PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli: Belichick draft criticism 'ridiculous'

Hammock Parties
11-20-2011, 11:28 PM
LMAO

Thick as thieves.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21156256/pioli-belichick-draft-criticism-ridiculous

Chiefs GM and former Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli, in an appearance on The Big Show, said that criticism of the draft and player personnel record of Patriots coach Bill Belichick was "ridiculous." While some of Belichick's player moves have come under scrutiny in the years since Pioli left New England for the Chiefs after the 2008 season, the architect of the Chiefs -- who spent 16 years working with Belichick in the NFL -- said that Belichick remains the best coach in the NFL and that the Patriots front office continues to assemble strong groups.

"I haven’t paid attention to it but I just think it’s ridiculous, quite honestly," Pioli said of such criticism. "The reality is Bill’s done a great job with that football team. Bill does a great job with personnel."

"What happened dring our time here together for the nine years was special. ... A lot of things came together, the alignment of a lot of things: ownership, coaching, players and all the other people," he added. "It’s inevitable that things are going to change. I’m not sure why Patriots fans are disillusioned at different times, because they’re gong to be in the hunt every year. They still have great ownership, they still have the best coach in the NFL and there’s a lot of good people there that are finding players. It’s still a special place. Don’t worry, Patriots fans."

Pioli, who will be returning to Gillette Stadium for the first time in his three seasons with the Chiefs, said that the Monday Night game in Foxboro will result in "a lot of mixed emotions. It’s going to be a business trip, [but] ... I know for me, it will be impossible for me to remain unaffected emotionally by seeing those people, going back into Gillette Stadium."

Mecca
11-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Done a great job assembling that defense eh? How about finding a pass rusher...he'd be great if you were judged on drafting TE's but after picking 50 of them he finally found some.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-20-2011, 11:35 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/draft.htm

It's shitty.

Bugeater
11-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Pioli is just kissing ass hoping BB doesn't embarrass his trainwreck of a team too badly.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Are some of the Pats fans who said jerking off Green Bays drafts was ridiculous still around?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-20-2011, 11:36 PM
The Patriots haven't drafted a player in 8 years that has accumulated more than 4 sacks for them in their entire career to this point.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 11:37 PM
The Patriots haven't drafted a player in 8 years that has accumulated more than 4 sacks for them in their entire career to this point.

But it was smart to trade down and pass on Clay Matthews because getting 4 slapdicks>game changing pass rusher.

ClamChowdah
11-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Just another year for King Belichick, just continues to rack up the wins does the greatest coach in the history of football.

This team is going to win 12 games.

Brock
11-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Just another year for King Belichick, just continues to rack up the wins does the greatest coach in the history of football.

LMAO k.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-20-2011, 11:40 PM

And get their ass fucked into a pink sock in the playoffs.

ClamChowdah
But it was smart to trade down and pass on Clay Matthews because getting 4 slapdicks>game changing pass rusher.

Clay Matthews, where has he been this year?

The Green Bay defense has been no better than the Patriots.

Mecca

Last playoff win was when junior? If you haven't noticed that team up in Green Bay is surpassing them.

ClamChowdah
11-20-2011, 11:42 PM
LMAO k.

vs Kansas City
@ Philadelphia
vs Indianapolis
@ Washington
@ Denver
vs Miami
vs Buffalo

Thats our remaining schedule, at worst, we go 5-2 and end up 11-5.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 11:43 PM
vs Kansas City
@ Philadelphia
vs Indianapolis
@ Washington
@ Denver
vs Miami
vs Buffalo

Aspiring to make the playoffs and lose, are you a Chiefs fan?

ClamChowdah
Last playoff win was when junior? If you haven't noticed that team up in Green Bay is surpassing them.

They've won one Superbowl, one, thats it.

There defense is as bad as ours, they can't stop a nosebleed, they will come unstuck.

ClamChowdah
Aspiring to make the playoffs and lose, are you a Chiefs fan?

