PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Palko mimicking Tebow in practice...

Hammock Parties
11-10-2011, 07:43 AM
A lefty with a weak arm who can run around...we've got you now, Donks.

Two Chiefs mimic Broncos' Tebow in practice

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19302595

The Broncos have decided to use Tim Tebow in an option look at times because of what coach John Fox calls Tebow's "unique skill set."

That has the Chiefs trying to re-create that skill set this week in their practices. That has meant using two players to replicate Tebow's work in the Denver offense.

Kansas City coach Todd Haley said he plans to use backup quarterback Tyler Palko — who is left-handed, like Tebow — as well as wide receiver Jerheme Urban in other instances through the week.

Both Palko, at 6-foot-1, 215 pounds, and Urban (6-3, 207) are smaller than the 6-3, 235- pound Tebow.

"(Urban) is a big, strong receiver who was a quarterback in high school, who's fast, so we're going to have do some with him because obviously we don't want to be hitting our backup quarterback if we can help it," Haley said.

Haley said he expects the Broncos to put Tebow in some of the option plays they used on their way to 299 rushing yards against the Raiders on Sunday.

"It has, and will, create a major challenge for us defensively," Haley said. "The advantage Denver has is the quarterback's running it — he can throw and run."

Buehler445
11-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Didn't we try that option crap under Herm with that dumbass receiver shitbox we picked up?

BigRock
11-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Haley on Tebow:

"He's a heck of a player," Haley said of the former first-round draft pick. "They tried to kill him last week. Physically, Oakland sent bodies at him from everywhere, and it's pretty clear this guy won't back down in the face of pressure, and that's always good to have."

TRANSLATION

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/773074/FU.gifhttp://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9051/cassel.jpg

KCUnited
11-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Tebow is going to be running like a 40 something year old coach on our 13 year old of a defense.

Fire Me Boy!
11-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Didn't Vermiel do this once, having Dante Hall play Mike Vick? And didn't we kill the Falcons?

InChiefsHeaven
11-10-2011, 09:03 AM
They gotta do what they can do. We can't lose this game. Try everything you can to prepare.

MMXcalibur
11-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Remember how Jake Plummer would do a bootleg every 2.3 snaps and every goddamn time, we'd fall for it?

Yeah, I fully expect that level of shittiness this weekend. The Dolphin game has me pessimistic again.

Easy 6
11-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Remember how Jake Plummer would do a bootleg every 2.3 snaps and every goddamn time, we'd fall for it?

Yeah, I fully expect that level of shittiness this weekend. The Dolphin game has me pessimistic again.

If that happens i shall never again utter a word in defense of Haley, fortunatly i couldnt be more confident of a win.

Dr. Gigglepants
11-10-2011, 09:36 AM
If that happens i shall never again utter a word in defense of Haley, fortunatly i couldnt be more confident of a win.

I think we bounce back too. Last week was a wake up call that we aren't good enough to beat bad teams with no effort. Newsflash guys, this is the NFL, you might, um, you know, put forth a little effort this time.
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy
11-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Palko > Tebow

HemiEd
11-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Tebow is going to be running like a 40 something year old coach on our 13 year old of a defense.

whu? :spock:

Easy 6
11-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Last week was a wake up call that we aren't good enough to beat bad teams with no effort.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly, we're not there yet.

I hope the whip cracked all week.

lcarus
11-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Didn't Vermiel do this once, having Dante Hall play Mike Vick? And didn't we kill the Falcons?

We would need Jamaal Charles with his partially healed ACL to run around and fully mimic Tebow.

Caseyguyrr
11-10-2011, 09:45 AM

update, chiefs are still falling for the bootleg

HemiEd
11-10-2011, 09:57 AM
update, chiefs are still falling for the bootleg

Not like they used to, not even close.

The memories of Eric Hicks continuously getting caught like he had never seen the play before, will never fade.

Frosty
11-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Not like they used to, not even close.

The memories of Eric Hicks continuously getting caught like he had never seen the play before, will never fade.

Do you remember that one time the Chiefs were playing Denver and Hicks actually stayed home and didn't fall for the bookleg?

