PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Claiming Kyle Orton: Approve or Disapprove?

Pages : [1] 2

DaFace
11-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Pretty simple poll. Have at it.

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 03:31 PM
In before the poll.

Rain Man
11-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Approve. If you have a chance to upgrade your roster, you do it. Is Orton better than the third QB on our roster? Here's a hint: we don't have a third QB on our roster.

tooge
11-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I see no poll, but it's easy to answer. I approve completely. Orton is no better than Cassel. In fact, he may be worse. Since it sounds like we will get a compensatory pick for him in the 2012 draft however, it is a no brainer. I don't care if they even suit him up. A pick is a pick.

BoneKrusher
11-23-2011, 03:32 PM
approve.

he's an improvement over Cassel, so i'm happy with the move.

rageeumr
11-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Strongly approve. It's not my money, and I don't think Stanzi's the future. Even if he is, it's not likely he will be harmed by holding a clipboard for another 6 games.

Bugeater
11-23-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm not crazy about it, but it has to be better than watching Palko the rest of the year.

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 03:35 PM
I see no poll, but it's easy to answer. I approve completely. Orton is no better than Cassel. In fact, he may be worse. Since it sounds like we will get a compensatory pick for him in the 2012 draft however, it is a no brainer. I don't care if they even suit him up. A pick is a pick.

Are you fucking high? Orton is a million times better than Cassel.

tooge
11-23-2011, 03:35 PM
i'm more interested in a poll asking who has the better neck beard, Haley or Orton. How do we make that poll?

Lumpy
11-23-2011, 03:36 PM
I take it the Gaz option stands for meh? If so, I vote Gaz.

lcarus
11-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Great, now we have TWO QBs with very hate-inducing, punchable faces. I would just like to put that head on a juicer and watch it disintegrate into nothingness.

pr_capone
11-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Super Duper approve.

Worst case scenario he is gone is 6 weeks and we get a compensation draft pick.

Win fucking Win

KurtCobain
11-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm pretty meh too. Atleast the bears dont have a qb now, so that was good planning for that game.
Posted via Mobile Device

lewdog
11-23-2011, 03:42 PM
If he plays well and keeps the Chiefs competitive in these games, it shows dbag Cassel is worthless. We don't resign Orton and get a draft pick. We still draft a first round QB. Anything to get Cassel the fuck out of here I am all for.

KurtCobain
11-23-2011, 03:49 PM
and i dont much care for how the gaz option was handled in this poll.
Posted via Mobile Device

durtyrute
11-23-2011, 03:53 PM
There has to be more to picking him up than trying to "salvage the season"

Bugeater
11-23-2011, 03:55 PM
i'm more interested in a poll asking who has the better neck beard, Haley or Orton. How do we make that poll?

<form action="poll.php?do=pollvote&pollid=10285" method="post"> <input name="s" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="securitytoken" value="1322084991-7a4a941701ad6df050d19df45e2661d63f5f5d5b" type="hidden"> <input name="do" value="pollvote" type="hidden"> <input name="pollid" value="10285" type="hidden"> <table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="tcat"> Poll: Who has the better neck beard? </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="panelsurround" align="center"> Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
<fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Poll Options</legend> Who has the better neck beard?
<label for="rb_optionnumber_1"><input name="optionnumber" value="1" id="rb_optionnumber_1" type="radio">Haley</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_2"><input name="optionnumber" value="2" id="rb_optionnumber_2" type="radio">Orton</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_3"><input name="optionnumber" value="3" id="rb_optionnumber_3" type="radio">Gaz</label>

</fieldset> View Poll Results (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=10285) <input class="button" value="Vote Now" type="submit">

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </form>

Red Brooklyn
11-23-2011, 03:55 PM
There has to be more to picking him up than trying to "salvage the season"
I guess, I approve of this because I agree. Now, if I'm wrong and Hamas and Warpath and everyone are right, then I think this is completely stupid.

But there has to be more to it. And I see a lot of possible upsides to this kind of move. Time will tell. But I haven't been as absolutely unhappy with everything Pioli has done so far as others have.

I'll trust this until given a reason to thin otherwise.

Rasputin
11-23-2011, 04:02 PM
The idea should be draft a QB to get long term success & open the window of oppertunity to win a Super Bowl or find dynasty Super Bowl success. Taking that chance or risk is something Chiefs and Chief fan base is just to scared to do. Got to play the kid to find out. Again this is the way and life of Chiefs kingdom.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1fuDDqU6n4o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1fuDDqU6n4o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

griZZly64
11-23-2011, 04:03 PM
I STRONGLY approve. This dude can throw the ball down field... You guys always complain about Cassel hittin the checkdown... Orton has no conscious. He'll chuck that shit to Bowe and Baldwin. Plus it'll create a TRUE QB controversy.. Unlike that fake one you Stanzi lovers pray for.

KurtCobain
11-23-2011, 04:04 PM
how the fuck did bug do what he did in this thread?
Posted via Mobile Device

burt
11-23-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm not crazy about it, but it has to be better than watching Palko the rest of the year.

this

Sassy Squatch
11-23-2011, 04:06 PM
<form action="poll.php?do=pollvote&pollid=10285" method="post"> <input name="s" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="securitytoken" value="1322084991-7a4a941701ad6df050d19df45e2661d63f5f5d5b" type="hidden"> <input name="do" value="pollvote" type="hidden"> <input name="pollid" value="10285" type="hidden"> <table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="tcat"> Poll: Who has the better neck beard? </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="panelsurround" align="center"> Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
<fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Poll Options</legend> Who has the better neck beard?
<label for="rb_optionnumber_1"><input name="optionnumber" value="1" id="rb_optionnumber_1" type="radio">Haley</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_2"><input name="optionnumber" value="2" id="rb_optionnumber_2" type="radio">Orton</label>
<label for="rb_optionnumber_3"><input name="optionnumber" value="3" id="rb_optionnumber_3" type="radio">Gaz</label>

</fieldset> View Poll Results (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=10285) <input class="button" value="Vote Now" type="submit">

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </form>
http://www.ragemaker.net/images/Surprised%20-%20Amazed/notbadobama.png

kcxiv
I dont really care all that much, but i put strongly dissaprove. I just put that because i am really really starting to hate Pioli more and more.

Marcellus
Who cares, it's like debating the merit of a shit sandwich with or without crust.

We didn't give up any draft picks just a little $. I don't really care.

If we still stink it up Stanzi can still get a shot the last 3 weeks or so.

burt
11-23-2011, 04:07 PM
I STRONGLY approve. This dude can throw the ball down field... You guys always complain about Cassel hittin the checkdown... Orton has no conscious. He'll chuck that shit to Bowe and Baldwin. Plus it'll create a TRUE QB controversy.. Unlike that fake one you Stanzi lovers pray for.

and hopefully this

blaise
11-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Apathetic and sad.

Lumpy
11-23-2011, 04:08 PM
how the fuck did bug do what he did in this thread?
Posted via Mobile Device

He revised the html code. That Bugeater sure is a sneaky feller.

blaise
11-23-2011, 04:09 PM

A TRUE QB controversy? Is this a joke or something, I can't tell.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2011, 04:13 PM
veteran QB that we should of picked up in free agency.

In last year of contract so it's meaningless long term unless he plays and explodes

another chance to see if "it's all a cassel problem" or not

where's the downside? (unless of course you are wearing a tinfoil hat and are just looking for a downside)

i don't think this means anything about Stanzi either

approve

Marcellus
11-23-2011, 04:14 PM
He throws about as well left handed as Palko does so I am ok with it.

suds79
11-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Like the move. Orton isn't elite and we should still draft a QB 1st next year but he's a big step up over anybody on the roster.

We would have had much more success had we signed Orton instead of traded for Cassel a few years back.

Red Beans
11-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Who cares, it's like debating the merit of a shit sandwich with or without crust.

We didn't give up any draft picks just a little $. I don't really care.

If we still stink it up Stanzi can still get a shot the last 3 weeks or so.

You get more fiber with the crust, and then have the ability to produce more shit sandwiches...

Reerun_KC
11-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Well proves that palko and stanzi.are junk... .we need 3qbs this off season.

BoneKrusher
11-23-2011, 04:42 PM
We would have had much more success had we signed Orton instead of traded for Cassel a few years back.

thats exactly how i see it as well.

we have WR's on our roster now as well, cant say that for the Donks.

Hydrae
11-23-2011, 04:44 PM
I am interested to see how Orton works as a play-action QB. He has a nice deep ball and we are a run first team. I can see this working.

JD10367
11-23-2011, 04:46 PM
So let me get this straight... Orton couldn't hold onto his job as a starter in Chicago, so they banished him to Denver. He then couldn't hold onto his job as a starter in Denver, being replaced by a guy who can barely throw the ball and who many on CP claim is the worst "starting QB imposter" in NFL history. The Chiefs then pick up said loser off waivers, having to pay the rest of his salary IIRC, when they barely know what Palko can do and have absolutely no idea what Stanzi can do. Hell, I'm not even a Chiefs fan, and I chose "strongly disapprove". I thought Orton going back to Chicago made sense, because there's a familiarity and they're a strong playoff contender in good shape in the standings; for KC, it makes absolutely no sense IMO.

BoneKrusher
11-23-2011, 04:47 PM
I am interested to see how Orton works as a play-action QB. He has a nice deep ball and we are a run first team. I can see this working.

same here.
we had a deep threat but didnt have a QB that could throw deep. (Stanzi could have but he was never active till Monday)

FAX
11-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Under the circumstances, I like the decision.

I noted with some interest that Haley was very upbeat in his press conference today (conducted prior to the public announcement). Lately, he's been stoic ... almost surly. Today, his demeanor was very different.

I continue to believe that he grew to despise Cassel and has been looking forward to seeing some changes made at the QB position. No doubt, this is one of the reasons we drafted Stanzi and picked up Orton as a stopgap.

I counsel continued patience and faith, my friends.

FAX

DaFace
11-23-2011, 04:48 PM
So let me get this straight... Orton couldn't hold onto his job as a starter in Chicago, so they banished him to Denver. He then couldn't hold onto his job as a starter in Denver, being replaced by a guy who can barely throw the ball and who many on CP claim is the worst "starting QB imposter" in NFL history. The Chiefs then pick up said loser off waivers, having to pay the rest of his salary IIRC, when they barely know what Palko can do and have absolutely no idea what Stanzi can do. Hell, I'm not even a Chiefs fan, and I chose "strongly disapprove". I thought Orton going back to Chicago made sense, because there's a familiarity and they're a strong playoff contender in good shape in the standings; for KC, it makes absolutely no sense IMO.

Palko's clearly awful, and the FO has made it pretty clear they're not starting Stanzi this year. Orton means we get to watch 6 weeks of mildly bearable football for the remainder of the season at least.

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 04:49 PM

I know it's going to be tough because he's not familiar with the city but I think he'll be ok because he's played at Arrowhead before.

FAX
11-23-2011, 04:49 PM

Might I suggest a visit to the testicle thread, Mr. JD10367?

FAX

SenselessChiefsFan
11-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Under the circumstances, I like the decision.

