View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs To Lower Season Ticket Prices Next Year

Titty Meat
11-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Chiefs lowering ticket prices

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 2:13 PM CST
Updated: Nov 17, 2011 2:21 PM CST
By Laura McCallister, Multimedia Producer - email

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -
Chiefs fans can expect lower ticket prices next season.

The team announced they are lowering the prices of several season ticket plans for next season. More specifically, they said more than 20,000 season ticket prices will be decreasing.

The Chiefs will also be starting a new promotion for season ticket holders called 30 Gifts in 30 Days. It's a reward program where season ticket holders can win prizes like a trip to the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl.

According to the team, the new rewards program and the decreasing prices are based on feedback from fans.

Current season ticket holders will be getting information in the mail about the changes in roughly 10 days.

For more information on ticket prices, click here.

Copyright 2011 KCTV. All rights reserved.

jd1020
11-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Seals it.

Cassel is coming back.

SPchief
11-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Clark is so cheap

Reerun_KC
11-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Seals it.

Cassel is coming back.

Meltdown city baby!!!!!

going to be priceless.

Caseyguyrr
11-17-2011, 03:14 PM
in other news, parking prices will go up to $35

BossChief
11-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Seals it.

Cassel is coming back.

Or it could be looked at that the team looks to draft a quarterback and that the tickets will be cheaper because there will be a growing pains period coming up.

Most likely reason is that the team is gonna lower the prices of the club level significantly and make some of the other premium seats affordable as well so the stadium doesnt have so many empty seats.

memyselfI
11-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Still not motivated to leave my sofa, plasma, free beer and food and drive all the way over to a part of town I'd never visit to see a losing team. Sorry.

My money is going to Livestrong Park.

Caseyguyrr
11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Still not motivated to leave my sofa, plasma, free beer and food and drive all the way over to a part of town I'd never visit to see a losing team. Sorry.

you mean the free beer you buy at the store?

or does your faucet pour out bud light?

jd1020
11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
you mean the free beer you buy at the store?

or does your faucet pour out bud light?

Still have to pay utility bills.

RedDread
11-17-2011, 03:23 PM

A part of town you'd never visit? Lulz.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Or it could be looked at that the team looks to draft a quarterback and that the tickets will be cheaper because there will be a growing pains period coming up.

Most likely reason is that the team is gonna lower the prices of the club level significantly and make some of the other premium seats affordable as well so the stadium doesnt have so many empty seats.

Or (most definately) once again this board blows something completely out of proportion once again!!

King_Chief_Fan
11-17-2011, 03:32 PM

let me guess, the last time you went to a game is when Gannon was a Chief

Iowanian
You can't charge fans for KC Strip when you're serving them Yobogoya.

Iowanian

You're a raider fan. Marital act yourself.

DaFace
11-17-2011, 03:33 PM
I hate PR spin. They're probably raising prices for the other 60k.

cosmo20002
11-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Last year they lowered the prices on the upper reaches of the upper deck, but raised most of the lower level seats.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2011, 03:35 PM

yep, or raise parking prices or concesssions. There is no way they are giving up potential profit.

jiveturkey
11-17-2011, 03:35 PM
You can't charge fans for KC Strip when you're serving them Yobogoya.

Yobogoya will make you jump for joya, what kind of meat is it, it's a mystery for ya

Iowanian
11-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Yobogoya visiting team will likely destroya
so we're dropping poor people seat prices for ya

Long story short....there is no way the "rest of the story" isn't going to have fans running to the dog park on the side of the road to explode duece like they've loaded up on green apples.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Congratulations, guys, we're lowering the prices on 20,000 seats (our cheapest) by 1%, while raising the price on the other 60k by 5%.

DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK

FAX
11-17-2011, 03:43 PM

How very cynical of you, Mr. DaFace.

And likely very correct.

FAX

whoman69
11-17-2011, 03:43 PM
yep, or raise parking prices or concesssions. There is no way they are giving up potential profit.

http://kinialohaguy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/ferengi-ethics.jpg?w=750&h=600

Lzen
11-17-2011, 03:46 PM
If they truly listened to the fans, they would lower the damn parking price.