Yeah, me neither.

The Franchise
11-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Urban can probably complete the same number of passes that Tebow can.

vailpass
11-10-2011, 10:40 AM
whu? :spock:

He's cross-threading it.

Rausch
11-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Urban can probably complete the same number of passes that Tebow can.

We should start him and see...

HemiEd
11-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Do you remember that one time the Chiefs were playing Denver and Hicks actually stayed home and didn't fall for the bookleg?

Yeah, me neither.
ROFL At least now we can laugh at it, but damn that was frustrating to watch at the time.

He's cross-threading it.

thanks! :thumb:

Mile High Mania
11-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Enh, McGahee should be the bigger concern... he looked really good last week.

teedubya
11-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Why do I get the feeling that this is the week that we make Tebow look like an All-Pro?

Easy 6
11-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Why do I get the feeling that this is the week that we make Tebow look like an All-Pro?

Its a hangover from last week, take a handful of aspirin, get some rest & say six Hail Haleys.

Rasputin
11-10-2011, 11:48 AM

56 - 10 :rockon:

was at that game

HemiEd
11-10-2011, 11:50 AM

I give Tebow credit for that, as McGahee's improvement seems to parallel the installation of Tebow. I think McGahee is averaging more YPG now than the entire team was prior to Tebow taking over.

Hopefully Romeo installs an adjustment to shut them down on the option stuff.

Lzen
11-10-2011, 11:54 AM
56 - 10 :rockon:

was at that game

I was there, as well. Took my boys to their first ever Chiefs game that day. Ah, great times. I believe that between Priest Holmes and Derrick Blaylock, the Chiefs scored a record 8 rushing TDs (4 each).

mcaj22
11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
i do miss the days our offense would be the one putting up 30/40 points, though the defense would give up 50.

it's a lot better than wondering if our 20 point offense will show up or will our 3 point offense show up and our give up 30+ defense.

Epic Fail 007
11-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Only the chiefs try and make a simple game like football seem like rocket science,been doing it for years

Epic Fail 007
11-10-2011, 12:09 PM
i do miss the days our offense would be the one putting up 30/40 points, though the defense would give up 50.

it's a lot better than wondering if our 20 point offense will show up or will our 3 point offense show up and our give up 30+ defense.

Yes I loved the vermeil days.

rico
11-10-2011, 12:09 PM

Yeah, and the fact that he was coming off of that hand injury makes it more impressive. I am also worried about Mcgahee.

Rasputin
11-10-2011, 12:10 PM
I was there, as well. Took my boys to their first ever Chiefs game that day. Ah, great times. I believe that between Priest Holmes and Derrick Blaylock, the Chiefs scored a record 8 rushing TDs (4 each).

It was so incredible doing the wave in the second quarter of play lol.

I framed the news paper article about it with Priest Holmes diving over the top with a TD. Just pure awesomeness of a game :thumb:

alpha_omega
11-10-2011, 12:13 PM

Yes...good times...and Brian Waters was the AFC Offensive Player of the Week that week.

Epic Fail 007
11-10-2011, 12:29 PM
FIRE SCOTT BRING CARL BACK

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Chiefs bounce back and KnowMo turns the game off at halftime.

Warrior5
11-10-2011, 12:39 PM
They gotta do what they can do. We can't lose this game. Try everything you can to prepare.

And it appears they are doing exactly that. They have absolutely no excuse to lose this game.

Okie_Apparition
11-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Yesterday, Arenas practiced in full. McGraw was limited & Demarrio(groin) was out

Mile High Mania
11-10-2011, 12:53 PM
I give Tebow credit for that, as McGahee's improvement seems to parallel the installation of Tebow. I think McGahee is averaging more YPG now than the entire team was prior to Tebow taking over.

Hopefully Romeo installs an adjustment to shut them down on the option stuff.

Yeah, they went to what Tebow is most comfortable with and ... as much as it pains me to applaud an offense that passes so little, it worked. We'll see how he does at hostile Arrowhead.