I noted with some interest that Haley was very upbeat in his press conference today (conducted prior to the public announcement). Lately, he's been stoic ... almost surly. Today, his demeanor was very different.

I continue to believe that he grew to despise Cassel and has been looking forward to seeing some changes made at the QB position. No doubt, this is one of the reasons we drafted Stanzi and picked up Orton as a stopgap.

I counsel continued patience and faith, my friends.

FAX

Haley may, in fact, hate Cassel. The reality is that these are all people and we all work with certain people better that others.

But, I think that is more of a comment on Haley than Cassel. Because from the outside, it looks like Haley can't get along with decent offensive coaches.

Having a problem with a QB that Josh McDaniels coveted after working with him for three years in NE, may be an indication that Haley is not the easiest guy to get along with.

If Haley does hate Cassel, then Cassel needs to go. The debate over whether he is average or not is moot if Haley doesn't like or trust him.

Fritz88
11-23-2011, 04:53 PM
I honestly believe that Pioli is NOT going to draft a qb in the first round. Not anytime soon with Casshole here. I would rather have a slightly better Cassel than Cassel.

bevischief
11-23-2011, 04:54 PM
New OC. Different system.

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 05:01 PM
New OC. Different system.

Let me just inform you that JD thinks that Orton would have been fine in Chicago because he has familiarity with the stadium, the city and some of the players.

JD10367
11-23-2011, 05:04 PM
I know it's going to be tough because he's not familiar with the city but I think he'll be ok because he's played at Arrowhead before.

Might I suggest a visit to the testicle thread, Mr. JD10367?

FAX

Spending that cash to sign Kyle Orton is like being stabbed 25 times and, as first aid, applying a used Kotex on the wound. Knock yourself out if you think Orton's "the answer". The friggin' Broncos are probably laughing their asses off that someone actually claimed him and saved them the payroll money. Considering how most of you were screaming about Cassel and the inability of the Chiefs to draft a franchise QB and how they weren't giving Stanzi a chance, I'm shocked any of you think Neckbeard is a good move.

Matt Cassel, Career: Completion Rate of 59%, TD/INT ratio of 1.69:1 (76 TDs, 45 INTs), and a Career QB rating of 82.5.

Kyle Orton, Career: Completion Rate of 58%, TD/INT ratio of 1.44:1 (79 TDs, 55 INTs), and a Career QB rating of 79.

Congratulations. You just got worse.

DaFace
11-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Spending that cash to sign Kyle Orton is like being stabbed 25 times and, as first aid, applying a used Kotex on the wound. Knock yourself out if you think Orton's "the answer". The friggin' Broncos are probably laughing their asses off that someone actually claimed him and saved them the payroll money. Considering how most of you were screaming about Cassel and the inability of the Chiefs to draft a franchise QB and how they weren't giving Stanzi a chance, I'm shocked any of you think Neckbeard is a good move.

Matt Cassel, Career: Completion Rate of 59%, TD/INT ratio of 1.69:1 (76 TDs, 45 INTs), and a Career QB rating of 82.5.

Kyle Orton, Career: Completion Rate of 58%, TD/INT ratio of 1.44:1 (79 TDs, 55 INTs), and a Career QB rating of 79.

You realize that Cassel is on IR, right?

FAX
11-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Haley may, in fact, hate Cassel. The reality is that these are all people and we all work with certain people better that others.

But, I think that is more of a comment on Haley than Cassel. Because from the outside, it looks like Haley can't get along with decent offensive coaches.

Having a problem with a QB that Josh McDaniels coveted after working with him for three years in NE, may be an indication that Haley is not the easiest guy to get along with.

If Haley does hate Cassel, then Cassel needs to go. The debate over whether he is average or not is moot if Haley doesn't like or trust him.

That whole deal about "Haley can't work with anyone!!! Haley can't get along with other people!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!! He's a Honey Badger Man!!!" is a myth and a bunch of baloney. And stupid, to boot.

Haley has gotten along with people all of his life. He's had years of experience along side some excellent coaches and rose through the ranks by working his ass off, making intelligent decisions, and ... wait for it ... getting along with people.

You seem like an intelligent person, Mr. SensibleChiefsfan. Please don't allow yourself to be swayed by the morons who simply parrot the likes of Nick Wright and that super dumbass that gave Mr. Phobia $500 and sucked into their bitching like a blue-Hair "My oatmeal is cold!!!" nursing home ways.

FAX

Chief_For_Life58
PLEASE CAN WE START A PETITION TO FIRE HALEY???

JD10367
Let me just inform you that JD thinks that Orton would have been fine in Chicago because he has familiarity with the stadium, the city and some of the players.

Let me just inform you that you're too fucking stupid to understand that, yes, a player who has actually played in a stadium before, for a team before, in a city before, with some of the players before, might actually have a slim fucking advantage over someone who hasn't. Why that obvious bit of common sense is eluding you, I don't know. Why you're choosing to be a giant dickmunch douchebag over it, I also don't know, but whatever gets you off.

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Let me just inform you that you're too fucking stupid to understand that, yes, a player who has actually played in a stadium before, for a team before, in a city before, with some of the players before, might actually have a slim fucking advantage over someone who hasn't. Why that obvious bit of common sense is eluding you, I don't know. Why you're choosing to be a giant dickmunch douchebag over it, I also don't know, but whatever gets you off.

LMAO

FAX
11-23-2011, 05:08 PM

ROFL

I don't think they believe that Orton is our savior or quarterback of the future or some kind of franchise guy as you appear to imply.

Nevertheless, this is a good move on several levels.

FAX

bevischief
11-23-2011, 05:09 PM

ROFL

burt
11-23-2011, 05:09 PM
PLEASE CAN WE START A PETITION TO FIRE HALEY???

yeah.....I bet that would be effective.......

burt
11-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Let me just inform you that you're too ****ing stupid to understand that, yes, a player who has actually played in a stadium before, for a team before, in a city before, with some of the players before, might actually have a slim ****ing advantage over someone who hasn't. Why that obvious bit of common sense is eluding you, I don't know. Why you're choosing to be a giant dickmunch douchebag over it, I also don't know, but whatever gets you off.

JD needs less caffiene

FAX
11-23-2011, 05:10 PM
By the way, if you're going to evaluate Cassel on the basis of stats, you can have him. He's yours. He belongs to you, now. Take him. Good luck. May God be with you. I'll pay for the bus fare.

FAX

burt
11-23-2011, 05:11 PM
By the way, if you're going to evaluate Cassel on the basis of stats, you can have him. He's yours. He belongs to you, now. Take him. Good luck. May God be with you. I'll pay for the bus fare.

FAX

Put him on your shelf next to Grbac.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-23-2011, 05:12 PM
That whole deal about "Haley can't work with anyone!!! Haley can't get along with other people!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!! He's a Honey Badger Man!!!" is a myth and a bunch of baloney. And stupid, to boot.

Haley has gotten along with people all of his life. He's had years of experience along side some excellent coaches and rose through the ranks by working his ass off, making intelligent decisions, and ... wait for it ... getting along with people.

You seem like an intelligent person, Mr. SensibleChiefsfan. Please don't allow yourself to be swayed by the morons who simply parrot the likes of Nick Wright and that super dumbass that gave Mr. Phobia $500 and sucked into their bitching like a blue-Hair "My oatmeal is cold!!!" nursing home ways.

FAX

Well, I don't listen to Nick Wright.

I do look at this:

Haley fired Gailey. Okay, bad fit.... gets pass.

Then, he is the defacto OC. Bad offensive year.

Then, you get to the second year, he gets Weis.

Now, maybe Weis didn't leave due to differences with Haley. But, it certainly seemed like there was some differences there.

But, then you have this year.... and he has Muir as OC?... and once again, the offensive sucks and Cassel looks lost.

bevischief
11-23-2011, 05:13 PM

Most of us agree that he is only a stopgap, he can't be much worse than what is on the roster and starting at the moment. Why retard Stanzi at this point, he hasn't had a full off-season and time with the coaching to see his full potential.

JD10367
11-23-2011, 05:14 PM
ROFL

I don't think they believe that Orton is our savior or quarterback of the future or some kind of franchise guy as you appear to imply.

Nevertheless, this is a good move on several levels.

FAX

Almost everyone hated Cassel and wanted him gone, replaced by anybody.

Well, the Chiefs just blew $2.5 million (the remainder of Orton's salary) for 6 games of someone who is actually statistically worse than Cassel.

Good move.

They could've just let Palko start another game or two, and then saw what Stanzi had, and spent the $2.5 million on beer and Doritos.

FAX
11-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Well, I don't listen to Nick Wright.

I do look at this:

Haley fired Gailey. Okay, bad fit.... gets pass.

Then, he is the defacto OC. Bad offensive year.

Then, you get to the second year, he gets Weis.

Now, maybe Weis didn't leave due to differences with Haley. But, it certainly seemed like there was some differences there.

But, then you have this year.... and he has Muir as OC?... and once again, the offensive sucks and Cassel looks lost.

Cassel looks lost? Hmmm. I wonder why that might be ??? ... ???

What a puzzler ... a real head-scratcher, right there, man.

I wonder if we'll ever figure out why Cassel looks lost?

FAX

burt
11-23-2011, 05:15 PM
and Cassel looks lost.

Cassel would look lost at Oak Park Mall.

The Franchise
Best case scenario.

Orton shows that this offense isn't fucking retarded. Pioli and Haley realize that Cassel is garbage and he's let go this offseason. Pioli then drafts our QBoTF in the 1st round of the draft. Orton is signed to a 2-3 year deal. Orton and rookie QB compete in TC and preseason to the be the starter.

FAX

Well, the Chiefs just blew $2.5 million (the remainder of Orton's salary) for 6 games of someone who is actually statistically worse than Cassel.

Good move.

They could've just let Palko start another game or two, and then saw what Stanzi had, and spent the $2.5 million on beer and Doritos.

There are several good reasons to bring on a veteran quarterback under these circumstances.

And Stanzi will get his opportunity, fear not.

FAX

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 05:16 PM

Good move.

Why are you on this site again? Patriot Planet not want you?

COchief
11-23-2011, 05:17 PM
This sucks, all he is going to do is win a crap fest or two which will knock us down in the draft out of contention for a QB.

The only way I like this is if it means Cassel is gone and we still draft a 1st round QB next year.

burt
11-23-2011, 05:17 PM
There are several good reasons to bring on a veteran quarterback under these circumstances.

And Stanzi will get his opportunity, fear not.

FAX

after the way we have played so far.....what more can we fear?

suds79
11-23-2011, 05:18 PM
This sucks, all he is going to do is win a crap fest or two which will knock us down in the draft out of contention for a QB.

The only way I like this is if it means Cassel is gone and we still draft a 1st round QB next year.

I don't see that happening. Say we win a couple more games.

Barkley could still be there and if he's not, move up the few spots to get him if you really like him.

RG3 will be there.

BoneKrusher
11-23-2011, 05:19 PM
after the way we have played so far.....what more can we fear?

