http://gifs.gifbin.com/1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

Shogun
11-13-2011, 08:30 PM
dreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaams

NJChiefsFan
I lose my faith in the chiefs organization

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

They have yet to handle a QB situation correctly. I am not betting that this will be different.

Bugeater
May as well give up on it now, they're not going to bench their Precious. And an injury won't help either because then it will be Palko time.

Shogun
11-13-2011, 08:31 PM
May as well give up on it now, they're not going to bench their Precious. And an injury won't help either because then it will be Palko time.

Where is bernard pollard when you need him

11-13-2011, 08:34 PM
chiefs football - mismanaging the QB position for 40 years.

Shogun
11-13-2011, 08:35 PM
iirc stanzi actually made some good throws in preseason, moved the ball, had a td. why not try him out.

BossChief
11-13-2011, 08:37 PM
I just want to team to play well.

Honestly, Stanzi gives us the best chance to consistently win games, long term.

philfree
11-13-2011, 08:38 PM
I think they're hiding Stanzi this year. Protecting is maybe a better term. Without a normal preseason with mini camps and OTAs the master mind Chiefs are keeping Stanzi safe on the inactive list. I believe we'll see him get his chance next year after a full off season program.

I've been wrong alot though!

ChiefsCountry
11-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Stanzi isn't the answer folks. 5th rounders don't win Super Bowls. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Shogun
11-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Stanzi isn't the answer folks. 5th rounders don't win Super Bowls. Sorry to burst your bubble.

lol @ this

Deberg_1990
11-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Stanzi isnt even the backup QB.

notorious
11-13-2011, 08:40 PM
He may not be the answer, but at least he has a better chance to take us to the promise land than the current heap of shit at QB.

Shogun
11-13-2011, 08:41 PM

What are you talking about, every qb on our roster is a backup qb

Bugeater
iirc stanzi actually made some good throws in preseason, moved the ball, had a td. why not try him out.
That would require Pioli to admit he made a mistake.

You are right. but 6th rounders do.

Nightfyre
11-13-2011, 08:42 PM
I think they're hiding Stanzi this year. Protecting is maybe a better term. Without a normal preseason with mini camps and OTAs the master mind Chiefs are keeping Stanzi safe on the inactive list. I believe we'll see him get his chance next year after a full off season program.

I've been wrong alot though!

This. I think it is the Patriot method of developing QBs to keep them inactive for the first year. I mean, Mallett is inactive for the Pats as well.

petegz28
11-13-2011, 08:42 PM
You ain't seeing Stanzi this season unless Palko gets broken and Cassel is broken

philfree
11-13-2011, 08:43 PM

That's because he's being stashed away on the bench! Com'on man! Pay attention...

luv

He's also third string.

Shogun
You ain't seeing Stanzi this season unless Palko gets broken and Cassel is broken

That sounds fine to me, make it happen!

Shogun
11-13-2011, 08:44 PM
He's also third string.

Ivan Drago palko

11-13-2011, 08:44 PM
The positive thing here is that Stanzi will probably have to be activated this week.

BossChief
11-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Stanzi is the best quarterback we have on the roster.

Next year we should cut Cassel and maybe Palko, draft a quarterback high, sign a veteran and give Stanzi first crack.

CupidStunt
11-13-2011, 08:48 PM
You have faith?

The Chiefs are one of the 5 most embarrassing franchises in sports, why would you still have ANY faith whatsoever? Of course they're not going to bench Cassel.

Thig Lyfe
11-13-2011, 08:49 PM
We're keeping Stanzi healthy so we can trade him and a 1st to Buffalo for Thigpen.

BossChief
11-13-2011, 08:49 PM
You have faith?

The Chiefs are one of the 5 most embarrassing franchises in sports, why would you still have ANY faith whatsoever? Of course they're not going to bench Cassel.

ROFL

Thats just dumb.

petegz28
11-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Our entire QB situation falls strictly on Piloli. This guy was like lazy during the off-season.

Shogun
11-13-2011, 08:53 PM
We're keeping Stanzi healthy so we can trade him and a 1st to Buffalo for Thigpen.

We can only hope Thiggy rides his horse back into KC to save the day

BossChief
11-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Our entire QB situation falls strictly on Piloli. This guy was like lazy during the off-season.

LOLWUT?

notorious
11-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Thigpen is better then our top 2 QB's.

Shogun
11-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Thigpen to Mark Bradley was a deadly combo, almost as deadly as Montana to Rice

Brianfo
11-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Stanzi is the best quarterback we have on the roster.

