PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cassel is out for the year maybe

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

88TG88
11-15-2011, 07:33 PM
GOOD

Chiefnj2
11-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Making the playoffs and making serious noise in the playoffs are two different things.

The Niners are set up almost identical to the Chiefs of the 90's. Running game, strong defense, game manager at QB.

Unless their defense goes '85 Bears on their opponents, or their opponents just shit the bed, the Niners go nowhere in the playoffs, IMO.

Making the playoffs is an achievement for them this year. I also disagree with your view of them. They've won 4 east coast teams and have beaten teams like the Giants.

ModSocks
Exactly. We expected to lose all 5 of these games with Cassel our (sadly) best QB. How do we think we are going to beat some of the best in the league with Palko under center.

Uhhmmmmm......

Because he wears the #4?

Ming the Merciless
I would say with an inexperienced QB and the way we are playing, this team can win 2 more games.

Id have to agree, thats where I would put the over / under at if I had to right at this moment.

dirk digler
11-15-2011, 07:36 PM
This. And why is he any "less" ready than Palko? AFAIK Stanzi has 9 less NFL completions than Palko, and that's it.

It really doesn't make any sense but that is the Chiefs for you.

Ming the Merciless
11-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Making the playoffs is an achievement for them this year. I also disagree with your view of them. They've won 4 east coast teams and have beaten teams like the Giants.

Only time will tell, but the Giants win was definitely huge for them. I dont see them being able to string 3 of those kinds of games together in a row to win a superbowl ring though...

SO I pretty much see them as one in done or MAYBE losing in the championship game if the get the right opponent in the second round and a 1st roud bye.

MahiMike
11-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Umm...you really think were gonna win 4 or 5 more games? I'm thinking 1-2 maybe....3 would be a suprise....If we win 4 more games, and one of them is the Dec 24 game that would be doing pretty damn good under the circumstances...

I wasn't saying that. Just saying that we could split our games. Kinda silly to think Palco can't be just as good as Cassel.

Ming the Merciless
11-15-2011, 07:38 PM
This. And why is he any "less" ready than Palko? AFAIK Stanzi has 9 less NFL completions than Palko, and that's it.

Not exactly it....Palko has been studying in the NFL and preparing since 07.

OnTheWarpath15
11-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Well those 90's Chiefs teams would have made more noise in the playoffs had we not had

1. One of the worst post season coaches in the modern era

2. Pure s@#$$y bad luck come playoff time

Whether Harbaugh is the 49ers version of Marty remains to be seen, but the formula of running the football and playing good defense has been shown to work time and time again.

Disagree.

Out of the last 6 SB participants, only the 2009 Saints were a Top 10 rushing team.

4 of the 6 were ranked 23rd or lower - the 2009 Colts and 2008 Cardinals were ranked DEAD LAST.

The NFL is now a passing league.

Ming the Merciless
11-15-2011, 07:39 PM
I wasn't saying that. Just saying that we could split our games. Kinda silly to think Palco can't be just as good as Cassel.

well we have 7 games left so splitting them is 4 games roughly....and no it isn't 'silly'....what is silly is to think Palko could step in and win 4 of the next 7 games.

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2011, 07:40 PM
If we're worried about "ruining" a fifth-round selection, he was never a viable solution in the first place.

Heh, pretty much. It's not like he's a huge investment.

Stanzi is unknown. His ballwashers are treating him like a #1 overall.

BossChief
11-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Informed decision come draft time?

How Ricky Stanzi performs if given the chance should have absolutely no bearing on the decision making come draft time. He's a freaking 5th round pick. A handful of solid performances at the end of this year doesn't make him the answer.

If there is a QB available at our pick that the scouts/Pioli think is a franchise QB, he has to be the pick. Period.

Sadly, I'm not convinced that Pioli and Company are capable of evaluating QB's, so it may not matter. Which is why it was so important to some of us that we had a shot at Luck. He's the Eric Berry of 2011 - Pioli couldn't screw it up.

Now, probably sitting between 5-10 on draft day, we have to hope that:

A) Pioli realizes he needs a franchise QB

B) He makes the right decision between the available QB's

While I obviously totally agree that if we are in position to take one of the top 5 QBs of the upcoming draft, we MUST do so (almost) regardless of what happens with Stanzi...I think you are severely underestimating the impact a passer like Stanzi can have on a young team like this one.

I have always thought that once a player is drafted, his "ranking" from college and whatnot is wiped clean and he should be judged SOLELY on what he has done as a pro.

If Stanzi gets a shot against good teams and shows the stage isnt too big for him and that he is able to perform well under those circumstances, whats the REAL difference between Stanzi and Dalton?

After all, prior to the draft Kiper and Mayock BOTH said that they felt Stanzi had the best channce at a productive career over guys like Dalton...so I am obviously NOT alone in my thoughts here.

If I was with the Bengals, I sure as hell wouldn't be looking to replace Dalton with a first rounder just based on the fact that he was drafted in the second round.

I have seen a fuckton of BOTH of them in real games in college and I truly dont think there is a wide gap in between their ability levels.

You are probably right but it still doesn't make any sense. Stanzi was a 4-year starter for a national program it is not like he started for CMSU so I don't get this he is not ready bs.
3 year starter.
If we're worried about "ruining" a fifth-round selection, he was never a viable solution in the first place.

I have talked about this a few times in the past few months since he was drafted and the only way we could "be ruined" is if the protection causes a career ending injury.

Stanzi is a fucking fighter.

His biggest knock was early mistakes in games, mistakes that he almost ALWAYS fought back from to get his team the win.

The kid is mentally strong...the idea that a few mistakes or overwhelming defenses could "ruin him" is beyond laughable and also very ignorant.

***That was obviously not meant as an attack on you, Deez, as you didn't say he would be ruined....you just opened the can.

aturnis
11-15-2011, 11:39 PM
Only time will tell, but the Giants win was definitely huge for them. I dont see them being able to string 3 of those kinds of games together in a row to win a superbowl ring though...

SO I pretty much see them as one and done or MAYBE losing in the championship game if the get the right opponent in the second round and a 1st roud bye.

fixed.

Titty Meat
11-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Yeah guys Stanzi is a fucking fighter! He led his team to a 1 point 17-16 victory over Nothern Iowa.

aturnis
11-15-2011, 11:43 PM

The Giants have also lost to other shitty teams. Redskins and the Seahawks both rolled on them. What's with guys on this board using shitty teams as an example of how x team has beat good teams this year? I guess it's b/c there isn't a team outside of Green Bay who hasn't completely shit down their leg this season.

Anyone still want to act like beating the Ravens or Eagles is a feat?

BossChief
11-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Yeah guys Stanzi is a fucking fighter! He led his team to a 1 point 17-16 victory over Nothern Iowa.

ROFL

If you are gonna make the opposing argument to my statement, that was one hell of a weak way to do it.

Shit, bring up Northwestern FFS.

That's your best chance.

Titty Meat
11-15-2011, 11:47 PM
ROFL

If you are gonna make the opposing argument to my statement, that was one hell of a weak way to do it.

Shit, bring up Northwestern FFS.

That's your best chance.

Who's Northwestern? I still say Stanzi was an average QB but I hope he gets his chance to play and does well so he could be Kolb-like as far as trade value.

BossChief
11-15-2011, 11:55 PM

Ricky Stanzis average per attempt in the first half of games was 7.96...in the second half it went up to 9.57.

Fighter

Stanzi threw 4 interceptions all year. 3 were in the first quarter of games.

Quarters 2-4, his TD/INT ratio was 20-1

11td 2 picks against ranked teams.

16tds 0 ints in the red zone

aturnis
11-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Yeah guys Stanzi is a ****ing fighter! He led his team to a 1 point 17-16 victory over Nothern Iowa.

Yeah guys! Nebraska's so fucking good, they lost to Northwestern! Dey are teh best!

aturnis
11-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Who's Northwestern? I still say Stanzi was an average QB but I hope he gets his chance to play and does well so he could be Kolb-like as far as trade value.

The team that beat teh awesome Nebraska!

Titty Meat
11-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Yeah guys! Nebraska's so ****ing good, they lost to Northwestern! Dey are teh best!

What's that have to do with Ricky Stanzi being an average college QB and a bench warmer in the NFL?

aturnis
11-16-2011, 12:04 AM
What's that have to do with Ricky Stanzi being an average college QB and a bench warmer in the NFL?

It's not. It's about you always taking shots and acting as though Iowa is irrelevant. Come on, they might be this year, but they've been more relevant than Nebraska in the 2000's.

We'll see about all the Stanzi stuff.

Bugeater
11-16-2011, 12:13 AM
It's not. It's about you always taking shots and acting as though Iowa is irrelevant. Come on, they might be this year, but they've been more relevant than Nebraska in the 2000's.

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2011, 12:18 AM

Nebraska played for the NC in 2001.

aturnis
11-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Nebraska played for the NC in 2001.

I'm talking about consistency. Nebraska has had plenty of down years since 2000.

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 01:09 AM
well we have 7 games left so splitting them is 4 games roughly....and no it isn't 'silly'....what is silly is to think Palko could step in and win 4 of the next 7 games.

God you are stupid, I honestly will be surprised if the Chiefs win another game this year.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 01:12 AM
God you are stupid, I honestly will be surprised if the Chiefs win another game this year.

I hope they don't. I'd like a shot at Barkley.

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 01:17 AM
I hope they don't. I'd like a shot at Barkley.

I believe I would too at this point, I look at the rest of your scedule and the only game I think you can win is the game against the Donks in the last game, that schedule is BRUTAL for you guys from here on out.

Titty Meat
11-16-2011, 01:25 AM

I guess i'd rather argue about Nebraska than talk about Stanzi being average QB while posting his highlight tape that consists of him talking about "if you don't love america gtfo" and tearing up Northern Iowa & a Greg Robinson led defense.

BTW Nebraska has more wins than Iowa from 2000-2010 and one National Championship appearance in what was a pretty mediocre decade for Nebraska football but carry on Hawkeye Homer.

