PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Midseason Mock Draft

58-4ever
11-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Everyone is declaring our season dead, and these are fun to look through, so here you go. If this is a repost, kindly lick my balls.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peter-Schrager-Midseason-NFL-Mock-Draft-111411

It may only be mid-November, but it's never too early to talk NFL Draft.

<OBJECT id=XdComm name=XdComm classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always">

</p>&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT id=facebook-jssdk src="//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;} js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</SCRIPT>

If the season were to end this week and we went from records and tiebreakers alone, the 2012 NFL Draft order would be as found below. The Eagles would have the No. 8 overall pick, selecting before the Jaguars and Browns? The Chargers would have the first pick of all the AFC West teams? Umm, yes.
A lot can change between now and the end of the season, and even more will change between the end of the season and April's draft. But there's no harm in putting together an NFL Mock Draft right now. Who should you watch over the final few weeks of the college season and during bowl time? Here's my top 32 and the places I could see them ending up.
Note: This Mock assumes that all eligible players will be leaving for the draft, and thus available for selection come April.
1. Indianapolis Colts (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/indianapolis-colts/67048): Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford: As I addressed in my “Suck for Luck” column last week, the inevitable Andrew Luck media backlash is beginning to pick up steam, and Saturday’s pedestrian performance against Oregon in front of a nationally televised audience didn’t exactly help his cause.
Last week, Washington Huskies coach Steve Sarkisian came out and said if he were an NFL coach, he’d rather have Matt Barkley over Luck and on Monday, Todd McShay had a big “Why Andrew Luck’s Draft Stock is Slipping” column.
The Barkley (and Landry Jones) bandwagons will certainly gain plenty of new passengers right up until draft time, but Luck’s the guy. He’s been the guy since high school. He's been the guy since he stepped on campus. And he's been the guy with every throw he's made this season. I’m not sure if Peyton Manning (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/peyton-manning/69814)’s in Indy next year, but if the Colts have the first pick — I know Andrew Luck will.
2. St. Louis Rams (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/st.-louis-rams/67051): Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State: It would take a few days to wipe the smile off Sam Bradford (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/sam-bradford/766605)’s face if the Rams land Blackmon. Yes, St. Louis spent a few later round picks on receivers Greg Salas (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/greg-salas/1269023) and Austin Pettis (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/austin-pettis/1268833) last year, but neither guy is an elite talent like Blackmon. For Bradford to fully develop, he needs a go-to, game-breaker on the outside. That guy’s Blackmon.

http://o.static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2011/11/08/110811-NFL-EARLY-RETURNS-JW-PI_20111108110940176_202_97.JPG (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-rodgers-fred-jackson-darrelle-revis-midseason-awards-110811)HONOR ROLL (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-rodgers-fred-jackson-darrelle-revis-midseason-awards-110811)

Who deserves some hardware? Adam Schein (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-rodgers-fred-jackson-darrelle-revis-midseason-awards-110811)is dispensing props with his Midseason Awards.

3. Miami Dolphins (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/miami-dolphins/67052): Matt Barkley, QB, USC: The Dolphins have looked like a real-life NFL team the past two Sundays and can very well end up with a pick outside of the Top 10 if they continue to play the way have the past few weeks. But if the season were to end today, they’d have the third pick, and they’d have to go quarterback.
Barkley isn’t built like Luck or even Oklahoma gunslinger Landry Jones, but he’s a pro-style quarterback who’s been destined for greatness since he first hit the national scene as an eighth grader way back when.
I’m going with him over Jones at the moment, but as always, that's subject to change.

14. Kansas City Chiefs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/kansas-city-chiefs/67049): Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor: Really?! Really. After two straight awful outings out of Matt Cassel (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/matt-cassel/300185), it’s becoming more and more apparent that he might not be the guy who’ll take the Chiefs to their first Super Bowl since the 1960's. RGIII has the goods to be an elite pro quarterback. Top 15?
Maybe that’s a stretch, but then again, who saw Christian Ponder going in the Top-15 at this time last year? Griffin's going to wow in workouts and he'll be the star of the combine.
This is a bit of a wild-card selection, but with the new rookie wage scale in place, it’s not the costly roll of the dice it would have been pre-2011.

jd1020
11-15-2011, 12:23 PM
There is a draft section. Just a friendly FYI.

Bump
11-15-2011, 12:27 PM
I'd be just fine with that.