Who says we will lose?

The AFC is wide open, we can beat anyone.

Brock
11-20-2011, 11:44 PM
vs Kansas City
@ Philadelphia
vs Indianapolis
@ Washington
@ Denver
vs Miami
vs Buffalo

That's not what I'm laughing about.

"greatest coach in history of football" LMAO You're a cartoon character.

JD10367
11-20-2011, 11:45 PM

Please find a fire, and die in it.

As for Belichick's drafting... Of course Pioli is defending it. Because he was also responsible for a lot of the suckitude. The drafts have been by and large hideous, with a few exceptions. Luckily they were balanced out by having Brady, drafting a few no-brainers (Seymour, Wilfork), and some savvy pickups (Vrabel, Welker, Harrison). Of all the moves since 2000, Belichick's best will probably turn out to be the two TEs he just picked up (Gronk and AHern).

ClamChowdah
11-20-2011, 11:45 PM
That's not what I'm laughing about.

"greatest coach in history of football" LMAO You're a cartoon character.

Whats funny, the guy has 5 Superbowl rings.

Brock
11-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Whats funny, the guy has 5 Superbowl rings.

He's not even the best coach in the game RIGHT NOW, let alone in league history.

ClamChowdah
11-20-2011, 11:50 PM
Nobody has put together a run like this under the salary cap, its not just about Championships that makes him so impressive either, its consistantly winning, the Bill Belichick era ladies and gentlemen.

2000 - 5-11
2001 - 11-5 (Won Superbowl)
2002 - 9-7
2003 - 14-2 (Won Superbowl)
2004 - 14-2 (Won Superbowl)
2005 - 10-6
2006 - 12-4
2007 - 16-0 (Lost Superbowl)
2008 - 11-5 * Without Brady
2009 - 10-6
2010 - 14-2
2011 - 6-3

ClamChowdah
11-20-2011, 11:51 PM
He's not even the best coach in the game RIGHT NOW, let alone in league history.

ROFL ROFL

Are you on the stupid living in the moment bandwagon who thinks Mike McCarthy is the best and Aaron Rodgers is the greatest of all time? LMAO

HoneyBadger
11-20-2011, 11:52 PM
If Belichick can assemble a decent defense in this years draft, they might be good for several more years, until Brady is done.

ClamChowdah
11-20-2011, 11:53 PM
If Belichick can assemble a decent defense in this years draft, they might be good for several more years, until Brady is done.

Ryan Mallet is waiting in the wings being groomed by the greatest coach in history to sling it all over the NFL, we'll be running up the score again in no time.

HoneyBadger
11-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Ryan Mallet is waiting in the wings being groomed by the greatest coach in history to sling it all over the NFL, we'll be running up the score again in no time.

The Patriots are just like the Colts, nothing without their QB.

ClamChowdah
11-20-2011, 11:56 PM
The Patriots are just like the Colts, nothing without their QB.

Did you miss the 2008 season when we won 11 games with your "star QB" Matt Cassel?

There is always some excuse the opposition has to discredit Belichick and the Patriots, we've had almost an entire defense injured this season players coming in off the street literally and starting and we're still 6-3 and are now hitting the easy part of our schedule.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2011, 11:56 PM

Good luck winning with a 4th round pick. Magic doesn't strike twice dipshit.

ClamChowdah
11-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Good luck winning with a 4th round pick. Magic doesn't strike twice dipshit.

3rd round actually and he was the top rated QB on the Patriots draft board, ahead of Newton.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Your defense sucks. Cassel sucks. All of your defectors suck. Your ex-player analysts suck.

I don't like your jerk-off team, I don't like your jerk-off fans, I don't like your jerk-off drafting strategy, and most of all, I don't like you, jerk-off.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-21-2011, 12:01 AM
3rd round actually and he was the top rated QB on the Patriots draft board, ahead of Newton.

