PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Do you have a first gen iPod nano?

pr_capone
11-12-2011, 04:38 AM
Do you have one of these:
http://cybernetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/first-gen-ipod.jpg

Then go over to the Apple website here:
http://www.apple.com/support/ipodnano_replacement/

They are currently recalling ALL iPod nano sold between 2005 and 2006, citing battery problems. With time, the battery could degrade to a point where the device heats up to worrying temperatures. Apple offers you a replacement device.

The website asks you to check the serial number to be assured that your device needs replacement. :thumb:

Gadzooks
11-12-2011, 07:32 AM
I have 3 of these sitting in a drawer. I wonder what the "replacement iPod product" is...

2bikemike
11-12-2011, 08:28 AM
I have 3 of these sitting in a drawer. I wonder what the "replacement iPod product" is...

Yeah I was wondering if we get a new iPod or just a new battery. Can the Battery be replaced by Apple? I have used mine quite a bit and now the battery doesn't last very long.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2011, 08:41 AM

An IPod shuffle
Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz
11-12-2011, 08:48 AM
LOL....I have an iPhone 3G that's now nothing more than a heavy iPod.. Still work very well for that, but I decided to try the Droid this time around. Let's hop they recall the 3G phones too!

2bikemike
11-12-2011, 08:55 AM
An IPod shuffle
Posted via Mobile Device

Really? Or are you just speculating? I guess as long as it has the same capacity as my current Nano it wouldn't be a big deal. I really don't know anything about the shuffles.

rageeumr
11-12-2011, 08:57 AM
I have a 1st gen nano. I'm also curious what the replacement is.

My 1st gen's controls quit working, so I bought a 5th gen from a friend. What I found, though, is that my car head unit won't charge the 5th gen like it does the 1st gen. So I leave the 1st gen in the car. So I really only want a replacement if it's older technology that can be charged by my head unit.

Bob Dole
11-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Now if only MS would find a similar issue with the Zune!

GloryDayz
11-12-2011, 09:10 AM
LOL!! My son has an old broken one!!! WooHoo!!! Chaching!!

sd4chiefs
11-12-2011, 10:01 AM
LOL....I have an iPhone 3G that's now nothing more than a heavy iPod.. Still work very well for that, but I decided to try the Droid this time around. Let's hop they recall the 3G phones too!

MY Wife is thinking of switching from her Black Berry to an Iphone 4S. Should she go with the Droid instead?

rageeumr
11-12-2011, 11:26 AM
MY Wife is thinking of switching from her Black Berry to an Iphone 4S. Should she go with the Droid instead?

What carrier? I have Verizon and I'm picking up a Droid in the next month. The iPhone 4s won't run on Verizon's 4G LTE network that launches in KC next week.

sd4chiefs
11-12-2011, 11:51 AM
What carrier? I have Verizon and I'm picking up a Droid in the next month. The iPhone 4s won't run on Verizon's 4G LTE network that launches in KC next week.

We have Verizon. If the IPhone 4s would run on the 4G LTE network in San Diego (and I think it does) should we go with the IPhone or Droid?

ILChief
11-12-2011, 12:14 PM

No, the android os is a klunky turd

pr_capone
11-12-2011, 10:55 PM

Did you go through the process? Any word on what they are gonna give you as a replacement?

Jewish Rabbi
11-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Did you go through the process? Any word on what they are gonna give you as a replacement?

I did. Said they were gonna send me a box and then a new iPod in 6 weeks.

4th and Long
11-13-2011, 12:45 AM
They sent me a new eye pad.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1hMisuZVBPE/ThAPEt3uFYI/AAAAAAAAAKI/62Jr94NI65c/s1600/EyePad.jpg

Gadzooks
11-13-2011, 01:57 AM

I did and it just said they'll send me a box to ship my existing nano and they'll send me a "replacement iPod".
Those things came in 1G and 2G so I figure if they give me the crappiest version of a nano, (8G) it's a mild win.
Hopefully it won't be pink.