Exactly :thumb:

burt
11-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Exactly :thumb:

When the sky is falling, get a stronger umberella.......

okcchief
11-23-2011, 05:21 PM
I would have approved had they traded a sixth rounder 4 weeks ago and benched Cassel. I don't see the point now but sadly he's the best QB on the roster. I'd rather see what Stanzi has.

farmerchief
11-23-2011, 05:23 PM
I would have approved had they traded a sixth rounder 4 weeks ago and benched Cassel. I don't see the point now but sadly he's the best QB on the roster. I'd rather see what Stanzi has.

DITTO!!!

FAX
11-23-2011, 05:27 PM

If you spend enough time around this place, you get the idea that Haley and Pioli have never seen a good quarterback play. Hell, there is a group of posters here that would fire everybody on the staff twice a day in order to demonstrate to the blow-up-doll in the corner just how smart they are.

But, as for Haley and Pioli not understanding our quarterback situation, nothing could be further from the truth. They know what Cassel is and they're on the hunt for their guy, you can be certain of that. And, if Pioli isn't kicking himself in the ass for bringing him in, I'd be happy to do it for him.

I am not, however, implying that Orton is that guy ... or that they think he is. This is a stopgap deal for a veteran.

FAX

Nightfyre
11-23-2011, 05:28 PM
You guys are all missing the point: we just bought a compensatory pick. Plus he knows denvers offense.

FAX

You will.

FAX

FAX
You guys are all missing the point: we just bought a compensatory pick. ...

Yep.

FAX

Extra Point

Drop the last phrase, and we're cool. Stanzi has the touch on the ball, which is mandatory. His mental calculations of Newtonian physics will cause you to impregnate your better half, a decade beyond conventional child-bearing capability!

Stanzi is so Chuck Norris, that Chuck Norris hired a 10-person staff, to put him on call-block!

DaFace
11-23-2011, 05:29 PM
You guys are all missing the point: we just bought a compensatory pick.

Although I'm personally a fan of the trade, the pick isn't much value to me. If the hope is that Orton helps us win an extra game or two, the draft value lost due to the extra wins far outweights the value of an extra sixth-rounder.

FAX
11-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Although I'm personally a fan of the trade, the pick isn't much value to me. If the hope is that Orton helps us win an extra game or two, the draft value lost due to the extra wins far outweights the value of an extra sixth-rounder.

Orton may never see action. I don't think he will move up the depth chart that quickly. It does, however, provide some protection for Stanzi.

It's a good move on many levels.

FAX

Nightfyre
11-23-2011, 05:32 PM

Helps us win? This is a give up play if he does play. He doesn't know our offense. How's he gonna help us win? Id be surprised if he did play.

Extra Point
11-23-2011, 05:33 PM

Pioli is tying Kyle Orton's clipboard to a string, connected to Haley's dick, just to make this trade work.

COchief
11-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Does everyone realize that we have the 11th pick in the draft today? Those crappy wins again Min, Ind, Oak really cost this team. If captain neckbeard wins a couple games we could be sitting around 15th by the time it's all said and done. No way Barkley or RGIII last that long, what will the team have gained by this?

I only like this move if: we still lose out, Cassell is gone, we draft one of the top three QBs next year. Otherwise it's just another shit sandwich served to the KC Chiefs fanbase.

suds79
11-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Does everyone realize that we have the 11th pick in the draft today? Those crappy wins again Min, Ind, Oak really cost this team. If captain neckbeard wins a couple games we could be sitting around 15th by the time it's all said and done. No way Barkley or RGIII last that long, what will the team have gained by this?

How many of those will draft a QB?

Carolina? Nope. Minn? Nope. Jacksonville? Nope.

Even with Orton, we're still going to end up with probably 5 wins. I'm not worried.

whoman69
11-23-2011, 05:45 PM
The fact that the front office still believes this team can make a playoff run is both a plus and a negative. The negative is that they believe they are only a mediocre Matt Cassel talent level QB away from competing. We are not that close. Already two games down on the Raiders with the toughest part of our schedule ahead, Peyton Manning would have a tough time bringing us to the playoffs this year. I dislike it for the fact that it is what the Chiefs always do, forego the development of a young QB for a retread or the latest backup who had a few good games. If he wins a few games it takes us out of the running to get a quality QB. If he doesn't it wastes the opportunity for Stanzi to get his feet wet and for the organization to see what he has.

burt
11-23-2011, 05:45 PM
will cause you to impregnate your better half, a decade beyond conventional child-bearing capability!

And bypass my vasectomy AND her historectomy? Wow, he is good! Sorry for the poor spelling.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Meh, not a fan of his, but he'll have better weapons than he had in Denver this year.

MahiMike
11-23-2011, 05:52 PM
I think it sucks. For all the bitchin about wanting to draft a QBOTF on here, you guys sell out to the 1st retread that comes along. So much for seeing Stanzi this year.

Chiefs=Champions
Why do fans of "better" teams automatically think they no better than everyone else?

SCTrojan
Count me as one who hates the move.

There's only a compensatory pick if he goes to another team. As your typical Chiefs fan trained to expect disappointment, I can envision a future with a Cassell / Orton two-headed monster that the organization thinks will bring us to the promised land.

Say Orton plays well the rest of the way - comparatively speaking - and leads the team to a couple of wins. The front office starts thinking with a good off-season and the return of Moeaki and Charles that they might have something. Why not sign him for a few more years and let the competition between him and Cassell play out? Why not keep both just in case one gets injured or inconsistent? We go 9-7 or 8-8 the next three years, or just close enough to make them think that a slight tweak here or there will get us there. No need to draft a young QB. They are doing just fine.

Does anyone here really think there is no way that this scenario could happen?

Pasta Little Brioni
11-23-2011, 05:54 PM

Good move.

Well, at least they can't be called the Cheaps with this move. I don't give a fuck about how much money they spend on him, it's not mine and it has no effect in the long term for this team.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Best case scenario.

Orton shows that this offense isn't fucking retarded. Pioli and Haley realize that Cassel is garbage and he's let go this offseason. Pioli then drafts our QBoTF in the 1st round of the draft. Orton is signed to a 2-3 year deal. Orton and rookie QB compete in TC and preseason to the be the starter.

:clap: That's how I see it

FAX
11-23-2011, 06:10 PM

There's only a compensatory pick if he goes to another team. As your typical Chiefs fan trained to expect disappointment, I can envision a future with a Cassell / Orton two-headed monster that the organization thinks will bring us to the promised land.

Say Orton plays well the rest of the way - comparatively speaking - and leads the team to a couple of wins. The front office starts thinking with a good off-season and the return of Moeaki and Charles that they might have something. Why not sign him for a few more years and let the competition between him and Cassell play out? Why not keep both just in case one gets injured or inconsistent? We go 9-7 or 8-8 the next three years, or just close enough to make them think that a slight tweak here or there will get us there. No need to draft a young QB. They are doing just fine.

Sure, it could happen.

After all, Haley was successful with a retread in Arizona. I'm seeing this very differently, though.

To me, it's a sign that the Cassel era is coming to a close. That's a good thing no matter how we get there.

As for the impact on the draft, there is nothing in this move that precludes the drafting of a young QB.

As for playing Stanzi, he's simply not ready to play. He hasn't even had a full off-season, yet. We need to temper enthusiasm with pragmatic deliberation on that deal. Playing him too early against the kind of competition we're facing right now could lead to more bad than good in the long run. A lot more.

To me, this is about signing a veteran as a stopgap considering that we have no experienced depth whatsoever at quarterback. Plus, it gives us options. If we keep Orton next year, he provides competition. If we don't, we pick up a pick. If we do, we have trade fodder. If we don't, we haven't lost anything this year since the draft doesn't occur until April.

FAX

okcchief
11-23-2011, 06:14 PM
If we do bring in a rookie to groom or they think Stanzi that good(don't really trust their judgement at this point) Orton is a better option until someone else is ready. If the ultimate goal or result is Matt Cassel never taking a snap as a Chief again I guess I'm on board :S

Pasta Little Brioni
11-23-2011, 06:15 PM

If they are that dumb...we are already doomed.

Rasputin
11-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Sure, it could happen.

After all, Haley was successful with a retread in Arizona. I'm seeing this very differently, though.

To me, it's a sign that the Cassel era is coming to a close. That's a good thing no matter how we get there.

As for the impact on the draft, there is nothing in this move that precludes the drafting of a young QB.

As for playing Stanzi, he's simply not ready to play. He hasn't even had a full off-season, yet. We need to temper enthusiasm with pragmatic deliberation on that deal. Playing him too early against the kind of competition we're facing right now could lead to more bad than good in the long run. A lot more.

To me, this is about signing a veteran as a stopgap considering that we have no experienced depth whatsoever at quarterback. Plus, it gives us options. If we keep Orton next year, he provides competition. If we don't, we pick up a pick. If we do, we have trade fodder. If we don't, we haven't lost anything this year since the draft doesn't occur until April.

FAX

I don't think it has any thing to do with Stanzi being ready or not. He needs to get his vagina wet sometime. The problem with Chiefs organization and Chiefs fans with starting a rookie QB is no BALLS. It's been that way ever since Blackledge years and it continues now.

FAX
11-23-2011, 06:33 PM
I don't think it has any thing to do with Stanzi being ready or not. He needs to get his vagina wet sometime. The problem with Chiefs organization and Chiefs fans with starting a rookie QB is no BALLS. It's been that way ever since Blackledge years and it continues now.

???

FAX

Rasputin
11-23-2011, 06:37 PM
???

FAX

Chiefs have no BALLS to start a rookie QB. That is all.

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Chiefs have no BALLS to start a rookie QB. That is all.

Yeah.....that's it. :rolleyes:

stonedstooge
11-23-2011, 06:39 PM
If Stanzi was that good he would be playing. Apparently he was drafted at the right level.

The Iron Chief
11-23-2011, 06:40 PM
I just want to see a change and the change that I want to see is not Palko.

Ortons a fair QB hes not elite and hes not Cassel range either.
Hes been thru a couple of ugly times thats tarnished how hes looked at and how he feels about Football.
Maybe if the Arrowhead crowd gave him a kick in the ass by going absolutely insane at the next game that he takes the field it might put a spark to his ass that he hasnt felt in a looong time.

Also maybe when he stops and thinks a little.. Bowe,Breaston and a young rookie to pass too hmmm

I'm dreaming I know but its better than expecting Cassel next Sunday night and knowing how its going to end.

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 06:55 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Speaking Wednesday evening, Kyle Orton indicated that he fully intends to report ot the Chiefs after they were awarded him on waivers.

"Just wanted everybody to hear it from me first," Orton said. "I am happy to be a part of the Chiefs. ... I am excited about the last few days and I am looking forward to getting to kno my teammates with the Chiefs." ESPN's John Clayton reported early Wednesday that Orton might not report to K.C. because he wanted to be a Bear. Orton will probably be the Chiefs' starting QB by Week 13.

memyselfI
11-23-2011, 07:13 PM
The better question is does this increase ANYONE'S excitement level? Orton is one of the last QBs I'd choose in the entire NFL and way behind Cassel. Sorry, can't get excited about him at all.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 07:15 PM
The better question is does this increase ANYONE'S excitement level? Orton is one of the last QBs I'd choose in the entire NFL and way behind Cassel. Sorry, can't get excited about him at all.

