PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hat's off to the defense tonight...

petegz28
11-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Thsi defense played the best they probably have all year tonight. They were put in impossible situations several times early and held. 13 points allowed...7 which probably never should have happened if it weren't for Palko....

I have been down on Crennel this year but tonight his squad came to play and brought it to the field

Bane
11-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Rape boy should be up by 30 points by now.

Jewish Rabbi
11-27-2011, 10:12 PM
So what does the hat own again?

Gonzo
11-27-2011, 10:23 PM
I hope the D gang-rapes Palko into a coma.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chieftain58
11-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Amen, Defense played fine

KCrockaholic
11-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Fantastic job by the D.

I bet all the Palko interceptions in practice really gave the Chiefs defense some confidence going into this game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-27-2011, 10:28 PM
I know this sounds weird given the score and the TO, but that didn't really feel like a dominating effort by the defense. I feel like Derrick Johnson was an absolute animal, but aside from that, it seemed like Pittsburgh kept shooting themselves in the foot. Goal line fumbles, Roethlisberger's horrible pass to Daniels, dropped passes.

That was just a bizarre game. Maybe I am selling the defense short, but it didn't seem like they were dominant or controlling the game. That was a very, very strange game. Pitt seemed flat to me, but maybe that really was the Chiefs D bringing it. I'm not sure.

RealSNR
11-27-2011, 10:28 PM
I hope the D gang-rapes Palko into a coma.
Posted via Mobile DeviceJust in time for Orton to start next week! Hooray!

HonestChieffan
11-27-2011, 10:29 PM
looking for the least smelly turd in a pile? God. We suck on so many levels.

Munson
Best defensive performance of the year. This D looks so much better when we blitz the shit out of the QB, instead of sitting back and playing the "bend don't break" defense.

the Talking Can
it's 'hats' not 'hat's'...

O.city
11-27-2011, 10:30 PM
I know this sounds weird given the score and the TO, but that didn't really feel like a dominating effort by the defense. I feel like Derrick Johnson was an absolute animal, but aside from that, it seemed like Pittsburgh kept shooting themselves in the foot. Goal line fumbles, Roethlisberger's horrible pass to Daniels, dropped passes.

That was just a bizarre game. Maybe I am selling the defense short, but it didn't seem like they were dominant or controlling the game. That was a very, very strange game. Pitt seemed flat to me, but maybe that really was the Chiefs D bringing it. I'm not sure.

Good grief man. We turned it over what 3 times, gave them the ball inside their 50 a ton and still held them to 13 points. The defense was pretty nasty today. Give some credit.

RealSNR

That was just a bizarre game. Maybe I am selling the defense short, but it didn't seem like they were dominant or controlling the game. That was a very, very strange game. Pitt seemed flat to me, but maybe that really was the Chiefs D bringing it. I'm not sure.It's a mixture of both. The defense played with passion and energy all game. I think Crennel has shock collars installed inside the defensive players' uniforms, and presses the button when he thinks a guy isn't giving full effort on every play

yeti
Houston had a decent game too.

FAX
Big time.

And they can have my hats. No problem.

FAX

rockymtnchief
Thanks defense for making this team look some what respectable. Game ball to you guys.

the Talking Can
11-27-2011, 10:31 PM

our front 7 dominated their ass

Tribal Warfare
11-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Houston had a decent game too.

I think the kid is coming around, they are starting to blitz him more also.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-27-2011, 10:33 PM
our front 7 dominated their ass

You may well be right. Maybe the ineptitude of the offense masked the play of the defense to me. It was weird, because Pittsburgh had a lot of success moving the ball for the most part, but would seem to have one killer play each drive--a holding penalty, a pick, fumble, etc. that would blow their momentum.

|Zach|
11-27-2011, 10:34 PM
No doubt,

AZChief
11-27-2011, 10:34 PM
defense played tremendous. not quitting when you know your offense is total a$$ is very, very hard...

yeti
11-27-2011, 10:36 PM
defense played tremendous. not quitting when you know your offense is total a$$ is very, very hard...

