PDA

View Full Version : Football **** OFFICIAL College Football Week 13 Game Thread ****

DaKCMan AP
11-23-2011, 07:21 AM
All times EST.

Thursday
8:00 #25 Texas at Texas A&M - ESPN

Friday
11:00 Eastern Michigan at Northern Illinois - ESPNU
11:00 Louisville at South Florida - ESPN2
12:00 #8 Houston at Tulsa
12:00 Iowa at #21 Nebraska - ABC
2:30 #3 Arkansas at #1 LSU - CBS
3:30 Colorado at Utah
3:30 Boston College at Miami - ABC
7:00 Pittsburgh at West Virginia - ESPN
7:00 UTEP at UCF
10:15 California at Arizona State - ESPN

Saturday
12:00 Iowa State at #9 Oklahoma - FX
12:00 #13 Georgia at #23 Georgia Tech - ESPN
12:00 #14 Michigan State at Northwestern
12:00 ohio state at #15 Michigan - ABC
12:00 Rutgers at Connecticut - ESPN2
12:00 Cincinnati at Syracuse
12:00 Rice at Southern Methodist
12:21 Tennessee at Kentucky - ESPN3
12:30 Troy at Western Kentucky - ESPN3
12:30 Maryland at NC State - ESPN3
2:00 Wyoming at #7 Boise State
2:00 Nevada at Utah State - ESPN3
3:30 #2 Alabama at #24 Auburn - CBS
3:30 #5 Virginia Tech at Virginia - ABC/ESPN2
3:30 Oregon State at #10 Oregon - ABC/ESPN2
3:30 #19 Penn State at #16 Wisconsin - ESPN
3:30 Purdue at Indiana
3:30 Illinois at Minnesota
3:30 Duke at North Carolina - ESPN3
3:30 Vanderbilt at Wake Forest - ESPNU
3:30 Missouri vs. Kansas
4:00 Louisiana-Lafayette at Arizona
7:00 Texas Tech vs. #18 Baylor
7:00 Florida State at Florida - ESPN2
7:00 Ole Miss at Mississippi State - ESPNU
7:30 Washing State at Washington - Versus
7:45 #17 Clemson at #12 South Carolina - ESPN
8:00 #22 Notre Dame at #6 Stanford - ABC
10:00 UCLA at USC
10:00 SDSU at UNLV
11:00 Tulane at Hawaii - ESPN3

Enjoy the games!

El Jefe
11-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Michigan Week!!!! GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PymIQ3BuNYA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PymIQ3BuNYA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Coogs
11-23-2011, 09:43 AM
A couple of games that should have a lot of interest here at the Planet are both on the FoxSportsNet Saturday night.

Texas Tech vs Baylor RGIII

followed by...

UCLA at USC Barkley

NewChief
11-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Good article about the SEC West situation and the BCS. I don't really feel that UofA should be in the title game, even if we beat LSU, but I'm enjoying the hype.

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-rematch-and-why-is-arkansas-so-disrespected.php

THE REMATCH; AND WHY IS ARKANSAS SO DISRESPECTED?
Published on: November 22, 2011 | Written by: Clay Travis

One of the great flaws of college football is that perception often governs reality. That is, what we think about teams often dictates what they're capable of actually doing. In no other sport does our collective wisdom -- or lack thereof -- matter as much in truly determining a champion. Every other sport settles its champion on the field, court, or rink. Not college football. We decide who we think should play and then let those teams play for the title. So our lazy biases truly matter when it comes to finding a football champion.

In particular, those biases often dictate outcomes.

Which brings me to two biases that have gotten a ton of attention lately. Both are lazy.

First, the national consensus has been that Alabama and LSU shouldn't rematch because the 9-6 game was so boring. Seriously, that's an argument. One of the stupidest arguments that anyone of moderate intelligence could make, but an argument regardless.

Second, Arkansas is the red-headed stepchild of the SEC West's trio. Even ranked number three in the country, no one -- myself included -- has been willing to give the Razorbacks much of a shot at the national title. Even if, mind you, Arkansas wins at LSU. This got me wondering, what if Alabama was in Arkansas's cleats? Would the national opinion be so clear cut on the Razorbacks lack of realistic contention?

Assuming LSU beats Arkansas -- which I think will happen -- some members of the media and the public will go out of their way to find a non-SEC team to slingshot into the title game -- hello Oklahoma State -- so we can avoid the rematch of LSU-Alabama. Most will cite the "boring" nature of the 9-6 game as evidence of why the two teams shouldn't play again. That this idea has taken root in the national consciousness is beyond stupid because it relies on a fault premise -- the idea that Alabama and LSU have bad offenses.

