PDA

View Full Version : Football To the BCS ballwashers,

KC native
11-12-2011, 06:23 PM
You're welcome. Signed TCU.

PS Fuck the MW refs. They tried their hardest to give the game to Boise.

KCrockaholic
11-12-2011, 06:26 PM
It was obvious Boise wouldn't be as good of a team as last year. They lost their 2 best receivers, Titus Young, and Austin Pettis to the NFL draft. Moore really doesn't have any weapons.

I don't really care about this game.

But I'm excited as hell for the Stanford vs Oregon game.

Saul Good
11-12-2011, 06:30 PM
I would take Moore in a heartbeat. Wish he was an inch or two taller, but I'd love to have him.

BigCatDaddy
11-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Big 12 = Upgraded

KCrockaholic
11-12-2011, 06:37 PM
I would take Moore in a heartbeat. Wish he was an inch or two taller, but I'd love to have him.

And about 20 pounds heavier.

KurtCobain
11-12-2011, 06:38 PM
In the time of Chimpanzees TCU was a monkey

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 06:46 PM
So glad boise lost. I got so tired hearing all of the complaints from boise fans

notorious
11-12-2011, 06:52 PM
So glad boise lost. I got so tired hearing all of the complaints from boise fans

I don't believe I have ever seen one in the wild.

KCrockaholic
11-12-2011, 06:58 PM

...Hm.. Come to think of it, I've never seen one either. At least not a real one. Kinda like finding a real Panthers/Jaguars fan.

BWillie
11-12-2011, 07:01 PM
I f*cking love the BCS. Wish college bball had it. There is no sport that has more of an exciting regular season as NCAA Football. And you have the BCS to thank.

KCChiefsFan88
11-12-2011, 07:09 PM
I f*cking love the BCS. Wish college bball had it. There is no sport that has more of an exciting regular season as NCAA Football. And you have the BCS to thank.

Regular season is exciting, but what about the postseason?

It is the worst postseason of any major sport... NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA and college basketball.

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 07:11 PM

have you been looking in the right places?

Bearcat
11-12-2011, 07:14 PM

So, if 4 or 8 teams had a shot at a NC game, we wouldn't have so many great games? That's ridiculous. If there was a 4 or 8 team playoff, or even a plus 1, it's not like teams could afford to take a weekend off. BSU winning would have helped your point a bit more.

And just type fuck.

milkman
11-12-2011, 07:23 PM

I don't really care for college football, and the primary reason is the post season.

This BCS bullshit is not any better than the old bowl system, and dtermining a national champion by computer and votes is the most ridiculous bullshit ever.

The regular season is no more exciting because of the BCS.

It is, in fact, absolutely worthless.

notorious
11-12-2011, 07:25 PM
have you been looking in the right places?

Not in Kansas.

ChiTown
11-12-2011, 07:36 PM
My wife, a TCU grad, hasn't stopped screaming since that missed BSU FG.

I didn't watch any of the game, as we were in separate rooms watching separate games ( I'm a KSU fan) but I "heard" plenty of it. Congrats.

Boise_Chief
11-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Good Game fun game to watch. Officiating was terrible all the way through but at least it was consistently crappy. The PI call was bad and I am a True BSU fan. Not seeing Boise State fans in Kansas is like not seeing Chief fans in Poland.

TEX
11-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Good Game fun game to watch. Officiating was terrible all the way through but at least it was consistently crappy. The PI call was bad and I am a True BSU fan. Not seeing Boise State fans in Kansas is like not seeing Chief fans in Poland.

Yeah it was bad officiating to be sure. But the game was still BSU's to win. They failed to do so even on the blue field. I felt kinda bad for the kicker to miss like that...

lcarus
11-13-2011, 09:35 AM

Huh I actually like Boise. I got really used to them throwing a wrench in the stupid BCS wheels. Shame they couldn't go undefeated again.

