PDA

View Full Version : Music WTT: Sprint Center (11/29).

Micjones
11-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Who's going?

Fish
11-23-2011, 11:48 AM
World Team Tennis?

durtyrute
11-23-2011, 11:57 AM
I used to be one of Jay's biggest fans and Kanye was high on my list too. Now, I can't do it anymore. Too much craziness in mainstream music these days.

Micjones
11-23-2011, 12:00 PM
I used to be one of Jay's biggest fans and Kanye was high on my list too. Now, I can't do it anymore. Too much craziness in mainstream music these days.

:shake:

Micjones
11-23-2011, 12:00 PM
World Team Tennis?

As if!

Welsh Tango Tournament.

CHENZ A!
11-23-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm going. I'm a big fan of Jay, but Kanye is one of my favorite artists of all time. My friend lives in Boston and went to the show out there on Monday, she said it was great.

Micjones
11-23-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm going. I'm a big fan of Jay, but Kanye is one of my favorite artists of all time. My friend lives in Boston and went to the show out there on Monday, she said it was great.

I can't wait. Jay-Z's easily my all-time favorite emcee.
Kanye and I have been at odds since 808's.
But I was formely a huge KW fan as well.

CHENZ A!
11-23-2011, 12:47 PM
I took 808's for what it was you know? It was more like a side project or something that he wanted to do. It's not my favorite album, but there are several tracks that were keepers IMO. I think that album also showed some vulnerability and was self deprecating at times. That's one reason why I like Ye so much, as cocky and braggadocious as he is most of the time, he shows his human side. He's one creative dude, love him or hate him.

Reaper16
11-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Love both Hov and Yeezy. Hate Watch the Throne.

Predarat
11-23-2011, 12:53 PM
if those idiots were in Nashvile I would definately not go. Jay is not bad but cain west needs to go to hell.

Rasputin
11-23-2011, 01:17 PM
As if!

Welsh Tango Tournament.

Will Cash be there?

Micjones
11-23-2011, 01:22 PM
I took 808's for what it was you know? It was more like a side project or something that he wanted to do. It's not my favorite album, but there are several tracks that were keepers IMO. I think that album also showed some vulnerability and was self deprecating at times. That's one reason why I like Ye so much, as cocky and braggadocious as he is most of the time, he shows his human side. He's one creative dude, love him or hate him.

He's as creative as they come.

I'm all for an artist exploring other aspects of their creative selves. I just think if you wanna sing be courageous enough to represent your OWN voice. It's hard for me to commend that expression when it's pitch-corrected. It's safe. Creativity is beautiful because it confronts the very real possibility of failure. There's no challenge in committing an artifical, manipulated vocal to tape.

Micjones
11-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Love both Hov and Yeezy. Hate Watch the Throne.

WHAT?

CHENZ A!
11-23-2011, 01:36 PM
He's as creative as they come.

I'm all for an artist exploring other aspects of their creative selves. I just think if you wanna sing be courageous enough to represent your OWN voice. It's hard for me to commend that expression when it's pitch-corrected. It's safe. Creativity is beautiful because it confronts the very real possibility of failure. There's no challenge in committing an artifical, manipulated vocal to tape.

I agree for the most part. Maybe I give him a little more slack on it because it was so outside the box, and he did it all himself. It's not like he was Britney Spears or something with people telling him what and how to sing, and producing it for him. They were his ideas.

CHENZ A!
11-23-2011, 01:40 PM
I also think that autotune, while extremely overused at the moment, does have a place in music. I will rock the shit out of some Zapp and Roger!

RealSNR
11-23-2011, 01:40 PM
The T and F keys are really close to each other. I think he just mistyped WTF

Micjones
11-23-2011, 01:45 PM
I agree for the most part. Maybe I give him a little more slack on it because it was so outside the box, and he did it all himself. It's not like he was Britney Spears or something with people telling him what and how to sing, and producing it for him. They were his ideas.

They were his own creative ideas.
I just wish he'd been willing to truly expose himself artistically. Andre 3000 did that and I respected that artistic courage.

Titty Meat
11-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Get me a ticket Reach.

THAT SHIT CRAY!

CHENZ A!
11-23-2011, 02:15 PM
They were his own creative ideas.
I just wish he'd been willing to truly expose himself artistically. Andre 3000 did that and I respected that artistic courage.

I hear you.. I listened to The Love Below maybe 2x, Speakerboxx like 10,000x. I just couldn't get into it, and I am a big fan of 3 stacks.

Titty Meat
11-23-2011, 02:16 PM
I saw Jay-z 2003 at the Roc The Mic tour. I suspect this concert won't be as good because the new jigga is pretty watered down.

Micjones
11-23-2011, 02:33 PM
I also think that autotune, while extremely overused at the moment, does have a place in music. I will rock the shit out of some Zapp and Roger!

AutoTune didn't exist in Troutman's day.
He used the Talkbox (thanks largely to Stevie Wonder encouraging him to do so). Infinitely different. Talkbox requires effort on the user's part.

CHENZ A!
11-23-2011, 03:23 PM
AutoTune didn't exist in Troutman's day.
He used the Talkbox (thanks largely to Stevie Wonder encouraging him to do so). Infinitely different. Talkbox requires effort on the user's part.

Very cool.. Stevie was the best concert I've ever been to btw. Actually saw you open for Kweli the night before(the day MJ died).

Reaper16
11-23-2011, 03:29 PM
WHAT?
The songs just bore me. Lyrically, they're incredibly dull (but I tend to dislike success bars). But its the song structures that bore me, Jay's lazy flow that bores me, and I especially dislike the beats on the album. The whole album is so rote to me. I kept "Murder to Excellence" and "Who Gon Stop Me" on my iPod and that's it.