Do you know what point totals LSU and Alabama have averaged against the other ten teams they've played? LSU has averaged 40.8 and Alabama has averaged 38.4. That would place LSU at number 11 and Alabama at number 14 in the country in points per game.

Yep, Alabama and LSU are nearly top ten offenses too.

Even with a 9-6 game on the books LSU and Alabama still have the 14th and 20th best offenses in the country.

Yet the idea has been imprinted in the national consciousness that both teams have bad offenses. Why? Because most of the nation hasn't watched Alabama or LSU play very many games. They just watched one big game and made their decisions based on those results.

Granted, the two teams didn't score very many points against each other. But that's not because the offenses are bad, it's because the defenses are so damn good. How good? Alabama and LSU are the number one and number two scoring defenses in the country. Alabama gives up just 8.36 points per game while LSU gives up 10.0. The next closest team gives up 13 per game. That's an amazing gap. In fact, you can give up 17 points a game, a full touchdown more than either team, and still be a top ten college football defense.

So we're not just talking about good defenses, we're talking about two of the most dominant defenses in college football history.

In particular, Alabama's numbers are staggering. The Crimson Tide has the number one rush defense, pass defense, total defense, scoring defense, and pass efficiency defense. Alabama has also allowed the fewest first downs in the country and has the number one 3rd down defense in the country. Reread that list. Do you really think with a month to prepare for an opponent Alabama is going to allow anyone to score many points against it? Meanwhile LSU has the number four rush defense, number five passing defense, number two total defense, and number two scoring defense. Its pass efficiency is number two in the nation and its first downs allowed is number three.

(For the third and Chavis contingent, it is worth noting that LSU is number 21 on third down defense, the only flaw in an otherwise glittering resume).

How have top ten caliber offenses fared against these two teams?

Oregon, the nation's number three offense averaging 46 points a game, scored just 27 points against LSU. (Seven of which came in garbage time).

Arkansas, the nation's number 13 total offense, has scored 39 points against the rest of the country. It scored 14 against Alabama.

Go look at the defensive stats for yourself.

They're unprecedented.

Neither of these teams is offensively futile, they're just defensively amazing. So, guess what, both of these teams are likely to stifle their opponent in the national title game no matter who it is. Arguing against a rematch because the first game wasn't pretty enough for you is like being upset at an anaconda for slowly strangling its victim to death. It ain't flashy, but the anaconda gets the job done too.

None of this even changes the fact that if this game had ended 31-28 in overtime, the national media and fans would have been ecstatic over the possibility of a rematch. Yet have the same margin in an overtime game with less touchdowns and the game isn't good enough?

The fact that this idea has even taken root is just a testament to how lazy many of our opinions are.

Which brings me to my second point, is Arkansas being penalized for being Arkansas?

Remember when the national consensus was that if Oklahoma beat an undefeated Oklahoma State team it would "slingshot" in to the title game? I do. You could hear that opinion everywhere. So why isn't anyone saying the same about Arkansas? If the Razorbacks went on the road and beat the number one team in the nation, why wouldn't they slingshot in to the title game? Especially when you consider that Arkansas's resume is better than Oklahoma's. Yes, the Razorbacks lost in September to the number one team in the country on the road. But isn't that better than losing to a .500 team at home in October when you were a thirty point favorite?

So why would Oklahoma sling shot in to the title game with a road win over the number two team in the nation, but Arkansas wouldn't with a road win over the number one team in the nation?

Put simply, you can't argue one way and not the other.

Are we guilty of not giving Arkansas credit because, well, they're Arkansas, a team without a legitimate national profile for most of the last thirty years?

I think so.

Think I'm wrong? Put it this way, would the conversation be different if you switched Alabama and Arkansas's resumes?

What if Alabama was going to Baton Rouge Friday? What if Alabama had lost to Arkansas on the road back in September? Would everyone discount Alabama's chances of vaulting in to the title game if it beat the number one team on the road? I don't think so. Yet everyone, myself included, has said that about Arkansas. How much of that has to do with the national perception of the Arkansas program as opposed to the on-field results? If Arkansas beats LSU could we really argue with Arkansas at 1, LSU at 2 and Alabama at 3 in the polls? In a three-way split, where all the teams have beaten all the other teams, logic is out the door. Someone has to be ranked higher than someone else it beat.