Fat Elvis
11-15-2011, 12:28 PM
I just got wood.

ModSocks
11-15-2011, 12:28 PM
I seriously doubt that. RGIII does not seem like the type of player Pioli or Haley would pick to play QB.

Brady
Cassel
Stanzi
Bledsoe
etc

They're all tall pocket passers.

Bump
11-15-2011, 12:29 PM
I'd love to take a chance on RGIII. I think he's gonna be a play maker in the NFL. But honestly, I don't think a black QB could survive in KC. After his first run when he should have passed, you guys will tear him apart.

Dayze
11-15-2011, 12:32 PM
if we're truly at 14, get ready for OL/DL.

jd1020
11-15-2011, 12:32 PM
I'd love to take a chance on RGIII. I think he's gonna be a play maker in the NFL. But honestly, I don't think a black QB could survive in KC. After his first run when he should have passed, you guys will tear him apart.

Especially after he gets broken and is sitting on the sideline for the rest of his career.

ModSocks
11-15-2011, 12:33 PM

Truth

Frosty
11-15-2011, 12:36 PM

Chiefs will be top 10, possibly top 5, since they will lose out.

eazyb81
11-15-2011, 12:46 PM
I seriously doubt that. RGIII does not seem like the type of player Pioli or Haley would pick to play QB.

Brady
Cassel
Stanzi
Bledsoe
etc

Yep. Unfortunately I don't see any way Pioli seriously considers RGIII as our QB of the future.

Frazod
11-15-2011, 01:18 PM
I think it's a pretty safe bet that we'll pick a lot lower than 14.

spanky 52
11-15-2011, 01:22 PM
I think we could end up as high as 4th and now lower than 8th.

the Talking Can
11-15-2011, 01:31 PM
i would jizz more than pawnsmoker in a room full of Cassel's underwear...

58kcfan89
11-15-2011, 01:32 PM

Brady
Cassel
Stanzi
Bledsoe
etc

Griffin's 6-2, not exactly short (no, it's not 6-4 but still) and has the 3rd highest QB rating in the country. He's thrown 5 picks in 9 games (29 TD passes). He may not be the prototypical pocket passer, but he's a helluva lot more accurate than anything we've had since Montana.

But yeah, sadly I don't see our dumbass FO taking him.

Bewbies
11-15-2011, 01:39 PM
QB in the first round leads to massive birth rate in my home January 2013.

Bump
11-15-2011, 01:40 PM
I'll be happy if we draft a QB, I won't even get mad if he busts, because damnit, we haven't at least tried in over 30 years. I think we are all over the Blackledge debacle now, aren't we? Lamar Hunt must have said to never draft a QB again, EVER after that. He must have been shattered.

ModSocks
11-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Griffin's 6-2, not exactly short (no, it's not 6-4 but still) and has the 3rd highest QB rating in the country. He's thrown 5 picks in 9 games (29 TD passes). He may not be the prototypical pocket passer, but he's a helluva lot more accurate than anything we've had since Montana.

But yeah, sadly I don't see our dumbass FO taking him.

Yeah, I'd have no problem with the pick at all, I just don't see them doing it. When i watch his highlights I get memories of Randall Cunningham. Maybe it's the green, i don't know.

doomy3
11-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I'd have no problem with the pick at all, I just don't see them doing it. When i watch his highlights I get memories of Randall Cunningham. Maybe it's the green, i don't know.

It's probably the black.

whoman69
11-15-2011, 01:51 PM
I would have no qualms with an RG3 pick.

Dayze
11-15-2011, 01:53 PM
It's probably the black.

LMAO

BossChief
11-15-2011, 01:55 PM
RG3
Charles
Moeaki
Bowe
Baldwin
Breaston
Battle

Sign me up

Priest31kc
11-15-2011, 02:04 PM
RG3
Charles
Moeaki
Bowe
Baldwin
Breaston
Battle

Sign me up

If we had a competent play caller & a better offensive scheme, that could be a Top 5 offense with a rookie QB IMO. Just think of all the plays RG3 would make with his legs alone & then add all the playmakers. Add McCluster in there too because with Griffin's arm, it'll open up the underneath stuff....

Not gunna happen though.

58kcfan89
11-15-2011, 02:17 PM
I'll be happy if we draft a QB, I won't even get mad if he busts, because damnit, we haven't at least tried in over 30 years. I think we are all over the Blackledge debacle now, aren't we? Lamar Hunt must have said to never draft a QB again, EVER after that. He must have been shattered.