You just proved how fucking stupid the Patriots are with the draft. A guy that no one wanted in the top two rounds with coke and booze problems was their top rated QB.

Brock
11-21-2011, 12:01 AM

That should tell you something right there.

HoneyBadger
11-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Did you miss the 2008 season when we won 11 games with your "star QB" Matt Cassel?

There is always some excuse the opposition has to discredit Belichick and the Patriots, we've had almost an entire defense injured this season players coming in off the street literally and starting and we're still 6-3 and are now hitting the easy part of our schedule.

Cassel is better than Painter. Did yuh ever think of that?

ClamChowdah
11-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Your defense sucks. Cassel sucks. All of your defectors suck. Your ex-player analysts suck.

I don't like your jerk-off team, I don't like your jerk-off fans, I don't like your jerk-off drafting strategy, and most of all, I don't like you, jerk-off.

THE PATRIOTS SUCK

AT LOSING GAMES WE SUCK AT LOSING GAMES.

ClamChowdah
11-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Cassel is better than Painter. Did yuh ever think of that?

Exactly, smart coach Bill is prepared if his hall of fame QB goes down, he has a backup plan, thats the Patriot way.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-21-2011, 12:05 AM
THE PATRIOTS SUCK

AT LOSING GAMES WE SUCK AT LOSING GAMES.

You also suck at realizing when the bar is closing and there's nothing but uglies left.

ClamChowdah
11-21-2011, 12:07 AM
If the Patriots and Chiefs swapped head coaches at the start of this season, the Chiefs would win the AFC West and the Patriots would be lucky to hold off the .500 Jets, that says it all right there, good teams don't lay eggs like the Chiefs do, thats badly coached unprepared teams who turn up as favorite to win and lose by 40.

TEX
11-21-2011, 12:09 AM
If the Patriots and Chiefs swapped head coaches at the start of this season, the Chiefs would win the AFC West and the Patriots would be lucky to hold off the .500 Jets, that says it all right there, good teams don't lay eggs like the Chiefs do, thats badly coached unprepared teams who turn up as favorite to win and lose by 40.

This. All day long.

BigMeatballDave
11-21-2011, 12:13 AM
This. All day long.

Are you really going to align yourself with this troll?

Dave Lane
11-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Done a great job assembling that defense eh? How about finding a pass rusher...he'd be great if you were judged on drafting TE's but after picking 50 of them he finally found some.

You got one handy by any chance? It would look great on your Chiefs Head Scout resume to have a get like that there.

listopencil
11-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Jesus, how many multiple accounts does Gochiefs have, for fuck's sake?

BigMeatballDave
11-21-2011, 12:24 AM
LMAO

Mecca's timing is impeccable.

0-3 Mecca appears.

4 wins, no show.

2 losses, lol

TEX
11-21-2011, 12:27 AM
Are you really going to align yourself with this troll?

Not "aligning" myself with anyone - the truth is the truth. I don't care who says it.

Brock
11-21-2011, 12:30 AM
Sure, if Tom Brady comes with him.

BigMeatballDave
11-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Not "aligning" myself with anyone - the truth is the truth. I don't care who says it.

Not exactly. Cassel won 11 games with a team that went 16-0 the yr before.

BigMeatballDave
11-21-2011, 12:38 AM
And one of those wins was against a 2-14 Chiefs team.

tk13
11-21-2011, 12:41 AM
I've said this before, but I hate that argument. Like it's some kind of fail that the Pats didn't go 16-0 again. That's insane. That was the greatest regular season performance in history. If Cassel took over and they went 4-12 and he pulled a Painter... that'd be something. But 99% of the time that team was good enough to make the playoffs.

Titty Meat
11-21-2011, 12:48 AM
This looks like it could be the final stage of a long civil war between the Draftubators & The Pro Patriot way folks. After we finish 4-12 Cassel will be gone, coaches will be fired, and arguments will have been won.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-21-2011, 12:50 AM
This looks like it could be the final stage of a long civil war between the Draftubators & The Pro Patriot way folks. After we finish 4-12 Cassel will be gone, coaches will be fired, and arguments will have been won.