The one thing with him though is that he's been to crazy hostile places before and performed well. Places like Bama and LSU are every bit as crazy. But, the players are different at this level, so it should be interesting - I just hope it's entertaining.

whoman69
11-10-2011, 01:38 PM
FIRE SCOTT BRING CARL BACK

No wonder you have negative rep.

HemiEd
11-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Yeah, they went to what Tebow is most comfortable with and ... as much as it pains me to applaud an offense that passes so little, it worked. We'll see how he does at hostile Arrowhead.

The one thing with him though is that he's been to crazy hostile places before and performed well. Places like Bama and LSU are every bit as crazy. But, the players are different at this level, so it should be interesting - I just hope it's entertaining.

He does take the pressure, no doubt. I am still trying to figure out how they pulled the game out in Miami.

I really hope he keeps playing just good enough to get one more week. :D

This is your QBOTF Denver, really!

whoman69
11-10-2011, 02:06 PM
So let me see if I got this straight. Palko is going to overthrow players, have horrible footwork and an excessively long throwing motion. Will anyone even notice the change?

Easy 6
11-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Its going to be interesting no matter what, we all know that... i just hope Tebow isnt able to get on a running roll, thats really my only fear... a Tebow rides down upon a Golden Cloud scenario, breaking tackles left & right enough to all of the sudden make his ugly throws dangerous to donx in the broken field late in the game.

But i just dont see it happening, maybe in denver... but not here, not this time... i see Romeo confounding him, mixing it up... he'll be spyed on most or all of the game & we'll alternately clog the passing lanes with manpower, daring him to hit tight windows, when he's expecting the rush & pressure when he doesnt.

Sorry gai's, my gut hasnt been this confident in a while, i'm going with it.

listopencil
11-10-2011, 06:58 PM
http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/jakeplummer-300x227.jpg

"You see, a mobile QB can really compliment a running game. Lots of options. Maybe even a bootleg. You just never know."

listopencil
11-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Palko > Tebow

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FCMwSaYG4pw/RjQK7jeyHTI/AAAAAAAAATs/pjtyFU03XTI/s200/plummer.jpg

milkman
11-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Yes I loved the vermeil days.

You mean the 1 playoff appearence, 1 playoff loss in 4 years Vemeil days?

Some of you people are too stupid for words to describe.

BigMeatballDave
11-12-2011, 01:56 PM
You mean the 1 playoff appearence, 1 playoff loss in 4 years Vemeil days?

Some of you people are too stupid for words to describe.Pretty much. Vermeil did a nice job building that O, but completely ignored the D

bigbucks24
11-12-2011, 02:14 PM
He does take the pressure, no doubt. I am still trying to figure out how they pulled the game out in Miami.

Miami was up by 15 with 5 minutes left in the game and went into a soft zone. With no one really guarding the receivers, Tebow was able to pick them apart. By the time Miami decided to get out of the prevent, Uncle Mo was on Denver;s side. Remember, Timmy looked awful for the first 55 minutes of the game. Fear Timmy the runner, not Timmy the passer. And don't play prevent, no matter how far you are up. Detroit never let off the gas and look what happened there.

Mile High Mania
11-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Miami was up by 15 with 5 minutes left in the game and went into a soft zone. With no one really guarding the receivers, Tebow was able to pick them apart. By the time Miami decided to get out of the prevent, Uncle Mo was on Denver;s side. Remember, Timmy looked awful for the first 55 minutes of the game. Fear Timmy the runner, not Timmy the passer. And don't play prevent, no matter how far you are up. Detroit never let off the gas and look what happened there.

Detroit is a really good team as well, offensively and defensively ... more sound than the last few teams Denver has faced and better than KC.

We'll see how it goes, if Denver can keep the momentum going from the Oakland game, then they could win this one. It all depends on how much pressure KC can put on Tebow. If they get to him, knocking him down and containing the ground game early... while being able to put up 2-3 TDs, then KC has it in the bag.

If it's a close and low scoring game, then anything could happen in the 4th quarter. Tebow isn't ready to be the "lead them from behind QB from a passing perspective" unfortunately right now.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Palko is too accurate to play Tebow. Need to find some left handed, blind kid, and give him a bunch of sugar so he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Mile High Mania
11-12-2011, 02:31 PM

Personally, I don't see how he is the QBotF... I know I'm not ready for this type of offense and I don't think it will be consistently successful. If they have to do this now to "baby step" him to greatness, so be it. They're not doing that with guys like Dalton...

