View Full Version : Other Sports Pacquiao Marquez III

88TG88
11-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Should be good

anyone got a link ?

88TG88
11-12-2011, 10:45 PM
should go something like this

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ONFVIfrPQxc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-King-
11-12-2011, 10:49 PM
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/91372/1/watch-boxing:-pacquiao-vs-marquez.html

pr_capone
11-12-2011, 11:02 PM
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/91372/1/watch-boxing:-pacquiao-vs-marquez.html

Rep!

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:03 PM
omg the ads are horrible tonight on firstrow, almost unwatchable

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:09 PM
anybody else get like 10 seconds of lag where u hear sound and a frozen video, or is that just me?

pr_capone
11-12-2011, 11:10 PM
anybody else get like 10 seconds of lag where u hear sound and a frozen video, or is that just me?

Just you... everything is streaming nicely ATM for me

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Just you... everything is streaming nicely ATM for me

what link are you using?

pr_capone
11-12-2011, 11:18 PM
what link are you using?

#3... but its starting to fuck up now.

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:18 PM
#3... but its starting to **** up now.

thanks

dirk digler
11-12-2011, 11:22 PM
great fight so far but the streams are sucking for me

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:23 PM
i guarantee their servers are about to explode

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:23 PM
i would have a better chance of seeing the fight if i hopped on a plane now instead of relying on these streams

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:24 PM
hope marquez can pull this shit off

pr_capone
11-12-2011, 11:26 PM
The announcer I am listening to sounds like he is about to come.

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:28 PM
The announcer I am listening to sounds like he is about to come.

i was thinking the came in the 5th round, hard.

btw #1 is by far the most reliable server to stream it on

pr_capone
11-12-2011, 11:30 PM
i was thinking the came in the 5th round, hard.

btw #1 is by far the most reliable server to stream it on

switching now between rounds

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:32 PM
marquez is looking strong

pr_capone
11-12-2011, 11:37 PM
He is but he isn't doing enough to beat the champ by decision. Marquez looked like he slowed down in the 10th and Manny is still bopping around like a kid jacked on pixi sticks.

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:38 PM
He is but he isn't doing enough to beat the champ by decision. Marquez looked like he slowed down in the 10th and Manny is still bopping around like a kid jacked on pixi sticks.

ya as soon as i said that manny took over. btw #1 for me has slowed down considerably

pr_capone
11-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Go to #4. solid this last round

Caseyguyrr
this commentator is looking for his "Down goes Frazier" moment

dirk digler
marquez is going to win sans getting knocked out

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:41 PM
shit im in a tight spot, shitty stream but only 1 more round to go, do i switch or stick it out?

pr_capone
11-12-2011, 11:41 PM
shit im in a tight spot, shitty stream but only 1 more round to go, do i switch or stick it out?

go to 4 right now... solid

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:45 PM
HOLY SHIT!!!!!! Marquez is a beast tonight

pr_capone
11-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Damn.

I think Marquez takes it.

ZootedGranny
11-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Even with Marquez slightly slowing in the last few, he put on a counterpunching clinic, and he should get the victory.

EDIT: Also, there's no way Marquez gets the W. They aren't throwing away a 100 mil fight against Mayweather.

kcxiv
11-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Its the wrong ass style for Manny. Thats why all 3 were great fights.

pr_capone
11-12-2011, 11:48 PM
WOW.

FUCKING WOW.

dirk digler
wow...

just wow

Caseyguyrr
wow marquez got robbed

HoneyBadger
Marquez should have won that fight. Pac wasn't very impressive.

HoneyBadger
11-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Mayweather would destroy Pac

KC_Connection
11-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Terrible decision. Why would Mayweather be worried about Pac, again?

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Wow that match was bullshit!

Al Bundy
11-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Marquez should have won that fight. Pac wasn't very impressive.

Marquez had a horrible 12th round.