Then I want my fucking chance to turn Atlanta into a tinderbox.

Titty Meat
11-21-2011, 12:56 AM
Then I want my ****ing chance to turn Atlanta into a tinderbox.

To be fair Dimitroff has drafted differently and I don't think I've ever heard him mention the right 53 garbage.

ClamChowdah
11-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Bill Belichick is so brilliant even has his own fashion line, the hoodie truly is a fashion statement.

When i play Madden i wear my Patriots hoodie and my players instantly perform 75% better than expected, Belichick factor baby.

Amnorix
11-21-2011, 07:29 AM

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, that was obviously the worst mistake.

But just as obviously, 25 or so other teams also didn't know what Clay Matthews was going to be or he wouldn't have lasted that long...

Amnorix
11-21-2011, 07:30 AM

Who hasn't noticed what the Packers are doing.

What's your point? Fire Belichick? Is that what you would do? Brilliant!

Amnorix
11-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Please find a fire, and die in it.

As for Belichick's drafting... Of course Pioli is defending it. Because he was also responsible for a lot of the suckitude.

This. He was there for 2006-08, which were the worst of them...

The drafts have been by and large hideous, with a few exceptions. Luckily they were balanced out by having Brady, drafting a few no-brainers (Seymour, Wilfork), and some savvy pickups (Vrabel, Welker, Harrison). Of all the moves since 2000, Belichick's best will probably turn out to be the two TEs he just picked up (Gronk and AHern).

I don't think Seymour was a no-brainer, though he wasn't a BRILLIANT that you took this guy so high pick either. Idiot Borges' mouthings come to mind, of course, about what a mistake it was to take Seymour there, but I don't think he was entirely alone.

He certainly hit very well on many picks earlier in his Patriots drafting career. Matt Light, a 10+ year starting left tackle with a couple Pro Bowls under his belt early in the 2nd, Deion Branch in the 2nd, David Givens in the 7th, 'Sante in teh 4th and Koppen in the 5th. There were a number of hits outside the first round.

That lasted through '05, really. Some idiots on here are saying '04 was the last good draft, or Wilfork the last great pick or whatever, but that doesn't make any sense. Mankins was considered by many a reach with the last pick in the first round in '05, but was a very good pick. Hobbs and Kaczur, both starters in the 3rd, Sanders (ditto) in the 4th, and a good prospect QB in the 7th who will remain nameless that we later packaged up to get a high 2nd from another team (cough)

'06 was a bad draft. '07 was, seemingly, a weak draft class. BB didn't seem to like it as he dumped picks to get veterans (Moss/Welker) or picks in '08. Meriweather wasn't a good pick in the 1st, and after that we didn't pick again until the 4th, and nobody worked out after that, so yeah, nothing good there.

'08 was a bad draft for teh Patriots also, with Jerod Mayo being the lone exception. Slater was a good pick for the 5th round, but he's not going to the HOF or anything.

'09 was a mixed bag. Some very good (Chung, Vollmer, Ohrnberger, Pryor, Edelman) relative to their spots. Others mediocre/bad (Brace, Butler, McKenzie etc.)

'10 was awesome, assuming McCourty's rookie year is more indicative of his career than what happened so far this year. Of course, the one pick that really stands out as not working out is Cunningham, the one that we perhaps needed to work out the most.

'11 -- it's early. So far mixed reviews. Some guys can't stay healthy. Others have contributed and been solid.

Over the entire length of time, however, Belichick's drafts and performance as GM have been at least average if not above average. The "problem" is that the problem drafts happened in a group, and recently, and we continue to pay the price for them.

the Talking Can
11-21-2011, 07:42 AM
relative to the number of picks they've had, their drafting has been lacking

weirdest to me i their inability to find a RB...imagine Brady with Rice/Charles/Forte etc....it's criminal, there are good RBs all over the draft and they can't or won't find one...WR too, honestly...