No kidding. Even if he busts, you can at least say you tried something different than trading for someone's backup. And with the rookie cap, you won't be shelling out an asston of money to an unproven player, making it a bit less of a risk.

My friend (who hates Cassel, has hated pretty much any of our QBs that we can remember (Grbac was first QB we can remember)) texted me last night. "What would you think of [Matt] Flynn as our QB?"
:facepalm:
Honestly, who was the last quality (not Croyle) QB we had who wasn't a backup somewhere else? Have we ever had one? Even Dawson was a backup in Pittsburgh IIRC. Green would have been Warner's backup. Montana would have been Young's backup. Grbac, Huard, Casshole, all backups before they came to KC.

Just ****ing draft one already!

Gotcha. I saw him play in-person earlier this year and came away very impressed. He was putting the ball between the numbers on throws Cassel wouldn't even attempt.

But for all the talk about him not really being a Pioli/Haley type QB, he's definitely got what they want off the field. Haven't heard a single bad thing about him off the field.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-15-2011, 02:24 PM
we could run a mean option, prolly better than denver option with RG3 and Charles

Bump
11-15-2011, 02:49 PM
we could run a mean option, prolly better than denver option with RG3 and Charles

RGIII is awesome. He can pass better than most scrambling QB's

Dave Lane
11-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Not a fan of the pick but if he can be a franchise QB I'm in. And we will be picking 3-4th most likely.

jd1020
11-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Not a fan of the pick but if he can be a franchise QB I'm in. And we will be picking 3-4th most likely.

Matt Kalil!

RealSNR
11-15-2011, 02:57 PM
I'd love to take a chance on RGIII. I think he's gonna be a play maker in the NFL. But honestly, I don't think a black QB could survive in KC. After his first run when he should have passed, you guys will tear him apart.We're not hard on inexperienced QBs, dude. We'd love to have a rookie start from Day One and grow and prosper into a starting role. We'd understand he'd need to make mistakes and gain experience in making decisions when to use his wheels and when to look for a good option down the field.

It's just the stupid broke dick 30-year old backups from other teams that we bag on if they don't produce.

L.A. Chieffan
11-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Ridiculous mock.

Titty Meat
11-15-2011, 05:20 PM
If we draft RGIII Cassel doesn't go anywhere for a year maybe 2.

tredadda
11-15-2011, 05:30 PM
No kidding. Even if he busts, you can at least say you tried something different than trading for someone's backup. And with the rookie cap, you won't be shelling out an asston of money to an unproven player, making it a bit less of a risk.

My friend (who hates Cassel, has hated pretty much any of our QBs that we can remember (Grbac was first QB we can remember)) texted me last night. "What would you think of [Matt] Flynn as our QB?"
:facepalm:
Honestly, who was the last quality (not Croyle) QB we had who wasn't a backup somewhere else? Have we ever had one? Even Dawson was a backup in Pittsburgh IIRC. Green would have been Warner's backup. Montana would have been Young's backup. Grbac, Huard, Casshole, all backups before they came to KC.

Just ****ing draft one already!

Gotcha. I saw him play in-person earlier this year and came away very impressed. He was putting the ball between the numbers on throws Cassel wouldn't even attempt.

But for all the talk about him not really being a Pioli/Haley type QB, he's definitely got what they want off the field. Haven't heard a single bad thing about him off the field.

Agree with your post except for the bolded part. Warner would have remained Green's backup if not for an injury. Same with Young. It took an injury for us to get Green and Montana. But yeah we need our own franchise QB and not someone else's backup.

acasas4
11-15-2011, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdNnvnlTmbA

tredadda
11-15-2011, 07:25 PM
I just have two questions about him. Does he have NFL caliber accuracy? I don't mean Cassel accuracy, but real accuracy. Also is his decision making good? If he has those two things then I am all for him as those are far more important for a QB's success than the over rated arm strength and the ability to scramble.

DeezNutz
11-15-2011, 07:30 PM
If we draft RGIII Cassel doesn't go anywhere for a year maybe 2.