Gonzo
11-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Fuck the BCS. College football will always be second to every other sport because of it. Anyone who actually likes it is either getting paid or a dumbass. The sport needs playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

1ChiefsDan
11-13-2011, 09:49 AM
My wife, a TCU grad, hasn't stopped screaming since that missed BSU FG.

I didn't watch any of the game, as we were in separate rooms watching separate games ( I'm a KSU fan) but I "heard" plenty of it. Congrats.That KSU finish was great. 4 OTs. My brother (a KSU grad) and I were texting each other throughout the game. It really looked like they were going to get their asses kicked, but they kept fighting back. Great win.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2011, 10:56 AM

You are completely fucking retarded and anyone who shares this opinion.

Granted, it's better than pre-BCS, but less shitty does not mean good.

Backwards Masking
11-13-2011, 11:52 AM
I don't really care for college football, and the primary reason is the post season.

This BCS bullshit is not any better than the old bowl system, and dtermining a national champion by computer and votes is the most ridiculous bullshit ever.

The regular season is no more exciting because of the BCS.

It is, in fact, absolutely worthless.

This x 1000.

I refuse to patronize and give attention to any "sport" where the Championship is determined Digitally instead of Athletically.

Reaper16
11-13-2011, 11:58 AM
The BCS is kinda' OK for getting us an optimal national championship game (and even then there are obvious and numerous flaws). But it makes every other postseason game absolutely meaningless. All bowl games, even the BCS ones, don't mean shit. They might as well be scrimmages. No stakes, no real rewards or drawbacks. It's bullshit, it's boring, and the whole process makes conference championships worth nothing.

The BCS system makes every single regular season game really important for the top 4 or 8 teams, but every other game is a meaningless snoozefest. A playoffs system would make for fiercer, more interesting conference play and would make for a postseason where every single game for every participant matters.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Those other bowll games aren't for you. They are for students, Alumni, and teamfans.

Reaper16
11-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Those other. kwl games aren't for you. They are for students, Alumni, and teamfans.
There is no reason for any alumni, student, or fan to give a single shit about any bowl game their team plays in that isn't the championship game.

There is literally not a single cogent reason.

Bane
11-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Lol Go Frogs!!

And fuck Noobraska /Mack Brown.

Bearcat
11-13-2011, 12:31 PM
The BCS is kinda' OK for getting us an optimal national championship game (and even then there are obvious and numerous flaws). But it makes every other postseason game absolutely meaningless. All bowl games, even the BCS ones, don't mean shit. They might as well be scrimmages. No stakes, no real rewards or drawbacks. It's bullshit, it's boring, and the whole process makes conference championships worth nothing.

The BCS system makes every single regular season game really important for the top 4 or 8 teams, but every other game is a meaningless snoozefest. A playoffs system would make for fiercer, more interesting conference play and would make for a postseason where every single game for every participant matters.

I agree with this, but...

There is no reason for any alumni, student, or fan to give a single shit about any bowl game their team plays in that isn't the championship game.

There is literally not a single cogent reason.

...for schools that don't make it to a bowl game every year, it's a nice little road trip to end the season. I went to Orlando several years ago and watched Philip Rivers tear KU a new asshole. It was fun... not that I'm normally into that kind of thing.

For those 1-loss teams that end up ranked 3-8 though, and end up playing in a lot of January bowl games that aren't the NC game.... yeah, it's pointless. Not that it isn't still fun for fans and team to go to New Orleans or wherever, but see last year's Holiday Bowl for how excited Nebraska was to be in San Diego... and I wonder how excited Arkansas will be if they end up only losing to Alabama and LSU, and aren't playing for anything important in January.

BWillie
11-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Those other bowll games aren't for you. They are for students, Alumni, and teamfans.

Basically. And hey, you know how many schools hang their hat on BCS bowl game victories? It is not meaningless. BCS, more than not, crowns the best team in the country. That is more than most post season tournaments can say and it makes the regular season meaningful. Only thing I would tweak is have a plus 1 game. The regular season, IS THE PLAYOFF.