Smed1065
11-16-2011, 01:32 AM
Cassel played this year?

kcxiv
11-16-2011, 02:29 AM
Stanzi we dont know what we have. he could be the suck, he could be average, he would be good. He's played alot of football, he now has a pretty damned good QB coach that could help tweak a few things and make him alot better.

Point is we dont really know what the fuck right now. For me, i do know, that Cassel is out (YESSSSS) and we got a youngster that they can throw in the fire for a season thats pretty much dead. I dont see anything wrong here. Well, after one figures out that this season is dead.

Iconic
11-16-2011, 02:35 AM
We could have Tom Brady under center but it wouldn't mean shit... Nothing will change until Haley and his corpse bride Muir leave.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 02:41 AM
We could have Tom Brady under center but it wouldn't mean shit... Nothing will change until Haley and his corpse bride Muir leave.

Congrats on the dumbest post of the year!

Moron...

kcxiv
11-16-2011, 02:59 AM

Moron...

lol, gotta be a top 5 or bottom 5, thats for sure.

Iconic
11-16-2011, 03:18 AM

Moron...

Nothing wrong with what I said. A good coaching staff pays dividends for what happens on the field. Give Haley all the excuses you want like "OH NOEZ HE'S HANDCUFFED TO CASSHOLE". The next couple weeks will prove just how much of a incompetent HC he is.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 03:29 AM
Nothing wrong with what I said. A good coaching staff pays dividends for what happens on the field. Give Haley all the excuses you want like "OH NOEZ HE'S HANDCUFFED TO CASSHOLE". The next couple weeks will prove just how much of a incompetent HC he is.

LOL more dumbassery

Iconic
11-16-2011, 03:31 AM
LOL more dumbassery

You've been here for over a fucking decade and you have your rep disabled... I wonder why.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 04:18 AM
You've been here for over a fucking decade and you have your rep disabled... I wonder why.

Because rep was reset earlier this year and I'm not 14.

milkman
11-16-2011, 09:05 AM
cut your only qbs with actual game experience and play essentially two rookies. brilliant!

Why not?
That's what Green Bay did a couple of years ago.

First off I am not comparing Cassel to Marino but QB only goes so far. Marino is in on everyone who has a clue top 5 all time QBs list and he and never won a ring. It takes a great team to win the ring~

While QB has always been the most important poistion on the field, when Marino was playing, it wasn't nearly magnified to the extent that it is now, and it was a more team oriented sport.

Marino never had the team around him that could compete with the great teams of his era.

In today's NFL, Marino would have a very good shot at a ring.

When did I ever suggest that in the least? How could you even come to that conclusion?

I don't trust Pioli to do anything because he's a ****ing boob. I trust him to occasionally get things right because some decisions are so patently ****ing obvious (Eric Berry) that no one could **** them up.

Taking a 5 tech in the top 5 with no pass rushing skills is obviously a bad decision, so I'm not convinced that he won't **** up the obvious decisions.

Would Belichick got Manning more than one ring

I've said this before, but I honestly believe that Marty and Manning could have won a couple of rings together.

As much as I hate Marty, and believe that Manning has been a choker, their strengths could have complemented each other, and minimized each other's faults.

Generally speaking, Haley seems to get more respect from his players and motivate them better, but he's absolutely Herm's equal on Sundays.

This is how I feel.
Obviously there are game decisions and other areas that he needs to vastly improve on, but I there's a chance he can learn, and become a damn good coach.

Well those 90's Chiefs teams would have made more noise in the playoffs had we not had

1. One of the worst post season coaches in the modern era

2. Pure s@#$$y bad luck come playoff time

Whether Harbaugh is the 49ers version of Marty remains to be seen, but the formula of running the football and playing good defense has been shown to work time and time again.

That formula can win you a lot of games, but won't win you a championship, unless you have historically great defense.

The problem is, with the rules set up the way they are, we've seen the last of historically great defense.

Its because deep down everyone knows that no matter how much Cassel blows, he is better than Palko. We just lost to the two worst teams in the league at home. Our QB with the highest skill set will never see the field because he's been determined to be "not ready." We also have the toughest part of our schedule ahead.

Deep down, I am honestly not convinced that Palko is worse than Cassel.

Both suck, and their suckage may very well be equal.

Really?

Changing from one suckass QB to another suckass QB is somehow going to prove Haley's incompetence?

How doe that work?

Chiefnj2
11-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Really?

Changing from one suckass QB to another suckass QB is somehow going to prove Haley's incompetence?

How doe that work?

Haley has no part in choosing backup QB's??

milkman
11-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Haley has no part in choosing backup QB's??

What does Scott Pioli do if Haley is deciding who to go out and sign and not to sign?

Haley might have a voice, but building the roster is Pioli's responsibility, and he makes the final call.

OnTheWarpath15
Now that I've just seen Stanzi compared to Andy Dalton, is there anyone that's not a blatant Hawkeye homer that would like to tell us all how good Stanzi is, and how he's just as good as other Top 40 picks?

And there's still a question someone else asked that I haven't seen an answer to, even from the Hawkeye Homers:

Why was Stanzi a 5th round pick?

King_Chief_Fan

okay, you will have to explain his one.......having a worthless Qb and moving to a more worthles QB and the coach is supposed to pull something out of his ass? What? How do you coach and plan with Palko and win if you can't with Cassel?

MahiMike
11-16-2011, 09:44 AM
okay, you will have to explain his one.......having a worthless Qb and moving to a more worthles QB and the coach is supposed to pull something out of his ass? What? How do you coach and plan with Palko and win if you can't with Cassel?

In a word - Mobility. It'll be like the Thigpen days. An immobile QB + our porous OL = disaster. Throw in a mobile QB and things will get better. I say we hang 24 on Pats.

gblowfish
11-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Brokie is still a free agent. How bout we sign him, start him against the Pats, he'll get his knees crushed sometime in the first half, then we just let Palko hand off 40 times to Jackie Battle the second half?

Pats win 55-0.

stonedstooge
11-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Brokie is still a free agent. How bout we sign him, start him against the Pats, he'll get his knees crushed sometime in the first half, then we just let Palko hand off 40 times to Jackie Battle the second half?

Pats win 55-0.

Might take some money out of Clark's hands. The Chiefs were called out during the contract negotiations for not spending money, and even with 4 of the major players out with injuries, the organization sits on their hands AGAIN

Chiefnj2
11-16-2011, 09:51 AM
What does Scott Pioli do if Haley is deciding who to go out and sign and not to sign?

Haley might have a voice, but building the roster is Pioli's responsibility, and he makes the final call.

It's supposed to be a partnership where Pioli obtains the players the coach needs/wants/benefits the system.

Despite rumors that certain players have been "forced on" Pioli, there has been no proof of this. The fact that Palko is the teams backup is an indictment of both Pioli and Haley.

milkman
11-16-2011, 09:56 AM
It's supposed to be a partnership where Pioli obtains the players the coach needs/wants/benefits the system.

Despite rumors that certain players have been "forced on" Pioli, there has been no proof of this. The fact that Palko is the teams backup is an indictment of both Pioli and Haley.

Well, here's what we've been told.

Pioli and Bellichick reached an agreement on players in the draft and free agency.

If they couldn't agree, those players were passed on.

What's that you say?

Bellichick drafted a couple of players that Piol was absolutely opposed to?

Can't be true.

I drink the Kool-Aid that Pioli sells.

Chiefnj2
11-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Now that I've just seen Stanzi compared to Andy Dalton, is there anyone that's not a blatant Hawkeye homer that would like to tell us all how good Stanzi is, and how he's just as good as other Top 40 picks?

And there's still a question someone else asked that I haven't seen an answer to, even from the Hawkeye Homers:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81edf7b3/Iowa-pro-day-report

5:00 mark

BossChief
11-16-2011, 10:39 AM

Prior to the draft, BOTH Kiper and Mayock said he would be the best of the second tier qbs in that class. But, yeah, I wouldn't listen to them because they are Hawkeue homers, too.

durtyrute
11-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Don't tease me bro.

11-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Nebraska played for the NC in 2001.That was the one they backed into right?

11-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Stanzi we dont know what we have. he could be the suck, he could be average, he would be good. He's played alot of football, he now has a pretty damned good QB coach that could help tweak a few things and make him alot better.

Point is we dont really know what the **** right now. For me, i do know, that Cassel is out (YESSSSS) and we got a youngster that they can throw in the fire for a season thats pretty much dead. I dont see anything wrong here. Well, after one figures out that this season is dead.Yeah but we will probably stay within 2 games of the AFCW lead just because this division sucks badly. So Haley will keep Palko in there.

Bugeater
11-16-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm talking about consistency. Nebraska has had plenty of down years since 2000.
And so has Iowa. I'm not going to research it again, but I had the same damn argument awhile back with another Hawktard on here, and after checking both team's records over the last decade, there were 4 years Iowa finished with a better record, 4 years Nebraska finished with a better record, and two years they finished with the same record. They've been equally irrelevant.

OnTheWarpath15
11-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Prior to the draft, BOTH Kiper and Mayock said he would be the best of the second tier qbs in that class. But, yeah, I wouldn't listen to them because they are Hawkeue homers, too.

So you're admitting he's a second tier QB.

I have nothing further, Your Honor.

ILChief
11-16-2011, 01:11 PM

Actually kiper was asked which qb in the draft would have the best career and he said stanzi. Not sure about mayock

Chiefnj2
11-16-2011, 01:12 PM

Moving those goal posts.

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Actually kiper was asked which qb in the draft would have the best career and he said stanzi. Not sure about mayock

Umm Kiper said Jamarcus would be a top 5 QB in 3 years when he was drafted...

mlyonsd
11-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Umm Kiper said Jamarcus would be a top 5 QB in 3 years when he was drafted...The stench of the black hole would do the same to Luck too.

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 01:21 PM
The stench of the black hole would do the same to Luck too.

Well Jameatloaf is out there, pick him up and prove it was the Raiders fault

mlyonsd
11-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Well Jameatloaf is out there, pick him up and prove it was the Raiders faultToo late. Once you have lung cancer there isn't much hope.