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2011, 11:52 PM

pacquiao had a terrible round from 1-9

kcxiv
11-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Mayweather would destroy Pac

No he wont, styles make fights!!!!!!! Manny charge fighter, JMM counter fighter. Manny charge and floyd defensive. 1-2 run.

It would be a way different fight then this one.

rolstrol
11-12-2011, 11:56 PM
No he wont, styles make fights!!!!!!! Manny charge fighter, JMM counter fighter. Manny charge and floyd defensive. 1-2 run.

It would be a way different fight then this one.

JMM's a counter fighter, what do you think Floyd is?

Al Bundy
11-12-2011, 11:57 PM
pacquiao had a terrible round from 1-9

Was WAY too close to have the 12th round Marquez had.

FAX
11-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I saw that as Marquez's fight.

FAX

ZootedGranny
11-12-2011, 11:58 PM
No he wont, styles make fights!!!!!!! Manny charge fighter, JMM counter fighter. Manny charge and floyd defensive. 1-2 run

LOL

Now Mayweather isn't a counterpuncher? As I've said for a couple of years now, even as a huge Pacquiao fan, Floyd would pick apart Pac and his shit defense.

KC_Connection
11-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Decision made entirely to feed the myth of Manny Pacquiao and make more money.

FAX
Hmmm. I guess the crowd sorta saw it that way, too.

A lot of boos.

FAX

kcxiv
JMM's a counter fighter, what do you think Floyd is?

a 1-2 run for the hills with a little counterfighting mixed in there. Way different style then JMM because JMM doesnt have floys speeds. TOTALLY Different. JMM will not run unless he gets hit by a shot that gets his attention. Floyd is 1-2 then exit stage left.

lcarus
11-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Didn't sound like Pacquiao wanted to fight Mayweather.

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 12:04 AM
keep dreamin i dont ever see pacquiao mayweather fighting

FAX
11-13-2011, 12:06 AM
They're calling for an investigation into this decision already.

FAX

KC_Connection
11-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Such a screw job.

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 12:07 AM
They're calling for an investigation into this decision already.

FAX

they better be, no one there or watching thought it was a pacquiao by decision

FAX
11-13-2011, 12:09 AM
They're calling the decision "disgusting" and a "fraud".

FAX

Simply Red
11-13-2011, 12:10 AM
It was closer than you all realize, i think. But still scales were tipped to set up the knock out fight, for revenue... Floyd M should win, but, it TOO will be about like this one was, as far as HOW it progressed and finished, same basic tempo, only more lands and overall MORE exciting. But yeah, FMW will beat Paq. I have to question the fitness.... Though Merchant said he was in phenomenal shape.

FAX
11-13-2011, 12:10 AM
ROFL

They can't find a highlight clip that shows Pacquiao actually hitting Marquez.

FAX

KC2004
11-13-2011, 12:11 AM
LOL

Now Mayweather isn't a counterpuncher? As I've said for a couple of years now, even as a huge Pacquiao fan, Floyd would pick apart Pac and his shit defense.

Just found this amusing. Mayweather pissed off about a dj's comment. must of struck close to home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO36J9aD-vg&feature=player_embedded

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 12:12 AM
They're calling the decision "disgusting" and a "fraud".

FAX

the way i look at it is, Marquez might of won, he might not of won, but Pacman definitely did NOT win the fight

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 12:12 AM
ROFL

FAX

where you hearing this stuff?

Simply Red
11-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Did any of you actually watch it on HBO? Honestly, the feed quality wasn't clear enough for me to leave my evaluation, so..... How'd it look non-choppy and 'legally?'

FAX
11-13-2011, 12:14 AM
where you hearing this stuff?

It's an British broadcast. Online.

They're ripping this deal to shreds.

Honestly, they showed a bunch of "highlights" and none of them show Pacquiao actually striking Marquez. They're commenting on it. Trying to find a shot where Pacquiao lands a blow.

FAX

Simply Red
11-13-2011, 12:16 AM
ROFL

FAX

Hopefully that's what the announcers are saying, because they showed some JUST after the fight, wth are they even talking about???! - That brit is biased, as well, w/ his views.

