PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cause we need more Stanzi threads...

BigRichard
11-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Story about a 5th round QB getting his chance and making it work. Just not the Stanzi...

I've seen Cardinals QB John Skelton play over 20 college games. He went to school at Fordham, where my son attended and is now a proud graduate. Skelton led Fordham to the Patriot League title his sophomore season, demonstrating a big arm with above average athletic skills. Three years later, the Cards took a chance on him in the fifth round, which might prove to be a great pick.

In just two games, Skelton already looks better than Kevin Kolb, the player the Cards traded for this summer. Skelton looks better in terms of his command, his poise, and his ability to make deep throws. Sunday in Philadelphia, the Cards pulled off a huge upset, handing the Eagles their sixth loss of the season (much more about the Eagles later in the column). Now the Cards have won two in a row with Skelton under center, and if they go back to Kolb they are nuts. Skelton can grow into the job as he proved Sunday. He can make all the throws and seems to have a sense of rhythm with Larry Fitzgerald. I realize Skelton will make his share of mistakes, like he did throwing an out in front of Asante Samuel, but eventually he has to learn. Once he does, he might pay huge dividends.

Winning in Philadelphia is never easy, even this season. A 300-yard effort and leading the Cards to a fourth-quarter comeback should be good enough for Skelton to keep the job, regardless of what it cost Arizona to get Kolb.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8241c45e/article/whos-laughing-now-nfc-west-goes-40-more-week-10-notes?module=HP11_content_stream

jd1020
11-15-2011, 12:42 PM
If it takes 2 starts for Stanzi to look better than Cassel he's not the answer.

ModSocks
11-15-2011, 01:17 PM

I agree. It sounds harsh, but 93 freaking yards?

Ninety Three

noventa tres

No matter how you say it, it's pathetic.

Any QB should be able to avg 200 yards a freaking game in today's NFL.

Akron's#1ChiefsFan
11-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Andy Dalton, Matt Moore, Colt McCoy, Rex Grossman, Tavarus Jackson, John Beck, Mark Sanchez. These are some of the names that are ahead of Cassel in yards per game this season. Alex Smith is tied with 190 per.

LOOK at these names. It makes me sad. I've spent a lot of time trying to defend Cassel in various circles, but it's time for me to cut bait.

I don't know much about Stanzi, other than a lot of people around here seem to be of the like mind thinking he's gonna be pretty good. He can't be a lot worse than Cassel though, unless he's Brodie-bad.

Bring on Stanzi.

King_Chief_Fan
11-15-2011, 01:45 PM
I agree. It sounds harsh, but 93 freaking yards?

Ninety Three

noventa tres

No matter how you say it, it's pathetic.

indeed......I have no doubt that Mr. Fax or Gaz could get us 93 yards and more a game.

DMAC
11-15-2011, 01:49 PM
There seems to be some rookie QB good luck aura happening this year.

I would jump on it and start Stanzi. The lockout seemed to benefit these kids more than anything.

whoman69
11-15-2011, 02:07 PM
indeed......I have no doubt that Mr. Fax or Gaz could get us 93 yards and more a game.

Gaz could definitely get that taken care of.

58kcfan89
11-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but for whatever reason, I've always liked Skelton. I remember thinking he could have been the Cardinals QBOTF after they drafted him. Obviously has a long way to go for that, but whatever.

And yeah. Start Stanzi.

RealSNR
11-15-2011, 02:40 PM
The Cards were tards for thinking Max Hall was better than John Skelton

seaofred
11-15-2011, 02:58 PM
I don't know much about Stanzi, other than a lot of people around here seem to be of the like mind thinking he's gonna be pretty good.

The backup QB is always a fan favorite when your team isn't winning.... That being said, it was way past time to move on from MC. Just wasn't getting it done, too many times dumping it off short when a receiver was wide open down field.

JCharles1981
12-18-2011, 03:11 AM

Unless all but three or four of their offensive plays are for the HB.

aturnis
12-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Story about a 5th round QB getting his chance and making it work. Just not the Stanzi...

:spock: How long did it take Peyton Manning?

Pasta Little Brioni
12-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Why isn't Skeleton getting his dick sucked by the media for the Cards winning 5 out of the last 6?

bricks
12-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Why isn't Skeleton getting his dick sucked by the media for the Cards winning 5 out of the last 6?

Well, I believe its because his name is not Tim Tebow.

Secondly, he plays for Arizona. They are a bit of an afterthought.

Lastly, the Cards have been winning because their defense has kept them in a lot of games..They have a pretty good defense. It's very underrated.

milkman
12-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Well, I believe its because his name is not Tim Tebow.

Secondly, he plays for Arizona. They are a bit of an afterthought.

Lastly, the Cards have been winning because their defense has kept them in a lot of games..They have a pretty good defense. It's very underrated.

The first two are valid reasons given the nature of the media.

Third reason is exactly the same reason the Donkeys are winning games, so for the purpose of this discussion is irrelevant.

jd1020
12-18-2011, 11:00 AM
:spock: How long did it take Peyton Manning?

Peyton Manning threw for 3,700 yards his rookie season...

aturnis
12-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Peyton Manning threw for 3,700 yards his rookie season...

Still looked like balls quite a lot of the time didn't he?