Iconic
11-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Really?

How doe that work?

If the teams play improves while Cassel is out that means he is the problem. If we digress while he's gone that indicates a blatant incapability at the coaching position.

Are you admitting Cassel was the best QB on our roster and gave us the best chance to win?

BossChief
11-16-2011, 02:27 PM

Dalton was viewed as such prior to the draft, too.

What's your point?

If you were a cincy fan, would you still want the team to be looking at quarterbacks in the first round next year?

It's just further proof that the draft is an imperfect science.

Dalton has already shown to be better than all of the quarterbacks taken in front of him (sans Cam) and he was viewed as a second tier guy, too.

KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING RICKY STANZI!!!!!

go bo
11-16-2011, 02:29 PM
ricky who?

milkman
11-16-2011, 02:48 PM
If the teams play improves while Cassel is out that means he is the problem. If we digress while he's gone that indicates a blatant incapability at the coaching position.

I'm in awe of the sheer stupidity of this post.

If Palko is worse than Cassel, as most think, then a decline in the team's performance can be directly blamed on the loss of your starting QB, and in no way would be an indication of Haley's incompetence.

I have no idea how you could jump to that conclusion.

TribalChief
11-16-2011, 03:01 PM
What I would do to see Andrew Luck in a Chiefs uniform...

milkman
11-16-2011, 03:05 PM

Since you won't see that, what are you gonna do when you don't.

OnTheWarpath15
11-16-2011, 03:08 PM

What's your point?

If you were a cincy fan, would you still want the team to be looking at quarterbacks in the first round next year?

Dalton has already shown to be better than all of the quarterbacks taken in front of him (sans Cam) and he was viewed as a second tier guy, too.

KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING RICKY STANZI!!!!!

Dalton's a high 2nd round pick. He's played the entire year, and played well.

Stanzi is a 5th round pick that has never taken a snap.

The fact you're comparing the two says a lot about your bias.

If a franchise QB is available for this organization to draft, Ricky Stanzi cannot and should not be the reason they pass, regardless of what he does the rest of this season.

And since he can't seem to beat out Tyler Palko, it's really a moot point anyway.

Red Beans
11-16-2011, 03:08 PM

http://i42.tinypic.com/141p4ye.jpg

mdchiefsfan
11-16-2011, 03:15 PM

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab336/davepont3/jumptoconclusionsmat.jpg

rico
11-16-2011, 03:19 PM

What's your point?

KEEP ****ING DOUBTING RICKY STANZI!!!!!

Boss Chief: Do you have a difficult time getting into the Vandy-Hawks opposed to the Stanzi-Hawks? I do. I don't know why....and hecK, Vandy is a local boy to me... he went to a high school that is in our region and only 40 or so miles away from me.... I have been reading about him in our local paper since he was in high school. In fact, my mom works as a nurse with his father, who is a doctor. You would think someone like me would be biased for this kid. However, I just can't get in to this team like I was able to get into the Stanzi-Hawks. I know the supporting cast this year is not nearly as talented, but still... even when JVB started for those 2 games when Stanzi was hurt in 2009, it was somewhat cool to catch a glimpse of our future, but the kid just wasn't as charasmatic as Stanzi. Do you feel that way as well or are you a Vandy fan?

To those who are questioning why so many fans (primarily Hawk fans) are so pro-Stanzi, all I can say is it was one of those, "you just had to be there to understand it" eras. Stanzi compiled a huge following from the moment he took the spot from Jake Christenson, who coming in, was considered one of the best QB prospects in the nation.... noone even knew who Stanzi was when he signed at Iowa because everyone was so ecstatic about Jake Christenson signing. He was a fan favorite due to the level of excitement he was able to bring against ANY team the Hawks faced, even if the Hawks were predicted to be blown out.

If it weren't for Stanzi's sometimes erratic, bone-headed play in the first quarter, he would have put up hella-numbers his Junior season along with his Senior season. The guy is very charismatic and has some great potential. There have been other likeable Iowa QB's, but Stanzi has been, without question, one of Iowa's fan favorites.... and for valid reasons.

IF Stanzi gets some playing time in the near or distant future AND succeeds, I predict that there will be a swarm of new Chiefs fans from Iowa. Many Iowans who are die-hard Hawk fans don't have a favorite NFL team. Many don't even follow the NFL... presumably because they just can't find a valid reason to follow it... IF Stanzi succeeds for a somewhat local team, I believe that will be their reason to follow the NFL and this will probably be what sets the hook long-term for what team they root for in the future...and hopefully they encourage their kids to do the same.

Speaking of ongoing generations of fans, blech, my dad tried raising me as a Bears fan. He was a die-hard St. Louis Cardinals fan and somewhat avid Bears fans. He preached his hate for Cubs fans and I bought in to it. When I was 7 or 8 years old, I started noticing that my friends who were Cubs fans were also Bears fans, so I couldn't find any logic in rooting for that team, given the Cubs' obnoxious fanbase. One day, (I am guessing when I was 7-8...1991) my dad had the Bears game on, and their kicker, Kevin Butler missed a bunch of field goals against the Raiders. I made my decision that day that I was NOT going to root for ANY Chicago team (although the Bulls made it difficult not to). That is when I became a Chiefs fan. I picked them because they were somewhat close to Iowa and I liked their logo. The funny thing is, every time I catch my dad watching a Bears game, I remind him that he is cheering for the same team as the Cubs fans. Over the years, I have noticed him watching more Chiefs games. He declares them as "his 2nd favorite team because his SONS like them." I am the oldest of 4 brothers, and my younger 3 brother are ALL Chiefs fans because of me. When I asked him last year if he was willing to admit that he is now a Chiefs fan, he replied, "you are never going to convert me to anything, but a Bears fan." However, through our conversations these past few years, I have noticed that he has a good grip on what's going on with the Chiefs and seems to be blissfully unaware of what's going on with Da Bears... In fact, he was the one who texted me about how he read on the Chiefs website that Cassel may be out for the rest of the season. Closet Chiefs fan???? Hmmmmm............... :)

rico
11-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Another interesting thing about Stanzi. My fiance lived in Ohio for 2 years (where Stanzi is originally from). She said that when people learned that she was an Iowan, 75% of the time they would mention Ricky Stanzi. I am not overly familiar with his high school career, but he was definitely well known in the region of Ohio (Niles) where she was living at the time.

Chiefnj2
11-16-2011, 03:32 PM

The two were compared by the draft gurus prior to the draft.

You are the person who said "Now that I've just seen Stanzi compared to Andy Dalton, is there anyone that's not a blatant Hawkeye homer that would like to tell us all how good Stanzi is, and how he's just as good as other Top 40 picks"

When people provide you with links and references to analysts who compared them , and who for the most part preferred Stanzi over Dalton and who thought Stanzi was the most NFL ready of the QB's not named Newton, Gabbert and Locker, you disregard everything and fall back on "well he's a 5th round pick he sucks".

OnTheWarpath15
11-16-2011, 04:06 PM
The two were compared by the draft gurus prior to the draft.

You are the person who said "Now that I've just seen Stanzi compared to Andy Dalton, is there anyone that's not a blatant Hawkeye homer that would like to tell us all how good Stanzi is, and how he's just as good as other Top 40 picks"

When people provide you with links and references to analysts who compared them , and who for the most part preferred Stanzi over Dalton and who thought Stanzi was the most NFL ready of the QB's not named Newton, Gabbert and Locker, you disregard everything and fall back on "well he's a 5th round pick he sucks".

Great. Two draft gurus compared them, yet one went in the very early second and is starting, and the other went in the 5th and has been inactive every week.

Glad we've decided everything Mel "I'll see you at Mike Williams HOF induction" "Dan McGwire and Brett Favre are equal prospects" Kiper has to say about the draft.

Still waiting for someone to tell us why he was a 5th round pick, because according to some, he should have been a 2nd round pick like Dalton.

11-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Dalton's a high 2nd round pick. He's played the entire year, and played well.

Stanzi is a 5th round pick that has never taken a snap.

If a franchise QB is available for this organization to draft, Ricky Stanzi cannot and should not be the reason they pass, regardless of what he does the rest of this season.

And since he can't seem to beat out Tyler Palko, it's really a moot point anyway.I really question whether it is a matter of him beating out Palko as much as it the organization preferring to keep a rookie QB inactive. Considering this is what the patriots did, it seems like they are doing the same here.

rico
11-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Great. Two draft gurus compared them, yet one went in the very early second and is starting, and the other went in the 5th and has been inactive every week.

Glad we've decided everything Mel "I'll see you at Mike Williams HOF induction" "Dan McGwire and Brett Favre are equal prospects" Kiper has to say about the draft.

Still waiting for someone to tell us why he was a 5th round pick, because according to some, he should have been a 2nd round pick like Dalton.

I am guessing a lot of it has to do with him not shining at the combine.

SAUTO
11-16-2011, 04:15 PM
I really question whether it is a matter of him beating out Palko as much as it the organization preferring to keep a rookie QB inactive. Considering this is what the patriots did, it seems like they are doing the same here.

this...

DeezNutz
11-16-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't trust a single decision that Pioli is making at this point.

We can all pretty much agree that the depth on this team is abysmal, and thus we definitively needed to be more active in the FA market and even more astute on draft day. The shortened length of the former should have given the best and most prepared GMs an enormous advantage, and, last I checked, Pioli was being paid to be the best.

I hope the Cassel albatross cuts off the circulation soon.

rico
11-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Speaking of the combine, how reliable has it been in terms of evaluating talent?

aturnis
11-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Rico, Stanzi didn't do all too bad at the combine. I remember watching him throw, and while throwing deep slant to the sidelines, Stanzi only connected on 1or 2. The NFL Network commentators were stroking his nuts though. Talking about how every pass was pretty well perfectly placed, and that he was smart not to care whether or not he completed the pass, more of the QB's should have done the same thing. It wasn't Stanzi's fault the WR wasn't where he was supposed to be. Of course the next day, a bunch of the media guys were reporting that he did horribly. Proving to me that a lot of those guys don't know shit. They talked about his great footwork also, yet you'll routinely see it as a con in his scouting reports.