FAX
11-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Well ... they showed a bunch of highlights to those in attendance right after the fight which led to a rousing chorus of "boos", also.

The ringside guy mentioned at the time that none of those clips showed Pacquiao doing anything except taking shots ... certainly not landing any. The guys in the studio reiterated that view after watching a bunch of clips, as well.

People will see it how they see it, I guess. To my mind, you have to actually hit the other guy with your fist in order to win a fight.

FAX

FAX
11-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Which chick did you guys like better? The one that played opposite Tom Hanks in "The Da Vince Code" or the one who played opposite him in "Angels and Demons"?

FAX

rolstrol
11-13-2011, 12:27 AM
a 1-2 run for the hills with a little counterfighting mixed in there. Way different style then JMM because JMM doesnt have floys speeds. TOTALLY Different. JMM will not run unless he gets hit by a shot that gets his attention. Floyd is 1-2 then exit stage left.

those 1-2 punches seem to be very effective and efficient. And I'm not sure if you missed his last couple of fights because there sure wasn't any running from either opponent.. even when he fought the young fast, bigger and stronger Ortiz. Floyd just gets boxing and is that good.

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 12:30 AM
i guess you cant leave it in the hands of the scorer, you have to knock his ass out to be able to win against pacquiao, not leaving it into the hands of others, im pissed

FAX
11-13-2011, 12:32 AM
i guess you cant leave it in the hands of the scorer, you have to knock his ass out to be able to win against pacquiao, not leaving it into the hands of others, im pissed

Looks that way.

Except it's darn near impossible to knock the little bastard out.

FAX

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Looks that way.

Except it's darn near impossible to knock the little bastard out.

FAX

marquez fought about just as good of a fight as you can against the little guy too, and got shafted by the scorers who dont want to see an upset happen, for fear it might hurt ratings, thats my theory anyways

Reaper16
11-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Draw, IMO. Decision made solely to perpetuate hopes for a Manny/Floyd fight.

Buck
11-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Good Fight. I can't argue with the decision. I could have seen that going either way.

lcarus
11-13-2011, 12:48 AM
It's an British broadcast. Online.

They're ripping this deal to shreds.

Honestly, they showed a bunch of "highlights" and none of them show Pacquiao actually striking Marquez. They're commenting on it. Trying to find a shot where Pacquiao lands a blow.

FAX

Pacquiao landed plenty of blows...

Not saying the decision was the right one though. The one announcer made it seem like Marquez was running away with it. Probably closer than that idiot thought, but I still think Marquez should have the victory.

Al Bundy
11-13-2011, 12:52 AM
marquez fought about just as good of a fight as you can against the little guy too, and got shafted by the scorers who dont want to see an upset happen, for fear it might hurt ratings, thats my theory anyways

Except the 12th round... Marquez got some bad advice from his corner.

lcarus
11-13-2011, 12:53 AM

They probably assumed he had the fight won as long as he didn't get knocked out. Which is what I thought at the time too. Guess not. Not sure it mattered at all what Marquez did in the 12th to be honest.

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 12:54 AM

agreed, he was slowing down towards the end, the 10th and 12th were his worst, but i felt he did enough to still win

FAX
11-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Pacquiao landed plenty of blows...

Not saying the decision was the right one though. The one announcer made it seem like Marquez was running away with it. Probably closer than that idiot thought, but I still think Marquez should have the victory.

I guess they just selected some one-sided highlights then. I mean, all the clips they reviewed were ones showing Pacquiao getting swatted.

FAX

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 01:23 AM
I guess they just selected some one-sided highlights then. I mean, all the clips they reviewed were ones showing Pacquiao getting swatted.

FAX

pac def landed some blows, but in no way dominated the fight, or even led the fight

CHENZ A!
11-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Bunch of conspiracy theorists over here..

Pacquiao won a REALLY close fight. That's it and that's all.

Money still doesn't want anything to do with him, and probably wouldn't give Victor a rematch either. Boxing fans know who the best is, it's obvious.

