PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is playing Palko a waste of time?

Mr. Laz
11-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Does he have any real upside?

Sofa King
11-18-2011, 11:27 AM
No.

Dave Lane
11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
No upside but throwing Stanzi to the wolves on Monday night just isn't a wise decision.

WV
11-18-2011, 11:32 AM
I say keep playing Cassel....need to finish the job and make sure he doesn't come back next year.

gblowfish
11-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Every time Palko runs for his life Monday night, I'm going to drink and make noises like Daffy Duck...WOOOO WOOOO WOOOOO!!!!!!

Brock
11-18-2011, 11:33 AM
No upside but throwing Stanzi to the wolves on Monday night just isn't a wise decision.

What wolves? That defense would be a good one to put him up against.

Chiefnj2
11-18-2011, 11:33 AM
It's a waste, but they have no choice since the day of the draft they decided to sit Stanzi for the year.

Lin Elliot
11-18-2011, 11:34 AM
I say keep playing Cassel....need to finish the job and make sure he doesn't come back next year.

Sure, why not. He could throw left handed.

lewdog
Gotta give him a chance I suppose but I sure as hell hope he is on a short leash, and if he struggles, they put in Stanzi.

blaise
The whole thing is a waste of time.

bricks
I really don't see any point in playing Palko? If it was up to me, I'd rather take my chances with Stanzi. I'm interested in seeing what he can do or what type of potential/upside he has. Why should a scrap heap like Palko interfere with Stanzis playing time? And even if they feel that Stanzi is not ready they should of signed a savvy vet. Is Palko really the best this organization can do? It really shows how shit this organization is.

milkman
11-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Sure, why not. He could throw left handed.

Would we be able to notice a difference?

milkman
11-18-2011, 11:36 AM
The whole thing is a waste of time.

Since about 1972.

Dave Lane
11-18-2011, 11:38 AM
What wolves? That defense would be a good one to put him up against.

Thats true but thats a big stage to bust on without having even run with the 1st team.

pr_capone
11-18-2011, 11:39 AM

THIS

Gonzo
11-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Meh, give him a shot. You never know until you try.

Maybe he'll do something. Anything's better than Castole.

Coogs
11-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Not any bigger waste than playing Cassel the last three seasons has been. :shrug:

DaWolf
11-18-2011, 11:47 AM
There's always that curiosity to see if you have another Kurt Warner on your team, so I'd give him a couple of starts. But the reality is we're probably not going to see anything better than Croyle level play...

beach tribe
11-18-2011, 11:51 AM

This should have been an option.

FringeNC
11-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Not at all, if it exposes Cassel as a complete fraud.

suds79
11-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Yes. He has no shot at ever becoming the QB for this team.

You could most likely say the same for Stanzi but better to find out then left wondering.

The QB for this team unfortunately is not on the roster so it probably doesn't matter much.

Bugeater
11-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Probably not in Pioli's eyes. Much like last year's San Diego game, he's going to make the fans wish they had Cassel back.

suds79
11-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Probably not in Pioli's eyes. Much like last year's San Diego game, he's going to make the fans wish they had Cassel back.

How telling will it be if he's QB rating is roughly the same as Matts?

Not as though the bar is set too high. ;)

Lets hope he does it.

Coogs
11-18-2011, 12:04 PM
make the fans wish they had Cassel back.

Not a chance

donkhater
11-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Not at all, if it exposes Cassel as a complete fraud.

This.

Palko performing well in the next few weeks will only cement the notion that Cassell is NOT the answer.

Dayze
11-18-2011, 12:09 PM
I think they should see what they have in both Stanzi and Palko. Granted, it probalby won't be much, but they need to determine if either one of them can be a legit #2.

I doubt highly either of them will be the starter for this team short or long term, short of one of them playing completely lights out the remainder of the season.

Cassel will be back next year (again, unless Palko or Stanzi play lights out and expose Cassel for what he is), and hopefully we know who should be the back up by that point.

Bane
11-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Calm down bitches...Starting Palko is just the calm before the storm that is Stanzi.

Okie_Apparition
11-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Thomas Jones was listed as the starter when Charles was healthy

FAX
11-18-2011, 12:26 PM
It all depends on how he performs.

Things could get better or things could get worse. Or, things could get worse which could make them better in the long run. This would be worsebetter. Or, things could get better which could make them worse in the long ring. This is known as a betterworse. Or, things could get worse, then better, then worse some more ... a worsebetterworse. I don't have crystal balls, but I'm leaning toward a betterworsebetter on this deal.