Why do we all assume that the lowest ranked team would be Arkansas?

If Arkansas beats LSU on the road here are its top victories: Texas A&M at a neutral site, South Carolina, LSU on the road.

Here are Alabama's top victories: Penn State on the road, Arkansas, Florida?

As a total resume, isn't Arkansas's as good as Alabama's?

Whew, it's pretty damn close.

Are we all guilty of penalizing Arkansas for the past thirty years of Arkansas football? It sure looks like it.

DaKCMan AP
11-23-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't really feel that UofA should be in the title game, even if we beat LSU, but I'm enjoying the hype.

If Arky beats LSU then who should be in the title game?

NewChief
11-23-2011, 11:14 AM
If Arky beats LSU then who should be in the title game?

Not sure, in all honesty. I just feel that we didn't take care of business against Alabama when we should have, so I'm not going to cry about us getting screwed like all the whiners on local talk radio.

If we beat LSU on Friday, I might start complaining. That's a big IF, though.

LiveSteam
11-23-2011, 11:16 AM
I will be rooting for Pig Sue-E. Home or away game for the razor backs ?

NewChief
11-23-2011, 11:22 AM
I will be rooting for Pig Sue-E. Home or away game for the razor backs ?

It's at Death Valley.

We're the lucky team that got to play both 'Bama and LSU on the road this year.

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 11:29 AM
8:00 #22 Notre Dame at #6 Stanford - ABC

Fuck.....we're about to get raped by Luck.

Titty Meat
11-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Iowa-Nebraska should be highlighted.

Saul Good
11-24-2011, 07:52 PM
How in God's name is Texas ranked?

Saulbadguy
11-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Iowa-Nebraska should be highlighted.

lol, no.

Saulbadguy
11-24-2011, 08:18 PM
How in God's name is Texas ranked?

Computers love the Big XII.

tk13
11-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Big 12 refs giving Texas A&M a nice sendoff. Just gave Texas a huge personal foul gift to get them near midfield for one last drive.

LiveSteam
11-24-2011, 10:52 PM
No shit. Refs in the big 12 suck for Texas

tk13
11-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Next 8-10 years of bragging rights in Texas comes down to this kick. No pressure.

Al Bundy
11-24-2011, 10:57 PM
What a shit call.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
11-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Horrible call. But nobody deserves this more than the aggies this year. Sherman and Tannehil can eat the gallons upon gallons of cum that Mack Brown has been unloading in my asshole for the last decade

Al Bundy
11-24-2011, 11:00 PM
The Big 12 did what they had to do... you knew they were going to call a penalty in that final drive to give Texas a chance. That ref that called that penalty has Texas tickets for life. Chickenshit pussy. I hope he DIAF!

Saulbadguy
11-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Great game. Die in a bonfire, aggy.

kstater
11-25-2011, 06:37 AM
People are arguing this isn't helmet to helmet?

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2z4znte.jpg

LiveSteam
11-25-2011, 09:36 AM
People are arguing this isn't helmet to helmet?

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2z4znte.jpg

That is a cheap ass fucking call. Could the refs suck a lil more Texas dick

LoneWolf
11-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Here's hoping that Arkansas beats LSU, Auburn beats Alabama, and Virginia beats Virginia Tech. Then all the BCS slurpers can STFU.

NewChief
11-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Here's hoping that Arkansas beats LSU, Auburn beats Alabama, and Virginia beats Virginia Tech. Then all the BCS slurpers can STFU.

Sounds good to me. That should land the Hogs in the title game. o:-)

Woo Pig Sooie!

tk13
11-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Time for LSU/Arkansas. No pressure here.

tk13
11-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Arkansas strikes first. They're already doing better than Alabama did on offense.

tk13
11-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Make that 14-0 Arkansas.

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Helmet on the ball. Nice play/tackle

SCTrojan
11-25-2011, 02:34 PM
One of the great flaws of college football is that perception often governs reality. That is, what we think about teams often dictates what they're capable of actually doing. In no other sport does our collective wisdom -- or lack thereof -- matter as much in truly determining a champion. Every other sport settles its champion on the field, court, or rink. Not college football. We decide who we think should play and then let those teams play for the title. So our lazy biases truly matter when it comes to finding a football champion.

In particular, those biases often dictate outcomes.

Which brings me to two biases that have gotten a ton of attention lately. Both are lazy.