Even if this were the case, it wouldn't matter one bit because Cassel's time would be officially expiring. Dead QB fetaling, just like he did on fourth down to end last week's game.

whoman69
11-15-2011, 07:55 PM
I just have two questions about him. Does he have NFL caliber accuracy? I don't mean Cassel accuracy, but real accuracy. Also is his decision making good? If he has those two things then I am all for him as those are far more important for a QB's success than the over rated arm strength and the ability to scramble.

He's completing 74% of passes with 10 YPA in the Big 12(sic). Those are not Kyle Boller numbers.

BossChief
11-15-2011, 08:10 PM

he is probably the most accurate "mobile quarterback" Ive seen.

He would be a project, but with the playmakers we already have, a worthwhile one.

TBH, Id be VERY excited if we drafted any of the top guys except I am not at all impressed with Jones....Id be just marginally excited if we drafted him.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-15-2011, 08:29 PM
If not Luck...

Then I will take RG3 before anyone else...

Fat Elvis
11-15-2011, 10:46 PM

Lets put it this way: At one point in the season, a few games in, RG3 had more TDs than incompletions.....

Fat Elvis
11-15-2011, 10:52 PM

This guy is a junior who is working on his Master's Degree and has already been accepted into Law School. He's got it going on between the ears.

Imagine a guy with incredible accuracy, super smart, and could actually challenge Jamaal Charles in a footrace lining up behind center.

Tribal Warfare
11-15-2011, 11:03 PM
This guy is a junior who is working on his Master's Degree and has already been accepted into Law School. He's got it going on between the ears.

Imagine a guy with incredible accuracy, super smart, and could actually challenge Jamaal Charles in a footrace lining up behind center.

Griffin was an All-American in the 400M as a Freshman at Baylor

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Like I said earlier, I wish our QB situation was taken care of because I would really like to go all true fan on this draft. I really like Riley Reiff as a right tackle. I think he could be down right dominating for us in that role.

Epic Fail 007
11-15-2011, 11:16 PM

Wow racist much?

rtmike
11-16-2011, 01:47 AM
Years ago the talk was pocket passers were a dying breed. The new NFL was the scrambling QB's (Gannon, Vick, VY). I always thought "Mr. Chicken salad out of chicken shit" was our answer.

With the scrambling QB you always need competent back ups.

Titty Meat
11-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Even if this were the case, it wouldn't matter one bit because Cassel's time would be officially expiring. Dead QB fetaling, just like he did on fourth down to end last week's game.

Not sure I could handle a whole year of last week.

Dave Lane
11-16-2011, 02:12 AM
We're not hard on inexperienced QBs, dude. We'd love to have a rookie start from Day One and grow and prosper into a starting role. We'd understand he'd need to make mistakes and gain experience in making decisions when to use his wheels and when to look for a good option down the field.

It's just the stupid broke dick 30-year old backups from other teams that we bag on if they don't produce.

Yeah you say that now. Wait till Clay flip flops 6 times in his first start.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 04:42 AM
I have zero interest in RG3.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 04:51 AM
When was the last time this type of QB actually amounted to anything in this league?

Chiefs=Champions
11-16-2011, 05:27 AM
When was the last time this type of QB actually amounted to anything in this league?

Cam Newton?

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2011, 05:32 AM
Cam Newton?

LOL okay

How many wins does Cam have right now?

I'm actually looking for SB wins.

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2011, 05:49 AM
LOL okay

How many wins does Cam have right now?

I'm actually looking for SB wins.

John Elway, Steve Young, Staubach, and Montana (when his back was still in tact).

all the same playground style to make something with their legs while looking downfield to pass the ball and making it happen.

eazyb81
11-16-2011, 08:21 AM

He's more of a pocket passer than a scrambler.

eazyb81
11-16-2011, 08:25 AM
John Elway, Steve Young, Staubach, and Montana (when his back was still in tact).

all the same playground style to make something with their legs while looking downfield to pass the ball and making it happen.

I think he compares very well to Steve McNair.

MahiMike
11-16-2011, 09:52 AM
RG3 could very well be a Pioli guy:

He leads the nation in completion percentage (80.3) and touchdown passes (19) and is second in passing efficiency (212.9). He is on pace to break the NCAA season pass-efficiency record (186). Halfway into his third full season, he has broken or has a share of 43 school records.

All while making the honor roll every semester. The son of military parents graduated in three years with a degree in political science.

The redshirt junior will finish his master's in communications in the spring. Next fall, he plans to enroll in law school part time, assuming he returns for his final year of eligibility.