Next year we should cut Cassel and maybe Palko, draft a quarterback high, sign a veteran and give Stanzi first crack.

What do you base that on? Seriously. back up the shit that you spew. You do realize that Casshole played in the pro bowl last year.

Shogun
11-13-2011, 08:59 PM
What do you base that on? Seriously. back up the shit that you spew. You do realize that Casshole played in the pro bowl last year.

lol @ using the pro bowl to judge talent

BossChief
11-13-2011, 09:01 PM

haha

My stance is backed up every time that useless motherfucker takes the field.

Shogun
11-13-2011, 09:03 PM
haha

My stance is backed up every time that useless motherfucker takes the field.

Dude, but he made the pro bowl

as the last option of the last option

but he was totally there, he got leid and everything, it happened.

BossChief
11-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Mark Castle is the bestest quertarbeck in tha hastery of Omareka

milkman
11-13-2011, 09:18 PM

So, you think this team can win with Pro Bowl QB Matt Cassel?

notorious
11-13-2011, 09:23 PM
We are only one game out of first place.

ROFL

Nightfyre
11-13-2011, 09:23 PM
We are only one game out of first place.

ROFL

We also have the hardest schedule of anyone in the AFC West.

philfree
11-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Palko needs his chance! This is as good as time as any...

notorious
11-13-2011, 09:26 PM
We also have the hardest schedule of anyone in the AFC West.

Oh, I know.

I find it hilarious that as horrifically shitty as this team is, we are still only one game out.

That is unbelievable.

Bump
11-13-2011, 09:46 PM
why not throw him in there now? We already have enough info on cassel. It seems that every decent QB out there right now has started from day 1. Why not Stanzi? I no longer buy into that, it's so much better for them to sit a few years bullshit, blah blah blah. Here's a list of starting QB's who have started first year, off the top of my head, feel free to add the one's I miss.

Matt Ryan
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Big Ben
Cam Newton
Mark Sanchez
Matt Stafford
Alex Smith
Sam Bradford
Joe Flacco
Andrew Dalton

and yes, there are others who sat a few years and turned out special. but who is to say the same results wouldn't have happened? either they got it or they dont

evenfall
11-13-2011, 09:52 PM
I'd have more faith in Stanzi if he had looked more consistent in college...

Chiefs=Champions
11-13-2011, 10:58 PM

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/z.gif

xjumpman5
11-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Stanzi passed for 3,004 yards, 25 touchdowns, and only 6 interceptions. And a few of those picks were due to tipped balls by his receivers. Also, he scored 30 on the wonderlic test, 1 pt below a chemist. Not saying that determines everything, but he's a smart guy that can make smart decisions.

tk13
11-13-2011, 11:23 PM
why not throw him in there now? We already have enough info on cassel. It seems that every decent QB out there right now has started from day 1. Why not Stanzi? I no longer buy into that, it's so much better for them to sit a few years bullshit, blah blah blah. Here's a list of starting QB's who have started first year, off the top of my head, feel free to add the one's I miss.

Matt Ryan
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Big Ben
Cam Newton
Mark Sanchez
Matt Stafford
Alex Smith
Sam Bradford
Joe Flacco
Andrew Dalton

and yes, there are others who sat a few years and turned out special. but who is to say the same results wouldn't have happened? either they got it or they dont

Almost every single guy on that list is a 1st round pick, if not a top 3-5 pick.

tk13
11-13-2011, 11:28 PM
That's the only thing I don't like about this. The fans are going to chew Stanzi up... people are comparing him to freaking Cam Newton and guys like that. Stanzi is a 5th round pick. It would almost be unprecedented for him to come in and have success in his rookie year.

People are going to throw him out there, he's going to fail because the team around him sucks, and people are going to write him off by next offseason. He completed 52% of his passes in the preseason against 10th stringers... he might need a little bit of time.

jd1020
11-13-2011, 11:30 PM
That's the only thing I don't like about this. The fans are going to chew Stanzi up... people are comparing him to freaking Cam Newton and guys like that. Stanzi is a 5th round pick. It would almost be unprecedented for him to come in and have success in his rookie year.

People are going to throw him out there, he's going to fail because the team around him sucks, and people are going to write him off by next offseason. He completed 52% of his passes in the preseason against 10th stringers... he might need a little bit of time.

I would think any QB worth the title could come in and be successful in this offense.

gold_and_red
11-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Isn't the offensive coaching staff as important as the franchise QB himself? Had we drafted Rodgers, do you trust Herm and Solari to have developed him? He would probably be holding a clipboard right now, his confidence destroyed learning the Run,Run,Pass,Punt offense.