Amnorix
11-21-2011, 07:44 AM
You just proved how fucking stupid the Patriots are with the draft. A guy that no one wanted in the top two rounds with coke and booze problems was their top rated QB.

Why are you acting like what this guy speaks is the truth?

Amnorix
11-21-2011, 07:45 AM

Source?

IA_Chiefs_fan
11-21-2011, 07:47 AM

Well stated...

Amnorix
11-21-2011, 07:48 AM
relative to the number of picks they've had, their drafting over the last few yearshas been lacking

Yes. But over the entire 10 years, no.

weirdest to me i their inability to find a RB...imagine Brady with Rice/Charles/Forte etc....it's criminal, there are good RBs all over the draft and they can't or won't find one...WR too, honestly...

It's fairly clear the Patriots don't think investing very high picks in RB is very worthwhile. Maroney is the only 1st round pick they've invested in RB. The latest book by Holley says they were primed to take Steven Jackson until Wilfork fell into their laps. That certainly would have been fine.

Other than that, until 2011, they have NEVER spent a 1st or 2nd round pick on a RB under Belichick, and only one 3rd, in 2000.

WR, yes. The Patriots have thrown themselves on a spike when it comes to high (esp. 2nd round) picks at WR and DB. WAAAY too many failures. The DB failures are especially haunting the team now, and has been for 2-3 years.

the Talking Can
11-21-2011, 07:52 AM
well, obviously I wasn't talking about a decade ago..but I forget how fucking pedantic pats fan are....god forbid you discuss the Pat's in unapproved ways...

Amnorix
11-21-2011, 07:55 AM
well, obviously I wasn't talking about a decade ago..but I forget how fucking pedantic pats fan are....god forbid you discuss the Pat's in unapproved ways...

People on here are saying BB sucks as a GM. That's ridiculous. You don't cherry pick years to analyze that. That's all I'm saying.

You watn to say the Pats drafts lately have been lacking, fine, but I'm just trying to make sure that the criticism is properly balanced.

DeezNutz
11-21-2011, 08:01 AM
"I haven't paid attention to it, but I just think it's ridiculous."

Nice contradiction, Scott. And since you're reading everything, including probably taking a peek at fan message boards, let me welcome you to CP. We want you to do great things in KC. To accomplish this, I would like to offer a friendly suggestion:

Gently and slowly back away from The Tree. I realize that your lips will miss their binky, but avoiding The Tree will also help prevent further potentially career-ending mistakes. See: Matt Cassel and the '09 draft. Yeah, we know you ****ed up. But getting your lips off The Tree will allow you to see around it. You're welcome.

In closing, if a player weighs less than 150 lbs., don't draft him in the second round, and 3-4 defenses tend to work best with a viable NT.

beach tribe
11-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Are some of the Pats fans who said jerking off Green Bays drafts was ridiculous still around?
Are you seriously going to come in here and start beating your chest about personnel decisions?
Oh that's right the Chiefs aren't doing well, I should have expected as much.
Show all the n00bs a picture of the girl you're banging.

OnTheWarpath15
11-21-2011, 08:22 AM

Nice contradiction, Scott. And since you're reading everything, including probably taking a peek at fan message boards, let me welcome you to CP. We want you to do great things in KC. To accomplish this, I would like to offer a friendly suggestion:

Gently and slowly back away from The Tree. I realize that your lips will miss their binky, but avoiding The Tree will also help prevent further potentially career-ending mistakes. See: Matt Cassel and the '09 draft. Yeah, we know you ****ed up. But getting your lips off The Tree will allow you to see around it. You're welcome.

In closing, if a player weighs less than 150 lbs., don't draft him in the second round, and 3-4 defenses tend to work best with a viable NT.