Do you even remember Orton roasting our secondary in Denver last season?

When he is "on" he absolutely destroys Cassel as a QB.

When Cassel is "on" he throws for 200 yards.

memyselfI
11-23-2011, 07:18 PM

That is one game. His stats aren't great neither is his reputation. All I know is he plays like Grbac. No heart.

Extra Point
11-23-2011, 07:20 PM

This.

/thread

bricks
11-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Do I approve the move? meh. I can except it, but, I'm not exactly thrilled about it either. I think Orton is a serviceable quarterback. A good backup quarterback but not an elite starter thats for sure. He is still definitely an upgrade off what we have in Cassel, Palko and I'm not gonna throw Stanzi in there because there is no point. but he's definitely an upgrade over what we have. id insert him in the lineup ASAP. I'm only saying that because I feel he gives us the best chance to win.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 07:22 PM
That is one game. His stats aren't great.

What part of 3,800 yards at 62 percent is not great?

Cassel will literally never, ever throw for 3,800 yards.

memyselfI
11-23-2011, 07:23 PM
He lost his freakin job to a guy who can't even pass the ball but plays with his heart on his sleeve...

just sayin, not a good sign.

Simply Red
11-23-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm now wondering if it's Pioli's ego, or a 'statement back', after the shelling on MNF.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Last year Kyle Orton had a 9-game stretch where he averaged 311 yards passing a game.

The guy is not winning any Super Bowls but he is absolutely positively better than Cassel.

memyselfI
11-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Last year Kyle Orton had a 9-game stretch where he averaged 311 yards passing a game.

The guy is not winning any Super Bowls but he is absolutely positively better than Cassel.

We'll see. Especially if he has to deal with 4 or 5 OCs and one sociopath HC. Sheesh, Orton had a beaten look on his face after four GAMES.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-23-2011, 07:26 PM

Yep, he should be able to wing it all over the field with Bowe, Breasts, and Baldwin.

okcchief
11-23-2011, 07:28 PM
He lost his freakin job to a guy who can't even pass the ball but plays with his heart on his sleeve...

just sayin, not a good sign.

He also was supposed to be traded in the offseason and knew he wasn't wanted there. He's not great but if you think Cassels better I don't know WTF you're watching.

memyselfI
11-23-2011, 07:31 PM
He also was supposed to be traded in the offseason and knew he wasn't wanted there. He's not great but if you think Cassels better I don't know WTF you're watching.

I think Todd Haley's personality and inability to keep an OC would ruin even Tom Brady. For a wounded soul like Orton to succeed he will need someone of sound mind and good energy unlike Haley.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 07:32 PM
I think Todd Haley's personality and inability to keep an OC would ruin even Tom Brady. For someone like a wounded soul Orton to succeed he will need someone of sound mind unlike Haley.

You think Orton gives a fuck?

He's just gonna go out there and wing it. This is a six-game audition for him. He's probably just happy to play football again.

Pablo
11-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Orton is a better QB than Cassel.

He's better than anyone on our roster; that's how sad our QB depth is.

Would I like Stanzi to get a chance? Fuck yes. He's being held back for whatever reason; and the organization isn't going to give him a shot anytime soon so fuck it.

Bring on Orton.

I just hope this doesn't lead to a Orton/Cassel QB battle in TC next summer. It probably will.

memyselfI
11-23-2011, 07:35 PM
You think Orton gives a ****?

He's just gonna go out there and wing it. This is a six-game audition for him. He's probably just happy to play football again.

Agreed, to a point. If he was stepping onto a decent football team with a some semblance of cohesion and sense of direction but lost their QB then I think he would probably have an easier transition (ala Palmer after two weeks) but that is not the case here.

Our problems go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY past the QB. I guess his c coming here will illustrate that quite nicely. I bet they even show Cassel isn't the problem after all. Hooray for Orton if that is the case.

Brock
I think Todd Haley's personality and inability to keep an OC would ruin even Tom Brady. For a wounded soul like Orton to succeed he will need someone of sound mind and good energy unlike Haley.

"Wounded soul" :LOL: JFC.

Pasta Little Brioni
Orton is a better QB than Cassel.

He's better than anyone on our roster; that's how sad our QB depth is.

Would I like Stanzi to get a chance? Fuck yes. He's being held back for whatever reason; and the organization isn't going to give him a shot anytime soon so fuck it.

Bring on Orton.

I just hope this doesn't lead to a Orton/Cassel QB battle in TC next summer. It probably will.

It's all leading up to a match at SummerSlam. Bah god king Orton and Pioli are on the same damn page!!!

Pablo
11-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Agreed, to a point. If he was stepping onto a decent football team with a some semblance of cohesion and sense of direction but lost their QB then I think he would probably have an easier transition (ala Palmer after two weeks) but that is not the case here.

Our problems go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY past the QB. I guess his c coming here will illustrate that quite nicely. I bet they even show Cassel isn't the problem after all. Hooray for Orton if that is the case.Quit pretending you have any idea about anything pertaining to football, cunt.

Ugly Duck
11-23-2011, 07:42 PM
KnowMo gives a BIG thumbs up:

Orton is extremely accurate, extremely smart, has a strong enough arm to make every throw, is one of the 5 best QB's in the NFL

Orton looks like Tom Brady. And that isn't just some homer talk. Tebow isn't at Orton's level

Orton and Quinn would start for half the NFL.

Tebow isn't ready and Orton is our best QB.

How many 3500+ yards and 20+ TD seasons does Campbell have? Not as many as Orton.

Kyle Orton gives us a better chance to win.

Orton led the 7th ranked pass offense in the NFL last year

memyselfI
11-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Quit pretending you have any idea about anything pertaining to football, ****.

Ok, been a fan for 40 years. Don't mean jack.

Predarat
11-23-2011, 07:49 PM
approve, and I mean the print 'em! kind of approve.

Graystoke
11-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Ya I gotta approve.
At the very least all the Chiefs players can make believe that he is John Elway and gang punch him in the locker room

notorious
11-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Orton will play good enough to get the job next year, thus leading to us passing on a QB once again.

bricks
11-23-2011, 08:01 PM

Meh.

I'm not to crazy about statistics sometimes. They could be smoke and mirrors. I think its more important to pay attention to a quarterbacks attributes than statistics. At the very least, Orton does throw a better ball then Cassel. He does have better field vision and better overall pocket presence. So, at least the Chiefs improved in those areas.

Sure-Oz
11-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Kyle Orton - QB - Chiefs

Speaking Wednesday evening, Kyle Orton indicated that he fully intends to report to the Chiefs after they were awarded him on waivers.
"Just wanted everybody to hear it from me first," Orton said. "I am happy to be a part of the Kansas City Chiefs. ... I am excited about the last few days and I am looking forward to getting to know my teammates with the Chiefs." ESPN's John Clayton reported early Wednesday that Orton might not report to K.C. because he wanted to be a Bear. It appears The Professor's report was inaccurate, which we've noticed is becoming a recurring theme for Clayton. Orton will probably be the Chiefs' starting quarterback by Week 13.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Nov 23 - 7:48 PM

Brock
11-23-2011, 08:05 PM

Good move.

Who fucking cares about the money? At least we didn't give up a draft pick for a shitty QB like we got from the fucking Patriots.

Okie_Apparition
11-23-2011, 08:10 PM
DID NOT WANT
hope to be proven wrong
& a top 10 pick QB in April

Tombstone RJ
11-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Bronco's fan here saying I strongly approve. So what does that tell you...

mdchiefsfan
11-23-2011, 08:36 PM

T. Jackson- SEA
D. McNabb- MIN
T. Tebow- DEN
C. Painter- IND
M. Moore- MIA
M. Leinart- HOU

and most importantly:

T. Palko- KC

Can all take a seat for Orton, IMO.

jaa1025
11-23-2011, 08:37 PM
I strongly disapprove for the simple fact that he gives us a chance to win a couple games and will put us out of a position to draft RGIII. At least with Tyler Palko we had a strong chance to finish the season without winning another game and end up with a top 4-7 pick. DAMN DAMN DAMN.

I do think he's slightly better than Cassel, but that's not saying much.

Extra Point
11-23-2011, 08:40 PM
I strongly disapprove for the simple fact that he gives us a chance to win a couple games and will put us out of a position to draft RGIII. At least with Tyler Palko we had a strong chance to finish the season without winning another game and end up with a top 4-7 pick. DAMN DAMN DAMN.

Yeah, but we get the mine the field. Not the blow-up kind.

whoman69
11-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Who ****ing cares about the money? At least we didn't give up a draft pick for a shitty QB like we got from the ****ing Patriots.

BBBut that will only leave a $27.5 profit for Clark Hunt and the Hunt family this year. How are they going to eat?

FAX
11-23-2011, 08:42 PM

I'm not crazy about Orton (as a football player) in any form or fashion.

This is exciting to me because it indicates that Pioli might have finally seen the light when it comes to Cassel. And, if that's true, it means we're on the hunt for a real, bona fide quarterback and Pioli will want to go young if possible.

He knows this fan base by now. And he knows that, if the Chiefs draft and anoint a young guy, the fans will support the decision and buy tickets to games. For all the bashing Pioli gets on here (some of it from me), he's not a stupid guy.

For Chiefs fans, this is a great move. A little late, but great nonetheless.

FAX

mdchiefsfan
11-23-2011, 08:45 PM

This is exciting to me because it indicates that Pioli might have finally seen the light when it comes to Cassel. And, if that's true, it means we're on the hunt for a real, bona fide quarterback and Pioli will want to go young if possible.

He knows this fan base by now. And he knows that, if the Chiefs draft and anoint a young guy, the fans will support the decision and buy tickets to games. For all the bashing Pioli gets on here (some of it from me), he's not a stupid guy.

FAX

agreed and just as hopeful

whoman69
11-23-2011, 08:46 PM
T. Jackson- SEA
D. McNabb- MIN
T. Tebow- DEN
C. Painter- IND
M. Moore- MIA
M. Leinart- HOU

and most importantly:

T. Palko- KC

Can all take a seat for Orton, IMO.

So can Cassel. My question is, are we doing it to avoid drafting a QB next year or giving a shot to Stanzi? The KC Chiefs have tried to develop 3 QBs from the draft in their whole history, Livingston, Fuller and Blackledge. We're the organization afraid to step out of the house.

mdchiefsfan
11-23-2011, 08:55 PM
So can Cassel. My question is, are we doing it to avoid drafting a QB next year or giving a shot to Stanzi? The KC Chiefs have tried to develop 3 QBs from the draft in their whole history, Livingston, Fuller and Blackledge. We're the organization afraid to step out of the house.

That is my question as well. I would be lying if I said that thought wasn't in the back of my head. Time will tell.

#1 Bronco's Fan
11-23-2011, 08:58 PM
It depends what the Chief's objective is. If their objective is to be a 7-9 to 8-8 team that Orton is your man. Draft in the middle teens every year that's all Orton will do for you.

FAX
11-23-2011, 09:02 PM
It depends what the Chief's objective is. If their objective is to be a 7-9 to 8-8 team that Orton is your man. Draft in the middle teens every year that's all Orton will do for you.

