PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Need To Show More Aggression

bevischief
11-18-2011, 02:00 PM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/11/18/the-chiefs-have-lost-their-agressiveness/#more-32790

Chiefs Need To Show More Aggression

AUTHOR: Randy5k-Arrowhead Adventurer | IN: Chiefs | COMMENTS: 5 Comments |
Home » Chiefs » Chiefs Need To Show More Aggression

I had another great day at Arrowhead last Sunday!

Everything was fabulous but the football.

What disturbs me about Sundays game, and the current state of the team, is our lack of aggression.

The Chiefs are very tentative on offense as evidenced by the fact that our longest completion Sunday was fifteen yards. They simply can’t get away with that when they’re running game is in the shape it is in. Though Battle is serviceable, the absence of Charles hurts. If they are going to run short routes and dives between the tackles, they are never going to move the ball. The donkey butts stacked the box and put constant pressure on our hero Matt Cassel.

Defensively, the Chiefs are even less aggressive, which is absurd. It is a bend but don’t break philosophy.

Romeo is one of the best defensive coaches in the league. I have to believe he has more imagination than this. We have zero exotic blitz packages. Why is he being so passive?

Watching the Chiefs play football the last two weeks has been an absolutely miserable experience.

Change is needed and I say bring it on.

I am sorry Matt Cassel is hurt, I would not wish that on anyone. But Matt recently reminded us that situations like his are the reason he was able to move from a backup role with New England to a starting QB in Kansas City.

All in all it should be an interesting weekend. The upcoming games, I believe, will seal Matt Cassel’s future with the Kansas city Chiefs and the NFL in general.

I’m just not optimistic for him.

So what do you think Addicts? Will Matt be taking the snaps next year? I say no. What about Haley? I say the next training camp will see another head coach as well.

ModSocks
11-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Our Hero?

WTF?

Sofa King
11-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Our Hero?

WTF?

Lumpy needs to post in here with her sarcasm meter.

Iconic
11-18-2011, 02:14 PM
So what do you think Addicts? Will Matt be taking the snaps next year? I say no. What about Haley? I say the next training camp will see another head coach as well.

I liked this part best. The entire thing.

Fritz88
11-18-2011, 03:13 PM
TEBOW
Posted via Mobile Device

WV
11-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Does it matter when a clawless kitten gets aggressive?

Three7s
11-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Guess he didn't know Berry was injured. Would you want to blitz everyone with our shitty safeties back there?

Molitoth
11-18-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm guessing this week will be run,run,pass,punt.

Fansy the Famous Bard
11-18-2011, 04:04 PM

There's no guessing to this at all. You can confidently say it, as can the Pats.

This is gonna be Fugly.

durtyrute
11-18-2011, 04:06 PM
That's the understatement of the fucking century. We played like a bunch of pussies the last two weeks. I don't understand what is happening to the team.

Micjones
11-18-2011, 04:27 PM
I'd love to see this team play more aggressively on both sides of the ball.

But there are good reasons why that'll be tough to do.
The pass protection isn't there. Palko will spend lots of time on the ground unless we max protect.

Defensively we have a HUGE liability at Safety. We can send the house, but somebody's gonna get torched in coverage. And no one has shown the ability to close who doesn't have the name "Hali" on the back of their jersey.

FAX
11-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Does it matter when a clawless kitten gets aggressive?

Exactly.

He wants us to pad them to death.

FAX

suzzer99
11-18-2011, 04:30 PM
We have one pass rusher and zero D-Line bruisers who can collapse a pocket or get any kind of disruptive penetration. It's a bad combination. We need a Tommy Kelley.

Fritz88
11-18-2011, 04:31 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/000/015/orly.jpg?1229112642

FlaChief58
11-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Send Mike Cashole packing now! I'm ok with keeping Haley & co for another year given the injuries to our best players. If they shit themselves again next year, make the change.

Edit: Please get a good O cordinator

Psyko Tek
11-18-2011, 04:54 PM
fuck it this week is the pats
next week is the steelers
we are saupposed to get killed

so WTF
just go for broke
if we lose no body notices
but if we can pull it out

Caseyguyrr
11-18-2011, 04:55 PM

classic marty-ball

Okie_Apparition
11-18-2011, 05:22 PM
The Chiefs have not won since they went into the crowd wearing scream & clown masks on Halloween. The blood of a chicken will be needed to lift the curse that offended those offended. Luckly Cassel had surgery this week

milkman
11-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Guess he didn't know Berry was injured. Would you want to blitz everyone with our shitty safeties back there?