FAX

MahiMike
11-18-2011, 12:30 PM
This is the natural progression. He needs to play Monday night cause he's 2nd in line. He needs to either lose 2 games very badly and/or have a minor injury. Then the fun starts with Stanzi.

Lzen
11-18-2011, 12:36 PM
From what I have seen from him in preseason, I would say that he has no upside. But I don't want to just write him off that way. I want to stay positive. Sometimes all a guy needs is an opportunity. Time will tell. If he sucks, I hope BRich allows a DE to plaster him so we can see what Stanzi has got.

Okie_Apparition
11-18-2011, 12:42 PM
You're right
I'm sure Tebow wowed in practice

DaKCMan AP
11-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Yes. /Awesome

Mr. Arrowhead
11-18-2011, 12:48 PM
nah, we are basically throwing him into the wolves with this 5 game stretch, then we start Stanzi the last 2 games

griZZly64
11-18-2011, 12:53 PM
He's never had a shot to show what he's got. Give him his chance to shine. If he sucks then the league will know he will never be more than a backup.

KurtCobain
11-18-2011, 12:59 PM
fans wish they had Cassel back.

There's an ice cube's chance up my anus of that happening.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-18-2011, 01:05 PM
You really couldn't give Stanzi a better opponent to prepare for. He'd have an extra day to go up against the worst pass D in the NFL. Yes, it's a high energy atmosphere, but it's a layup of a start.

KurtCobain
11-18-2011, 01:08 PM
You really couldn't give Stanzi a better opponent to prepare for. He'd have an extra day to go up against the worst pass D in the NFL. Yes, it's a high energy atmosphere, but it's a layup of a start.

I completely agree, and he'll have plenty of time on offense, because with any kind of decent passing game all of the Pats games are gonna be high scoring shootouts.

BoneKrusher
11-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Not any bigger waste than playing Cassel the last three seasons has been. :shrug:

now that was a real waste of time, money and a spot on the roster.

so based on that Palko deserves a game or two to show us what he can do.

HemiEd
11-18-2011, 01:11 PM
There's always that curiosity to see if you have another Kurt Warner on your team, so I'd give him a couple of starts. But the reality is we're probably not going to see anything better than Croyle level play...

Didn't you see enough of Palko during preseason?
I did, after making the trip to Green Bay, we were treated to a lot of his jump passes. He made me wish Cassel was back on the field, the very thought of that is disturbing.

The guy failed with New Orleans, Arizona, Pittsburgh, the CFL and the UFL! This guy could not make the roster on a CFL team or the California Redwoods of the UFL!

Haley knew him from the Arizona fail, and that has to be the only reason the guy is on the roster .

BoneKrusher
11-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Haley knew him from the Arizona fail, and that has to be the only reason the guy is on the roster .

a dude at SWDCD told me he was only on the Chiefs roster because Haley had a hardon for him, didnt know the connection, till now.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2011, 01:17 PM
No. But not for the reasons listed in the poll. Playing Palko is the right thing to do because we've seen what Cassel has and he hasn't gotten any better. It was time for a change, injury or not. Cassel's play has hit a brick wall. Palko isn't the answer obviously, nor is he any better than Cassel, but the experiment is over. And honestly if this is the type of football Haley wants to play (conservative, game managing QB, play not to lose, QB don't mess it up) and really does support Cassel then I don't want him coaching here anymore. Same goes with Pioli.

HemiEd
11-18-2011, 01:22 PM
a dude at SWDCD told me he was only on the Chiefs roster because Haley had a hardon for him, didnt know the connection, till now.

I sat right behind the Chiefs bench at Lambeau, and I would agree with what the dude told you. There seemed to be two players IMO that Haley had a "hardon" for, Piscatelli and Palko.

Epic Fail 007
11-18-2011, 01:40 PM
You negative people are so convinced that Palko will fail.Whatever!

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2011, 01:43 PM

No, this poll is in jest.

We actually think Palko is the next Steve Young...

4th and Long
11-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Every time Palko runs for his life Monday night, I'm going to drink and make noises like Daffy Duck...WOOOO WOOOO WOOOOO!!!!!!
:LOL:

You'rrrrrrrrrrrre ... dispicable!
http://cartoons-comics.deepthi.com/images/DaffyDuck.gif

Pasta Little Brioni
11-18-2011, 01:45 PM
We will see. He hasn't played enough in real games to judge either way.

BoneKrusher
11-18-2011, 01:51 PM

he cant be too much worse than Cassel, this team's going nowhere till he's gone.

Reerun_KC
11-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Its all wasted now... Palko or Stanzi, Neither matter, neither are the future of this franchise.