Here's the funny part.

We. Don't. Care.

He's a compensatory pick in waiting.

And a veteran stopgap on the depth chart for the rest of this season.

And, if push comes to shove, a reason to motivate Cassel's agent to start making some calls.

FAX

jaa1025
11-23-2011, 09:46 PM

FAX

I'm hoping you are right. If it's just a 6 game thing while Cassel mends and they go back to Cassel next year with no QBOTF on board then it's a fail move. If Pioli and Co realize that Cassel is a joke and this is a stop gap while we get a true QBOTF in next years draft then it's a great move.

cdcox
11-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Strongly disapprove. If you have a shot at a top 5 draft pick with multiple franchise QBs available, you take it. This franchise would do anything possible to avoid drafting a QB.

cdcox
11-23-2011, 10:09 PM
We'll win 6 games and draft after all the top talent QBs are gone. Perfect excuse not to draft one. Then, we'll blame the bad season to injuries.

Why didn't the Colts pick up Orton and see if they could squeeze out 3 or 4 wins this season? Because they're smart, that's why.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 10:21 PM
We'll win 6 games and draft after all the top talent QBs are gone. Perfect excuse not to draft one. Then, we'll blame the bad season to injuries.

Why didn't the Colts pick up Orton and see if they could squeeze out 3 or 4 wins this season? Because they're smart, that's why.

We can still get a good QB prospect. Jake Locker went #8 last year to a 6-10 team.

I don't think they were going to pick a QB anyway. In that event, this was a good signing. It could be the first step to getting rid of Cassel. You have to take what you can get at this point.

milkman
11-23-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd bet that the Chiefs called Orton's agent before they placed the claim to talk about Orton going into next season.

They probably told him that if he came to KC and liked it, and resigned for next season, that he'd get the chance to compete with Cassel for the starter's job next season.

Audition mow, with a chance to start next season, something he had no chance at in Chicago.

I absolutely hate this move, because I see it as a move that keeps Cassel in KC, and allows them to pass on QB early in the draft.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 10:43 PM
I'd bet that the Chiefs called Orton's agent before they placed the claim to talk about Orton going into next season.

They probably told him that if he came to KC and liked it, and resigned for next season, that he'd get the chance to compete with Cassel for the starter's job next season.

Audition mow, with a chance to start next season, something he had no chance at in Chicago.

I absolutely hate this move, because I see it as a move that keeps Cassel in KC, and allows them to pass on QB early in the draft.

Orton is going to beat out Cassel.

Then we just have to figure out how to get rid of Orton. LMAO

DaFace
11-23-2011, 10:43 PM

No one's going to get this, but I'm mildly drunk.

http://a1.ec-videos.myspacecdn.com/videos02/44/6de9f49bca814fd94d1ef70a05bf1166/thumb0.jpg

notorious
11-23-2011, 10:45 PM
No one's going to get this, but I'm mildly drunk.

http://a1.ec-videos.myspacecdn.com/videos02/44/6de9f49bca814fd94d1ef70a05bf1166/thumb0.jpg

Oh, meow I get it.

cdcox
11-23-2011, 10:47 PM
So with this move, it probably means the next first round QB we take is in high school now.

FAX
11-23-2011, 10:49 PM

Time will tell, of course, but I don't see that strategy in this situation.

We needed a stopgap vet on the team. There are still a bunch of games left, after all.

If things work out well, we'll get another pick out of this deal plus give the team an opportunity to get the post-Cassel offense working. Next April, we'll pick another QB and have true competition at that position. Hopefully, that will mean a young guy with upside will get the start.

And, even if we decide to keep Orton, we will be moving forward ... not stuck in the mud with Cassel because Orton won't be able to beat out a truly talented, young, smart, strong-armed quarterback in camp.

What this means is that Pioli is finally seen his way past the Cassel experiment and that's a good thing.

FAX

milkman
11-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Time will tell, of course, but I don't see that strategy in this situation.

We needed a stopgap vet on the team. There are still a bunch of games left, after all.

If things work out well, we'll get another pick out of this deal plus give the team an opportunity to get the post-Cassel offense working. Next April, we'll pick another QB and have true competition at that position. Hopefully, that will mean a young guy with upside will get the start.

And, even if we decide to keep Orton, we will be moving forward ... not stuck in the mud with Cassel because Orton won't be able to beat out a truly talented, young, smart, strong-armed quarterback in camp.

What this means is that Pioli is finally seen his way past the Cassel experiment and that's a good thing.

FAX

Sorry Mr. Fax.

I don't get it.

If we are only stop gapping for this season, what's the point?

He's not going to come in and get this team to 9 wins and into the playoffs.

There's only one raesonable explanation.

It's an audition.

Molitoth
11-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Basically FAX = Me.

BigMeatballDave
11-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Sorry Mr. Fax.

I don't get it.

It's an audition.

Yep, I agree.

Caseyguyrr
11-23-2011, 11:11 PM
i approve. Im not thrilled, but i know the chiefs had to do it

SenselessChiefsFan
11-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Sorry Mr. Fax.

I don't get it.

It's an audition.

There is so much we don't know.

This may just be a way to give Haley a more fair shot at keeping his job.

This may be an audition.

This may just be a way to keep the team's spirits up.

This may be a good backup for Cassel when McDaniels is brought in.

I have to admit that this is one of the most interesting seasons I can remember.

chiefzilla1501
11-23-2011, 11:34 PM
There is so much we don't know.

This may just be a way to give Haley a more fair shot at keeping his job.

This may be an audition.

This may just be a way to keep the team's spirits up.

This may be a good backup for Cassel when McDaniels is brought in.

I have to admit that this is one of the most interesting seasons I can remember.

This is the first thing you said today that I agree with.

I hope it does the opposite and instead exposes how terrible Cassel really was.

Chiefs=Champions
11-23-2011, 11:35 PM
His middle name is Raymundo. I APPROVE!

Gadzooks
11-23-2011, 11:36 PM
I strongly approve. I beleive this move is a step in the right direction for the Chiefs franchise. Pioli should be commended for this shrewd and tactical move.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-23-2011, 11:38 PM
This is the first thing you said today that I agree with.

I hope it does the opposite and instead exposes how terrible Cassel really was.

Yay. Then Pioli will have another excuse to pass up drafting a QB, instead going with Orton as his guy.

Imon Yourside
11-23-2011, 11:40 PM
I think it's the best thing to do, we have a better chance as fans to watch the Chiefs lose by 3-7 points instead of 30.

DaFace
11-23-2011, 11:44 PM
I wonder what the record is for votes in a poll. I'm not sure I've ever seen more than 200 before.

cdcox
11-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Are we closer to making a move to acquire a franchise QB today than were were yesterday? Or are we further away from making that move?

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Are we closer to making a move to acquire a franchise QB today than were were yesterday? Or are we further away from making that move?

If you assume that:

1. Orton will displace Cassel

2. The Chiefs do not have the same level of commitment to Orton

The answer is yes.

cdcox
11-23-2011, 11:52 PM
If you assume that:

The answer is yes.

If it takes Kyle Orton to make Pioli see that Cassel isn't the answer, then this franchise is totally screwed.

FAX
11-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Sorry Mr. Fax.

I don't get it.

It's an audition.

I think that one's perspective on this deal has a great deal to do with how smart or stupid one believes Pioli to be, Mr. milkman.

Now, to be perfectly honest, I've waffled on that particular issue myself. However, in this case (and assuming that Pioli is not a complete, certifiable dumbass), I don't see a downside. I mean, break it down ...

First off, we know we need additional depth at the position, Orton has experience, and was available at a reasonable price. Therefore, timing-wise, it makes sense merely from a franchise perspective.

Second off, if Orton winds up playing this year (not a given), he may allow us to further properly develop and evaluate the offense. That's a win/win even if we lose out the rest of this season.

Third off, there's really no reasonable possibility that we're going to play Stanzi before the staff believes he's ready. People can hate on Haley all they want, but Zorn is in this deal, too. If the coaching staff says he's not ready, the odds are he's not ready. Of course, in order to go along with this part, you have to buy into the idea that playing Stanzi before he's ready will result in more bad than good over the long haul. People are screaming for Stanzi (here and according to chiefs.com, as well), but it's a desire that's far more emotional than realistic or objective. Therefore, Orton is not standing in Stanzi's way ... at this point, at least.

Fourth off, if Orton is unwilling to sign an extended contract ... or, if the Chiefs decide to part ways, we get a compensatory pick. A no-lose deal considering he's relatively cheap and we've made no significant investment in terms of time into the guy.

Fifth off, this is a clear message that Pioli is no longer saying, "It's Casselway or the highway." To me, that is the obvious sub-text to this entire deal. Pioli could have easily let us roll on with Palko and Stanzi, chalked up this season to injuries, saved the money, and waited for Cassel to heal. Instead, he's brought in a veteran who could probably beat out Cassel in camp with his beard tied behind his back.

Sixth off, assuming that you're right and Orton is with us next year, it does not mean that we will not draft a QB. Nor does it mean that we will not dedicate time and effort into Stanzi. Just the opposite. It gets Cassel and the emotional/prideful/egotistical connection to Pioli out of the way. That's nothing but good news for us.

Seventh off, this season is far from over regardless of what the nay-sayers would like to nay-say. Hell, we could still win the division. I know it's a long shot and very unlikely, but it's football and it bounces funny. If we win 5 more games, we could win this thing.

As I've stated previously, there are a lot of good things that can come from this ... and only 1 bad thing. And, that bad thing is the same bad thing we've been living with for almost 3 years. Therefore, I submit that it's change and change for the better that can only result in an improved performer under center and, as a result, a better offense.

FAX

SenselessChiefsFan
11-23-2011, 11:53 PM
If you assume that:

The answer is yes.

closer or further... yes is not an option.

Chiefs=Champions
11-23-2011, 11:56 PM
MY BOLD PREDICTION:

Orton outplays Cassel, leading to him being cut.

Orton gets resigned to perhaps a 3 year deal.

We draft a QB in rounds 1 or 2.

Despite Orton's showing we still lose enough games, to potentially get one of the better QBs.

Haley gets fired.

Nostrachiefs=good

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 11:57 PM
closer

Chiefs=Champions
11-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Sorry Mr. Fax.

I don't get it.

It's an audition.

This is sound logic. However i doubt that a team is willing to just throw away a season like that, as beneficial to our long term success as it may be.

Especially Haley. Who could well be coaching for his career.

cdcox
11-24-2011, 12:02 AM
This is sound logic. However i doubt that a team is willing to just throw away a season like that, as beneficial to our long term success as it may be.

????

This is like saying I'm not willing to throw away this dinner after it's been sitting on the counter spoiling for 8 hours. Whatever value it once had is long gone.

Simply Red
11-24-2011, 12:12 AM
I think he'll make them funner or more tolerable to watch.

Bwana
11-24-2011, 07:35 AM
I'll just put it out there like this, I have no plans to run out and buy myself a sweet new Kyle Orton Jersey for Christmas.