Tebow is a mystery - he can make nice passes, but what I think Denver is missing is a solid TE.. I really think that aspect of the offense could help open things up.

I said Tebow had to lead this team to no worse than 5-5 in their final 10 in order to make me think he had a chance of being the QBotF... he's 1-1 at this point and there are plenty of tough games to be played.

I really need to see something this weekend. The entire team played great at Oakland... would be great to see that again, and not the performances that we saw vs Miami and Detroit.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Personally, I don't see how he is the QBotF... I know I'm not ready for this type of offense and I don't think it will be consistently successful. If they have to do this now to "baby step" him to greatness, so be it. They're not doing that with guys like Dalton...

Tebow is a mystery - he can make nice passes, but what I think Denver is missing is a solid TE.. I really think that aspect of the offense could help open things up.

I said Tebow had to lead this team to no worse than 5-5 in their final 10 in order to make me think he had a chance of being the QBotF... he's 1-1 at this point and there are plenty of tough games to be played.

I really need to see something this weekend. The entire team played great at Oakland... would be great to see that again, and not the performances that we saw vs Miami and Detroit.

Wait a minute....KnowMo said they had an unstoppable Antonio Gates clone on the roster that would own the league this season :) I guess that worked out as well as all the other scrubs he's pimped here.

milkman
11-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Wait a minute....KnowMo said they had an unstoppable Antonio Gates clone on the roster that would own the league this season :) I guess that worked out as well as all the other scrubs he's pimped here.

There are no scrubs on the Broncos.

The 53rd man on the roster would make the probowl for any other team./Knowmo.

Mile High Mania
11-12-2011, 03:02 PM

I believe he was referring to one of the two rookies (likely Thomas). Give it some time before he's written off... the guy's a rookie in a weird year.

O.city
11-12-2011, 03:03 PM
I believe he was referring to one of the two rookies (likely Thomas). Give it some time before he's written off... the guy's a rookie in a weird year.

This. Rookies shouldn't be judged to harshly this year.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-12-2011, 03:22 PM

There is NO way he is the QBOTF or QB of now. He's not an NFL QB. The last time I checked there have been no teams to win a Super Bowl running the option and there never will be. I love Tebow as a person. He just doesn't have what it takes to be an every down NFL starting QB. I think he'd be a good H-Back.

Is Denver planning on selling out for Luck? Is that the word in Denver?

O.city
11-12-2011, 03:26 PM
The AFC west right now is kinda like MLB 2 weeks before the trade deadline. Are you buyers or sellers? Everyone as bad as they are, are still in the race for the division. I think it goes down to the wire to see who takes the division.

I think 9 wins will def win the div. Maybe even 8

Pasta Little Brioni
11-12-2011, 03:36 PM
This. Rookies shouldn't be judged to harshly this year.

Except for ones pimped by SlowMo

Setsuna
11-12-2011, 03:41 PM
So let me see if I got this straight. Palko is going to overthrow players, have horrible footwork and an excessively long throwing motion. Will anyone even notice the change?

Palko is too accurate to play Tebow. Need to find some left handed, blind kid, and give him a bunch of sugar so he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off.

That crap is tired and retarded. Find some new material, your slip is showing idiot.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-12-2011, 04:35 PM
That crap is tired and retarded. Find some new material, your slip is showing idiot.

Gaytor,Jesus freak, or both?

BossChief
11-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Just look at his avatar and location.

Rasputin
11-12-2011, 04:46 PM

Q the Lions DT Tebowing after sacking Tebow.

listopencil
11-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Q the Lions DT Tebowing after sacking Tebow.

Detroit has arguably the best D-Line in the NFL. You don't.

PRIEST
11-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Yeah, me neither.

:LOL:

Rasputin
11-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Detroit has arguably the best D-Line in the NFL. You don't.

Didn't say we did. Yet we have Hali so we do have a wrecking machine in him & I like our chances.