I am quoting this post to show my agreement with its content.

beach tribe
11-21-2011, 08:24 AM

No it won't.
Who's getting fired???

JD10367
11-21-2011, 09:10 AM
I think there's a middle ground between "Belichick is God" (chowda mult) and "Belichick isn't even the best coach in the game right now" (Brock).

It's pretty clear that Belichick is one of the best coaches in NFL history. He's won two SBs as a defensive coordinator (with one of those game plans going to Canton). He's won three SBs as a head coach and been to a 4th, and was one ref's non-call on "in the grasp" away from going 19-0. He's made chicken salad with chicken shit (using castaway DBs a lot of the time, and using Matt Cassel to go 11-5).

Yes, he is lucky to have had Brady: but it's not like Brady was a seasoned starter when Belichick came to town. They picked him, they groomed him, they kept him as a 4th QB, they elevated him to backup, and post-2001 we now know that they were contemplating pulling Bledsoe for Brady even before Mo Lewis made the decision moot. And the other greats had theirs too. Lombardi had Bart Starr. Noll had Terry Bradshaw. Bill Walsh had Joe Montana. Shula is the only exception, who actually won SBs without a stud QB (but with a very strong team otherwise); the one time Shula DID have a stud QB (Marino) he dominated the AFCE for years and did make one SB, although he lost it.

Much like, when you discuss the greatest NFL QBs, you include Brady and those names above, you include Belichick and those names above when you discuss greatest NFL HCs. "Greatest ever"? I'll get back to you on that in 20 years. Right now, he's one of the greatest, and certainly in the salary-cap era he's proven the ability to keep the ship afloat and competitive. But as we've seen by many of his draft and FA failures he's not infallible. As I said elsewhere, if the man was a little better at drafting and signing he might have more SB rings by now. And he's made some strange decisions which have also cost him (e.g. letting Branch go but not replacing the productivity; dumping about 35 defensive backs this year and now paying the price for it).

Someone mentioned running backs. IMO, when it comes to running backs, the Pats have never really failed because they've never really tried. They've always concentrated on a pass-blocking O-line and throwing the ball--which makes sense, when you have a Tom Brady. Even tonight, despite KC's run defense woes, I bet you don't see a lot of running. And why would they, really? They pass so well. I think they CAN run, if they put their mind to it more often, but they don't. And, granted, sometimes that bites them in the ass; the running game, like a muscle in the body, atrophies if not exercised, and it cost them in the Giants SB. Which is why I'd like to see a bit more running from them, because they'll need it more as the weather turns cold. We know BJGE can at least get the job done, and we've seen flashes from Ridley, so I'm hoping the Pats jump out to a ridiculous halftime lead (I'd like, say, 31-3) so they can spend the rest of the night exercising the run and letting Brady drink Gatorade.

WhiteWhale
11-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Goddamn guys, you make all chiefs fans sound like whiny bitter little bitches.

Next let's all mock SF for their terrible MLB. Then we can talk about how much the Cardinals star WR is a pile of shit. Hey, I KNOW! Next let's explain to everyone how much Adrian Peterson is a over-rated pile of shit!

It's embarrassing that you guys spew this crap you don't even believe, no doubt born from insecurity because the Chiefs fucking SUCK!

I'd be perfectly happy to have had the Patriots success over the past 10 years, but you all act like it was a fuckin' mirage.

Brock
11-21-2011, 11:08 AM
The patriot way:

1. Fall ass backwards into a HOF QB.
2. ???
3. Profit!!!!

Rasputin
11-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Pioli is just kissing ass hoping BB doesn't embarrass his trainwreck of a team too badly.

He maybe just kissing ass to get his old job back? Hell he tried hard enough to make the KC Chiefs into the Patriots & so far hasn't worked out to plan.