Also had a bunch of guys reporting how bad he did at the Senior Bowl practices, but his coaches were more or less in awe of the way he commanded respect in the huddle. Also, hear he was studying tape of senior bowl practices that week on his own time, which impressed KC even more. Never heard of that myself. You'd think that guy's would be doing lots of other things with their own time.

Dude is the definition of a film rat. He's ready. I just think Pioli believes Brady did so well out of the gate, is b/c he got to prepare for some time without the added pressure of learning week to week game plans as the backup, and also had the extra motivation of needing to win a better spot.

Iconic
11-16-2011, 05:13 PM

If Palko is worse than Cassel, as most think, then a decline in the team's performance can be directly blamed on the loss of your starting QB, and in no way would be an indication of Haley's incompetence.

Really?

If I recall you stated Cassel and Palko where equal in their suckage. In fact you went as far to say that 'deep down' you felt Palko was better than Cassel. If that's the case we should see some progress from the offensive side of the ball should we not? I'm just basing my argument of your very own logic.

Titty Meat
11-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Rico, Stanzi didn't do all too bad at the combine. I remember watching him throw, and while throwing deep slant to the sidelines, Stanzi only connected on 1or 2. The NFL Network commentators were stroking his nuts though. Talking about how every pass was pretty well perfectly placed, and that he was smart not to care whether or not he completed the pass, more of the QB's should have done the same thing. It wasn't Stanzi's fault the WR wasn't where he was supposed to be. Of course the next day, a bunch of the media guys were reporting that he did horribly. Proving to me that a lot of those guys don't know shit. They talked about his great footwork also, yet you'll routinely see it as a con in his scouting reports.

Also had a bunch of guys reporting how bad he did at the Senior Bowl practices, but his coaches were more or less in awe of the way he commanded respect in the huddle. Also, hear he was studying tape of senior bowl practices that week on his own time, which impressed KC even more. Never heard of that myself. You'd think that guy's would be doing lots of other things with their own time.

Dude is the definition of a film rat. He's ready. I just think Pioli believes Brady did so well out of the gate, is b/c he got to prepare for some time without the added pressure of learning week to week game plans as the backup, and also had the extra motivation of needing to win a better spot.

http://gifsoup.com/view/2972338/rick-laugh-o.gif

aturnis
11-16-2011, 05:33 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view/2972338/rick-laugh-o.gif

:spock:

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Haley said Cassel's surgery went "really well," and he is holding out hope that the veteran quarterback might be able to play again in the 2011 season.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20111116_cassel_has_hand_surgery_may_not_miss_season

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 05:34 PM
I suppose this is now the Stanzi mega thread.

I've never seen so much deep-throating over a 5th rd pick

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 05:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20111116_cassel_has_hand_surgery_may_not_miss_season

KILL IT WITH FIRE

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 05:37 PM
This team seems very committed to Cassel, I doubt very seriously if he is not on solid ground when it comes to his job.

11-16-2011, 05:40 PM
God why do I love this team so much. They hate me.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Stay down, bitch.

milkman
11-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Really?

If I recall you stated Cassel and Palko where equal in their suckage. In fact you went as far to say that 'deep down' you felt Palko was better than Cassel. If that's the case we should see some progress from the offensive side of the ball should we not? I'm just basing my argument of your very own logic.

The post I quoted and responded to in which you stated that the Chiefs regressing would prove Haley's incompetence was my first post in this thread.

The conclusion you came to that the Chiefs struggling more would be an indictment of Haley's incompetence had nothing to do with anything I said.

Everyne else in this thread before me said they didn't expect Palko to be as good as Cassel (sadly).

So, again, dumbass, tell me how you reached the conclusion that you came to.

If everyone but me thinks that Palko is a a downgrade from Cassel, and I hadn't posted my thoughts at all, and you say that the Chiefs failing to improve with Palko, a player who is a downgrade, would somehow prove Haley is incompetent.

Tell me how that proves that, dumbass?

BossChief
11-16-2011, 05:48 PM

Like I said, prior to the draft BOTH Kiper AND Mayock BOTH said Stanzi is a second round quality prospect....the same as Dalton, Kaepernick and Ponder.

That right there takes your argument that "only Hawkeye HOMERS see Stanzi as a comparable prospect to Dalton" and shoves it right on up your poop hole and makes you look foolish by continuing to say it even after that has been pointed out to you multiple times.

You know what, its a waste of time talking about some stuff with you because your mind is obviously set on the FACT that the higher you are drafted, the better you are. Its the end all be all, to you.

Thats why Gabbert is lighting the world on fire and Dalton is playing like hot garbage.

hold on....

Its a damn shame Stanzi didnt go to Mizzou, then you may have seen him more than once and we wouldn't need to say these things over and over for you to acknowledge them.

Its cool though...his time will come and one way or another either us IOWA HOMERS or you pessimists will be shown to be right or wrong about him.

Me....I think the kid is gonna end up being the absolute steal of the draft.

BossChief
11-16-2011, 05:49 PM
The post I quoted and responded to in which you stated that the Chiefs regressing was my first post in this thread.

The conclusion you came to that the Chiefs struggling more would be an indictment of Haley's incompetence had nothing to do with anything I said.

Everyne else in this thread before me said they didn't expect Palko to be as good as Cassel.

So, again, dumbass, tell me how you reached teh conclusion that you came.

that guy wreaks of the coalition.

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 05:50 PM
If this kid is the answer to this team then why are they starting Palko when they know he is going to get hammered from his blindside?

I would think that the only way they do this is because Stanzi is miles behind Palko in ability.

Chiefnj2
11-16-2011, 05:50 PM
I suppose this is now the Stanzi mega thread.

I've never seen so much deep-throating over a 5th rd pick

You've been a one note Sally the last 2 years.

Every post of yours is simply about Cassel sucking and being the sole reason the team sucks. Now he's out, and you complain about people having some optimism about a backup that can possibly unseat the guy you've been harping about for years.

Okie_Apparition
11-16-2011, 05:55 PM
A 5th rounder with no off season program. Has no fucking business starting this quick.

milkman
Oh, and I said, dumbass, deep down I don't believe that Palko is worse than Cassel.

That doesn't mean I think he's better.

O.city
A 5th rounder with no off season program. Has no ****ing business starting this quick.

Yeah. If it were week 2.

It's week 11.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 05:56 PM
You've been a one note Sally the last 2 years.

Every post of yours is simply about Cassel sucking and being the sole reason the team sucks. Now he's out, and you complain about people having some optimism about a backup that can possibly unseat the guy you've been harping about for years.

Cassel does, in fact, suck.

Stanzi is an unknown, I never said he should not be playing.

BossChief
11-16-2011, 05:57 PM
If this kid is the answer to this team then why are they starting Palko when they know he is going to get hammered from his blindside?

I would think that the only way they do this is because Stanzi is miles behind Palko in ability.

Maybe the same reason NE kept Tom Brady inactive his whole rookie year....whatever that was.

Titty Meat
11-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Like I said, prior to the draft BOTH Kiper AND Mayock BOTH said Stanzi is a second round quality prospect....the same as Dalton, Kaepernick and Ponder.

That right there takes your argument that "only Hawkeye HOMERS see Stanzi as a comparable prospect to Dalton" and shoves it right on up your poop hole and makes you look foolish by continuing to say it even after that has been pointed out to you multiple times.

You know what, its a waste of time talking about some stuff with you because your mind is obviously set on the FACT that the higher you are drafted, the better you are. Its the end all be all, to you.

Thats why Gabbert is lighting the world on fire and Dalton is playing like hot garbage.

hold on....

Its a damn shame Stanzi didnt go to Mizzou, then you may have seen him more than once and we wouldn't need to say these things over and over for you to acknowledge them.

Its cool though...his time will come and one way or another either us IOWA HOMERS or you pessimists will be shown to be right or wrong about him.

Me....I think the kid is gonna end up being the absolute steal of the draft.

If he's a steal then why do you want us to draft a QB next year? Doesn't make sense.

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Maybe the same reason NE kept Tom Brady inactive his whole rookie year....whatever that was.

Well unless the RT can suddenly figure out how to block, Palko will either be running for his life all night or worse....

aturnis
11-16-2011, 06:01 PM

Yeah, but no. Sorry. Palko is terrible. Stanzi has all the ability an NFL QB needs. Does need coached on the finer points of the position though. Again, he never really had a QB coach at Iowa. The fact that he is as good as he is, says a lot.

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 06:02 PM
And you know Belicheat is foaming at the mouth setting up stunts and schemes to exploit Richardson

aturnis
11-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Well unless the RT can suddenly figure out how to block, Palko will either be running for his life all night or worse....

Does anybody care? Show of hands, nobody? Okay, buhbye.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2011, 06:03 PM
If he's a steal then why do you want us to draft a QB next year? Doesn't make sense.

Because even if Stanzi is THE ONE you can't let a 5th round pick let you pass on a stud QB prospect.

But we are not drafting a QB next year so forget it.

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah, but no. Sorry. Palko is terrible. Stanzi has all the ability an NFL QB needs. Does need coached on the finer points of the position though. Again, he never really had a QB coach at Iowa. The fact that he is as good as he is, says a lot.

Yea but just because he was good in college rarely translates into good in the NFL... Iowa is know for great offensive line play and the players they place against are hardly one of the best 32 players in the world at any given position.

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Does anybody care? Show of hands, nobody? Okay, buhbye.

You don't care? You want to see somebody different so bad that you don't care if you get totally embarrassed in front of the National stage.... Ok then.

BossChief
11-16-2011, 06:07 PM

Because I'm tired of putting all of our eggs in one basket.

I really like Stanzi, but that doesnt mean I cant see scenarios where he could fail, either.

Maybe he plays this year and the lacking protection causes him to blow out a knee, or his throwing shoulder or elbow.