FAX
11-13-2011, 01:37 AM

Money still doesn't want anything to do with him, and probably wouldn't give Victor a rematch either. Boxing fans know who the best is, it's obvious.

It is what it is, at this point.

I saw it the other way and am merely reporting what the commentators were saying on the post-fight program I was watching. Having had no money on the outcome, the decision doesn't really have much of an effect on me.

I thought the issue with the highlights was humorous, though.

FAX

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 01:39 AM
It is what it is, at this point.

I saw it the other way and am merely reporting what the commentators were saying on the post-fight program I was watching. Having had no money on the outcome, the decision doesn't really have much of an effect on me.

I thought the issue with the highlights was humorous, though.

FAX

o well, nothing we can do about it

FAX
11-13-2011, 01:42 AM
o well, nothing we can do about it

Nope.

Although both of the British "experts" that were on the post-fight program I was watching were calling for a full investigation of the decision. They were totally flabbergasted and somewhat angry over the result. I wish I knew their names.

One of them was talking about how the media has completely bought into the Pacquiao story and elevated him to the point that it will take more to dethrone him than it would otherwise.

It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

FAX

HoneyBadger
11-13-2011, 02:07 AM

Manny did horrible in rounds 3-10

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 02:08 AM
Manny did horrible in rounds 3-10

agreed

KC_Connection
11-13-2011, 02:08 AM

Except Pac was completely outfought, it was pretty obvious to anyone not biased and blinded by the myth of his greatness.

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 02:24 AM
Except Pac was completely outfought, it was pretty obvious to anyone not biased and blinded by the myth of his greatness.

anyone who actually saw the fight would say the same thing

kcxiv
11-13-2011, 03:29 AM
those 1-2 punches seem to be very effective and efficient. And I'm not sure if you missed his last couple of fights because there sure wasn't any running from either opponent.. even when he fought the young fast, bigger and stronger Ortiz. Floyd just gets boxing and is that good.

Bigger stronger yes, faster? Hell no. Not even close. I never said they werent effecitve and efficient. Floyd is a great great fighter. Ill NEVER Say he isnt, all i am saying is floyd is not a knock out boxer. Can he knock fools out? absolutely, but thats not his game. Manny can take a punch, manny is also fast. Its going to be a good fight.

Anyone thinking that any of them 2 boxers are going to demolish the other is trippen, it aint happening unless someone gets a lucky punch right on the button. It is boxing after all.

Caseyguyrr
11-13-2011, 03:33 AM
Bigger stronger yes, faster? Hell no. Not even close. I never said they werent effecitve and efficient. Floyd is a great great fighter. Ill NEVER Say he isnt, all i am saying is floyd is not a knock out boxer. Can he knock fools out? absolutely, but thats not his game. Manny can take a punch, manny is also fast. Its going to be a good fight.

Anyone thinking that any of them 2 boxers are going to demolish the other is trippen, it aint happening unless someone gets a lucky punch right on the button. It is boxing after all.

that would definitely be one fight i'd pay to see

Jerm
11-13-2011, 05:40 AM

You can debate this decision all you want (and it was hardly a screwjob or a travesty, it was a close fight where it could've went either way) but calling Pacquiao's greatness a "myth" is frickin delusional and downright stupid.

KC_Connection
11-13-2011, 05:41 AM
You can debate this decision all you want (and it was hardly a screwjob or a travesty, it was a close fight where it could've went either way) but calling Pacquiao's greatness a "myth" is frickin delusional and downright stupid.
The myth is that he would stand any chance of beating Mayweather. Quit being a fanboy of Pac and see yesterday for what it was.

Jerm
11-13-2011, 05:48 AM
The myth is that he would stand any chance of beating Mayweather. Quit being a fanboy of Pac and see yesterday for what it was.

I am seeing it for what it was...I said that.

It's not about being a Pacman fanboy, I respect and recognize what he's done in the sport and I love watching him fight as I do with Floyd and others...if that makes me a fanboy than so be it.