First, the national consensus has been that Alabama and LSU shouldn't rematch because the 9-6 game was so boring. Seriously, that's an argument. One of the stupidest arguments that anyone of moderate intelligence could make, but an argument regardless.

I don't know what national consensus this guy is referring to. But I haven't heard a whole lot of sentiment against an LSU / Bama rematch. Especially since Oklahoma State and Oregon lost last week. Quite the opposite, in fact.

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2011, 02:42 PM
LSU should not have been given the 1st down on that fumble.

LiveSteam
11-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Cant drop those 3rd down passes ,piggies

LiveSteam
11-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Cant drop those 3rd down passes ,piggies

Ya cant do that either Piggies. :banghead:

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2011, 02:53 PM
LSU finally decided to play

NewChief
11-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Painful.

LiveSteam
11-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Painful.

It aint over yet.
I still think the Hogs get this one

LiveSteam
11-25-2011, 03:07 PM
It aint over yet.
I still think the Hogs get this one

:sulk:

tk13
11-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Well the "bring in the pistol QB" trick didn't work.

RustShack
11-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I noticed Iowa State-Oklahoma isn't highlighted?

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7sgT6I5kO54&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7sgT6I5kO54&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

NewChief
11-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Well the "bring in the pistol QB" trick didn't work.

Yeah. Not happy about that.

OnTheWarpath15
11-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Hogs started well, but LSU is just running away with it.

NewChief
11-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Hogs started well, but LSU is just running away with it.

They're just too big and physical.

OnTheWarpath15
11-25-2011, 04:43 PM
They're just too big and physical.

178 yards rushing in the 2nd half - and there's 10:00 left in the 4th quarter.

Unreal.

NewChief
11-25-2011, 04:48 PM
178 yards rushing in the 2nd half - and there's 10:00 left in the 4th quarter.

Unreal.

They've completely worn down our lines on both sides of the ball. Just painful to see us fall apart.

Bob Dole
11-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Honey Badger just doesn't care. He don't give a shit.

Sassy Squatch
11-25-2011, 04:59 PM
LSU just don't give a shit.

Sassy Squatch
11-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Honey Badger just doesn't care. He don't give a shit.
Dammit Dole...

Reaper16
11-25-2011, 05:03 PM
The difference between LSU & Alabama and the rest of the country is stark.

tk13
11-25-2011, 05:06 PM
I think Alabama was actually the biggest winner of the day. Hard to make a case they aren't #2. Only thing that could stop them is some kind of Big 12 or anti-SEC bias in the polls and computers.

Spott
11-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Damn, outscored the #3 team in the nation 41-3 in the last 3 quarters of play. With their SOS I doubt they'd fall from #1 if they somehow lost to Georgia next week.

notorious
11-25-2011, 06:08 PM
What isn't cool is that Bama gets an automatic bid to the NC game while LSU has to earn it's way in even though they beat Bama.

Georgia is playing really well right now, too.

Bullshit.

Reaper16
11-25-2011, 06:33 PM
What isn't cool is that Bama gets an automatic bid to the NC game while LSU has to earn it's way in even though they beat Bama.

Bullshit.
I hate how we have a system where a fanbase can be upset about getting an opportunity to win their conference. LSU fans should be stoked about being able to win the SEC, but instead the system we have places so much importance on the BCS championship game that a conference title game is seen as a hindrance rather than an honor.

kstater
11-25-2011, 06:35 PM
The way I see it, Arkansas should drop below K-State. Both teams lost to 2 top 10 teams. K-State lost one close one and got routed in the second. Arkansas got routed in both.

KC_Connection
11-25-2011, 07:19 PM
It's LSU/Alabama and then everyone else. Has been the entire season.

Titty Meat
11-25-2011, 07:25 PM
The way I see it, Arkansas should drop below K-State. Both teams lost to 2 top 10 teams. K-State lost one close one and got routed in the second. Arkansas got routed in both.

Arkansas would beat K-State by 3 scores.

kstater
11-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Arkansas would beat K-State by 3 scores.

That keeps being said about the Cats, it doesn't keep happening though.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-25-2011, 07:41 PM
I guess they beat the Nubs by 4 plus scores then.

Titty Meat
11-25-2011, 07:48 PM
I guess they beat the Nubs by 4 plus scores then.

Both teams would beat K-State

Saul Good
11-25-2011, 07:52 PM

Bullshit.

LSU is in the title game either way.

DaKCMan AP
11-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Off to Gainesville... hope we don't get blown out.