Maybe there is something I have missed over the years watching him play that would lead to him not be able to run a whole NFL offense.

We NEED to get a REAL franchise quarterback NO MATTER WHAT. This roster is young and talented, but they arent gonna be like that forever. It takes time to develop these guys and all in all: Im a Chiefs fan before Im a Stanzi fan.

11-16-2011, 06:17 PM

I would think that the only way they do this is because Stanzi is miles behind Palko in ability.Just because Stanzi has been inactive all season does not mean he is "miles behind Palko" or even behind Palko at all. This just seems like another one of those Patriot Way things.

Granted, Stanzi could just be another Croyle waiting to completely disappoint us, but I would rather find out now than have him sit on the inactive list during a lost season.

11-16-2011, 06:19 PM
You don't care? You want to see somebody different so bad that you don't care if you get totally embarrassed in front of the National stage.... Ok then.Nope, we really don't care.

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Just because Stanzi has been inactive all season does not mean he is "miles behind Palko" or even behind Palko at all. This just seems like another one of those Patriot Way things.

Granted, Stanzi could just be another Croyle waiting to completely disappoint us, but I would rather find out now than have him sit on the inactive list during a lost season.

Look, I would be all for starting Palko if you had protection for him, but I think you may see Stanzi after all Monday night after they carry Palko out on a stretcher. I think his blind side is going to be hammered all night long and the Chief fans will be begging for Cassels hand to heal quicker...

jd1020
11-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Oh, and I said, dumbass, deep down I don't believe that Palko is worse than Cassel.

That doesn't mean I think he's better.

This is how bad Palko is...

He played the role of Tebow in practice.

Tebow completes 2 passes.

Chiefs lose.

R8RFAN
11-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Nope, we really don't care.

Then that will explain alot of what I am reading... Carry on, I have to go out on my work release now.

whoman69
11-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Yea but just because he was good in college rarely translates into good in the NFL... Iowa is know for great offensive line play and the players they place against are hardly one of the best 32 players in the world at any given position.

And you're known for your lack of grammar. In fact, I'm not even sure what the hell you're trying to say. Is this something like the USC quarterback thing? If so, then you've just presented your stupid card again.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 06:24 PM

Bottom line, you have to try.

SD had Brees and drafted Eli/traded for Rivers.

Look what the Panthers have done the last 2 drafts.

11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Look, I would be all for starting Palko if you had protection for him, but I think you may see Stanzi after all Monday night after they carry Palko out on a stretcher. I think his blind side is going to be hammered all night long and the Chief fans will be begging for Cassels hand to heal quicker...Kind of confused why you care so much about Palko anyway. :spock:

We already know he is worthless and should be nothing more than a career backup to a backup. The only reason he is in slot 2 is because we are starting a career backup like he is some great QB.

I would rather find out now what the kid has and don't feel that throwing him to the wolves hurts him at all. Real QBs would not be affected by that at all. We are not looking for STanzi to win games for us. We are only looking to see what he can do and if he can learn and grow week to week. If he shows progress then he is already ahead of Cassel and Palko who have shown none.

11-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Bottom line, you have to try.

SD had Brees and drafted Eli/traded for Rivers.

Look what the Panthers have done the last 2 drafts.Also, if Stanzi does look good during this stretch but we are still losing, of course you still draft a QB with the first round pick. What a nice problem to have.

jd1020
11-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Also, if Stanzi does look good during this stretch but we are still losing, of course you still draft a QB with the first round pick. What a nice problem to have.

If Stanzi looks good I don't see a reason to draft a QB in the first. Cam Newton isn't winning games. Do you expect the Panthers to draft another QB?

If Stanzi plays and looks good doing it, then the Chiefs have to look at OL in the first.

FringeNC
11-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Peter King says we are REALLY going to miss Matt Cassel.

Did he even look at the box score for the last two weeks? Historically bad performances by Cassel.

jd1020
11-16-2011, 06:31 PM

Did he even look at the box score for the last two weeks? Historically bad performances by Cassel.

I expect Palko's box score to be worse. We're probably going to be looking at 2-3 INT's a game.

11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
If Stanzi looks good I don't see a reason to draft a QB in the first. Cam Newton isn't winning games. Do you expect the Panthers to draft another QB?

If Stanzi plays and looks good doing it, then the Chiefs have to look at OL in the first.There is a difference between good and stellar though. If Stanzi just lights it up then I would agree, look at other holes. If he just plays average or a little above, still get another QB and let them fight for the position. Something the Chiefs never fucking do with their QBs. God forbid there be competition at the most important position.

11-16-2011, 06:35 PM

Did he even look at the box score for the last two weeks? Historically bad performances by Cassel.Nothing will make me miss Cassel.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 06:36 PM

LMAO what an uninformed boob he is

FringeNC
11-16-2011, 06:36 PM
I expect Palko's box score to be worse. We're probably going to be looking at 2-3 INT's a game.

Perhaps he will throw interceptions, but I'd be shocked if he didn't crush Cassel's 3 yards per attempt. Absurd performance.

milkman
11-16-2011, 06:49 PM
This is how bad Palko is...

He played the role of Tebow in practice.

Tebow completes 2 passes.

Chiefs lose.

This is just pure ignorance.

I don't know how good or bad Palko is, but the fact that he played the role of TeBow in practice has nothing to do with how good or bad he is.

BossChief
11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
This is just pure ignorance.

I don't know how good or bad Palko is, but the fact that he played the role of TeBow in practice has nothing to do with how good or bad he is.

Thats another guy that seemingly wreaks of the Coalition.

Not sure thats where he came from, but the signs are there.

jd1020
11-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Thats another guy that seemingly wreaks of the Coalition.

Not sure thats where he came from, but the signs are there.

You should probably stand up, turn around, bend over, and sniff the cushion.

Titty Meat
11-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Palko is so bad he got cut by the California Redwoods whoever that fuck that is.

BossChief
11-16-2011, 07:14 PM
You should probably stand up, turn around, bend over, and sniff the cushion.

Hey, do me a favor... will ya?

When you log back in there can you say hi to Wilkie, Muser, OC, Xen, BroncoStud and Handswarmer for me?

Thanks.

jd1020
11-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Hey, do me a favor... will ya?

When you log back in there can you say hi to Wilkie, Muser, OC, Xen, BroncoStud and Handswarmer for me?

Thanks.

Sorry, I can't do that for you. Since I don't have access.

Retard.

BossChief
11-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Palko is so bad he got cut by the California Redwoods whoever that fuck that is.

If he played anywhere but Pittsburgh.....he probably wouldn't have a job in the NFL.

FringeNC
11-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Palko is so bad he got cut by the California Redwoods whoever that **** that is.

And Cassel is so bad, the guy that got cut by the California Redwoods put up almost as many yards in 90 seconds as Cassel did the rest of the game.

I could care less about Palko's credentials. The fact of the matter is that you simply cannot play the quarterback position worse than Matt Cassel has the last two weeks. Palko will be an upgrade.

JD10367
11-16-2011, 07:19 PM

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2naFi1wb23c/Sj7N8XHCcBI/AAAAAAAAArs/jvsN23fPA5w/s320/nooooo.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7msls0Q0Xjs/Tf9tq4ClNVI/AAAAAAAAALY/-cVoRAN_ERA/s1600/nooooo.jpg

Iconic
11-16-2011, 07:21 PM
The post I quoted and responded to in which you stated that the Chiefs regressing would prove Haley's incompetence was my first post in this thread.

Everyne else in this thread before me said they didn't expect Palko to be as good as Cassel (sadly).

So, again, dumbass, tell me how you reached the conclusion that you came to.

If everyone but me thinks that Palko is a a downgrade from Cassel, and I hadn't posted my thoughts at all, and you say that the Chiefs failing to improve with Palko, a player who is a downgrade, would somehow prove Haley is incompetent.

Tell me how that proves that, dumbass?

My rational stems from CP's idea that Cassel is the root of all evil and poor Haley is being pinned down by the QB. Now that he's free of his 'chains' he should create wine out of water right? Haley supporters sound a lot like Cassel ball washers with their excuses for each of them.

that guy wreaks of the coalition.

Like you 'reek' of a high school drop out.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 07:26 PM
My rational stems from CP's idea that Cassel is the root of all evil and poor Haley is being pinned down by the QB. Now that he's free of his 'chains' he should create wine out of water right? Haley supporters sound a lot like Cassel ball washers with their excuses for each of them.

Like you 'reek' of a high school drop out.LMAO pretzel logic

Ming the Merciless
11-16-2011, 07:28 PM
And Cassel is so bad, the guy that got cut by the California Redwoods put up almost as many yards in 90 seconds as Cassel did the rest of the game.

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/376-lol-srsly.jpg

milkman
11-16-2011, 07:29 PM

Once again I ask, and I will do it slowly this time so that it's no to difficult for you to grasp.

If

Palko

is

worse

than

Cassel,

how

can

a

performance

decline

prove

his

incompetence

?

milkman
11-16-2011, 07:31 PM
If

Cassel

is

so

bad,

and

he's

replaced

by

lesser

talent,

how

isn't

that

a

different

and

heavier

set

of

chains

?

milkman
11-16-2011, 07:31 PM
I hope that wasn't too fast for you.

Iconic
11-16-2011, 07:47 PM
The chains might gain a few pounds but a good locksmith will figure out how to open them.

milkman
11-16-2011, 07:51 PM
The chains might gain a few pounds but a good locksmith will figure out how to open them.

:facepalm:

Chiefnj2
11-16-2011, 07:51 PM
I hope that wasn't too fast for you.

For years a few people have been saying that Cassel is 90% responsible for all of the teams woes. A bunch of people have claimed that Cassel is the worst QB in the league and that if he was replaced, things would improve.