For those wanting to develop a franchise QB, be careful what you wish for. We need a HC and an OC with legitimate credentials and proven track track records of helping QBs realize their potential. Muir belongs to the museum much less in the NFL. A franchise QB comes with sky high expectations from the fan base, it is easy to get disappointed with the current coaching staff we have in place to develop him.

jd1020
11-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Isn't the offensive coaching staff as important as the franchise QB himself? Had we drafted Rodgers, do you trust Herm and Solari to have developed him? He would probably be holding a clipboard right now, his confidence destroyed learning the Run,Run,Pass,Punt offense.

For those wanting to develop a franchise QB, be careful what you wish for. We need a HC and an OC with legitimate credentials and proven track track records of helping QBs realize their potential. Muir belongs to the museum much less in the NFL. A franchise QB comes with sky high expectations from the fan base, it is easy to get disappointed with the current coaching staff we have in place to develop him.

Zorn did pretty ****ing good with Flacco.

In the end, imo, it's more on the player to actually have talent.

BossChief
11-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Id have no problem whatsoever having Haley and Zorn groom a young, franchise quarterback.

pr_capone
11-13-2011, 11:38 PM
People are going to throw him out there, he's going to fail because the team around him sucks, and people are going to write him off by next offseason.

I disagree. I believe that most fans would reset their doomsday clocks back an hour or two if Stanzi got a legit shot to start. Not next game but say, the last two or three games of the season.

If they do this right... he is doing nothing but studying film, learning every stitch of playbook, and working on mechanics/vision with Zorn.

gold_and_red
11-13-2011, 11:46 PM

I desperately want to agree with you. But looking at the offensive scheming in the past 7-8 games, it looks like we are still in the dinosaur age. Agreed Cassell is a backup and lacks NFL talent, but even correctly lining up before a snap is such an achievement for this group and that is directly on the coaching staff. What we lack in talent can be overcome by shrewd tactics. Heck just sustain a few drives to keep the D fresh and at least get field goals. Can't our coaching staff even call plays to get 60 yards per drive 4 times a game much less touchdowns? I find it hard to believe that players are screwing up so badly to score only 3-7 points a game. They are definitely to blame, but I wonder if they are being put in positions to succeed.

jd1020
11-13-2011, 11:58 PM
I desperately want to agree with you. But looking at the offensive scheming in the past 7-8 games, it looks like we are still in the dinosaur age. Agreed Cassell is a backup and lacks NFL talent, but even correctly lining up before a snap is such an achievement for this group and that is directly on the coaching staff. What we lack in talent can be overcome by shrewd tactics. Heck just sustain a few drives to keep the D fresh and at least get field goals. Can't our coaching staff even call plays to get 60 yards per drive 4 times a game much less touchdowns? I find it hard to believe that players are screwing up so badly to score only 3-7 points a game. They are definitely to blame, but I wonder if they are being put in positions to succeed.

You do know Zorn is just the QB coach right?

rico
11-14-2011, 12:12 AM

And to think that Flacco transferred from Pitt to Delaware because he couldn't beat out the almighty Palko. :)

Hammock Parties
11-14-2011, 12:15 AM
I lost my faith last year in Denver.

I don't really share your opinion, however.

If we don't see Stanzi in the event of Cassel injury it will be another strike against these tard-o-whirls, though.

Red Dawg
11-14-2011, 12:15 AM

Brees 2nd, Brady 6th and Montana 3rd all won SB's. We should give him a shot. He may not have won a national title but he's tough as nails and is a gamer.

jd1020
11-14-2011, 12:16 AM
Brees 2nd, Brady 6th and Montana 3rd all won SB's. We should give him a shot. He may not have won a national title but he's tough as nails and is a gamer.

He said 5th round.

rico
11-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Whatever they do with Stanzi, I hope it's the correct approach... because the upside of Stanzi-ball is freaking fun to watch.

TrebMaxx
11-14-2011, 12:28 AM

So we should just stick with the shit the bed 7th rounder?

NJChiefsFan
11-14-2011, 01:19 AM

Odds are against it. I certainly am all for drafting a QB. That being said QBs have won SBs from later rounds and at the very least he has a better chance than Cassel because 0.05% is better than 0.00%.

Discuss Thrower
11-14-2011, 01:20 AM
So a guy who can't unseat Tyler freaking Palko for backup is supposed to be the savior of the team?