Coogs
11-26-2011, 10:35 AM
A couple of games that should have a lot of interest here at the Planet are both on the FoxSportsNet Saturday night.

Texas Tech vs Baylor RGIII

followed by...

UCLA at USC Barkley

Just bringing this back up... since they are not shown in the OP as being on TV. They are on... on the FoxSportsNet over much of the nation in back to back games tonight.

rockymtnchief
11-26-2011, 11:31 AM
GO BLUE!!!

7-7 mid 1st qtr

BucEyedPea
11-26-2011, 01:57 PM
All times EST.
7:00 Florida State at Florida - ESPN2

Enjoy the games!

Pound those blue and orange gators—Go Noles!

LiveSteam
11-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Mich just punched its ticket to a BCS game.
Way to go Botard. 4 fucking years of fail

tk13
11-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Ohio State just had about an 75 yard TD pass that would've gone to the house for the win, and the QB overthrew the WR.

Al Bundy
11-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Well DaKCMan.... you might be seeing that blowout.

Titty Meat
11-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Mich just punched its ticket to a BCS game.
Way to go Botard. 4 ****ing years of fail

4 years of 9+ wins after taking over a 5-7 team.

chiefs1111
11-26-2011, 07:01 PM
a pile of poop could play better at QB then John Brantley

Al Bundy
11-26-2011, 07:18 PM
@PeteThamelNYT Akron Coach Rob Ianello got the call he was fired while driving to NY for his mother's funeral

Damn... what a crappy way to find out you have been let go.

chiefs1111
11-26-2011, 07:20 PM
@PeteThamelNYT Akron Coach Rob Ianello got the call he was fired while driving to NY for his mother's funeral

Wow that sucks

-King-
11-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Defenses decided not to take part in the Texas Tech/Baylor game.

Titty Meat
11-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Lol @ Notre Dame

Titty Meat
11-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Luck hasn't looked as great lately :(

Mr_Tomahawk
11-26-2011, 08:07 PM

Damn. :(

NewChief
11-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Notes Dame offense is the picture of ineptitude. Pathetic.

Titty Meat
11-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Notre Dame is fucking awful.

NewChief
11-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Stanford and ND look like the freaking keystone cops out there. These are both top 25 teams?

Al Bundy
11-26-2011, 08:31 PM
RG3 got knocked out for the second half of the game on a cheap shot by Texas Tech.

KC_Connection
11-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Notre Dame is awful.

tk13
11-26-2011, 08:37 PM
I missed that. Did Musburger just say poop on the air?

Predarat
11-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Good article about the SEC West situation and the BCS. I don't really feel that UofA should be in the title game, even if we beat LSU, but I'm enjoying the hype.

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-rematch-and-why-is-arkansas-so-disrespected.php

THE REMATCH; AND WHY IS ARKANSAS SO DISRESPECTED?
Published on: November 22, 2011 | Written by: Clay Travis

Thats a great website for NCAA football, especially the SEC. The writer is a local radio host of a popular sports talk show that just got moved up to drive time.

Saulbadguy
11-26-2011, 08:39 PM
I missed that. Did Musburger just say poop on the air?
No, Dan Fouts did.

tk13
11-26-2011, 09:08 PM
No, Dan Fouts did.

Last game of the season, they're pulling out all the stops.

Bowser
11-26-2011, 09:10 PM
I want to shoot that South Carolina rooster they keep blaring over the stadium.

NewChief
11-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Because I'm sure that everyone cares who NewChief roots for:

If LSU DOES make it into the NC game, I have decided that I will break SEC solidarity rules (at the risk of having my head and limbs severed and buried deep in ACC country), and root against them. My dislike for LSU, their program, and their fans has reached that level.

Reaper16
11-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Because I'm sure that everyone cares who NewChief roots for:

If LSU DOES make it into the NC game, I have decided that I will break SEC solidarity rules (at the risk of having my head and limbs severed and buried deep in ACC country), and root against them. My dislike for LSU, their program, and their fans has reached that level.
You won't be breaking SEC solidarity because you'd then be rooting for Alabama.

Setsuna
11-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Florida is the new Kentucky. Yes! I'm dead inside.

NewChief
11-26-2011, 09:16 PM
You won't be breaking SEC solidarity because you'd then be rooting for Alabama.

Good point.

Spott
11-26-2011, 09:27 PM
All I heard this offseason from the locals is how great Charlie Weis was gonna make the Gators offense. I lawled.