In response to those claims, some people are now saying "Well you've got your new QB, things should be better. Based on the previous claims that it was all Cassel, things should improve. If they don't, maybe it's coaching. It can't be OL because we've heard for years how the OL is good and Cassel just makes it look worse than it is. For years we've heard that any other QB would make the WRs look a lot better, etc. "

milkman
11-16-2011, 07:54 PM
For years a few people have been saying that Cassel is 90% responsible for all of the teams woes. A bunch of people have claimed that Cassel is the worst QB in the league and that if he was replaced, things would improve.

In response to those claims, some people are now saying "Well you've got your new QB, things should be better. Based on the previous claims that it was all Cassel, things should improve. If they don't, maybe it's coaching. It can't be OL because we've heard for years how the OL is good and Cassel just makes it look worse than it is. For years we've heard that any other QB would make the WRs look a lot better, etc. "

All that is well and good, but his post was in response to this thread, and most if not all, said that Palko is worse than Cassel.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 08:01 PM

Replaced by a GOOD QB not just any QB

Iconic
11-16-2011, 08:05 PM
All that is well and good, but his post was in response to this thread, and most if not all, said that Palko is worse than Cassel.

Wrong. None of my posts when looked at independently indicate Palko being worse than Cassel... that's what YOU brought into the debate. My beef was with the coaching staff.

milkman
11-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Wrong. None of my posts when looked at independently indicate Palko being worse than Cassel... that's what YOU brought into the debate. My beef was with the coaching staff.

The posts I'm referencing is the posts from all other posters, who almost to a man, acknowledge that Palko is worse than Cassel.

So, your post that I initially responded to is one of two things.

You either believe that Palko is a better QB than Cassel.

Or you are simply dumbass that posts random dumbassery.

Iconic
11-16-2011, 08:19 PM
The posts I'm referencing is the posts from all other posters, who almost to a man, acknowledge that Palko is worse than Cassel.

So, your post that I initially responded to is one of two things.

You either believe that Palko is a better QB than Cassel.

Or you are simply dumbass that posts random dumbassery.

This is what you responded to.

... The talent differential between the two is not substantial enough to become a variable is what I'm trying to say.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 08:23 PM

... The talent differential between the two is not large enough to become a variable is what I'm trying to say.

If the most important position on the field is downgraded, stands to reason that area will suffer. How is that on the HC?

Cassels play has been shit. I don't know how Palko could be much worse.

Iconic
11-16-2011, 08:25 PM
If the most important position on the field is downgraded, stands to reason that area will suffer. How is that on the HC?

Cassels play has been shit. I don't know how Palko could be much worse.

So are you saying their about the same talent wise?

FringeNC

I agree with that. I've been a Haley supporter myself, but I have had enough of this 28th-ranked offense shit that is so painful to watch. I think Cassel IS the problem and expect improvement with Palko. Call me crazy. A good offensive mind should be able to this offense at least respectable, which we are NOT now, and I think Haley simply cannot work with Cassel. If it doesn't improve under Palko, then I won't be sad to see Haley go.

ShowtimeSBMVP
Belichick said today there's very little difference between Cassel and Palko. What a slam to his former QB.

Iconic
11-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Belichick said today there's very little difference between Cassel and Palko. What a slam to his former QB.

ROFL

milkman

... The talent differential between the two is not substantial enough to become a variable is what I'm trying to say.

Refer to my original post in this thread.

BigMeatballDave

LMAO

Bewbies
11-16-2011, 08:28 PM

Well, there is the amount of money they are paid. LMAO

Titty Meat
11-16-2011, 08:28 PM

I could care less about Palko's credentials. The fact of the matter is that you simply cannot play the quarterback position worse than Matt Cassel has the last two weeks. Palko will be an upgrade.

They were playing a prevent dumbass.

Honestly I could see Palko setting the record for INT's in a game the way he floats the ball.

DeezNutz
11-16-2011, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the second rounder, Scott.

Sometimes, PR talk stings a little and carries a lot of truthiness with it.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 08:30 PM
So are you saying their about the same talent wise?

No clue. I've seen enough of the fantastic shitfest from Cassel that I would not mind it if we put a retarded chimp back there.

FringeNC
11-16-2011, 08:32 PM

Honestly I could see Palko setting the record for INT's in a game the way he floats the ball.

They were essentially playing a prevent the last drive Cassel was in there, too. There were playing a prevent much of the prior week against Miami, and Cassel could not do shit then either.

Bewbies
11-16-2011, 08:34 PM

So with Cassel or without Cassel we'll end up with about 100 yards passing?

rico
11-16-2011, 08:37 PM
The way Palko floats the ball scares me a little as well. Not to mention, sometimes the ball has kind of a vertical slope to it after he releases it.

kcxiv
11-16-2011, 10:04 PM
17 out of the last 20 super bowl winners were pretty damned good qb's and franchise qb's. HISTORY DOES NOT ****ING LIE! lol

Without one, we got like a .1 percent chance of doing anything. There is no other way around it. We dont have a 2000 Ravens defense or the 2003 Buc's defense,

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2011, 10:17 PM
The way Palko floats the ball scares me a little as well. Not to mention, sometimes the ball has kind of a vertical slope to it after he releases it.

Palko will get anally raped based on his outing when he was on the 1st team for a quarter playing against the Packers when he had 2 passes intercepted.

Titty Meat
11-16-2011, 10:19 PM
So with Cassel or without Cassel we'll end up with about 100 yards passing?

I don't give a shit about passing yards I just hope with or without Cassel we end up with Barkley.

OnTheWarpath15
11-16-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't give a shit about passing yards I just hope with or without Cassel we end up with Barkley.

Sadly, this organization has run me down to the point where I don't even care which QB they take in the 1st round, I just want them to make the fucking attempt at a franchise QB for once.

With that said, I'm betting on another year of Cassel and/or another scrub taken in the late rounds, hoping to hit the lottery.

KcMizzou
11-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Sadly, this organization has run me down to the point where I don't even care which QB they take in the 1st round, I just want them to make the ****ing attempt at a franchise QB for once.

With that said, I'm betting on another year of Cassel and/or another scrub taken in the late rounds, hoping to hit the lottery.This.

PLEASE at least make an attempt to get our own franchise QB in my lifetime. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. But FFS, give it a shot!

aturnis
11-16-2011, 10:34 PM
You don't care? You want to see somebody different so bad that you don't care if you get totally embarrassed in front of the National stage.... Ok then.

Losing to N.E. without your starting QB, NFL superstar RB, NFL superstar S, and star TE? With TYLER PALKO at QB? I wouldn't be embarassed, no.

aturnis
11-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Don't you get it Milkman. If a guy has his leg trapped under a 500lb. rock and can't escape, maybe he doesn't care enough to free himself. If we removed the 500lb. rock and replace it with a 600lb. chicken, then we'll know for sure whether he's really trapped, or just too damned lazy to try.

aturnis
11-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the second rounder, Scott.

Sometimes, PR talk stings a little and carries a lot of truthiness with it.

He did Pioli a favor. He didn't WANT to trade Cassel to Pioli, but Pioli insisted. Belichik did him a solid and said, "alright, but I'll only take a second rounder from you Scott, anyone else though, I'd be getting their first".

Seriously, if he really said there isn't much of a difference between the two(which there obviously is from their style of play standpoint, so he must have been referencing their quality of play), then we should be DONE doing business with old Belicheat. Unless of course he warned Scott, and this is him saying, "told ya so".

rico
11-16-2011, 11:03 PM
I am NOT by any means trying to make excuses for Cassel. I want this Cassel era to end as much as anybody. However, I read on Wikipedia that he was a pitcher for USC and was even drafted in the 36th round by the Oakland A's. Considering that he was a collegiate pitcher/drafted, it is fair to assume that he spent a LOT of time throwing a baseball. Obviously, the mechanics of throwing a baseball and throwing a football are completely different. I was a pitcher from 3rd grade through high school and I admit, I struggled horribly with throwing a football because I threw it too much like a baseball. I never played QB or anything, but even with simply tossing a football around, I couldn't seem to get the mechanics down because I was so used to throwing a baseball. Maybe a long shot, but do any of you think it is possible that Cassel has struggled with his throwing mechanics in football due to years of pitching?

I am not saying I believe this to be the case, I am just curious if throwing at a high level in football and baseball can conflict with each other. I realize that many athletes have successfully made the pitcher to QB transition, but this is Matt Cassel we are talking about.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 11:13 PM
UI am NOT by any means trying to make excuses for Cassel. I want this Cassel era to end as much as anybody. However, I read on Wikipedia that he was a pitcher for USC and was even drafted in the 36th round by the Oakland A's. Considering that he was a collegiate pitcher/drafted, it is fair to assume that he spent a LOT of time throwing a baseball. Obviously, the mechanics of throwing a baseball and throwing a football are completely different. I was a pitcher from 3rd grade through high school and I admit, I struggled horribly with throwing a football because I threw it too much like a baseball. I never played QB or anything, but even with simply tossing a football around, I couldn't seem to get the mechanics down because I was so used to throwing a baseball. Maybe a long shot, but do any of you think it is possible that Cassel has struggled with his throwing mechanics in football due to years of pitching?

I am not saying I believe this to be the case, I am just curious if throwing at a high level in football and baseball can conflict with each other. I realize that many athletes have successfully made the pitcher to QB transition, but this is Matt Cassel we are talking about.That would certainly explain why his release can be clocked with a Sundial

rico
11-16-2011, 11:18 PM
UThat would certainly explain why his release can be clocked with a Sundial

:) I was expecting a comment like this. I thought someone was going to mention his wind-up.

jd1020
11-16-2011, 11:22 PM
I am NOT by any means trying to make excuses for Cassel. I want this Cassel era to end as much as anybody. However, I read on Wikipedia that he was a pitcher for USC and was even drafted in the 36th round by the Oakland A's. Considering that he was a collegiate pitcher/drafted, it is fair to assume that he spent a LOT of time throwing a baseball. Obviously, the mechanics of throwing a baseball and throwing a football are completely different. I was a pitcher from 3rd grade through high school and I admit, I struggled horribly with throwing a football because I threw it too much like a baseball. I never played QB or anything, but even with simply tossing a football around, I couldn't seem to get the mechanics down because I was so used to throwing a baseball. Maybe a long shot, but do any of you think it is possible that Cassel has struggled with his throwing mechanics in football due to years of pitching?