Rasputin
11-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Pioli is now out there looking at Patriots 3rd string QB & BB is touting his tallents for a 3rd round pick. They may get a deal done for a 2nd rounder for the 3string QB if the Patriots throw in 35yo (next year 36) Marshal Faulk.

whoman69
11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
I think to a certain extent they fell into the Colts trap of building the team around the QB. When that QB doesn't come through they don't have enough to win. They've also been drafting in the bottom third of the draft for the last decade. Many teams passed on Clay Matthews and it was a pick that brought a lot of criticism at the time. Does Matthews fit in the Pats defense? I think he could make it work, but he isn't setting the world on fire right now. Most thought his career would pretty much match this year.

Bellichick was a big part of the success of the Pats from his schemes to his leadership to his personnel input. I think he gave up on a few players too soon to get draft picks. He fell into the wisdom that players are just parts of engine that can be replaced. He did hoodwink the Chiefs to get Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd.

FAX
11-21-2011, 02:23 PM
I'll tell you what's ridiculous. Pioli. He's ridiculous.

He trades for Cassel and gets Wild Bill to throw in Vrabel so he looks smart to the fans and the media. Then, we find out that Vrabel could play quarterback better than Cassel, but we're stuck with Cassel for like ... forever ... because the damn guy is a zombie or something and cannot die.

Then, on top of all that, he tells Haley that we have to start Cassel on account of all the money that Clark is shelling out and if he doesn't like it he can speak with Clark about it but Haley knows that he cannot do that because he's been getting naked text messages from Clark's wife.

And, I'm not even going to mention the murder threats.

FAX

Hammock Parties
11-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Jesus, how many multiple accounts does Gochiefs have, for fuck's sake?

LMAO

Zero.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2011, 02:32 PM

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

I love a good Deez beatdown.

Drafturbators, mount up! The time of reckoning is nigh!

GloryDayz
11-21-2011, 02:41 PM
LMAO

Thick as thieves.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21156256/pioli-belichick-draft-criticism-ridiculous

""a lot of mixed emotions. It’s going to be a business trip, [but] ... I know for me, it will be impossible for me to remain unaffected emotionally by seeing those people, going back into Gillette Stadium.""

Since he's so emotional, maybe he can just stay there! Obviously he's not got the same emotion here, nor does he have ties to this team. So move on Oprah...

FAX
11-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Since he's so emotional, maybe he can just stay there! Obviously he's not got the same emotion here, nor does he have ties to this team. So move on Oprah...

Really.

And take your dumbass quarterback with you.

FAX

Dartgod
11-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Then, on top of all that, he tells Haley that we have to start Cassel on account of all the money that Clark is shelling out and if he doesn't like it he can speak with Clark about it but Haley knows that he cannot do that because he's been getting naked text messages from Clark's wife.

And, I'm not even going to mention the murder threats.

FAX

Link?

Titty Meat
11-21-2011, 03:17 PM
No it won't.
Who's getting fired???

Todd Haley certainly is.

Bewbies
11-21-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm sick of talking about the Patriots. If they don't get Brady they don't have the "greatest coach of all time" they don't have coaches and GM's and scouts running other teams and nobody is trying to model them.

Hitting the lottery with Brady makes everyone else look a lot smarter than they actually are.

But I'll give them this, they have done a better job than the Colts, another team everyone worships that sucks at drafting.

vailpass
11-21-2011, 03:38 PM

How long you been watching football? 9 years?

ClamChowdah
11-21-2011, 03:47 PM
How long you been watching football? 9 years?

Belichicks resume stands up against any coach in the history of football, 2 rings as a defensive coordinator, 3 more as a head coach, consistantly having winning seasons in the salary cap era, no other coach has achived what he has.

vailpass
11-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Belichicks resume stands up against any coach in the history of football, 2 rings as a defensive coordinator, 3 more as a head coach, consistantly having winning seasons in the salary cap era, no other coach has achived what he has.

LMAO You poor bastard. Cleveland loves you.

ClamChowdah
11-21-2011, 04:09 PM

Belichick had even turned the Browns around and took them to the playoffs and won a playoff game before they decided to pull the rug out from under the franchise and sink the ship the very next season.

