
11-10-2011, 03:44 PM
He sounds whiney and unprofessional!

GoHuge
11-10-2011, 03:53 PM
So basically we're putting people in situations where they suck. Awesome.That's been the philosophy of this defensive staff since they took over here. Only guys that have really done well in it are Tamba, DJ, and the Brandon's (who have just turned into better players through experience and maturity IMO). Took them both year #2 before it began to click. That's been the problem with these guys. Rather than play to the strength of their personnel they are making their personnel change the position they've played their entire college/pro careers to try and fit the scheme they want to run as coaches.

Pioli hasn't brought in a single fuckin guy that has helped improve the front seven of this 34 defense they are hell bent on running whether they have the guys that can run it effectively or not. I'll be honest.....I never thought I would agree with that fat worthless piece of shit that use to write for the Star, but the egos these guys have seem to be getting in their way of making the right personnel or scheme changes. They are hell bent on making the term "play to your strength" and damn cliche. It's fuckin maddening as a fan.

ModSocks
11-10-2011, 04:13 PM
That's been the philosophy of this defensive staff since they took over here. Only guys that have really done well in it are Tamba, DJ, and the Brandon's (who have just turned into better players through experience and maturity IMO). Took them both year #2 before it began to click. That's been the problem with these guys. Rather than play to the strength of their personnel they are making their personnel change the position they've played their entire college/pro careers to try and fit the scheme they want to run as coaches.

Pioli hasn't brought in a single ****in guy that has helped improve the front seven of this 34 defense they are hell bent on running whether they have the guys that can run it effectively or not. I'll be honest.....I never thought I would agree with that fat worthless piece of shit that use to write for the Star, but the egos these guys have seem to be getting in their way of making the right personnel or scheme changes. They are hell bent on making the term "play to your strength" and damn cliche. It's ****in maddening as a fan.

Relax home boy. No one is playing out of position.

Houston fits his position just fine. People are always chirping, "Oh my god, he should be rushing...oh noes!"

Uhm...he does. The problem is that he doesn't get there. The dude is a rookie. He'll be fine.

And his game DOES translate into pass coverage as well. He a very fast Linebacker. He displayed his speed several times this season. He moves and runs well.

If you notice, even though he's getting beat in pass coverage, more often than not it's because he's not getting his head around. He's running with the backs, he's just not finishing the plays. You know, kind of like what rookies will do.

The guy will be fine.

And do you honestly believe Dorsey and Jackson would be better pass rushers in a 4-3? I don't.

Neither of them are really playing "out of position". If either of them started actually getting to the QB, no one would be talking about this.

TheSourceX1
11-10-2011, 05:51 PM

The fins bent it and then broke it many times ... he needs to stop putting so much pressure on the secondary with his zone scheme bullshit

Sadly I think his career will suffer the most from this season.

Not fair, but true...

he's out thinking himself ... forget about a different look for each team and stick with one or two that work

he blitzed 5 times against the fins ... the rest of the time he was in zone with the LB's watching moore relax in the pocket

The safeties are killing us ... arenas going down really hurt because it put shabby out there with washington

when it comes to bend but don't break I tuned into the game & watched miami run 3 plays for 70+ yards & a TD ... lets blitz these damn inexperienced QB's and let the corners earn trips to the pro bowl already!! phuck zone ... play man and rape the T.E.'s like gates if needed but we need at least 5 rushing the QB

Easy 6
11-10-2011, 05:57 PM
People are always chirping, "Oh my god, he should be rushing...oh noes!"

Uhm...he does. The problem is that he doesn't get there. The dude is a rookie. He'll be fine.

IIRC he rushed 39 times in the fade game, net result? 1 pressure.

Mr. Laz
11-10-2011, 06:11 PM
You mean get past the OL, instead of running in mud as they hand fight?
In the 3-4 scheme the Crennel runs the Dlineman are supposed to occupy the olineman and not let them get to the Linebackers, not penetrate. The pressure from the single gap 3-4 defense that we run is supposed to come from the rushbacker and zone blitzes.

I'm not saying Crennel should be fired, just that the scheme is designed for certain things. Dorsey,Jackson,Gregg ARE NOT supposed to penetrate until any chance of a running play is gone. This gives the Olineman a head start in blocking them. The first couple steps are key in a pass rush and our Dlineman have to wait.

BossChief
11-10-2011, 06:14 PM

Well, I have to ask.

How the fuck is he supposed to improve/develop into a starting player in our scheme if he isn't put into the positions where he struggles and the coaches can teach him the right way to do things?

Growing pains are to be expected in situations like this and we all knew (well, the ones of us that care about these types of things) that he was gonna be iffy against the run and would struggle coverage as a n00b.