Lets hope they draft a QB soon.. This 3 ring circus of QB's is ROFL at best.

TRR
11-18-2011, 01:54 PM
nah, we are basically throwing him into the wolves with this 5 game stretch, then we start Stanzi the last 2 games

My problem with this is that if Stanzi does play well enough to show there is something there, then Pioli goes into the draft thinking he is going to rely on his 5th round QB for the 2012 season....all on a two game performance...Or he holds on to Cassel thinking he can go to Stanzi later in 2012.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
11-18-2011, 01:59 PM

Yep N.E defense sure sucked last week.No way they make changes during the week to address this.:doh!:

Chiefnj2
11-18-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm sure the guy who couldn't make the California Redwoods roster will do just fine against Bill Belichick.

BoneKrusher
11-18-2011, 02:03 PM

god i hope so, spending three years on Cassel was the dumbest move ever made by Pioli, i'd say.

Epic Fail 007
11-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Fact is palko has more between the ears than cassel.Plus hes from a good place for qbs Pennsylvania.

trndobrd
11-18-2011, 02:17 PM
To get an accurate look at Stanzi he needs a few weeks to transition from a non suiting up, no snaps with the first team during practic, 3rd string QB. Give Palko a couple starts to see if he's got anything and give Stanzi plenty of reps during practice. After a couple games when it's painfully obvious Palko doesn't have it, start Stanzi for the remaining games.

FAX
11-18-2011, 02:22 PM
To get an accurate look at Stanzi he needs a few weeks to transition from a non suiting up, no snaps with the first team during practic, 3rd string QB. Give Palko a couple starts to see if he's got anything and give Stanzi plenty of reps during practice. After a couple games when it's painfully obvious Palko doesn't have it, start Stanzi for the remaining games.

I don't grok the rush to start Stanzi ... other than the fact that we have been playing the worst quarterback in the history of mankind, that is.

Stanzi had no off-season, really. No training camp to speak of. No opportunity to learn, adapt, and improve. No individual attention. Once the season starts, it's all hands on deck to try and win games and player development is handled in the background.

As much as I'd like to see him under center, I can fully understand the reasons why he isn't.

FAX

keg in kc
11-18-2011, 02:25 PM
It's what they get for not signing an actual veteran backup. More than a few of us were wondering about that one and look where we are.

Hopefully he exceeds expectations.

MMXcalibur
11-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Its all wasted now... Palko or Stanzi, Neither matter, neither are the future of this franchise.

...uh, why not Stanzi? Or does a QB absolutely HAVE to be a first rounder for you to consider him the "future"?

BoneKrusher
11-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Stanzi had no off-season, really. No training camp to speak of. No opportunity to learn, adapt, and improve.

As much as I'd like to see him under center, I can fully understand the reasons why he isn't.

FAX

i understand that but he has to be better w/o an off season than Cassel with an off season.

let him learn on the fly, this teams going nowhere but the basement of the AFC West this season anyway.

ModSocks
11-18-2011, 02:31 PM
I don't grok the rush to start Stanzi ... other than the fact that we have been playing the worst quarterback in the history of mankind, that is.

Stanzi had no off-season, really. No training camp to speak of. No opportunity to learn, adapt, and improve. No individual attention. Once the season starts, it's all hands on deck to try and win games and player development is handled in the background.

FAX

You know who else didn't get most of that? Every other rookie Qb...but some of them seem to be doing just fine.

We need to know what Stanzi has...soon. Playing in the final week or two of the season will show us nothing. He'll be just as big of a mystery as he is right now.

How many games has Cassel had where he has thrown for less than 150? Hell, how many games does he have where he has thrown less than 100? You can't do any worse than that.

Throw him in the fire. Sink or swim.

If he sinks, then maybe he's just another guy.

FAX
11-18-2011, 02:36 PM
You know who else didn't get most of that? Every other rookie Qb...but some of them seem to be doing just fine.

We need to know what Stanzi has...soon. Playing in the final week or two of the season will show us nothing. He'll be just as big of a mystery as he is right now.

How many games has Cassel had where he has thrown for less than 150? Hell, how many games does he have where he has thrown less than 100? You can't do any worse than that.

Throw him in the fire. Sink or swim.

If he sinks, then maybe he's just another guy.

Well, I'm not going to disagree with all that. Still, I think the Chiefs thought they had a shot at the division early in the year ... given the amount of rampant suck in the AFCW.

Things are different now, it appears. Yet, not every rookie quarterback starts from the same place ... there are variables involved. Sink or swim sounds good and all, but if you're wearing 85 pounds of logchain, perhaps you should consider other alternatives also.

FAX