Exactly. They bent for sure but they played with a total abortion on the other side of the ball. There is no way I am going to give the D any shit in this one.

kcxiv
11-27-2011, 10:36 PM
You may well be right. Maybe the ineptitude of the offense masked the play of the defense to me. It was weird, because Pittsburgh had a lot of success moving the ball for the most part, but would seem to have one killer play each drive--a holding penalty, a pick, fumble, etc. that would blow their momentum.

worked both ways, we did the same shit, so it all evens out

the Talking Can
11-27-2011, 10:37 PM

they only had 290 yards...had 4 or 5 holding calls, averaged less than 4 yards per carry, and Raperburger had pressure all night

hali caused the fumble, it wasn't a fluke...you're selling them short

and they did all this with a QB who turned it over 4 times and kept putting the defense on short fields with no rest

InChiefsHeaven
11-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Nobody better shit on Romeo or the D after this game. Goddam. Only reason we were still in it. Our offense is fucked for alot of reasons, but the D is solid.

petegz28
11-27-2011, 10:38 PM

The fumble was forced. I have to give the Chiefs D huge props tonight.

Nightfyre
11-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I will be curious to see how Houston grades out this game. I'm betting its pretty high. Hali had a monster game despite non-called holds. DJ was a beast. The corners were awesome. Bailey was a beast this game too! Lots to be excited about in terms of our young, talented defense. Lock up Carr before season end so we can tag Bowe. JMO.

the Talking Can
11-27-2011, 10:39 PM
houston grew a pair tonight as well

O.city
11-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Add Berry at 100 percent back to this defense it could be really really solid.

Nightfyre
11-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Oh, not to mention the D got raped by the refs in the first half for like 2-3 retarded hankies.

FAX
11-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Yeah ... to diminish what the defense did tonight is unfair.

They were on the field for probably 40 minutes. They played tough in the redzone and attacked both the run and the pass throughout. Everybody seemed to play their position with discipline and even the young guys showed up.

It's damn difficult to do what they did tonight. The Steelers offense is no slouch.

FAX

O.city
11-27-2011, 10:45 PM
The thing that I liked was that they attacked, they didn't sit back and play come to me defense.

FAX
11-27-2011, 10:48 PM
The thing that I liked was that they attacked, they didn't sit back and play come to me defense.

Yep. Even out the bizarre Hoculis and a couple of missed INT opportunities and they could have won this one without the offense at all.

FAX

petegz28
11-27-2011, 10:48 PM

They need to do that from now on. I have been waiting for that since we went to ta 3-4. The Steelers have big RB's, fast WR's and a great QB....and we held their ass in check.

PRIEST
11-27-2011, 10:50 PM

This

Three7s
11-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Our defense decided to play its ass off for a QB that shouldn't even be in the league. Meh.....

Pasta Little Brioni
11-27-2011, 10:59 PM
They gave the team a chance to win. No doubt about that. 45 possessions and 1 TD by the offense would make Herm cry for Arena football.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Games like tonight at least make you feel like if we had a good QB we could win playoff games.

I believe this D will be an animal next year with Berry back and a year of development under the belts of Houston, Powe and Country Strong.

Nightfyre
11-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Games like tonight at least make you feel like if we had a good QB we could win playoff games.

I believe this D will be an animal next year with Berry back and a year of development under the belts of Houston, Powe and Country Strong.

For once, gochiefs and I agree on something. The defense is a couple players away from being a well-oiled machine.

Marcellus
11-27-2011, 11:07 PM
We should give the Chiefs defense positive rep so they know how we feel about them.

boogblaster
11-27-2011, 11:52 PM
the D ply'd a execellant game .. but Ive seen all of Pallykoo I can stand .....

Simply Red
11-27-2011, 11:53 PM
I agree Peter, glad you made the thread.

Bewbies
11-27-2011, 11:58 PM

This was my thought watching the game. With a QB, and our injured guys coming back we could be very, very good.

ChiefsCountry
11-28-2011, 02:12 AM
houston grew a pair tonight as well

Romeo actually used him correctly tonight, instead of playing the Vrabel cover LB role - he sent him along with Tamba tonight. Both of them rushing really helped the pass rush out. Houston has a ton of natural talent rushing the passer, he has no business out in the flats covering people. If they wanted to draft that type of player Ayers should have been have been the pick. Get Berry back and a legit NT and we got something on defense.

Phobia
11-28-2011, 02:20 AM
If Palko went 2 for 8 with a TD tonight the Chiefs win this one 16-6. It's hard for a defense to recover from Palko's mistakes. Frankly, I'm shocked they held them to like 10 pts on 4 turnovers. I'll take that from my team's defense any Sunday.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-28-2011, 02:20 AM
So what does the hat own again?

LOL

Mama Hip Rockets
11-28-2011, 02:22 AM

You realize that the goal line fumble was due to Tamba Hali being a total badass, right?

Rasputin
11-28-2011, 02:24 AM
Unfortunatly the defense may have help Palko keep his job another week. They kept Stanzi off the field that way.