Sorry, don't buy it. Let him set the bench, maybe dress if you're out of contention in both season and game, play him in garbage time to get accustomed to NFL speed so to speak. Then give him a full year of OTAs and training camp, then split starts with whomever in preseason.

Then you'll have a greater understanding of who you have in Stanzi.

griZZly64
11-14-2011, 01:24 AM
stanzi sucks dick fellas. open your eyes

alanm
11-14-2011, 01:40 AM
We're keeping Stanzi healthy so we can trade him and a 1st to Buffalo for Thigpen.This.

aturnis
11-14-2011, 01:41 AM
So a guy who can't unseat Tyler freaking Palko for backup is supposed to be the savior of the team?

Sorry, don't buy it. Let him set the bench, maybe dress if you're out of contention in both season and game, play him in garbage time to get accustomed to NFL speed so to speak. Then give him a full year of OTAs and training camp, then split starts with whomever in preseason.

Then you'll have a greater understanding of who you have in Stanzi.

He can play circles around Palko. Stanzi isn't an option as the #2 QB at this point. He's being developed and that's to be his focus. Not worrying about getting ready to play next weeks opponent. Ryan Mallet has been inactive every game too, is he not good enough to be a backup?

Apparently you didn't watch the preseason. He did quite well given the talent around him. His receivers dropped so many perfectly thrown balls it wasn't even funny. Also his the INT he threw was a receivers fault. He looked more like an NFL QB in his very limited preseason work than Cassel ever has.

Feel free to be pessimistic though, it's probably the smart thing to do as a Chiefs fan.

In the meantime...here's his 2009 highlights...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4x2UUWgv1NQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Discuss Thrower
11-14-2011, 01:53 AM
He can play circles around Palko. Stanzi isn't an option as the #2 QB at this point. He's being developed and that's to be his focus. Not worrying about getting ready to play next weeks opponent. Ryan Mallet has been inactive every game too, is he not good enough to be a backup?

Apparently you didn't watch the preseason. He did quite well given the talent around him. His receivers dropped so many perfectly thrown balls it wasn't even funny. Also his the INT he threw was a receivers fault. He looked more like an NFL QB in his very limited preseason work than Cassel ever has.

Feel free to be pessimistic though, it's probably the smart thing to do as a Chiefs fan.

In the meantime...here's his 2009 highlights...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4x2UUWgv1NQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No, I did not watch Stanzi in the preseason, you're right. It's not being pessimistic, I feel like the point of having guys on your roster is that they're there to contribute on any given Sunday. If they can't, they don't dress. If they can't, then it seems clear to me that they're going to wind up being replaced by someone who can down the road.

Comparing Stanzi to Mallet: it makes sense, though I feel like New England looks more to Mallet as a possible QBOTF of the future prospect more so than KC feels similarly towards Stanzi. IMO, drafting Stanzi as a 5th rounder leads me to the inclination he's around to be backup QBOTF; Palko /next year's journeyman signing replacement. I don't think the FO/Pioli in April / currently are looking out for any sort of QBOTF prospect because they think Cassel is going to be the guy for the next 5-7 years. In essence, Stanzi is to Matt Cassel today as Matt Cassel was to Tom Brady in 2005.

NJChiefsFan
11-14-2011, 02:01 AM

I don't think its fair to assume that the reason he hasn't passed Palko has anything to do with skill. Do you think Richardson is beating Gaither out for RT out of skill or production.

The Chiefs have no intention of letting Stanzi start this season, so even if he is out playing Palko they wouldn't care. During practice the 3rd string gets almost no reps so there is no way for him to beat out or lose to Palko at this point. During preseason Stanzi out-played Palko.

BoneKrusher
11-14-2011, 07:07 AM
chiefs football - mismanaging the QB position for 40 years.

this should be a record.

Chiefnj2
11-14-2011, 09:36 AM
FWIW, the "experts" liked Stanzi ahead of Dalton. They also liked Ponder more than Dalton.

At least one felt Stanzi was the most NFL ready of Dalton and Kaepernick.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81edf7b3/Iowa-pro-day-report

rico
11-14-2011, 05:32 PM
A couple of Stanzi threads that will probably get a fair amount of input (from fans who watched him play for 3 years). Usually biased fans (I am a huge Stanzi fan....I have a hard time caring about the Vandy-Hawks), but there are usually skeptics sprinkled in there as well when he is mentioned.

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=149744895&mid=149744895&sid=940&style=2

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=149741432&mid=149741432&sid=940&style=2

Shogun
11-14-2011, 05:33 PM
i am a wizard