FAX
11-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Don't mind me, guys. I'll just post a bunch of stuff to myself while I'm waiting for the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX to get up and make me a hearty breakfast.

FAX

FAX
11-24-2011, 07:42 AM
I don't expect there will be any Fruit Wheats, though.

FAX

FAX
11-24-2011, 07:42 AM
I sure do miss Fruit Wheats.

They were delicious. Plus, the squirrels are running wild around here. Preparing for winter, I expect ... but still.

FAX

FAX
11-24-2011, 07:47 AM
This one time, a squirrel was stealing seeds from out of our bird feeder and I saw him while I was enjoying a hearty breakfast. So, I went out on the back deck and threw a Fruit Wheat at him. I was about ... oh ... about 30 feet away and I hit him square between the eyes with that Fruit Wheat. It just bounced off his head and he went back to stealing seeds like nothing had ever happened let alone getting tagged with a Fruit Wheat from 30 feet away.

I figure that squirrels are used to getting tagged on the head by stuff since they hang out under trees and get conked by acorns and stuff all the time. Still and all, you would think that a Fruit Wheat would do more damage than an acorn on account of the fact that an acorn is roundish and a Fruit Wheat is square and has sharp, wheatie corners.

FAX

FAX
11-24-2011, 07:49 AM
That was a heck of a shot, I'm telling you.

I'll bet you I am the best Fruit Wheat thrower in the US and probably Japan, too. I'll never be able to duplicate that throw, though ... since they apparently stopped making Fruit Wheats and all.

Do you guys have Fruit Wheats where you live?

FAX

FAX
11-24-2011, 07:50 AM
They used to come in Strawberry and Blueberry and something else ... I can't remember ... maybe Apple ... or maybe Apple/Cinnamon ... or maybe Peach.

Probably Apple.

FAX

FAX
11-24-2011, 07:52 AM
What do you call a female asshole?

FAX

burt
11-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Don't mind me, guys. I'll just post a bunch of stuff to myself while I'm waiting for the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX to get up and make me a hearty breakfast.

FAX

dude, what's with you and hearty breakfasts?

Extra Point
11-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Sorry Mr. Fax.

I don't get it.

It's an audition.

It's a draft pick and opportunity for Stanzi.

Also, saved Lovie Smith some grief.

milkman
11-24-2011, 08:01 AM

Since Haley does not make the personell decisions, he is not the person responsible for placing the claim on Orton.

By your line of reasoning, Pioli wants Haley to retain his job, so he provided him with a QB that will help him do so.

What do you call a female asshole?

FAX

Depending on the female, tasty.

milkman
11-24-2011, 08:02 AM
It's a draft pick and opportunity for Stanzi.

Also, saved Lovie Smith some grief.

How is it an opportunity of Stanzi, and how does it save Smith some grief?

FAX
11-24-2011, 08:04 AM
dude, what's with you and hearty breakfasts?

It's the most important meal of the day, Mr. burt.

Far more important than second breakfast or elevenses.

If you're going to argue your ass off on ChiefsPlanet, you need energy.

FAX

burt
11-24-2011, 08:12 AM
It's the most important meal of the day, Mr. burt.

Far more important than second breakfast or elevenses.

If you're going to argue your ass off on ChiefsPlanet, you need energy.

FAX

Guess I will have one today, then.....

cdcox
11-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Homemade cinnamon rolls > picking up Orton on waivers

burt
11-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Homemade cinnamon rolls > picking up Orton on waivers

close, but..........NOT

King_Chief_Fan
11-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Orrton is here as a vet to fill in only for 6 weeks..

Anyone making more of it than that are being silly.

Chiefs are making sure that stanzi doesn't see the field this year.

Pioli isn't going to take the chance of Orton out shining Cassel

BoneKrusher
11-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Pioli isn't going to take the chance of Orton out shining Cassel

then Scott Pioli better make sure Orton don't see the field then because he'll easily outshine Cassel.
(even w/o knowing the playbook.)

its easy to see Haley and the coaching staff were installing a game plan each week for Cassel that was equal to a rookie starter and he's been here for three years.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 09:40 AM
I honestly think drafturbators should get over this.

In the event we're going after a R1 QB, we can still get one if we're 6-10 (see Jake Locker), and Orton is a perfect stopgap, too.

You don't HAVE to be in the top 10 to get a good QB. In fact I would argue the bust rate over the last 10 years is about the same for top 10 QBs and 11-32 QBs in the last 10-15 years.

11 - Daunte Culpepper
32 - Drew Brees
11 - Ben Roethlisberger
24 - Aaron Rodgers
11 - Jay Cutler
18 - Joe Flacco
17 - Josh Freeman

burt
11-24-2011, 09:47 AM

In the event we're going after a R1 QB, we can still get one if we're 6-10 (see Jake Locker), and Orton is a perfect stopgap, too.

You don't HAVE to be in the top 10 to get a good QB. In fact I would argue the bust rate over the last 10 years is about the same for top 10 QBs and 11-32 QBs in the last 10-15 years.

11 - Daunte Culpepper
32 - Drew Brees
11 - Ben Roethlisberger
24 - Aaron Rodgers

damn, I hate to admit this......but good point.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 09:50 AM
The bottom line is if we're going after a QB, if we REALLY WANT ONE, Pioli is not going to let picking 12th instead of 8th stop him.

burt
11-24-2011, 09:52 AM
time now for a hearty breakfast!

DaFace
11-24-2011, 09:59 AM

11 - Daunte Culpepper
32 - Drew Brees
11 - Ben Roethlisberger
24 - Aaron Rodgers
11 - Jay Cutler
18 - Joe Flacco
17 - Josh Freeman

There's some validity to that. Advanced NFL Stats has done a handful of blog posts in the past about how draft order predicts success for QBs. In general, there's a clear correlation between draft order and success, but it's a little "fuzzy" in that the correlation works best when you group QBs by round or at least by the order taken in the draft. Here's a link for any geeks interested enough to read it:

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2010/04/are-top-draft-pick-qbs-any-better-than.html

Here's another that compares round drafted to pro bowl probability:

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2008/04/drafting-qbs.html

And here's another that compares round drafted to career length and a couple other factors:

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2008/04/drafting-qbs-2.html

Basically, your probability of success definitely decreases as you get later in the draft (go figure). However, inside the first round, your probability of success only varies a small amount - it's not like you're twice as likely to be successful with the #1 pick vs. the #20 pick, for example.

milkman
11-24-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm betting that Orton signs a contarct extension in the next week with the Chiefs, and the promise that he would contend for the starter's role next season is the reason he decided to report.

We should sign Jason Campbell in free agency to come in and compete, as well.

Then we would have a shitastic trio of QBs that could lead this team to the land of mediocrity, where 10-6 wild card and first round playoff exists are wrapped in sunshine and rainbows.

cdcox
11-24-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm betting that Orton signs a contarct extension in the next week with the Chiefs, and the promise that he would contend for the starter's role next season is the reason he decided to report.

Then we would have a shitastic trio of QBs that could lead this team to the land of mediocrity, where 10-6 wild card and first round playoff exists are wrapped in sunshine and rainbows.

Yep, that is what this signals to me.

DaFace
11-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Here's actually maybe the key table from all of that crap I just posted:

QB Pick Pr(Better)
1 0.81
2 0.38
3 0.52
4 0.38
5 0.50
6 0.28
7 0.31
8 0.54

That lists the probability that a QB taken (in that order) will be BETTER than the QB taken after. So basically, if you can take the first QB available, that player will be better than the second QB taken 81% of the time. After that, it's pretty much a toss-up within reason.

BoneKrusher
11-24-2011, 10:08 AM

you may be right.

the Chiefs have Never developed a QB why would they try now.

stonedstooge
11-24-2011, 10:08 AM

You forgot the Iowa Boy Blunder

DaFace
11-24-2011, 10:09 AM

I wouldn't necessarily be pissed at extending Orton IF we 1) dump Cassel and 2) draft a QB in the first round. If they extend him and don't do both of the other two, I'll be pretty cranky.

cdcox
11-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Here's actually maybe the key table from all of that crap I just posted:

QB Pick Pr(Better)
1 0.81
2 0.38
3 0.52
4 0.38
5 0.50
6 0.28
7 0.31
8 0.54

That lists the probability that a QB taken (in that order) will be BETTER than the QB taken after. So basically, if you can take the first QB available, that player will be better than the second QB taken 81% of the time. After that, it's pretty much a toss-up within reason.

What this tells me is that you might have to draft a first-rounder two, three even more times before you find your guy. You might get lucky and get your guy the first time, but if not, cut your losses and get back in there and draft another one until you get it right. But once you find a good QB, you can compete for the Superbowl for 10 years or more.

The Chiefs are like a guy at a bar who is looking at all the other guys scoring, but he is afraid to ask a girl to dance because he might get turned down.

SAUTO
11-24-2011, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't necessarily be pissed at extending Orton IF we 1) dump Cassel and 2) draft a QB in the first round. If they extend him and don't do both of the other two, I'll be pretty cranky.

My feelings exactly.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
11-24-2011, 10:21 AM
What this tells me is that you might have to draft a first-rounder two, three even more times before you find your guy. You might get lucky and get your guy the first time, but if not, cut your losses and get back in there and draft another one until you get it right. But once you find a good QB, you can compete for the Superbowl for 10 years or more.

The Chiefs are like a guy at a bar who is looking at all the other guys scoring, but he is afraid to ask a girl to dance because he might get turned down.

Then they go down to the skank motel and buy a toothless hooker.

cdcox
11-24-2011, 10:23 AM

:thumb: Thanks for perfecting the analogy.

rocknrolla
11-24-2011, 10:31 AM
:hmmm:I just want to see a change and the change that I want to see is not Palko.

Ortons a fair QB hes not elite and hes not Cassel range either.
Hes been thru a couple of ugly times thats tarnished how hes looked at and how he feels about Football.
Maybe if the Arrowhead crowd gave him a kick in the ass by going absolutely insane at the next game that he takes the field it might put a spark to his ass that he hasnt felt in a looong time.

Also maybe when he stops and thinks a little.. Bowe,Breaston and a young rookie to pass too hmmm

I'm dreaming I know but its better than expecting Cassel next Sunday night and knowing how its going to end.

I like your optimism. Yes. You are dreaming.

WhiteWhale
11-24-2011, 10:38 AM

I tend to avoid both dancing AND scoring while in a bar.

kcpasco
11-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Not an Orton fan

But if his means the end of the Cassel era. THANK FUCKING GOD.

GloryDayz
11-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Why wouldn't you? I'll be honest, he might not start because this is a wasted season, snd what Palko was brought in to do was a tall order. Your first start, in NE, on Monday, against a mad NE team!!! Oh, and if that wasn't enough, he get to follow that up with a Sunday night game against the Steelers! I'm sure wins weren't in any of our minds.

Did Palko have problems? Sure.. Were the INTs on hime? Sure.. Did any of us die? No... So I'm thinking he not only has a start this sunday night, but perhaps the next game two. But the 2011 NE, PIT, and CHI teams are a tall order to say the least. Perhaps we let all three know that, right now it's Palko's turn; if things get bad enough (out of hand), then we look at Stanzi later in those games. But, other than the INTs (throwing issues), I think Palko managed the game "OK".