Iowanian
11-17-2011, 03:48 PM
If they truly listened to the fans, they would lower the damn parking price.

If they truly listened to fans and wanted to sell tickets, they'd spend some of Clark's moldy money and put a F'ing winner on the field, I mean, you've seen the list of things that have happened and been invented since the last Chiefs playoff win.

It's embarrassing and disgusting.

pr_capone
11-17-2011, 03:53 PM
http://kinialohaguy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/ferengi-ethics.jpg?w=750&h=600

Grand Nagus Rep!

Dayze
11-17-2011, 03:56 PM
If they truly listened to fans and wanted to sell tickets, they'd spend some of Clark's moldy money and put a F'ing winner on the field, I mean, you've seen the list of things that have happened and been invented since the last Chiefs playoff win.

It's embarrassing and disgusting.

:thumb:

Titty Meat
11-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Congratulations, guys, we're lowering the prices on 20,000 seats (our cheapest) by 1%, while raising the price on the other 60k by 5%.

DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK

Forreal?

BossChief
11-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Mark Donovan, President of the Kansas City Chiefs, talked with Chiefs Insider Josh Looney today regarding 2012 season ticket renewal, which will begin mailing next week. Donovan said that prices for more than 20,000 season tickets will be reduced. All remaining upper and lower level season tickets will have no change in price. The team also announced a program to reward season ticket holders who renew early. The 30 prizes in 30 days program offers prizes including trips to the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl.

2012 Season Ticket Renewals: Season ticket holder renewal packets for the 2012 season will begin mailing next week. All non-premium season tickets will either decrease or stay the same in price for the 2012 season. The team will again offer the EZ Pay option, allowing fans to spread the payments over six months. The due date for the first payment is January 17, 2012. Season ticket holders may log into their accounts at www.mychiefsaccount.com to view information.

30 Prizes in 30 Days: All Season Ticket Holders who renew their tickets before January 16 will be eligible to win daily prizes. The program begins on December 18 when five season ticket holders who have renewed will win a Private Tour of the Chiefs Hall of Honor presented by Time Warner Cable. The tour will be led by a Pro Football Hall of Fame member. Other prizes include a private suite or field box to a 2012 Chiefs game, stadium gift certificates and a trip to the Super Bowl.

So, seems they are tired of hearing how the gold section is empty.

memyselfI
11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
let me guess, the last time you went to a game is when Gannon was a Chief

No, I've been since then. I have not been in the last three years though.

memyselfI
11-17-2011, 04:46 PM
A part of town you'd never visit? Lulz.

Where Arrowhead is located. Nothing is there. Worlds of Fun and KCI are in a different direction.

Bowser
11-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Mark Donovan, President of the Kansas City Chiefs, talked with Chiefs Insider Josh Looney today regarding 2012 season ticket renewal, which will begin mailing next week. Donovan said that prices for more than 20,000 season tickets will be reduced. All remaining upper and lower level season tickets will have no change in price. The team also announced a program to reward season ticket holders who renew early. The 30 prizes in 30 days program offers prizes including trips to the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl.

2012 Season Ticket Renewals: Season ticket holder renewal packets for the 2012 season will begin mailing next week. All non-premium season tickets will either decrease or stay the same in price for the 2012 season. The team will again offer the EZ Pay option, allowing fans to spread the payments over six months. The due date for the first payment is January 17, 2012. Season ticket holders may log into their accounts at www.mychiefsaccount.com to view information.

30 Prizes in 30 Days: All Season Ticket Holders who renew their tickets before January 16 will be eligible to win daily prizes. The program begins on December 18 when five season ticket holders who have renewed will win a Private Tour of the Chiefs Hall of Honor presented by Time Warner Cable. The tour will be led by a Pro Football Hall of Fame member. Other prizes include a private suite or field box to a 2012 Chiefs game, stadium gift certificates and a trip to the Super Bowl.

So, seems they are tired of hearing how the gold section is empty.