To say he stands no chance against Floyd? That's your opinion I guess and if you want to base that off one fight, nothing I say is going to change your mind.

KC_Connection
11-13-2011, 05:52 AM
I am seeing it for what it was...I said that.

It's not about being a Pacman fanboy, I respect and recognize what he's done in the sport and I love watching him fight as I do with Floyd and others...if that makes me a fanboy than so be it.

To say he stands no chance against Floyd? That's your opinion I guess and if you want to base that off one fight, nothing I say is going to change your mind.
I'd love to see the smug Mayweather lose, but there's little reason to think that Pacquiao is going to be the one to do it (and I believed that long before that poor showing yesterday). I'm not sure anybody is going to ever do it.

rolstrol
11-13-2011, 08:09 AM

I never said Ortiz was faster.

I never said Floyd will knock you out.

What I will say what you saw against Marquez, it will be worse with Floyd.

Whether Manny can take a punch or not he doesn't like getting hitin the face consistently after throwing a punch, hence his lack of aggressiveness vs Marquez each time..

Floyd will do just as Marquez did to Manny... difference is Floyd is faster, bigger, has a longer reach, better defense, and is one of the smartest fighters to lace them up.

boogblaster
11-13-2011, 08:39 AM
last nights fight was a good fight .. as far as a mayweather fight .. it could go either way .. not a mayweather fan .. but did like him stepping up and offering to pay for fraisers burial ....

Micjones
11-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Yet another "controversial" victory over Marquez.
This guy has ALWAYS been a problem for Pacquiao.

Anyone who still thinks he has any chance to beat Floyd Mayweather is either high, crazy or both.

Buck
11-13-2011, 12:27 PM
When a football team blows out every single opponent in a season and then only wins by 2 in the bowl game, do you give them an L? No.

Pacquiao did more work in the first 6 rounds and he took a couple of the later rounds. Hell, I was rooting for Marquez and I thought the decision was fair.

kcxiv
11-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Yet another "controversial" victory over Marquez.
This guy has ALWAYS been a problem for Pacquiao.

Anyone who still thinks he has any chance to beat Floyd Mayweather is either high, crazy or both.

Again, different style, and they will fight at a heavier weight. It will be competitive!.

Saul Good
11-13-2011, 12:55 PM
I had JMM winning 7 rounds to 5. I could have seen 8-4 or possibly 6-6. The rounds that JMM won were more one-sided than those Pac won. That's the problem with boxing scoring. Damned near every round is 10-9. It's pretty stupid. You could lose a round 10-9 without throwing a punch. When the scoring is done that way, there is no way to differentiate a solid victory in a round from a very slight edge.

Micjones
11-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Again, different style, and they will fight at a heavier weight. It will be competitive!.

Don't get me wrong...styles make fights. The fact that Pacquiao has always been tested (by Marquez) doesn't mean that he couldn't go on to beat Mayweather, but the Marquez fights expose Manny. They prove he doesn't have what it takes to beat such a technically sound defensive fighter like PBF.

kcxiv
11-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Don't get me wrong...styles make fights. The fact that Pacquiao has always been tested (by Marquez) doesn't mean that he couldn't go on to beat Mayweather, but the Marquez fights expose Manny. They prove he doesn't have what it takes to beat such a technically sound defensive fighter like PBF.

Thats what everyone wants to find out. Floyd has been hit in his last few fights and hit fairly hard a few times. Shane rocked him, but gassed the fuck out. ORtiz hit him with some nice shots, and well the JMM was just boring, because ones a counter fighter n the other is a 1-2 run fighter.

I also think JMM can take a better shot then floyd could.

KC native
11-13-2011, 01:40 PM
ROFL at the floyd ballwashers saying pacquiao has no chance against floyd.

I wasn't pulling for one fight or another last night and felt the decision was good. Close in several rounds but I gave the slight edge in more of them to Manny. I had it the same as Lederman at the end but felt it was closer than he had for the ealier parts of the fight.