Now, what's that got to do with Orton you ask?? Perhaps little, but with our ability to at least have him on hand and see if he fits our system, why not. It's not like we don't have the cap space!

Tat being said, I'm still game for focusing on a QB in the draft... This team needs an awesome QB for a change!

cdcox
11-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Did Palko have problems? Sure..

His biggest problem is his arm is way too weak to play in the NFL and that won't change, ever. He has no business being on an NFL roster.

Rain Man
11-24-2011, 01:57 PM
I tend to avoid both dancing AND scoring while in a bar.

And that's why you never make the playoffs.

FAX
11-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Why wouldn't you? I'll be honest, he might not start because this is a wasted season, snd what Palko was brought in to do was a tall order. Your first start, in NE, on Monday, against a mad NE team!!! Oh, and if that wasn't enough, he get to follow that up with a Sunday night game against the Steelers! I'm sure wins weren't in any of our minds.

Did Palko have problems? Sure.. Were the INTs on hime? Sure.. Did any of us die? No... So I'm thinking he not only has a start this sunday night, but perhaps the next game two. But the 2011 NE, PIT, and CHI teams are a tall order to say the least. Perhaps we let all three know that, right now it's Palko's turn; if things get bad enough (out of hand), then we look at Stanzi later in those games. But, other than the INTs (throwing issues), I think Palko managed the game "OK".

Now, what's that got to do with Orton you ask?? Perhaps little, but with our ability to at least have him on hand and see if he fits our system, why not. It's not like we don't have the cap space!

Tat being said, I'm still game for focusing on a QB in the draft... This team needs an awesome QB for a change!

I died a little.

FAX

whoman69
11-24-2011, 03:17 PM

Have you been following me?

whoman69
11-24-2011, 03:18 PM

She had some teeth.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Looking back at the Jackson pick, Cassel trade and now orton waived pick up. Those are the three biggest most inexcusable strikes against Failoli. Its time to.clean house again.

chiefzilla1501
11-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Looking back at the Jackson pick, Cassel trade and now orton waived pick up. Those are the three biggest most inexcusable strikes against Failoli. Its time to.clean house again.

I think we have to wait and see what the long-term plan is. THere are reasons why I think Orton would be a very good pickup, but if it's supposed to be a long-term plan, this is probably full of fail.

crossbow
11-24-2011, 04:29 PM
I am not gonna over analyze it. The Chiefs lost their starting QB and need one so they got the best guy they could find for a reasonable price. They know he isn't Johnny Unitas. He has an NFL arm and gives them at least as good of a chance as Mat did.

Rasputin
11-24-2011, 04:40 PM
For those approve of Orton consider this........

All-Time Quarterbacks Drafted By Chiefs

Year Player Round College GP TDs INTs

1968 Mike Livingston 2nd SMU 91 56 83
1971 Chuck Hixson 13th SMU 0 0 0
1972 Dean Carlson 7th Iowa State 1 0 1
1974 David Jaynes 3rd Kansas 2 0 1
1976 Joe Bruner 13th NE Louisiana 0 0 0
1977 Mark Vitali 10th Purdue 0 0 0
1978 Pete Woods 4th Missouri 0 0 0
1979 Steve Fuller 1st Clemson 90 28 41
1981 Bob Gagliano 12th Utah State 32 17 27
1983 Todd Blackledge 1st Penn State 46 29 38
1987 Doug Hudson 7th Nicholls State 1 0 0
1988 Danny McManus 11th Florida State 0 0 0
****Carl Peterson GM era begins on December 19 1988****
1989 Mike Elkins 2nd Wake Forest 1 0 1
1992 Matt Blundin 2nd Virginia 3 0 2
1994 Steve Matthews 7th Memphis 3 0 0
1995 Steve Stenstrom 4th Stanford 17 4 12
1997 Pat Barnes 4th California 1 0 0 <
2005 James Kilian 7th Tulsa 0 0 0
2006 Brodie Croyle 3rd Alabama 18 8 9
****Scott Pioli GM era begins January 13 2009
2011 Ricky Stanzi 5th Iowa st. 0 0 0

note, from 1997 another 8 years before we draft a QB & Brodie Croyle highest draft pick for QB since 1992 Matt Blundin. We have not had a Rookie QB we drafted start any games his ROOKIE YEAR since Todd Blacklidge. Brodie sucked yes but that's not an excuse not to take a risk on another drafted rookie for the fact that Chiefs just don't have the nads to do so.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>And take a look at this & remember 1993 **?<

Season Quarterback(s) (number of starts)
1960 Cotton Davidson (13) / Hunter Enis (1)
1961 Cotton Davidson (12) / Randy Duncan (2)
1962 Len Dawson (14)
1963 Len Dawson (13) / Eddie Wilson (1)
1964 Len Dawson (14)
1965 Len Dawson (12) / Pete Beathard (2)
1966 Len Dawson (14)
1967 Len Dawson (14)
1968 Len Dawson (13) / Jacky Lee (1)
1969 Len Dawson (7) / Jacky Lee (1) / Mike Livingston (6)
1970 Len Dawson (12) / Mike Livingston (2) (*Jan 11 Super Bowl Champions*)
1971 Len Dawson (13) / Mike Livingston (1)
1972 Len Dawson (12) / Mike Livingston (2)
1973 Mike Livingston (8) / Len Dawson (6)
1974 Len Dawson (8) / Mike Livingston (6)
1975 Mike Livingston (7) / Len Dawson (5) / Tony Adams (2)
1976 Mike Livingston (14)
1977 Mike Livingston (11) / Tony Adams (3)
1978[a] Mike Livingston (14) / Tony Adams (2)
1979 Steve Fuller (12) / Mike Livingston (4)
1980 Steve Fuller (13) / Bill Kenney (3)
1981 Bill Kenney (13) / Steve Fuller (3)
1982[b] Bill Kenney (6) / Steve Fuller (3)
1983 Bill Kenney (16)
1984 Todd Blackledge (8) / Bill Kenney (8)
1985 Todd Blackledge (6) / Bill Kenney (10)
1986 Bill Kenney (8) / Todd Blackledge (8)
1987 Bill Kenney (8) / Todd Blackledge (2) / Matt Stevens (2) / Frank Seurer (2) / Doug Hudson (1)
1988 Steve DeBerg (11) / Bill Kenney (5)
1989 Steve DeBerg (10) / Ron Jaworski (3) / Steve Pelluer (3)
1990 Steve DeBerg (16)
1991 Steve DeBerg (15) / Mark Vlasic (1)
1992 Dave Krieg (16)
1993 Joe Montana (11)** / Dave Krieg (5) **we won a play off game**
1994 Joe Montana (14) / Steve Bono (2)
1995 Steve Bono (16)
1996 Steve Bono (13) / Rich Gannon (3)
1997 Elvis Grbac (10) / Rich Gannon (6)
1998 Rich Gannon (10) / Elvis Grbac
1999 Elvis Grbac (16)
2000 Elvis Grbac (15) / Warren Moon (1)
2001 Trent Green (16)
2002 Trent Green (16)
2003 Trent Green (16)
2004 Trent Green (16)
2005 Trent Green (16)
2006 Trent Green (8) / Damon Huard (8)
2007 Damon Huard (10) / Brodie Croyle (6)
2008[e] Brodie Croyle (2) / Damon Huard (3) / Tyler Thigpen (11)
2009 Matt Cassel (15) / Brodie Croyle (1)
2010 Matt Cassel (15) / Brodie Croyle (1)
2011 Matt Cassel (9) / Tyler Palko (1)
----------------------------------------------------------------

** 18 years from last play off win ** All we do is start retread/ rehash or back up QBs from other teams & once in blue moon actually start a QB we drafted then as soon as he fails revert to retread / rehash / back up QBs that other teams gave up on. I don't ****ing get it. Why any body would approve Kyle ****ing Orton? I just don't get it. Ha ha, Stanzi is the only 5th round QB we have ever taken so that is a risk but Chiefs don't have the BALLS!

chiefzilla1501
11-24-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't think there's a single person who approves of this move if it means he's our long-term answer. I think almost everyone is demanding we draft a first round QB no matter what. I like Stanzi, but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves if we're getting riled up over a 5th round rookie not starting.

note, from 1997 another 8 years before we draft a QB & Brodie Croyle highest draft pick for QB since 1992 Matt Blundin. We have not had a Rookie QB we drafted start any games his ROOKIE YEAR since Todd Blacklidge. Brodie sucked yes but that's not an excuse not to take a risk on another drafted rookie for the fact that Chiefs just don't have the nads to do so.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>And take a look at this & remember 1993 **?<

Season Quarterback(s) (number of starts)
1960 Cotton Davidson (13) / Hunter Enis (1)
1961 Cotton Davidson (12) / Randy Duncan (2)
1962 Len Dawson (14)
1963 Len Dawson (13) / Eddie Wilson (1)
1964 Len Dawson (14)
1965 Len Dawson (12) / Pete Beathard (2)
1966 Len Dawson (14)
1967 Len Dawson (14)
1968 Len Dawson (13) / Jacky Lee (1)
1969 Len Dawson (7) / Jacky Lee (1) / Mike Livingston (6)
1970 Len Dawson (12) / Mike Livingston (2) (*Jan 11 Super Bowl Champions*)
1971 Len Dawson (13) / Mike Livingston (1)
1972 Len Dawson (12) / Mike Livingston (2)
1973 Mike Livingston (8) / Len Dawson (6)
1974 Len Dawson (8) / Mike Livingston (6)
1975 Mike Livingston (7) / Len Dawson (5) / Tony Adams (2)
1976 Mike Livingston (14)
1977 Mike Livingston (11) / Tony Adams (3)
1978[a] Mike Livingston (14) / Tony Adams (2)
1979 Steve Fuller (12) / Mike Livingston (4)
1980 Steve Fuller (13) / Bill Kenney (3)
1981 Bill Kenney (13) / Steve Fuller (3)
1982[b] Bill Kenney (6) / Steve Fuller (3)
1983 Bill Kenney (16)
1984 Todd Blackledge (8) / Bill Kenney (8)
1985 Todd Blackledge (6) / Bill Kenney (10)
1986 Bill Kenney (8) / Todd Blackledge (8)
1987 Bill Kenney (8) / Todd Blackledge (2) / Matt Stevens (2) / Frank Seurer (2) / Doug Hudson (1)
1988 Steve DeBerg (11) / Bill Kenney (5)
1989 Steve DeBerg (10) / Ron Jaworski (3) / Steve Pelluer (3)
1990 Steve DeBerg (16)
1991 Steve DeBerg (15) / Mark Vlasic (1)
1992 Dave Krieg (16)
1993 Joe Montana (11)** / Dave Krieg (5) **we won a play off game**
1994 Joe Montana (14) / Steve Bono (2)
1995 Steve Bono (16)
1996 Steve Bono (13) / Rich Gannon (3)
1997 Elvis Grbac (10) / Rich Gannon (6)
1998 Rich Gannon (10) / Elvis Grbac
1999 Elvis Grbac (16)
2000 Elvis Grbac (15) / Warren Moon (1)
2001 Trent Green (16)
2002 Trent Green (16)
2003 Trent Green (16)
2004 Trent Green (16)
2005 Trent Green (16)
2006 Trent Green (8) / Damon Huard (8)
2007 Damon Huard (10) / Brodie Croyle (6)
2008[e] Brodie Croyle (2) / Damon Huard (3) / Tyler Thigpen (11)
2009 Matt Cassel (15) / Brodie Croyle (1)
2010 Matt Cassel (15) / Brodie Croyle (1)
2011 Matt Cassel (9) / Tyler Palko (1)
----------------------------------------------------------------

** 18 years from last play off win ** All we do is start retread/ rehash or back up QBs from other teams & once in blue moon actually start a QB we drafted then as soon as he fails revert to retread / rehash / back up QBs that other teams gave up on. I don't ****ing get it. Why any body would approve Kyle ****ing Orton? I just don't get it. Ha ha, Stanzi is the only 5th round QB we have ever taken so that is a risk but Chiefs don't have the BALLS!