Rausch
11-21-2011, 04:13 PM
I guess I'm out of the loop but from what I see a failure for a Pats fan is only 1 or 2 playoff wins.

Hard to throw stones there...

Brock
11-21-2011, 04:20 PM
I remember when Mike Shanahan used to be thought of as a great coach.

Rausch
11-21-2011, 04:23 PM

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2011/7/11/15/enhanced-buzz-5832-1310411994-40.jpg

ClamChowdah
11-21-2011, 04:25 PM

Its funny people call Belichick a failure in Cleveland but his 11-5 season and winning a playoff game is the Browns best season in the last 25 years, he has been proven both as a defensive coordinator with a gameplan in the hall of fame and a head coach.

Brock
11-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Its funny people call Belichick a failure in Cleveland but his 11-5 season and winning a playoff game is the Browns best season in the last 25 years, he has been proven both as a defensive coordinator with a gameplan in the hall of fame and a head coach.

I'm not calling him a failure.

vailpass
11-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Belichick had even turned the Browns around and took them to the playoffs and won a playoff game before they decided to pull the rug out from under the franchise and sink the ship the very next season.

:LOL: You like apples?

Amnorix
11-21-2011, 04:46 PM

You need to know your football history better.

First, every GREAT coach had a GREAT QB, by and large, with very few exceptions. And many either failed subsequently, or had failed previously, or whatever.

vailpass
11-21-2011, 04:48 PM

First, every GREAT coach had a GREAT QB, by and large, with very few exceptions. And many either failed subsequently, or had failed previously, or whatever.

You have me mistaken for someone that said a coach isn't made by a great QB.
I'm a Denver fan, remember? IMO the players are 9/10 of the team's success or failure, not the other way around.

Rausch
11-21-2011, 04:53 PM

First, every GREAT coach had a GREAT QB, by and large, with very few exceptions.

chiefzilla1501
11-21-2011, 04:54 PM
I guess I'm out of the loop but from what I see a failure for a Pats fan is only 1 or 2 playoff wins.

Hard to throw stones there...

You're not out of the loop. People are just being ridiculous.

The team has been to 5 Super Bowls. They are always in the Super Bowl hunt. And yes, they won 11 games with Matt Cassel on a decent schedule, which speaks volumes about how good the coaching and supporting cast were there. It's not like in Indy where they lost their starter and everything collapsed.

The team is and was a very well-run team. I hate that Pioli force-fitted the Patriot Way onto Kansas City and they haven't drafted like they used to, but trying to discredit the Pats regime is laughable.

vailpass
11-21-2011, 04:59 PM
You're not out of the loop. People are just being ridiculous.

The team has been to 5 Super Bowls. They are always in the Super Bowl hunt. And yes, they won 11 games with Matt Cassel on a decent schedule, which speaks volumes about how good the coaching and supporting cast were there. It's not like in Indy where they lost their starter and everything collapsed.

The team is and was a very well-run team. I hate that Pioli force-fitted the Patriot Way onto Kansas City and they haven't drafted like they used to, but trying to discredit the Pats regime is laughable.

Not agreeing that Belichik is "hands down the greatest football coach of all time" is not the same as discrediting the Patriots success in the Tom Brady era.

Amnorix
11-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Not agreeing that Belichik is "hands down the greatest football coach of all time" is not the same as discrediting the Patriots success in the Tom Brady era.

Fair enough.

KurtCobain
11-21-2011, 05:30 PM
LMAO

Mecca's timing is impeccable.

0-3 Mecca appears.

4 wins, no show.

2 losses, lol

Losing to tebow was sure to do the trick.
Posted via Mobile Device

tredadda
11-21-2011, 05:46 PM

I am willing to bet you that within 5 years of Brady retiring the luster on Bellichick will wear off. He has benefitted more from his QB than almost anyone.