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 01:59 AM
haha i was sitting at my friends house once and he got into a fight with his mom and took that same ipod nano out and bent it for no reason, funniest and most pointless thing ever

headsnap
11-13-2011, 03:33 AM
Now if only MS would find a similar issue with the Zune!

Unfortunately they wouldn't replace it with an iPod...

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 03:37 AM
I did and it just said they'll send me a box to ship my existing nano and they'll send me a "replacement iPod".
Those things came in 1G and 2G so I figure if they give me the crappiest version of a nano, (8G) it's a mild win.
Hopefully it won't be pink.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OGOTmqBj0qk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OGOTmqBj0qk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

if you follow this tutorial exactly as he says, you wont have any problems

kcxiv
11-13-2011, 03:41 AM
nope 4th gen ipod touch. i love it, i used it every every day.

rageeumr
11-13-2011, 07:43 AM
We have Verizon. If the IPhone 4s would run on the 4G LTE network in San Diego (and I think it does) should we go with the IPhone or Droid?

The iPhone doesn't have 4G capability on the Verizon network.

No, the android os is a klunky turd

Samsung is releasing the Galaxy Nexus later this month, which is the first phone with the new Android software (Ice Cream Sandwich). Supposed to be slicker. Plus Samsung doesn't skin their Android devices, so you don't get the bloatware and clunk of some of the HTC and Motorola Droid devices.

stlchiefs
11-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Android on the 4G Network is worthless if you're looking to use it as a cell phone. If you don't mind being tethered to a charger every couple of hours, it's great! Just got a Droid Bionic, running on the 4G in St. Louis. The thing is dead every couple of hours. I've talked to 3 Verizon stores and Verizon Customer Service, all have told me to buy extended batteries, car chargers and wall chargers for home and office. They said it's normal to have to charge the phone throughout the day if you use the 4G network. WTF?! Really, I bought a $250 phone on the 4G network to turn it off? They said if I needed battery life to turn off the 4G!

The employees failed to mention this when I bought the phone, but all have extra chargers and extra batteries to use with their phones. Funny how that works. Not to mention the 4G is not really that fast, no noticeable difference between loading on it vs. old Droid. The plan is to switch to an iphone 4s on the Verizon network as it's the newest phone that does NOT run on the 4G network, which is a GOOD thing. Not looking forward to joining the iphone crowd, but there's really no other good option.

Dave Lane
11-17-2011, 08:19 AM

No.

Armyofme
11-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Android on the 4G Network is worthless if you're looking to use it as a cell phone. If you don't mind being tethered to a charger every couple of hours, it's great! Just got a Droid Bionic, running on the 4G in St. Louis. The thing is dead every couple of hours. I've talked to 3 Verizon stores and Verizon Customer Service, all have told me to buy extended batteries, car chargers and wall chargers for home and office. They said it's normal to have to charge the phone throughout the day if you use the 4G network. WTF?! Really, I bought a $250 phone on the 4G network to turn it off? They said if I needed battery life to turn off the 4G!

The employees failed to mention this when I bought the phone, but all have extra chargers and extra batteries to use with their phones. Funny how that works. Not to mention the 4G is not really that fast, no noticeable difference between loading on it vs. old Droid. The plan is to switch to an iphone 4s on the Verizon network as it's the newest phone that does NOT run on the 4G network, which is a GOOD thing. Not looking forward to joining the iphone crowd, but there's really no other good option.

Apple has stated several times that battery life is the reason why they have delayed adding 4G to the iPhone. To them, the user experience is more important than having the more impressive spec sheet.

headsnap
12-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Step 3 Return

November 26, 2011: Product replacement pending

hrm, coming up on a month and Apple hasn't done a thing with it yet :hmmm:

Gadzooks
12-18-2011, 11:31 PM
hrm, coming up on a month and Apple hasn't done a thing with it yet :hmmm:

I'm also still waiting... The piece of shit was broken years ago due in no part to my treatment of the product.
I've got a drawer full of dud apple products. I'd be happy if they replaced them all.