-King-
11-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Um...no one is saying that Orton is the QBOTF...

rocknrolla
11-24-2011, 04:43 PM
you may be right.

the Chiefs have Never developed a QB why would they try now.

IMO. I think they are trying with Stanzi. I hope at least. How long was Brady inactive and on the bench after he was drafted. And Rodgers? I know Orton is not the answer, but. He is better than anything we have.

Rasputin
11-24-2011, 04:49 PM

It took an " injury " to replace Cassel. I don't trust them if Kyle Orton playes a hint better than Cassel that they won't stick with him & just draft a later round QB to appease fans for drafting a quarterback.

Again no balls to play a rookie QB no matter what round it is. Just stick in a rehash QB that another team gave up on.

GloryDayz
11-24-2011, 04:54 PM
His biggest problem is his arm is way too weak to play in the NFL and that won't change, ever. He has no business being on an NFL roster.

Perhaps, but how long have we trotted a weak mind out to lead out team? One example cited before was the sheer number of dumb looks Matt has tossed toward our sideline, Palko's weak arm went to work on him armband, coming up with a play.

His harm might bring him down in the NFL, and even have him listed as having "never should have been here because of his arm." I can't wait for the "never should have been here because of his brain and propensity to shit his pants" list.

So what's next, Orton or Stanzi? Wasted season for sure, so do we give Stanzi a one-game prove yourself or leave offer? Maybe two, then start sharpening Orton's skills in case we don't draft a franchise QB?

Reerun_KC
11-24-2011, 04:58 PM
The fact he is on the team tells us fans that they are truly not committed to the QB position and to winning championships.

Rasputin
11-24-2011, 05:10 PM
The fact he is on the team tells us fans that they are truly not committed to the QB position and to winning championships.

Yep

It's just no different than what Carl Peterson brought us for 20 years. It's a panic move and that shows exactly your post comment.

cdcox
11-24-2011, 05:30 PM

****Carl Peterson GM guest appearance begins****
****Carl Peterson GM guest appearance ends****

FYP

Bugeater
11-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah I'll never forgive Carl for making that pick five years before he was hired.

whoman69
11-24-2011, 08:02 PM

Are you sure Scott Pioli isn't thinking that? If they re-sign him I think he is saying that.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Are you sure Scott Pioli isn't thinking that? If they re-sign him I think he is saying that.

This is the 3rd biggest disaster in Scotts short tenure...

How many more strikes are we going to give him before we start demanding changes?

chiefzilla1501
11-24-2011, 08:11 PM
This is the 3rd biggest disaster in Scotts short tenure...

How many more strikes are we going to give him before we start demanding changes?

It's only a disaster if we assume what happens next.

If this is just a move for Orton to finish off the season, it's fine. I think people are getting a little too hung up on a 5th round pick who may or may not be good, and may or may not be ready.

Rasputin
11-24-2011, 08:56 PM
It's only a disaster if we assume what happens next.

If this is just a move for Orton to finish off the season, it's fine. I think people are getting a little too hung up on a 5th round pick who may or may not be good, and may or may not be ready.

Hung up? I don't have any great expectaions from him this year other than getting a chance to play and learn from mistakes and improve for next year. Giving him a chance is only thing we can do to help this team for the future from aspect of film studdy and learn if he can even handle it. I'm wanting to draft a first rounder regardless but also have Stanzi groomed for compitition that is desperatly needed at that position. Bringing in lame dick QB like Kyle Oton sabatoges his development opportunity & sabatoges our chances at taking a first round draft pick. Why are Chiefs and Chiefs fans so scared to play a rookie QB? It's what we haven't done in 25+ years.

Marcellus
11-24-2011, 09:41 PM

Where the hell is this coming from? The guy hasn't played a freaking snap.

Talk about grasping at straws.

We picked him up off the waiver wire and now we are looking to resign him already huh?

How many players has KC picked up on waiver the last 3 years? How many have we resigned?

milkman
11-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Where the hell is this coming from? The guy hasn't played a freaking snap.

Talk about grasping at straws.

We picked him up off the waiver wire and now we are looking to resign him already huh?

How many players has KC picked up on waiver the last 3 years? How many have we resigned?

Chris Chambers.

I said this already, but I believe the reason Orton came to KC, and showed up so quickly, is because Pioli made some kind of verbal commitement.

I think the claim would not have even been placed if Pioli didn't talk to Orton and his agent prior to making the claim.

ChiefsrGood
11-24-2011, 09:58 PM
I ATE THE TURKEY OBAMA PARDONED

chiefzilla1501
11-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Hung up? I don't have any great expectaions from him this year other than getting a chance to play and learn from mistakes and improve for next year. Giving him a chance is only thing we can do to help this team for the future from aspect of film studdy and learn if he can even handle it. I'm wanting to draft a first rounder regardless but also have Stanzi groomed for compitition that is desperatly needed at that position. Bringing in lame dick QB like Kyle Oton sabatoges his development opportunity & sabatoges our chances at taking a first round draft pick. Why are Chiefs and Chiefs fans so scared to play a rookie QB? It's what we haven't done in 25+ years.

We've spent hours at length discussing first round picks vs. 5th round picks.

I like Stanzi. I want to see what he's made of. But c'mon, it's not like we're talking about leaving Aaron Rodgers on the bench.

Marcellus
11-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Chris Chambers.

I said this already, but I believe the reason Orton came to KC, and showed up so quickly, is because Pioli made some kind of verbal commitement.

I think the claim would not have even been placed if Pioli didn't talk to Orton and his agent prior to making the claim.

I don't see it. Orton wasn't going to toss several million $$ over 6 games.

Now did they tell him he would have a chance to play and not be a back up? Yea I can see that.

Talk about a contract? I don't see anything outside of Pioli telling them you come here and play well we will talk after the season but that is far from a commitment.

I will say if they DID, that's a good sign because that means Cassel is a dead man walking.

I don't see it though.

milkman
11-24-2011, 10:13 PM
I don't see it. Orton wasn't going to toss several million $$ over 6 games.

Now did they tell him he would have a chance to play and not be a back up? Yea I can see that.

Talk about a contract? I don't see anything outside of Pioli telling them you come here and play well we will talk after the season but that is far from a commitment.

I will say if they DID, that's a good sign because that means Cassel is a dead man walking.

I don't see it though.

Several million?

It's been reported that 2.5 mil was wrong, that he in fact would only be giving away 1.5 mil.

But I'm betting they will have him signed to a contact extension by season's end, and that the commitment they made to him was that he would be given a legitimate chance to compete with Cassel.

Marcellus
11-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Several million?

It's been reported that 2.5 mil was wrong, that he in fact would only be giving away 1.5 mil.

But I'm betting they will have him signed to a contact extension by season's end, and that the commitment they made to him was that he would be given a legitimate chance to compete with Cassel.

I will take that bet.

Ummm want to bet some crazy amount of insane internet $$$$ or some type of killer internet beat down bravado bragging rights?

My keyboard is a badass mother scratcher.

milkman
11-24-2011, 10:17 PM
I will take that bet.

Ummm want to bet some crazy amount of insane internet $$$$ or some type of killer internet beat down bravado bragging rights?

My keyboard is a badass mother scratcher.

Figure of speech.

Betting useless crap is just a waste.

DaFace
11-24-2011, 10:18 PM

This would make me very sad.

Marcellus
11-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Figure of speech.

Betting useless crap is just a waste.

Yea, I was being sarcastic as well if you couldn't tell. :p

milkman
11-24-2011, 10:19 PM
This would make me very sad.

As a fan of this team for the better part of 50 years, I've come to always expect the worst.

Marcellus
11-24-2011, 10:21 PM
As a fan of this team for the better part of 50 years, I've come to always expect the worst.

I was wondering if that is where it comes from because while the picking him up doesn't bother me right now, any intention to sign him does so then I thought, well they may just do that.

I refuse to believe it because that would ruin my football life for the foreseeable future.

FringeNC
11-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Several million?

Contract extension, perhaps. Competing with Cassel? Find that hard to believe. Contract extension for Orton = Cassel cut. Why pay Cassel when there is no way he'd beat out Orton.

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2011, 11:19 PM
if we had a legit chance at doing anything in the playoffs, i would approve

ThaVirus
11-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Several million?

You slut!

Don't mention something like that and ruin my life ever again!

FAX
11-25-2011, 01:58 AM
Chris Chambers.

Many here know that you are wise beyond your years, Mr. milkman ... or, perhaps, in spite of them.

However, it should be noted that Orton couldn't stand being associated with the goat people of the mountains any longer. Imagine the way he felt ... embarrassed ... humiliated ... mortified. I mean, the guy was yanked for a Tebow ... hell ... it even sounds obscene when you say it.

Pioli may not have had to offer him a legitimate try-out next year. He may have simply had to offer him some beard conditioner and an outside shot at playing against the goat people later this year.

FAX

Rasputin
11-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Contract extension, perhaps. Competing with Cassel? Find that hard to believe. Contract extension for Orton = Cassel cut. Why pay Cassel when there is no way he'd beat out Orton.

Competition? There is not going be competition, there going to stick with Orton now. No such thing as competition for starting job in Kansas City. Cassel never had it, they pick a guy and go with him and not a rookie QB is going get the reps or playing time to get the opportunity to beat out any retread QB in Kansas City. Just doesn't happen. Not since the 80's.

Pioli and Haley want to win now, we are getting back Jamaal Charles and Eric Berry & Moeaki next year so we will be back to being good, just not good enough with a lame dick QB at helm. We have had reject QBs start for this team time and time again, it never changes.

vailpass
11-25-2011, 08:42 AM
I feel a little different talking to you guys now that you are doing my sloppy seconds. Is Stanzi really looking so bad in practice that they don't dare even run him out this year to see what he has? KC was forced to make this move instead?

BoneKrusher
11-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Is Stanzi really looking so bad in practice that they don't dare even run him out this year to see what he has? KC was forced to make this move instead?

the Chiefs have never groomed a QB.
they would rather use some other teams Backup as their starter.
that's just the way it's always been in KC.

i just hope Orton has a chance to play enough to rid us of Cassel.