This is all aimed at the club level people, then? Tickets will be reduced from 270 to 260 for a seat, and all Super Bowl tickets given away to club seat holders. As for the rest? Let them eat Pro Bowl tickets!

Bonus - the DiGiorno pizza giveaway will be doubled for the peasants. A section from the upper AND the lower will win every homegame!

Stinger
11-17-2011, 05:47 PM
This is all aimed at the club level people, then? Tickets will be reduced from 270 to 260 for a seat, and all Super Bowl tickets given away to club seat holders. As for the rest? Let them eat Pro Bowl tickets!

Bonus - the DiGiorno pizza giveaway will be doubled for the peasants. A section from the upper AND the lower will win every homegame!

FYI ....They took away an entire section of winning a pizza a few years ago it is now down to one row in a given section .....

kstater
11-17-2011, 05:50 PM
FYI ....They took away an entire section of winning a pizza a few years ago it is now down to one row in a given section .....

That's probably the sponsor's decision, not the Chiefs.

Bugeater
11-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Well that will go along nicely with our lowered expectations for next year.

58kcfan89
11-17-2011, 06:03 PM

I don't know why, but it's kinda funny thinking about the Kansas City freaking Chiefs giving away tickets to the Pro Bowl or Super Bowl.

"Go watch other teams and other players play football! It'll be fun!"

Anyway, I don't give a shit how cheap tickets are (and as has been established, this won't impact hardly any of us, anyway), I'm not spending a dime until Cassel's gone (or at least not the starting QB anymore).

talastan
11-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Seals it.

Cassel is coming back.

If Cassel is back next season as starter w/o drafting a QB or a legit QB competition I'm proposing an "Occupy Arrowhead" movement!!!:mad:

Extra Point
11-17-2011, 06:19 PM
If Cassel is back next season as starter w/o drafting a QB or a legit QB competition I'm proposing an "Occupy Arrowhead" movement!!!:mad:

I'd be more for dis-occupy.

Fish
11-17-2011, 06:19 PM

LMAO...

Ticket - $75
Parking - $27
Beer - $8
Peanuts - $5

Winning a free $10 frozen pizza - Priceless!

R8RFAN
11-17-2011, 06:23 PM
There will be no QB drafted in the first round is what this means

whoman69
11-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I don't know why, but it's kinda funny thinking about the Kansas City freaking Chiefs giving away tickets to the Pro Bowl or Super Bowl.

"Go watch other teams and other players play football! It'll be fun!"

Anyway, I don't give a shit how cheap tickets are (and as has been established, this won't impact hardly any of us, anyway), I'm not spending a dime until Cassel's gone (or at least not the starting QB anymore).

Maybe they're hoping Herm will win since he never watches the game anyway.

Mr. Laz
11-17-2011, 06:47 PM
1. if they are lower the price of one thing they are raising the price on something else
2. if they fielded a real winner they wouldn't have to lower anything

bevischief
11-17-2011, 06:51 PM
It a trap.

Titty Meat
11-17-2011, 06:58 PM
1. if they are lower the price of one thing they are raising the price on something else
2. if they fielded a real winner they wouldn't have to lower anything

2013 the tv contracts go up so the team will make even more money. They could afford to cut a small % somewhere.

Old Dog
11-17-2011, 07:18 PM
"The due date for the first payment is January 17, 2012"

This is the part that gets me the most. I can almost certainly say I know of four that won't be renewed. To hell with playing full price for preseason games when I can often get tickets for under face on E-bay.

Bearcat
11-17-2011, 07:41 PM
"The due date for the first payment is January 17, 2012"

This is the part that gets me the most. I can almost certainly say I know of four that won't be renewed. To hell with playing full price for preseason games when I can often get tickets for under face on E-bay.

As a season ticket holder, you get the lowest price available!!!! $10 off single game tickets!!! This is super-amazing, because the $80 you save almost covers one of the two glorified practices you're required to purchase. That's right, you almost get one practice TOTALLY FREE!!!!!

bevischief
11-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Must have in-house dentists working on game day...

Thig Lyfe
11-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Meltdown city baby!!!!!

going to be priceless.

Why do you want the team to fail?