When you blitz, you have to play a tight man coverage.

Even without blitzes, where are the stunts?

Crennel's idea of rushing the passer seems to be line 'em up and engage with the blocker on front of you.

He's making the O-Line's job easy.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-18-2011, 07:48 PM
When you blitz, you have to play a tight man coverage.

Even without blitzes, where are the stunts?

Crennel's idea of rushing the passer seems to be line 'em up and engage with the blocker on front of you.

He's making the O-Line's job easy.

I thought Patty Cakes Krumrie was gone?? Same old bullshit.

O.city
11-18-2011, 08:09 PM
I think he's been gunshy blitz wise since Berry went down. Some on here do but some on here don't really get how good/important Berry was to this defense.

Extra Point
11-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Chiefs need to show hands up when rushing the QB. The ball has been dropped in this phase, too many times.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-18-2011, 08:43 PM
I think he's been gunshy blitz wise since Berry went down. Some on here do but some on here don't really get how good/important Berry was to this defense.

I've made note of it several times. This looks exactly like the D the year before they took Berry. No passrush and safeties blowing too many takles against the run.

milkman
11-18-2011, 08:50 PM

I know how good Berry is, but I also know that you can not simply let the QB sit back in the pocket and pick you apart.

Safety is an issue in either case, and I'd take my chances at creating a mistake with pressure.

milkman
11-18-2011, 08:52 PM
And as I asked earlier, where are the stunts?

You can sometimes create pressure simply by confusing the O-Line with stunts, and we never do that.

BossChief
11-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Truth be told, I'm really disappointed in Justin Houston so far.

I know he hasn't been brought on the blitz very often, but when he has he hasnt done a damn thing with the opportunity.

We need that guy to have the light go on or something because so far, he has been very underwhelming.

O.city
11-18-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm gonna cut Houston some slack. He's played 10 games in the NFL. He has showed promise at times but agree he needs to turn it on.

Titty Meat
11-18-2011, 09:06 PM
I'd like to see them play with less aggression so we can draftt Barkley.

T-post Tom
11-18-2011, 09:17 PM

The author is aware of Berry's injury and he never suggested to "blitz everyone".

O.city
11-18-2011, 09:22 PM
I know how good Berry is, but I also know that you can not simply let the QB sit back in the pocket and pick you apart.

Safety is an issue in either case, and I'd take my chances at creating a mistake with pressure.

This is true. I just think Romeo thinks if he can try and make a team drive long enough Tamba will get there.

Not a good way to think as he gets triple teamed now. We very seldomely even bring 5.

Three7s
11-18-2011, 10:15 PM
The author is aware of Berry's injury and he never suggested to "blitz everyone".
Way to be literal. :rolleyes:

BossChief
11-18-2011, 11:17 PM
I must be missing something here.

If I have a weakness in coverage, I would want to do whatever it takes to lessen the time they do have to cover...not the other way around.

Using Houston the way we do is eerily similar to the way we signed Kendrell Bell and made him a 4-3 cover 2 LB.

brett
11-19-2011, 12:43 PM
deff need more agression but how do we get it ? :S (without drop)

suzzer99
11-19-2011, 12:44 PM
It's pretty depressing that we spent the #3 and #5 overall pick on 3-4 defensive ends who are decent against the run but never disrupt anything in the passing game (except the occasional batted ball).

Just think if things worked a little differently and we got Suh and Raji.

Rausch
11-19-2011, 12:49 PM
And as I asked earlier, where are the stunts?

You can sometimes create pressure simply by confusing the O-Line with stunts, and we never do that.

The entire team has no identity.

Period.

When you're as inconsistent as this the OC/DC doesn't know what to do.

I have witnessed NOTHING so far that would lead me to believe Haley is a legit OC and sure as $3it nothing to make me think he's a respectable HC...

whoman69
11-19-2011, 02:57 PM
The Chiefs have been playing like they have Buzz Lightyear up their ass.

The Iron Chief
11-19-2011, 06:12 PM

I dont think Matts going to take any snaps and I doubt Haley will be taking any snaps either.