I am not saying I believe this to be the case, I am just curious if throwing at a high level in football and baseball can conflict with each other. I realize that many athletes have successfully made the pitcher to QB transition, but this is Matt Cassel we are talking about.

Would make sense if Cassel was good at throwing a baseball.

He was drafted while posting a 9+ ERA in like 8 appearances.

He's a salesman, and a damn good one.

rico
11-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Would make sense if Cassel was good at throwing a baseball.

He was drafted while posting a 9+ ERA in like 8 appearances.

He's a salesman, and a damn good one.

LMAO I read that. Poor Noodle-arm Casserole just can't figure anything out (except selling his own turds).

I think he reached his peak when he played in the 1994 Little League World Series.

Direckshun
11-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Seeing on ESPN that Cassel could return by the end of the season.

kcxiv
11-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Seeing on ESPN that Cassel could return by the end of the season.

WE will be way out of it, that there would be no point in him returning.

R8RFAN
11-17-2011, 01:47 AM
WE will be way out of it, that there would be no point in him returning.

I see you are at peace with bowing to your Raider Masters...:thumb:

Titty Meat
11-17-2011, 01:59 AM
Sadly, this organization has run me down to the point where I don't even care which QB they take in the 1st round, I just want them to make the ****ing attempt at a franchise QB for once.

With that said, I'm betting on another year of Cassel and/or another scrub taken in the late rounds, hoping to hit the lottery.

If we do somehow draft a QB I can see Cassel coming back next year to be the starter the guy we draft is inactive the first half of the year and Pioli tries to go 9-7 or 10-6 with Cassel.

Hammock Parties
11-17-2011, 02:00 AM
I don't really care what happens, it's just going to be a relief watching this team without Cassel, good or bad.

I hate him so much.

There's no reason to hate Mr. Palko.

BigRock
11-17-2011, 02:10 AM
Seriously, if he really said there isn't much of a difference between the two
Oh, he said it.

CHECK OUT THIS WICKED BURN

"I think Tyler's very similar to Cassel -- except he's left-handed -- but the same type of guy, a hardworking guy that's smart, has a lot of confidence. He's a talented player. He was at Pitt and that's the reason why Flacco transferred. I think that tells you something about him right there, that he beat Flacco out in that situation.

I think he can run their offense... I think he's athletic like Matt is. He can pull the ball down and run. He can run some of their bootlegs and quarterback movement plays, and so forth. I would be surprised if they would change too much, other than, if it's a left-handed play from a right-handed play.

I wouldn't expect them to deviate too far from what they like to do."

http://i39.tinypic.com/16ifel4.gif

Phobia
11-17-2011, 02:30 AM

I don't think Cassel's arm is as bad as others claim. He throws a decent ball. His accuracy isn't where it needs to be at this level but he throws hard and expected distances. I just think he's very slow with his decisions and his mechanics. Those can be confidence, chemistry, or system problems that are correctible but he's had enough time. We're all ready for a change. He's had more than adequate opportunity to improve - more chances than most guys get and that's mostly due to his paycheck and the trade investment. If he were a UFA pickup at half the price, he'd have been demoted long ago.

Hammock Parties
11-17-2011, 03:40 AM
I don't think Cassel's arm is as bad as others claim. He throws a decent ball. His accuracy isn't where it needs to be at this level but he throws hard and expected distances. I just think he's very slow with his decisions and his mechanics. Those can be confidence, chemistry, or system problems that are correctible but he's had enough time. We're all ready for a change. He's had more than adequate opportunity to improve - more chances than most guys get and that's mostly due to his paycheck and the trade investment. If he were a UFA pickup at half the price, he'd have been demoted long ago.

Cassel is going to be the starter next season.

1. He hasn't sucked quite hard enough this year to outright lose the job (thanks to his conveniently timed injury)

2. Chances of Palko stealing the job are < 1%

3. Even if the Chiefs DO draft a quarterback in the first round he's not going to start for a Pioli team.

Only way he doesn't start next year is if he gets hurt big time in preseason and Palko or Stanzi show something major.

kcxiv
11-17-2011, 05:09 AM
I see you are at peace with bowing to your Raider Masters...:thumb:

Naw, i still think S.D is going to take it. Raiders are an average team though.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2011, 05:48 AM
.Cassel is going to be the starter next season.

1. He hasn't sucked quite hard enough this year to outright lose the job (thanks to his conveniently timed injury)

2. Chances of Palko stealing the job are < 1%

3. Even if the Chiefs DO draft a quarterback in the first round he's not going to start for a Pioli team.

Only way he doesn't start next year is if he gets hurt big time in preseason and Palko or Stanzi show something major.Yay. It'll be like having a 30 yr old rookie.

Someone shoot me in the face

bevischief
11-17-2011, 07:25 AM
We need to pay Thomas Jones to take him out...

BoneKrusher
11-17-2011, 07:31 AM
Cassel is going to be the starter next season.

if he does it's not because he's been lighting up defenses.
he's been playing like a rookie for three years.

JD10367
11-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Oh, he said it.

Dude, Belichick never has anything bad to say about an upcoming opponent. He can talk up any team. Just wait until the Pats play the winless Colts; you'll get such utter bullshit like, "Even though they haven't won yet, they've played hard and haven't gotten some breaks... there are a lot of players on that team who know how to win... there's a lot of talent (proceeding to name a few obscure Colts and a few obscure things they actually do half-decently)..." If Belichick doesn't go into politics post-football, he's a fool. That man can sell anything.

FAX
11-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Bad news, guys.

Cassel's surgery was a success.

FAX

JD10367
11-17-2011, 08:40 AM
The Broncos are a broken-down team being run by a wishbone QB who probably won't be there next season.

The Chargers get older and less talented and still have Norv.

The Chiefs might still have Cassel.

Who knew that, by Al Davis kicking off, the Raiders would actually be the most improved AFCW team for 2012...

JD10367
11-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Bad news, guys.

Cassel's surgery was a success.

FAX

http://www.anaglyph.net/kevin/LJ/20070128/oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg

FAX
11-17-2011, 08:52 AM
By the way ... when it comes to Caucasian girls, do you guys prefer ones with a tan or do you prefer the soft, delicate, alabaster skin like fine china?

FAX

Nickel D
11-17-2011, 09:11 AM
...or...maybe not...

FringeNC
11-17-2011, 10:38 AM
ArrowheadPride: KC Star's @adamteicher says here http://t.co/s3YO4Z4d one player told him coaches told players Cassel won't return this season

jd1020
11-17-2011, 10:48 AM
ArrowheadPride: KC Star's @adamteicher says here http://t.co/s3YO4Z4d one player told him coaches told players Cassel won't return this season

"season."

:facepalm:

JD10367
11-17-2011, 11:59 AM
By the way ... when it comes to Caucasian girls, do you guys prefer ones with a tan or do you prefer the soft, delicate, alabaster skin like fine china?

FAX

I prefer them gagged and not very squirmy. Skin's not that important.

FAX
11-17-2011, 12:03 PM
I prefer them gagged and not very squirmy. Skin's not that important.

Makes sense. Makes a whole lot of sense, actually.

Me, I think it kinda depends on the time of day. Tanned Caucasian girls look better in candlelight whereas Caucasian girls with delicate, alabaster skin look their best in the very early morning.

FAX

JD10367
11-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Makes sense. Makes a whole lot of sense, actually.

Me, I think it kinda depends on the time of day. Tanned Caucasian girls look better in candlelight whereas Caucasian girls with delicate, alabaster skin look their best in the very early morning.

FAX

I've always liked Doctor Seuss.

Black, white, red or yellow
JD is a happy fellow
if he's burying litle JD deep in
he cares not at all about their skin
if the boobies are bouncin' and you're pumpin' away
they could be purple, orange, green or gray
about their skin, I care not
as long as I'm humping their...
(well, you can figure out the last rhyme)

FAX
11-17-2011, 12:12 PM

JD is a happy fellow

That is a beautiful sentiment.

FAX

milkman
11-17-2011, 12:14 PM

JD is a happy fellow

Doctor Screuss?

JD10367
11-17-2011, 12:15 PM
That is a beautiful sentiment.

FAX

You know what would be really cool? If your woman got both a lower back tattoo and a stomach tattoo that had a little picture of an all-in-1 Xerox machine and below it, it said...

INSERT FAX HERE
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/

:D

Hammock Parties
11-17-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm pretty sure FAX's woman isn't that kind of girl.

FAX seems like the type of guy who married a girl who likes tea doilies and "the good silver."

FAX
11-17-2011, 12:21 PM
I would like to take just a moment to mention that I have, for the first time as a full-time Planeteer, put some posters on ignore.

Folks, it's the coolest function in the whole world. It's amazing how much more pleasant ChiefsPlanet can be when you are spared ignorant posts made by trolls, dumbasses, fools, and repetitive morons. If you haven't tried the ignore tool as yet, I would like to recommend this feature to you. It's wonderful.

If only such a system could be employed in real life ... without having to stand trial, I mean.

FAX

Hammock Parties
11-17-2011, 12:22 PM
I would like to take just a moment to mention that I have, for the first time as a full-time Planeteer, put some posters on ignore.

Who gives a fuck?

Okie_Apparition
11-18-2011, 07:41 AM
If Pioli is so hell bent, as some seem to think. About keeping Cassel. He would have done more to aquire an atleast adequit RT

bevischief
11-18-2011, 08:02 AM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/11/17/chiefs-player-tells-reporter-coaches-say-casslels-done-for-year/

Chiefs Player Tells Reporter Coaches Say Casslel Is Done For Year

AUTHOR: Patrick Allen | IN: Chiefs | COMMENTS: 7 Comments |
Home » Chiefs » Chiefs Player Tells Reporter Coaches Say Casslel Is Done For Year

Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star is reporting that an unnamed Chiefs player told him yesterday that the coaching staff told the team the QB Matt Cassel will nor return this season.

This news doesn’t really come as a surprise, given that the Todd Haley has been pretty forthcoming that Cassel could be finished. Still, as recently as yesterday Haley told reporters that the team was still holding out hope Cassel could return.

The Chiefs may just be waiting a while to fully shut Cassel down on the off chance that the team could somehow rally and make the playoffs. While that scenario is unlikely, with the AFC West being as weak as it is, it isn’t out of the question.

Then again, if the Chiefs were to win enough games to win the division, it would mean Tyler Palko or Ricky Stanzi had led them there. At that point, who would want Cassel coming back and taking over the starting job?

My guess is that if the Chiefs lose Monday and the Raiders win, KC will shut Cassel down and fill his spot on the roster.

gblowfish
11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Have the Chiefs said anything official about what is wrong with Cassel? Broken finger, dislocated finger, etc? If it needs surgery, what kind of surgery? I haven't seen anything this week. Has it been reported, or are the Chiefs going all Secret Squirrel on this?

OnTheWarpath15
11-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Have the Chiefs said anything official about what is wrong with Cassel? Broken finger, dislocated finger, etc? If it needs surgery, what kind of surgery? I haven't seen anything this week. Has it been reported, or are the Chiefs going all Secret Squirrel on this?

Secret squirrel, per usual.

I'm shocked they admitted he had surgery.

notorious
11-18-2011, 10:45 AM

It probably boosted ticket sales.

Frosty
11-18-2011, 11:02 AM

He has a bad case of "hide-the-golden-child-before-the-tough-part-of-the-schedule"-itis.

talastan
11-18-2011, 11:06 AM
He has a bad case of "hide-the-golden-child-before-the-tough-part-of-the-schedule"-itis.

THIS!!:harumph:

Can't let Cassel's fragile psyche get hurt curling up in a fetal position for the next five weeks. I'll be pissed if he heals up just in time to play the last two games of the season.

Fansy the Famous Bard
11-18-2011, 11:12 AM
THIS!!:harumph:

Can't let Cassel's fragile psyche get hurt curling up in a fetal position for the next five weeks. I'll be pissed if he heals up just in time to play the last two games of the season.

So will Palko.

whoman69
11-18-2011, 11:12 AM

The Chiefs have been in secret squirrel mode the minute Pioli was hired.

gblowfish
11-18-2011, 11:42 AM
The Chiefs have been in secret squirrel mode the minute Pioli was hired.
New Chiefs mascot:

FringeNC
11-18-2011, 11:47 AM

Nah, if there is any conspiracy going on, it's one to get him out of the lineup because he sucks. If Palko plays better than Cassel (likely), Cassel's career is KC could very well be over.

Fritz88
11-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Nah, if there is any conspiracy going on, it's one to get him out of the lineup because he sucks. If Palko plays better than Cassel (likely), Cassel's career is KC could very well be over.

With Pioli nut hugging Cassel?

I doubt it. Palko would have to be in Arron Rodgers mode to win the starting job from Casshole next year.

FringeNC
11-18-2011, 12:03 PM
With Pioli nut hugging Cassel?

I doubt it. Palko would have to be in Arron Rodgers mode to win the starting job from Casshole next year.

If Palko moves the team consistently, scores point, has a good rating....all of this against these good teams, there'd be riots at Arrowhead if Cassel was trotted out there, not to mention tons of season ticket non-renewals.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Wouldn't any other front office and coaching staff be rid of Cassel by now? Especially with Cassel's age, his lack of growth at the position, etc, I'd like to think that any other organization would've benched him by now no matter who the backup is.

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Wouldn't any other front office and coaching staff be rid of Cassel by now? Especially with Cassel's age, his lack of growth at the position, etc, I'd like to think that any other organization would've benched him by now no matter who the backup is.

Pretty much. After this, his 3rd season.

Not this fucking franchise.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Pretty much. After this, his 3rd season.

Not this ****ing franchise.

It'd be different if he were a young guy and played in college and has shown signs of improvement against QUALITY competition. But he hasn't. I really do believe that he wouldn't start on any other team in this league. The only conclusion I can draw from him being our starter next year is that this is really, honestly, truthfully the type of football Haley and Pioli want to play: Herm ball with a game manager. Which makes no sense because of the QBs these guys previously had, Warner and Brady.

FAX
11-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't know what the hell they're thinking when it comes to Cassel.

I've operated under the assumption that, since Pioli was the connection to Cassel, and since we were able to acquire him for a 2nd, and since we paid him a king's ransom, Haley was told that he's starting ... no matter what. There's also the possibility that Cassel was viewed as a kind of place-holder as we built up the roster around him.

It's difficult for me to believe that the FO and coaching staff don't see what most fans see in Cassel. After all, Weis' original statement regarding Cassel was telling.

The sooner Cassel is an historical footnote, the better. For now, I'm in Go Palko mode.

FAX

The Dawg
11-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Think how long Jacksonville kept David frickin Gerrard around... It's not always as 1..2..3.. POOF here is your new starting QB.

The Dawg
11-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Play Palko for this brutal 5 game stretch and then give Stanzi a shot.

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2011, 01:51 PM
It'd be different if he were a young guy and played in college and has shown signs of improvement against QUALITY competition. But he hasn't. I really do believe that he wouldn't start on any other team in this league. The only conclusion I can draw from him being our starter next year is that this is really, honestly, truthfully the type of football Haley and Pioli want to play: Herm ball with a game manager. Which makes no sense because of the QBs these guys previously had, Warner and Brady.

This is what really annoys me. Pioli HAS to know what good QB play looks like. He watched Brady win SBs.

If Scott is worth his salt as a GM, he drafts a QB high, if possible, and lets him battle Stanzi for the starting spot. Cassel should not play another down for the Chiefs again.

The Bad Guy
11-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Think how long Jacksonville kept David frickin Gerrard around... It's not always as 1..2..3.. POOF here is your new starting QB.

Hardly similar.

Garrard played solid football for a while in Jacksonville. Won a playoff game actually.

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2011, 01:59 PM

One of these things is not like the other...

kcxiv
11-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Who gives a ****?

Fax and you and well maybe me a little.

Okie_Apparition
11-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Can a player's contract be allowed to expire, if they end that season on IR?
An injury settlement for a starting QB, no matter how shitty. Would not be cheap

Micjones
11-18-2011, 04:32 PM

There are only 2 games left in the season following that stretch.
That's a pretty small sample size.

Titty Meat
11-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Secret squirrel, per usual.

He came into my brothers work yesterday and my brother said he was wearing a sling. I thought he just broke a finger?

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2011, 06:52 PM
He came into my brothers work yesterday and my brother said he was wearing a sling. I thought he just broke a finger?

Who knows what the hell it is? Haley said hand.

I've never seen so much secrecy surrounding an injury.

Legiment? Tendon? Bone?

bevischief
11-18-2011, 06:54 PM

But did he see a hand? That is the real question.

listopencil
11-18-2011, 07:27 PM

Haley broke his arm.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Haley broke his arm.

I'd hope someone would.

milkman
11-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Maybe the surgeon Casseled, and missed his target.

listopencil
11-18-2011, 07:34 PM

Could be worse. He could have Tebowed and put another leg there instead.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Pioli can rebuild him, he has the technology....

Bowser
11-18-2011, 07:44 PM

Appropo to nothing really, but when I went in for my shoulder surgery, the nurse started to prep the wrong shoulder. She didn't believe me when I told her she was getting the wrong one ready. "I just can't believe the doctor would make a mistake like that." I couldn't either, and made her double check before continuing. She apologized profusely. :facepalm:

milkman
11-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Appropo to nothing really, but when I went in for my shoulder surgery, the nurse started to prep the wrong shoulder. She didn't believe me when I told her she was getting the wrong one ready. "I just can't believe the doctor would make a mistake like that." I couldn't either, and made her double check before continuing. She apologized profusely. :facepalm:

She didn't believe you?

That's really pretty damn sad.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2011, 08:09 PM
I had a dream that Palko played well, and we beat the Patriots.

But he also threw a TD to Dante Hall so something is weird.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-18-2011, 08:13 PM

ROFL Wierd. I dreamt last night that Dante ran one back against the Pats FTW

Mama Hip Rockets
11-18-2011, 08:15 PM

LOL. I had a dream that the Chiefs beat the Patriots 17-3 but Cassel was playing. What is going on here?

Hammock Parties
11-18-2011, 08:16 PM
I also had a dream that I forgot to record it, so there was no torrent.

Titty Meat
11-18-2011, 08:17 PM

He came into the cell phone store because his calls kept getting intercepted.

JD10367
11-18-2011, 09:47 PM

What the fuck.

First that JD1020 dude, now this?

LEAVE MY FUCKING INITIALS ALONE, FOR CRISSAKES!!

Tribal Warfare
11-18-2011, 10:16 PM
What the fuck.

LEAVE MY FUCKING INITIALS ALONE, FOR CRISSAKES!!

" Imitation is the best form of flattery"

Bob Dole
11-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Still didn't see anything on his last play that screamed "SEASON ENDING HAND INJURY!!!"

FAX
11-18-2011, 10:22 PM
What the ****.

LEAVE MY ****ING INITIALS ALONE, FOR CRISSAKES!!

I know, right?

But, in a way, this is good news for me, Mr. JD10367.

For awhile there, I thought you might actually be, in real life and all, an internet-surfing chinchilla because chinchillas reproduce like rabbits only moreso and they have big chins.

FAX

FAX
11-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Still didn't see anything on his last play that screamed "SEASON ENDING HAND INJURY!!!"

I have a theory on that.

I think Haley became weary of sacks on 3rd and 4th down, so he told Cassel that he was either having surgery on his hand whether he needed it or not, or he was going to permanently lose the use of the Cassel Kielbasa.

FAX

bevischief
11-18-2011, 10:29 PM
So Thomas Jones chopped it off?

Rasputin
11-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Matt Cassel is so bad I bet he would eat a Reese's Peanutbutter Cup the wrong way.